PDA

View Full Version : Gorillaz Secerte Show 4/16 in LA

DrDank551
04-06-2010, 10:24 AM
http://kroq.radio.com/2010/04/05/win-your-way-into-the-gorillaz-secret-kroqcoachella-dress-rehearsal/

Hope I am not too late

brando4n82
04-06-2010, 10:26 AM
the only way I'll be jealous of this show is if they play Their first album in its entirety.

Rosemont17
04-06-2010, 10:26 AM
cool

ficklecycle
04-06-2010, 10:28 AM
We know. Learn how to spell.

COACHILLA
04-06-2010, 10:30 AM
haha love the interview of murdoc

Complex: Ooooookay. And you’re playing Coachella – what can we expect from you?

Murdoc: Ooooh, have I got something special for you. I’m going to explode! Explode! I’ve planned a reunion of not one, not two, but maybe even all THREE of the Gorillaz albums to be performed live… LIVE! Can you imagine? I’m not really prone to excitement, due to all the medication and everything, but this is really something! Something unbelievable. Something that we may even tour until we’re skeletons… If my plans come together, these shows will go down in history for the sheer weight of icons, legends, and music genii on stage at one time!!! And that’s just me and Russel—if I can find him. But seriously, I’ve heard nothing but good things about Coachella. I don’t normally play festivals due to the fact that I like a toilet that can cope with solids and I need access to ice at all times. But I’m told that Palm Springs is where it’s at: the women are all super-hot cougars and the golfing’s good, so here we come!

cant wait!!

fredbull
04-06-2010, 10:52 AM
that would be awsome!! but i doubt they will get enough time to play all three albums all the way through..... they would have to go on at 9.... and given the predictions on the misc babble thread i don't see this happening.... not that it can't, but i doubt it

brfilora
04-06-2010, 02:09 PM
This show is on 4/16.

Is it just me or will you have to leave the Coachella grounds to see this?

FCUK THAT

Cammo
04-06-2010, 02:27 PM
Yep... I got coachella chills again, ahhh, what a great feeling

ialvarado2
04-06-2010, 02:40 PM
The 3 albums are 181 minutes in lenght approximately. That's a 3 hour set,

Take into consideration that Coachella will end at 1 am now and that Macca played almost 3 hours.. a little bit above 2.5, like 2 hours and 45 minutes I think.

So I think it's totally doable if Gorillaz starts at 10 pm.

fredbull
04-06-2010, 03:17 PM
coachella only ends at 1 am on friday and sat not on sunday, sunday is still 12

Ardentbiscuit
04-06-2010, 03:19 PM
Is there any indication on the time? What if it is in the middle of the day?

vinylmartyr
04-06-2010, 03:20 PM
M1A1

Trick Loves The Kids
04-06-2010, 03:30 PM
seriously there's no way they're going to play 3 albums in a row

dorkfish
04-06-2010, 03:32 PM
secerte

weezy f baby
04-06-2010, 04:04 PM
their other more recent shows have been just a greatest hits. Mainly stuff from Plastic Beach and Demon Days.

JustSteve
04-06-2010, 04:07 PM
since the advent of the internet is anything really secret anymore?

zachyd
04-06-2010, 04:29 PM
omg, the idea of seeing all 3 albums in full is incredible.

i bet theyd give the gorillaz the time they needed if they really wanted to do the 3 albums in full.

fancy restaurant
04-06-2010, 04:32 PM

yeah... because Gorillaz are gonna play in the middle of the day. That's going to happen.

schavira
04-06-2010, 05:03 PM
At the rehearsals they've done almost all of the second and third albums, only one song from the first though (Clint Eastwood).

Mau5 Boyz
04-06-2010, 05:06 PM
youz guyz bez betterz offz seeingz thiz andz blowingz offz wholez coachellaz itz az dudz anywayz

mickflyy
04-06-2010, 05:51 PM
ewwww

Trigaus
04-06-2010, 06:35 PM
Given the chance, I would miss first day to see a private Gorillaz rehearsal. Probably make it back in time for nighttime acts! :)

JustSteve
04-06-2010, 06:36 PM
no way you would make it back to coach in time.

WhyTheLongFace
04-06-2010, 06:37 PM
seriously there's no way they're going to play 3 albums in a row

THIS.

choice cat
04-06-2010, 06:41 PM
thats too bad their not showing their first album any love .. good album.

PrettyRagdoll
04-06-2010, 11:01 PM
the only way I'll be jealous of this show is if they play Their first album in its entirety.

this

guest-1185
04-06-2010, 11:06 PM
Given the chance, I would miss first day to see a private Gorillaz rehearsal. Probably make it back in time for nighttime acts! :)

More accurate would be hanging out at Coach until about 5-6 and then booking it back into the city.

Trigaus
04-07-2010, 10:57 AM
More accurate would be hanging out at Coach until about 5-6 and then booking it back into the city.

Would still be worth it.

NoGwenPlease
04-07-2010, 11:00 AM
I wouldn't miss a days worth of acts for anything..

dahboom
04-09-2010, 12:21 PM

Yes, Here is the info posted from G-Club...

"G-Club LA rehearsal competition

murdocPlastic Beach, Portsmouth, Lincoln, Birmingham... Next stop: LOS ANGELES!!! That's right kids, the Gorillaz band will be swinging in to the City of Angels for one very special night, competition winners only! I'm going to have to come up with a REALLY good disguise to sneak into this one... I was thinking 'Baywatch Babe' or 'Movie Mogul'. Or maybe 'Desperate Housewife'. Or 'Damon Albarn'. That one's sure to get me in! The band sound great and look sharp - if they can just get that bass-player into a cape and a nappy they'll really be swinging! Toodle-pip! Muds xox

Hello Everyone,

It's with the warmest of fuzzy feelings we announce Gorillaz are set to open up their final production rehearsals at a secret location in LA on Friday April 16th ( approx 7PM PST ) before they play a storming headline set at Coachella Festival on Sunday April 18th. We promised you some treats when you joined right!!!!

The Rehearsal will feature some of the performers who featured on Plastic Beach including Damon Albarn, Bashy, De La Soul, Mick Jones, Kano, Gruff Rhys, Paul Simonon and Bobby Womack... and of course full production by the one and only Jamie Hewlett.

G-Club has 40 pairs of tickets available to members. We'll be asking 2 questions and giving away 20 pairs of tickets per question to randomly selected members with the correct answer. Obviously we'd love you all to come but you won't all fit in!

Question 1 runs from 10am GMT friday 9th of April until 9am monday the 12th
Question 2 runs from 10am GMT monday 12th until tuesday 9am

Check back here from Friday and answer the question for your first chance to win! Winners will be notified theday the question ends. Members can enter both the competition although only 1 pair of tickets in total will be available to each winner.

Under 16's must be accompanied by an Adult. Full details and terms & conditions are available on Gorillaz.com
P.S Please make sure you can get yourself to LA for friday the 16th if you win.!!

Good luck....and speak again soon.
G CLUB X"

Sounds like it would be a kool small show but yea, it starts at 7:00...We would NEVER make it back on time for Coach. Besides, it's just a dress rehearsal for sunday so I can live with the Sunday only show. Oh well.

daftmonkey64
04-09-2010, 01:08 PM
i know I'm going to have to choose between Gorrilaz and Jonsi. FML

Trick Loves The Kids
04-09-2010, 01:10 PM
you're literally an idiot if you miss jay-z for this

mickflyy
04-09-2010, 03:57 PM
Gorillaz are going to be SICK!

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/VgTJVoOn8CQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/VgTJVoOn8CQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Ride a Tire!
04-09-2010, 05:08 PM
Yeah, this is most definitely intended for people who only want to see Gorillaz and don't want to pay $300 to do so and drive all the way to the desert. Idiots, really.

Trick Loves The Kids
04-09-2010, 06:00 PM
Yeah, this is most definitely intended for people who only want to see Gorillaz and don't want to pay $300 to do so and drive all the way to the desert. Idiots, really.

right?

gooftroop
04-09-2010, 06:27 PM
The Rehearsal will feature some of the performers who featured on Plastic Beach including Damon Albarn, Bashy, De La Soul, Mick Jones, Kano, Gruff Rhys, Paul Simonon and Bobby Womack... and of course full production by the one and only Jamie Hewlett.

Awesome, nice to have this in writing. Gotta figure Hypnotic Brass Enesemble might be up there with them too, damn this show is going to be so fucking good.

Eggbird
04-09-2010, 06:33 PM
Clearly it's not a "secret" show.

grannock
04-09-2010, 07:46 PM
At the rehearsals they've done almost all of the second and third albums, only one song from the first though (Clint Eastwood).

How do they do Clint Eastwood without Del? Thats some bullshit.

niksterg11
04-09-2010, 09:51 PM
Iíve planned a reunion of not one, not two, but maybe even all THREE of the Gorillaz albums to be performed liveÖ LIVE! Can you imagine?

do you guys think we're misinterpreting what this means? couldn't this just mean that there are songs from all three albums in their set (which is currently true with Clint Eastwood in there)? I mean, I'd love for them to play all three albums in their ENTIRETY, but that's not exactly what the quotation says...

Foucault
04-09-2010, 10:22 PM
do you guys think we're misinterpreting what this means? couldn't this just mean that there are songs from all three albums in their set (which is currently true with Clint Eastwood in there)? I mean, I'd love for them to play all three albums in their ENTIRETY, but that's not exactly what the quotation says...

Their most recent setlists confirm that they are not performing "Plastic Beach" in its entirety, but are, instead, performing highlights from all three albums. I hope this remains true for Coachella (even though Plastic Beach is really growing on me).

schavira
04-10-2010, 01:38 PM

He's going to be in Canada on the day of Coachella. They've just used a prerecorded version of his rap so far.

TheScenestar
04-10-2010, 02:41 PM
Clearly it's not a "secret" show.

It's secret if nobody knows where it is. Also it's doubtful that they'll play all their records. Portishead didn't in their "secret" Coachella rehearsal show at the Mayan.

Ride a Tire!
04-10-2010, 04:55 PM

They've also been known to just have another rapper do a replacement rap, as if Del doesn't MAKE that song and it's just interchangeable... frustrating, but it will still be fun live.

grannock
04-10-2010, 11:09 PM
Heh, I saw a youtube video of Clint Eastwood live at one of their rehearsals. They basically push play... This is soooooo not going to be the best thing on Sunday night.

ADrunkPoet
04-10-2010, 11:13 PM
I'd rather they not play Clint Eastwood at all than pipe in Del's vocal track.
That shit always sounds awkward when bands do it live.

mickflyy
04-11-2010, 06:09 PM
That would be pretty lame, but seeing as it is a cartoon band and the artists are behind the a screen I can see them pulling it off.

TheScenestar
04-22-2010, 06:28 PM
So where did they end up playing in Los Angeles?