PDA

View Full Version : AMON TOBIN: ISAM

geonotgio
03-25-2012, 02:37 AM
WHY IS THIS NOT GETTING ANY HYPE?!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOAm23iu_TM

THIS IS ABSOLUTELY INSANE! This ranks up there with the Daft Punk Set.

Mike Litoris
03-25-2012, 02:49 AM
WE DEFINITELY NEEDED ANOTHER THREAD ABOUT THIS TOTALLY INSANE SET, bro

geonotgio
03-25-2012, 02:53 AM
my bad. I'm really excited about this set.

geonotgio
03-25-2012, 02:54 AM
Do you think that thing can fit inside the sahara?

baldomero
03-25-2012, 04:09 AM
I can't wait for this set!!! I picked up Islam and Foley room as I recently discovered Amon and have quickly fallen in love... Don't spread the word to much, I want homey ALL to myself lol !!!!!!!!

Mr. Dylanja
03-26-2012, 12:07 PM
I'm hoping/expecting that this v2.0 of ISAM will offer some variance in the set. "People Like Frank," or "Permutation" would be awesome.

menikmati
03-26-2012, 12:08 PM
Do you think that thing can fit inside the sahara?

It could fit inside the Gobi.

daftpunked
03-26-2012, 12:30 PM
I'm hoping/expecting that this v2.0 of ISAM will offer some variance in the set. "People Like Frank," or "Permutation" would be awesome.

Just curious about your comment... this is supposed to be a v.2.0 of ISAM? Is there news or info about that anywhere?

MistaGlitch
03-26-2012, 12:33 PM
I heard Coachella was the last performance of ISAM and he's debuting Version 2.0 after...that's inaccurate?

Goatchella
03-26-2012, 12:33 PM
There are many other threads... Even late threads where the op was made to look like a clown.

Yet here we are.

Again.

Hey has anyone heard of ISAM? I'm a kook and I just found out today.

Mr. Dylanja
03-26-2012, 12:39 PM
Don't get excited, I was assuming.

Wheres the beef?
03-26-2012, 02:26 PM
I thought version 2.0 was what he was touring around NA with after the 1.0 debut at mutek and dB and that coachella would be the 3.0.

thefrush
03-26-2012, 04:18 PM
I'll wait until version 7.0

keegan891
03-26-2012, 04:33 PM
it isn't as big as it looks on video they'll be able to fit it inside the hard part is going to be setting it up quickly

just a scenario please no one flip out on this but...

just a scenario

had him close the outside stage so they would have an hour to set it up in-between the last two acts on the main stage

Vic Viper
03-26-2012, 04:44 PM
if i'm someone who's only been vaguely familiar with amon tobin and never heard ISAM, should i listen to it now or wait to watch it live? checking out a few tracks from it now, it seems like it might have more of an impact on me if i go in not knowing what to expect, and then having the album to re-live the experience afterwards.

Goatchella
03-26-2012, 04:49 PM
Sahara will more than likely have one stage and light set up. Custom productions will prob be in gobi, Mojave or outdoor

MistaGlitch
03-26-2012, 05:08 PM
id listen to the album but not watch the show in advance.

weezy f baby
03-27-2012, 10:01 AM
Do I have to click the ACCEPT TERMS AND CONDITIONS box in order to watch version 2.0?

geonotgio
03-28-2012, 10:21 AM
if i'm someone who's only been vaguely familiar with amon tobin and never heard ISAM, should i listen to it now or wait to watch it live? checking out a few tracks from it now, it seems like it might have more of an impact on me if i go in not knowing what to expect, and then having the album to re-live the experience afterwards.

I wouldn't know what to tell you brotha. Nobody knows you better than you. The act is not just about music but an overall experience. Stimulating more than just the ears.

Vic Viper
03-28-2012, 10:52 AM
I wouldn't know what to tell you brotha. Nobody knows you better than you. The act is not just about music but an overall experience. Stimulating more than just the ears.
i've been listening to ISAM on loop this morning, i think i'm on my 4th listen. i kind of stopped listening to this style of music/sound awhile ago (too dissonant and "sound collage"-y, i need a good beat) but for what it is, i dig it. i can imagine visuals going nicely with this and i'm looking forward to seeing it live on the fields.

weezy f baby
03-28-2012, 11:55 AM
i've been listening to ISAM on loop this morning, i think i'm on my 4th listen. i kind of stopped listening to this style of music/sound awhile ago (too dissonant and "sound collage"-y, i need a good beat) but for what it is, i dig it. i can imagine visuals going nicely with this and i'm looking forward to seeing it live on the fields.

This isn't music. It's more like a crazy trippy experimental film. There was not really much dancing involved. Just a bunch of people starring in amazement. I know I was completely dumbfounded by it. Looking forward to version 2.45a

geonotgio
03-28-2012, 11:58 AM
This isn't music. It's more like a crazy trippy experimental film. There was not really much dancing involved. Just a bunch of people starring in amazement. I know I was completely dumbfounded by it. Looking forward to version 2.45a

SPOT ON BRO!

Distorted_Jungle
03-28-2012, 12:21 PM
I can't wait for this set!!! I picked up Islam and Foley room as I recently discovered Amon and have quickly fallen in love... Don't spread the word to much, I want homey ALL to myself lol !!!!!!!!

Islam is by far his best album...

The ISAM show was the best movie I saw in 2011, I wouldn't consider it a concert. It's a visually stunning movie with an interesting score, that's it.

involvelemons
03-28-2012, 12:31 PM
I'm not even really a Tobin fan, and thought that Isam was kinda just-ok (I preferred Supermodified), but the live set was really badass. I thought I wouldn't be hyped on it after watching all the videos online, but it completely held my attention.

geonotgio
03-28-2012, 12:39 PM
psssst. would you recommend taking a psychedelic?

geonotgio
03-28-2012, 12:39 PM
nvm i'll answer my own question. i'm fucking doing it.

daftpunked
03-28-2012, 01:56 PM
nvm i'll answer my own question. i'm fucking doing it.

Amon says ISAM was created through his own psychedelic experiences, so yeah, the show might make even more sense that way.

Vic Viper
03-28-2012, 02:07 PM
well i hesitant to call it music, but i didn't know if i'd offend some tobin megafan by insinuating it wasn't "music".

it's been good background accompaniment for work today.

bobert
03-28-2012, 02:29 PM
well i hesitant to call it music, but i didn't know if i'd offend some tobin megafan by insinuating it wasn't "music".

ISAM is more experimental soundscapes than music - Tobin himself has stated that. His earlier stuff was a lot different. Seems like ISAM live is more multimedia art installation than a musical performance. That's what I'm going into it expecting.

Gribbz
03-28-2012, 02:32 PM
ISAM is more experimental soundscapes than music - Tobin himself has stated that. His earlier stuff was a lot different. Seems like ISAM live is more multimedia art installation than a musical performance. That's what I'm going into it expecting.

And people are still dead set on him being in the Sahara.

Goatchella
03-28-2012, 02:34 PM
He will NOT be in the Sahara. Pretty simple logic.

Gribbz
03-28-2012, 02:37 PM
Pretty simple logic.
I thought it was too.

VigoTheCarpathian
03-28-2012, 02:43 PM

Yeah the music is emotionally impotent but it will be a sight to see.

I'm excited about the halloween party that the tents will be Friday the 13th if you know what I mean: Death Grips, Horrors, black angels, Atari Teenage Riot, Mazzy Star, Amon Tobin in the sahara.... if it pans out that way.

So my plan will be to watch EITS from the beer garden at sun down, fill myself with beers during Pulp, and then make my way over to the party.

Thanks for listening Vigo appreciates it.

brycerosen
03-28-2012, 02:53 PM
I am really excited for this, maybe my top act for friday, but im trying to avoind watching and video of the set since there is a good chance it will be the same show done on his tour last year

geonotgio
03-29-2012, 07:28 AM
Amon says ISAM was created through his own psychedelic experiences, so yeah, the show might make even more sense that way.

:) thanks

Wazzzzzup928
03-29-2012, 05:52 PM
On the lineup he is booked as just Amon Tobin not Amon Tobin ISAM: Live. Curiosity or concerns with this?

aaronbk
03-29-2012, 05:55 PM
been discussed^ no concern, because we all know it will be isam. I would rather just have him do a dj set.

flowbee
03-29-2012, 06:03 PM
On the lineup he is booked as just Amon Tobin not Amon Tobin ISAM: Live. Curiosity or concerns with this?

ISAM live, just an updated one starting at Coachella

From the website

Amon Tobin's ISAM Live tour last year was one of epic proportions. It set a standard for things to come with both world wide mainstream acclaim and local Twitter trending topics at every turn.

After a Spring stop at the Coachella Festival, a new look ISAM Live is hitting the road this fall throughout US & Canada. Many of the shows on the last run sold out months in advance so here's a heads up for those of you previously left out in the cold.

On amontobin.com we are pleased to offer exclusive North American ticket presale bundles with the newly announced 6 x 10" 7xCD 2xDVD box set of rare and unreleased material including the ISAM Live concert DVD.

Full track list here and Tour Dates below.

Mr. Dylanja
03-29-2012, 08:58 PM
Just to clarify, that means new version after Coachella but not at Coachella right?

Alchemy
04-08-2012, 07:28 PM
Amon Tobin has been rising on my priority list in these last days.

iammrcandyman
04-08-2012, 07:50 PM
I've been listening to ISAM and it got me a lot more hyped for the set. Watching clips of his live shows will only do so much.

Twattycakes
04-08-2012, 08:07 PM
Set is gonna be bananas. Outdoor Theatre during SHM?

Wheres the beef?
04-08-2012, 08:25 PM
Amon Tobin has been rising on my priority list in these last days.

If you haven't seen it, I'd put it on the "do not miss" list.

weezy f baby
04-08-2012, 10:54 PM
Mojave. Lock it.

iammrcandyman
04-08-2012, 10:59 PM
Mojave, definitely after sundown. I'll predict a conflict with the Black Keys at the main stage and Refused at the outdoor. Maybe Afrojack at the Sahara...

ficklecycle
04-08-2012, 11:08 PM
I'd be okay with that. I'm planning on catching a partial Black Keys set anyway.

adammm
04-08-2012, 11:37 PM
the thing is that just hit me... if you are shorter than the average height of the crowd.. then this set will be significantly less awesome for you....

iammrcandyman
04-09-2012, 12:58 AM
the thing is that just hit me... if you are shorter than the average height of the crowd.. then this set will be significantly less awesome for you....

I'm predicting epic battles over front row spots for Amon Tobin.

Alchemy
04-09-2012, 06:01 AM
If you haven't seen it, I'd put it on the "do not miss" list.

I've got a few "do not miss" acts on Friday.

amma_sol
04-09-2012, 06:15 AM
This is my number one Friday show

GuyInTucson
04-09-2012, 06:31 AM
It should be a great movie.

Goatchella
04-09-2012, 06:44 AM
Lol

daftpunked
04-09-2012, 09:46 PM
http://youtu.be/hSFvyiDvtFQ

Andrew 619
04-11-2012, 10:00 PM
Anyone else see Amon tobin playing thursday on the new app?

bobert
04-11-2012, 10:35 PM
It's a glitch. No one is playing the Mojave at midnight on Thursday.

Bus McRider
04-11-2012, 11:08 PM
Amon Tobin fans, be sure to check out Two Fingers on Saturday in the Do-Lab at 8:30- he is one half of the duo.

iammrcandyman
04-12-2012, 01:15 AM
Mojave, definitely after sundown. I'll predict a conflict with the Black Keys at the main stage and Refused at the outdoor. Maybe Afrojack at the Sahara...

I was pretty damn close.

karlyb
04-12-2012, 08:21 AM
The official Coachella app now says this is Thursday night?? Any confirmation on that? Super pumped!!

nine day brawl
04-14-2012, 09:15 AM
Amon Tobin force-fed me a steady diet of HOLYFUCK. Absolutely amazing! See him w2'ers!

AbundantChoice
04-14-2012, 10:52 AM
I'm predicting epic battles over front row spots for Amon Tobin.

I'd actually advise against it. For the full ISAM effect you actually want to be a little bit back. Too close and the video projections are too... video-projection-y. Kind of like how you don't want to sit in the front row of a movie theater... it's hard to explain. Shoot for 1/4 to 1/3 of the way back for optimal effect.

calymos
04-14-2012, 06:36 PM
ISAM was so freaking cool. I'll add stories after the weekend is done. :)

thefrush
04-15-2012, 04:12 PM
Caught like three minutes of it on the webcast, and was blown the fuck away.

Side note: the portion I saw sounded like he was playing a Noisia track, does he play non-original music in his sets?

unknown
04-15-2012, 04:18 PM
Yes. He drops Noisia frequently - ISAM tour and dj sets.

Bonovan
04-15-2012, 05:25 PM
This is my number one Friday show

Ditto. Coachella's best kept secret. (Friday PM/Saturday AM - April 20/21. I am there.)

calymos
04-16-2012, 01:57 PM
I am a huge Tobin fan. My mind was completely melted, and I wouldn't trade the viewing for anything in the world. Also, if anybody from this weekend saw it, I had VIP and totally snuck up on stage to see the set up close, and had to pretend to be night crew. It... was pretty wicked. Drunk confidence + favourite artist = taking totally worthwhile risks.

juloxx
04-16-2012, 08:11 PM
This show made me utter 6 words I never thought I would say "Lets go see Swedish House Mafia"

Seriously, this show is the result of when a guy puts to much thought into visuals and nothing into the "music". It litterally just felt like he was pressing sounds off a kiddy toy where you just get a certain sound affect/siren with a coorpesponding flashing light. Its amazing how this guy gets so much attention from magazines and shit like "Must see acts of Coachella" articles, purely because of his visual setup, when people like Subfocus struggle to get any publicity in that world, yet have a seemingly superior setup and actually plays/dj's music to go with it.

Amon Tobin blew. Im pretty sure everyone was disappointed but they werent willing to admit it because that would also admit you wasted the most important timeslot of Firday

iGz89
04-16-2012, 08:14 PM
Anyone know if Two Fingers played at the Do Lab? I was waiting for his set but it was Machinedrum that was playing during his time slot instead.

bemerritt
04-16-2012, 08:23 PM
This set turned out to be everything I wanted it to be. A very enjoyable change of pace that was obviously visually stunning.

CrimesceneCookie
04-16-2012, 08:31 PM
I left after 5 minutes. I couldn't see anything but the backs of people's heads and cameras, and it was too quiet with a lot of soundbleed from everywhere.
I don't get why SHM would be the logical alternative when The Horrors were burning down the Gobi a few yards away.

brando4n82
04-16-2012, 08:48 PM
Very underwhelming. Second what Juloxx said. Not even the visuals were that impressive to me. Bare in mind I dropped acid on Friday. Thank god the rapture/m8 made up for my friday night

Donaldj
04-16-2012, 08:54 PM
ISAM is an experimental album. If you're familiar with the album ISAM or like experimental electronic music it's a must see live experience. If you go in wanting dance music, or a dj set it will probably disappoint you. I wasn't there this weekend but saw it at the Fonda last year and I personally place it in my top 10 shows of all time. I'm also a fan of the album though.

Sensuality
04-16-2012, 09:03 PM
I love the music, the visual setup was secondary for me... I didn't know what to expect as I had not see him live until this weekend.

I'll admit, I was a little run down from the days activities at that point in the night, if he were on earlier (possibly right at sundown to maximize the visual experience) it would have been better. Still had a good time though.

jiggly
04-16-2012, 09:06 PM
Very underwhelming. Second what Juloxx said. Not even the visuals were that impressive to me. Bare in mind I dropped acid on Friday. Thank god the rapture/m8 made up for my friday night

this is all the evidence I need in regards to Tobin. Thanks.

Mike Litoris
04-16-2012, 09:08 PM
It was a cool set, but the sound bleed was terrible on Friday night. Also there was a light shining right on the stage for a majority of the set but once that got turned off, the visuals were amazing.

aphrael
04-16-2012, 09:45 PM
ISAM is an experimental album. If you're familiar with the album ISAM or like experimental electronic music it's a must see live experience. If you go in wanting dance music, or a dj set it will probably disappoint you. I wasn't there this weekend but saw it at the Fonda last year and I personally place it in my top 10 shows of all time. I'm also a fan of the album though.

admittedly, i was tired enough (east coast FTW!) that I spent half the set curled up against the wall of the Sahara drifting in and out of a trance, but the music sounded pretty damned good to me; it reminded me a lot of DJ Spooky.

malcolmjama1awesome
04-16-2012, 09:49 PM
bored to tears should have stayed in the do lab

Gribbz
04-16-2012, 10:18 PM
Yeah, this was unbelievably boring/underwhelming. And I really like Amon Tobin.

electrocute
04-16-2012, 10:38 PM
The coolest possible way I could have ended Friday, and one of the hugest surprises for me... I'm glad I hadn't listened or watched anything of it beforehand, so I could just be completely awed by the experience. It's definitely not for dancing - more like an intense, mesmerizing sensory art trip, and it's a far cry from almost everything at the festival in terms of being conventional, commercial, or mainstream. Totally unforgettable. The music is not something I would listen to normally, but I loved the inventiveness and technological wizardry of this "set".

Re: hallucinogens, I was actually glad my stuff had worn off by this time. This shit is SOOO TRIPPY I think it probably would have freaked me out, and it's cool to just let your brain absorb the awesome spectacle.

SmittyJoe
04-17-2012, 12:23 AM
An unfamiliar name I looked up from seeing the line up this year, and he quickly rose to the top of my to-see list. Though I would recommend researching the act first if you're unfamiliar. Otherwise you'll just end up like one of the whiners here expecting something to fist pump to and take up space. If you are looking to have the trip of a lifetime this is it.

I walked in, posted up in the front middle of the crowd, and didn't move an inch until he finished. The visuals were amazing, which is obviously to be expected, matching up with crunchy, synthy, mechanical sounds that throttle your ears, backed by the kind of low bass that you feel all in your intestines. And you can see all of these noises translated on the wall of boxes, with a surprising range of capabilities. I felt as if every change in sounds, samples, or visuals merged with my senses in a way that slowly wrapped around my nerves until I was completely paralyzed, held a wide-eyed captive to the stage. I bobbed my head to the danceable parts of the performance, but my eyes were still locked on. By the time he got to Kitty Kat I could not sense any of myself, only the sound in the atmosphere around me, and I was melting into the floor. He had me exactly where he wanted me, and that was all in his dark and mysterious visions. Once the set ended I was all there but my mind felt significantly more disoriented, so I stumbled back to my tent to pass out. I have never had a trip like that in my life, and I've never felt more connected to an artist, as if he has been my transcendental guide.

TL;DR Amon Tobin fucked me up!!!
Get on it while you can

Josesativa
04-17-2012, 12:39 AM
An unfamiliar name I looked up from seeing the line up this year, and he quickly rose to the top of my to-see list. Though I would recommend researching the act first if you're unfamiliar. Otherwise you'll just end up like one of the whiners here expecting something to fist pump to and take up space. If you are looking to have the trip of a lifetime this is it.

I walked in, posted up in the front middle of the crowd, and didn't move an inch until he finished. The visuals were amazing, which is obviously to be expected, matching up with crunchy, synthy, mechanical sounds that throttle your ears, backed by the kind of low bass that you feel all in your intestines. And you can see all of these noises translated on the wall of boxes, with a surprising range of capabilities. I felt as if every change in sounds, samples, or visuals merged with my senses in a way that slowly wrapped around my nerves until I was completely paralyzed, held a wide-eyed captive to the stage. I bobbed my head to the danceable parts of the performance, but my eyes were still locked on. By the time he got to Kitty Kat I could not sense any of myself, only the sound in the atmosphere around me, and I was melting into the floor. He had me exactly where he wanted me, and that was all in his dark and mysterious visions. Once the set ended I was all there but my mind felt significantly more disoriented, so I stumbled back to my tent to pass out. I have never had a trip like that in my life, and I've never felt more connected to an artist, as if he has been my transcendental guide.

Get on it while you can
finally a real review

theGold
04-17-2012, 07:45 AM
This show made me utter 6 words I never thought I would say "Lets go see Swedish House Mafia"

Seriously, this show is the result of when a guy puts to much thought into visuals and nothing into the "music". It litterally just felt like he was pressing sounds off a kiddy toy where you just get a certain sound affect/siren with a coorpesponding flashing light. Its amazing how this guy gets so much attention from magazines and shit like "Must see acts of Coachella" articles, purely because of his visual setup, when people like Subfocus struggle to get any publicity in that world, yet have a seemingly superior setup and actually plays/dj's music to go with it.

Amon Tobin blew. Im pretty sure everyone was disappointed but they werent willing to admit it because that would also admit you wasted the most important timeslot of Firday

A lot of people loved it. If you were looking for an easy, dancey beat, then yea, you were probably better off at SHM. Amon Tobin's sound is far from traditional. It's a journey.

Goatchella
04-17-2012, 07:48 AM
Don't waste your time....

Too many drugged out retards trying to film the whole thing..it's really good, but the cameras killed it.

Sorry to the guy I bonked on the head with the hula hoop. Filming a visual set is retarded and you were ruining the show for everyone behind you.

Goatchella
04-17-2012, 07:49 AM
Anyone know if Two Fingers played at the Do Lab? I was waiting for his set but it was Machinedrum that was playing during his time slot instead.

Fuck yes.....killed it!!!!

brycerosen
04-17-2012, 07:53 AM
Don't waste your time....

Too many drugged out retards trying to film the whole thing..it's really good, but the cameras killed it.

Sorry to the guy I bonked on the head with the hula hoop. Filming a visual set is retarded and you were ruining the show for everyone behind you.

i loved this set, perfect way to end my day (fri was my most stacked so i was running around all day) but i do agree, it was really annoying constantly being interrupted by people filiming the show with their cameras up in the air

juloxx
04-17-2012, 11:01 AM

TL;DR I was on a lot of drugs and would enjoy anything as long as it had lights and a cooresponding sound. It doesnt matter what the sound is, just a sound. It could be Ellen De Generes repeating the word "rectum" over and over, as long as I am on drugs and it had lights, its a good set.
Get on it while you can

fixed some of that for you

Also, you are implying that the same people that CHOSE to go to this set over SHM are still the same people that are "fist pumpers"? Please. Go do more drugs and play with this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6gJ18KueDq0

If that toy had LED's it would be more coherent than Amon Tobins set...... and it actually plays music

tharris
04-17-2012, 12:22 PM
Amon Tobin was amazing. It was funny seeing all the people there expecting to dance and leaving about 15 minutes into the set. This guy in front of me kept jumping up and down every time he thought the bass was about to drop and of course that never happened so he left. It was the perfect comedown end to an amazing Friday. I almost missed this show because I was battling a cold and felt like packing it in for the night, but I'm so glad I didn't.

SmittyJoe
04-17-2012, 12:27 PM
Har dee harr harr, if only that were true. Then I'd be able to listen to Swedish House Mafias overplayed songs some more. I was just poking fun at the who hated it because they expected something other than a psychedelic trip. But hey, bring that thing next year and I'll rock the shit out of it

mazzystareyes
04-17-2012, 11:43 PM
fixed some of that for you

Also, you are implying that the same people that CHOSE to go to this set over SHM are still the same people that are "fist pumpers"? Please. Go do more drugs and play with this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6gJ18KueDq0

If that toy had LED's it would be more coherent than Amon Tobins set...... and it actually plays music

I thought you were the big tripper in town. Pissed cause your hook failed you?

Auenway
04-17-2012, 11:52 PM

Get on it while you can

Sounds like you had some awesome Shrooms.

But I was there for about 10 mintues, sounded cool and looked cool but I think you need to be up close to really get into it. It wont catch your attention and make you watch if you just walking by and have no idea who is playing. Just matters what your in the mood for at that time slot @ coachella, you wanna fist pump orrrr just trip?

Trick Loves The Kids
04-18-2012, 12:04 AM
I gotta agree with Juloxx here... having seen this show twice, looking back I realize I watched a tech demo of projection mapping technology set to some machine shop/foley artist music. I enjoyed it for sure but in terms of an actual musical/emotional experience (let's talk Daft Punk for a second!)... this was not that.

bender
04-18-2012, 07:08 AM
In order for the shadow effects to work well, it needs to be as dark as possible for this set. I don't know how they fucked this up for this set, but there was a massive floodlight shining into the tent from the terrace area for the first half of this set. After they turned that off it was great though. Being able to always see the white cubes when there's no light on them (and they should just be darkness) kind of ruins the effect though. I noticed that it looks better when filmed than in real life because of this (the camera just sees black). I checked out most of the other stages and there wasnt anything better on friday night. What was with Datsik ripping off David guetta's robots?

moviebruin
08-20-2012, 03:07 PM
2.0 Looks insane!!!!!!! I don't believe they doubled the size of that monster! Can't wait for the Greek show. But, now I wonder if PIT is gonna be too close for this even from the back of the PIT.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=009tRMrLv4s&feature=player_embedded

bemerritt
08-20-2012, 07:27 PM
Could not be more stoked to see him in SD. Curious where he takes the show for 2013. The way he talks about bigger stages, I'm thinking some festivals will definitely have him.

suprefan
08-20-2012, 08:46 PM
Could not be more stoked to see him in SD. Curious where he takes the show for 2013. The way he talks about bigger stages, I'm thinking some festivals will definitely have him.

What festival will now book this that hasnt had him already where the audience will dig it?

I really dont see how some of the venues can fit the new 2.0 rig. If its twice the size now, and JUST fit at some of the theaters last year, how will it at HOB San Diego for example?

malcolmjamalawesome
08-21-2012, 09:40 AM
Will there be two times the boring noises?

Mr. Dylanja
08-21-2012, 10:53 AM
The new Two Fingers track is awesome.

thefrush
08-21-2012, 11:51 AM
I'll be at the Berkeley show.

HowToDisappear
08-21-2012, 06:27 PM
Holy crap. Thanks for bumping this; I totally forgot I bought tix to the HOB show, hah.

shakermaker113
08-21-2012, 07:54 PM
2.0 Looks insane!!!!!!! I don't believe they doubled the size of that monster! Can't wait for the Greek show. But, now I wonder if PIT is gonna be too close for this even from the back of the PIT.

this is not a show to watch from the pit.

I thought this was the final ISAM tour? did I hear wrong?

bemerritt
08-21-2012, 08:57 PM
I thought this was the final ISAM tour? did I hear wrong?

I just assumed that all of this 2.0 work would travel outside of the US atleast.

Ajo209
08-21-2012, 09:30 PM
Seemed to me like the kind of set you had to be into the entire time to appreciate it, but there was way too much else going on around me at coachella I didn't want to stay put and watch a movie so much as explore and see some of everything. Think it would be more enjoyable as a concert than in a festival setting.

Mr. Dylanja
08-24-2012, 09:41 AM
Would somebody mind schooling me on Two Fingers? Do they have an EP out or anything? Does anybody have any material from them they can upload? The only thing I have is their "Surge" remix (which I love). Between that song, and the song on the trailer, I'm starving for more.

Also, did anybody catch them at Coachella? They conflicted with FlyLo right? I can't say that I regret missing them, because FlyLo dropping "4th Chamber" was one of my favorite moments of the fest, but damn, I wish I could've seen Two Fingers too.

bemerritt
08-24-2012, 09:51 AM
Check spotify for Two Fingers tunes. That's where I get my fix. Really looking forward to the October release.

stinkbutt
08-24-2012, 09:54 AM
Is this really worth $38 in a great theatre?

bemerritt
08-24-2012, 09:55 AM

I take it you skipped out on this year's performance?

stinkbutt
08-24-2012, 10:02 AM
I was tired and kinda bored by it, but I will admit I probabaly wasn't in the right mood at the time

Mr. Dylanja
08-24-2012, 10:04 AM

If you want to hear soundscapes and visuals with beats sprinkled in between you'll love it.

If you're expect anything remotely close to a dj, you'll hate it.

bemerritt
08-24-2012, 10:06 AM
In my opinion, I enjoyed the coachella very much. That being said, I had a very good spot dead center, not too close. A festival is easily not the best venue for such a show, and if I can enjoy it their, I feel like it will be spectacular in a more proper setting. Couple that with the improvements to the physical show as well as some new songs and that makes me a very excited patron.

kucky21
08-24-2012, 01:36 PM
It looks like I am going to see him in Portland next sunday. Anyone else going to be there?

Mr. Dylanja
08-24-2012, 01:45 PM
Did a bootleg of his Coachella set ever surface?

ods..
08-24-2012, 01:54 PM
Would somebody mind schooling me on Two Fingers? Do they have an EP out or anything? Does anybody have any material from them they can upload? The only thing I have is their "Surge" remix (which I love). Between that song, and the song on the trailer, I'm starving for more.

Also, did anybody catch them at Coachella? They conflicted with FlyLo right? I can't say that I regret missing them, because FlyLo dropping "4th Chamber" was one of my favorite moments of the fest, but damn, I wish I could've seen Two Fingers too.

AllMusic (http://www.allmusic.com/artist/two-fingers-mn0001578871):

Two Fingers is the creation of Brazilian-born electro-jazz/breaks/jungle trailblazer Amon Tobin and U.K. drum'n'bass artist Doubleclick (Joe Chapman), together with several guest MCs whose contributions are integral to the project. The two producers, who first met when Tobin was living in Brighton, U.K., got together in Montreal in 2007 over a series of tracks that were partially an extension of their previous collaborations -- exemplified by the dense, pummeling 2003 track "Ownage" -- but in general a fundamentally new and dynamic direction incorporating visceral elements of dancehall, dubstep, and grime. Following the singles "That Girl" and "What You Know," the group's self-titled debut was released in spring 2009, featuring vocals from dancehall star Ce'Cile, one-time Missy Elliott protégé Ms. Jade, and, on seven of the album's 12 tracks, the charismatic, long-up-and-coming British rapper Sway.

Their 2009 album is really dope.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ut28nSqrTyk

I walked through the do-lab over to Fly-Lo and caught 10 minutes of their set. Sounded like Two Fingers was building a massive synth robot, in a good way. I don't remember much because acid.

Mr. Dylanja
08-24-2012, 02:02 PM
Can you group that album, please?

Murphys Law
09-28-2012, 11:29 AM
My first time to the legendary Greek Theater in Berkley will be next Friday for Amon Tobin - ISAM. Following weekend Treasure Island Music Fest followed by a SBTRKT after party. You don't need to know this, I need to tell you. Fuck ya I love October.

On another note, (Not starting a thread for this) Coachella needs to book Maceo Plex (Maetrik) for a set. I think I'm in man love with his shit. Peace out fuck sticks.

Murphys Law
09-28-2012, 11:32 AM
Shakermaker, can you elaborate please. Never bee to the Greek, where in the theater would you recommend the best place to see this show to be.

amyzzz
09-28-2012, 11:35 AM
What are the tour dates for this?

menikmati
09-28-2012, 10:08 PM
Did a bootleg of his Coachella set ever surface?

uh yeah, i recorded him week 1