PDA

View Full Version : Coachella needs more real techno not all the main stream bullshit!

Joeylara123
03-24-2012, 04:19 PM
Hopefully the lineup for electronic artists is better next year. I wish you guys weren't such sell outs when it came to the techno. Putting artists like Swedish Gay Mafia, AfroWack, David Guetta, and Avicii may be good for ticket sales but I'm sure for the people who actually like and know whats up with techno (and I mean those who didn't just jump on the bandwagon a year or two ago) aren't very pleased. At least I know I'm not. In past years many of the DJ's who played would've been considered more "underground" and I think that's the way Coachella should be. Of course there are always those very popular headliners and I'm not saying anything bad about them because I often enjoy the headliners very much, but for the most part (at least for the electronic music) the artists were legit. They would play real house music or tech house, the way techno should be. Now we have all these mainstream people like SHM, David Guetta and the other DJ's I mentioned earlier, people that are basically bullshit top 40 artists. And I say top 40 because they are the type of artists that get played on the radio and shit. All those DJ's are sell outs and not REAL techno, which is why they should not be at Coachella. Bring back real DJ's like Dubfire, Richie Hawtin, Joris Voorn, Sven Vath, Carl Cox, or Sander Kleinenberg (just to name a few). What about people like Boys Noize, Proxy, Erol Alkan, D.I.M. or even Crookers? Anybody would be better than half of this years headlining DJ's. Just some food for thought, maybe you guys can do a better job next year? But regardless I'm stoked! This year is gonna be way dope good job on getting Gaslamp Killer and Flying Lotus!!! Oh and wassup with the Do Lab Lineup?? That stage is always crackin!

sonicc
03-24-2012, 04:20 PM
Swedish House Mafia > everyone you just named

ods..
03-24-2012, 04:21 PM
OR MAYBE... CROOKERS?

Genowarp
03-24-2012, 04:22 PM
Hopefully the lineup for electronic artists is better next year. I wish you guys weren't such sell outs when it came to the techno. Putting artists like Swedish Gay Mafia, AfroWack, David Guetta, and Avicii may be good for ticket sales but I'm sure for the people who actually like and know whats up with techno (and I mean those who didn't just jump on the bandwagon a year or two ago) aren't very pleased. At least I know I'm not. In past years many of the DJ's who played would've been considered more "underground" and I think that's the way Coachella should be. Of course there are always those very popular headliners and I'm not saying anything bad about them because I often enjoy the headliners very much, but for the most part (at least for the electronic music) the artists were legit. They would play real house music or tech house, the way techno should be. Now we have all these mainstream people like SHM, David Guetta and the other DJ's I mentioned earlier, people that are basically bullshit top 40 artists. And I say top 40 because they are the type of artists that get played on the radio and shit. All those DJ's are sell outs and not REAL techno, which is why they should not be at Coachella. Bring back real DJ's like Dubfire, Richie Hawtin, Joris Voorn, Sven Vath, Carl Cox, or Sander Kleinenberg (just to name a few). What about people like Boys Noize, Proxy, Erol Alkan, D.I.M. or even Crookers? Anybody would be better than half of this years headlining DJ's. Just some food for thought, maybe you guys can do a better job next year? But regardless this year is still gonna be dope good job on getting Gaslamp Killer and Flying Lotus!! Oh and wassup with the Do Lab Lineup?? That stage is always crackin!

shut the fuck up you stupid, stupid cunt rag. WE GET IT

algunz
03-24-2012, 04:24 PM
I'll bet she/he had an animated conversation at lunch today.

loopy
03-24-2012, 04:28 PM
And the best first post award goes to

Edkans
03-24-2012, 04:30 PM
haha jobby

algunz
03-24-2012, 04:30 PM
They are probably lying dead on their computer keys. It was all just too much.

weezy f baby
03-24-2012, 04:33 PM
Hopefully the lineup for electronic artists is better next year. I wish you guys weren't such sell outs when it came to the techno. Putting artists like Swedish Gay Mafia, AfroWack, David Guetta, and Avicii may be good for ticket sales but I'm sure for the people who actually like and know whats up with techno (and I mean those who didn't just jump on the bandwagon a year or two ago) aren't very pleased. At least I know I'm not. In past years many of the DJ's who played would've been considered more "underground" and I think that's the way Coachella should be. Of course there are always those very popular headliners and I'm not saying anything bad about them because I often enjoy the headliners very much, but for the most part (at least for the electronic music) the artists were legit. They would play real house music or tech house, the way techno should be. Now we have all these mainstream people like SHM, David Guetta and the other DJ's I mentioned earlier, people that are basically bullshit top 40 artists. And I say top 40 because they are the type of artists that get played on the radio and shit. All those DJ's are sell outs and not REAL techno, which is why they should not be at Coachella. Bring back real DJ's like Dubfire, Richie Hawtin, Joris Voorn, Sven Vath, Carl Cox, or Sander Kleinenberg (just to name a few). What about people like Boys Noize, Proxy, Erol Alkan, D.I.M. or even Crookers? Anybody would be better than half of this years headlining DJ's. Just some food for thought, maybe you guys can do a better job next year? But regardless I'm stoked! This year is gonna be way dope good job on getting Gaslamp Killer and Flying Lotus!!! Oh and wassup with the Do Lab Lineup?? That stage is always crackin!

flowbee
03-24-2012, 05:54 PM
Let's keep it underground yo

HandBanana
03-24-2012, 06:24 PM
Swedish House Mafia are bad, and that makes them homosexuals.

That's just a thing that makes sense.

captncrzy
03-24-2012, 06:29 PM

God, just FUCK OFF

bmack86
03-24-2012, 06:37 PM
Is there any techno on the lineup really? I mean, aren't Swedish House Mafia, like, you know, house?

Just sayin', techno is not all EDM.

RedHotSgtPeppers
03-24-2012, 07:01 PM

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/--ekR6jG4Iwk/Tw4zvKN4RCI/AAAAAAAAAn0/IX-VBCUOUvs/s1600/didnt-read-lol-chicken-gif.gif

aphextwinpeaks
03-24-2012, 07:10 PM
This year is gonna be way dope
Wait, what?

carolinesgood
03-24-2012, 07:25 PM
how bout some jean michel jarre - one of the originators... i just started playing some of his ancients again.

captncrzy
03-24-2012, 07:28 PM
This thread is now about

Boogers!

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_O4Ow5AkwM1Q/TSowU4NsWrI/AAAAAAAAAYo/lhpT1ovoie4/s400/boogers.jpg

captncrzy
03-24-2012, 07:28 PM
http://images.wikia.com/insanitypedia/images/7/7a/Booger_20baby_small.jpg

captncrzy
03-24-2012, 07:30 PM
http://i.imgur.com/VjTxJ.gif

captncrzy
03-24-2012, 07:31 PM
http://www.bloggingwv.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/snot3.jpg

RedHotSgtPeppers
03-24-2012, 09:12 PM
http://www.onlyweirdpics.com/pictures/Weirdpictures-boogers.jpg

http://cdn-u.kaskus.us/66/fyrqtl7i.jpg

http://misterass.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/boogers.jpg

Mike Litoris
03-25-2012, 02:42 AM
http://images.t-nation.com/forum_images/6/6/669103.1119496862020.nyheter30s11arnold8363682ab8k y.jpg

parable
03-26-2012, 12:37 PM
http://images.t-nation.com/forum_images/6/6/669103.1119496862020.nyheter30s11arnold8363682ab8k y.jpg

I agree

parable
03-26-2012, 12:39 PM
Doubtfull...it's all about personal taste really...but this years lineup is pretty weak in the EDM aspect. But than again it's 2012 and there aren't any "real raves" anymore anyways. I'm surprised Kraftwerk wasn't on the lineup this year with them being at Ultra and all.

insbordnat
03-26-2012, 02:30 PM
Heh, Kraftwerk isn't even Kraftwerk any more.