PDA

View Full Version : Best+Worst Discoveries 2012

Prelude
01-15-2012, 03:06 PM
I believe this thread could be productive, and probably help us not waste our time searching Santigold or James on youtube.

Best- Black Angels, Neon Indian, Manchester Orchestra, Godspeed You!, M83, Modeselektor, Gary Clark Jr, Noel Gallagher, Real Estate, Sheepdogs, Growlers, Yuck.

Worst- Pulp, Mazzy Star, Madness, Morgan Page, Pulp, the Weeknd, Fanfarlo, The Horrors, fIREHOSE, Pulp, AWOLNATION, tuneyards, Airplane Boys, Midnight Beast, Pulp.

&you?

hawkingvsreeve
01-15-2012, 03:07 PM
Wow.

paulb
01-15-2012, 03:08 PM
BAN for awful taste.

Prelude
01-15-2012, 03:15 PM
lol did i say productive on the internet, forgot about narrow minded headstrong Coachella fiends.

EDIT: educated posts plox.

weeklymix
01-15-2012, 03:27 PM
Worst- Pulp, Mazzy Star, Madness

http://weknowmemes.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/I-dont-want-to-live-on-this-planet-anymore-meme.jpg

Grandma
01-15-2012, 03:31 PM
lol did i say productive on the internet, forgot about narrow minded headstrong Coachella fiends.

EDIT: educated posts plox.

educated posts? learn to spell first you fucking retard

Mr.Trent
01-15-2012, 03:32 PM
lol wut

Prelude
01-15-2012, 03:33 PM
If you like bleak, unexciting, shitty vocals with unemotional music and shitty chord progressions.. more to you.

Prelude
01-15-2012, 03:33 PM
educated posts? learn to spell first you fucking retard

lol@u. A valiant attempt.

Grandma
01-15-2012, 03:39 PM
jimmy 4/20 cliff

fuck off shitheel

Nick o
01-15-2012, 03:47 PM
neon indian is great get the fuck out

Prelude
01-15-2012, 03:51 PM
neon indian is great get the fuck out
True, I was thinking of Neon Trees, replaced with firehoselol

manalive!
01-15-2012, 03:54 PM
haha this tread was doomed from the start. what reaction do you expect to get coming on here an calling pulp (one of the most requested bands on here) your worst discovery. surely this is a troll

Prelude
01-15-2012, 03:56 PM
I seem to have been trolled from various stuck in the 80s bigots.

Twattycakes
01-15-2012, 05:00 PM
I seem to have been trolled from various stuck in the 80s bigots.

You can pick: Either your a troll, or a fucking moron.

IzGewd
01-15-2012, 05:10 PM
I believe this thread could be productive, and probably help us not waste our time searching Santigold or James on youtube.

Best- Black Lips, Housse de Racket, Manchester Orchestra, Godspeed You!, M83, Modeselektor, Gary Clark Jr, Noel Gallagher(!)

Worst- Pulp, Mazzy Star, Madness, Morgan Page, the Weeknd, Fanfarlo, The Horrors, fIREHOSE.

&you?
Dickhead ^^

weeklymix
01-15-2012, 05:35 PM
He has dubstep on his fucking must-see list in his signature. Nothing to see here.

Sensuality
01-15-2012, 07:23 PM
Hey guys, this is my first post on the Coachella Arts and Music Festival forum! WHO ELSE LOVES SKILLREX?

TomAz
01-15-2012, 07:48 PM
jimmy 4/20 cliff

fuck off shitheel

I wonder if he even knows that Cliff is Muslim not Rasta.

frizzlefry
01-15-2012, 08:13 PM
Really disappointed to see this thread turn out like this, fuck the deaf OP, what are some good discoveries people? Save me some time on Spotify!

artiefissio
01-15-2012, 08:14 PM
He has dubstep on his fucking must-see list in his signature. Nothing to see here.

http://artiefissio.tumblr.com/post/15928606594/clap

nuff said

Prelude
01-15-2012, 08:22 PM
Ooooh interesting presumptions. Highly defensive over a genre that died in the 80s. Buncha narcissistic people on here. Making me worried about the hipster count. Also, smoking weed has nothing to do with the genre of music Jimmy Cliff plays, huh?

And lastly, fuck Skrillex.

nathanfairchild
01-15-2012, 08:32 PM
judging from the whole 4/20 thing is it safe to assume you will be at weekend 2? if that's the case then thank god none of us will have to see you.

ADrunkPoet
01-15-2012, 09:46 PM
Worst: AWOLNATION.

Just awful.

manalive!
01-15-2012, 09:58 PM
Ooooh interesting presumptions. Highly defensive over a genre that died in the 80s. Buncha narcissistic people on here. Making me worried about the hipster count. Also, smoking weed has nothing to do with the genre of music Jimmy Cliff plays, huh?

And lastly, fuck Skrillex.

you say fuck skrillex but then you list nero and flux pavillion on your list. THEY ALL PLAY THE SAME SHIT

Hawkings
01-15-2012, 10:20 PM
to OP, so you don't like old music or stuff that sounds like older music, do like electronica and a bit of hip hop and reggae. Not sure your thread will be so productive, so much as show lots of folks have different tastes, i'll probably catch James, Pulp, Mazzy Star, Madness, The Horrors. You could have said i like these bands, who should I avoid and who should i check out. Like you probably won't like Beruit, Cat Power, the Shins, Feist, Kasabian, Squeeze, Buzzcocks, Kaiser Chiefs, Frank Ocean, Florence and the Machine, Beirut, , DJ Shadow, Calvin Harris,

[/I]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJQk0jDZx8o&feature=related

Dexxx
01-15-2012, 10:34 PM

Best- Black Lips, Housse de Racket, Manchester Orchestra, Godspeed You!, M83, Modeselektor, Gary Clark Jr, Noel Gallagher(!)

Worst- Pulp, Mazzy Star, Madness, Morgan Page, the Weeknd, Fanfarlo, The Horrors, fIREHOSE.

&you?

Ill play

Best - Pulp, Mazzy Star, Madness, Morgan Page, the Weeknd, Fanfarlo, The Horrors, fIREHOSE.

Worst - Black Lips, Housse de Racket, Manchester Orchestra, Godspeed You!, M83, Modeselektor, Gary Clark Jr, Noel Gallagher(!)

No arguing this. I am completely right. Everyone elses opinion on music is dumb

Pixiessp
01-15-2012, 10:50 PM
Ill play

Best - Pulp, Mazzy Star, Madness, Morgan Page, the Weeknd, Fanfarlo, The Horrors, fIREHOSE.

Worst - Black Lips, Housse de Racket, Manchester Orchestra, Godspeed You!, M83, Modeselektor, Gary Clark Jr, Noel Gallagher(!)

No arguing this. I am completely right. Everyone elses opinion on music is dumb

Only 3 posts and already catching on.

windjackass
01-15-2012, 11:05 PM
Agree with OP. Pulp is fucking garbage.

kvnty
01-15-2012, 11:09 PM
Let's all agree to let this horrid thread die a slow painful death.

Sensuality
01-15-2012, 11:24 PM
I say we keep kicking this rotting donkey. OP getting mad provides decent entertainment.

Hawkings
01-15-2012, 11:26 PM
At least until the candy falls out

pachucasunrise
01-15-2012, 11:40 PM
Gary Clark Jr.! Anyone else checked this guy out?

Prelude
01-16-2012, 12:08 AM
I simply state trufax.

greghead
01-16-2012, 12:11 AM
Also, smoking weed has nothing to do with the genre of music Jimmy Cliff plays, huh?

Actually, no. People who listen to reggae may smoke a lot of weed, and suburban white kids may freely associate rastafarianism, reggae, and dope, but reggae music itself has nothing to do with smoking weed. Further, Jimmy Cliff is closer to R&B and soul than he is to the slow, plodding reggae and dub favored by stoned teenagers.

luckyface
01-16-2012, 12:38 AM
So far, the discoveries I have enjoyed the most are Pulp (sue me, I never listened to them), The Horrors, Wolf Gang, The Big Pink, Mt Eden, and Keep Shelly in Athens.

I have really not enjoyed Dawes, Death Grips, honeyhoney, Zed's Dead (holy shit!), AWOLNATION, and Suedehead.

I also discovered that WU LYF is not a rap group. That really surprised me.

nathanfairchild
01-16-2012, 12:43 AM
i never listened to The Sheepdogs before the lineup, but i enjoyed them. They remind me of CCR.

IceyHotshot
01-16-2012, 12:49 AM
i never listened to The Sheepdogs before the lineup, but i enjoyed them. They remind me of CCR.

Pretty much this exactly.

I'm also not sure if I like or dislike Dawes. It's a love/hate kind of thing.

Prelude
01-16-2012, 12:50 AM
Feel free to enlighten people with links based on they whom they like rather than flame.

darkmoon66
01-16-2012, 12:51 AM
Best so far:

Real Estate
Other Lives
Manchester Orchestra

I'm sure I'll have to add more next week

hendrixfan143
01-16-2012, 01:04 AM

&you?

all your worst discoveries are the bands I want to see most

electrocute
01-16-2012, 01:10 AM
Ok, I might try to dignify this rotting horse with a response...

Best so far: Madeon, Gotye, Wild Flag, Wolf Gang, Jacques LuCont (cause of the alias..),

WORST: Borgore (GAHHH.), Childish Gambino, AVICII (and all else from that godforsaken swedish house mafia... seriously... GTFO.... DIAF...), Destructo, Frank Ocean (questionable solo members from past terrible acts?? Can we please not do that?)

frizzlefry
01-16-2012, 01:17 AM
Pulp is growing on me...yeah so I never really listened to them until now...wanna fight about it?

Dexxx
01-16-2012, 01:20 AM
how is Frank Ocean questionable? watch his live performances and tell me hes not super talented... he has a crazy portfolio of work that goes beyond a two minute listen to Novacane, which is what I assume you did
Also, I wouldn't even consider him a solo member of "past terrible acts", obviously referring to OFWGKTA. He's a completely different world than odd future.

electrocute
01-16-2012, 01:41 AM
Fair enough. I'm really just not a fan of OFWGKTA and did not like what I heard of Novacane so yes, you assumed correctly, haha. From past experiences I've learned that's generally enough for me to judge... ;)
Oh, and I was also trying to include Destructo in that statement. Die Antwoord is just not something I want near me in any form.

ManInTheBowlerHat
01-16-2012, 08:22 AM
The worst discoveries of 2012 will all be housed in the Sahara Tent.

edbangme
01-16-2012, 09:52 AM
BEST: Azealia Banks, Neon Indian, Yuck, Kaiser Chiefs, Beirut, Cat Power

WORST: Dawes (blahhhhh), Death Grips (I get the appeal but they just make me anxious), honeyhoney (is this like WalMart's band of the week?), Alesso (sounds like somthing I would listen to while working out at Bali Fitness)

heart cooks brain
01-16-2012, 09:59 AM
http://i44.tinypic.com/nbq9go.gif

Edmontonian
01-16-2012, 10:24 AM
BEST: Pulp, Wolf Gang, Grouplove, WU LYF, Mazzy Star, ASAP Rocky, the Head and the Heart, Yuck, GIRLS, the Weeknd
WORST: Death Grips, AWOLNATION, Squeeze, The Buzzcocks, fIREHOSE, Madness, tUnE-yArDs, Grace Potter and the Nocturnals, the Vaccines, Fitz and the Tantrums

Death Grips take the cake for worst act on the lineup so far, though I haven't got through all the bands on sunday yet...
Their biggest 'hit' is a parody of Kesha's 'tik tok'? I know it's supposed to be comedy but it literally makes me want to cut my ears off.

TomAz
01-16-2012, 10:29 AM
BEST: Pulp, Wolf Gang, Grouplove, WU LYF, Mazzy Star, ASAP Rocky, the Head and the Heart, Yuck, GIRLS, the Weeknd
WORST: Death Grips, AWOLNATION, Squeeze, The Buzzcocks, fIREHOSE, Madness, tUnE-yArDs, Grace Potter and the Nocturnals, the Vaccines, Fitz and the Tantrums

You have the worst taste of anyone I have ever met in my entire life. You probably should go ahead and admit to yourself that you don't know a single fucking thing about anything at all. They say that admitting that you have a problem is the first step to recovery. I don't know if there's a cure for strident stupidity, however.

Sigur Ros Stache
01-16-2012, 10:38 AM
Death Grips take the cake for worst act on the lineup so far, though I haven't got through all the bands on sunday yet...
Their biggest 'hit' is a parody of Kesha's 'tik tok'? I know it's supposed to be comedy but it literally makes me want to cut my ears off.

Isn't that The Midnight Beasts? not Death Grips

Egull
01-16-2012, 10:50 AM

Tune-Yards album isn't my favorite (Although I do love some songs), but she is seriously awesome live, I wouldn't miss it. Also you are thinking of Midnight Beasts, who are by far the worst band on the lineup.

Prelude
01-16-2012, 01:22 PM
You have the worst taste of anyone I have ever met in my entire life. You probably should go ahead and admit to yourself that you don't know a single fucking thing about anything at all. They say that admitting that you have a problem is the first step to recovery. I don't know if there's a cure for strident stupidity, however.

=|

Madness might as well be Rick fucking Astley.

a good lol@you

http://youtu.be/KwIe_sjKeAY

thanks for the lulz

darkmoon66
01-16-2012, 01:46 PM

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/000/554/facepalm.jpg

citizenerased
01-16-2012, 01:59 PM
some of these like Godspeed and Black Lips I just never took the time to listen to.
best: Fitz and the Tantrums, ASAP Rocky, The Weeknd, Mazzy Star, The Black Angels, Black Lips, GY!BE, Le Butcherettes, Azealia Banks, Keep Shelly In Athens
worst: Dragonette, AWOLNATION(although Sail is a pretty good song), Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds, Wild Beasts(like the music, hate the voice)

amyzzz
01-16-2012, 02:01 PM
Pulp is growing on me...yeah so I never really listened to them until now...wanna fight about it?I'm hoping this will happen with me. I've been listening to a lot, and I don't get it yet.

SoulDischarge
01-16-2012, 02:04 PM
With all these bland undercard acts, it seems like Coachella knows its demographic at least.

furnace
01-16-2012, 02:08 PM
People of different ages have different tastes in music, news at 11. #shocking

DFrank
01-16-2012, 02:12 PM
Holy shit. I just found out who The Midnight Beasts are. What the shit is that about? They must be someone's nephew in GV. I would have to say that is the worst band i have ever seen billed on a Coachella lineup.

suprefan
01-16-2012, 02:12 PM
Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds,

So youre saying you dont like Oasis?

Holy shit. I just found out who The Midnight Beasts are. What the shit is that about? They must be someone's nephew in GV. I would have to say that is the worst band i have ever seen billed on a Coachella lineup.

Theyre huge in the uk, thats how it goes.

TomAz
01-16-2012, 02:31 PM
Also, smoking weed has nothing to do with the genre of music Jimmy Cliff plays, huh?

Jimmy Cliff is not a rasta.

You are one seriously stupid individual.

Prelude
01-16-2012, 02:43 PM
Jimmy Cliff is not a rasta.

You are one seriously stupid individual.

Care more about other peoples opinions.

Jimmy Cliff is obviously unrelated to Jamaica and the act of individuals smoking marijuana. And Madness doesnt sound like an 80s shitstain that is this years Devo.

SoulDischarge
01-16-2012, 02:46 PM
More prescient every year.

62lN2NQsHPw

chucky canuck
01-16-2012, 07:17 PM
My best discoveries so far -- the east-indian-vibe-meets-modern-beats of Beats Antique, the indie rock of We Were Promised Jetpacks, and the visual spectacle that is Amon Tobin's Isam.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ql4HcdLyYac

and
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G5ZhBAylbN4

and
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZSkCHUKjRE&feature=related

frizzlefry
01-16-2012, 08:14 PM
I'm hoping this will happen with me. I've been listening to a lot, and I don't get it yet.

Have you listened to Common People or Disco 2000? I was basically sold on those two alone

KidRobot
01-16-2012, 08:43 PM
I understand the hate for Death Grips; it is definitely difficult music to appreciate. But I will say that their live shows are really fun. If you can appreciate the craziness of an OFWGKTA show, I'd suggest checking out Death Grips' set.

aaronbk
01-17-2012, 03:53 PM
Death grips is one act im most stoked for on friday. So happy to see them on the lineup

Vic Viper
01-17-2012, 04:08 PM
I understand the hate for Death Grips; it is definitely difficult music to appreciate. But I will say that their live shows are really fun. If you can appreciate the craziness of an OFWGKTA show, I'd suggest checking out Death Grips' set.
death grips is going to be fucking great! every time i find myself getting down about the weak lineup i remember they're on it and i feel better.

aaronbk
01-17-2012, 04:22 PM
http://youtu.be/-wFnfd_ODkk
uhh yea this will be the shit.

KidRobot
01-17-2012, 05:30 PM
Yes. Death Grips will be great. Saw them at a Mad Decent event over the summer, so much fun.

involvelemons
01-17-2012, 05:56 PM
http://youtu.be/-wFnfd_ODkk
uhh yea this will be the shit.

Fuuuuuuuuck.
So intense.
I mean, if you know who Zach Hill / like anything he's done (probably redundant), you'll probably love this. Also if you're into Oxbow or any other really intense experimental music with a screaming black guy, you'll also probably love this.
I'll be in the mosh pit starting a problem, most likely.

Riflesmile
01-18-2012, 08:00 AM
Have you listened to Common People or Disco 2000? I was basically sold on those two alone

Not to mention their greatest song (IMO) - Do you remember the first time

MassiveChemicalPunk
01-18-2012, 08:27 AM
Biggest WTF since Enter Shitkari

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bFS-RzIpRd0

kananilove
01-18-2012, 09:21 AM
you're an idiot

Boourns
01-18-2012, 09:39 AM
Best: Do acts I already knew about but never got around to listening to count as discoveries? If so, Wild Flag and Destroyer. If not, then nothing.

Worst: A lot I didn't care for at all, but AWOLNATION and The Midnight Beast were by far the worst. I'm talking Iglu & Hartly bad.

bluemamba
01-18-2012, 10:26 AM
I remember iglu n Hartley last year when I was walking by. I giggled for about 10 seconds, scratched my head with a serious look for the next 5 seconds , then I just felt embarrassed for them. They were killin my buzz.

CitizenJ
01-18-2012, 11:19 AM
Wow, I thought Friday was bad before, but now that I checked out MIDNIGHT BEAST. Come on. How did these guys get booked for Coachella???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4npUdfEmbQ

Youtube video-chella????

with_cheese
01-18-2012, 11:35 AM
coachella payolagate

pachucasunrise
01-18-2012, 11:56 AM
It's funny in a recent-Saturday-Night-Live way. Which is to say, not at all.

bobchella
01-18-2012, 12:20 PM
Yeah... The Midnight Beast wins.... WOW that is shit.

Ross1492
01-18-2012, 12:22 PM
Holy hell. WTF is that nonsense?

CitizenJ
01-18-2012, 03:11 PM
I feel really bad for any band on Friday that got billed UNDER Midnight Beast.

rag and bone
01-18-2012, 03:42 PM
I have been enjoying the Black Angels. Pretty much listened to this song every day since the lineup came out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePDYiWatv1g

And yes...Midnight Beast...yiiiiikes.

Gribbz
01-18-2012, 03:45 PM
Yeah, the Black Angels slay.

with_cheese
01-18-2012, 03:46 PM
I feel really bad for any band on Friday that got billed UNDER Midnight Beast.

I wouldn't feel too bad:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXQhhF0FAS8

Jman4321
01-18-2012, 03:51 PM
Best: Do acts I already knew about but never got around to listening to count as discoveries? If so, Wild Flag and Destroyer. If not, then nothing.

Worst: A lot I didn't care for at all, but AWOLNATION and The Midnight Beast were by far the worst. I'm talking Iglu & Hartly bad.

Wow I immediately thought of Iglu and Hartly when watching that as well.

CitizenJ
01-18-2012, 04:09 PM
I wouldn't feel too bad

Yea, I saw EMA open for Dale Earnhardt Jr Jr. last summer, and I flat out did not get it. There is singing, and then there is rapping, and then there are bands that just kind of yell things... This is just some chick mubling over instruments that don't mesh. But I know others dig her. whatever.

blizzair
01-20-2012, 02:45 PM
im only doing a best discoveries list cuz i likes to keep it positive.

best: THE SHEEPDOGS. also: a$ap rocky, amon tobin (for the show alone), madeon, gary clark jr, and fitz and the tantrums (although im pretty sure ill get bored of them in like a week)

Dustin da DnB Soulja
01-20-2012, 02:49 PM
Worst: discovering our headliners for the sahara are the likes of Guetta, SHM and Afrocrap.

PulpOne
01-20-2012, 03:33 PM
I thought Awolnation was bad but goddamn, I couldn't get passed the 10 second mark on The Midnight Beast.

Best new discoveries for me would be The Black Angels and The Growlers.

shotglass75
01-20-2012, 03:39 PM

Is this seriously on Coachella's lineup? My god, what shit.

abbeyroad 04
01-20-2012, 06:38 PM

And you might as well go fuck yourself.

How can you have "discovered" Noel Gallagher, Mazzy Star, Madness, and Pulp just now? Are you 5 years old?

abbeyroad 04
01-20-2012, 06:47 PM
To post for those who aren't retarded (the rest of you):
Best:
Spector
Real Estate
Suedehead

Worst:
Midnight Beast (No question - the worst Coachella act EVER).

Nealocus
01-20-2012, 06:53 PM

Had to check the lineup to make sure this wasn't a joke. I consider myself pretty open minded about music, however this is laughable.

JAvina1283
01-20-2012, 07:01 PM
Best: The Horrors, Girls, Madeon, Mazzy Star, Breakbot, Atari Teenage Riot, The Dear Hunter, Ximena Sarinana.
Worst: Swedish House Mafia (so far...)

brochelluh
01-20-2012, 11:02 PM
Had to check the lineup to make sure this wasn't a joke. I consider myself pretty open minded about music, however this is laughable.

I did the same thing even after reading your post. wow... /facepalm

Prelude
01-21-2012, 01:01 AM

How can you have "discovered" Noel Gallagher, Mazzy Star, Madness, and Pulp just now? Are you 5 years old?

Its really funny how defensive you 80s fucks are about your untechnical out of date music and amateur vocals . Care more.
&
Go listen to Devo.

frizzlefry
01-21-2012, 01:20 AM
untechnicle
Please have my children and in case you lack the uterus, please take my cum across your filthy filthy face

FEELS
01-21-2012, 04:23 AM

aha holy fuck

r4chchella
01-21-2012, 08:40 PM
Best: Pulp, Jimmy Cliff, Hello Seahorse!, Gary Clark Jr., Wild Beasts, First Aid Kit, Gotye, Seun Kuti & the Egypt 80, Thundercat

Worst: Midnight Beast obviously, Frank Ocean, Childish Gambino, R3hab, Sebastian Ingrosso (didn't realize he was part of SHM), Borgore, Datsik, AVICII

Some of my worst discoveries just have to do with my music taste rather than talent (Childish Gambino)

OnRepeating
01-21-2012, 09:08 PM
Says the guy with shitty Flux & Doctor P in his sig...

Bus McRider
01-21-2012, 09:29 PM

are you guys actually taking these guys seriously? they're pretty hilarious, like an english lonely island

aftuJotNJ9M

swdshfsk
01-21-2012, 10:20 PM
So far I've only made it through Friday's line-up, and there is some stellar stuff going on there:

-The Rapture (had written them off previously, glad I gave them another shot)
-Death Grips (is it just me or is Friday really heavy on aggro-anti-establishment acts; Refused, Atari Teenage Riot, etc.)
-Wu Lyf
-Givers
-Other Lives
-Kendrick Lamar

Will be avoiding:
-Generally, most of the electronic music seems pretty boring to me, but I'm pretty selective about that kind of stuff
-Neon Indian
-The Black Angels (saw them open for the "new Smashing Pumpkins" a couple of years back and thought they were pretty...bland. After listening to them again, turns out they don't just save the suck for the stage)
- The Dear Hunter (not bad so much as contrived, imho)
- The Midnight Beasts (I think I get the joke...still not funny)

Dustin da DnB Soulja
01-21-2012, 10:28 PM
Tim Armstrong playing with Cliff is a pretty cool discovery.

Timestretch
01-21-2012, 10:40 PM
I find this to be rather horrible. Especially, the versus.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ImDMgtnrHTM

Taylor
01-21-2012, 11:03 PM
Gonna keep this simple.

Best: SBTRKT
Worst: Childish Gambino
Some bands I already knew of but never got into until the lineup came out: M83, Bon Iver, Pulp, Girls - I guess those are "discoveries."

lediable76
01-22-2012, 01:40 AM

&you?

omg. idiot.

Mugwog
01-22-2012, 01:25 PM
are you guys actually taking these guys seriously? they're pretty hilarious, like an english lonely island

aftuJotNJ9M

They should have saved the money for Weird Al. It's Always Sunny Live. Portlandia Live. Derrick Comedy Live. Aziz Ansari presents R Kelly's Trapped int he Closet LIVE with R Kelly.

Shit I'll hold a 30 minute seminar on how you can improve your life with handjobs that would be far more entertaining that hearing an even worse version of Swedish House Mafia X Katy Perry X Tigerbeat from the UK

CitizenJ
01-22-2012, 03:14 PM

Shut up. Are these bands really in the public consciousness? For younger people? Yes, Oasis should be 100% be there, but maybe there are some people who can't name the members of Oasis so Noel means little to them. I'm sure he has heard the song "Our House", but should he really know all the madness catalog if not an 80s child? Same for pulp outside Ordinary People. Don't get me wrong here, I am a fan of Madness, Pulp, and Gallagher (mainly Oasis, new stuff is kinda lame).

But seriously... Why should someone Know Mazzy Star? How? I didn't know Mazzy Star. I listened to it after seeing the listing this year, and It is an easy skip for me on the bill. What a snoozer.

Taylor
01-22-2012, 03:26 PM
Yeah ^ I don't claim to know everything there is to know about music but I feel like I know a decent amount. But never in my life have I even heard of Mazzy Star. I'm not saying that makes them bad, I haven't checked them out yet, but they're definitely not common knowledge.

Jakedeez
01-23-2012, 06:52 PM
BLACK ANGELS...Holy shit. These guys are badass! Great discovery

Gribbz
01-23-2012, 06:53 PM
Best: Mazzy Star, Gary Clark Jr.

EDIT* Also, Death Grips is going to slay you god damn pussies.

verveman77
01-23-2012, 10:05 PM
M83, Got way more into refused and at the drive in albums. The horrors, the vaccines, many of the Dj's performing, pulp santogold etc...

spiggums
01-23-2012, 10:52 PM

Jesus Christ... It's like an LMFAO knock off... which is the musical equivalent of... I don't know... A K-Mart knock off store?

theklein25
01-23-2012, 11:14 PM
Best: The Midnight Beast :)

Worst: Pulp :(

werner12123
01-24-2012, 09:59 AM
Best: The Midnight Beast :)

Worst: Pulp :(

You trollin'?

rage patton
01-24-2012, 10:33 AM

Oh my god.

rage patton
01-24-2012, 10:38 AM
Shut up. Are these bands really in the public consciousness? For younger people? Yes, Oasis should be 100% be there, but maybe there are some people who can't name the members of Oasis so Noel means little to them. I'm sure he has heard the song "Our House", but should he really know all the madness catalog if not an 80s child? Same for pulp outside Ordinary People. Don't get me wrong here, I am a fan of Madness, Pulp, and Gallagher (mainly Oasis, new stuff is kinda lame).

But seriously... Why should someone Know Mazzy Star? How? I didn't know Mazzy Star. I listened to it after seeing the listing this year, and It is an easy skip for me on the bill. What a snoozer.

Yeah ^ I don't claim to know everything there is to know about music but I feel like I know a decent amount. But never in my life have I even heard of Mazzy Star. I'm not saying that makes them bad, I haven't checked them out yet, but they're definitely not common knowledge.

So what? Madness is my number 1 act for the weekend and their biggest hit was released before I was born. Refused are my number 2 act for the weekend and I didn't discover them until 4 or 5 years after they broke up. These "younger" people you guys claim that shouldn't have to know bands like Pulp and Madness, all probably have Pink Floyd and Bob Marley posters on their wall. Im not saying that everyone has to know every single band that existed in the 80s and 90s... but to say because people weren't born in the 80's, they probably won't know a lot of 80's/90's bands is just dumb. Especially for people attending Coachella. I like to think that the people attending Coachella are generally music lovers and are more educated about music in general... perhaps I am giving the average Coachella attendee too much credit though.

GuyInTucson
01-24-2012, 11:13 AM

Part of the reason Coachella has become special to many of its attendees is the fact that there are bands, new and old, that you can discover every year. Two years ago, I came across a lot of people that had never heard of LCD Soundsystem before the poster came out and they were a sub-headliner and much more modern than Mazzy Star or Pulp. I remember back in 2002 I was not familiar with The Charlatans and still enjoyed their set.

Festivals book retro acts like Pulp, Mazzy Star, Robyn, Devo, Duran Duran, MBV, etc., because they still have a big following, they create a lot of nostalgia, attract an older crowd and can also translate at a festival to the younger audience. Who cares if the younger crowd has never heard of Pulp? I bet alot of them will after they witness their performance at the Polo Fields.

Dustin da DnB Soulja
01-24-2012, 11:36 AM
Man, how do I get a gig like Midnight Beast, they have the coolest job evar.

spiggums
01-24-2012, 02:42 PM
Festivals book retro acts like Pulp, Mazzy Star, Robyn, Devo, Duran Duran, MBV, etc., because they still have a big following, they create a lot of nostalgia, attract an older crowd and can also translate at a festival to the younger audience. Who cares if the younger crowd has never heard of Pulp? I bet alot of them will after they witness their performance at the Polo Fields.

I mean I know Robyn had a hit in the late 90s... but I don't know that I'd call her a retro act... I think the majority of her fanbase now are based off of her having taken control of her own work since 2005-ish... Where as those others are primarily known for their work in the 80s/90s.

with_cheese
01-24-2012, 04:00 PM
Yeah, Robyn did not need to be on that list. She got Best New Music by Pitchfork just one month before the line up came out http://pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/14917-body-talk/

and I'm pretty sure very few people in the packed Mojave were hoping for 'Show Me Love'.

GuyInTucson
01-24-2012, 05:01 PM
Well I guess I stand corrected on Robyn. I am not a fan so my only recollection of her music is from years and years ago.

Dustin da DnB Soulja
01-24-2012, 05:05 PM
Yeah, Robyn did not need to be on that list. She got Best New Music by Pitchfork just one month before the line up came out http://pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/14917-body-talk/

and I'm pretty sure very few people in the packed Mojave were hoping for 'Show Me Love'.

Well I am one of the few I guess...

clumsy342
01-24-2012, 05:20 PM
Has anyone else checked out Metronomy? I'm really kind of digging it. Don't know if they'll be worth it to see live, but I like their sound.

with_cheese
01-24-2012, 05:22 PM
Saw Metronomy at a festival back in 2009 and they were incredible. Was really impressed with how crisp they sound live. Highly recommended.

clumsy342
01-24-2012, 05:28 PM
oh yeah? well, I hope to check them out. "The Look" has taken over my brain.

swhite423
01-24-2012, 05:32 PM
Best: Refused, Madeon, Kendrick Lamar, EMA, The Sheepdogs, tune-yards, Madness

Worst: Midnight Beast, Atari Teenage Riot.

pachucasunrise
01-24-2012, 08:26 PM
Well, I JUST discovered St. Vincent.
I guess that's that.

JimmyMoore16
01-24-2012, 09:17 PM
Well, I JUST discovered St. Vincent.
I guess that's that.

How dare you not know about every band that I do! You are too stupid to live. Please kill yourself.

Timestretch
01-24-2012, 09:30 PM
EMA is horrible live. Utterly god awful.

KidRobot
01-24-2012, 10:40 PM

Really? I was planning on catching her set since it should be early in the day with no conflicts. I really love Past Life Martyred Saints.

LickTheLizzard
01-24-2012, 10:42 PM

I agree, one of the worst live acts I saw all year... who did she open for again? (i'm assuming we were at the same crescent show)

KidRobot
01-24-2012, 10:42 PM
And as far as good discoveries, I'm loving basically everything from Keep Shelly In Athens.

Bus McRider
01-24-2012, 11:13 PM
Best discoveries:

Gotye
The Weeknd

Both in the week before the lineup dropped, funny enough. Made it that much more exciting for me when I saw it :)

Natelevmofuggaz
01-25-2012, 12:25 AM
Every act I had never heard of when the line up came out is either a shitty, re-hashed, dime-a-dozen indie/rock band or shitty, re-hashed, dime-a-dozen brostep/electro act. Needless to say, I am disappoint. I usually find at least one or two new acts I am excited about.

rage patton
01-25-2012, 12:40 AM

I agree, one of the worst live acts I saw all year... who did she open for again? (i'm assuming we were at the same crescent show)

Both of these people are wrong and should not be listened to. I knew nothing about her when I saw her open up for Kurt Vile and she absolutely slayed. She puts on an incredibly intense live show.

bmack86
01-25-2012, 01:36 AM
Intense is definitely the key word. I adored her live set when I saw her open for Wild Beasts.

waltermakesmusic
01-25-2012, 01:59 AM
WORST HANDS DOWN The Midnight Beast

Prelude
01-25-2012, 02:25 AM
Sheepdogs are incredible. Neon Indian has done what I wish MGMT did. and tUnEYaRds confuse me.

KidRobot
01-25-2012, 09:19 AM
Both of these people are wrong and should not be listened to. I knew nothing about her when I saw her open up for Kurt Vile and she absolutely slayed. She puts on an incredibly intense live show.

Intense is definitely the key word. I adored her live set when I saw her open for Wild Beasts.

I hope both of you guys are right because I was really looking forward to her set.

CitizenJ
01-25-2012, 11:11 AM
I saw EMA open for Dale Earnhardt Jr Jr over the summer, and most of the audience seemed confused. It wasn't a good set. Sorry to burst your bubble.

theklein25
01-25-2012, 01:15 PM
and tUnEYaRds confuse me.

I think they messed up their name, should of been tUne-ReTaRds because her voice and that music is just that awful.

KidRobot
01-25-2012, 02:11 PM
I think they messed up their name, should of been tUne-ReTaRds because her voice and that music is just that awful.

I don't understand your existence.

CitizenJ
01-25-2012, 04:01 PM
I don't understand your existence.

Seconded.

swdshfsk
01-25-2012, 11:40 PM

How do you get away with being such an awesome and funny guy?

ods..
01-25-2012, 11:44 PM

Trust you guys. Really excited for her set.

klein.

Dumbfound
01-25-2012, 11:53 PM
I wouldn't say EMA is horrible live, but when I saw her open for Wild Beasts, I didn't know who she was, and her set didn't do it for me. She wasn't very engaging, and I think it affected my perception. Then I started seeing all the raving reviews for PLMS, and was a bit stumped, as I didn't get from her set an indication of such greatness as they were proclaiming. I've grown to really like the record, and I look forward to seeing her again when she opens for Zola, and then at Coachella. It would be curious to see how knowing the material changes the perception.

Sigur Ros Stache
01-26-2012, 06:58 AM
Best (for me that is)
Wolf Gang, Keep Shelly in Athens, Wild Flag, Breakbot, Suedehead

Worst
None if i didn't like after a few listens i discarded.

Laughing at everyone ragging on Midnight Beasts...they are a UK comedy troupe. Not to be taken seriously and make me laugh and on top of that will be playing way early in the Gobi tent (not unlike John Waters) that most of you won't be up to experience anyway so why are you worried about how horrible you think it is?

bobchella
01-26-2012, 07:30 AM
why are you worried about how horrible you think it is?

Because they're not funny, no one here has heard of them, they're being payed and they're taking a line up spot that could've been used for something (anything) more constructive.

Sigur Ros Stache
01-26-2012, 07:41 AM
Because they're not funny, no one here has heard of them, they're being payed and they're taking a line up spot that could've been used for something (anything) more constructive.

That, once again, noone will be there to see! Come on...i get to the fields early and they are sparse at best and usually the best times to be there.

and you really think they're getting paid that much?

bobchella
01-26-2012, 10:37 AM
you really think they're getting paid that much?

$1 would be too much

Sigur Ros Stache
01-26-2012, 10:39 AM
$1 would be too much

and i could say that about other bands as well. It's all a matter of opinion.

CitizenJ
01-26-2012, 11:03 AM
and i could say that about other bands as well. It's all a matter of opinion.

Midnight beast are the worst. if they wanted a comedy set, which i hardly get from their music, they could have gone so many other routes that are nowhere as repulsive as this LMFAO garbage.

KidRobot
01-26-2012, 01:32 PM
I have no problems with comedy acts, I've always been a fan of Weird Al and even The Lonely Island. But The Midnight Beast JUST ARE NOT FUNNY.

musegirl
01-26-2012, 01:50 PM
I try and have an open mind but it's sad to see groups like Midnight Beast booked at Coachella...you couldn't pay me to see them. Garbage.

guedita
01-26-2012, 01:51 PM
Remember when Coachella booked John Waters?

Mugwog
01-26-2012, 01:53 PM
Pretty sure Coachella couldn't afford LMFAO/Kate Perry so thats why we get "The Wild Beasts"

Dumbfound
01-26-2012, 01:58 PM
Pretty sure Coachella couldn't afford LMFAO/Kate Perry so thats why we get "The Wild Beasts"

It's Wild Beasts, without "The" and they just might be the best act of the entire festival.

musegirl
01-26-2012, 02:02 PM

Exactly. To me it's an injustice to other talent out there working hard, that deserve to be there.

Sigur Ros Stache
01-26-2012, 02:16 PM
Remember when Coachella booked John Waters?

I do, what a highlight of Coachella that year! Laughed my ass off but im a John Waters fan.

Dede' Arneaux
01-26-2012, 02:40 PM
So far ... the best

The Sheepdogs, Feist, Black Angels, Dawes & Fitz and the Tantrums

Dede' Arneaux
01-26-2012, 02:46 PM
I remember iglu n Hartley last year when I was walking by. I giggled for about 10 seconds, scratched my head with a serious look for the next 5 seconds , then I just felt embarrassed for them. They were killin my buzz.

Iglu & Hartly were the first act I saw in 2010 - they were great. Exactly what you want on a hot heinekein fueled Friday afternoon

Dede' Arneaux
01-26-2012, 02:51 PM
Pulp is growing on me...yeah so I never really listened to them until now...wanna fight about it?

Seeing Pulp 15 or so years after their peak will be like eating tonights pizza tomorrow morning

Boourns
01-26-2012, 03:08 PM
If only they could be as good as this

MvsE8gQv3_4

CitizenJ
01-26-2012, 04:07 PM
Seeing Pulp 15 or so years after their peak will be like eating tonights pizza tomorrow morning

I agree. I still want a slice, but its just without the spark, and the whole time I'm going to think about how much better it would have been last night.

spiggums
01-26-2012, 06:35 PM
I agree. I still want a slice, but its just without the spark, and the whole time I'm going to think about how much better it would have been last night.

I don't know... I've checked out some videos from last year and they look like they're still pretty solid live...

agenthal
01-26-2012, 11:28 PM

Saw them at Reading, you're wrong. If anything, what will fuck it up is a shitty American crowd.

Prelude
01-27-2012, 10:22 AM
Saw them at Reading, you're wrong. If anything, what will fuck it up is a shitty American crowd.

I believe when a band hasn't sold any albums in a country where the crowd is shitty, that makes the band itself, shit.

darklands
01-27-2012, 10:43 AM
the first page was enough for me in this thread to not read anymore

jesus. people have only just discovered pulp?

i guess this was to be expected when you joined a forum of mostly americans. were you all listening to greenday thinking you were cool when different class came out?

darklands
01-27-2012, 10:46 AM

good point. i saw them at reading 02, which was suppose to be their last gig. fuck knows why they are playing coachella for. have any americans even heard of pulp?

nbvcide
01-28-2012, 12:45 AM

i saw Pulp in 98 and it was just okay..he is a great showman however

agenthal
01-28-2012, 12:53 AM
good point. i saw them at reading 02, which was suppose to be their last gig. fuck knows why they are playing coachella for. have any americans even heard of pulp?

Only us Americans who are Anglophiles I guess haha. I honestly didn't know them that well before I saw them at Reading this year, but it was a blast. I hope they bring their stage with them.

PenisMuncher
01-28-2012, 01:55 AM

Yes. A ton of them. They are very popular here. The OP's shitty taste in music is not a proper reflection of every American's taste.

SepaGroove
01-28-2012, 03:17 AM
I think Pulp is extremely overrated. Sorry. Let the flaming begin...

darklands
01-28-2012, 07:07 AM
Yes. A ton of them. They are very popular here. The OP's shitty taste in music is not a proper reflection of every American's taste.

come on, you know that is not true. what is their highest album chart position in america?

amyzzz
01-28-2012, 07:33 AM
I think Pulp is extremely overrated. Sorry. Let the flaming begin...
Kinda agree. Their stage show looks entertaining, but their songs are mostly boring. I'm willing to give them a watch however if there are no conflicts.

TomAz
01-28-2012, 09:22 AM
Gosh does Fanfarlo sound at all like Arcade Fire?

yia1NbXIxBI

j_aFmziaRdU

amyzzz
01-28-2012, 09:38 AM
I'm really digging The Horrors and Metronomy. The former is shoegaze mashed with gothy new wave vocals, and the latter is quirky dance music with vocals similar to Of Montreal at times, although there are some female vocals too.

darklands
01-28-2012, 11:24 AM
I'm really digging The Horrors and Metronomy. The former is shoegaze mashed with gothy new wave vocals, and the latter is quirky dance music with vocals similar to Of Montreal at times, although there are some female vocals too.

the horrors are a good band, though they have been around a while. their new stuff is very similar to simple minds

with_cheese
01-28-2012, 12:58 PM
Can't say it enough, Metronomy live is not to be missed.

Prelude
01-28-2012, 01:28 PM

Can any Pulp fans just admit how SIMPLE and easy to dislike their music is? Lol@your attempt to say something smart, Penis Muncher.

theklein25
01-28-2012, 01:34 PM
I'm probably going to skip Pulp. I don't see the what the hype is except for the reunion

werner12123
01-28-2012, 03:09 PM
the first page was enough for me in this thread to not read anymore

jesus. people have only just discovered pulp?

i guess this was to be expected when you joined a forum of mostly americans. were you all listening to greenday thinking you were cool when different class came out?

Waaaah. Waaaaah. Americans suck because they don't like my English music. Waaaaah. Shut up you pretentious douche.

elChurro
01-28-2012, 04:27 PM
I just discovered the radiohead, take a listen, I think you'll like its.

swdshfsk
01-28-2012, 06:28 PM
Hot damn! Just realized that Seun Kuti is the son of Fela, and he's performing with dad's band. This line-up just keeps getting better.

Oh, and Pulp...ya, a tad overrated.

wakeupmandy
01-29-2012, 04:48 PM

I feel old now. I agree though, I only liked a couple of Mazzy songs many years ago, and still only like a few today. Same with Madness, though.

wakeupmandy
01-29-2012, 04:55 PM
Sheepdogs are incredible. Neon Indian has done what I wish MGMT did. and tUnEYaRds confuse me.

Well, we agree on something

PenisMuncher
01-29-2012, 05:03 PM
come on, you know that is not true. what is their highest album chart position in america?
This is Hardcore was 114. They aren't nearly as popular here as in the UK, but yeah, lots of people like them.

TomAz
01-29-2012, 09:07 PM
Hot damn! Just realized that Seun Kuti is the son of Fela, and he's performing with dad's band. This line-up just keeps getting better.

Plus "Rise" is so good it's worth seeing him based on that song alone.

jlk2490
01-29-2012, 10:12 PM
oh yeah? well, I hope to check them out. "The Look" has taken over my brain.

You should check out this remix by king krule:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oK9lpVzhFk0

blueduck
02-29-2012, 03:15 PM
Best: Madeon - Givers - Other Lives - Sub Focus - SBTRKT - Zeds Dead - Groupslove - We were promised jetpacks - Gary Clark Jr

Worst: Frank Ocean - The Weeknd -

frizzlefry
02-29-2012, 03:43 PM
Midnight Beasts, it needs to be said more than once that this is the worst thing to come of humans since the Atomic Bomb

ceretralvortex
02-29-2012, 03:48 PM
THE PERSON THAT STARTED THIS THREAD IS EVERYTHING WRONG WITH EVERYTHING THAT IS WRONG BUT USED TO BE RIGHT.

It's hard to stomach the fact that I might bump into this person while I traverse the polo field.

The only comfort that I take is that poor taste has been scientifically linked to unhappiness.

theanteater
02-29-2012, 04:15 PM
First Aid Kit is one of my best discoveries so far...

TheMusicMan
02-29-2012, 07:17 PM
Best - SHM, afrojack
Worst - pulp, refused, mangum, at the drive in

Douchey.McDouche.Douche.
02-29-2012, 08:10 PM
Best - SHM, afrojack
Worst - pulp, refused, mangum, at the drive in

nice troll attempt.

The_blakeness
02-29-2012, 09:55 PM
Best: Afrojack, Madeon, Wu LYF, Givers, SBTRKT, Destroyer, Keep shelly in Athens, Garden & Villa

Bad: refused, mazzy star, horrors, james, sheepdogs, la riots, bah bah...

pachucasunrise
02-29-2012, 10:15 PM
Best: Gotye, We Were Promised Jetpacks, The Horrors, Kendrick Lamar
Worst: Midnight Beast, EMA, Swedish House Mafia

AeroplaneJunkie
02-29-2012, 10:20 PM
I've seen people put Jeff Mangum and Godspeed You! Black Emperor as their worst discoveries, therefore, everything on this thread is completely invalid. goodbye, you asstrolls.

KidRobot
02-29-2012, 10:45 PM
Worst: Frank Ocean - The Weeknd -

What the hell...

Highly Refined Pirate
02-29-2012, 11:01 PM
I really like Real Estate and Gary Clark Jr.

Twattycakes
02-29-2012, 11:11 PM
Best - Gotye, We Are Augustines, WU LYF, We Were Promised Jetpacks, Black Angels, Fitz and the Tantrums, Metronomy, Housse de Racket, Wild Beasts, Andrew Bird, SBTKRT

Worst - The Head and the Heart, GIVERS, SHM, Afrojack, AWOLNATION, EMA

kerby14
02-29-2012, 11:32 PM
best discovery easily gary clark jr for sure...im gonna cry if he conflicts with sub focus

Jakedeez
02-29-2012, 11:46 PM
I've discovered that Sunday night is going to be a clusterfuk of conflicts and im not looking forward to the decisions i have to make.

ialvarado2
03-03-2012, 01:52 PM
Im digging The Sheepdogs

Prelude
03-03-2012, 02:20 PM
[QUOTE=ceretralvortex;2402523]THE PERSON THAT STARTED THIS THREAD IS EVERYTHING WRONG WITH EVERYTHING THAT IS WRONG BUT USED TO BE RIGHT.

It's hard to stomach the fact that I might bump into this person while I traverse the polo field.

The only comfort that I take is that poor taste has been scientifically linked to unhappiness.[/]

Are all Pulp fans this defensive? There is most definitely reason to defend their lack of talent in creating technical music, and the blandness of their vocals seems quite obvious to me, but how do people act like they are the amazing at what they do? Nostalgia is a weird thing.

Sheepdogs album Learn and Burn (and song) have given me hope for music in the future. And I love how the Black Angels are the Doors without the cheesedick keyboard riffs. These groups, along with Tame Impala, can really bring this shit back.

rasooli
03-03-2012, 02:56 PM
Best: WU LYF, SebastiAn, Modeselektor

Jrtho73
03-03-2012, 04:28 PM
Best: M83, Neon Indian, Kendrick Lamar, ASAP Rocky, Azealia Banks and Childish Gambino

Worst: Borgore and The Midnight Beast

airforcefoo
03-03-2012, 11:03 PM
[QUOTE=ceretralvortex;2402523]THE PERSON THAT STARTED THIS THREAD IS EVERYTHING WRONG WITH EVERYTHING THAT IS WRONG BUT USED TO BE RIGHT.

The only comfort that I take is that poor taste has been scientifically linked to unhappiness.[/]

Are all Pulp fans this defensive? There is most definitely reason to defend their lack of talent in creating technical music, and the blandness of their vocals seems quite obvious to me, but how do people act like they are the amazing at what they do? Nostalgia is a weird thing.

Sheepdogs album Learn and Burn (and song) have given me hope for music in the future. And I love how the Black Angels are the Doors without the cheesedick keyboard riffs. These groups, along with Tame Impala, can really bring this shit back.

What the fuck do you mean by technical music? I've had the misfortune of reading this entire thread to see if anybody had anymore insight into the band Spector because I've only been able to find a little about them, and instead I've read you. What isn't "technical" about their music and how could Jarvis' vocals ever be described as bland? Even if somebody wanted to do something other than flame you and actually engage you in discussion, it would be like arguing with a wall. You've obviously made a rash decision based on a quick impression or a bias that you have, and now you're trying to defend it as an actual position by making non-statements like "lack of talent in creating technical music" that can't be refuted (or defended) because they're vague, nonsensical bullshit. So, not only are you a fucking moron with no musical taste (obligatory flame), you're also the world's worst rhetorician (supplementary flame to further beat into the ground the point that you're an idiot).

kananilove
03-04-2012, 12:04 AM
complete fail of a post.

latexsolarbeef
03-04-2012, 12:18 AM
What the hell...

Like your pic says... Haters gonna Hate

greghead
03-04-2012, 05:04 AM
Sheepdogs album Learn and Burn (and song) have given me hope for music in the future.

. . . Because they rehash the "good" music of the past? Interesting thought process you have there.

loopy
03-05-2012, 05:09 PM
Best:
Madeon -- fun beats and this video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTx3G6h2xyA) made me want to see him live, plus this kid is like 17
Frank Ocean, Azealia Banks -- great rhymes, great beats
Grouplove -- didn't think I'd like them at first but found their songs stuck in my head, liked them more after a few listens
Metronomy
Seun Kuti & Egypt 80

Worst:
Midnight Beast -- because I have ears
Death Grips -- of what I heard I like the beats, just not something I'd be into seeing live
Dawes -- zzzzz
Datsik, Borgore -- recycled, overdone dubstep
EMA, A$AP Rocky, Laura Marling, Wild Beasts, The Gaslamp Killer

chunk
03-05-2012, 08:11 PM
I should have been a fan of Florence + the Machine much much earlier. One of the greatest voices in the world. Cant wait.

Leyser
03-05-2012, 08:22 PM
one of the worst voices I have ever heard

Lynn163
03-05-2012, 08:36 PM
I should have been a fan of Florence + the Machine much much earlier. One of the greatest voices in the world. Cant wait.

She's going to be beautiful.

witham
03-05-2012, 08:55 PM
Best:
SBTRKT
Modeselektor
Madeon

Worst:
Wallpaper.

MondayBox
03-05-2012, 09:51 PM
Best: Radiohead,
Worst: Papa Roach.
Why do they always gotta bring Papa Roach back?!

SepaGroove
03-06-2012, 09:59 AM
^^ Wtf? Papa Roach? Hahaha

brogore
03-06-2012, 07:12 PM
^^ Wtf? Papa Roach? Hahaha

this has to be my favorite meme ive seen lately....

Prelude
03-27-2012, 12:39 PM
Must be stated again - LOL@DEFENSIVE PULP FANS. Because their talent glistens from their incredibly technical instrumentation and amazingly talentless vocals.

grichsgang
03-27-2012, 01:49 PM
Best: GIVERS, WU LYF, Wild Flag, First Aid Kit, Growlers, Oberhofer, Jetpacks

Worst: At the Drive-in (sorry hardcores), Refused (I guess I'm getting old), Manchester Orchestra. I basically stopped listening to most that I didn't like, so any "discovery" was very fleeting anyway.

xanman86
03-27-2012, 02:27 PM
jimmy 4/20 cliff

fuck off shitheel

Can't wait

amyzzz
03-27-2012, 03:41 PM
I agree that Jarvis's vocals are bland. He's flat half the time. The lyrics are interesting however, and Pulp is growing on me.

clleadz
03-27-2012, 03:59 PM
I agree that Jarvis's vocals are bland. He's flat half the time. The lyrics are interesting however, and Pulp is growing on me.

He's even further off these days, with the high notes in Bar Italia especially. However, like you say the lyrics are interesting. Also he puts on a good show, the band have a good time and the music is a lot of fun. When half the crowd are singing along it matters less how the singer sounds.

My top band for the weekend

weezy f baby
03-27-2012, 04:04 PM
I discovered David Guetta. You decide if it's Best+Worst.

LolaMay
03-27-2012, 10:24 PM
I am actually quite pleased to see all the Pulp haters, more room for me in the front row.

spiggums
03-27-2012, 11:03 PM
I discovered David Guetta. You decide if it's Best+Worst.

I'd say it's "Best"... Just in that you've escaped it for so long while the rest of the world has been slapped upside the head with his music.

D,,d)
03-28-2012, 01:28 AM
Death Grips :D
EMA :poo

Mrtin Slveig :laughyou
Bon Iver :yyablo

Thundercat:cool:
Gotye :confused:

GhostofRonnieJamesDio
04-02-2012, 09:48 PM
My favorite discoveries: Buzzcocks, Company Flow, Death Grips, Kendrick Lamar, Le Butcherettes

I'm not sure why anyone is saying Pulp is overrated if (allegedly) few Americans have heard of them, none of their albums broke the Top 100 in this country, and their reunion isn't getting much media coverage. Let those who are excited for a band they never thought they'd get to see live enjoy themselves. Seeing them & At the Drive-In on the same lineup was what motivated me to buy a ticket.

kimbico
04-02-2012, 10:14 PM
Best: Black Lips, Pulp, Real Estate, Breakbot, Zeds Dead, Gary Clark Jr, Le Butcherettes, Yuck, Fitz and the Tantrums.
Worst: Datsik, A$AP Rocky.

Most of the people I'm seeing I was already a fan of beforehand. Anyways, I don't know why people keep calling Pulp overrated. Their lyrics are great, their shit's catchy, and overall they are pretty good live performers. Jarvis is a great frontman despite his sometimes off pitch. Still, I like Pulp. That being said, I don't revolve my world around them. They're pretty good but so are tons of other bands I grew to love while going through the Coachella lineup, like Black Lips. Cannot wait for Black Lips.