9PM - 4AM
Hollywood Palladium

http://www.hardfest.com/images/2009/Oct/HNYE09_OG_550.jpg

http://www.hardfest.com/images/2009/Nov/HNYE_web_486.jpg

Get yo tix here:
http://fla.vor.us/wafform.aspx?_act=eventview&_pky=63348

Devin the Dude
10-26-2009, 04:53 PM
buying tixx in a few days. love you Boys Noize, not worth skipping you to see Bassnecta in Frisco. <33

ELECtROjan
10-28-2009, 09:02 AM
im waitin on the other artists. Unfortunately no on Fake Blood and Proxy. Expect Boy8Bit, Shadow Dancer, etc.

Devin the Dude
10-28-2009, 09:04 AM
don't care about the rest of the lineup. Boys Noize for the countdown and a 2 hr. set is enough for me. and you know it's good enough for you too.. ;]

WhyTheLongFace
10-28-2009, 09:04 AM
The extra guests will have to be amazing for me to go to an all ages event on my 1st 21st NYE

Devin the Dude
10-28-2009, 09:09 AM
good point kiddo..

nbvcide
10-28-2009, 01:56 PM
im waitin on the other artists. Unfortunately no on Fake Blood and Proxy.

that's about the only thing that would change my mind about doing Sea of Dreams instead.. unless i see the best dubstep lineup in all of human history within driving distance of here..

are either of them booked anywhere else that night yet?

trancehiphop
10-28-2009, 04:01 PM
yeah i have no idea why theyre going all ages with this thing, i'm almost 100% sure they wouldve been able to get away with 21+ or at least 18+ SMH!

ficklecycle
10-28-2009, 05:26 PM
At least 18+ woulda been good. But seriously, this is going to be good because its not at some HUGE arena. Have a feeling it'll sell out fast though.

ELECtROjan
10-28-2009, 07:19 PM
that's about the only thing that would change my mind about doing Sea of Dreams instead.. unless i see the best dubstep lineup in all of human history within driving distance of here..

are either of them booked anywhere else that night yet?

Tom told me no on Fake Blood bc hes booked and no on Proxy bc visa issues are still there. this was a while back tho....

nbvcide
10-28-2009, 08:43 PM
Tom told me no on Fake Blood bc hes booked and no on Proxy bc visa issues are still there. this was a while back tho....

i thought this was when you asked them about halloween?

ELECtROjan
10-28-2009, 09:36 PM
I asked Gary about Halloween a while back at Discotheque and he said the thing about Proxy. After they announced this I talked to Tom and he continued the story about Proxy and said Fake Blood was booked

ficklecycle
10-28-2009, 09:49 PM
We really do need to get Proxy to the west coast.

Botrocker
10-28-2009, 10:07 PM
We really do need to get Proxy to the west coast.

Asap!

heyeric
10-29-2009, 08:14 AM
hmmm....

a-trak,mehdi,destruco...

R41N570RM
10-29-2009, 08:31 AM
hmmm....

a-trak,mehdi,destruco...

Correct, HARD's twitter has just put out a few more artists... A-Trak and DJ Mehdi.

ELECtROjan
10-29-2009, 09:24 AM
Correct, HARD's twitter has just put out a few more artists... A-Trak and DJ Mehdi.

Yea there is a poster with it too. Im sold...A-trak is sick and Mehdi is pretty solid too

ELECtROjan
10-29-2009, 09:26 AM
http://www.hardfest.com/images/2009/Oct/HNYE09_OG_550.jpg

ELECtROjan
10-29-2009, 09:43 AM
$50... r u serious?

IdiotequeThom
10-29-2009, 11:55 AM
Huh.... If TAO is terrible I might go to this...

HAMMERHEAD
10-29-2009, 11:57 AM
this lineup is not worth $50.

truths
10-29-2009, 12:07 PM
HARD FTWINRAR!

ITS NOT A RAVE PEEPLE!

Devin the Dude
10-29-2009, 12:33 PM
you don't think gary is gonna MAKE IT worth your $50? i do.

Distorted_Jungle
10-29-2009, 12:37 PM
HARD FTWINRAR!

ITS NOT A RAVE PEEPLE!

HARD EVENTS ARE FUCKIN RAVES!

Does it have House Music? yup

Lasers? Yup

Kids Doing E? Yup

Girls in skimpy Clothing and Furry Boots? Yup

Light Shows everywhere? Yup

Giant pools of people rolling balls giving back rubs? Yup

I would say all that qualifies as a rave, just because it's one genre and the E-Tards look like fixed gear riding hipsters doesn't make it not a rave.

Devin the Dude
10-29-2009, 12:39 PM
just because it's one genre and the E-Tards look like fixed gear riding hipsters doesn't make it not a rave.

siggaffied.

Donaldj
10-29-2009, 12:40 PM
I would say all that qualifies as a rave, just because it's one genre and the E-Tards look like fixed gear riding hipsters doesn't make it not a rave.

I need a "Like" button.

Distorted_Jungle
you don't think gary is gonna MAKE IT worth your $50? i do.

I don't, sorry to say that Boys Noize has come around too many times for me to think him as a headliner is worth $50. Plus HARD has some of the worst visual production i have ever seen for an electronic event. Way better things will be going on NYE than this.

Aurgasm
there are NO good NYE shows. not a single one. if you know of one let me know, im probably just going to find a party

truths
10-29-2009, 12:43 PM
/END SARCASM

Devin the Dude
10-29-2009, 12:44 PM
I need a "Like" button.

stumble upon? hehe

and Distorted, i totally understand where you're coming from. i betcha Erol Alkan comes out and does a split with him though. i'm stoked on this either way, i'm easy to pleasy.

Distorted_Jungle
10-29-2009, 12:44 PM
there are NO good NYE shows. not a single one. if you know of one let me know, im probably just going to find a party

I don't know of any yet, but i almost guarantee that TAO will have a better line up than this event. I guess you could say this will be true for my taste in music, also depends on the DnB line up as well.

Distorted_Jungle
10-29-2009, 12:45 PM
/END SARCASM

Didn't know in this situation, i've heard many many people talk about hard and say that their events aren't raves.

stumble upon? hehe

and Distorted, i totally understand where you're coming from. i betcha Erol Alkan comes out and does a split with him though. i'm stoked on this either way, i'm easy to pleasy.

If that was going to happen i think they would announce it, if it does happen though i'll be sad i missed it though that's for sure because Erol KILLED IT at HARD 13.

Devin the Dude
10-29-2009, 12:47 PM
If that was going to happen i think they would announce it, if it does happen though i'll be sad i missed it though that's or sure because Erol KILLED IT at HARD 13.

uhm.. YES he did. :]

ficklecycle
10-29-2009, 01:15 PM
Hell, I'd pay like $70 for this even. This is gonna be good!

ficklecycle
10-29-2009, 01:27 PM
Side note: Boys Noize, A-Trak, and DJ Mehdi were probably the funnest DJ sets at Coachella for me.

trancehiphop
10-29-2009, 01:54 PM
I'm guessing 145.00 VIP ticket equals open bar?

Aurgasm
10-29-2009, 02:04 PM
I don't know of any yet, but i almost guarantee that TAO will have a better line up than this event. I guess you could say this will be true for my taste in music, also depends on the DnB line up as well.

they should announce shit asap... im tempted to hit the east coast..

Daft Fro
10-29-2009, 02:07 PM
i betcha Erol Alkan comes out and does a split with him though

Thats a no, Alkan is in Glasgow for NYE

nbvcide
10-29-2009, 02:18 PM
I asked Gary about Halloween a while back at Discotheque and he said the thing about Proxy. After they announced this I talked to Tom and he continued the story about Proxy and said Fake Blood was booked

damn.. yeah, i've read that Fake Blood is touring in March (hopefully leading up to an appearance in the Sahara in April..)

Sea Of Dreams.. worth the value, and has the best nye lineup i've seen yet.. but i don't think $50 is too expensive for any NYE show..

eskamo951
10-29-2009, 02:28 PM
Huh.... If TAO is terrible I might go to this...

Waiting on that line up is what's preventing me from buying a ticket right now...

zimmy1222
10-29-2009, 05:37 PM
yikes, three 2 hour sets with destructo playing in between < $50

Take what you can get, I guess.

Aurgasm
10-29-2009, 05:41 PM
yikes, three 2 hour sets with destructo playing in between < $50

Take what you can get, I guess.

zimmy. tell me what which is the best NYE show out there. I'll come back for your answer in 3-4 weeks and make plans accordingly... deal?

Dr. Lufs-al-ot
10-29-2009, 07:42 PM
Have to check with a few friends but its a 90% chance im going to be at this event

fatbastard
10-29-2009, 07:58 PM
Why Gary?

Mehdi playing for two hours on New Years is just wrong. I can't leave the house on this night. It will be scotch, black eyed peas, and Dick Clark. Why couldn't you arrange tomorrow?

Devin the Dude
10-30-2009, 08:14 AM
uhh.. because New Year's Eve is the holiday we are celebrating?

Derekx
10-30-2009, 08:57 AM
Lame! It'll be my first NYE that I'll be able to drink legally, there's no way in hell I'm going to this. What the fuck was Gary thinking with this line up?

Aurgasm
10-30-2009, 08:58 AM
Sea Of Dreams.. worth the value, and has the best nye lineup i've seen yet.. but i don't think $50 is too expensive for any NYE show..

yea this aint my first rodeo and i've seen all those acts a few times now (and bassnectar tomorrow night)...

I want something fucking amazing but I feel thats just not going to happen. oh well saves me money.

btw, Hard NYE is a fucking joke. Boys Noize has played so many fucking shows in the states...and the rest of the lineup is just insulting. A track and Mehdi, yea..fun, good, but not that unique and you'll be able to see em all again at coach/edc/some other festival

Mr. Dylanja
10-30-2009, 10:15 AM
I've never seen Boys Noize or A-Trak and I love The Palladium so this is definitely winning the race at the moment.

Distorted_Jungle
10-30-2009, 10:48 AM
I would rather go to this if they made it two 4 hour sets form A-Trak and Mehdi, or if they put someone that's not as played out as Boys Noize as a headliner.

Botrocker
10-31-2009, 01:28 PM
I would rather go to this if they made it two 4 hour sets form A-Trak and Mehdi, or if they put someone that's not as played out as Boys Noize as a headliner.

I'd rather it be just Boys Noize and A Trak doing 4 hour sets. I'm not really into Mehdi as far as DJing. Plus he's also a dick.

Also for as much shit talking and nay saying as I've spewed on this board, his new album is actually really great. I am also enjoying the artists on his label. He was also billed just under Dave Clark at I Love Techno last weekend. His set their was fantastic too. Great to hear him moving from the blandness of his first album.

Aurgasm
10-31-2009, 01:54 PM
I've never seen Boys Noize or A-Trak and I love The Palladium so this is definitely winning the race at the moment.

well im down for partying with you this NYE but I'm going to find something else, something...better..

lleeoo
10-31-2009, 11:45 PM

this

Devin the Dude
11-01-2009, 12:05 PM
this is another one of those things where there are a bunch of silly naysayers, and those who go will be rewarded with some of the best live sound experiences of the year. you honestly think that on New Year's Eve, with 2-hour sets each, they're not going to be doing something special? puhleeze. it's new years, this is going to be the best thing going down in l.a., period.

Distorted_Jungle
11-01-2009, 05:19 PM
this is another one of those things where there are a bunch of silly naysayers, and those who go will be rewarded with some of the best live sound experiences of the year. you honestly think that on New Year's Eve, with 2-hour sets each, they're not going to be doing something special? puhleeze. it's new years, this is going to be the best thing going down in l.a., period.

I am willing to admit i am a naysayer, but with hard it's more than if the line up is worth it, and i'm not a fan of boys noize much anymore because i've seen him WAY too many times. I think this will be fun for everyone who goes, but over priced and Gary richards benefits from me going so i just can't go.

Devin the Dude
11-01-2009, 05:56 PM
that's harsh man. the guy fucked up once. totally redeemed himself this weekend. get off that bandwagon soon, HARD definitely got it's cred. back.

Devin the Dude
11-01-2009, 05:58 PM
but i do understand the boys noize sentiments. fool is everywhere nowadays. i'm just stoked because this is a good new year's lineup with 2 hour sets from 3 amazing live DJs. this is a reliable event for me, as opposed to another hit-or-miss druggy festival like TAO.

i can't wait to see the tricks boys noize whips out for the countdown.

Distorted_Jungle
11-01-2009, 06:31 PM
that's harsh man. the guy fucked up once. totally redeemed himself this weekend. get off that bandwagon soon, HARD definitely got it's cred. back.

I didn't go to summerfest so it has nothing to do with that, my problems with him are because of that event, the over charging for his events and announcing DJs all on one night and people buy tickets for that line up, then taking that line up splitting it into 2 days and add some filler so now people who want to see all the acts they wanted had to buy 2 tickets, then putting special guests on saturday who happen to be the artist everyone thought they had to buy a second ticket to see when they really didn't(Deadmau5 & 2manyDJs). I am willing to bet most people who bought 2 day tickets would not have done that if 2manydj's and Deadmau5 were announced for saturday instead of being "Special Guests", and to me that sounds like a douche bag move & scam to get your money back from a giant fuck up that could have prevented in the first place by not being greedy and spending the right amount on security. I just think the dude is a scam artist and douche bag, sorry if it seems like i take things too personal but i just wont go to a HARD event again unless Soulwax is there.

ELECtROjan
11-01-2009, 07:44 PM
$100 for 2 days of HARD Haunted Mansion was well worth it. Even though EDC was insane, i still think HM was a better value music wise

WhyTheLongFace
11-02-2009, 12:17 AM
I didn't go to summerfest so it has nothing to do with that, my problems with him are because of that event, the over charging for his events and announcing DJs all on one night and people buy tickets for that line up, then taking that line up splitting it into 2 days and add some filler so now people who want to see all the acts they wanted had to buy 2 tickets, then putting special guests on saturday who happen to be the artist everyone thought they had to buy a second ticket to see when they really didn't(Deadmau5 & 2manyDJs). I am willing to bet most people who bought 2 day tickets would not have done that if 2manydj's and Deadmau5 were announced for saturday instead of being "Special Guests", and to me that sounds like a douche bag move & scam to get your money back from a giant fuck up that could have prevented in the first place by not being greedy and spending the right amount on security. I just think the dude is a scam artist and douche bag, sorry if it seems like i take things too personal but i just wont go to a HARD event again unless Soulwax is there.

1. Overcharging for events= subjective. Some would say Coachella is overcharging for $100 a day when they can go to HARD 2 days for $100.
2. Splitting it into 2 days= He gave everyone the option for refund or switch their ticket to the approiate day.
3. Filler= Can't you say that about every multi day festival. I bet some of you thought TRV$_DJAM was filler and wish EDC or crystal method took their spot so you would have an epic Beetroots-Crookers-TCM/or Ghostland- MSTRKRFT- Chemical Brothers. But guess what things dont work out that way. At any festival.
4. Mad for adding guests on Saturday that were there Friday= Really? This guy cant do right by you. So if the special guests was Busy P & Diplo then it would be ok? But since it's popular acts that people just paid to see the night before on the main stage it's his fault? Really?
5. Scam= So buying having a 2 day festival and having great acts on both days he's scamming. So if Paul Tollet or w/e his name is gave everyone a surprise Paul McCartney set on Coachella Sunday would you call him a scam artist?

And Saturday sold out. So if he told us Deadmau5 and 2ManyDJ's had 2 full sets. Saturday would have sold out quicker and people still would have bought Friday tickets to see Deadmau5 and 2ManyDJs. And it would have still sold out.

What's you beef with Mr. Richards? You act like he's your deadbeat dad. Cut him some slack.

ficklecycle
11-02-2009, 01:09 AM
I don't know why everyones complaining about Boys Noize being everywhere all of a sudden, that shit is great to me. I can't get enough of his music or DJ sets for that matter. I'm buying my ticket to this tomorrow because I don't want to end up paying $600 later.

Distorted_Jungle
11-02-2009, 07:56 AM
1. Overcharging for events= subjective. Some would say Coachella is overcharging for $100 a day when they can go to HARD 2 days for $100.
2. Splitting it into 2 days= He gave everyone the option for refund or switch their ticket to the approiate day.
3. Filler= Can't you say that about every multi day festival. I bet some of you thought TRV$_DJAM was filler and wish EDC or crystal method took their spot so you would have an epic Beetroots-Crookers-TCM/or Ghostland- MSTRKRFT- Chemical Brothers. But guess what things dont work out that way. At any festival.
4. Mad for adding guests on Saturday that were there Friday= Really? This guy cant do right by you. So if the special guests was Busy P & Diplo then it would be ok? But since it's popular acts that people just paid to see the night before on the main stage it's his fault? Really?
5. Scam= So buying having a 2 day festival and having great acts on both days he's scamming. So if Paul Tollet or w/e his name is gave everyone a surprise Paul McCartney set on Coachella Sunday would you call him a scam artist?

And Saturday sold out. So if he told us Deadmau5 and 2ManyDJ's had 2 full sets. Saturday would have sold out quicker and people still would have bought Friday tickets to see Deadmau5 and 2ManyDJs. And it would have still sold out.

What's you beef with Mr. Richards? You act like he's your deadbeat dad. Cut him some slack.

When they announced BJ, Justice, 2manyDjs and Deadmau5 on one day, then split it into 2 days and make it seem like you have to choose or spend $100 to see them all, then they actually are all on the same day is some fucked up shit in my opinion. I'm not saying it's a scam to have special guests, but a scam to announce acts for one day take them off and move them to a different day when they in fact are all playing one day but as "special guests". Overcharging is subjective like you said, and last years one day of Haunted Mansion was better than both days this year and i only paid $35 + fees, presale never went below $60 for one day this year, maybe $55. I look too into things sometimes as i am with this, but it aint worth talking about because no matter what you say you're not going to change my mind.

HAMMERHEAD
11-02-2009, 01:11 PM
So if he told us Deadmau5 and 2ManyDJ's had 2 full sets. Saturday would have sold out quicker and people still would have bought Friday tickets to see Deadmau5 and 2ManyDJs. And it would have still sold out.

except if this had been the case, virtually everyone that was too broke to go both days would have picked saturday instead of friday. when gary split the lineup i was given a choice to go friday or saturday. it was a tough decision but i picked friday under the pretense that i wouldn't get to see 2manydjs and deadmau5 on saturday anymore. he basically just used deadmau5 and 2manydjs to sell tickets friday and skimped super had on the special guests. he gave anybody that went just friday the shaft needlessly, and thats why people are pissed. i have yet to find a single person (that didn't get to go saturday) that didn't find what gary did to be fucked up

i was a huge hard fan boy, i always hyped hard up to all my friends and defended gary, hard, etc from the naysayers time and time again. ive gone to 4 hard events now and as a fairly regular attendee i feel like what gary did was skeezy as fuck. it was a clearly calculated cash grab and a total slap in the face to people who couldn't afford to go both days. if he was gonna do that he should have at least made friday cheaper instead of making us pay the same amount for what turned out to be half the show that saturday was.

Wheres the beef?
11-02-2009, 01:22 PM
except if this had been the case, virtually everyone that was too broke to go both days would have picked saturday instead of friday. when gary split the lineup i was given a choice to go friday or saturday. it was a tough decision but i picked friday under the pretense that i wouldn't get to see 2manydjs and deadmau5 on saturday anymore. he basically just used deadmau5 and 2manydjs to sell tickets friday and skimped super had on the special guests. he gave anybody that went just friday the shaft needlessly, and thats why people are pissed. i have yet to find a single person (that didn't get to go saturday) that didn't find what gary did to be fucked up

i was a huge hard fan boy, i always hyped hard up to all my friends and defended gary, hard, etc from the naysayers time and time again. ive gone to 4 hard events now and as a fairly regular attendee i feel like what gary did was skeezy as fuck. it was a clearly calculated cash grab and a total slap in the face to people who couldn't afford to go both days. if he was gonna do that he should have at least made friday cheaper instead of making us pay the same amount for what turned out to be half the show that saturday was.

So are you going to keep going to HARD events?

HAMMERHEAD
11-02-2009, 01:24 PM
most likely not. i used to enjoy the hard before it became a cash cow.

Distorted_Jungle
11-02-2009, 02:06 PM

THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! Someone who seems the fuckin scam for what it is, i didn't even go and it makes me mad. I am a big supporter of the So Cal EDM scene and everything this guy does keeps making me think less and less of him. Whatever though, they put together great line ups and scenesters are on their sack, but i still will not go to another one of their events.

guedita
11-03-2009, 12:42 PM
A 2-hour A-trak set would definitely be a blast... he'll mix things up and throw different styles down for sure. I don't really know enough about DJ Mehdi, but it's true that 2 hours might be too much. Plus, the Palladium has a max capacity of 3,000 or so, which sounds appealing. It's gotta be somewhat hard to pull talent in NYE, most acts I'd want to see will be in Europe. Since I live in SF I'll be going to Sea of Dreams....I'm now just anxiously awaiting the next HARD event.

I don't have the highest opinion of Gary, of course he's in it to make as much $ he can...that's the nature of this business, and in LA people will always be ready to throw down money. He redeemed himself for me at HHM. I have faith

ELECtROjan
11-03-2009, 01:15 PM

can u name one festival that isnt a cashcow or isn't bankrupt? These guys do this FOR A LIVING... Would you wanna stay at an entry level position for your entire life?

ELECtROjan
11-03-2009, 01:19 PM
These guys should do 3-4 events at the Shrine and try and do one massive at a place other then the Forum. That would be perfect

Distorted_Jungle
11-03-2009, 01:24 PM
can u name one festival that isnt a cashcow or isn't bankrupt? These guys do this FOR A LIVING... Would you wanna stay at an entry level position for your entire life?

EDC for $100 > HHM for $100

i will bring up Nocturnal as well

Nocturnal: $35 + Fees
Green Velvet Live, Laidback Luke, TC, DJ Falcon, Switch, Benga, Rusko, Roni Size, DJ Dan & Donald Glaude, Glitch Mobb, Dirty South and a whole trance stage i care less about

HHM: $60/Day + fees, $100/2 Days + fees
2manyDJ's, Justice, Buraka Som Sistema, Basement Jaxx, A-Trak and other artist that are ok.

I only listed artists i like to listen to, and for my likings since i like a wide variety of EDM HARD is 100% cash grab, especially with everything i already mentioned in this thread.

Edit: Just thought of something, the quanity of stages alone proves the cash grab behind HARD.

WhyTheLongFace
11-03-2009, 01:30 PM
Nocturnal & EDC did have amazing lineups but that doesnt mean HARD didnt.

It just comes down that YOU personally dont like the lineup. So don't go. You don't see me in the Lilth Fair thread going "Who the fuck would pay $100 to see Sarah Mclachlan when I can go to HARD for $65?"

ELECtROjan
11-03-2009, 01:49 PM
EDC for $100 > HHM for $100

i will bring up Nocturnal as well

Nocturnal: $35 + Fees
Green Velvet Live, Laidback Luke, TC, DJ Falcon, Switch, Benga, Rusko, Roni Size, DJ Dan & Donald Glaude, Glitch Mobb, Dirty South and a whole trance stage i care less about

HHM: $60/Day + fees, $100/2 Days + fees
2manyDJ's, Justice, Buraka Som Sistema, Basement Jaxx, A-Trak and other artist that are ok.

I only listed artists i like to listen to, and for my likings since i like a wide variety of EDM HARD is 100% cash grab, especially with everything i already mentioned in this thread.

Edit: Just thought of something, the quanity of stages alone proves the cash grab behind HARD.

$35 for nocturnal early for one day. $50 for one day at HARD. $15 to avoid San Bernadino is well worth the cost.

and if u had actually been to HM u woulda realized that the HARD stage was the same stage that was at the CosmicMeadow (2nd Biggest Stage) at EDC and had a much better sound system. And i dont know a single person who complained about the production value of any of the show

ficklecycle
11-03-2009, 01:58 PM

It just comes down that YOU personally dont like the lineup. So don't go. You don't see me in the Lilth Fair thread going "Who the fuck would pay $100 to see Sarah Mclachlan when I can go to HARD for $65?"

this

Distorted_Jungle
11-03-2009, 02:02 PM

First the 2 events i compared were at least both EDM events. I never said HARD didn't have good line ups, i have always thought they had good line ups. As i've stated before my problem is with Gary himself not his line ups. As far as me bitching in this thread, it's a public forum that is designed to discuss and/or debate topics. All i am doing is stating my opinion on things i read, if you don't like my opinions skip everything i post.

$35 for nocturnal early for one day. $50 for one day at HARD. $15 to avoid San Bernadino is well worth the cost.

and if u had actually been to HM u woulda realized that the HARD stage was the same stage that was at the CosmicMeadow (2nd Biggest Stage) at EDC and had a much better sound system. And i dont know a single person who complained about the production value of any of the show

I said quantity of stages not quality, even though i did spell it all fucked up, nowhere in my post did i say anything about the events stage production. I personally like NOS Event Center in San Bernardino better than every venue in LA besides the Closieum.

truths
11-03-2009, 02:12 PM
I personally dont like the lineups to hard events. Or Hard events for that matter.

Somebody pwn me and call me a n00b.

guedita
11-03-2009, 02:27 PM
Distorted Jungle, if you could start convincing all of the underaged kandi kids that HARD is not worth their money, I'd be most appreciative.

Devin the Dude
11-03-2009, 02:28 PM

not to mention nocturnal's shit lineup.. :]

Distorted_Jungle
11-03-2009, 02:33 PM
Distorted Jungle, if you could start convincing all of the underaged kandi kids that HARD is not worth their money, I'd be most appreciative.

Someone posted a screen print of that plurlife site on a thread here that showed that most kandi kid ravers already hate hard. If i could i would though, sorry i can't help you though as i really try as hard as i can to avoid kandi kids.

ELECtROjan
11-03-2009, 02:45 PM
good electro hurts their ears

ELECtROjan
11-03-2009, 02:45 PM

THIS

HAMMERHEAD
11-03-2009, 09:28 PM
they're allergic to dancing, which is why they need PLENTY seating at their events.

truths
11-03-2009, 10:38 PM
We all can agree that Candy Kids are the scourge of the planet.

Your hobbies are collecting colored beads, taking copious amounts of drugs and hating on people who dont rave like you do? Coool.

I cant wait for the fad to die off. Plurlife.com needs to be shut down too.

CrimesceneCookie
11-03-2009, 11:40 PM
say what you will about them, they've been around since the very start. not likely to die off any time soon.

hangthedj112
11-04-2009, 02:30 AM

Just like every other EDM promoter in So-Cal

Bud Luster
11-04-2009, 11:55 AM
say what you will about them, they've been around since the very start. not likely to die off any time soon.

Wrong, they haven't been around since the very start. They really didn't start to show up until the mid to late 90's when when raving really went mainstream. That's not to say that kids weren't taking drugs and dressing like freaks/sluts etc. before then - just not in the incredibly stoopid candy style.

guest-1185
11-04-2009, 12:50 PM
I've never understood the hardcore candy kids with toys hanging from their neck, arms etc. But I probably look lame to them in shorts and a t-shirt so to each their own.

guedita
11-04-2009, 01:34 PM
Candy kids is probably too generic of a term, anyhow, and there's been different generations/styles of candy kids since the 90's. What I find particular contention with at events like HARD are the younger slutty candy kids who are there because it's a scene-to-be-seen, sucking on binkies, creating mad e-puddles near the front of the stage for their light shows, not knowing a lick about the artists. That's what UG's or actual billed raves are for. My favorite memory of Hard Summer was Gary yelling into the mike, "You! Yes, You in the furry boots with the pacifier, Back the FUCK UP--You're ruining this for everyone!!"

Shorts and a t-shirt is the most inconspicuous way to party ever. No one ever suspects I'm on drugs, and I rarely get a pat-down at security. Muahahaha!

Distorted_Jungle
11-04-2009, 01:44 PM
Candy kids is probably too generic of a term, anyhow, and there's been different generations/styles of candy kids since the 90's. What I find particular contention with at events like HARD are the younger slutty candy kids who are there because it's a scene-to-be-seen, sucking on binkies, creating mad e-puddles near the front of the stage for their light shows, not knowing a lick about the artists. That's what UG's or actual billed raves are for. My favorite memory of Hard Summer was Gary yelling into the mike, "You! Yes, You in the furry boots with the pacifier, Back the FUCK UP--You're ruining this for everyone!!"

Shorts and a t-shirt is the most inconspicuous way to party ever. No one ever suspects I'm on drugs, and I rarely get a pat-down at security. Muahahaha!

I am with you on hating them, but at the same time without the people there just for drugs, alcohol and sex promotion companys would go broke throwing events. As much as i hate it, there just arent enough people in this world that appreciate EDM for more than the drug culture that stays with it so we kind of need them to keep raves alive. Club events are awesome and would still be ok without them, but without massives it would cost so much more to see as many acts as i see durring the year.

CalmerThanYou
11-04-2009, 03:05 PM
Anyone going to see Boys Noize up in SF this saturday @ Mighty? We're cruising from SoCal deep with a crew of about 20.

I AM NOT TECHNO.

ficklecycle
11-04-2009, 03:23 PM
Anyone going to see Boys Noize up in SF this saturday @ Mighty? We're cruising from SoCal deep with a crew of about 20.

I AM NOT TECHNO.

HAVE FUN WITHOUT ME GUYZ :(

ELECtROjan
11-04-2009, 04:33 PM

I AM NOT TECHNO.

Yea ill be there

guedita
11-04-2009, 04:35 PM
Oof, have fun. I'm opting out because I have work early the next day...and I think I would have TOO much fun :). Let us know how it goes!

CalmerThanYou
11-04-2009, 04:41 PM
Yea ill be there

fantastic. look out for the hurricane of craziness. we'll be dominating the floor.

Bud Luster
11-04-2009, 07:00 PM

I AM NOT TECHNO.

Werd, I will be there. I'll keep an eye out. Mighty isnt that big, shouldnt have any trouble finding you.

CalmerThanYou
11-09-2009, 10:27 AM
Well, the show was super intense. I thought he threw down a sick set but the place is just TOO DAMN SMALL. Could never get enough space to really throw down and get into it. The system was sick, but those huge speakers take up WAY too much space. All in all a good time, just wish it was at a bigger venue. Very dark and dirty set too i thought...

I aint afraid of no ghosts

Mr. Dylanja
11-09-2009, 12:38 PM
Anybody know what the VIP gets you at this thing? Free booze I'm assuming?

eskamo951
11-09-2009, 01:19 PM
Destructo's Birthday

Um...Does this mean there's going to be some type of "OMG, it's my birthday!" douchebaggery on Gary Richard's part? That may be enough to inspire me to go to TAO...

Devin the Dude
11-09-2009, 01:23 PM
oh noes.. i knew he was a fucking Capricorn. :/

ELECtROjan
11-09-2009, 02:09 PM
Well, the show was super intense. I thought he threw down a sick set but the place is just TOO DAMN SMALL. Could never get enough space to really throw down and get into it. The system was sick, but those huge speakers take up WAY too much space. All in all a good time, just wish it was at a bigger venue. Very dark and dirty set too i thought...

I aint afraid of no ghosts

wow completely forgot about the thread since my last post.

The place was small, the set was loud and dirty as BN always seems to be, and unfortunately i didn't check to see what to look for on here so i didnt see anyone. On his Twitter he said it was the best gig in sf he's ever done and he'll be back soon so thats good for us and the scene here

And bc of this (and seeing A-Trak at HHM) im not really feeling any desire to travel to LA for NYE. Probably end up with a huge board meet up at Sea of Dreams in SF....

Distorted_Jungle
11-09-2009, 03:01 PM
Anybody know what the VIP gets you at this thing? Free booze I'm assuming?

Haunted Mansion included open premium bar, but from what i heard the line for the alcohol was a 45 min wait and people that paid all the extra only got about 3 or 4 drinks. I've never got VIP at any event but they usually include open bar, just never heard it was worth it at a HARD event and hardly hear its worth it at any event.

JTSO23
11-10-2009, 03:58 AM
Are any retail outlets going to sell tickets or only groove online?

ELECtROjan
11-10-2009, 07:45 AM
id assume VIP at a place like the Palladium would be a lot better then the Shrine. The Shrine's liquor is run by Aramark catering (which is a horrible company) and they are incredibly restrictive on what they can and cannot do. Ive never gotten drunk at the Palladium tho so I dont know how the bars would be set up. If you are really interested write on Gary's wall cuz thats something he would likely answer

suprefan
11-10-2009, 07:51 AM
id assume VIP at a place like the Palladium would be a lot better then the Shrine. The Shrine's liquor is run by Aramark catering (which is a horrible company) and they are incredibly restrictive on what they can and cannot do. Ive never gotten drunk at the Palladium tho so I dont know how the bars would be set up. If you are really interested write on Gary's wall cuz thats something he would likely answer

VIP would end up upstairs on the east balcony like every other show has their VIP in that area. Well stocked bar...

Mr. Dylanja
11-10-2009, 08:19 AM
Supre, where YOU gonna be for NYE?

lleeoo
11-10-2009, 01:09 PM
concerning the Palladium...when I saw Deadmau5 and Modeselektor there in May it was a pretty much flawless night.
concerning the alcohol..
IDK how VIP runs for HARD events as I never bother getting it, but at the Deadmau5 show, they had carts up in several places and those carts had alcohol as well and there were NO lines whatsoever and the bathrooms were exceptionally clean..

if you're not gonna pay for VIP, $50 is still worth it imo for everything else

iGz89
11-10-2009, 09:21 PM
As much of a bad rap hipsters have, I kinda miss the twenty-somethin hipsters at HARD events. At least they knew and enjoyed most of the lineup... and danced (not well... but it was dancing).

Dr. Lufs-al-ot
11-10-2009, 09:30 PM
id take those who are there for the music over those who are only there for the drugs ANY day, even if that does mean more hipsters.

ficklecycle
11-10-2009, 09:55 PM
id take those who are there for the music over those who are only there for the drugs ANY day, even if that does mean more hipsters.

agreed

eskamo951
11-10-2009, 10:54 PM

the hipsters can go stand in the corner and be "cool," I'm going to enjoy myself...

Devin the Dude
11-11-2009, 12:53 AM
so i think i'm bailing on this for Sea of Dreams. sorry Boys Noize. :[

Dr. Lufs-al-ot
11-11-2009, 02:16 AM
the hipsters can go stand in the corner and be "cool," I'm going to enjoy myself...

+1 http://www.coachella.com/forum/images/icons/icon14.gif

So has anyone been looking into hotels?
I'm trying to figure out what would be the best thing to do after and a hotel is looking like the best idea, however I'm not really in the mood to be spending bucket loads of cash.

If a hotel room is gong to be outrageously expensive i think i might just get a cab home, hell it'll probably end up being the same amount of money any ways! ha!

ELECtROjan
11-11-2009, 09:19 AM
the new W hotel is probably your closest bet...

Dr. Lufs-al-ot
11-11-2009, 09:41 AM
ha! thats a good one

If only i could sleep at roscoes chicken and waffles :(

ELECtROjan
11-11-2009, 09:45 AM
I guess its not opening till Jan 15th anyway

ELECtROjan
11-11-2009, 09:53 AM
if u cared....

@KASKADE: Changed my plans for New Years Eve. I will be at Together As One (LosAngeles) then later at NYE Extravaganza (SanDiego). BIG NIGHT OUT!

Dr. Lufs-al-ot
11-11-2009, 10:01 AM
Kaskade played an ok set at Lolla, I guess for the TAO goers that'll be a nice thing to see

ELECtROjan
11-11-2009, 10:13 AM
He was the headliner at GIANT Maximus but i guess they're having issues and he bailed... Hopefully CM drops the gig too and does something else

eskamo951
11-11-2009, 11:18 AM
+1 http://www.coachella.com/forum/images/icons/icon14.gif

So has anyone been looking into hotels?
I'm trying to figure out what would be the best thing to do after and a hotel is looking like the best idea, however I'm not really in the mood to be spending bucket loads of cash.

If a hotel room is gong to be outrageously expensive i think i might just get a cab home, hell it'll probably end up being the same amount of money any ways! ha!

Returning to the Adventurer was suggested, but we'd have to find a way to Inglewood...I'm not planning on being able to drive, so I don't think that's feasible.

WhyTheLongFace
11-11-2009, 11:33 AM
Chromeo W/ Peanut Butter Wolf, Vega & Gaslamp Killer for $50>>> A Trak, Boys Noize, DJ Medhi, & Destructo for $50

CalmerThanYou
11-11-2009, 11:47 AM
Chromeo fucking sucks balls.

Dr. Lufs-al-ot
11-11-2009, 01:52 PM
Chromeo fucking sucks balls.

this

Distorted_Jungle
11-11-2009, 01:55 PM
Chromeo W/ Peanut Butter Wolf, Vega & Gaslamp Killer for $50>>> A Trak, Boys Noize, DJ Medhi, & Destructo for $50

Take Chromeo out of there and it's still a better deal, Chromeo is cool on CD but the live performance is not too entertaining.

WhyTheLongFace
11-11-2009, 02:14 PM
Take Chromeo out of there and it's still a better deal, Chromeo is cool on CD but the live performance is not too entertaining.

I have never seen them live but from youtubes (not a good measure I know) they seem like they would entertain me. I'm in too that autotune funky shit just for a good time. Like a piano g funk cover of "California Love" would make my night. I know their DJ sets are god awful but I think a live performance would be ill. And make up for HARD Summer.

ELECtROjan
11-11-2009, 02:47 PM
ive actually heard that their DJsets are a lot better then their live shows....then again that isnt saying much

Mr. Dylanja
11-11-2009, 02:58 PM
I haven't actually seen music at a HARD event, I haven't seen Boys Noize and I haven't seen A-Trak. I have been to the Palladium and I thought it was great. FUCK YOU ALL, this sounds awesome!

Devin the Dude
11-11-2009, 03:00 PM
you won't be disappointed, dylanja. if any event, Boys Noize is gonna tear it up on new years. he spins the hardest, nastiest shit all fuckin day. and A-Trak is gonna slay the 2-4am. just trust me, if you're in LA, this shit is the BEST option. enjoy! :]

Mr. Dylanja
11-11-2009, 03:12 PM
Thanks Devy, I was getting tired of people hatin' just because they're not going.

WhyTheLongFace
11-11-2009, 03:27 PM
Thanks Devy, I was getting tired of people hatin' just because they're not going.

lol I'm not hating. You will have fun. A-Trak will kill. Boys Noize will hopefully be better than he was @ HARD 13. I loved his 1st album and his 2nd album has some gems spread in there. Dont know much about DJ Medhi but hope he's good.

I just cant listen to many electronic artists for longer than an hour (Basement Jaxx exception)

crazzz2007
11-11-2009, 03:32 PM

what a ridiculous post. we're not going, because it sucks.

how do you turn that into "they're hating just b/c they're not going"?

Mr. Dylanja
11-11-2009, 03:41 PM
Because they're talking about all the "superior" events they're attending in this thread instead of the their respective threads.

Devin the Dude
11-11-2009, 03:47 PM
heh.. guilty.

but yeah, i was all for this and still am if for some reason frisco doesn't work out for my New Year's. but, i don't blame all the haters - some homies just don't dig Boys Noize or A-Trak. they're two of my favorites, though, so i was stoked to see them on a New Year's lineup. so yeah, conclusion is, if you like Boys Noize, A-Trak, and DJ Mehdi (Destructo is irrelevant), you're gonna have a great time and should go, and if you don't, well you're screwed in LA. hah.

Dr. Lufs-al-ot
11-11-2009, 04:15 PM
and A-Trak is gonna slay the 2-4am.

what makes you think that?

My guess is that it would be going:

Mehdi 9-11
Boys Noize 11-1
A Track 1-3
Destructo 3-4

It makes most sense being that they would want to put BN and A-T at "prime time" which owuld be between 11 and 3

Devin the Dude
11-11-2009, 04:33 PM
oh yeah, you're right. i just wasn't thinking. hah.

Mr. Dylanja
11-11-2009, 04:34 PM
You guys think this will sell out and if so how soon?

Devin the Dude
11-11-2009, 04:35 PM
it'll sell out a few weeks before.

CalmerThanYou
11-11-2009, 04:53 PM
you won't be disappointed, dylanja. if any event, Boys Noize is gonna tear it up on new years. he spins the hardest, nastiest shit all fuckin day. and A-Trak is gonna slay the 2-4am. just trust me, if you're in LA, this shit is the BEST option. enjoy! :]

Boys Noize is the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth. My balls still hurt from Saturday.

ATrak will rip.

stinkbutt
11-11-2009, 04:59 PM
NYE shows the headliner usually starts right after the ball drops, he'll most likely go on at 12

Devin the Dude
11-11-2009, 05:03 PM
iunno.. i think he'll have the countdown.

stinkbutt
11-11-2009, 05:06 PM
Every NYE show I've been to the headliner comes on stage counts down then starts paying right after the balloons or confetti or whatever drops from the ceiling

eskamo951
11-11-2009, 05:07 PM
I haven't actually seen music at a HARD event, I haven't seen Boys Noize and I haven't seen A-Trak. I have been to the Palladium and I thought it was great. FUCK YOU ALL, this sounds awesome!

I saw 15 min of Crystal Castles at Hard Summer, and haven't been to the Palladium, but otherwise, same thing.

mattpach
11-11-2009, 05:14 PM
Thats even worse than Dylan's experience.

The Palladium is awesome.

I think I'm going to do this instead of TAO (If anything).

eskamo951
11-11-2009, 05:16 PM
Yeah, I'm debating this or Sea of Dreams...but I don't know if I want to deal with the expenses associated with going to SF and staying through the weekend (I don't travel that far for a single night)

Devin the Dude
11-11-2009, 05:17 PM
good. fuck TAO. people need to stop supporting that crap.

WhyTheLongFace
11-11-2009, 05:24 PM
it'll sell out the day before.

fixed

CalmerThanYou
11-11-2009, 05:27 PM
NYE shows the headliner usually starts right after the ball drops, he'll most likely go on at 12

Every NYE show I've been to the headliner comes on stage counts down then starts paying right after the balloons or confetti or whatever drops from the ceiling

YOU ARE CORRECT

Mr. Dylanja
11-11-2009, 05:48 PM
I saw 15 min of Crystal Castles at Hard Summer

Thats even worse than Dylan's experience.

Pretty sure I was sitting right next to you, Travis, I don't consider Crystal Castles music.

eskamo951
11-11-2009, 05:54 PM
Pretty sure I was sitting right next to you, Travis, I don't consider Crystal Castles music.

Yes, yes you were. I consider it music, but with Alice Glass screaming obnoxiously over it...really, I'm all for the CD versions of their music. If Alice can come to her senses and realize what it is she needs to do to fix her "singing" then they may survive the in music industry.

CalmerThanYou
11-11-2009, 06:16 PM
They fucking suck balls. Them and Chromeo. Fuck THEM.

stinkbutt
11-11-2009, 06:19 PM
She screams on the album as well it's just they crank her vocals up way too high live. I remember seeing them before they got really big and they were good cuz it was at a punk venue where they knew how to mix those type of vocals good with the music

Mr. Dylanja
11-11-2009, 06:28 PM
Damn Kolby, a MONTH straight of shows on Saturday? Talk about WIN!

Devin the Dude
11-11-2009, 06:37 PM
She screams on the album as well it's just they crank her vocals up way too high live. I remember seeing them before they got really big and they were good cuz it was at a punk venue where they knew how to mix those type of vocals good with the music

they were so much better when she broke her back and couldn't play live for a month. Crystal Castles DJ Set FTW.

eskamo951
11-11-2009, 06:39 PM
She should just lip sync, I would not care.

stinkbutt
11-11-2009, 06:45 PM
they were so much better when she broke her back and couldn't play live for a month. Crystal Castles DJ Set FTW.

The show I saw was before that maybe she just lost it after breaking her back

ELECtROjan
11-11-2009, 06:59 PM
its probably going to look a lil something like this.

Destructo 9-10
Mehdi 10 - 11:50
Boys Noize 12 - 2
A-Trak 2 - 4

Gary always plays early. Atrak should close although I could see him in the earlier slot leaving Mehdi to play to everyone thats left after BN

eskamo951
11-11-2009, 07:11 PM

Destructo 9-10
Boys Noize 12 - 2
A-Trak 2 - 4

Gary always plays early. Atrak should close although I could see him in the earlier slot leaving Mehdi to play to everyone thats left after BN

That's what I was thinking it would be. :thu
I'm still curious what this Destructo's birthday thing is about, though.

WhyTheLongFace
11-11-2009, 07:25 PM
That's what I was thinking it would be. :thu
I'm still curious what this Destructo's birthday thing is about, though.

I'm sure its nothing. Probably just a cake and a toast during his set. I doubt it will be an extravaganza.

eskamo951
11-11-2009, 08:44 PM
I hope you're right. If he keeps popping out during the other sets and being a douche, I won't be happy. Although, I may just have this douche vibe from him leftover from this summer. It was my only exposure to him, I should probably wait until after NYE before labeling him as a douche.

lleeoo
11-11-2009, 08:48 PM
I hope you're right. If he keeps popping out during the other sets and being a douche, I won't be happy. Although, I may just have this douche vibe from him leftover from this summer. It was my only exposure to him, I should probably wait until after NYE before labeling him as a douche.

Are you referring to when he was talking on the mic at HARD Summer telling everyone to sit down? I'd do what I can to keep my event from being shut down if I was in the same situation.

eskamo951
11-11-2009, 09:01 PM
Are you referring to when he was talking on the mic at HARD Summer telling everyone to sit down? I'd do what I can to keep my event from being shut down if I was in the same situation.

It was the whole event in general. Plus, he definitely could have told us that it were shut down instead of just having the riot police start pushing us out.

lleeoo
11-11-2009, 09:13 PM
It was the whole event in general. Plus, he definitely could have told us that it were shut down instead of just having the riot police start pushing us out.

Maybe he was preoccupied with other things such as discussing possibilities of salvaging what's rest of the night with the fire marshall or so.

DJdharma
11-11-2009, 10:25 PM

Destructo 9-10
Boys Noize 12 - 2
A-Trak 2 - 4

I agree. I think Mehdi will close.

I've been reading some great reviews of the Palladium on Yelp.com. I've never been there before. We'll be doing the VIP. The only thing that concerns me is that some reviewers on Yelp said the Palladium has a limit of people on the dance floor area, and that if you go to the bathroom or whatever you may not get back on the floor. Does anyone know about this limit? This was one of the major problems at HARD Summer.

eskamo951
11-11-2009, 10:30 PM
Pretty sure I was sitting right next to you

My friend Annie is willing to go to this as well. She was sitting with us, red sequence dress. Hard Summer was her first massive. Let's see if a smaller scale event will be better for trying again.

Dr. Lufs-al-ot
11-11-2009, 11:40 PM
[/B]

I agree. I think Mehdi will close.

I've been reading some great reviews of the Palladium on Yelp.com. I've never been there before. We'll be doing the VIP. The only thing that concerns me is that some reviewers on Yelp said the Palladium has a limit of people on the dance floor area, and that if you go to the bathroom or whatever you may not get back on the floor. Does anyone know about this limit? This was one of the major problems at HARD Summer.

Ive never seen them "limit" room on the dance floor
Ive been there for a few sold out shows and even then there was tons of room left on the main floor with everyone there watching the headlining artist.

(however friends who went to see Deadmau5 there a while back told me they cut off the people on the dance floor so i dont really know what to say here.)

If they stop letting people back onto the dance floor hold your pee, or piss on a hipster

eskamo951
11-11-2009, 11:42 PM
If they stop letting people back onto the dance floor hold your pee, or piss on a hipster

HAHAHAHA!

Also, we're Coachelleans, we know how to deal with pee situations.

WhyTheLongFace
11-12-2009, 12:46 AM
I've only been there for Bloc Party and there was no limit. And I have friends who have been there and never had a limit.

BUT....

I believe the sold out Deadmau5 show had a limit on the floor. I could be fibbing tho.

Dr. Lufs-al-ot
11-12-2009, 04:27 PM
Also, we're Coachelleans, we know how to deal with pee situations.

ayee matey http://www.coachella.com/forum/images/icons/icon14.gif

ficklecycle
11-12-2009, 06:40 PM
I've never been to the Palladium. Layout? Is there seats?

Devin the Dude
11-12-2009, 06:44 PM
ARE there seats?*

Dr. Lufs-al-ot
11-12-2009, 06:51 PM
lol ^

i cant find a good picture to illustrate the layout but heres this
http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/photos/uncategorized/2008/10/16/palladium.jpg

Its basically a giant GA floor (dance floor) with standing room in the back and sides (its oval shaped). There are also two opposite balconies over the right and left side (which i believe have seats but ive only been up there once and my memory is a bit fuzzy ;))

Down on the floor there are no seats though. Unless the place is uberpacked that night there is usually room on the sides and back to site against the wall.

ficklecycle
11-12-2009, 06:53 PM
ARE there seats?*

I meant to put seating haha but thanks.

lol ^

i cant find a good picture to illustrate the layout but heres this
http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/photos/uncategorized/2008/10/16/palladium.jpg

Its basically a giant GA floor (dance floor) with standing room in the back and sides (its oval shaped). There are also two opposite balconies over the right and left side (which i believe have seats but ive only been up there once and my memory is a bit fuzzy ;))

Down on the floor there are no seats though. Unless the place is uberpacked that night there is usually room on the sides and back to site against the wall.

God this place looks gorgeous. I think this is a perfect spot for a NYE thing. Gonna feel total VIP status.

Dr. Lufs-al-ot
11-12-2009, 06:59 PM
ohh totally forgot all about VIP

that'll probably be the only people allowed onto the balconies that have seating(?)

Here's hoping it doesn't get THAT packed

Devin the Dude
11-12-2009, 07:13 PM
well, The Palladium isn't gonna let Gary oversell capacity, unlike SOME venues.. :p

ELECtROjan
11-12-2009, 07:24 PM
Here are the Rukes pics from the HARD Deadmau5 show in May....

LINK FOR MORE (http://photo.rukes.com/palladium/palladium.html)

http://photo.rukes.com/palladium/slides/palladium%20021.jpg
http://photo.rukes.com/palladium/slides/palladium%20056.jpg
http://photo.rukes.com/palladium/slides/palladium%20087.jpg

ELECtROjan
11-12-2009, 07:24 PM
let it be noted that the event pictured was sold out

Dr. Lufs-al-ot
11-12-2009, 07:31 PM
well, The Palladium isn't gonna let Gary oversell capacity, unlike SOME venues.. :p

lol

im hoping they undersell it "to be safe"
more room to shake it cross the dance floooooo-ooo-oor

eskamo951
11-12-2009, 07:41 PM
Wow, I'm liking the looks of this place. I hadn't really even heard of the venue before, I was expecting something small and crammed, like the Avalon

emtgreg
11-12-2009, 09:03 PM
Palladium is a great venue.

Now.

:)

Mr. Dylanja
11-12-2009, 09:18 PM
My friend Annie is willing to go to this as well. She was sitting with us, red sequence dress. Hard Summer was her first massive. Let's see if a smaller scale event will be better for trying again.

Technically, Annie was the one sitting right next to me. Of course I remember her, she hung around the whole night. Tell her I said hello and hopefully I'll see you guys if I end up making it out.

lleeoo
11-12-2009, 10:34 PM
let it be noted that the event pictured was sold out

yeah and what the picture doesn't show was tons of room in the back and under the balconies and clean bathrooms

Dr. Lufs-al-ot
11-12-2009, 11:49 PM
the better to bust criminals in, right lleeoo?

nbvcide
11-12-2009, 11:54 PM
Wow, I'm liking the looks of this place. I hadn't really even heard of the venue before, I was expecting something small and crammed, like the Avalon

What the?!

i don't love the Avalon by any means, but it's gotta be one of the larger venues in Hollywood.. when i think small & cramped, i think Whiskey, Viper Room, Troubadour

eskamo951
11-13-2009, 12:07 AM
Technically, Annie was the one sitting right next to me. Of course I remember her, she hung around the whole night. Tell her I said hello and hopefully I'll see you guys if I end up making it out.

I'll let her know you might be there...

What the?!

i don't love the Avalon by any means, but it's gotta be one of the larger venues in Hollywood.. when i think small & cramped, i think Whiskey, Viper Room, Troubadour

Well, I've only seen Brand New there, and they have some hardcore fans who cram onto the floor and make it hard to move...never been there for anything else.

ficklecycle
11-13-2009, 12:16 AM
Palladium will be perfect for this.

BTW, Destructo had a great set tonight opening for Buraka...

Distorted_Jungle
11-13-2009, 07:22 AM
What the?!

Last time i was at the Avalon was for Saturday Night Sessions and i remember being on the balcony looking down at the floor and thinking to myself, "Damn this place is fuckin HUGE!". You're right it's probably one of the biggest venues in LA for sure, there and the Vanguard are both massive club venues in my opinion.

eskamo951
11-13-2009, 11:51 AM
Well, maybe it just felt small because I was at a sold out show...and we were all crammed onto the floor. I felt like a sardine.

nbvcide
11-13-2009, 10:28 PM
i saw Dir En Grey & Fair To Midland there.. it's a large venue, to say the least.. of course, it's hard to feel crowded when i'm elbow to shoulder with a room full of japanese girls..

Dr. Lufs-al-ot
11-13-2009, 11:20 PM
The Avalon is great venue, but for something like HARD it wouldnt be big enough. Great for bands, and smaller club events though.

WhyTheLongFace
11-14-2009, 01:25 AM
The Avalon is great venue, but for something like HARD it wouldnt be big enough. Great for bands, and smaller club events though.

What? Avalon is way bigger than the palladium.

crazzz2007
11-14-2009, 01:41 AM
What? Avalon is way bigger than the palladium.

are you on drugs? if so, have fun.

avalon capacity = 1400

palladium capacity = 4000

WhyTheLongFace
11-14-2009, 02:06 AM
are you on drugs? if so, have fun.

avalon capacity = 1400

palladium capacity = 4000

The main room at the avalon can fit 1200 so I'm gonna assume the other stages can hold more than 200 people. Either way it feels bigger. But maybe theres less capacity cause avalon has a huger stage

nbvcide
11-14-2009, 03:59 AM
what's the capacity of the Henry Fonda? it's gotta be somewhere between the two..

Dr. Lufs-al-ot
11-14-2009, 10:10 AM
Music Box: 1300

ELECtROjan
11-14-2009, 01:55 PM
avalon considers its capacity 2200 when using all the areas

ELECtROjan
11-15-2009, 12:02 PM
New Essential Mixes:

DJ Mehdi & BusyP LIVE @ the Warehouse Project in Manchester ( (http://filefactory.com/file/a095d69/n/01-dj_mehdi_and_busy_p_-_live_at_the_warehouse_project_in_manchester_ess_m ix_-sat-10-30-2009-talion.mp3)

tracklist:
Nina Simone ‘Feeling Good’
Midnight Juggernaughts ‘Scorpius’
Brodinski ‘Solaris’
Zombie Disco Squad ‘Esperanto’ (Solo Remix)
Public Enemy ‘Show’em Watcha Got’
Boysnoize ‘Shine Shine’
Le Le ‘Breakfast’ (Mercury Remix)
Traffic Sign ‘Let’s Work’
Shit Robot ‘Xxxx’
Deetron And DJ Bone ‘Life Soundtrack’
Kikomoto Allstars ‘I’ll Make You Jack’
Audio Bullys ‘Flickery Vision’ (Riva Starr Remix)
DJ Hell ‘The Disaster’ (Ink And Needle Remix)
Armand Van Helden ‘Ski Hard’
Kid Sister ‘Get Fresh’ (Alex Gopher Remix)
Laidback Luke & Diplo ‘Hey!’
Major Lazer ‘Pon Di Floor’ (Smoke And Mirrors Edit)
DJ Mehdi ‘Pocket Piano’ (Brodinski Remix)
A-Trak & Laidback Luke ‘Shake It Down’
Tiga ‘Shoes’ (Mr Oizo Remix)
Simian Mobile Disco ‘Synthesize’
Boysnoize ‘Kontact Me’

Boys Noize Essential Mix Oct2009: (http://www.zshare.net/download/66841761e959fbd9/)

trackilist:
1. Kenny Larkin “Rubbernotes” (Plus 8 Records)
2. DJ Funk “F** U Later” (Dancemania)
3. Boc Productions “Fall In Love” (Alan Braxe Remix) (Chez Records)
4. Fanton “Faithful” (Source)
5. Gene Farris “Disco Heaven” (Ian Pooley Mix 2) (Force Inc.)
5. Unknown Artist “Me And My Peoples Eyes” (White Lable)
6. Tres Demented “Brainfreeze” (Planet E)
7. Kenlou 4 “Mack Daddy Shoot” (MAW)
7. Ian Pooley “The Allnighter” (NRK)
7. Neon Lights “House Of Funk” (Jinxx Records)
8. Zongamin “Spiral” (XL)
9. Sylvester “Baby, Let’s Trip Out” (Secret Mixes Fixes Vol.9)
10. We’re Lofty Volt “Alter Flaw” (RVNG Intl.)
11. In Flagranti “I’m Sorry, I’m Terribly Sensitive” (Codek)
12. Kiki “Gas” (Bpitch Control)
13. Cassius “La Mouch” (DJ Falcon Vs. Harry Choo Choo Romeo Edit) (Virgin)
14. DJ Duke” Bonus” (Big Big Trax)
15. Dave Angel “Tokyo Stealth Fighter” (Carl Craig Remx) (4th & Broadway)
16. Matias Aguayo “Bo Jack” (Instrumental) (Comeme)
17. Errorsmith “Stiff Neck” (Errorsmith)
18. Feadz “Lisborg Error” (Ed Banger)
19. Plasticman “Hypokondriak” (Minus)
20. Ricardo Villalobos “Dexter” (Playhouse)
21. Sweet Light “Mecaniques Remontees” (Freak N Chic)
22. Cajmere “Come” (Green Velvet Mix) (Cajual Records)
23. Paul Jacobs “Motocross Madness” (Aquarius Records)
24. Geoffrey Williams “Sex Life” (Armand Van Helden Remix) (Hands On )Records
25. Like A Time “Like 6″ (Like Records)
26. Thomas Bangalter “What To Do” (Roule)
27. Daft Punk “Burnin’” (Ian Pooley Remix) (Virgin)
28. CZR “Chicago Southside” (International House Records)
29. Hugo Moya “Move” (Relief Records)
30. Track Stars “Horns & Bass” (Wanted Records)
31. Jeff Mills “The Bells” (Axis Records)
32. Dustin Zahn “Stranger” (Rekids)
33. Speedy J “Lee Mitten Menu” (Novamute)
34. Modeselektor “Turn Deaf” (Bpitch Control)
35. Rheingold “Dreiklangsdimensionen” (Welt Rekord / EMI)
36. Soundhack “Soundhack” (Soundhack)
37. Ben Klock “Goodly Sin” (Robert Hood Remix) (Ostgut Ton)
38. Theo Parrish “Lake Shore Drive” (Sound Signature)
39. Untold “Stop What You Are Doing” (Hemlock)
40. Feadz “On All Forth” (Bpitch Control)
41. DJ Godfather “Unknown” (Databass)
42. Ghetto Classics Vol 2 “Aceler8″ (Dance Mania)
43. Benga “Go Tell Them” (Tempa)
44. Benga” Night” (Tempa)
45. Untold “I Cant Stop” (Hessle Audio)
46. Rude 66 “Die Stärke Der Vernichteten Schläge” (Bunker)
47. DJ Koze “Don’t Feed The Cat” (Kompakt)

Ardentbiscuit
11-15-2009, 12:17 PM
All this time I never noticed his bio on the Hard website.

Destructo (Gary Richards) began DJing and producing undergrounds in the early 90s in Los Angeles, most notably creating RaveAmerica at Knotts Berry Farm. Rick Rubin subsequently handpicked Gary for A&R in electronic music at Def American Recordings, launching a noteworthy career with such acts as Lords of Acid, Messiah, David Holmes, Basement Jaxx, Dub Pistols, God Lives Underwater and founding 1500 Records and Nitrus Records. After carrying his success to the metal world with No Name Mgmt, Destructo returned to his roots in 2007 by creating HARD. HARD events such as the HARD Haunted Mansion have become synonymous with cutting edge electronic music and unforgettable experiences, where the talent rosters reflect Destructo's own impeccable DJ sets.

eskamo951
11-16-2009, 03:36 PM
New Years Day Pool Party added. Of course, it's an additional $25.
http://fla.vor.us/wafform.aspx?_act=eventview&_pky=66482

Dr. Lufs-al-ot
11-16-2009, 06:04 PM
http://pure-essence.net/stuff/ICHC/funny-pictures-interesting-cat.jpg

ELECtROjan
11-16-2009, 06:56 PM
itd guess itd be BusyP/So-Me or Shadow Dancer/Boy8Bit + Atrak

Dr. Lufs-al-ot
11-17-2009, 02:27 PM
Boy 8-bit would make me want to go

Botrocker
11-18-2009, 10:21 AM
Boy 8-bit would make me want to go

Werd!

KushiNator420
11-24-2009, 11:04 PM
Didn't know in this situation, i've heard many many people talk about hard and say that their events aren't raves.

If that was going to happen i think they would announce it, if it does happen though i'll be sad i missed it though that's for sure because Erol KILLED IT at HARD 13.

THEY ARE DEFINATLY A RAVE, I PROMISE!!!!!!!!!
I thought that about HARD on Halloween last year, I kept hearing it wasnt a rave, and let me tell you, it was A REAL RAVE, SOOOOOOOOO FUCKING TIGHT!
EvErYoNe was thizzin, unlike monster and TAO, people are going cuz they hear ONE song by david guetta on the radio......... they areN'T even real ravers, BOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Wheres the beef?
12-01-2009, 08:53 PM
The Deadmau5 show was very sold out and there was no limit on coming and going to and from the floor.

That being said, my ticket says "GA FLOOR/First Come First Served" and since it is a HARD event I am thinking they just might limit floor access. I dunno though. Seems rather retarded but I wouldn't be surprised if they did.

I kinda wish I hadn't gotten a ticket so soon though. They will probably split it into two days and then I will have to buy another ticket if I want to see Boyz Noize.

truths
12-01-2009, 09:56 PM
I thought that about HARD on Halloween last year, I kept hearing it wasnt a rave, and let me tell you, it was A REAL RAVE, SOOOOOOOOO FUCKING TIGHT!
EvErYoNe was thizzin, unlike monster and TAO, people are going cuz they hear ONE song by david guetta on the radio......... they areN'T even real ravers, BOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Yea, Woo!!! hahah

Dr. Lufs-al-ot
12-04-2009, 06:34 PM
getting my ticket and hotel this weekend :)
shits getting serious

eskamo951
12-05-2009, 11:37 AM
Ticket has been purchased.

moomoo
12-05-2009, 11:49 AM

I am going to stop reading this thread and let this post sum it up for me.

guedita
12-06-2009, 09:53 PM
Ah, I accidentally posted a Q about this in the wrong thread....glad to see some of you are going, because I might end up here for NYE.

Dr. Lufs-al-ot
12-10-2009, 11:37 PM
I wonder how will call is going to be for this event

the will call at HHM was the best ive ever seen at any event, EVER

no line what-so-ever and this was before the event even started
no problems getting the tickets either

a simple get in, get out
and i was in the gates within 5 minutes (this was still before the actual gates to the event had even opened)

However the palladium is a total different story.

Hopefully HARD and Groovetickets can do it like they did HHM, nicely.

IdiotequeThom
12-10-2009, 11:45 PM
Ya, HHM did a great job with their entrance, our group just walked right through...

I'm a little concerned about TAO's entrance/will call situation; I have a feeling they won't be as organized.

oceansc420
12-12-2009, 05:16 PM

So basically it's a rave because there are drugs?

Dr. Lufs-al-ot
12-12-2009, 10:40 PM
^ shh dont listen to that idiot

who the fuck cares if its a "rave" or not?
its an all night music party where, yes, drugs are taken
call it what you wish

its a much better event than anything else going on new years (in socal at least)

brando4n82
12-13-2009, 11:54 AM
New Essential Mixes:

Boys Noize Essential Mix Oct2009: (http://www.zshare.net/download/66841761e959fbd9/)

trackilist:
1. Kenny Larkin “Rubbernotes” (Plus 8 Records)
2. DJ Funk “F** U Later” (Dancemania)
3. Boc Productions “Fall In Love” (Alan Braxe Remix) (Chez Records)
4. Fanton “Faithful” (Source)
5. Gene Farris “Disco Heaven” (Ian Pooley Mix 2) (Force Inc.)
5. Unknown Artist “Me And My Peoples Eyes” (White Lable)
6. Tres Demented “Brainfreeze” (Planet E)
7. Kenlou 4 “Mack Daddy Shoot” (MAW)
7. Ian Pooley “The Allnighter” (NRK)
7. Neon Lights “House Of Funk” (Jinxx Records)
8. Zongamin “Spiral” (XL)
9. Sylvester “Baby, Let’s Trip Out” (Secret Mixes Fixes Vol.9)
10. We’re Lofty Volt “Alter Flaw” (RVNG Intl.)
11. In Flagranti “I’m Sorry, I’m Terribly Sensitive” (Codek)
12. Kiki “Gas” (Bpitch Control)
13. Cassius “La Mouch” (DJ Falcon Vs. Harry Choo Choo Romeo Edit) (Virgin)
14. DJ Duke” Bonus” (Big Big Trax)
15. Dave Angel “Tokyo Stealth Fighter” (Carl Craig Remx) (4th & Broadway)
16. Matias Aguayo “Bo Jack” (Instrumental) (Comeme)
17. Errorsmith “Stiff Neck” (Errorsmith)
18. Feadz “Lisborg Error” (Ed Banger)
19. Plasticman “Hypokondriak” (Minus)
20. Ricardo Villalobos “Dexter” (Playhouse)
21. Sweet Light “Mecaniques Remontees” (Freak N Chic)
22. Cajmere “Come” (Green Velvet Mix) (Cajual Records)
23. Paul Jacobs “Motocross Madness” (Aquarius Records)
24. Geoffrey Williams “Sex Life” (Armand Van Helden Remix) (Hands On )Records
25. Like A Time “Like 6″ (Like Records)
26. Thomas Bangalter “What To Do” (Roule)
27. Daft Punk “Burnin’” (Ian Pooley Remix) (Virgin)
28. CZR “Chicago Southside” (International House Records)
29. Hugo Moya “Move” (Relief Records)
30. Track Stars “Horns & Bass” (Wanted Records)
31. Jeff Mills “The Bells” (Axis Records)
32. Dustin Zahn “Stranger” (Rekids)
33. Speedy J “Lee Mitten Menu” (Novamute)
34. Modeselektor “Turn Deaf” (Bpitch Control)
35. Rheingold “Dreiklangsdimensionen” (Welt Rekord / EMI)
36. Soundhack “Soundhack” (Soundhack)
37. Ben Klock “Goodly Sin” (Robert Hood Remix) (Ostgut Ton)
38. Theo Parrish “Lake Shore Drive” (Sound Signature)
39. Untold “Stop What You Are Doing” (Hemlock)
40. Feadz “On All Forth” (Bpitch Control)
41. DJ Godfather “Unknown” (Databass)
42. Ghetto Classics Vol 2 “Aceler8″ (Dance Mania)
43. Benga “Go Tell Them” (Tempa)
44. Benga” Night” (Tempa)
45. Untold “I Cant Stop” (Hessle Audio)
46. Rude 66 “Die Stärke Der Vernichteten Schläge” (Bunker)
47. DJ Koze “Don’t Feed The Cat” (Kompakt)

Ive been trying to find a download of this that includes all of the full versions of the songs he uses, Kind of like that justice essential mix package that was floating around. does anything like this even exist?

DJdharma
12-14-2009, 08:36 PM
^ shh dont listen to that idiot

who the fuck cares if its a "rave" or not?
its an all night music party where, yes, drugs are taken
call it what you wish

its a much better event than anything else going on new years (in socal at least)

AGREED!

Just got my VIP tix (well, will-call reciepts). I hope the will-call line works smooth. I figure Live Nation knows what they're doing. I havn't seen Boys Noize since Coachella 08, so I'm looking forward to this with new material. This is my first time at the Palladium too. See ya there!

Dr. Lufs-al-ot
12-14-2009, 11:41 PM
Ive been trying to find a download of this that includes all of the full versions of the songs he uses, Kind of like that justice essential mix package that was floating around. does anything like this even exist?

a mixture of youtube rips, itunes (yuck), and....*sigh*...limewire -_- got me a lot of the songs.

might i suggest Youtube Downloader (http://youtubedownload.altervista.org/)

I love how he went into 90's filter house mixed in with modern day filter house
not the typical electro i was expecting out of the mix.

It makes me twice as excited to see him again, as frankly, the last time I saw him (Lollapalooza) it pas pretty sub par. Just too much generic electro IMO

(although watching him at sunset with a rainbow overhead was bliss)

benoprstu
12-15-2009, 03:00 PM
Boys Noize will be super dope, esp since it's a two-hour sets\ it will bring about a dynamism that is rarely seen out of him because most sets are hour long.

Is anyone thinking about A-Trak though? His new shit is hot and I love this interview I just read about him.
http://bit.ly/4Sf4jl

ELECtROjan
12-15-2009, 03:01 PM
hey ben, how were Villains?

benoprstu
12-15-2009, 03:06 PM
Villains were super dope, they bring it pretty heavy and they're great technically.
One thing I would of enjoyed more was variation in heaveyness, it was ALL heavy tracks, some more epic or fun stuff would of been appreciated too.
Here's actually a vid of them @ DANCEiSM
JZ-CblGy7hY

Funny enough it's starts with my favorite song atm by A-Trak - Heads will Roll Remix
I think i'm most stoked to see A-Trak HARD NYE

ELECtROjan
12-15-2009, 03:29 PM
Yea Ive heard that they play a deep set thats usually solid but definitely lacks diversity in its sound. Glad to hear Danceism is goin well though, congrats. Im good friends with Even Ross and Laurel Tincher from USC and family ties and i just graduated so i saw the company grow. Good to see u on here man, this forums got some great people who know their music so have fun here and knock the lucker status off quickly...

Dr. Lufs-al-ot
12-15-2009, 08:00 PM
I wonder how security is going to be at this event

I remember last time i was there it was a simple pat pat on the waist and thigh, no problemo's

hmmmm....

El.C.Dub
12-15-2009, 09:08 PM
When I saw deadmau5 this year at the Palladium some of the security staff were being total pricks. I found it hilarious at the time: I remember standing outside in the smoking area and watching some skinny kandee raver hitting his little pipe, only to get ambushed by this obnoxious stereotypical black security guard who took his weed and smoked it right in front of him.

benoprstu
12-16-2009, 10:05 AM
@ElCduc Are you serioouss!? security do that shit? sounds like a mortal kombat finishing move aha

@electrojan watupp! yea im new here, excited though. question, how do i knock the lurker status?

leo01g
12-16-2009, 11:07 AM
post more I think after 30 you become a member

benoprstu
12-17-2009, 01:26 PM
thanks @leo01g

Has anyone touched on the fact that HARD NYE is doing a special 2hr set for each act? I feel like that'll be epic. I wonder the set times if it goes til 4.
Boys Noize 12-2 for the new years?

ELECtROjan
12-17-2009, 01:31 PM
I'm guessing set times will be:

Gary 9-10
A-trak 10-12
BN: 12 - 2
Mehdi 2 - 4

The only switch would be Mehdi and A-Trak but considering A-trak is much bigger and people will really wanna see him I think he'll be before so you dont have to wait till 2

benoprstu
12-17-2009, 01:38 PM
Or! Put Atrak on at 2 because people will wait for him!
NYE is the one event where people want to stay late!
I remember having a new years party that went til 1pm the next day, after that i felt, *ugh.

ficklecycle
12-17-2009, 01:47 PM
Or! Put Atrak on at 2 because people will wait for him!
NYE is the one event where people want to stay late!
I remember having a new years party that went til 1pm the next day, after that i felt, *ugh.

That sounds like a killer NYE party!

Good to see you on here Ben!

DFrank
12-17-2009, 03:12 PM
Ahh...im considering going to NYE now. Either this or go to vegas?
I would hope the set times make it so A-trak finishes the show with Boys Noize dropping it at midnight, yes?

DJdharma
12-17-2009, 05:17 PM
Ahh...im considering going to NYE now. Either this or go to vegas?

Vegas?

I would hope the set times make it so A-trak finishes the show with Boys Noize dropping it at midnight, yes?

YESSS!!!

Dr. Lufs-al-ot
12-17-2009, 05:19 PM
I'm guessing set times will be:

Gary 9-10
A-trak 10-12
BN: 12 - 2
Mehdi 2 - 4

The only switch would be Mehdi and A-Trak but considering A-trak is much bigger and people will really wanna see him I think he'll be before so you dont have to wait till 2

Id be perfectly fine with this arrangement.

DJdharma
12-17-2009, 05:23 PM
Boys Noize will be super dope, esp since it's a two-hour sets\ it will bring about a dynamism that is rarely seen out of him because most sets are hour long.http://bit.ly/4Sf4jl

Must agree on the 2 hour sets. A good DJ really gets a chance to DEVELOP a great set with more time. Sorta like a long roller coaster ride!

Is anyone thinking about A-Trak though? His new shit is hot and I love this interview I just read about him.
http://bit.ly/4Sf4jl

I am excited about A-Trak. I havn't seen him since his performance with Kid Sister a couple of Coachellas ago. I'm really looking forward to his new stuff!

PC-2 Violence
12-18-2009, 06:59 PM
Vegas is meh for New Years. All madness and shuffling around.

PC-2 Violence
12-18-2009, 07:11 PM
Is there an official roll call of who is going?

ficklecycle
12-18-2009, 07:13 PM

No but someone needs to get this started. Put me on there!

ELECtROjan
12-19-2009, 02:06 AM
a lot of people on here that would be going to this will be up in SF for Sea of Dreams. Should be fun tho... Atrak is a lot better in a club then a festival, Mehdi was dope at the Bangalter night, and Boys Noize is always solid. And the Palladium is a great venue also

PC-2 Violence
12-19-2009, 09:38 AM
a lot of people on here that would be going to this will be up in SF for Sea of Dreams. Should be fun tho... Atrak is a lot better in a club then a festival, Mehdi was dope at the Bangalter night, and Boys Noize is always solid. And the Palladium is a great venue also

Thank you Russel for completely avoiding the question, and summing up everything I have already known for 3 months.

Since I have not spent very much time in this thread I was expecting someone like ficklecycle to take a roll call.

ELECtROjan
12-19-2009, 09:45 AM
anytime. i try

DJdharma
12-19-2009, 11:14 AM
OK here it is...

ROLL CALL!

DJdharma + 3 guests
Ficklecycle
Dr Lufs-al-ot ?

Who else?
Maybe we can put together a little meet up too!

guedita
12-19-2009, 11:20 AM
If I go, it will be a last minute decision.

Donaldj
12-19-2009, 11:22 AM

AJ, I'm most likely going with Ryan and Erika.

PC-2 Violence
12-19-2009, 01:12 PM
AJ, I'm most likely going with Ryan and Erika.

I would love to meet all the new boardies and I will be with Donald and Ryan and Erika and Im sure a bunch more. We will iron out the details as ppl confirm.

DJdharma
12-19-2009, 03:14 PM
Update...

ROLL CALL!

DJdharma + 3 guests
Ficklecycle
Donaldj + 2
Kingsblend420 + 1
Eskamo51 + 1
Patsfan454 + 1
PC-2 Violence
Dr Lufs-al-ot
guedita - maybe

DJdharma
12-19-2009, 03:20 PM
If I go, it will be a last minute decision.

Sea of Dreams sucks.

Well, that settles it guedita, you gotta come join us. I know you had a great time at HHM, and this is a great lineup and venue.

guedita
12-19-2009, 05:09 PM
I know, I want to! I'll be in Santa Barbara though, so my whole nye plans are somewhat up in the air. I'll work on convincing/persuading my date....I'll do my best to make it and meet you all.

R41N570RM
12-19-2009, 06:20 PM
sign me up for that meet up

DJdharma
12-19-2009, 09:31 PM
I know, I want to! I'll be in Santa Barbara though, so my whole nye plans are somewhat up in the air. I'll work on convincing/persuading my date....I'll do my best to make it and meet you all.

OK. We'll keep you + 1 on the list as a maybe!:dumbo

sign me up for that meet up

You got it!

DJdharma
12-19-2009, 09:34 PM
Update...

ROLL CALL!

DJdharma + 3 guests
Ficklecycle
Donaldj + 2
Kingsblend420 + 1
Eskamo51 + 1
Patsfan454 + 1
PC-2 Violence
Dr Lufs-al-ot
R41N570RM
guedita - maybe

PC-2 Violence
12-20-2009, 08:31 AM
Good job Dharma! I dont know if I will be there early enough to arrange a pre-meetup but we usually meet-up in an outside area while we catch some fresh air and use the bathroom/grab water and such.

DJdharma
12-20-2009, 09:34 AM
Yeah PC-2, a pre-meet-up sounds good too. We're gonna be staying at the Quality (or Comfort Inn) about a mile up the street so if anyone wants to do an Adventurer style pre-party we may be able to arrange that in addition to meeting at the venue.

Devin the Dude
12-21-2009, 01:02 PM
man, i wish so badly that i could be at both Sea of Dreams and this.

send me ctrpllrs
12-21-2009, 06:06 PM
I just got my schedule for next week and I'm off NYE, so I'll be going to HARD with two friends of mine. Work is going to suck the next day, but it is at 4:45 PM so it isn't too bad. This will be my first rave since HHM 08, not counting HSF 09, very excited.

DJdharma
12-21-2009, 09:36 PM
Update...

ROLL CALL!

DJdharma + 3 guests
Ficklecycle
Donaldj + 2
Kingsblend420 + 1
Eskamo51 + 1
Patsfan454 + 1
PC-2 Violence
Dr Lufs-al-ot
R41N570RM
Send me ctrpllrs + 2
Ben Oprstu + 1
guedita - maybe

Cool Ctrpllrs! Just stay awake and work will be easier.
See ya there Ben!