PDA

View Full Version : With the exception of Kanye and Prince...?

fiopadp7791
03-03-2010, 04:53 PM
...who were the latest of the last-minute adds in past years festivals? And how late into March/April were they added?

I just assumed Prince and Kanye were added as late as they were because of who they were. But beyond them, has anyone else been added after April 1, even mid-March? Madonna comes to mind maybe?

I'm just curious to expect anymore adds or not.

PagodasPinkPants
03-03-2010, 04:55 PM
MIA was added last year after Amy went off the deep end. That was mid to late March.

moomoo
03-03-2010, 05:24 PM
Last year on March 9th they announced addition of Etienne de Crecy and Chemical Brothers DJ set through the Coachella digital magazine.. There were a couple more adds that I can't remember.

zimmy1222
03-03-2010, 05:45 PM
...Kanye were added as late as they were because of who they were....

Who the fuck is Kanye? don't give that douchebag credit for anything except hiring the right people to make his shit appealing to the mainstream

gaypalmsprings
03-03-2010, 06:20 PM
http://allfunny.net/pics2/kanyewestlol/11.jpg

profchaos
03-03-2010, 06:37 PM
Who the fuck is Kanye? don't give that douchebag credit for anything except hiring the right people to make his shit appealing to the mainstream

Ya fuck commerce.... haha fucking hipsters.... Kanye has had a couple very good albums.

fiopadp7791
03-03-2010, 09:33 PM

Regardless of what people think of him, my point is he's famous enough to get a very last-minute add like he did in '06. He was touring with Common that year, and since Common was booked to play Coachella, Kanye was added on the week of the 'fest. And that year the dude had a top-selling album. He was at the peak of his popularity at that point.

corbo
03-03-2010, 09:37 PM
Ya fuck commerce.... haha fucking hipsters.... Kanye has had a couple very good albums.

yeah hes also a good producer.
i hate him as a person...but cant deny the asshole has SOME talent.
fucking hipsters

fiopadp7791
03-03-2010, 09:47 PM
yeah hes also a good producer.
i hate him as a person...but cant deny the asshole has SOME talent.
fucking hipsters

Kanye the rapper/producer- Unbelievably talented.

Kanye the singer- yuck

anonimouse
03-03-2010, 10:32 PM
beck in '04

solo acoustic set in the mojave mid day. could barely get NEAR the fucking tent let alone in, so you couldnt hear a damn thing thanks to the sahara.

we came, saw him from the very very back, gave up and went to watch something else