PDA

View Full Version : Official Confirmed Artists for 2010

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65

BlackSwan
10-14-2009, 04:26 PM
Racs at Coachella were very good, no doubt. But their set at Bonnaroo two months later was just transcendent. It made Coachella look like kid's play. At that point I realized that Racs were just as good as the white stripes

I remember thinking The White Stripes set at Bonnaroo in '07 was really great, but I was also really high and tierd.

paulb
10-14-2009, 04:28 PM
I don't have any problem with The Beastie Boys but will MCA be healthy by April?

he is already saying he is feeling alot better now....you should read his health update he wrote a week or 2 ago... Mixmaster Mike was saying he was hoping to play shows with the boys in December..... so, April seems like plenty of time!

sbessiso
10-14-2009, 04:29 PM
No you're correct, sir. The White Stripes at Bonnaroo is still my number one show ever. It was so good that at the end of it I thought I peed my pants. I mean I could feel the warm liquid running down my legs and everything but when I checked I was dry as a bone.

Raconteurs at Bonnaroo 08 were so good that I actually did pee my pants a little. No lie

suprefan
10-14-2009, 04:39 PM
Considering how much more expensive coachella tickets are than bonnaroo (plus you have to pay even more for camping) it's no surprise that they make a bigger profit.

Bonnaroo makes a lot more profit than Coachella. They own the land the festival is put on, they dont have to pay extra to lease it, and Roo has more people attend (cause they have more capacity), so an extra 20,000 people means $$$$$.

liquidsnake28
10-14-2009, 04:40 PM
So you're saying Pollstar and dorkfish are wrong?

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
10-14-2009, 05:26 PM
gross and profit are 2 different things for the record.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
10-14-2009, 05:26 PM
I see nation is back in full effect. I will be shocked if Muse isn't the headliner he alluded to.

liquidsnake28
10-14-2009, 05:30 PM
gross and profit are 2 different things for the record.

I thought pollstar was listing profits. My mistake.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
10-14-2009, 05:33 PM
the ideas.. well, my ideas were to discuss my ideas with paul.. and he fucking said, maybe. which is close to a yes haha. but take that as whatever.

my ideas weren't to post to a couple of vets in october.. that's for sure.

full form.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
10-14-2009, 05:34 PM
Coachella 2010

Thom Yorke -> Massive Attack -> Muse
Iggy & The Stooges -> Faith No More -> Beastie Boys
The Dead Weather -> Pavement -> Pearl Jam

I could live with this. It would allow me to spend time away from the main stage except on Friday.

Boourns
10-14-2009, 08:00 PM
I could live with this. It would allow me to spend time away from the main stage except on Friday.

If it was like that, I would either only attend Friday or fly elsewhere for a Thom solo show.

Somewhat Damaged
10-14-2009, 10:09 PM
I see nation is back in full effect. I will be shocked if Muse isn't the headliner he eluded to.

Alluded to, too.

rage patton
10-15-2009, 12:22 AM

Really? I would be camped out at the mainstage all 3 days. With the exception of Saturday night in 08, I barely spent anytime at the mainstage the last 2 years.

Jman4321
10-15-2009, 01:13 AM
I'd be at the main for some amount of time each night with that configuration. About the same as every year

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
10-15-2009, 02:26 AM
Alluded to, too.

spellz I cannot.

PassiveTheory
10-15-2009, 05:42 AM
18 pages and not one actual goddamn confirmation. Keep up the good work.

orbit
10-15-2009, 05:44 AM
I see nation is back in full effect. I will be shocked if Muse isn't the headliner he alluded to.

who?

ArcadeParade
10-15-2009, 06:16 AM
I'd like confirmed dates

somebodytoldme
10-15-2009, 06:53 AM
ArcadeParade, the dates of Coachella this year are the 16th - 18th of April.

Also, let's not even go down the road of a Smiths reunion this year (not that I personally ever expect one) because Johnny Marr only seems to getting less and less talkative and fed up about the matter. Here's what he told Pitchfork in a new interview:

"Pitchfork: You said in a recent interview that you and Morrissey aren't feuding, and that you email with each other. Is that true?

JM: I'm done talking about that shit. Who cares?"

leo01g
10-15-2009, 08:13 AM
Give us the goods nation!

Boourns
10-15-2009, 08:17 AM
The stars will have eyes and ears at Coachella!

Somewhat Damaged
10-15-2009, 08:24 AM
Why is anybody on nationocean's jock? What has he ever provided that's given him any more credibility than any other jackass who comes in here and says something like, "Well, when I was talking to Paul, I suggested..."? Wow, what a bold fucking statement that Muse is going to headline. He MUST have some insider knowledge if he's asserting that it's a fact and not just something everybody here has been speculating for the last 2 months!

Passive: good work complaining about something you've been more than complicit in before yourself. Keep it up! You're getting to be a real barnstormer.

nationocean
10-15-2009, 08:32 AM
^ exactly. jebus people, time to get off the bus and start driving yourselves...

nationocean
10-15-2009, 08:34 AM
also, i hate muse, and i would never want one of my false rumors to be about muse. that just makes me feel icky inside.

also also, it was a stupid convo about handheld camera marketing in january for goldenvoice. oh goodie for me.

are we all happy now, lets get back to 'confirmations' that won't happen for another couple of weeks. kthx.

captncrzy
10-15-2009, 08:38 AM
I have nations list but I cannot share it. I hope he's right about one of his choices.

nationocean
10-15-2009, 08:41 AM
some of the other choices i was serious about.

captncrzy
10-15-2009, 08:42 AM
Are you serious about the big headliner? I mean, the big big one?

rage patton
10-15-2009, 08:43 AM
18 pages and not one actual goddamn confirmation. Keep up the good work.

Take a breath Lee. Now breathe out. How long have you been here now? You should know by not that this is the natural order of thing. And we do have two confirmations and a bunch of strong rumours. If you want, we could let Scoop control the "confirmed" thread like last year...

rage patton
10-15-2009, 08:56 AM
arcade fire, faith no more.. those shouldn't be surprises to anyone..

Faith No More will be there, big surprise. But are you saying as a healiner? And Arcade Fire doesn't make any sense for next year. They wont have a new album out in time.

I don't even know why I am paying any attention to you. You basically told me either Faith No More and/or The Specials were going to be there next year and neither panned out.

sbessiso
10-15-2009, 08:58 AM
AF, Muse and FNM would make it easier for me to skip next year

rage patton
10-15-2009, 08:59 AM
You are thinking about skipping next year!? Seriously?

Also, I thought you said you were going to give FNM a chance. I gotta go to the classes now, but I will send you some youtubes later.

Leeartlee
10-15-2009, 09:01 AM
I think there are more than enough youtubes of FMN on here to satisfy anyones interest

nationocean
10-15-2009, 09:01 AM
look it's not my fault mike patton wanted it to happen and the rest of the band, mostly roddy, wasn't ready yet with wrapping up his other projects. ask him, roddy is really easy to get a hold of, it isn't some secret.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
10-15-2009, 09:03 AM
If it was like that, I would either only attend Friday or fly elsewhere for a Thom solo show.

You're just looking for an excuse to save your $$$ and fly to Glaston :thu

sbessiso
10-15-2009, 09:07 AM
You are thinking about skipping next year!? Seriously?

Also, I thought you said you were going to give FNM a chance. I gotta go to the classes now, but I will send you some youtubes later.

Yes theres a good chance I wont be there next year. And I was going to give them a chance but you KNOW im not going to go apeshit over it. please no youtubes I dont like watching them

BlackSwan
10-15-2009, 09:15 AM
I have nations list but I cannot share it. I hope he's right about one of his choices.

But you are going to post them all November 2nd, right?

A_1_B_2
10-15-2009, 09:34 AM
Up 1 vote, down 2 votes.

captncrzy
10-15-2009, 09:34 AM
But you are going to post them all November 2nd, right?

Yes, sir.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
10-15-2009, 09:53 AM
I'm more stoked for Menik. Jeff and Brad's lists. But nation's sounds exciting.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
10-15-2009, 09:54 AM
AF, Muse and FNM would make it easier for me to skip next year

FAIL.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
10-15-2009, 10:01 AM
Why is anybody on nationocean's jock? What has he ever provided that's given him any more credibility than any other jackass who comes in here and says something like, "Well, when I was talking to Paul, I suggested..."? Wow, what a bold fucking statement that Muse is going to headline. He MUST have some insider knowledge if he's asserting that it's a fact and not just something everybody here has been speculating for the last 2 months!

Passive: good work complaining about something you've been more than complicit in before yourself. Keep it up! You're getting to be a real barnstormer.

Believe nation.

sbessiso
10-15-2009, 10:07 AM
FAIL.

wanna pay for me?

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
10-15-2009, 10:18 AM
Jesus. I can't believe its starting already. I know I was guilty about this last year (but there were other factors involved) but none of you should be thinking of skipping out based on the "rumored" line up. Are the rumors ever correct? (maybe 30% of the time).
Y'all need to chill the fuck down. Has the Coachella line up ever disappointed anyone?

higgybaby23
10-15-2009, 10:23 AM
Has the Coachella line up ever disappointed anyone?

Please don't open that can of worms.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
10-15-2009, 10:23 AM
wanna pay for me?

If you can't go because of $$$ then I can understand. But don't say its because of the AF, FNM and Muse. That's just retarded.

Young blood
10-15-2009, 10:24 AM
Blur
Iggy pop
Beastie Boys
Pavement

I just confirmed it.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
10-15-2009, 10:24 AM
Blur
Iggy pop
Beastie Boys
Pavement

I just confirmed it.

WINNAR!

sbessiso
10-15-2009, 10:27 AM
If you can't go because of $$$ then I can understand. But don't say its because of the AF, FNM and Muse. That's just retarded.

it certainly would make the sting less painful

Leeartlee
10-15-2009, 10:29 AM

This is the basic argument of Headliners vs. The Rest of the Lineup. Until we get some solid leads on the headliners, preemptive "Fuck that shit" should probably be put on hold. That's my opinion anyways...

Gribbz
10-15-2009, 10:32 AM
I would still go if U2, Pearl Jam, and Muse headlined.

However, I would be EXTREMELY reluctant.

sonofhal
10-15-2009, 10:34 AM
I've only watched 2 complete headline sets in the last 6 years. It's all about the overall lineup. Chances are I'm not going to like the headliners.

Gribbz
10-15-2009, 10:38 AM
I'd like to have at least ONE headliner I'm interested in. However, it is not essential.

menikmati
10-15-2009, 10:39 AM
Total headliners I saw all 5 years I've gone, let's see:

2005:
Coldplay: about half the set
NIN: about half the set

2006:
Depeche Mode: no
Tool: no

2007:
Bjork: No
RHCP: No
RATM: Yes

2008:
Jack Johnson: No
Prince: Yes (from afar)
Roger Waters: Yes (from afar)

2009:
Paul McCartney: Yes
The Killers: No
The Cure: No

Counting Coldplay and NIN (even though they weren't full sets), I've watched 6/13 headliners...meaning I've seen 46% of all available headliners from the times I've gone, which proves they really aren't that important when it comes down to it...I stress and worry more about the Sahara headliners anyway.

Leeartlee
10-15-2009, 10:43 AM
I'm going to be totally honest. One of the biggest reasons I want good headliners is not for me, but so that I can convince my friends to attend. I know, I know, if my friends aren't into the middle card and the unknowns then fuck em, right?

But Coachella, like so many things, is not so fun by yourself. The more people the merrier. So every year, I pray for headliners that people would want to see.

Again, the headliners are never a deal breaker for me, but they do help to sweeten the deal, as it were.

sbessiso
10-15-2009, 10:46 AM
I like the headliners. I cant afford their shows on their own or simply dont have a chance to ever see them. Hell, if the fucking killers barely (and I mean just barely) made it to FL this year

Gribbz
10-15-2009, 10:47 AM
I'm going to be totally honest. One of the biggest reasons I want good headliners is not for me, but so that I can convince my friends to attend. I know, I know, if my friends aren't into the middle card and the unknowns then fuck em, right?

This is actually a good point. This used to be a problem for me.

I'm happy now that I have so many friends now that will go no matter what.

betao
10-15-2009, 10:48 AM
Counting Coldplay and NIN (even though they weren't full sets), I've watched 6/13 headliners...meaning I've seen 46% of all available headliners from the times I've gone, which proves they really aren't that important when it comes down to it...I stress and worry more about the Sahara headliners anyway.

This.

I can catch almost any headliner when they do their own gig over here in DC (or even in Richmond!) later that year or the next year.

It's names like The Chemical Brothers, Underworld, and Orbital that I won't get to see in my neck of the woods.

Plain and simple, there just has to be a somewhat balanced in terms of big and small names that I like on the lineup to get me to make the trek out there.

I remember in 08, my roommate came with me. Upon seeing the lineup, the only name he listened to was Pendulum. He dropped 1,000 dollars to come out here and knew practically no one. Now that's open minded!

Boourns
10-15-2009, 10:49 AM
This is the basic argument of Headliners vs. The Rest of the Lineup. Until we get some solid leads on the headliners, preemptive "Fuck that shit" should probably be put on hold. That's my opinion anyways...

Good point.

I just need want:
-a dozen or so bands per day that I want to see and the scheduling gods allowing me to see most of them
-some of the acts that are long overdue, not split up, affordable, etc that have never played Coachella finally playing
-one amazing headliner to get excited about and one or two I would be willing to watch
-subheadliners including some acts that I not only excited about but also can't readily see elsewhere
-someone that makes me go "holy shit, I finally get to see them!?!"
-in the event of a Killers/JJ kind of bad headliner, something awesome going on elsewhere (this year had Glass Candy->Gang Gang Dance but I made the dumb mistake of ducking out early for the Chems->MSTRKRFT mediocrity)
-barbecue
-Hasselhoff in the tent

Headliners and other big names aren't everything obviously but they do matter when it is over $300 for a 3 day pass, plus a lot more for transportation/food/lodging. If all I see are 20 acts that I could see for $10-25 each at the echo/fonda/troubadour... Seeing McCartney and Cohen on the same day is a bargain, for example, and can a price be put on the only Portishead show or the debut of the Daft Punk pyramid?

sonofhal
10-15-2009, 10:50 AM

But Coachella, like so many things, is not so fun by yourself. The more people the merrier. So every year, I pray for headliners that people would want to see.

Again, the headliners are never a deal breaker for me, but they do help to sweeten the deal, as it were.

Get new friends.

Gribbz
10-15-2009, 10:53 AM
Good point.

I just need want:
-a dozen or so bands per day that I want to see and the scheduling gods allowing me to see most of them
-some of the acts that are long overdue, not split up, affordable, etc that have never played Coachella finally playing
-one amazing headliner to get excited about and one or two I would be willing to watch
-subheadliners including some acts that I not only excited about but also can't readily see elsewhere
-someone that makes me go "holy shit, I finally get to see them!?!"
-in the event of a Killers/JJ kind of bad headliner, something awesome going on elsewhere (this year had Glass Candy->Gang Gang Dance but I made the dumb mistake of ducking out early for the Chems->MSTRKRFT mediocrity)
-barbecue
-Hasselhoff in the tent

Gang Gang Dance were one of my favorite sets of the weekend. You should have seen their show at The Troubadour Frank.

PassiveTheory
10-15-2009, 10:57 AM
Take a breath Lee. Now breathe out. How long have you been here now? You should know by not that this is the natural order of thing. And we do have two confirmations and a bunch of strong rumours. If you want, we could let Scoop control the "confirmed" thread like last year...

That's not the issue at hand here, otherwise I would feel inclined as to express that sentiment in every fucking thread in the rumors section of the board. This is the Confirmed artists thread, why the fuck is it being bumped if there have been no fucking confirmations since the initial 2? Who gives a shit if your aunt's co-worker's cousin heard that Muse was headlining while giving Matt Bellamy head, it's not anything worthwhile whatsoever.

Leeartlee
10-15-2009, 10:59 AM
Speaking of "someone that makes me go 'holy shit, I finally get to see them!?!'" groups, my super wish list this year would be Kings of Convenience. I looked at their complete touring schedule and it makes sad. Outdoor stage, these guys were meant to play.

moomoo
10-15-2009, 11:15 AM
That's not the issue at hand here, otherwise I would feel inclined as to express that sentiment in every fucking thread in the rumors section of the board. This is the Confirmed artists thread, why the fuck is it being bumped if there have been no fucking confirmations since the initial 2? Who gives a shit if your aunt's co-worker's cousin heard that Muse was headlining while giving Matt Bellamy head, it's not anything worthwhile whatsoever.

1. look at first page of thread

2. ignore mindless banter about lineup possibilities

3. stop caring

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
10-15-2009, 11:21 AM
can a price be put on the only Portishead show or the debut of the Daft Punk pyramid?

This. This is why we love Coachella. Don't any of you forget that.

obzen
10-15-2009, 11:22 AM
We will never forget.

paulb
10-15-2009, 11:25 AM
Blur
Iggy pop
Beastie Boys
Pavement

I just confirmed it.

best Coachella ever.

Leeartlee
10-15-2009, 11:26 AM
This. This is why we love Coachella. Don't any of you forget that.

You tell those haters

psycobetabuckdown
10-15-2009, 12:02 PM
Get new friends.

Where the hell do people find these friends? Do I have to move to LA or London?

captncrzy
10-15-2009, 12:14 PM

http://www.foundshit.com/images/crying-baby-doll.jpg

sonofhal
10-15-2009, 01:18 PM
Confirmed: Falcon Heene - In the sahara - DJ set - floating around the tent in a balloon.

Boourns
10-15-2009, 01:39 PM
Confirmed: Falcon Heene - In the sahara - DJ set - floating around the tent in a balloon.

http://coachella.com/forum_images/coachella09_mb_header.gif

Young blood
10-15-2009, 02:07 PM
hahahahahahaha

obzen
10-15-2009, 02:38 PM
nice.

nbvcide
10-15-2009, 03:06 PM

you'd not go to 2/3 of coachella based only on headliner & sub on main stage?? i have only even watched one headliner a year the last three years! and 2 1/2 subs total in the last three years..

i don't give a fuck, i'd buy a ticket right fucking now if they'd let me, lineup unseen.. i was even saying at the last PAWty that i hope there are LESS acts i wanna see this year, just so i can relax and enjoy everything more, rather than running around like a chicken with my head cut off for one or two of the days..

proof headliners & sub dont mean shit: this year, saturday had the most packed lineup for me of the weekend.. and i didn't even have an interest in seeing Killers, Winehouse, Thievery, or MSTRKRFT, which were more than the top two lines of the poster.. i wanted to see all but about five of all the remaining acts that day though..

nbvcide
10-15-2009, 03:09 PM
Yes theres a good chance I wont be there next year. And I was going to give them a chance but you KNOW im not going to go apeshit over it. please no youtubes I dont like watching them

fuck you salah, you're going!!

period.

rage patton
10-15-2009, 03:31 PM
Good work Chris. Good work Boourns.

suprefan
10-15-2009, 03:47 PM
best Coachella ever.

3 of those acts have played on the same weekend before. Its called 2003, best coachella ever deja vu? You lose Paul...

sbessiso
10-15-2009, 05:53 PM
fuck you salah, you're going!!

period.

I guess I cant argue with that

rage patton
10-15-2009, 05:55 PM
I guess I cant argue with that

Becky just found out she will be able to make it this year. She will be so disapointed if you aren't there. :( We could reprise our neighbourship!

Somewhat Damaged
10-15-2009, 07:51 PM

Dammit, Passive, when I saw that you'd posted in this thread, I thought it was to announce another confirmed artist, what with this being the "Official Confirmed Artists for 2010" thread and all. Why the fuck else would you bump it?

Somewhat Damaged
10-15-2009, 07:55 PM
Believe nation.

Oh, okay, if you're gonna make such a convincing argument. What a fool I was to have doubted him.

nationocean
10-15-2009, 08:15 PM
oh rick, you are so serioussss

cansei de ser sexme
10-15-2009, 08:55 PM
wait has the pretty lights confirmation been posted in here yet?

drowningmatt
10-15-2009, 09:04 PM
wait has the pretty lights confirmation been posted in here yet?

check the first post

cansei de ser sexme
10-15-2009, 09:10 PM
Haha my bad.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
10-16-2009, 06:49 AM
Oh, okay, if you're gonna make such a convincing argument. What a fool I was to have doubted him.

calmate guey!

bonerfromgrowingpains
10-16-2009, 12:24 PM
FIXED

The FIXED CMJ Freakout Chapter 1

Wednesday October 21st, 2009

With special live guests...

AEROPLANE (Ghent, Belgium)
(FIRST NEW YORK PERFORMANCE!!!)
http://www.myspace.com/aeroplanemusiclove

Aeroplane are one of the most exciting and raddest new up and coming
dance music producers of our time and we're so stoked to be hosting
their very first New York performance. Aeroplane are producing my
favorite futuristic sounds at the moment. They are the men behind what
is by far the best remix of the year...their remix of Paris by
Friendly Fires featuring Au Revior Simone and their remixes of Grace
Jones, Au Revior Simone and Robbie Williams, and Sebastien Tellier's
Kilometer, along with their original tracks, have illuminated
basically every major festival over the past year. Aeroplane are so
rad that they've already managed to make the 2010 Coachella line up.
We've been trying to bring them over to play Fixed for almost a year
now and on Wednesday October 21st, 2009 they will finally be
performing for YOU New York. I am seriously so f%#king stoked for
this!!! You should be too!!!This will surely be a night that will go
down in History. Be a part of history on Wednesday October 21st, 2009
at the first Chapter of FIXED's epic 2009 CMJ saga!!!

Somewhat Damaged
10-16-2009, 01:19 PM
calmate guey!

I asked a pretty basic question: to paraphrase, why should nationocean be given any more credibility than anyone else who posts in this thread. Your response was, "Believe nation." I don't know if you're just taking the piss and trying to wind me up, but if you're being serious, you're not very persuasive with short, cryptic replies. What predictions, or better yet, revelations, has the guy made that should lend him any greater credence than rage patton or Boourns or Devin the Dude or TeamCoachellaHellYeah or...?

blackchango
10-16-2009, 02:33 PM
FIXED

The FIXED CMJ Freakout Chapter 1

Wednesday October 21st, 2009

With special live guests...

AEROPLANE (Ghent, Belgium)
(FIRST NEW YORK PERFORMANCE!!!)
http://www.myspace.com/aeroplanemusiclove

Aeroplane are one of the most exciting and raddest new up and coming
dance music producers of our time and we're so stoked to be hosting
their very first New York performance. Aeroplane are producing my
favorite futuristic sounds at the moment. They are the men behind what
is by far the best remix of the year...their remix of Paris by
Friendly Fires featuring Au Revior Simone and their remixes of Grace
Jones, Au Revior Simone and Robbie Williams, and Sebastien Tellier's
Kilometer, along with their original tracks, have illuminated
basically every major festival over the past year. Aeroplane are so
rad that they've already managed to make the 2010 Coachella line up.
We've been trying to bring them over to play Fixed for almost a year
now and on Wednesday October 21st, 2009 they will finally be
performing for YOU New York. I am seriously so f%#king stoked for
this!!! You should be too!!!This will surely be a night that will go
down in History. Be a part of history on Wednesday October 21st, 2009
at the first Chapter of FIXED's epic 2009 CMJ saga!!!
Nice find mang!

summerkid
10-16-2009, 02:40 PM
nice they should have been there last year.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
10-16-2009, 03:08 PM
I asked a pretty basic question: to paraphrase, why should nationocean be given any more credibility than anyone else who posts in this thread. Your response was, "Believe nation." I don't know if you're just taking the piss and trying to wind me up, but if you're being serious, you're not very persuasive with short, cryptic replies. What predictions, or better yet, revelations, has the guy made that should lend him any greater credence than rage patton or Boourns or Devin the Dude or TeamCoachellaHellYeah or...?

namely things nation disclosed with me personally. Nothing further then that.

sbessiso
10-16-2009, 03:40 PM
Becky just found out she will be able to make it this year. She will be so disapointed if you aren't there. :( We could reprise our neighbourship!

That sounds so glorious. I'll make sure to wear my Kanadian Kandee!! Skipping Coachella is not something I want to do and hopefully I can swing both but Glasto this year is going to be once in a lifetime.

crazzz2007
10-16-2009, 04:10 PM
aeroplane is pretty bad. what the hell?

menikmati
10-16-2009, 04:25 PM
Oh boy....signs of a shitty sahara to come?

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
10-16-2009, 04:28 PM
what about Orbital? I thought they were a lawq?

menikmati
10-16-2009, 04:46 PM
they better be

suprefan
10-16-2009, 04:46 PM

No, they could be a Dome act, and all is well.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
10-16-2009, 04:47 PM
they better be

seriously tho. I can think of 5 great acts that could be in the Sahara next year. Next year should be great.

suprefan
10-16-2009, 05:16 PM
Yeah but all 5 of them are Sahara headliners.. So................

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
10-16-2009, 05:18 PM
nyet.

orbit
10-16-2009, 05:23 PM
namely things nation disclosed with me personally. Nothing further then that.

keep it personally then. stop making a big deal of everything he/she says here if only you know those things.

Boourns
10-16-2009, 05:27 PM
Fat Tire will be replacing Heineken and cost only $4 and Bowie is playing with Arcade Fire as his band.

guest-1185
10-16-2009, 05:38 PM
Agreed TCHY. There's a ton of top flight talent around for the dance tent. I don't see why we couldn't get two.

kindablue
10-16-2009, 05:44 PM
Fat Tire will be replacing Heineken and cost only $4 and Bowie is playing with Arcade Fire as his band.

FTW!!! how are you able to see into my dreams?

headrush
10-16-2009, 07:35 PM
regardless of who plays im going. as a matter of fact, if i could preorder tickets for the next 10 years i would. if the cure didn't ruin my time at coachella, NOBODY CAN! and if youre so convinced the lineup is atrocious and dont want to attend, why are you wasting all your time posting on coachella threads? just saying....

obzen
10-16-2009, 07:55 PM

Somewhat Damaged
10-16-2009, 10:56 PM
keep it personally then. stop making a big deal of everything he/she says here if only you know those things.

This. (Ooh, that was my first time getting to use that. It feels so refreshing!)

Based on one supposed confirmation? Jesus fuck, dude, I'm a huge Nirvana fan myself but you take being dour to a whole new stratosphere.

HGcoachella
10-18-2009, 02:23 PM
as of right now who's all confirmed?

Boourns
10-18-2009, 02:24 PM
Radiohead

Leeartlee
10-18-2009, 03:50 PM
and The Village People

emtgreg
10-18-2009, 04:20 PM
U2!

kitt kat
10-18-2009, 10:21 PM
why did my little sister just call me and tell me KOL was headlining?

EW
EW
EW
EW
EWWWWWWWWWWW

Aurgasm
10-18-2009, 10:23 PM

EW
EW
EW
EW
EWWWWWWWWWWW

she's probably full of shit. dont have to ew so much quite yet..

guest-1185
10-18-2009, 10:27 PM

EW
EW
EW
EW
EWWWWWWWWWWW

How does her word carry enough authority to be cause for concern?

kitt kat
10-18-2009, 10:30 PM
Hahaha I dunno, but the sheer thought of it made me vomit.

She's all...

I am totally coming to Coachella with you this year. My favorite band is playing! Kings of Leon!

ewwww

obzen
10-18-2009, 10:36 PM
http://c2.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/1/l_a026488ab8f64641819bbcb1d7ef3945.jpg

Boourns
10-18-2009, 10:38 PM
We already have way too many legit subheadliner possibilities and acts potentially getting promoted to headliner status for KoL to be either of these.

menikmati
10-18-2009, 10:40 PM
Why would she call and say that out of the blue?

emtgreg
10-18-2009, 10:41 PM
Remember, no one actually knows what is really going on!

obzen
10-18-2009, 10:43 PM
http://c1.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/111/l_5b906d194f2a4624a108c8b39b3dfb34.jpg
http://c3.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/99/l_d2ffe46ed1d743c9853f3578c5c51f5a.jpg
http://c3.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/70/l_545fc63da7334c5ab9719850cddb3232.jpg
http://c3.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/69/l_18a3435404ec4683ab0533f75db80222.jpg
http://c4.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/72/l_39f210a8942a41e4a07b4a2e5571b8c3.jpg
http://c4.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/109/l_831371a2a256458095c0cb392c5a31df.jpg

cansei de ser sexme
10-18-2009, 11:00 PM

EW
EW
EW
EW
EWWWWWWWWWWW

The owner of the record store in pomona was talking to me and said that he heard that the word going around the glasshouse is that they were trying to get KoL, the Libertines, and The Rolling Stones. I threw up in his store(not really)

emtgreg
10-18-2009, 11:03 PM
You should have thrown up in the store, if only to see the look on their faces. Followed immediately by you leaving without cleaning up.

obzen
10-18-2009, 11:04 PM
The owner of the record store in pomona was talking to me and said that he heard that the word going around the glasshouse is that they were trying to get KoL, the Libertines, and The Rolling Stones. I threw up in his store(not really)

http://c4.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/42/l_f854be0be742468991fa44e81dfdd093.gif

Boourns
10-18-2009, 11:05 PM
I thought Pete Doherty couldn't get a visa to come here, just like Amy Winehouse.

Gribbz
10-18-2009, 11:06 PM
I'm not a big Rolling Stones fan, but it seems like a lot of people on the boards seriously detest them. Confused as to why.

Boourns
10-18-2009, 11:08 PM
I don't detest them...would like to see them someday. But I can't see them doing Coachella. If they play, I certainly wouldn't object and would watch, but I just don't think it's ever happening, so I focus my hopes on other things.

karma_guy
10-18-2009, 11:41 PM
so how probable is outkast for 2010?
right now im guessing 10-20%

guest-1185
10-19-2009, 12:17 AM
Kol, The Libertines (w/ add later? what gives here? But I'm unfamiliar with their sound) and The Stones. Seems pretty status quo to me. I hope the Sahara is stacked if this is the case.

WhatLies
10-19-2009, 12:22 AM
who else would like to see broken social scene as a subheadliner or maybe just a day act for 2010? Does anybody know if they're coming out with a new album or will be touring in 2010?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010_in_music
Both the offspring and incubus are releasing albums in 2010 and I could def see one of these bands making an appearance at coachella. I know theres a lot of haters out there but incubus is a great show and I'd be more than happy to see them perform again.

According to someone on the bonarroo board, tool is releasing an album in the summer of 2010. I'd be pumped if the headliners read something like:

friday: Tool/ muse
saturday: Gorillaz/ Daft Punk
sunday: Clapton (or stones)/ KOL

nbvcide
10-19-2009, 12:33 AM
Fri - Muse
Sat - Kings of Leon, Amy Winehouse
Sun - Pavement

lolz

Shredder
10-19-2009, 12:37 AM
who else would like to see broken social scene as a subheadliner or maybe just a day act for 2010? Does anybody know if they're coming out with a new album or will be touring in 2010?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010_in_music
Both the offspring and incubus are releasing albums in 2010 and I could def see one of these bands making an appearance at coachella. I know theres a lot of haters out there but incubus is a great show and I'd be more than happy to see them perform again.

would you please attend the festival, look up past performing acts, and then consider the year in music before posting your views on booking?

in addition: Healthy speculation on the Stone's playing coachella? Are you guys high? Mick Jagger has a way of treating this as a business. That guy's favorite color has been money for a number of years. I doubt Paul Tollet is so strapped on ideas for performers that he would book the band responsible for every single 5th inning headache you might have had. Now I know what will follow, "what about prince?" etc... At least the man went as far as having Morris Fucking Day on stage to do jungle love with SHEILA E.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
10-19-2009, 07:16 AM

EW
EW
EW
EW
EWWWWWWWWWWW

Actually, I heard from a source that KOL would likely headline. I just don't know(or believe it) especially if Muse headlines as well. The 3rd headliner would have to be huge.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
10-19-2009, 07:17 AM
Hmm...

Muse/KOL/Rolling Stones?

I don't like it but that shit would sell out for sure.

obzen
10-19-2009, 07:39 AM
Muse and Kings Of Leon headlining?

Fail.

Leeartlee
10-19-2009, 07:42 AM
Yeah, definitely Grosschella for sure

higgybaby23
10-19-2009, 08:08 AM
Hmm...

Muse/KOL/Rolling Stones?

This would equal three days mostly spent in the Sahara for me...and I'm ok with that.

A_1_B_2
10-19-2009, 08:16 AM
Neil Young The Killers and Kings of Leon like its 2009 all over again.

Aurgasm
10-19-2009, 08:54 AM

Fail.

looks like i'll be avoiding the mainstage this year

Coachella Bound
10-19-2009, 09:34 AM
regardless of who plays im going. as a matter of fact, if i could preorder tickets for the next 10 years i would. if the cure didn't ruin my time at coachella, NOBODY CAN! and if youre so convinced the lineup is atrocious and dont want to attend, why are you wasting all your time posting on coachella threads? just saying....

WERD!

the Libertines< KOL< the Rolling Stones

ever think that thats what they were talking about....

Cdubby
10-19-2009, 09:45 AM

Fail.

ehh definitely kind of lazy, but not bad. i would be in the sahara/mojave/outdoor for KOL since I've been there, done that.

Boourns
10-19-2009, 09:46 AM
I know the current crop of rumors is underwhelming as a whole, but I have faith there will be something zomgly epic that necessitates my attendance, as always.

BlackSwan
10-19-2009, 10:16 AM
Kings of Leon have been in the back of my mind as well, but it just seems like such a terrible idea that I don't want it to be true. They would definitely be this year's Killers.

rage patton
10-19-2009, 10:25 AM
Hmm...

Muse/KOL/Rolling Stones?

Oh good. Fuck that. That would be awful.

There is no way KOL headline next year. Didn't they say themselves they are taking most of the next year off?

And seriously, The Rolling Stones can go fuck themselves. I have no interest in seeing them whatsoever.

Drinkey McDrinkerstein
10-19-2009, 10:26 AM
the mainstage headliners tend to be mostly meaningless for me anyway. i'm all for crappy mainstream headliners while the Sahara gets a decent act of the Mojave and/or Gobi gets some mindblowing smaller or rare act

this year enjoying Turbonegro/mastodon during the Killers and beer tent/Throbbing Gristle during the Cure suited me just fine (even though i like the Cure a lot)

Leeartlee
10-19-2009, 10:28 AM
Kings of Leon have been in the back of my mind as well, but it just seems like such a terrible idea that I don't want it to be true. They would definitely be this year's Killers.

Why is it that we've been reduced to having a shitty, none deserving, headliner per year? I for one object to this recent development.

obzen
10-19-2009, 10:35 AM
Why is it that we've been reduced to having a shitty, none deserving, headliner per year?

A sentiment which should be brought to Paul Tollet's attention.

youwhoo
10-19-2009, 11:07 AM
This is not a wish list thread..news should be trickling in the next few months and this is a place where we can keep track of things and discuss the confirmed or heavily rumored (with source) acts and feel free to post stuff in here as you stumble upon it and I will update this page.

Confirmed
Pretty Lights http://twitter.com/theprettylights
Zoe http://www.eluniversal.com.mx/espectaculos/93719.html

Aeroplane http://www.myspace.com/aeroplanemusiclove

Heavily Rumored
Pavement http://www.brooklynvegan.com/archives/2009/09/the_pavement_re.html

Muse (Begin US Tour in April)

Jack White in some form (said he might go to coachella on the vault chat someone took a screen shot here) http://www.coachella.com/forum/showthread.php?t=33601&page=8

Faith No More (Are apparently playing SF in April) http://twitter.com/Roddybottum

Iggy Pop and the Stooges (said he wants to play Coachella and it would fit into his schedule well) http://www.twentyfourbit.com/post/208669593/iggy-pop-talks-raw-power-reunion-coachella-frodo

Tegan and Sara (spring tour does not include LA and stops in SLC Utah on April 6) http://teganandsara.com/shows/

Avett Brothers (playing in Nevada the weekend of Coachella and stagecoach http://www.theavettbrothers.com/events

Edward Sharpe and the Magnificent Zeros (Coachella Bound was told by the band they have an offer to play)

Edward Sharpe and the Magnificent Zeros just played at Treasure Island Music Festival on Sunday. I didn't get to go but I heard it was awesome...I saw this cool video if you want to check it out...maybe get you pumped up for Coachella 2010?
http://spinearth.tv/report/edward-sharpe-and-the-magnetic-zeros-in-san-francisco

What do you guys think about this lineup so far?

BlackSwan
10-19-2009, 11:10 AM
Spammy.

Leeartlee
10-19-2009, 11:14 AM
Western Digital drives are unreliable

WhatLies
10-19-2009, 11:58 AM

Fail.

I Think KOL would fit more as a subheadliner on the mainstage right b4 the stones. KOL-> Stones would be an instant sellout for sure. The Stones are rumored to be the headlining act for glastonbury this year. When you type in rolling stones 2010, the top results are Rolling stones for glastonbury 2010.

As for the Sahara, do yall think that its a better chance that we get underworld or daft punk?

Cdubby
10-19-2009, 12:10 PM
aim lower

hendrixfan143
10-19-2009, 01:20 PM
Rolling stones Suck,

rskapcat
10-19-2009, 01:32 PM
Rolling stones Suck,

:nono For shame, youngling.

(For the record, I don't want them at Coachella. But my two favorite songs ever are Stones songs.)

Drinkey McDrinkerstein
10-19-2009, 01:38 PM
i've always wanted to see the Stones, and for how much it costs to go to one of their shows i'd be up for them headlining one night of Coachella is just to basically get a free $400 Stones ticket

Gribbz
10-19-2009, 01:41 PM
I have a feeling I'm going to hate all three headliners. Oh well. The Sahara/Sub-headliners look promising.

rskapcat
10-19-2009, 01:43 PM
I unabashedly adore the Stones, but I don't know that I want to endure all the "barf...more dinosaur rock" whining that would come along with that announcement.

karma_guy
10-19-2009, 03:01 PM
i love the stones
but not at coachella

i thought KOL were taking a break during 2010?

superfiction
10-19-2009, 03:16 PM
i hope kol are taking a break forever

nbvcide
10-19-2009, 03:30 PM
I Think KOL would fit more as a subheadliner on the mainstage right b4 the stones. KOL-> Stones would be an instant sellout for sure. The Stones are rumored to be the headlining act for glastonbury this year. When you type in rolling stones 2010, the top results are Rolling stones for glastonbury 2010.

As for the Sahara, do yall think that its a better chance that we get underworld or daft punk?

i like the Stones, but the Stones shouldn't be at Coachella.. (saw them a few years ago, they put on one of the best shows i've seen, and i wasn't much of a Stones fan prior to that concert)

and if Daft Punk plays, i will guarantee that it's main stage.. so yeah, Underworld..

guest-1185
10-19-2009, 03:30 PM
I have a feeling I'm going to hate all three headliners. Oh well. The Sahara/Sub-headliners look promising.

I had a dog and his name was BINGO!

nbvcide
10-19-2009, 03:32 PM
Western Digital drives are unreliable

why is that??

getbetter
10-19-2009, 04:41 PM
i heard from an owl that guns n roses are going be at coachella and they are going to trick axel by having the orginal lineup secertly setup and replace his band at the very last min. same thing with the smiths

Coachella Bound
10-19-2009, 04:53 PM
I heard Axel Rose is going to be drinking shit through a straw over by the Sahara porta poties....

guedita
10-19-2009, 06:16 PM
i like the Stones, but the Stones shouldn't be at Coachella.. (saw them a few years ago, they put on one of the best shows i've seen, and i wasn't much of a Stones fan prior to that concert)

and if Daft Punk plays, i will guarantee that it's main stage.. so yeah, Underworld..

There's no way they would put Daft Punk on the mainstage and Underworld closing out Sahara at the same time would they? My heart would explode!

emtgreg
10-19-2009, 06:25 PM
Have faith, Paul is not evil.

However, I would watch the shit out of The Stones, for all the reasons Drinky mentions!

psycobetabuckdown
10-19-2009, 07:15 PM
If Goldenvoice wants Coachella to be the best festival out there, they have to be able to do whatever Glastonbury can do. If Rolling Stones are headlining Glastonbury, Goldenvoice has to be open to doing the same thing (at some point) or better. Fuck this "not at Coachella" crap. There is no festival too good for a legendary rock band like the Stones.

Coachella Bound
10-19-2009, 07:19 PM
If Goldenvoice wants Coachella to be the best festival out there, they have to be able to do whatever Glastonbury can do. If Rolling Stones are headlining Glastonbury, Goldenvoice has to be open to doing the same thing (at some point) or better. Fuck this "not at Coachella" crap. There is no festival too good for a legendary rock band like the Stones.

Agreed, but the one thing about COACHELLA is expect the unexpected. They are never one to just go out and copy what another fest is doing just because it sells. I think its rediculous when anybody says these classic (old timer) acts dont belong at COACHELLA. my proof is Roger Waters, my proof is Paul McCartney... what more do i need to say?

emtgreg
10-19-2009, 07:20 PM
Coachella is Coachella because it gets people to listen to important bands they might not otherwise have listened to. The Stones qualify, and so do a bunch of other amazing bands. Bite it people, stop whining.

emtgreg
10-19-2009, 07:21 PM
Also, people whine about headliners. OMG NO KOL, OMG NO STONES.

Who the fuck else then?

Christ...

Coachella Bound
10-19-2009, 07:23 PM
theres actually more possibilities this year then there has been in previous....

a lot more possibilities!!!

guest-1185
10-19-2009, 07:27 PM

Who the fuck else then?

Christ...

You know who, "ZOMGoutkastgorillazbowietalkingheadsbowiebowiedaft punkradioheadfuckmusefuckeveryhtingthatsnotdaftpun kbowieradioheadgorillaz."

I find it's best to not engage in the head/subhead debates. They're rot with subjectivity, shitty logic and worse opinions.

blackchango
10-19-2009, 07:30 PM
You know who, "ZOMGoutkastgorillazbowietalkingheadsbowiebowiedaft punkradioheadfuckmusefuckeveryhtingthatsnotdaftpun kbowieradioheadgorillaz."

I find it's best to not engage in the head/subhead debates. They're rot with subjectivity, shitty logic and worse opinions.

OMG thank you !

Gribbz
10-19-2009, 07:31 PM
So we're going to have an obligatory classic rock act from now on? I loved McCartney's performance, but I'd like to see GV go in a different direction...

liquidsnake28
10-19-2009, 07:32 PM

Who the fuck else then?

Christ...

Well let's see here:

Outkast
Radiohead
Daft Punk
The White Stripes
Lou Reed
Pixies
Soundgarden
R.E.M.
Neil Young
Gorillaz
Simon & Garfunkel
Tom Petty
Bjork
Pearl Jam
Arcade Fire
Tool
The Who

To name a few...

I would be totally fine with the Stone though. As for KOL? Fuck them. They have to be the most overrated band of the past few years.

guest-1185
10-19-2009, 07:33 PM
OMG thank you !

I do what I can.

Coachella Bound
10-19-2009, 07:39 PM
theres not that many classic rock acts left... and they are only getting older the ones we still have.

Im not saying that COACHELLA has to have an obligatory old timer act, im not even saying it has to happen every year. But fact of the matter is it works, it sells, and it turns young jerkoffs into a little bit more respectable music admirers.

obzen
10-19-2009, 07:40 PM
I bet Michael Jackson would've been at Coachella 2010 had he lived...

Gribbz
10-19-2009, 07:42 PM
theres not that many classic rock acts left... and they are only getting older the ones we still have.

Im not saying that COACHELLA has to have an obligatory old timer act, im not even saying it has to happen every year. But fact of the matter is it works, it sells, and it turns young jerkoffs into a little bit more respectable music admirers.

I would love to see The Kinks... that's about it.

PlayaDelWes
10-19-2009, 07:43 PM
I wouldn't count out Elton John.

luckycortney
10-19-2009, 07:45 PM

everything is subjective... especially people discussing who they would like to see at Coachella.

Coachella Bound
10-19-2009, 07:46 PM
Elton John and Billy Joel would be fucking epic. Honestly, that is one of the coolest things i think COACHELLA could pull this year

Gribbz
10-19-2009, 07:46 PM
I wouldn't count out Elton John.

I have no beef with Mr. John.

luckycortney
10-19-2009, 07:48 PM
Elton John and Billy Joel would be fucking epic. Honestly, that is one of the coolest things i think COACHELLA could pull this year

I saw them last spring and it was amazing!

PlayaDelWes
10-19-2009, 07:51 PM
It's kinda odd that Elton John gets grouped together with Billy Joel. I mean, they have done several tours together, but they can certainly each hold their own solo.

I got to see them together at Qualcomm Stadium in 1997 and the show was great.

stinkbutt
10-19-2009, 08:00 PM
I want a good punk reunion DKs or Misfits would be amazing

guest-1185
10-19-2009, 08:03 PM
^
Oh man, a full reunion of either would be insane.

nbvcide
10-19-2009, 08:08 PM
There's no way they would put Daft Punk on the mainstage and Underworld closing out Sahara at the same time would they? My heart would explode!

no.. that would not happen on the same day.

So we're going to have an obligatory classic rock act from now on? I loved McCartney's performance, but I'd like to see GV go in a different direction...

The Kinks
The Who
David Bowie
Led Zeppelin
The (21st Century) Doors
i would be cool with Elton John too..

Coachella is NOT Glastonbury.. last year had Springsteen, Neil Young and Blur headline.. none of those would headline and/or play Coachella. last year had Kings of Leon, Jay-Z, and the Verve headline.. none of those would headline and/or play Coachella. i love Glastonbury lineups, but it's not the same as Coachella, imo..

i like the Stones, but it's not the direction i want Coachella to go in.. and oh the crowds it would bring :nono

Gribbz
10-19-2009, 08:11 PM
no.. that would not happen on the same day.

The Kinks
The Who
David Bowie
Led Zeppelin
The (21st Century) Doors

Coachella is NOT Glastonbury.. last year had Springsteen, Neil Young and Blur headline.. none of those would headline and/or play Coachella. last year had Kings of Leon, Jay-Z, and the Verve headline.. none of those would headline and/or play Coachella. i love Glastonbury lineups, but it's not the same as Coachella, imo..

i like the Stones, but it's not the direction i want Coachella to go in.. and oh the crowds it would bring :nono

I said I'd LOVE to see The Kinks. No interest in The Who really. Bowie would be amazing but I just don't see it happening.

Still-ill
10-19-2009, 08:16 PM

Yeah. That would be very... "cool".

karma_guy
10-19-2009, 08:35 PM
i want some danzig

obzen
10-19-2009, 09:09 PM
Yeah,a Dead Kennedys reunion would be hardcore.

JebusLives
10-19-2009, 09:13 PM

quoted for ignorance

crazzz2007
10-19-2009, 09:14 PM
Monklish says the following are "looking likely."

http://monklish.blogspot.com/

It's early, so I'm not guaranteeing anything, yet, but these are looking likely for whatever reason:

Vieux Farka Touré
Tallest Man on Earth
Little Boots
Hot Chip
Avett Brothers
Zoé
Pretty Lights
Deerhunter
Iggy Pop and the Stooges (hopefully performing Raw Power)
Pavement
Faith No More (good eye Mike Tattoo)
Posted by Monklish at 8:14 PM 9 comments

summerkid, please update your list of "heavily rumored" artists.

Somewhat Damaged
10-19-2009, 09:42 PM
All these dickwads mentioning Tool as a potential headliner need to remember that they've already headlined twice and the 2nd time was just a few years ago. The headliner pool isn't so shallow that GV would go to them yet again, especially not so fucking soon.

nbvcide
10-19-2009, 11:47 PM
would you call Daft Punk or Massive Attack "not so fucking soon"? i wouldn't..

Paul himself has said the pool is shrinking.. and i remember a rumor last year that both Tool and Rage were asked, but they weren't available or said no..

sonofhal
10-20-2009, 12:10 AM
Monklish says the following are "looking likely."

http://monklish.blogspot.com/

summerkid, please update your list of "heavily rumored" artists.

I'm sure his/her 8 followers are getting pumped.

SoulDischarge
10-20-2009, 12:15 AM
Please no Tool. They already made the rounds this year. In most cases I don't give a fuck who is playing because I'll just go see someone else, but Tool fans, by and large, are massive assholes and we don't need any more confrontational douchebags on the fields.

dorkfish
10-20-2009, 12:59 AM
probably lying, but:

http://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=179081543452&id=113916474705

TickleMeElmo
10-20-2009, 01:33 AM
probably lying, but:

Just listened to them. Fucking terrible and yes, probably lying or has some miniscule connection to GV that won't go through.

Somewhat Damaged
10-20-2009, 05:01 AM
would you call Daft Punk or Massive Attack "not so fucking soon"? i wouldn't..

No because 1) neither has headlined, and 2) both have only played once. See the difference?

rskapcat
10-20-2009, 05:32 AM
Bradford said Deerhunter is taking a break during their ATP NY set.

captncrzy
10-20-2009, 06:57 AM
quoted for ignorance

If you quoted him for ignorance every time, you'd be one big quotin' motherfucker.

krk67
10-20-2009, 08:11 AM

I'm 42, so to me mid-80s Billy Joel and Elton John are pretty corny. I don't have that same Hall & Oates appreciation some of the younger people have.

However, give me Elton John playing songs he produced between 1970 and 1980 and I would lose my mind. Someone Saved My Life Tonight at Coachella, alone, would make the price of the ticket worth it to me.

WhatLies
10-20-2009, 09:24 AM
All these dickwads mentioning Tool as a potential headliner need to remember that they've already headlined twice and the 2nd time was just a few years ago. The headliner pool isn't so shallow that GV would go to them yet again, especially not so fucking soon.

According to wiki, Tool didn't headline in 1999, RATM got it over them and madonna was the actual headliner of 2006. So 4 years is an acceptable gap for a group to come in and headline for the 1st time, as they have a new album coming out... plus its fucking tool. I've never seen tool live but i imagine wonderful things... reflection might be the best song of this fucking decade.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1999_Coachella_Valley_Music_and_Arts_Festival

Leeartlee
10-20-2009, 09:38 AM
According to wiki? Wtf is wrong with you?

dorkfish
10-20-2009, 09:47 AM
Tool co-headlined with Rage and closed out the main stage:

http://coachellarecordings.com/pictures/1999/199902.jpg

captncrzy
10-20-2009, 09:50 AM
According to wiki, Tool didn't headline in 1999, RATM got it over them and madonna was the actual headliner of 2006. So 4 years is an acceptable gap for a group to come in and headline for the 1st time, as they have a new album coming out... plus its fucking tool. I've never seen tool live but i imagine wonderful things... reflection might be the best song of this fucking decade.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1999_Coachella_Valley_Music_and_Arts_Festival

Um, no. RATM opened for Tool (or co-headlined, whatever). Check the schedule. And Madonna wasn't a headliner; she was a last minute add in the Sahara and only played a few songs. To boot, the article you posted lists both RATM and Tool as headliners-not one above the other. Welcome to the board, but try to not be a fucking retard out of the gate, would you?

Somewhat Damaged
10-20-2009, 10:43 AM
According to wiki, Tool didn't headline in 1999, RATM got it over them and madonna was the actual headliner of 2006.

Were you even at Coachella in '06? I was. Tool headlined. Shut the fuck up.

RedThom
10-20-2009, 12:45 PM
any word on Phoenix?

vinylmartyr
10-20-2009, 12:50 PM
It's hot.

dorkfish
10-20-2009, 12:58 PM
any word on Phoenix?
Logic dictates that there's a good chance they'll play. If not, then it didn't work out for them.

sbessiso
10-20-2009, 01:00 PM
I think the bigger question with Phoenix is when/where will they play. Closing the outdoor theater? Mainstage at sunset?

WhatLies
10-20-2009, 01:10 PM
Um, no. RATM opened for Tool (or co-headlined, whatever). Check the schedule. And Madonna wasn't a headliner; she was a last minute add in the Sahara and only played a few songs. To boot, the article you posted lists both RATM and Tool as headliners-not one above the other. Welcome to the board, but try to not be a fucking retard out of the gate, would you?

Oh sorry, on my comp it seemed as though rage was the only headliner because i had clicked on the tool hyperlink at some point which compromised its appearance. Thanks for the clarification and the welcome.

Were you even at Coachella in '06? I was. Tool headlined. Shut the fuck up.

My first coachella was this past year so no I wasn't. Thats why i didn't make a complete ass of myself by saying your retarded and that tool never headlined. I cited wiki, which i know has misinformed you all at some point.

But besides the fact, is the only reason why you don't want tool to headline 2010 is because they've done it before? That shouldn't matter if they're supposedly one of the best shows around.

paulb
10-20-2009, 01:18 PM
Tool are great and all, but I dont wanna see them headline at Coachella....their Lolla set was solid, yet so weak in comparison to their 2006 set....Ill see them when they decide to play more than 9 songs.

RedThom
10-20-2009, 01:19 PM
I think the bigger question with Phoenix is when/where will they play. Closing the outdoor theater? Mainstage at sunset?

I'd say either one is possible. Given the general commercial excitement surrounding "1901" (which might be the most listen-able song of the year) it depends on the kind of headliners this year.

ricardo san diego
10-20-2009, 02:15 PM
of course this thred sucks. this thread is supposed to be about which artists are actually confirmed and you are talking about nothing relevant to music

vinylmartyr
10-20-2009, 02:17 PM
OH SNAP

BlackSwan
10-20-2009, 02:21 PM
ONDALAY, RICARDO!

captncrzy
10-20-2009, 02:26 PM
que?

psycobetabuckdown
10-20-2009, 02:28 PM

As JebusLives pointed out, Kings and The Verve have played Coachella, and I don't know why you think Jay-Z wouldn't headline. He's headlined APW, which has headliners that are just as strong as Coachella's (Jack Johnson, Radiohead, Tool, Coldplay).

I think Neil Young would play Coachella, and hopefully not Springsteen. Blur would play (they have already, I believe) but they're way bigger in England than here so of course they wouldn't headline Coachella. Arctic fucking Monkeys headline over there.

But regardless, you're missing the point. Glastonbury is the king of festivals, at least in the Western world. Business-wise, and credibility-wise, if Coachella is going to compete and continue to be renowned, it is going to be open to booking the Stones. Why the hell would Paul Tollett say "no, Mick, we don't want you to play because your crowd is too big/old and you don't fit in." That is straight retarded.

Coachella is not in danger of turning into a classic rock festival. And this is the Stones we're talking about here. It's a no-brainer.

nbvcide
10-20-2009, 02:43 PM
Please no Tool. They already made the rounds this year. In most cases I don't give a fuck who is playing because I'll just go see someone else, but Tool fans, by and large, are massive assholes and we don't need any more confrontational douchebags on the fields.

haha, i don't agree, but i have heard this by numerous people on here.. but if you think they're bad, just wait until you see the Stones crowd at Coachella, ugh..

probably lying, but:

haha they're playing the Hotel Cafe.. do up & comers that ever get anywhere play there? i've only been there for acts long past their heyday, like Tracy Bonham..

dorkfish
10-20-2009, 02:46 PM
haha, i don't agree, but i have heard this by numerous people on here.. but if you think they're bad, just wait until you see the Stones crowd at Coachella, ugh..
Rolling Stones fans don't show up in Affliction t-shirts and boo acts all day long for being "not the Rolling Stones".

nbvcide
10-20-2009, 02:51 PM
Why the hell would Paul Tollett say "no, Mick, we don't want you to play because your crowd is too big/old and you don't fit in." That is straight retarded.

Coachella is not in danger of turning into a classic rock festival. And this is the Stones we're talking about here. It's a no-brainer.

you're acting as if i thought that.. i have said four times now that i like the Stones, and hell, i've been saying for two years that there should be a GV classic rock fest between Coach & Stage.. i have ZERO probs with classic rock acts at Coach, in fact, i want MORE of them..

but i don't really see The Stones playing.. and you make it sound like Jagger is gonna be begging Paul to play.. the Stones probably won't even be aware of Coach unless Paul ASKS them if they'll play (and then throws about a million $ at em to do so).. there are a ton of possible headliners they should grab that make more sense to the vibe of the fest & that would cost a lot less cash..

nbvcide
10-20-2009, 02:52 PM
Rolling Stones fans don't show up in Affliction t-shirts and boo acts all day long for being "not the Rolling Stones".

i agree.. however, i've been to Tool shows that WEREN'T like that, and i'll tell you why.. BOTH Tool in '06 and Rage in '07 had those kind of crowds because it was a huge return show (Tool after an extended hiatus, Rage was a reunion), that brought out the most die-hard fans of each act (& in the Rage case, because they were led to believe it would be the only chance to see them).. Tool having made the rounds would DECREASE the presence of this kind of crowd, and Tool at Coachella 2010 would be nothing like Tool at Coachella 2006.

But you're right, Stones fans will not boo opening acts, like Macca fans they'll show up only for the headliner, leaving GV with less daytime revenue and smaller attendance on the other two days.

No because 1) neither has headlined, and 2) both have only played once. See the difference?

i do see the difference, but i don't think Tool playing in '99 really has any bearing on it being 'too soon'.. i don't see people having this attitude towards Bjork, and both her headlining years were more recent than Tool's '99 and '06 ones.

If you quoted him for ignorance every time, you'd be one big quotin' motherfucker.

oh i'm sorry.. was i wrong? did The Verve headline? will Kings of Leon or Blur headline? would Neil Young headline? would Bruce Springsteen even BE at Coachella? all of these fests are different and have their own feel and vibe.. sure a headliner every now and then might overlap, and certainly the undercard, but these are completely different fests. and a band that may or may not even play Glastonbury, is not, in itself, a reason for them to play Coachella. If anything, an act headlining another major fest would be a good reason for them to NOT play Coachella, at least not in the same year. And if the Stones is Glastonbury's big "get", do you really think Coachella is gonna get them FIRST, months prior to Glastonbury?

psycobetabuckdown
10-20-2009, 03:44 PM
but i don't really see The Stones playing.. and you make it sound like Jagger is gonna be begging Paul to play.. the Stones probably won't even be aware of Coach unless Paul ASKS them if they'll play (and then throws about a million $ at em to do so).. there are a ton of possible headliners they should grab that make more sense to the vibe of the fest & that would cost a lot less cash..

Well my example wasn't meant to be a serious prediction about how the conversation would go. The point is it would be stupid for Paul not to jump at the opportunity. Cost a lot less cash? Yes, and make a lot less. That's the idea behind booking a big band, you make back the money.

Did you like that Paul McCartney and Roger Waters were there? Why/why not, and why are they or aren't they different from the Stones? What about U2? I am trying to understand your reasoning of course.

And if the Stones is Glastonbury's big "get", do you really think Coachella is gonna get them FIRST, months prior to Glastonbury?

Nope, but if they can't they better have Led Zeppelin in 2011. See my point about Coachella being a business? It's a fight for a) money and b) prestige.

nbvcide
10-20-2009, 03:58 PM
Well my example wasn't meant to be a serious prediction about how the conversation would go. The point is it would be stupid for Paul not to jump at the opportunity. Cost a lot less cash? Yes, and make a lot less. That's the idea behind booking a big band, you make back the money.

i agree.. and from a business standpoint it's smart booking, but there will be far more backlash than there was against Macca & Waters..

Did you like that Paul McCartney and Roger Waters were there? Why/why not, and why are they or aren't they different from the Stones? What about U2? I am trying to understand your reasoning of course.

yes, i loved Macca & Waters! idk, i saw the Stones a couple years ago, loved the show, but i wouldn't compare it to Macca or Waters.. and it just isn't the same 'feel' to me.. the Beatles and Pink Floyd's music embody the essence that Coachella has brought to the 21st century.. The Stones would be great (not as great as the last two years though), but their music isn't the same vibe imo..

Nope, but if they can't they better have Led Zeppelin in 2011. See my point about Coachella being a business? It's a fight for a) money and b) prestige.

if Glastonbury gets Led Zep, i'll go.. i wouldn't be surprised to see the Stones play NEXT year at Coachella (2011), but not prior to Glastonbury (imo)

psycobetabuckdown
10-20-2009, 04:16 PM
the Beatles and Pink Floyd's music embody the essence that Coachella has brought to the 21st century..

Oh but I assure you the Stones have had a huge influence on many of the bands that play Coachella too. If they hadn't I wouldn't even be supporting the Stones at Coachella.

I'll concede the vibe might be different but I didn't feel a very Coachella vibe from McCartney either. All I know is my mom has some DVD from their big world tour and it converted me. If we're gonna keep having grandiose shit with fireworks at Coachella I'm all for them.

if Glastonbury gets Led Zep, i'll go.. i wouldn't be surprised to see the Stones play NEXT year at Coachella (2011), but not prior to Glastonbury (imo)

Oh I meant if Glastonbury gets Stones this year Coachella should get Led Zeppelin next year - or something else to top Glastonbury (Stones this year or Pink Floyd Reunion or Phil Lesh and Friends).

Also what a steal it would be - 300 bucks for 3-day pass vs. 3000 bucks for nosebleed seats at Rolling Stones concert.

karma_guy
10-20-2009, 04:18 PM
are the stones still putting on good shows?
i think i'd rather have neil young over the stones

Gribbz
10-20-2009, 04:19 PM
I think if The Stones or U2 played the day would sell out instantly with non-coachella fans. Do not want.

dorkfish
10-20-2009, 04:24 PM
Stones don't phone it in just because they're almost elderly:

dntIM82qIn4

psycobetabuckdown
10-20-2009, 04:27 PM
fu2

Boourns
10-20-2009, 04:28 PM
Haven't the Stones been debunked for Coachella and Glasto due to their schedule next year? I do recall them expressing interest in a Glasto invite, though. But yeah, one of those acts I want to see but don't want to spend $300 seeing a stadium or arena show, so if they play either festival next year, I'll definitely watch.

In any case, Prince and Paul McCartney have really raised the bar. Haha, I remember how people at Glasto were freaking out over the thought of seeing Prince at a festival when I told them that he had played Coachella last year.

suprefan
10-20-2009, 04:43 PM
http://twitter.com/MRGOULD

Tweet THIS: In response to all of our concerned US brethren...YES...we yare now actively planning US dates.

psycobetabuckdown
10-20-2009, 05:00 PM
I don't even know if anyone has mentioned this but I was just looking at a September email from APE or the Independent or something and the last show was this: 04.17 -- Collie Buddz and The New Kingston Band :: Devin The Dude

Shall one of these (perhaps Collie Buddz) be under the heavily rumored list? Can someone do research? Has anyone heard of Collie Buddz and His Band?

Gribbz
10-20-2009, 05:04 PM
Collie Buddz. Sounds like Brochella material.

guest-1185
10-20-2009, 05:20 PM
http://twitter.com/MRGOULD

Tweet THIS: In response to all of our concerned US brethren...YES...we yare now actively planning US dates.

OK, WE ALREADY KNEW THIS!!!!

:p

rage patton
10-20-2009, 05:24 PM
Yeah. At this point. There is no way Faith No More aren't at Coachella.

But Jeff, this is the first legit confirmation we have of them booking US dates. All other twitters have only hinted at them.

Aurgasm
10-20-2009, 05:24 PM

lmao jeff...

btw link me to ur orbital pics...and any other pics from ur excursion..didnt see many

suprefan
10-20-2009, 05:36 PM

Wasnt in this thread bitch..

guest-1185
10-20-2009, 05:37 PM
btw link me to ur orbital pics...and any other pics from ur excursion..didnt see many

They're all up on facebook.

http://www.facebook.com/photos.php?id=1095926419

http://photos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs130.snc1/5570_1202931228858_1095926419_30643103_556631_n.jp g

nbvcide
10-20-2009, 06:01 PM
I'll concede the vibe might be different but I didn't feel a very Coachella vibe from McCartney either.

Also what a steal it would be - 300 bucks for 3-day pass vs. 3000 bucks for nosebleed seats at Rolling Stones concert.

Stones tickets don't cost that much.. i saw them at Angels Stadium about four years ago, they were amazing. possibly best 'stage show' i'd seen until Roger Waters.. greatest hits set, awesome.. great seats, couple hundred bucks..

i disagree with you on the vibe Macca brought to the polo grounds.. i heard it said the next morning in the campground and it's stuck with me.. "if the whole world was at Paul McCartney last night, there'd be no war.." :)

nbvcide
10-20-2009, 06:06 PM
I don't even know if anyone has mentioned this but I was just looking at a September email from APE or the Independent or something and the last show was this: 04.17 -- Collie Buddz and The New Kingston Band :: Devin The Dude

Shall one of these (perhaps Collie Buddz) be under the heavily rumored list? Can someone do research? Has anyone heard of Collie Buddz and His Band?

Collie Buddz is an act i predicted to play 2010.. they're a reggae act that is loved to be remixed by dubstep acts.. i actually prefer the dub versions of their stuff, but they'd fit in perfect at Coach.. Dev & SDSoldier seemed to like their stuff on the drive up to *********.. they're very, very popular in that whole Santa Cruz scene, which is where i got exposed to them..

Gribbz
10-20-2009, 06:07 PM
Stones tickets don't cost that much.. i saw them at Angels Stadium about four years ago, they were amazing. possibly best 'stage show' i'd seen until Roger Waters.. greatest hits set, awesome.. great seats, couple hundred bucks..

i disagree with you on the vibe Macca brought to the polo grounds.. i heard it said the next morning in the campground and it's stuck with me.. "if the whole world was at Paul McCartney last night, there'd be no war.." :)

I agree, the vibe was amazing. So glad I got to experience that.

crazzz2007
10-20-2009, 06:33 PM

mcartney was a snooze-fest until the final hour

SoulDischarge
10-20-2009, 06:43 PM
I'm all for the Stones. My only concern is them not bringing it, but that video made it look like that's not really an issue. Well, that and the fact that staring at their faces for two hours would probably be a pretty nauseating experience, but "Sympathy For The Devil" is a great enough song to make it worth it.

psycobetabuckdown
10-20-2009, 07:28 PM

I'm not saying it was a bad vibe. But you've been to previous Coachellas, right? It didn't feel like Coachella to me as much as an experience in itself. Which is what the Rolling Stones would be like.

Leonard Cohen felt like Coachella. I can't explain it very well. But people who were at Cohen know what I'm talking about. Yeah.

You sort of sound like a hippie. If Coachella is about that peace/love vibe to you then who am I to argue?

Somewhat Damaged
10-20-2009, 08:40 PM
i do see the difference, but i don't think Tool playing in '99 really has any bearing on it being 'too soon'.. i don't see people having this attitude towards Bjork, and both her headlining years were more recent than Tool's '99 and '06 ones.

Is anyone in here seriously clamoring for Bjork to headline? No, so your analogy is retarded. And if anyone was, I'd have the same reaction to them as I do to those proposing Tool, as much as I loved Bjork's '07 set. There are so many headliners to choose from, many of whom have yet to play Coachella, that for one of the slots to be taken by somebody who was seemingly just there is almost a slight, especially if they've already headlined more than once.

I'm not against repeat headliners in and of themselves. If Beastie Boys come back, even though I probably won't catch their set, I wouldn't complain. It will have been 7 years since they were last there and it will be a big deal since it would likely be their first big show after MCA's cancer diagnosis. But for Tool to come back, especially with the bullshit that some of their fans subjected Massive Attack and their fans to (when Massive Attack was fucking killing it), after touring a bunch and having just been there 4 years ago (come 2010), would just be lazy booking.

Gribbz
10-20-2009, 08:45 PM
Yeah, I heard it was pretty bad during Massive Attack.

PlayaDelWes
10-20-2009, 08:58 PM
Madonna. Full Show. Main Stage. Headliner.

Just as likely as anyone else at this point.

PJandBompton
10-20-2009, 09:00 PM
Hot Chip is playing shows starting in april as well as Miike Snow...i'd say both of those can be heavily rumored and Miike Snow can pretty much be a lock