PDA

View Full Version : Gorillaz vs. Sahara conflicts

lowfront
03-10-2010, 12:21 PM
Who agrees that club 75 and infected mushroom should be the sahara acts that conflict with Gorillaz?

First of all club 75 is not special and will be touring together EVERYWHERE for the next year. And if not, who really gives a fuck?

Infected mushroom is going to kill it and be great, but been there done that. They tour all the time.

Now Plastikman and orbital can't be missed for so many reasons.

And I don't want to hear any BS about another thread....I don't care lets discuss this. And for the ed banger lurkers in here, just fuck off, I don't want to hear about how club 75 is going to be the best act of the year.

malcolmjamalawesome
03-10-2010, 12:29 PM
How about you spell Gorillaz correctly if you want taken seriously you fuck

Grant
03-10-2010, 12:39 PM
I'm pretty sure he did, mja.

Tandemind
03-10-2010, 12:39 PM
So........ what are you suggesting exactly?

malcolmjamalawesome
03-10-2010, 12:41 PM
I'm pretty sure he did, mja.

Note the edited at the bottom of his post. So now I am pretty sure you are worthless.

malcolmjamalawesome
03-10-2010, 12:42 PM
So you don't want Orbital or Plastikman to conflict with Gorillaz. Great. Great thing for a new thread.

How about you be an adult and make a decision?

theresalwaysone
03-10-2010, 12:42 PM
I fully agree with this.

guest-1185
03-10-2010, 12:45 PM
Concur.

And I'm confident it won't be a problem.

HAMMERHEAD
03-10-2010, 12:53 PM
How about you spell Gorillaz correctly if you want taken seriously you fuck

uhh...how about you form a complete sentence?

grammar fail vs. spell fail

malcolmjamalawesome
03-10-2010, 12:56 PM
That's fine. Got any useless and duplicative conflict concerns you'd like to start a thread about, also?

HAMMERHEAD
03-10-2010, 12:58 PM
sure don't

lowfront
03-10-2010, 01:00 PM
It's the biggest conflict of the festival

malcolm you can go cry somewhere else, I don't see why you posted 5 times in a thread you don't agree with me even starting.

Leeartlee
03-10-2010, 01:03 PM
First of all club 75 is not special and will be touring together EVERYWHERE for the next year. And if not, who really gives a fuck?.

I like this part

juloxx
03-10-2010, 01:04 PM
I 100% disagree with the statement that Infected should conflict with Gorillaz.

I hope/dont care if Club 75 and/or Orbital do though

malcolmjamalawesome
03-10-2010, 01:05 PM

malcolm you can go cry somewhere else, I don't see why you posted 5 times in a thread you don't agree with me even starting.

Do you consider posting in a thread to constitute support of the thread?

amyzzz
03-10-2010, 01:06 PM
I agree with this. I need to see Orbital more than Infected Mushroom.

Gribbz
03-10-2010, 01:12 PM
Thank god we have a thread for this.

Leeartlee
03-10-2010, 01:16 PM
I'm just confused why club 75 and infected mushroom are underlined. Was that really necessary?

Drinkey McDrinkerstein
03-10-2010, 01:17 PM

Yes, that has been discussed ad nauseum in both the Gorillaz and Orbital threads, as well as many other locations of this board.

lowfront
03-10-2010, 01:17 PM
And I don't want to hear any BS about another thread....I don't care

Drinkey McDrinkerstein
03-10-2010, 01:19 PM
So why are you even replying to the people who are calling you out on your bullshit if you don't even want to play along?

Gribbz
03-10-2010, 01:20 PM
Quoting yourself certainly changes things.

malcolmjamalawesome
03-10-2010, 01:20 PM
Oh, so, because you insisted that the glaringly unnecessary nature of this thread not be discussed, you are now surprised that everyone hasn't heeded your warning?

I'm going to start a thread and say "Hey, everyone, doesn't Orbital suck? I don't want to hear from anyone about how Orbital doesn't suck because I don't care."

malcolmjamalawesome
03-10-2010, 01:23 PM
[insert image of lowfront pointing to chalkboard with "I don't want to hear any BS about another thread" written on it going "Hello, people?? Helloooooo?"]

Leeartlee
03-10-2010, 01:28 PM
Your "insert [blank] here" joke quota has been reached for the day, MJA

malcolmjamalawesome
03-10-2010, 01:29 PM
It wasn't planned that way. Something just got ahold of me.

Leeartlee
03-10-2010, 01:32 PM
How about a thread that says "Dear GV: Make the schedule so that I experience no conflicts or else!". Would that about cover it?

DFrank
03-10-2010, 01:33 PM
Um. Who cares.

malcolmjamalawesome
03-10-2010, 01:35 PM
You'll need to be more specific. There's a lot to not care about in this thread.

DFrank
03-10-2010, 01:38 PM
Ahem*

Who cares about Orbital is what i meant to say. Just not my thing apparently. Id like me some club75 instead.

Leeartlee
03-10-2010, 01:40 PM
You'll need to be more specific. There's a lot to not care about in this thread.

Um. Who cares.

Drinkey McDrinkerstein
03-10-2010, 01:58 PM
What exactly does "who cares" mean as a statement as opposed to a question?

IRSCOTT
03-10-2010, 02:01 PM
Does anyone else feel like It's dumb to dis on a group that simply because the gained to much popularity. I don't care how many kids pick it up and run with it. I listen to the music I like regardless of how many people like it or don't, Ed banger Included. Not saying there my first priority. Also I do feel coachella may have been over sturated with them the last couple years, but hey that was what was cool and fresh at the time. I personaly hope that Busy and the guy's bring something new and exciting.

Leeartlee
03-10-2010, 02:02 PM
What exactly does "who cares" mean as a statement as opposed to a question?

Fuck if I know. I copy/pasted Dfranks post. If I had to hazard a guess, I would say that the apathy of the statement was so severe that putting correct punctuation on the sentence was too much effort.

Drinkey McDrinkerstein
03-10-2010, 02:03 PM
I like the Ed Banger crew. It's fun dance music.

Leeartlee
03-10-2010, 02:04 PM
Does anyone else feel like It's dumb to dis on a group that simply because the gained to much popularity. I don't care how many kids pick it up and run with it. I listen to the music I like regardless of how many people like it or don't, Ed banger Included. Not saying there my first priority. Also I do feel coachella may have been over sturated with them the last couple years, but hey that was what was cool and fresh at the time. I personaly hope that Busy and the guy's bring something new and exciting.

That's not why I think they will suck. 6 people DJing together is fucking lame, plain and simple. I can barely tolerate tag teams.

(awaits inevitable sexual puns)

IRSCOTT
03-10-2010, 02:08 PM
My point Exactly, but the simple fact that somewere a middle school kid throws on some Nike Sb's and Kanye Shutter shades, listens to some justice, makes stuck up people who probally loved justice too at one point change face. Hey I thought Limp bizcuit was the shit in highshool, doesn't mean there cool now but I can listen to some 3 dolla bill when i get the urge.

malcolmjamalawesome
03-10-2010, 02:09 PM
My point Exactly, but the simple fact that somewere a middle school kid throws on some Nike Sb's and Kanye Shutter shades, listens to some justice, makes stuck up people who probally loved justice too at one point change face. Hey I thought Limp bizcuit was the shit in highshool, doesn't mean there cool now but I can listen to some 3 dolla bill when i get the urge.

You are the worst.

Devin the Dude
03-10-2010, 02:10 PM
I'd be stoked for an Orbital/Mushroom conflict with Gorillaz. Club 75 is actually pretty decent as far as the Mixmag Zdar thing implies.

IRSCOTT
03-10-2010, 02:11 PM
That's not why I think they will suck. 6 people DJing together is fucking lame, plain and simple. I can barely tolerate tag teams.

(awaits inevitable sexual puns)

valid but your not the demographic I'm stero typing then =)
rather your making a decsion based on your musical prefrnce!!!

IRSCOTT
03-10-2010, 02:14 PM
You are the worst.

malcom meet the real worst
http://mixtapeshow.net/wp-content/souljaboy.jpg
I'll be ok with second

bluemamba
03-10-2010, 02:15 PM
You are the worst.

qft

kuuguy
03-10-2010, 02:42 PM
I'm down/hoping for the said conflict: Gorillaz vs. Club 75 or Infected Mushroom (preferably since they are plenty of opps to see them usually)

Leeartlee
03-10-2010, 02:46 PM
"opps". Okay, I am all for abbreviations, but that is just fucking retarded

digitaldragon03
03-10-2010, 02:50 PM
Club 75 is gonna be a hell of a lot more fun than Infected Mushroom. I hope its a direct Gorillaz-Infected Mushroom conflict.

Leeartlee
03-10-2010, 02:52 PM
I thought it was implied Infected Mushroom blew donkey dick. So yes, that would be an ideal conflict. Won't happen, but it'd be nice

digitaldragon03
03-10-2010, 02:56 PM
Made a poll to settle this.

http://coachella.com/forum/showthread.php?t=37748

juloxx
03-10-2010, 02:56 PM

As bad as it gets

Club 75 is gonna be a hell of a lot more fun than Infected Mushroom. I hope its a direct Gorillaz-Infected Mushroom conflict.

Not even. IM is going to be the most energetic show at Coachella.

Edit: I am about to get torn apart

DFrank
03-10-2010, 03:01 PM

How is this any different if they each had different sets one after another?
"Aww man they just switched a dj for another, this is lame!"

IRSCOTT
03-10-2010, 03:18 PM
Dfrank that was post 666 oOooOO!
Maybe if here bad dj's switching they wouldn't be able to get a good flow going but a that is not the case here who knows.

oddlyenough
03-10-2010, 03:21 PM
Not even. IM is going to be the most energetic show at Coachella.

Edit: I am about to get torn apart
http://itodyaso.files.wordpress.com/2009/06/incoming.jpg

Drinkey McDrinkerstein
03-10-2010, 03:27 PM
"opps". Okay, I am all for abbreviations, but that is just fucking retarded

How is it retarded? Unlike a lot of other recent abbreviations, it actually abbreviates nearly the entire word and you still understand exactly what is being said.

So please, explain why it is "just fucking retarded."

Leeartlee
03-10-2010, 03:58 PM
Sure, I'll explain my reasoning. Have you used the word "opps" in place of "opportunity" when speaking with someone? If so, that is retarded. It's one thing to use "r" in place of "are" in typed form, but since there was no other abbreviations used in that sentence, it didn't mesh well. Hence, I found it retarded.

Satisfied?

Drinkey McDrinkerstein
03-10-2010, 03:59 PM
Sure, I'll explain my reasoning. Have you used the word "opps" in place of "opportunity" when speaking with someone? If so, that is retarded. It's one thing to use "r" in place of "are" in typed form, but since there was no other abbreviations used in that sentence, it didn't mesh well. Hence, I found it retarded.

Satisfied?

Not really, because i don't use any abbreviations besides contractions in everyday speak. What's retarded to comparing shorthand to oral conversation to make a point.

Leeartlee
03-10-2010, 04:03 PM
You missed the point. I was illustrating that it read as "opps" instead of "opportunity". It was an awkward abbreviation and was completely unnecessary.

Drinkey McDrinkerstein
03-10-2010, 04:09 PM
Yet you understood what he was trying to say.

Leeartlee
03-10-2010, 04:21 PM
Jesus, are you acting dense on purp or what? This convo tween us is fuckin' death.

malcolmjamalawesome
03-10-2010, 04:41 PM
http://coachella.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35455

What a dick.

Media Blitz
03-10-2010, 04:50 PM
Do people really care this much about watching a cartoon screen for 2 hours? I wouldn't want to watch that if my favorite band was behind it.

shermanoaksyo
03-10-2010, 05:00 PM
I will probably split time between Gorillaz & another stage as PB is vaguely meh

cuauhtemoc723
03-10-2010, 05:10 PM
i'm pretty sure orbital will go on after gorillaz's set is over. just like daft punk went on after depeche mode. and like justice went on after roger waters. perhaps a 5 minute conflict, od the time it takes you to get to the sahara from the main stage - whateves. missing a few minutes here and there is inevitable (unless you stick around in the same stage - but that's wasted precious time!).

Leeartlee
03-10-2010, 05:14 PM
For an in depth look at this topic, look no further than here

http://www.coachella.com/forum/showthread.php?t=36065

TheGunner'sDream
03-10-2010, 05:23 PM
I'll be ok with second

Whos is this?? Julooxx??

ADrunkPoet
03-10-2010, 05:29 PM
There is no such thing as a potential conflict with Infected Mushroom, since they have been garbage for the past four years.

redthreat
03-10-2010, 05:43 PM
There is no such thing as a potential conflict with Infected Mushroom, since they have been garbage for the past four years.

sounds about right

redthreat
03-10-2010, 05:43 PM
has anyone here actually seen gorillaz live?

hobomilitia
03-10-2010, 06:53 PM
i'm pretty sure orbital will go on after gorillaz's set is over. just like daft punk went on after depeche mode. and like justice went on after roger waters. perhaps a 5 minute conflict, od the time it takes you to get to the sahara from the main stage - whateves. missing a few minutes here and there is inevitable (unless you stick around in the same stage - but that's wasted precious time!).

this seems unlikely considering there are a lot of bands that could definitely play the mainstage on sunday (pavement, thom yorke, phoenix, and obviously Gorillaz just to name a few), so I would expect the main stage to be full up until the end.

note that I am italicizing could. I'm not saying these bands are going to play the main stage, but they are certainly capable of getting people in front of the main stage in the evening.

Coachella Bound
03-11-2010, 09:03 AM
do not miss the Gorillaz..... it will be by far the dumbest decision of ur entire life. Only thing that should even be considered is Plastikman, but ive the feeling thats who will be closing out the sahara, go on 3/4 into the Gorillaz set.....

everyone else, worth missing.

Leeartlee
03-11-2010, 09:59 AM
everyone else, worth missing.

Blasphemy!

IRSCOTT
03-11-2010, 03:28 PM
Whos is this?? Julooxx??

Soulja Boy lol I hate that shit. even more so for sticking in your head unwanted... watch me crank it watch me roll GAHHH!!

redthreat
03-11-2010, 03:40 PM
i'll ask again because i'm not getting any answers.

has ANYONE (all of you people saying how AWESOME and life changing this will be) every ACTUALLY SEEN gorillaz live? or are you all just speculative/full of shit.

juloxx
03-11-2010, 03:41 PM
Soulja Boy lol I hate that shit. even more so for sticking in your head unwanted... watch me crank it watch me roll GAHHH!!

America literally dropped its average IQ by 15 points when Soulja Boy came into the picture

Coachella Bound
03-11-2010, 05:47 PM
i'll ask again because i'm not getting any answers.

has ANYONE (all of you people saying how AWESOME and life changing this will be) every ACTUALLY SEEN gorillaz live? or are you all just speculative/full of shit.

yes there are a few people on the boards who have, i unfortunetly am not one of them... yet.

The storys are true, there were hollograms at one time.. in the begining. But the production costs were ginourmous. The tour was more so of a watered dwn version. I believe the full presentation of it was actually only done two times. Del has still yet to perform w/ the Gorillaz to this day.....

Now onto Demon Days, more specifically the dvd.... if u have never had the opportunity to watch this beautifull little piece then i suggest you order it, borrrow it, steal it... dont matter, bottom line watch it. It truely changed my entire perspective of the Gorillaz on a whole. I too was a nay sayer of sorts, always truely respecting their music. But Damon is a perfectionist and hes damn good at it. Not to mention his ability to collaborate w/ any artist in any genre of music. And to basically have them all there for the tour... 10 shows total. 5 in New York and 5 in the U.K.... and thats it....

now 5 years after Demon Days, and 9 years since Gorillaz.... they return. And if the performance is anything like the album, then expect a masterpiece like something youve never seen.... they will be infact doing more then just the new album. The collaborations rumors are off the chart. De La, Mos Def, Snoop, Little Dragon, and thats just off this album. Gimme some Dennis Hopper!

WhatLies
03-12-2010, 05:14 AM

Hmm I agree that the gorillaz and orbital will not conflict, however, i disagree with you that orbital will close.

Considering that orbital will probably demand a 90 minute set, and the fact that a reunion act that has NEVER played coachella before (correct me if im wrong) we can assume that orbital and the gorillaz will not conflict.

I believe that plastikman will end up being the sahara closer. Think about it, he is one of the only REAL live electronic artists, so the time and preparation for his set is going to take a long ass time. We also are assuming that goldenvoice is going to try to minimize conflicts but at the same time be most efficient with time. Thus, given these assumptions it would make the most sense for Richie to play from 11- close.

Now we also have to consider that out of orbital, plastikman, infected mushroom, and club 75, club is the only dj set out of the bunch. I'm not an expert in the field, but I believe it'd be possible for Richie to work on his set up while club 75 buys time by performing their dj set. So this is how I see sunday night working out...

Rusko gets the 6:00- 6:50 slot
Infected gets the 7:20-815 slot (they'll need a decent amount of time to set up)
Orbital plays 8:30-10:00
Club 75 10:10-11:00
Plastikman 11:00-close

The gorillaz will probably start at 10:00.

juloxx
03-12-2010, 06:45 AM
^^^ I will be glad if thats the way it works out

lowfront
03-12-2010, 07:51 AM
Infected gets the 7:20-815 slot (they'll need a decent amount of time to set up)

Thats perfect but I think they will let Plastikman start at midnight and go till 1

Leeartlee
03-12-2010, 07:56 AM
Beeeeeeeeeeeeep!

Wrong answer

amyzzz
03-12-2010, 08:58 AM
Oh noez! I want orbital to close!

Coachella Bound
03-12-2010, 10:31 AM
you know what would really work for all this....

Orbital - 8:30 - 9:20 (Sahara)
Atoms For Peace - 9:00 - 10:00 (Main)
Club 75 - 9:30 - 11:15 (Sahara)
Gorillaz - 10:30 (Main)
Plastikman - 11:30 (Sahara)

Leeartlee
03-12-2010, 10:54 AM
I don't remember the pattern on this but when is the earliest the top billed Sahara act has gone on?

Coachella Bound
03-12-2010, 10:57 AM
I don't remember the pattern on this but when is the earliest the top billed Sahara act has gone on?

prob somewhere around 11:10, 11:20

it could be moved back a little obviously...

Leeartlee
03-12-2010, 11:07 AM
So this would be a first for GV? Hmmm, I think we are fucked

Coachella Bound
03-12-2010, 11:22 AM
and take this into consideration as well...

the last two years, sunday night.

Justice goes on during Waters and closes out the fest

Etienne goes on during the Cure, finishes... the Cure is still playing.

Im almost certin Plastikman is going to finish things off though this year. Gorillaz will have a long enough set.

ArcticMuse
03-12-2010, 11:41 AM

Club 75 conflicting w Gorillaz at the exact same time..... i hope not, that would really suck. It takes 10 mins just to run from the sahara tent to the main stage.

amyzzz
03-12-2010, 11:49 AM
I wish someone from gorillaz or orbital would throw us a set time bone.

Leeartlee
03-12-2010, 11:52 AM
I've emailed Orbital's.... guy a couple of times. Still waiting on it.

Drinkey McDrinkerstein
03-12-2010, 11:55 AM
you know what would really work for all this....

Orbital - 8:30 - 9:20 (Sahara)
Atoms For Peace - 9:00 - 10:00 (Main)
Club 75 - 9:30 - 11:15 (Sahara)
Gorillaz - 10:30 (Main)
Plastikman - 11:30 (Sahara)

i would be PISSED if they gave Orbital 50 minutes and Club75 and hour and 45 minutes

...that just doesn't make sense

I do like the idea of orbital going on earlier though

Leeartlee
03-12-2010, 11:58 AM
We might "like" the idea, but isn't the question "Will it happen"? 8:30 seems a bit early for the headlining Sahara act, right? I mean, has that ever happened?

amyzzz
03-12-2010, 11:59 AM
I'm sooooooo anxious!

malcolmjamalawesome
03-12-2010, 12:07 PM
Infected Mushroom closed the Sahara on Sunday 2007 and they were nowhere near the top billed Sahara act on the lineup.

There is no rhyme or reason to the Sahara and when people play for the most part.

Drinkey McDrinkerstein
03-12-2010, 12:07 PM
We might "like" the idea, but isn't the question "Will it happen"? 8:30 seems a bit early for the headlining Sahara act, right? I mean, has that ever happened?

I'm not sure...it would be interesting if they could put them on at 8:30 and give them a 90-minute of even 2-hour set because they're so rare, and then end right as gorillaz start...fuck

that sounds so good that it has to be impossible

Leeartlee
03-12-2010, 12:08 PM
That's not what I asked, MJA. I asked when is the latest the top billed act for the Sahara has gone on. I'm not saying they need to go on last but has anyone gone on that early?

CellarOwl
03-12-2010, 12:09 PM
Club 75 conflicting w Gorillaz at the exact same time..... i hope not, that would really suck. It takes 10 mins just to run from the sahara tent to the main stage.

Maybe if you're fat fuck it does.

malcolmjamalawesome
03-12-2010, 12:10 PM
That's not what I asked, MJA. I asked when is the latest the top billed act for the Sahara has gone on. I'm not saying they need to go on last but has anyone gone on that early?

I wasn't really responding to anything you said. I'm more saying that, generally, the poster is not a good indicator of who is going to play when in the Sahara.

Leeartlee
03-12-2010, 12:47 PM
I wasn't really responding to anything you said. I'm more saying that, generally, the poster is not a good indicator of who is going to play when in the Sahara.

Fair enough and in general you're right; the poster doesn't decide who will play when in the Sahara. It can be a free-for-all. But I haven't heard compelling evidence about the headliners yet (clumsy, where are you with your poster vs set time insight?)

WhyTheLongFace
03-12-2010, 12:51 PM
Chem Bros went on at 930 last year
Girl Talk went on at 9 last year
& Groove Armanda (the headliner) went on at 930

So its safe to assume Orbital at 9 or 930 :)

im so indie
03-12-2010, 12:53 PM
http://www.mtv.co.uk/artists/gorillaz/news/198947-gorillaz-announce-warm-up-dates

malcolmjamalawesome
03-12-2010, 12:53 PM
I think we'd have to all be complete assholes if we didn't think Orbital/Plastikman in either order are going to have some substantial degree of overlap with Gorillaz.

So be an adult and make a choice.

Leeartlee
03-12-2010, 12:54 PM
http://www.mtv.co.uk/artists/gorillaz/news/198947-gorillaz-announce-warm-up-dates

Well that's good news. At least we will know what's in store for us before they hit our shores.

Leeartlee
03-12-2010, 12:56 PM

So its safe to assume Orbital at 9 or 930 :)

Thanks for getting that info. So 8:30 would be a buck from last years trend, anyways.

Drinkey McDrinkerstein
03-12-2010, 12:59 PM
i would be happy seeing a substantial part of Orbital and a half-set of Gorillaz

WhyTheLongFace
03-12-2010, 01:02 PM
I think you will be able to see both. Orbital will most likely go early

malcolmjamalawesome
03-12-2010, 01:05 PM
I think you will be able to see both. Orbital will most likely go early

What are you basing this statement on

Monklish
03-12-2010, 01:24 PM
Main stage headliners rarely start much later than 9.

Gorillaz 9-11 at the latest.

Orbital 10:45 or 11 til close.

Plastikman opposite Pavement.

Oh damn, look at all that win. How are you all so dumb?

amyzzz
03-12-2010, 01:27 PM
I want to see as much of Gorillaz as possible at this point. Glow war be damned.

malcolmjamalawesome
03-12-2010, 01:29 PM
Main stage headliners rarely start much later than 9.

http://coachella.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24507

MOST main stage headliners start after 9. KABOOM.

malcolmjamalawesome
03-12-2010, 01:31 PM
Then you are completely correct.

Monklish
03-12-2010, 01:31 PM
I went ahead and deleted that because it was wholly incorrect, so now you look foolish.

malcolmjamalawesome
03-12-2010, 01:32 PM
This is dreadful.

Monklish
03-12-2010, 01:33 PM
That made me laugh.

Alright so it goes one of these two ways--either Gorillaz finishes a little early and Orbital partially overlaps and finishes it out, or Orbital plays during Pavement.

amyzzz
03-12-2010, 01:34 PM
Roger Waters was 8:30. The only exception to the rule I see.

malcolmjamalawesome
03-12-2010, 01:34 PM
Roger Waters was 8:30. The only exception to the rule I see.

The exception to what rule?

Monklish
03-12-2010, 01:35 PM
RHCP in 07. None of these are really proper representatives. I admit my mistake and don't know where I got that idea.

WhyTheLongFace
03-12-2010, 01:44 PM
What are you basing this statement on

amyzzz
03-12-2010, 01:49 PM
The exception to what rule?

The headliners-starting-at-9-or-later rule. Wasn't that what you said?

Leeartlee
03-12-2010, 01:50 PM
The headliners-starting-at-9-or-later rule. Wasn't that what you said?

lulz

nbvcide
03-12-2010, 06:00 PM
Main / Sahara:
n/a _/_ Orbital 11:30pm-1am
Gorillaz 10-11:30 / Club75 9:30-11:30pm
Pavement 8:30-9:30pm / Infected Mushroom 8:30-9:30pm
Thom Yorke 7-8pm / Plastikman 7-8:30pm
??? / Rusko 6-7
??? / Glitch Mob 5-6

lowfront
03-12-2010, 08:59 PM
Main / Sahara:
n/a _/_ Orbital 11:30pm-1am
Gorillaz 10-11:30 / Club75 9:30-11:30pm
Pavement 8:30-9:30pm / Infected Mushroom 8:30-9:30pm
Thom Yorke 7-8pm / Plastikman 7-8:30pm
??? / Rusko 6-7
??? / Glitch Mob 5-6

I read Plastikman is only going to be an hour set right, assume will be a later spot then 7pm

but this looks good...

Club 75 vs. Gorrilaz is the only thing that makes sense.....

GnarVee
03-12-2010, 09:19 PM
Club 75 vs. Gorrilaz is the only thing that makes sense.....

RAYTARDEDED

TOTALLLY NOT HAPPN BRO

lowfront
03-12-2010, 09:22 PM
RAYTARDEDED

TOTALLLY NOT HAPPN BRO

No one gives a fuck about seeing busy p and his party bus full of dj's......

ITS GETTING OLD BRO

guest-1185
03-12-2010, 09:44 PM
Orbital are going to play 90 minutes, guaranteed. I can see them getting billed 11-close ala Justice and festival organizers just letting them go.

Coachella Bound
03-13-2010, 01:08 AM
i would be PISSED if they gave Orbital 50 minutes and Club75 and hour and 45 minutes

...that just doesn't make sense

I do like the idea of orbital going on earlier though

CLUB 75 = 6 djs..... gunna be a long set

Club 75 is conflicting w/ only half of the set...

That made me laugh.

Alright so it goes one of these two ways--either Gorillaz finishes a little early and Orbital partially overlaps and finishes it out, or Orbital plays during Pavement.

hey retardo!

Drinkey McDrinkerstein
03-13-2010, 02:40 AM
CLUB 75 = 6 djs..... gunna be a long set

it's a collaborative project though, right? it's billed as one name.

Are people expecting them all to have individual sets? If it's billed as one project, that's kind of a stupid expectation.

Coachella Bound
03-13-2010, 10:11 AM
it's a collaborative project though, right? it's billed as one name.

Are people expecting them all to have individual sets? If it's billed as one project, that's kind of a stupid expectation.

not saying theyre going to have individual sets, but some shows/partys ive seen them billed for consist of extremely long sets. One i believe was 6 hours.

I doubt theyd have any less than an hour and 45.

lowfront
03-13-2010, 11:09 AM
hopefully 1.5 hours during gorillaz

Leeartlee
03-13-2010, 11:58 AM
Back in Sunday prediction thread, it's being proposed that IM, Orbital, and Plastikman are all playing one after another. Now that I think about it, doesn't it make sense for Club 75 to play between at least on of these acts to break up the live act sequence? Or is that not how it works... (I have a bad memory for how these things have worked in the past)

Drinkey McDrinkerstein
03-13-2010, 12:13 PM
i guess it depends on how many live acts there are...but I don't think there's really a formula

Lasy year Friday had an irrgularly large number of live sets versus dj sets and the end of the day went ting tings -> crystal castles -> ghostland observatory -> girl talk -> presets -> crystal method

BrettShipes
03-13-2010, 12:32 PM
Without knowing the technical setup times or the total set times of each artist, something like this might work.

Gorillaz: 900-
Pavement: 730-830
Thom Yorke: 615-705

Orbital: 1045-
Club75: 9-1030
Plastikman: 8-9
Infected Mushroom: 645-745

guest-1185
03-13-2010, 12:34 PM
^
Looks about right to me.

clumsy342
03-13-2010, 12:49 PM
that's not bad.. except for Thom Yorke at 6:15.
Last year Franz Ferdinand and Yeah Yeah Yeahs went on between 6:15 and 6:30.
.. But Thom Yorke is definitely NOT YYYs or Franz Ferdinand.

If it were someone like Vampire Weekend or MGMT as the second subheadliner this day, then I'd be mush more inclined to agree. But I severely doubt they'll put Yorke that early.

(you all do know who Thom Yorke is, right?)

Aurgasm
03-13-2010, 12:49 PM
^
Looks about right to me.

im glad plastikman is touring this shit bc i'm almost certainly going to miss him at coach

thewindowliquor
03-13-2010, 01:03 PM
I'd like to see all of Gorillaz, all of Orbital and all of Jonsi. If you could make that happen, I'd appreciate it. K? Thanks.

CellarOwl
03-13-2010, 01:03 PM
Without knowing the technical setup times or the total set times of each artist, something like this might work.

Gorillaz: 900-
Pavement: 730-830
Thom Yorke: 615-705

Orbital: 1045-
Club75: 9-1030
Plastikman: 8-9
Infected Mushroom: 645-745

This seems roughly about right, but I could imagine the set times running about 30 minutes later on the main. I just hope Gary Numan's set collides with Pavement's and neither of the other artists on the main.

BrettShipes
03-13-2010, 01:06 PM
Here's my reasoning:
It's Sunday night, they may (key word there, MAY) want to close down main stage around 11 or so and start getting people out of the venue. Putting Gorillaz at 9ish gives them a nice long set in order to do that. Unless Thom plays around 7 on the outdoor, I don't see a way around having him that early. Unless you then have a bigger Gorillaz/Orbital overlap, which would irk me more than an early Thom set. (Yes, I do know who he is.)

BrettShipes
03-13-2010, 01:08 PM
This seems roughly about right, but I could imagine the set times running about 30 minutes later on the main. I just hope Gary Numan's set collides with Pavement's and neither of the other artists on the main.

30 minutes later might work out, I think we could live with that.

WhyTheLongFace
03-13-2010, 01:09 PM
Here's my reasoning:
It's Sunday night, they may (key word there, MAY) want to close down main stage around 11 or so and start getting people out of the venue. Putting Gorillaz at 9ish gives them a nice long set in order to do that. Unless Thom plays around 7 on the outdoor, I don't see a way around having him that early. Unless you then have a bigger Gorillaz/Orbital overlap, which would irk me more than an early Thom set. (Yes, I do know who he is.)

Thom Yorke doesn't care what irks you

thewindowliquor
03-13-2010, 01:11 PM
Here's my reasoning:
It's Sunday night, they may (key word there, MAY) want to close down main stage around 11 or so and start getting people out of the venue.

Why would they do this? It has never been done before. That just doesn't make any sense whatsoever.

"I know, lets get people out of the venue faster so they can buy their bottled water at a gas station."

"Good plan, bro."

Gribbz
03-13-2010, 01:11 PM
I'm expecting Gorillaz and Orbital to overlap at least a little.

Drinkey McDrinkerstein
03-13-2010, 01:14 PM
if there is 20 or even 30 minutes of overlap i am fine. it's their entire sets colliding that was worrying me.

Monklish
03-13-2010, 01:16 PM
Considering that they never, ever have Sahara and main stage headliners directly conflict except in the case of 2.5 hour sets, I really doubt any of you have to worry about that and I WISH YOU'D SHUT THE FUCK UP ABOUT IT.

guest-1185
03-13-2010, 01:28 PM
that's not bad.. except for Thom Yorke at 6:15.
Last year Franz Ferdinand and Yeah Yeah Yeahs went on between 6:15 and 6:30.
.. But Thom Yorke is definitely NOT YYYs or Franz Ferdinand.

If it were someone like Vampire Weekend or MGMT as the second subheadliner this day, then I'd be mush more inclined to agree. But I severely doubt they'll put Yorke that early.

(you all do know who Thom Yorke is, right?)
Naw, his billing is a testament to the strength of the lineup, not a suggestion that he's comparable to any specific performer from years past. For example, if the top three bands on Sunday were Bowie, Talking Heads and The Smiths, The Smiths would still be playing around sunset.

crazzz2007
03-13-2010, 01:40 PM

shut the fuck up.

if you take 5 logs of shit, and put them them together, you still have shit. understand now?

Monklish
03-13-2010, 01:43 PM
Naw, his billing is a testament to the strength of the lineup, not a suggestion that he's comparable to any specific performer from years past. For example, if the top three bands on Sunday were Bowie, Talking Heads and The Smiths, The Smiths would still be playing around sunset.

6:15 is not a sunset slot, as demonstrated by The Black Keys and YYYs last year. 7 or so is a sunset slot, as demonstrated by YYYs in 06.

crazzz2007
03-13-2010, 01:52 PM
ok i just finished reading this thread. i've never seen so many "talking-out-of your-ass" comments in so few pages before.

BrettShipes
03-13-2010, 01:57 PM
Why would they do this? It has never been done before. That just doesn't make any sense whatsoever.

"I know, lets get people out of the venue faster so they can buy their bottled water at a gas station."

"Good plan, bro."

Roger Waters.

Monklish
03-13-2010, 02:01 PM
Roger Waters.

That was so that Justice could play unopposed, not so they could usher people out, dipshit.

BrettShipes
03-13-2010, 02:09 PM
Right. As a result, you had the people not interested in Justice that night, and there were plenty of them, leaving earlier than the Justice crowd so you don't have everyone leaving all at once.

Monklish
03-13-2010, 02:22 PM
Right. So based on that one anomaly due to a special performance that was being synced up with the spotlights, you think they're just going to close down early to get everyone out of there and lose money. Good call, you dumb fuck.

Monklish
03-13-2010, 02:22 PM
Personally I think this year they're going to shut the whole thing down at around 9 pm Sunday for absolutely no reason just to cheat themselves out of profits.

BrettShipes
03-13-2010, 02:47 PM
That sounds good, by 9pm Sunday they have all my money anyway.

Coachella Bound
03-14-2010, 02:26 PM
Here's my reasoning:

your an idiot.... they had to cut the power on the Cure this past year. Not even close to ending at 11

Considering that they never, ever have Sahara and main stage headliners directly conflict except in the case of 2.5 hour sets, I really doubt any of you have to worry about that and I WISH YOU'D SHUT THE FUCK UP ABOUT IT.

before i blast u a new asshole.... what 2.5 are u talking about? Last years main and Sahara acts directly conflicted sunday night.

WhyTheLongFace
03-14-2010, 08:58 PM
your an idiot.... they had to cut the power on the Cure this past year. Not even close to ending at 11

before i blast u a new asshole.... what 2.5 are u talking about? Last years main and Sahara acts directly conflicted sunday night.

And the Cure has a 2.5 hour set ;-)

BrettShipes
03-14-2010, 09:00 PM

I know, I was there. The point is to NOT have Gorillaz play through the Sahara closer. Thanks anyway.

heyeric
03-14-2010, 09:52 PM
shutting the main off at 11? great suggestion but horrible at best. gorillaz have not played a full live show since back in 2006 sometime at the brit awards? correct me if im wrong? i would hope they really make a statement with the new album just being released and drop plenty of old tracks. PLENTYYY!

let it be infected and club 75. infected is not played out, but they've had their share and i can go to an ed banger party in la, as can anyone else that lives anywhere in the world! because they are always together...in some sort of crazy fucked up way. i see a great dim mak night coming up in april before or after the festival! lol

*word to uffieeee tomorrow!

WhyTheLongFace
03-14-2010, 09:53 PM
Why do all these people say it's so easy to see Ed Banger Crew? I mean yeah Busy P is at Coachella every year but where are these underground LA Ed Banger parties that I am not attending?!?! >_<

heyeric
03-14-2010, 10:58 PM
Why do all these people say it's so easy to see Ed Banger Crew? I mean yeah Busy P is at Coachella every year but where are these underground LA Ed Banger parties that I am not attending?!?! >_<

every time i've seen someone signed to ed banger perform a more exclusive set they've given up the decks for someone else on the label to spin. it's a given, where 1's booked to be, theirs at least 3 showing up. kinda like club 75, they're just grabbing reputable names from the label. makes for a great party! and wonderfully marketable. i'll prob stop by to see if the crowds into it, they'll make or break the show for um. cant miss to much gorillaz.

and if you live in la? just go to cinespace the tuesday after coachella. you'll be glad you skipped the entire club 75 set, or some of it? haha. that will make up for it.

Coachella Bound
03-15-2010, 05:46 AM
And the Cure has a 2.5 hour set ;-)

more like 3, and Roger had 2.5 as well, and thats just the last two years... so that was more what my question was wrapped around.

I know, I was there. The point is to NOT have Gorillaz play through the Sahara closer. Thanks anyway.

the point is 11? Gorillaz what w/ the rarity of the performance and the fresh release of Plastic Beach should play all three albums, and u want them to stop early for what reason, the Sahara Tent? Because u wanna get to your car before everyone else?

Main and Sahara are going to overlap, whatever they seem to do. Thats why i say Orbital<Club 75<Plastikman

Plastikman is scheduled to have a shorter set, Club plays the longest (a. to kill time for the Gorillaz and b. because theres 6 of them), and then Plastik w/ some ground breaking visual performance to end the evening.

Gorillaz play 2.5 from 930 - 12. if they want to go over they go over, if you want to go dance go dance, and if you want to go home go home....

Coachella Bound
03-15-2010, 06:02 AM
Oh and one more thing.....

ONE MONTH COUNTDOWN!!!!!!

DFrank
03-15-2010, 06:28 AM
Just curious, if Gorillaz have a 2.5 hour set will you be heading to the Sahara at any point for either Orbital/Plastikman/Club75?

Coachella Bound
03-15-2010, 03:35 PM
Just curious, if Gorillaz have a 2.5 hour set will you be heading to the Sahara at any point for either Orbital/Plastikman/Club75?

honestly it all depends... if the Gorillaz have a situation like this past year, where the Cure started their set before Etienne and still managed to finish after him... then no, i will not leave their set. Which would suck because i really want to see Plastikman and Orbital, Club 75.... not so much.

But if its like the Roger Waters/Justice year, then yeah ill most deff be heading over to catch whats going on.

thedevious
03-16-2010, 02:29 AM

This.

I'm happy as long as Orbital or Club 75 close it out.

Just a reminder, Club 75 = Cassius. Even if they just DJ'ing I'm still pretty fuckin' excited.

amyzzz
03-16-2010, 06:34 AM
I want Orbital to close, but I'll take Gorillaz closing if I get to see both bands with no conflicts.

Leeartlee
03-16-2010, 07:34 AM
Just a reminder, Club 75 = Cassius. Even if they just DJ'ing I'm still pretty fuckin' excited.

Yeah, that's what I was saying. Fuck those other idiots, fucking Cassius seriously rock.