PDA

View Full Version : WORST DANCE/ELECTRONIC LINE-UP EVER

Pages : [1] 2 3

ceretralvortex
01-26-2012, 11:20 PM
Coachella used to present unique bands. This dance line-up feels like spring break in Miami. Guetta? SHM? Afrojack? Girl Talk? Calvin Harris?

Are you FUCKING KIDDING WITH THIS SHIT?

I guess they'll be offering bottle service soon - oh, wait, they actually do at the Sahara Tent VIP area. Oh my GOD! Coachella has become Las Vegas any weekend of the year.

Pretty sad.

rjadams90
01-26-2012, 11:31 PM
http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc256/JayDeth1/SadPanda.png

Sensuality
01-27-2012, 12:00 AM
DJ Pauly D for late add please. And Paris Hilton too while we're at it... Why not just throw a Korn dubstep set in there too?!

sonicc
01-27-2012, 12:35 AM
You obviously know NOTHING about dance music. Swedish House Mafia are one of the best, if not, the best DJs in the world. You probably listen to music NO ONE listens to because you think it's cool, LOL. Well too bad, Swedish House Mafia and Avicii are gonna be KILLING it both weekends while you cry in the corner.

Sensuality
01-27-2012, 12:40 AM
10/10 bravo!

juloxx
01-27-2012, 12:44 AM
Am thankful for Noisia and Subfocus... And if u onsider Flylo EDM than him too.

I hate Guetta as much as i can hate a musician, but at least it gaurentees a good crowd with whoever will b playing in the same time slots

tmac
01-27-2012, 12:45 AM
what's the over/under on the number of these threads before coachella? 20?

maniroses
01-27-2012, 12:59 AM
SHM & Avicii = Shite pop music.

Matthias Tanzmann, Josh Wink, Guy Gerber, Vakula, & Manik = Electronic DJ's who don't do wank compilations with shite artists.

malcolmjamalawesome
01-27-2012, 05:27 AM
I had no idea people were upset with the Dance / Electronic Line-Up

captncrzy
01-27-2012, 06:11 AM
Another thread. ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING WITH THIS SHIT?

Goatchella
01-27-2012, 08:10 AM
So what's the deal with all the mainstream electric dancer muzik?

Coachella spent like, all the money on coke and hookers or sumsing.

NachoCat
01-27-2012, 08:23 AM
Another thread. ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING WITH THIS SHIT?

I am completely fine with multiple threads about this. Its that bad.

The OP was exactly correct. Give the lurkers a break. Even when they are right you give them shit

malcolmjamalawesome
01-27-2012, 09:20 AM

The OP was exactly correct. Give the lurkers a break. Even when they are right you give them shit

This is the incorrect opinion.

captncrzy
01-27-2012, 09:23 AM
How many times can you fucking discuss it?

GuyInTucson
01-27-2012, 09:28 AM
You obviously know NOTHING about dance music. Swedish House Mafia are one of the best, if not, the best DJs in the world. You probably listen to music NO ONE listens to because you think it's cool, LOL. Well too bad, Swedish House Mafia and Avicii are gonna be KILLING it both weekends while you cry in the corner.

I don't know who is worse. The OP for rehashing another thread of this shit or you with your shitty taste in EDM.

malcolmjamalawesome
01-27-2012, 09:28 AM
Further, it is clear that the preferred thread for this discussion is viral web sensation, "MJA's Guide To The Sahara Tent"

GuyInTucson
01-27-2012, 09:32 AM
Which is linked here (http://www.coachella.com/forum/showthread.php?51065-MJA-s-Guide-To-The-Sahara-Tent-2012).

NachoCat
01-27-2012, 09:32 AM
bump

NachoCat
01-27-2012, 09:33 AM
bump bump

NachoCat
01-27-2012, 09:50 AM
I think they are saying they suck because , you know, they suck.

Goatchella
01-27-2012, 09:52 AM
Bumps

Taylor
01-27-2012, 09:55 AM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-_UGPgcFkf8U/TcKy9yMfAOI/AAAAAAAAAWw/1PLLrawaVlU/s1600/Beating_a_dead_horse.jpg

NachoCat
01-27-2012, 09:57 AM
http://images.travelpod.com/users/rpinto/japan-2006.1162102140.dscf3181.jpg

http://www.videogamedj.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/60567_148758691831313_100000915481504_233177_29635 15_n.jpg

Trick Loves The Kids
01-27-2012, 09:57 AM
I... I remember. I remember the golden age, when the Underground DJs played. Funky basslines, grooves, non-anthemic vocals... you think it's a joke, but that used to be the norm. Or at least part of it. But then... the Rising Popularity Of The Scene happened.

There wasn't any more room. I remember, I was working in a warehouse at the time... we were stocking mellow rhodes stabs, like we'd done for so many years. I heard a knock at the door... and then some goons barged in and just trashed the place. "You stock trance pads from now on," they said. They cleaned us out, and we had to start working for them.

It still haunts me, this new generation... this new scene...

I was chatting with my niece, and she said "This is a nice conversation and all... but where is the drop?"

Goatchella
01-27-2012, 09:58 AM
just because some of the acts are what you hipsters consider to be main stream doesn't mean they wont be a good show

stop fucking dreaming of an all underground EDM lineup, its NOT going to happen, not with the rising popularity of the scene and stop fucking saying that acts are going to automatically suck because people have actually heard of that artist
Whoahhhhhh there. I'd suggest you stop with the caps and cursing before my Internet crew finger blasts on you ese.
we want Djs with skill and stamina. Not the flavor of the week

sonicc
01-27-2012, 10:04 AM
I don't know who is worse. The OP for rehashing another thread of this shit or you with your shitty taste in EDM.

If they are so bad why are they playing at your beloved festival? LOL

NachoCat
01-27-2012, 10:08 AM
You underestimate our interweb muscles.

GuyInTucson
01-27-2012, 10:10 AM
just because some of the acts are what you hipsters consider to be main stream doesn't mean they wont be a good show

stop fucking dreaming of an all underground EDM lineup, its NOT going to happen, not with the rising popularity of the scene and stop fucking saying that acts are going to automatically suck because people have actually heard of that artist

No one's asking for an entirely underground EDM lineup you fucking dolt. Just mix in some more techno / House (not just shitty cheese-electro / progressive) / Drum N Bass / minimal / etc.

Afrojack, Guetta, SHM, Ingrosso, Avicii, Alesso, Kaskade, Girl Talk, Calvin Harris, and Martin Solveig is just an overdose of cheesy, recycled EDM. It's popular, yes, but there is just too much of those types of artists and very few quality, rare acts. We're going from a year that had The Chemical Brothers, Sasha, Leftfield, Shpongle, Trentemoller etc., and the only acts that seem to be in the upper echelon of long-time EDM fans this year are Amon Tobin and DJ Shadow.

It has nothing to do someone coming to a conclusion that they don't care for an artists based on popularity. By most accounts, Sasha is internationally known and has been performing at massives and festivals for a couple of decades now and he is respected around here. Same with The Chemical Brothers. Same with Daft Punk... I could go on.

GuyInTucson
01-27-2012, 10:13 AM
If they are so bad why are they playing at your beloved festival? LOL

Yeah because, you know, EVERY act that has ever played Coachella can be considered superb quality.

Goatchella
01-27-2012, 10:26 AM
Sasha <3

sonicc
01-27-2012, 10:26 AM
Yeah because, you know, EVERY act that has ever played Coachella can be considered superb quality.

Everyone has a different opinion but facts are facts. This is the fastest selling Coachella in history and the majority of the reason is because the line up in the Sahara is top-notch. Therefore, this makes your opinion of EDM invalid. Now grab a box of kleenex, clean yourself up, and start getting with the program.

http://www.housemusicessentials.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/Swedish-house-mafia.jpg

Gribbz
01-27-2012, 10:32 AM
Everyone has a different opinion but facts are facts. This is the fastest selling Coachella in history and the majority of the reason is because the line up in the Sahara is top-notch. Therefore, this makes your opinion of EDM invalid. Now grab a box of kleenex, clean yourself up, and start getting with the program.
http://i43.tinypic.com/1zv4sk4.gif

Goatchella
01-27-2012, 10:34 AM
I give up in edm all together. Fuck it.

Have fun you little thiz monkey.

Trick Loves The Kids
01-27-2012, 10:35 AM

http://www.housemusicessentials.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/Swedish-house-mafia.jpg

You know weekend 1 was almost entirely sold out ~6 months before the lineup came out, right

nine day brawl
01-27-2012, 10:36 AM
Everyone has a different opinion but facts are facts. This is the fastest selling Coachella in history and the majority of the reason is because the line up in the Sahara is top-notch.

FALSE. How quick you are to disregard the fact that thousands of tickets were sold in June of '11 before these EDM abortions were even added to the lineup.

Edit: What Tricks said.

Sigma
01-27-2012, 10:36 AM
+1 and I don't care how many threads there are about it.

GuyInTucson
01-27-2012, 10:40 AM

Yeah I mean, it's not like Coachella is selling out because it's deveolped into, you know, the most popular and anticipated music festival in the western United States.

Also, provide me what direct facts show that the lineup sold out so fast because of the EDM lineup. I mean, it's not like they sold so many passes during presale (before any type of rumors, let alone an actual lineup, were released) that the first weekend sold out in 30 minutes when the they went back on sale or anything, right?

SepaGroove
01-27-2012, 10:42 AM
No one's asking for an entirely underground EDM lineup you fucking dolt. Just mix in some more techno / House (not just shitty cheese-electro / progressive) / Drum N Bass / minimal / etc.

Afrojack, Guetta, SHM, Ingrosso, Avicii, Alesso, Kaskade, Girl Talk, Calvin Harris, and Martin Solveig is just an overdose of cheesy, recycled EDM. It's popular, yes, but there is just too much of those types of artists and very few quality, rare acts. We're going from a year that had The Chemical Brothers, Sasha, Leftfield, Shpongle, Trentemoller etc., and the only acts that seem to be in the upper echelon of long-time EDM fans this year are Amon Tobin and DJ Shadow.

It has nothing to do someone coming to a conclusion that they don't care for an artists based on popularity. By most accounts, Sasha is internationally known and has been performing at massives and festivals for a couple of decades now and he is respected around here. Same with The Chemical Brothers. Same with Daft Punk... I could go on.

Amen! I totally agree. The lineup isn't complete shit, but it would be nice to have a lineup more similar to last year. "Afrojack, Guetta, SHM, Ingrosso, Avicii, Alesso, Kaskade, Girl Talk, Calvin Harris, and Martin Solveig is just an overdose of cheesy, recycled EDM." I personally like AJ, SHM, Kaskade, and Calvin but I totally agree, there's just way too much of the same thing this year.

P.S. Amon Tobin is not EDM

Foucault
01-27-2012, 10:51 AM
Amen! I totally agree. The lineup isn't complete shit, but it would be nice to have a lineup more similar to last year. "Afrojack, Guetta, SHM, Ingrosso, Avicii, Alesso, Kaskade, Girl Talk, Calvin Harris, and Martin Solveig is just an overdose of cheesy, recycled EDM." I personally like AJ, SHM, Kaskade, and Calvin but I totally agree, there's just way too much of the same thing this year.

Gotta to sign on to all of the above here... the lineup is woefully light on live EDM but too heavy on dudes spinning records...

lowfront
01-27-2012, 10:54 AM
My precious sahara tent is dead rip buddy

fuck I hope next year they get there shit together. First time in 6 years im not going to coach.

Ross1492
01-27-2012, 10:55 AM

These acts are awful. Their sets will most definitely suck. You clearly enjoy this stuff. Fine. Own your poor taste rather than trotting out the "mainstream doesn't mean bad" strawman.

No shame in finding pleasure in bad dance music. And no need to get huffy and defensive when a spade is rightly called a spade.

And yes, too many threads on this subject.

sonicc
01-27-2012, 10:56 AM
Yeah I mean, it's not like Coachella is selling out because it's deveolped into, you know, the most popular and anticipated music festival in the western United States.

Also, provide me what direct facts show that the lineup sold out so fast because of the EDM lineup. I mean, it's not like they sold so many passes during presale (before any type of rumors, let alone an actual lineup, were released) that the first weekend sold out in 30 minutes when the they went back on sale or anything, right?

Last year was the year EDM blew up in the United States, you could easily tell by the amount of people in the Sahara, not to mention sold out Ultra Festival, EDC, and the fact that the biggest clubs in the U.S. are now ran by these "overrated" DJs. The line up contained a lot of similar acts to the ones we have this year. Anyone with half a brain can figure out that if the current year had a lot of these acts, the following one will be the same. And what do you know? It did! If you can't figure this out then I don't know what to say.

Goatchella
01-27-2012, 10:58 AM
HHahHhhah

Ross1492
01-27-2012, 10:58 AM
Last year was the year EDM blew up in the United States, you could easily tell by the amount of people in the Sahara, not to mention sold out Ultra Festival, EDC, and the fact that the biggest clubs in the U.S. are now ran by these "overrated" DJs. The line up contained a lot of similar acts to the ones we have this year. Anyone with half a brain can figure out that if the current year had a lot of these acts, the following one will be the same. And what do you know? It did! If you can't figure this out then I don't know what to say.

You're missing the point. Everyone expected these acts. Few people likely expected these acts and little to nothing else.

Goatchella
01-27-2012, 10:59 AM
Edm blew up in 1995 when you were in diapers or prob not even born.

malcolmjamalawesome
01-27-2012, 11:01 AM

ITT: Not understanding what "facts" are.

stinkbutt
01-27-2012, 11:03 AM
There is a significant resurgence, you idiot EDM elitists seem to be ignoring. My mom knows a Skrillex song and the dude is nominated for 5 Grammys, shit has gotten ridiculous.

Goatchella
01-27-2012, 11:06 AM
It didnt just happen last year. For this dumbfuck maybe but that shitty music has been played out for a long time. I think rave shit was whack back in the 90s . It's geared towards nerds that like getting cracked and don't fit in anywhere else.

People love Skrilly cause they can relate. Nerd. Just like white trash can relate to shaggy and J.

To be clear, the drugs, fashion and crowd suck. Some of the music is not so bad.

stinkbutt
01-27-2012, 11:08 AM
It doesn't change the fact that this is probably the most mainstream attention EDM has gotten since the 90s

Also which goober is in the middle of that SHM pic?

unknown
01-27-2012, 11:09 AM

What broad genre of music does he fall under?

bobert
01-27-2012, 11:10 AM

I can't tell if Steve Angello is touching his own man boob, or if that other dufus is giving him the reach around. And what's that asshole on the right looking at? Super uppriktig.

That's Swedish for "candid." I hope they spent a lot on that photo shoot.

sonicc
01-27-2012, 11:10 AM
Edm blew up in 1995 when you were in diapers or prob not even born.

You're comparing 1995 EDM in the United States to sold out shows of 90,000 people?

Goatchella
01-27-2012, 11:11 AM
I thought that picture was posted because sonic was calling guy in tucsun gay.

GuyInTucson
01-27-2012, 11:13 AM

A lot of us here have been listening to EDM for 10-20 years. Some even longer. To say it just blew up last year in the US is inaccurate.

How long have you been listening to EDM? That's a serious question. The reason I ask is if your gauge of quality artists is what DJ/Producer is playing/running the "biggest clubs in the U.S" then you're way off base. DJ's like Keoki and Richard Humpty Vission were those exact same acts 10 fucking years ago and you hardly see their names on the posters of big massives unless it's in their region.

So it just blew up? I guess you missed the era where The Chemical Brothers, Daft Punk, Prodigy, Crystal Method and several other groups / artists were getting just as much play on the radio back in those days as Afrojack and David Guetta are today. The main difference is that those classic acts didn't have to ride the coat-tails of rappers and shitty auto-tuned R&B artists to become known by the masses.

Goatchella
01-27-2012, 11:14 AM
You're comparing 1995 EDM in the United States to sold out shows of 90,000 people?

Im stating facts of when the genre blew up.

There are more of everything since the 90s kiddo.
Things were a lot different before the Internet and cell phones.

Gribbz
01-27-2012, 11:14 AM

Just electronic music. Take out the "dance."

Goatchella
01-27-2012, 11:16 AM
Or experimental. Psychedelic noise.

GuyInTucson
01-27-2012, 11:17 AM

My first introduction to Amon Tobin's music back in the early 2000's involved mostly breakbeats, IDM and some big beat. I have always considered him EDM.

sonicc
01-27-2012, 11:18 AM
Point is, Swedish House Mafia is one of the best dance acts we've had in years. From rivaling Ultra Festival with their own show to selling out Madison Square Garden in 10 minutes, they've taken over. Now they're most likely playing at the main stage of your precious festival. You guys are mad because your favorite EDM acts are always on the side stages or because they aren't playing at all. Why? Because their music is not up to par with these 3 geniuses. I rest my case, have fun complaining about the line up.

http://www.housemusicessentials.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/edc10a-119.jpg

Gribbz
01-27-2012, 11:19 AM
Nice reading comprehension.

GuyInTucson
01-27-2012, 11:21 AM
Wow, I didn't know SHM was the first ever EDM act to play the Coachella stage... who knew?

Neighborhood Creep
01-27-2012, 11:21 AM

I think social networking helps push these festivals to sell out. I have gained a lot of knowledge of fests that I ended up going to through internet and such vs back in the day when you would just hear about something on your local radio station. If this was all around in '95 I think fests would be just as popular as they have been the last few years.

Goatchella
01-27-2012, 11:24 AM
If you just got into this shit last year...your not gonna know much.
This guy sounds like he is on the street team aka sucking their cocks.

Thank god these donkeys will all be rounded up at that stage. The rest of the festi will be barn yard free.
Just like web I got to run wild for Fogerty at OSL while all the tards were at deadmau5

malcolmjamalawesome
01-27-2012, 11:25 AM
they suck to who? hipsters on this forum? because most of them make $30k+ a night djing at random clubs, so apparently a lot of people don't think they suck, if a lot of people don't think that they suck, why would goldenvoice not book them? fuck off

They should also have booked Two And A Half Men and Tyler Perry.

sonicc
01-27-2012, 11:25 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3WOELLnpIZE&feature=related

Goatchella
01-27-2012, 11:26 AM
Why is SMh always hugging men three some action?

Neighborhood Creep
01-27-2012, 11:26 AM
Just like web I got to run wild for Fogerty at OSL while all the tards were at deadmau5

Was it dead? I was up in 2ed row so I didn't get to see the crowd. Fogerty > everyone

malcolmjamalawesome
01-27-2012, 11:27 AM
There is a significant resurgence, you idiot EDM elitists seem to be ignoring. My mom knows a Skrillex song and the dude is nominated for 5 Grammys, shit has gotten ridiculous.

Lineups: they should have people stinkbutt's mom knows

sonicc
01-27-2012, 11:29 AM
If you just got into this shit last year...your not gonna know much.
This guy sounds like he is on the street team aka sucking their cocks.

Thank god these donkeys will all be rounded up at that stage. The rest of the festi will be barn yard free.

http://www.visualphotos.com/photo/1x5073320/Telling_a_secret_7T5727.jpg
Pst, I've been listening to house music since Jesse Saunders.

Goatchella
01-27-2012, 11:30 AM
I was posted up on the tapestry mid field and I had free range to run wild.

I don't judge a good show by how sweaty I got I how many times I get stepped on. Fucking rolling doobies and drinking beers and dancing like I was 60.

I'm old and I love it. Choke on your blow pops you bunch of rolled out , jersey wearing, feaux hawk jocks.
Dance music is dead, crank up the marshal stacks

Neighborhood Creep
01-27-2012, 11:30 AM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/f/f5/Swedish_House_Mafia.jpg/320px-Swedish_House_Mafia.jpg

http://userserve-ak.last.fm/serve/_/20073611/Swedish+House+Mafia+shm3.png

http://www.kwimm.com/img/musique/3021-original.jpg

sonicc
01-27-2012, 11:31 AM
Why is SMh always hugging men three some action?

Because Europeans are comfortable with their sexuality unlike Americans thinking that 2 men hugging is considered "gay"

CitizenJ
01-27-2012, 11:32 AM
If this is what you are looking for from Coachella, you should scalp your tickets and go here. This is for you, Coachella isn't.

http://www.johntasch.com/storage/post-images/edc2012.jpg

stinkbutt
01-27-2012, 11:33 AM
MJA I wasn't arguing that it is good. I just see countless people on these forums arguing EDM isn't as big as it was in the 90s, and those people are fucking delusional. Is the music as good? No. Is it as popular? Yes and maybe you cave trolls would see that if you ever went outside.

Goatchella
01-27-2012, 11:34 AM
House music has sucked as long as it has been around.
That's not my opinion. House musi is for Latina chicks to drink hypnotic and dance in small clubs.

Goatchella
01-27-2012, 11:36 AM
MJA I wasn't arguing that it is good. I just see countless people on these forums arguing EDM isn't as big as it was in the 90s, and those people are fucking delusional. Is the music as good? No. Is it as popular? Yes and maybe you cave trolls would see that if you ever went outside.

I wish it was neve created. I could have survived on rock, punk rock and hip hop. I don't argue that it's more popular than ever. It's socially ok now . But it didn't blow up in America last year hahahh

Trick Loves The Kids
01-27-2012, 11:44 AM
House music has sucked as long as it has been around.
That's not my opinion. House musi is for Latina chicks to drink hypnotic and dance in small clubs.

You're a DNB fan, right?

GuyInTucson
01-27-2012, 11:48 AM
I think social networking helps push these festivals to sell out. I have gained a lot of knowledge of fests that I ended up going to through internet and such vs back in the day when you would just hear about something on your local radio station. If this was all around in '95 I think fests would be just as popular as they have been the last few years.

It also helps that people don't have to spend money on CD's or MP3's anymore when there are countless sites you can download from (relatively safe too) and instead can redirect their music budget on shows, raves and festivals.

sonicc
01-27-2012, 11:52 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NMmqzF1jT0A

Goatchella
01-27-2012, 11:52 AM
You're a DNB fan, right?

Used to be. There is no such thing now. Fucking derp step killed it. The larchmont is closed so no more respect. Funktion is whack now. Massives suck.

I'm down for psytrance, experimental and tribal shit in the desert or outdoor parties...otherwise I'm not into the people or music these days.

I know it all stemmed from house. I don't care. It sucks. Enjoy it. I don't.

unknown
01-27-2012, 11:57 AM

http://i709.photobucket.com/albums/ww99/ava_bee_2009/eyeroll.gif

guedita
01-27-2012, 11:57 AM

LEAVE YOUR UNDERGROUND EDM BUNKERS!

Gribbz
01-27-2012, 11:59 AM
http://i709.photobucket.com/albums/ww99/ava_bee_2009/eyeroll.gif

http://i.imgur.com/5izeX.gif

Trick Loves The Kids
01-27-2012, 12:01 PM
A good way to get me to completely dismiss your opinion on dance music would be to say something along the lines of, say, "I'm a psytrance fan and house music is shit."

Distorted_Jungle
01-27-2012, 12:02 PM
If this is what you are looking for from Coachella, you should scalp your tickets and go here. This is for you, Coachella isn't.

http://www.johntasch.com/storage/post-images/edc2012.jpg

Worst fake poster I've seen, and they have 6 stages of electronic music with all different genre's of music including what I'm positive will be a fuckin rockin techno lineup. For example, beyond wonderland so far has Adam Beyer and Layo & Bushwacka which Coachella has nothing close to. Everyone can dog Insomniac all they want for 4 out of 6 stages, but since they started with an all techno stage they've brought out great acts.

stinkbutt
01-27-2012, 12:09 PM
LEAVE YOUR UNDERGROUND EDM BUNKERS!

Now why would I ever encourage this?

Goatchella
01-27-2012, 12:10 PM
I don't care how valid my opinion is. I'm in search of a beat in a good atmosphere with good community. If I loved house music I'd be fucked because that too has become bastardized by its crowd and that crowds lack of taste and lack of respect or knowledge of talet.
The world is a big place and there are many kinds of music, but good people and a good vibe are rare and primitive still. These good people and beautiful venues happen to be playing psytrance and tribal. I don't have extensive knowledge of the artists, I'm not geeked out over fashion, there aren't websites or fliars. Just family inviting family to gather and celebrate life and love. The trends and fashion and designer drugs, the way EDm has gone in most of America is/ are just not my cup of tea.

nationocean
01-27-2012, 12:12 PM
Hey guys! Lets talk about this some more huh?!?!?!?!?

Goatchella
01-27-2012, 12:14 PM
EDM line up sucks...have you heard?

NachoCat
01-27-2012, 12:14 PM
bump

sonicc
01-27-2012, 12:15 PM
http://newsflash.bigshotmag.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/Swedish-House-Mafia-Big-Shot-Magazine-2010.jpg

Trick Loves The Kids
01-27-2012, 12:18 PM
These good people and beautiful venues happen to be playing psytrance and tribal.

These good people and beautiful venues happen to be playing psytrance and tribal.

Close thread, sticky forever.

GuyInTucson
01-27-2012, 12:33 PM
http://newsflash.bigshotmag.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/Swedish-House-Mafia-Big-Shot-Magazine-2010.jpg

http://www.dvdizzy.com/images/d-f/fh7-03.jpg

SoulDischarge
01-27-2012, 12:53 PM
I... I remember. I remember the golden age, when the Underground DJs played. Funky basslines, grooves, non-anthemic vocals... you think it's a joke, but that used to be the norm. Or at least part of it. But then... the Rising Popularity Of The Scene happened.

There wasn't any more room. I remember, I was working in a warehouse at the time... we were stocking mellow rhodes stabs, like we'd done for so many years. I heard a knock at the door... and then some goons barged in and just trashed the place. "You stock trance pads from now on," they said. They cleaned us out, and we had to start working for them.

It still haunts me, this new generation... this new scene...

I was chatting with my niece, and she said "This is a nice conversation and all... but where is the drop?"

I'm actually ok with the forum continuing to get flooded with threads complaining about the EDM lineup so long as a Trick post of this quality is in each of them.

Goatchella
01-27-2012, 12:54 PM
Why does it take three men to play house music from a laptop?

NachoCat
01-27-2012, 12:58 PM
Well there is one , axwell I believe. That advises us to make noise. Anyone got an idea on the other 2?

Aurgasm
01-27-2012, 12:59 PM
This is the worst electronic lineup ever at Coachella.

Just thought I'd come in here and make things official.

Look for the good electronic in Lot 5.

Be well.

SoulDischarge
01-27-2012, 12:59 PM
It takes one to take the load, one to give it, and one to eat it.

Goatchella
01-27-2012, 01:02 PM
I'm proud to say I don't know which of those clowns is which and I have never seen a set or heard one single song from them. Coachella will not be the place for me to start.

Hate house.

guedita
01-27-2012, 01:02 PM
I really don't understand the insults some people throw out at those of us nonplussed about the EDM lineup. Like, we're hipsters? Okay.

Goatchella
01-27-2012, 01:04 PM
Fucking cat owners always complain about the EDM lineups.
Like your litter box doesn't stink

Trick Loves The Kids
01-27-2012, 01:07 PM
Tell us more about the beautiful venues rocking PSYTRANCE and EXPERIMENTAL, I'm curious

SoulDischarge
01-27-2012, 01:09 PM
I really don't understand the insults some people throw out at those of us nonplussed about the EDM lineup. Like, we're hipsters? Okay.

YOU ONLY LIKE HANGING OUT IN DANK DARK DIRTY BUNKERS

Goatchella
01-27-2012, 01:10 PM
Tell us more about the beautiful venues rocking PSYTRANCE and EXPERIMENTAL, I'm curious

It's just the desert or the mountains buddy. There's more of us and less of them.
I'd rather party in your living room than EDC

stinkbutt
01-27-2012, 01:12 PM

Maybe because all the EDM threads read like a bunch of people one upping one another, metal is the same way. Takes one to know one sorta thing

Goatchella
01-27-2012, 01:14 PM
I'm mOre derp than you.

SoulDischarge
01-27-2012, 01:15 PM
Haven't you ever been to a natural pystrance spring? Sure, they smell like hippie self indulgence, but the natural splendor is miles above the commercial pystrance tubs you get at the gym or whatever.

bobchella

They should call us geniuses

SoulDischarge
Maybe because all the EDM threads read like a bunch of people one upping one another, metal is the same way. Takes one to know one sorta thing

Yeah. There's actually a huge list of similarities in the way EDM fans operate and the way metal fans operate, despite the massive gulf between the two sonically.

Goatchella
01-27-2012, 01:18 PM
Drum n bass is better in the forest/ dirt too.

Trick Loves The Kids
01-27-2012, 01:20 PM
Yeah the criticism of the 2012 dance music lineup has nothing to do with EDM better-taste-than-thou chinstroking, I'm not sure why this is difficult to understand. This lineup is an objectively dramatic shift (although not one that was completely unexpected) from the dance music lineups at Coachella since, like, 1999.

NachoCat
01-27-2012, 01:21 PM
I like cats.

bganch
01-27-2012, 01:21 PM

I concur. It's so bad this year that the whole first page of threads could be about the shitty Sahara lineup this year and that still would not do it justice... Hopefully some people from GV are reading through the forum occasionally and realize the backlash they are receiving from the die-hard long time attendees.

GV, selling out to sell out.

Goatchella
01-27-2012, 01:22 PM
Yeah. There's actually a huge list of similarities in the way EDM fans operate and the way metal fans operate, despite the massive gulf between the two sonically.

The music has become a lifestyle and fashion and influence of thought all together for a lot of people. I have never hopped into any of these scenes and been hardcore into one genre. Music and my life are seperate. Seems like a lot of people are really passionate about their scene and lifestyle, thinking, crowd all follows the music. Metal heads, star wars fans, jocks, EDM nerds are all about it. This shit is serious business. Lol.

stinkbutt
01-27-2012, 01:25 PM
For the record I have not once said the Sahara lineup this year was even decent or didn't deserve the criticism thrown it's way, same goes for popular EDM artists of the past couple years.

theresalwaysone
01-27-2012, 01:26 PM
Point is, Swedish House Mafia is one of the best dance acts we've had in years. From rivaling Ultra Festival with their own show to selling out Madison Square Garden in 10 minutes, they've taken over. Now they're most likely playing at the main stage of your precious festival. You guys are mad because your favorite EDM acts are always on the side stages or because they aren't playing at all. Why? Because their music is not up to par with these 3 geniuses. I rest my case, have fun complaining about the line up.

http://www.housemusicessentials.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/edc10a-119.jpg.

Somebody please post that video of axwell or whoever it was "mixing".

stinkbutt
01-27-2012, 01:27 PM
..wooks are all about getting all wooked out and dancing in dirt

Electrotek
01-27-2012, 01:29 PM
It's hard to believe that Sebastian Ingrosso and the rest of the Swedish house guys could from producing awesome tracks like these:
Lewi1sLm5bE
sfDt8fnZucQ
INAdR2aIiY4
kivQQoFMPQw
To this garbage:
BXpdmKELE1k

WTF??

bganch
01-27-2012, 01:30 PM

LOL.

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/8/82170/1549246-129092786498235257_super.jpg

SoulDischarge
01-27-2012, 01:32 PM
The music has become a lifestyle and fashion and influence of thought all together for a lot of people. I have never hopped into any of these scenes and been hardcore into one genre. Music and my life are seperate. Seems like a lot of people are really passionate about their scene and lifestyle, thinking, crowd all follows the music. Metal heads, star wars fans, jocks, EDM nerds are all about it. This shit is serious business. Lol.

You have one of the most unjustified superiority complexes of anyone I've ever seen.

Goatchella
01-27-2012, 01:32 PM
Yeah the criticism of the 2012 dance music lineup has nothing to do with EDM better-taste-than-thou chinstroking, I'm not sure why this is difficult to understand. This lineup is an objectively dramatic shift (although not one that was completely unexpected) from the dance lineups at Coachella since, like, 1999.

This is what people going to a commercialized festival want to hear. For every ten of you hating the line up, there are a hundred that are soooooooo stoked. I'm not tryin to say I have better taste in music. I have better taste in humans. The returds that demand this lineup you guys are hating are the reason why I have abandoned the music as a whole.

If I could kick it with these SMH clowns in person, I bet they could play me some killer music in all kinds of genres. They might een be able to play drums and stringed instruments. The crowd they cater to and sold out for demands shitty music and they want it fast. So quality and skill are over looked to cater to a trend and pump out shitty music and play every festival to milk the trend for every cent until the horse is dead. The promoters are in it for the same reasons. They wanna milk these little retards and throw as many parties with the same lineups as they an before the fad dies out.

At a gathering with family, the people bring the sound and production and it's not about making any more money than it cost to pay for the generators to run. This isn't about taste in music at all. This is money hungry corporate sell out shit being consumed by blind and def trend monkeys.

Electrotek
01-27-2012, 01:36 PM

Uh The Prodigy's Fat of the Land landed at #1 on the Billboard Album charts in November 1997, a feat that no other EDM artist (David Guetta and Skrillex included) has yet to accomplish.

And Fatboy Slim accomplished being into the mainstream and still having two of his biggest singles being played on alternative radio stations nationwide to this day.

You don't know shit retard.

Goatchella
01-27-2012, 01:38 PM
You have one of the most unjustified superiority complexes of anyone I've ever seen.

I have more humility than anyone you know. I am one of the worst humans I know.

HotHamWater
This has the potential to be the Longest Troll Thread of 2012. Kudos to sonicc.

sonicc
http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/185729_463643653238_514208238_5319201_5997599_n.jp g

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=83u6cucY3j8&feature=relmfu

Goatchella
01-27-2012, 01:39 PM
Sonic the cockhog

theresalwaysone
01-27-2012, 01:43 PM
Somebody post that video of axwell "mixing". If ever there was a time for it.

theresalwaysone
01-27-2012, 01:44 PM
This is what people going to a commercialized festival want to hear. For every ten of you hating the line up, there are a hundred that are soooooooo stoked. I'm not tryin to say I have better taste in music. I have better taste in humans. The returds that demand this lineup you guys are hating are the reason why I have abandoned the music as a whole.

If I could kick it with these SMH clowns in person, I bet they could play me some killer music in all kinds of genres. They might een be able to play drums and stringed instruments. The crowd they cater to and sold out for demands shitty music and they want it fast. So quality and skill are over looked to cater to a trend and pump out shitty music and play every festival to milk the trend for every cent until the horse is dead. The promoters are in it for the same reasons. They wanna milk these little retards and throw as many parties with the same lineups as they an before the fad dies out.

At a gathering with family, the people bring the sound and production and it's not about making any more money than it cost to pay for the generators to run. This isn't about taste in music at all. This is money hungry corporate sell out shit being consumed by blind and def trend monkeys.

Sad but true.

sonicc
01-27-2012, 01:46 PM

Steve Angello can't hear you whine, his Ferrari is too loud...
http://i.imgur.com/pZLne.png

GuyInTucson
01-27-2012, 01:46 PM
Ok Ok Ok.... That right there^^^^ is funny.

bganch
01-27-2012, 01:48 PM
I don't care how valid my opinion is. I'm in search of a beat in a good atmosphere with good community. If I loved house music I'd be fucked because that too has become bastardized by its crowd and that crowds lack of taste and lack of respect or knowledge of talet.
The world is a big place and there are many kinds of music, but good people and a good vibe are rare and primitive still. These good people and beautiful venues happen to be playing psytrance and tribal. I don't have extensive knowledge of the artists, I'm not geeked out over fashion, there aren't websites or fliars. Just family inviting family to gather and celebrate life and love. The trends and fashion and designer drugs, the way EDm has gone in most of America is/ are just not my cup of tea.

Lol... psytrance is a pretty wacky crowd as well. Straight weirdos dressed in fairy costumes bopping around on 5+ hits of acid. Techno/House/Minimal is where it's at.

xanman86
01-27-2012, 01:50 PM
@sonicc LOL

Goatchella
01-27-2012, 01:53 PM
Because we all dream of driving a Ferrari.

That's what happens when you create music for the masses.
I'm glad he is successful and fulfilling his dreams. Can't hate on that.

bganch
01-27-2012, 01:56 PM

careful... you have almost 1,500 posts on a music festival message board.

Distorted_Jungle
01-27-2012, 01:56 PM

EDC didn't sell out last year.

sonicc
01-27-2012, 01:57 PM
I love how people complain about Swedish House Mafia and their music, yet if Daft Punk shows up on the bill they lose their shit. Daft Punk does nothing but stand there inside a pyramid, wave to the crowd, and press play. Swedish House Mafia has everything from excellent production, phenomenal mixing, and knows how to interact with the crowd.

Distorted_Jungle
01-27-2012, 01:57 PM
careful... you have almost 1,500 posts on a music festival message board.

In under 6 months.

tmac
01-27-2012, 01:58 PM
Swedish House Mafia has everything from excellent production, phenomenal mixing, and knows how to interact with the crowd.
a+ trolling

GuyInTucson
01-27-2012, 02:00 PM
I love how people complain about Swedish House Mafia and their music, yet if Daft Punk shows up on the bill they lose their shit. Daft Punk does nothing but stand there inside a pyramid, wave to the crowd, and press play. Swedish House Mafia has everything from excellent production, phenomenal mixing, and knows how to interact with the crowd.

Trollolololol

http://digitaldj.files.wordpress.com/2008/07/daft_pyramid.jpg

bganch
01-27-2012, 02:03 PM
Trollolololol

http://digitaldj.files.wordpress.com/2008/07/daft_pyramid.jpg

Nice, I was just going to post this ^

sonicc
01-27-2012, 02:04 PM
a+ trolling

Speaks for itself...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ki1IF3qCNyY&feature=related

tmac
01-27-2012, 02:06 PM
I love you! Axwell loves you! Sebastian loves you! Swedish House Mafia loves you! Coachella make some NOOOOOOOOIIIIIIIIIISSSSSSSSEEEEEEEEE!

sonicc
01-27-2012, 02:11 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJPdVVOmbz4 < Swedish House Mafia - at least Swedish House Mafia are original...

pezasied
01-27-2012, 02:15 PM
Speaks for itself...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D9YcwQ_rl2g&feature=related

grannock
01-27-2012, 02:34 PM
This has the potential to be the Longest Troll Thread of 2012. Kudos to sonicc.

My "would blink182 headline coachella?" thread got to a few pages in under a day back in the fall when this board is dead.

Just sayin....

Goatchella
01-27-2012, 02:43 PM
careful... you have almost 1,500 QUALITY posts on a music festival message board.
fixed

In under 6 months.
In human time yes

facts are facts

sonicc
01-27-2012, 02:49 PM
QUALITY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ulw32hGbppo

Goatchella
01-27-2012, 02:53 PM
Lol. Stay perfect baby....just for me

Electrotek
01-27-2012, 03:13 PM
Is Sonic the Fagcock seriously trying to convince us that SHM > Daft Punk?

I mean, really?

Goatchella
01-27-2012, 03:15 PM
SMH mafia

sonicc
01-27-2012, 03:19 PM
Is Sonic the Fagcock seriously trying to convince us that SHM > Daft Punk?

I mean, really?

Fagcock, good one. And SHM's consistency to provide quality music + excellent shows > Daft Punk. Daft Punk hasn't made anything since '06 except for a lame soundtrack for Tron. SHM plays hundreds of shows, headlines every festival they play at, and sell out arenas like it's nothing. They even managed to sell out their own show that rivaled Ultra, that really says something. The only dance act that is better than SHM at the moment is Tiesto.

Goatchella
01-27-2012, 03:21 PM
Hahahhhha this kid is killing me.
More opinionated than myself

sonicc
01-27-2012, 03:25 PM
Hahahhhha this kid is killing me.
More opinionated than myself

It's not an opinion, it's a fact. What was the last accomplishment of Daft Punk that was relevant to the dance scene? They haven't had a show in years!

sonicc
01-27-2012, 03:32 PM
SHM: Countless #1 Beatport hits, success in U.S. radio, sold out shows EVERYWHERE. Not to mention their solo careers are phenomenal as well. These guys are innovators, changing the game and look where they are now. Some people are just too ignorant to see it and just like to hate.

brycerosen
01-27-2012, 03:36 PM
It's not an opinion, it's a fact. What was the last accomplishment of Daft Punk that was relevant to the dance scene? They haven't had a show in years!

the daft punk alive 07 changed the par for what a spectacle and electronic show can be and is still unmatched today(see deadmau5)

I came in here to talk about the good music at this year coachella, but this kid is too much, just because someone sells a lot of tickets and plays a lot (SHM) does not make them better than the rest, by your logic Justin Bieber is amazing too cause he plays shows a lot and sells out arenas

NachoCat
01-27-2012, 03:40 PM
ok now I know hes trolling.

GuyInTucson
01-27-2012, 03:40 PM
ok now I know hes trolling.

Yep.

And he's trying way too hard now.

sonicc
01-27-2012, 03:42 PM
the daft punk alive 07 changed the par for what a spectacle and electronic show can be and is still unmatched today(see deadmau5)

I came in here to talk about the good music at this year coachella, but this kid is too much, just because someone sells a lot of tickets and plays a lot (SHM) does not make them better than the rest, by your logic Justin Bieber is amazing too cause he plays shows a lot and sells out arenas

Why must everyone always bring up Justin Bieber? Do you have a crush on that kid or something that you have to bring him up on a conversation that has nothing to do with him?

Daft Punk had a cool pyramid, awesome, but they didn't build it themselves. They had other people doing it for them, they should be the ones receiving the credit. Swedish House Mafia on the other hand has created such bangers that are always #1 on the Beatport charts aka other DJs play them out as well. Their consistency is what makes them better than Daft Punk, if it was 07 okay maybe I'd agree with you, but it's 2012 and SHM are the ones headlining.

sonicc
01-27-2012, 03:44 PM
Yep.

And he's trying way too hard now.

Why would I be trolling? No one has yet proved to me why Daft Punk is better.

sonicc
01-27-2012, 03:46 PM
People need to get over the past, the future is now, and the future of EDM lies in the hands of these guys:

http://uploads.dancingastronaut.com/2011/07/edc11c-176-e1309527169448.jpg

Avicii, Alesso, Steve Angello, Sebastian Ingrosso, Axwell

Goatchella
01-27-2012, 03:46 PM
Our planets future is doomed.

This thread is about this years line up having the worst edm acts in Coachella history

GuyInTucson
01-27-2012, 03:47 PM
Why would I be trolling? No one has yet proved to me why Daft Punk is better.

Because you can? Hell if I know.

You can't prove something that's subjective, you fuck. The fact that a member of SHM has been caught in the act of Milli Vanilli-ism says enough about the effort and skill of SHM.

Saying SHM is better than Daft Punk is like saying Die Antwoord is better than Outkast.

sonicc
01-27-2012, 03:50 PM
Because you can? Hell if I know.

You can't prove something that's subjective, you fuck. The fact that a member of SHM has been caught in the act of Milli Vanilli-ism says enough about the effort and skill of SHM.

Saying SHM is better than Daft Punk is like saying Die Antwoord is better than Outkast.

Then why isn't Daft Punk playing anymore if they're so good? Are they not creative enough to come up with new material? Probably not...

Goatchella
01-27-2012, 03:52 PM
Too busy driving in ferraris that they actually own

grannock
SHM: Countless #1 Beatport hits, success in U.S. radio, sold out shows EVERYWHERE. Not to mention their solo careers are phenomenal as well. These guys are innovators, changing the game and look where they are now. Some people are just too ignorant to see it and just like to hate.

I know your a troll, but here is the food. Ive given shm a chance. As a guy who loves house beats, and can even get into some cheesy house music, i cant even listen to more than 15 mins of their sets. My roomate and i actually threw the live at msg show on just for some laughs, and holy fuck it was predictable, soft and hillarious.

Its popular because it sounds familiar. People who love familiar music are unintelligent and uncreative, the vast majority of people fall into this category. It is no different than any other cheesy market driven pop music from any other genre of music.

GuyInTucson
Then why isn't Daft Punk playing anymore if they're so good? Are they not creative enough to come up with new material? Probably not...

You're right. EDM artists should just band together like No Limit Records and bombard the market with cheap, uninspired music.

SoulDischarge
01-27-2012, 03:53 PM
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL i made these guys think i really like shm and they totally bought into it. what foooooooooooooooooooooools. I AM INTERNET KING ALL TIME

ods..
01-27-2012, 03:54 PM
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL i made these guys think i really like shm and they totally bought into it. what foooooooooooooooooooooools. I AM INTERNET KING ALL TIME

Thought the same thing... obvious troll is too obvious.

with_cheese
01-27-2012, 03:55 PM
A lot of us here have been listening to EDM for 10-20 years. Some even longer. To say it just blew up last year in the US is inaccurate.

How long have you been listening to EDM? That's a serious question. The reason I ask is if your gauge of quality artists is what DJ/Producer is playing/running the "biggest clubs in the U.S" then you're way off base. DJ's like Keoki and Richard Humpty Vission were those exact same acts 10 fucking years ago and you hardly see their names on the posters of big massives unless it's in their region.

So it just blew up? I guess you missed the era where The Chemical Brothers, Daft Punk, Prodigy, Crystal Method and several other groups / artists were getting just as much play on the radio back in those days as Afrojack and David Guetta are today. The main different is that those classic acts didn't have to ride the coat-tails of rappers and shitty auto-tuned R&B artists to become known by the masses.

Keoki was a cancer on dance music. Just like back in the late 90's, the kids that are jumping onto the EDM bandwagon right now will soon grow tired of the current trendy DJs/producers (along with the ecstasy that they will forever associate with them) and will move onto some shitty "new" genre. Then everyone here will get to bitch about the numetal bands filling up the rock portion of the lineup.

sonicc
01-27-2012, 03:55 PM
You're right. EDM artists should just band together like No Limit Records and bombard the market with cheap, uninspired music.

That's exactly what Daft Punk has done. They just sampled and got famous for other people's work. Just stop man, you're looking like a fool!

Goatchella
01-27-2012, 04:00 PM
Sonic is Caras alias and this is all a joke??

captncrzy
01-27-2012, 04:00 PM
I was thinking the same thing.

Goatchella
01-27-2012, 04:02 PM
I guess I'll say it cause I know everyone else doesn't agree.

Daft punk AND SMH mafia both suck. Always will and always have.
Fuck

grannock
01-27-2012, 04:02 PM
Jigsaws are falling into place

sonicc
01-27-2012, 04:08 PM
I can't wait for all of you to be talking about the Swedish House Mafia set in a couple of years. I guarantee it will be one of the top 5 best Coachella sets in history...

Gribbz
01-27-2012, 04:09 PM
Sonic is Caras alias and this is all a joke??

I was thinking the same thing.

Cara wouldn't be that boring. I hope not anyway.

Goatchella
01-27-2012, 04:09 PM
Hahahahhahahahha your crazy as fuck. This has to be a joke.

Psyche
01-27-2012, 04:11 PM
Used to be. There is no such thing now. Fucking derp step killed it. The larchmont is closed so no more respect. Funktion is whack now. Massives suck.

I'm down for psytrance, experimental and tribal shit in the desert or outdoor parties...otherwise I'm not into the people or music these days.

I know it all stemmed from house. I don't care. It sucks. Enjoy it. I don't.

Wait you think dubstep killed DNB? LOL. DNB killed it self long before dubstep ever existed.

Goatchella
01-27-2012, 04:11 PM
Jigsaws are falling into place

You mean puzzle pieces? Cause jig saws don't combine to fall into anything or any place.

Goatchella
01-27-2012, 04:12 PM
Wait you think dubstep killed DNB? LOL. DNB killed it self long before dubstep ever existed.

Please stick to the topic. Yes dnb is dead. Thanks for the info dork.

sonicc
01-27-2012, 04:13 PM
I'd like to see ANYONE top this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5rjlNcAfMRI

brycerosen
01-27-2012, 04:15 PM
If SHM and Daft Punk played a show together, Daft Punk would be the headliner

Does that make them better? NO

But they are better(daft)

SoulDischarge
01-27-2012, 04:15 PM
I can't wait for all of you to be talking about the Swedish House Mafia set in a couple of years.

We're talking about them now, actually. Current events.

Goatchella
01-27-2012, 04:18 PM
He maybe thinks SMH is .......EPIC!

Are they that good Sonic?

sonicc
01-27-2012, 04:19 PM
He maybe thinks SMH is .......EPIC!

Are they that good Sonic?

Look at the videos I've posted, they speak for themselves.

sonicc
01-27-2012, 04:25 PM
Quoting Rolling Stones: "DJs are the new rockstars" and they specifically talked about Swedish House Mafia. And to be honest, it's quite true, some of you just don't see it yet. Swedish House Mafia are The Beatles of our time...

Goatchella
01-27-2012, 04:26 PM
Hahaha you think I'm crazy. I have never and will never listen to these clowns. Solo or in a manpile. No thanks.
Last pro house I heard was Felix like 6 years ago and last amature house was a friends party in the desert. I went back to my camp and drained my battery listening to Eskmos pandora station.
I'm sure there was plenty of SMh being Played.

Those videos are a waste of time for someone like me. I'd rather feed the troll.

Goatchella
01-27-2012, 04:28 PM
Quoting Rolling Stones: "DJs are the new rockstars" and they specifically talked about Swedish House Mafia. And to be honest, it's quite true, some of you just don't see it yet. Swedish House Mafia are The Beatles of our time...

Hhahahahahhahahahahhhhahhahahaha

Do you faint and cry when they come on stage?

brycerosen
01-27-2012, 04:32 PM

Successful troll is successful, no further debate necessary

rjadams90
01-27-2012, 04:42 PM
Any chance we get to hear a DJ play this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G4hljPQshAU

sonicc
01-27-2012, 04:42 PM
Successful troll is successful, no further debate necessary

I guess that means ROLLING STONE is a troll as well, and they know nothing of music right? Hah! What a joke...

Dumbfound
01-27-2012, 04:44 PM
This thread delivers teh lulz.

Goatchella
01-27-2012, 04:46 PM
Rolling stone has meant nothing to music for over ten years

grannock
01-27-2012, 04:49 PM

I predict a dnb resurge when all these kids get tired of the same 5 dubstep songs. The "heavy" edm popularity is a product of 0 innovative rock for almost a decade. When i was 16 i loved pantera, ratm and tool. Wtf do the kids have now adays? Skrillex infused korn from 1999. Kinda sad really.

sonicc
01-27-2012, 04:49 PM
Rolling stone has meant nothing to music for over ten years

HAH! This makes me laugh...

sonicc
01-27-2012, 04:53 PM
Beatles: Sold-out shows / Swedish House Mafia: Sold-out shows -- Beatles: Made great music / Swedish House Mafia: Make great music -- Beatles: #1 Hits / Swedish House Mafia: #1 Hits

The only difference is The Beatles used instruments and Swedish House Mafia use synthesizers, computers and turntables.

Beatles: http://images.mirror.co.uk/upl/m4/oct2009/4/2/image-7-for-the-beatles-1964-gallery-871428426.jpg
SHM: http://uploads.dancingastronaut.com/2011/07/edc11c-106-600x399.jpg

guedita
01-27-2012, 04:54 PM
Go on...

Wheres the beef?
01-27-2012, 04:55 PM
Look at the videos I've posted, they speak for themselves.

Phenomenal mixing!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zod2plJg7E0

gillster17
01-27-2012, 04:56 PM
really had to go with the beatles thats who you were going to compare them to? embarrassing

sonicc
01-27-2012, 04:58 PM
Phenomenal mixing!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zod2plJg7E0

Steve Angello:
“When i do some festivals i have a team there that does all my pyro, fx and co2´s, + most of them have a synced “fireworks show” that is synced to the music so nothing goes wrong for the fireworks show since timing everything is extremely hard for them, so i have a medley mix i close with so they can have everything synced, most big festivals have that and its nothing new, as soon as your closing under a big finale you have that going on…”

Mugwog
01-27-2012, 05:08 PM
7 pages in one day, good trolling

pezasied
01-27-2012, 05:16 PM
Beatles: Sold-out shows / Swedish House Mafia: Sold-out shows -- Beatles: Made great music / Swedish House Mafia: Make great music -- Beatles: #1 Hits / Swedish House Mafia: #1 Hits

The only difference is The Beatles used instruments and Swedish House Mafia use synthesizers, computers and turntables.

Beatles: http://images.mirror.co.uk/upl/m4/oct2009/4/2/image-7-for-the-beatles-1964-gallery-871428426.jpg
SHM: http://uploads.dancingastronaut.com/2011/07/edc11c-168-600x399.jpg

The Beatles=SHM. Katy Perry has more #1 hits than SHM, Justin Bieber sells out shows faster than SHM. Katy Perry and Justin Bieber must be better than SHM, therefore, Katy Perry and Justin Bieber are better than the Beatles.

Prove me wrong.

Keep in mind Bieber can't hear you whining because his Lamborghini is too loud.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-5S7RUu47S78/TXwtq5U67HI/AAAAAAAAUSM/NCOVL8nwTVg/s1600/Justin%2BBieber%2BLamborghini%2BGallardo.jpg

SoulDischarge
01-27-2012, 05:17 PM
Oh, invoking the Beatles. Maybe we'll have something compared to Hitler soon. That'll be a treat. I'll savor that one for weeks to come.

Mugwog
01-27-2012, 05:19 PM
Hitler got people to commit genocide; therefore he is better than the Beatles

bganch
01-27-2012, 05:21 PM
Lol. Stay perfect baby....just for me

another "QUALITY" post there breh

Phunkevil
01-27-2012, 05:23 PM
another "QUALITY" post there breh

lol.

GuyInTucson
01-27-2012, 05:23 PM
The more sonicc posts, the less I think he is a troll and the more I think he is a serious SHM fanboy. So, if he is a troll, mission accomplished. I have been trolled.

electrocute
01-27-2012, 05:25 PM
OK, and what about Simon Cowell launching that DJ competition show?? Also based around the "DJs are the new rockstars" thing... ahh. The endtimes are truly upon us.

grannock
01-27-2012, 05:28 PM
You mean puzzle pieces? Cause jig saws don't combine to fall into anything or any place.

So wait, you dont like radiohead?

bganch
01-27-2012, 05:40 PM
goatchella and sonicc should get a room together... so they can measure each other's boners while they listen to SHM "mix" psytrance in the desert.

HotHamWater
01-27-2012, 05:58 PM
The more sonicc posts, the less I think he is a troll and the more I think he is a serious SHM fanboy. So, if he is a troll, mission accomplished. I have been trolled.

You are the victim of some pretty amateur trolling, my friend. I've witnessed some of the best to ever lace em up, and sonicc isn't in the same stratosphere. But respect him for making you dickheads argue for 8 pages.

Goatchella
01-27-2012, 06:04 PM
The Beatles=SHM. Katy Perry has more #1 hits than SHM, Justin Bieber sells out shows faster than SHM. Katy Perry and Justin Bieber must be better than SHM, therefore, Katy Perry and Justin Bieber are better than the Beatles.

Prove me wrong.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-5S7RUu47S78/TXwtq5U67HI/AAAAAAAAUSM/NCOVL8nwTVg/s1600/Justin%2BBieber%2BLamborghini%2BGallardo.jpg
Your so fucking cute when you talk like that.

Goatchella
01-27-2012, 06:11 PM
Sonic you wanna camp in my tent? Canteen bwoy?

I have candy. We can share the headphones in your iPod and shuffle together.

ThatGuyFromCanada
01-27-2012, 06:11 PM
Sonicc, you may be trolling, but that still dosen't mean the shit you say is funny because your doing so. If anything it just makes you look like the world's biggest cunt. Same to you, Goatchella.

Now then, shut the fuck up and go jack off to LMFAO.

ceretralvortex
01-27-2012, 06:12 PM
One thread does not a movement make. If I thought a new thread every single day would make Paul T. change his mind about what constitutes worthwhile dance/electronica I would post a new thread
every single day

Goatchella
01-27-2012, 06:13 PM
Are you proud of what you have done here?

Goatchella
01-27-2012, 06:15 PM
Sonicc, you may be trolling, but that still dosen't mean the shit you say is funny because your doing so. If anything it just makes you look like the world's biggest cunt. Same to you, Goatchella.

Now then, shut the fuck up and go jack off to LMFAO.
Why you all sad phillip?

ThatGuyFromCanada
01-27-2012, 06:20 PM
Why you all sad phillip?

Because people like you are the reason that EDM-lovers are quickly becoming EDM-haters. I'm not judging your taste in music, but the fact that you have to type your hands off with ignorant and absurd comparisons and opinions on an internet forum makes you look stupid. Enjoy the trolling bud.

Jman4321
01-27-2012, 06:21 PM
Who the fuck is Swedish House Mafia?

rjadams90
01-27-2012, 06:23 PM
Who the fuck is Swedish House Mafia?

It's a type of candy.
http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/hprofile-ak-snc4/276890_185459361509245_2115299044_n.jpg

Goatchella
01-27-2012, 06:23 PM
That group that played at the massive where that kid overdosed

Goatchella
01-27-2012, 06:25 PM
Because people like you are the reason that EDM-lovers are quickly becoming EDM-haters. I'm not judging your taste in music, but the fact that you have to type your hands off with ignorant and absurd comparisons and opinions on an internet forum makes you look stupid. Enjoy the trolling bud.

PeoPle like meeee??? What are you racist:)

sonicc
01-27-2012, 09:10 PM

Prove me wrong.

What is it with you guys and Justin Bieber? Geez...

pezasied
01-27-2012, 10:21 PM

Umm us? Try everyone. I'll just leave this here...

http://assets.rollingstone.com/assets/images/story/justin-bieber-talks-sex-politics-music-and-puberty-in-new-rolling-stone-cover-story-20110216/1000x306/main.jpg

billtino
01-28-2012, 01:28 AM
It's a type of candy.
http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/hprofile-ak-snc4/276890_185459361509245_2115299044_n.jpg

/chuckle

Timestretch
01-28-2012, 02:02 AM
http://i41.tinypic.com/3wgte.jpg

SepaGroove
01-28-2012, 02:49 AM

Are you fucking kidding me? Justin Bieber means everything to EDM. I head David Gwetta was like oh Justin Bieber I'm making this "Sandstorm" remix, will you sing on it? And the Biebs was like for sure bro, and then EDM history was made. Then the Sahara tent took a giant shit on itself then the 2012 Sahara lineup was announced. Then the hipsters were like, "why no Skrillex Bangarang EP 5 Grammy Noms bro all day bro, organic grass fed craft beer, FUCK YOU!" Then Skrillex took a shit on Justin Bieber's chest and David Brillex was born

SepaGroove
01-28-2012, 02:59 AM
Steve Angello:
“When i do some festivals i have a team there that does all my pyro, fx and co2´s, + most of them have a synced “fireworks show” that is synced to the music so nothing goes wrong for the fireworks show since timing everything is extremely hard for them, so i have a medley mix i close with so they can have everything synced, most big festivals have that and its nothing new, as soon as your closing under a big finale you have that going on…”

Because fireworks synced to closing medley mixes is equal to anything the Beatles ever did

mistakenstrangers
01-28-2012, 04:51 AM
http://www.snowbombing.com/img/u/1326456380snoop-fail.png

sonicc
01-28-2012, 11:08 AM
Are you fucking kidding me? Justin Bieber means everything to EDM. I head David Gwetta was like oh Justin Bieber I'm making this "Sandstorm" remix, will you sing on it? And the Biebs was like for sure bro, and then EDM history was made. Then the Sahara tent took a giant shit on itself then the 2012 Sahara lineup was announced. Then the hipsters were like, "why no Skrillex Bangarang EP 5 Grammy Noms bro all day bro, organic grass fed craft beer, FUCK YOU!" Then Skrillex took a shit on Justin Bieber's chest and David Brillex was born

You need help

insbordnat
01-28-2012, 11:14 AM
chumpy thread. no doubt the EDM lineup blows donkey peen but this is like watching the special olympics.

sonicc
01-28-2012, 11:17 AM
Sonic you wanna camp in my tent? Canteen bwoy?

I have candy. We can share the headphones in your iPod and shuffle together.

Very original, just because I listen to good music like Swedish House Mafia doesn't mean I shuffle...

sonicc
01-28-2012, 11:26 AM
chumpy thread. no doubt the EDM lineup blows donkey peen but this is like watching the special olympics.

Swedish House Mafia, Avicii, Kaskade, Madeon, David Guetta, Dada Life, Porter Robinson are one of the best EDM artists. How does the lineup blow? LOL

Wheres the beef?
01-28-2012, 11:46 AM
Swedish House Mafia, Avicii, Kaskade, Madeon, David Guetta, Dada Life, Porter Robinson are one of the best EDM artists. How does the lineup blow? LOL

One of the best EDM artists because they all have the same exact sound.

sonicc
01-28-2012, 11:50 AM
One of the best EDM artists because they all have the same exact sound.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKFmLwjLp8s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89KV_LcbqsA

Yeah, exactly the same huh? LOL

Wheres the beef?
01-28-2012, 11:53 AM
Yep.

sonicc
01-28-2012, 11:54 AM
Yep.

Haha shows how much you know of EDM then

Sigma
01-28-2012, 11:55 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKFmLwjLp8s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89KV_LcbqsA

Yeah, exactly the same huh? LOL

Proof of just how bad this years electronic lineup is.

SepaGroove
01-28-2012, 11:56 AM
You need help

YOU SHUT YOUR MOUTH WHEN YOU'RE TALKIN TO ME!

sonicc
01-28-2012, 11:58 AM
Proof of just how bad this years electronic lineup is.

That's your opinion vs. THOUSANDS who will be watching SHM
http://i.imgur.com/aYAhe.jpg

SepaGroove
01-28-2012, 11:59 AM
I like SHM. But when you're on here comparing them to The Beatles what do you expect man? YOU'RE GONNA GET FLAMED

sonicc
01-28-2012, 12:00 PM
I like SHM. But when you're on here comparing them to The Beatles what do you expect man? YOU'RE GONNA GET FLAMED

Look at my comparisons, there are minimal differences to be honest

pezasied
01-28-2012, 01:36 PM
That's your opinion vs. THOUSANDS who will be watching SHM

So you think 25,000 people or so watching SHM is impressive? Well Nickleback played in front of 70,000 people at Ford Field in Detroit on Thanksgiving day, plus millions more watching on TV. So what's more impressive, less than half of a festival watching SHM perform, or millions of people take time out of a HOLIDAY to watch Nickleback?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Nm_GVPGABs

So already, thats three artists I've proved that are better than SHM, do you want me to continue?
http://www.freewebs.com/peake-singles/Rolling%20Stone%20Original%20-%20Nickelback.jpg

Neighborhood Creep
01-28-2012, 01:44 PM
Trolling a troll. Nice

Mugwog
01-28-2012, 01:57 PM
Pretty sure there was a petition against Nickelback playing, that reached 50k sigs and they still played. Hell they made a funnyordie video about it

sonicc
01-28-2012, 02:00 PM
So you think 25,000 people or so watching SHM is impressive? Well Nickleback played in front of 70,000 people at Ford Field in Detroit on Thanksgiving day, plus millions more watching on TV. So what's more impressive, less than half of a festival watching SHM perform, or millions of people take time out of a HOLIDAY to watch Nickleback?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Nm_GVPGABs

So already, thats three artists I've proved that are better than SHM, do you want me to continue?
http://www.freewebs.com/peake-singles/Rolling%20Stone%20Original%20-%20Nickelback.jpg

DJs are the new rockstars, get with the program, you proved NOTHING with this useless information

sonicc
01-28-2012, 02:05 PM
Another video that speaks for itself, man you guys are SPOILED to have them at Coachella...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xqAssf7hUy0

pezasied
01-28-2012, 02:11 PM
DJs are the new rockstars, get with the program, you proved NOTHING with this useless information

DJs are the new rockstars according to Rolling Stone? These are Rolling Stones' rockstars.

http://cdn101.iofferphoto.com/img/item/611/014/21/o_306_Zac_Efron_RARE_ROLLING_STONE_COVER_Signed_8x 10_WOW___.jpg
http://cdn.buzznet.com/media-cdn/jj1/headlines/2008/07/jonas-brothers-rolling-stone-cover.jpg
http://assets.rollingstone.com/assets/images/story/snooki-discusses-smushing-and-the-stress-of-jersey-shore-in-rolling-stone-cover-story-20110302/1000x306/main.jpghttp://imagecache2.allposters.com/images/pic/TRND/FP8988~Fall-Out-Boy-Rolling-Stone-Cover-Posters.jpghttp://assets.rollingstone.com/assets/images/story/katy-perry-talks-body-image-fame-and-politics-in-rolling-stone-cover-story-20110622/1000x306/main.jpg

sonicc
01-28-2012, 02:16 PM
DJs are the new rockstars according to Rolling Stone? These are Rolling Stones' rockstars.

None of the people you posted are DJs...LOL

P.S. You're kind of scaring me, posting pictures of half naked dudes and Nickelback songs, you trying to tell us something?

sonicc
01-28-2012, 02:20 PM
http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/283370_10150263341214177_82627199176_7527807_79350 92_n.jpg