PDA

View Full Version : Official Confirmed Artists for 2010

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65

A_1_B_2
12-16-2009, 11:31 AM
I always thought Obzen was from Mexico and didn't live in the United States.

Leeartlee
12-16-2009, 11:32 AM

Even though his location stated he lived in Hell-A for, like, ever?

GeezrRckr
12-16-2009, 11:32 AM
Needless to say though, I don't have to worry about my 3-day pass this time around.

brilliant!

i've had the great luck of not having to worry about my 3-day pass the past three years. that may change this year and i may have to try my luck on a scratch-OFF as well.

but, really...that's great!

GeezrRckr
12-16-2009, 11:34 AM
Barring any major conflicts, I'll may just take you up on that.

yes, the bloody conflicts. the only thing i don't like about coachella.

obzen
12-16-2009, 11:35 AM

Well I am 1/4 Mexi.

A_1_B_2
12-16-2009, 11:35 AM
Even though his location stated he lived in Hell-A for, like, ever?

Sorry I don't live on the board like you to read every single detail of people's profiles :laughyou

Leeartlee
12-16-2009, 11:39 AM
Sorry I don't live on the board like you to read every single detail of people's profiles :laughyou

It's below everyone's avatar. What, do you think it better to just pull a random location out of your ass?

A_1_B_2
12-16-2009, 11:41 AM
It's below everyone's avatar. What, do you think it better to just pull a random location out of your ass?

From the way you sound right now, random locations aren't the only thing going into and being pulled from your anus... :lool

AlecEiffel
12-16-2009, 11:41 AM
just as funny as the emoticon implies.

Leeartlee
12-16-2009, 11:43 AM
From the way you sound right now, random locations aren't the only thing going into and being pulled from your anus... :lool

No amount of emoticons can give meaning to your posts.

A_1_B_2
12-16-2009, 11:46 AM
No amount of emoticons can give meaning to this thread.

Fixed

TallGuyCM
12-16-2009, 11:56 AM
So glad this thread is staying on point.

amyzzz
12-16-2009, 12:01 PM
Coachella actually tries really hard to avoid conflicts. I've only had a couple really bad ones myself, but I don't like as many bands as a lot of people on the board.

paulthomasanderson
12-16-2009, 12:04 PM
Amy, you can't forget the Orbital crowd here though. We're tight.

faxman75
12-16-2009, 12:12 PM
Coachella actually tries really hard to avoid conflicts. I've only had a couple really bad ones myself, but I don't like as many bands as a lot of people on the board.

I think anyone who has been to Lolla or Bonnaroo would agree that Coachella really does do a fantastic job with scheduling in comparison.

JebusLives
12-16-2009, 12:15 PM
PTA, you have to be the most prolific, least interesting person around here. I'm tempted to create a new thread just to call you out for being so limp.

Leeartlee
12-16-2009, 12:17 PM
I think anyone who has been to Lolla or Bonnaroo would agree that Coachella really does do a fantastic job with scheduling in comparison.

I always thought making a schedule would be one of the most difficult tasks they have.

GeezrRckr
12-16-2009, 12:20 PM
oh, i wasn't whining about conflicts at coachella as much as making a back-handed compliment. nearly every slot is a conflict for me since the talent booked is so solid across the board (typically, and headliners notwithstanding).

rage patton
12-16-2009, 12:24 PM

Im usually alright with Bonnaroo's scheduling, but this past year (09) was particularly bad. Lolla's is always awful. Paul T has this absolutely incredible ability to minimize conflicts. The schedule for Sunday 09 was incredible. I never would have thought of organizing it the way he did, and it works out great. Friday worked quite well too. Saturday... well Saturday could have used some work, but no big deal.

eaiello
12-16-2009, 12:29 PM
I'm crossing my fingers for the beastie boys. They always put on a good show.

Coachellagirl
12-16-2009, 12:39 PM

Me too since they had to cancel when I went up to Outside Lands this summer. Would love to be able to catch them at Coachella!

amyzzz
12-16-2009, 12:44 PM
Amy, you can't forget the Orbital crowd here though. We're tight.
I am actually worried about conflicts if Coach gets Orbital. I usually rank the Sahara-type acts low down on my list of must-see acts because I'm generally a Main Stager during the evening.

TommyboyUNM
12-16-2009, 12:49 PM
Im usually alright with Bonnaroo's scheduling, but this past year (09) was particularly bad. Lolla's is always awful. Paul T has this absolutely incredible ability to minimize conflicts. The schedule for Sunday 09 was incredible. I never would have thought of organizing it the way he did, and it works out great. Friday worked quite well too. Saturday... well Saturday could have used some work, but no big deal.

I need some help understanding a common complaint, conflicts at music festivals. Are there fundamental things that people expect the promoters to do for a schedule to be considered a good one? To my understanding, complaints about conflicts largely just have to do with taste. If someone likes Nine Inch Nails and Yeasayer, they are going to think the conflict at Bonnaroo was horrible. If someone only likes one of those bands, then it was a good part of the schedule. See what I mean? A "good" schedule is largely dependent on individual music tastes. It's incredibly subjective and the festivals can't cater to everyone.

We also don't know if certain bands request to play at certain times. It's a balancing act and extremely hard to make a schedule.

boyalien0
12-16-2009, 12:49 PM

You're starting off on the wrong foot here.

paulthomasanderson
12-16-2009, 12:50 PM
I am actually worried about conflicts if Coach gets Orbital. I usually rank the Sahara-type acts low down on my list of must-see acts because I'm generally a Main Stager during the evening.

It depends on your taste in regards to the headliners. I take it you'll definitely be seeing Muse, though what about Gorillaz if they were to play? I have the same feeling if Orbital/Underworld play, but nothing would really beat it as Obzen's said. I'm pulling for one headliner that's not a must-see, just in case of this conflict. Gotta even it out just a bit.

boyalien0
12-16-2009, 12:51 PM
Me too since they had to cancel when I went up to Outside Lands this summer. Would love to be able to catch them at Coachella!

Treading dangerous water.

amyzzz
12-16-2009, 12:53 PM
If we get the Stones, put them up against Orbital. lolz.

rage patton
12-16-2009, 12:56 PM
I need some help understanding a common complaint, conflicts at music festivals. Are there fundamental things that people expect the promoters to do for a schedule to be considered a good one? To my understanding, complaints about conflicts largely just have to do with taste. If someone likes Nine Inch Nails and Yeasayer, they are going to think the conflict at Bonnaroo was horrible. If someone only likes one of those bands, then it was a good part of the schedule. See what I mean? A "good" schedule is largely dependent on individual music tastes. It's incredibly subjective and the festivals can't cater to everyone.

We also don't know if certain bands request to play at certain times. It's a balancing act and extremely hard to make a schedule.

Certainly Tommy you do not believe all schedules are created equally well, do you?

Just look at the Lolla schedule for example. The schedule for the 3 days are basically the exact same, just different band names dropped into the slots. The Coachella schedules for each day are always unique and different and you can tell Paul T puts a lot of time and thought into the schedule.

TommyboyUNM
12-16-2009, 01:02 PM
Certainly Tommy you do not believe all schedules are created equally well, do you?

Just look at the Lolla schedule for example. The schedule for the 3 days are basically the exact same, just different band names dropped into the slots. The Coachella schedules for each day are always unique and different and you can tell Paul T puts a lot of time and thought into the schedule.

No, I don't believe all schedules are created equally. But I asked for reasons why a schedule would be considered better than other schedule without taking into account subjective things like tastes in the bands. One thing that I can think of is unopposed headliners. I don't think that's the best way to go. But what else? You answered my question with vague generalizations. I want specifics.

Leeartlee
12-16-2009, 01:04 PM

Taste certainly factors into it, but Coachella seems to do a phenomenal at staggering their schedules in a desirable way no matter what your taste may be

faxman75
12-16-2009, 01:06 PM
I would start with Bonnaroo. It's a 24 hour festival over 3.5 days.

Saturday June 13th between 6-8PM
Wilco
Of Montreal
Jenny Lewis
The Decemberists
Elvis Costello
Mars Volta

I don't understand why they had to shove all of those bands into that time slot. Can you show me something similar at Coachella?

suprefan
12-16-2009, 01:08 PM
I JUST WON $500 PLAYING A $1 SCRATCH-IT!!!!

I'M GOING TO COACHELLA FOR FREE BITCHEZZZ!!!!

crushing blows?

Corneilius is out, he is working on a new record, no chance of being there.

Now, back to the b.s.

Cdubby
12-16-2009, 01:11 PM
MBV vs. The Horrors sucked
so did A Place to Bury Strangers vs. Paul McCartney

TommyboyUNM
12-16-2009, 01:11 PM
I would start with Bonnaroo. It's a 24 hour festival over 3.5 days.

Saturday June 13th between 6-8PM
Wilco
Of Montreal
Jenny Lewis
The Decemberists
Elvis Costello
Mars Volta

I don't understand why they had to shove all of those bands into that time slot. Can you show me something similar at Coachella?

How is The Mars Volta the same as those others? I think it's pretty safe to put them against any of those other bands. The same with of Montreal. The stage show and music is different than the other bands. I can see how putting Wilco and Elvis Costello against each other might not make sense.

TommyboyUNM
12-16-2009, 01:13 PM
MBV vs. The Horrors sucked
so did A Place to Bury Strangers vs. Paul McCartney

This is what I'm talking about. You think the festival would account for overlap between A Place To Bury Strangers and Paul McCartney? It was a conflict for YOU, but organizers figured it was safe.

rage patton
12-16-2009, 01:15 PM
I see what you mean, but my comment on the Bonnaroo schedule this year wasn't completely based on the NIN/Yeasayer conflict. The whole schedule just seemed odd. Why give Phish a full half hour unoposed, when Beastie Boys and David Byrne almost had a complete conflict AND since Phish was getting a 3.5 hour unoposed set on Sunday. Couldn't they have pushed back David Byrne a half hour? Also, it was a bad call on their part putting Animal Collective on during the day. Grizzly Bear vs. YYYs vs. Santigold? C'mon, that conflict made no sense. All 3 acts have indie cred and had a lot of hype surrounding them. Also, what about Paul Oakenfold, Girl Talk and Pretty lights all conflicting? 3 out of the 4 electronic acts playing that weekend conflicted. That is just bad scheduling.

I guess what I am trying to say here is, what Coachella does better than any other festival is taking into acount peoples tastes. Coachella, for the most part, doesn't schedule like-acts at the same time. Paul knows that certain bands shouldn't conflict because they have a very similar fan base, so he tries to work around this as best he can. And he does an icredible job of doing so. Other festivals like Bonnaroo and Lolla do not seem to put this same thought process into it.

Of course there will still be conflicts, there always will be. But Coachella seems to take some extra measures.

faxman75
12-16-2009, 01:18 PM
How is The Mars Volta the same as those others? I think it's pretty safe to put them against any of those other bands. The same with of Montreal. The stage show and music is different than the other bands. I can see how putting Wilco and Elvis Costello against each other might not make sense.

Ok, so Wilco, Elvis Costello, Jenny Lewis and the Decemberists all have folk/country/rock influences. I'll play your game and eliminate The Mars Volta and Of Montreal. That still leaves 4 all at the same time. That's poor scheduling.

Abe Lincoln
12-16-2009, 01:18 PM
Jazz Fest had really bad scheduling last year,all the main headliners play at the same time,forcing me to ditch Erykah Badu for Wilco.

Cdubby
12-16-2009, 01:20 PM
This is what I'm talking about. You think the festival would account for overlap between A Place To Bury Strangers and Paul McCartney? It was a conflict for YOU, but organizers figured it was safe.

the fuck? i was talking about a personal conflict. horrors vs. mbv would be similar fan bases though (i think? maybe not) if thats what you wanted.

Leeartlee
12-16-2009, 01:21 PM
I guess what I am trying to say here is, what Coachella does better than any other festival is taking into acount peoples tastes. Coachella, for the most part, doesn't schedule like-acts at the same time. Paul knows that certain bands shouldn't conflict because they have a very similar fan base, so he tries to work around this as best he can. And he does an icredible job of doing so. Other festivals like Bonnaroo and Lolla do not seem to put this same thought process into it.

Of course there will still be conflicts, there always will be. But Coachella seems to take some extra measures.

This

TommyboyUNM
12-16-2009, 01:22 PM
I see what you mean, but my comment on the Bonnaroo schedule this year wasn't completely based on the NIN/Yeasayer conflict. The whole schedule just seemed odd. Why give Phish a full half hour unoposed, when Beastie Boys and David Byrne almost had a complete conflict AND since Phish was getting a 3.5 hour unoposed set on Sunday. Couldn't they have pushed back David Byrne a half hour? Also, it was a bad call on their part putting Animal Collective on during the day. Grizzly Bear vs. YYYs vs. Santigold? C'mon, that conflict made no sense. All 3 acts have indie cred and had a lot of hype surrounding them. Also, what about Paul Oakenfold, Girl Talk and Pretty lights all conflicting? 3 out of the 4 electronic acts playing that weekend conflicted. That is just bad scheduling.

This is still just personal taste and less than stellar logic, Josh. Grizzly Bear and Santigold sound nothing alike, so it's safe to put those opposite one another. Yeah Yeah Yeahs are heavier than Grizzly Bear. Different genres, who cares about indie cred? That conflict makes perfect sense. Paul Oakenfold vs Girl Talk vs Pretty Lights. Let's see. Trance vs Pop vs I have no idea. Different types of music. And there were electronic acts playing all weekend at the Silent Disco and one of the other tents/rooms (I forgot the name).

Animal Collective playing during the day was bad.....maybe. But a lot of acts have good light shows and not all of them get to play at night. That's just your opinion about Animal Collective.

nationocean
12-16-2009, 01:25 PM
OMG YOU GUYS...

EXHAUSTED

TWO WEEKS..

SOMETHING...

..and yes, the whole album. i know, it's trendy these days..

suprefan
12-16-2009, 01:27 PM
OMG YOU GUYS...

EXHAUSTED

TWO WEEKS..

SOMETHING...

..and yes, the whole album. i know, it's trendy these days..

what?

sbessiso
12-16-2009, 01:30 PM
lemme feed you a funfetti cupcake

suprefan
12-16-2009, 01:31 PM
i dunno..

i just need lunch, low blood sugar.

ok.

humanoid
12-16-2009, 01:33 PM
lemme feed you a funfetti cupcake

is that a euphemism for something vastly different than it sounds?

amyzzz
12-16-2009, 01:35 PM
I saw all of Of Montreal and Mars Volta. WTF are you talking about, faxy?

rage patton
12-16-2009, 01:38 PM
This is still just personal taste and less than stellar logic, Josh. Grizzly Bear and Santigold sound nothing alike, so it's safe to put those opposite one another. Yeah Yeah Yeahs are heavier than Grizzly Bear. Different genres, who cares about indie cred? That conflict makes perfect sense. Paul Oakenfold vs Girl Talk vs Pretty Lights. Let's see. Trance vs Pop vs I have no idea. Different types of music. And there were electronic acts playing all weekend at the Silent Disco and one of the other tents/rooms (I forgot the name).

Sounding alike wasn't my only criteria. You must have not read the second part of what I said. "Bands who share similar fan bases" was the next part. Grizzly Bear, YYYs and Santigold may not all sound the same... but they all attract pretty much the same fan base. That is a conflict that would never happen at Coachella.

faxman75
12-16-2009, 01:42 PM

If you were at Wilco you would not have been able to see all of any of the other sets. You could have seen some of the Mars Volta at the end of Wilco but that was about it.

TallGuyCM
12-16-2009, 01:43 PM
I didn't go to Bonnaroo, but Animal Collective getting a broad daylight spot seemed like a head scratcher to me.

faxman75
12-16-2009, 01:44 PM
They had a daytime slot at just about every fest they played. It has more to do with status and not being a big enough band to put on later. Late night would have made sense for them at Bonnaroo though.

TommyboyUNM
12-16-2009, 01:44 PM

Fax, your argument is null and void because of this. The Mars Volta and of Montreal didn't even overlap. In fact, here are the set times for those artists in question:

Jenny Lewis (5:00-6:15)
of Montreal (5:15-6:30)
Wilco (6:00-8:00)
Elvis Costello (6:45-8:15)
The Decemberists (7:00-8:30)
The Mars Volta (7:15-8:45)

Oh look at what we have. The schedule is staggered with a bit of overlap.

Sounding alike wasn't my only criteria. You must have not read the second part of what I said. "Bands who share similar fan bases" was the next part. Grizzly Bear, YYYs and Santigold may not all sound the same... but they all attract pretty much the same fan base. That is a conflict that would never happen at Coachella.

Music fans listen to a lot of different types of music nowadays, so there will be a lot of fan-base overlap. How the hell are they supposed to know if there is more overlap between Grizzly Bear/Yeah Yeah Yeahs or between St. Vincent/Beastie Boys (who didn't conflict, but it's a decent comparison)? The safest way at this point is to still try to schedule conflicts between artists that don't sound alike. Unless they want to conduct some sort of research and poll attendees before the fest, which none of the fests do on a grand scale as far as I know.

faxman75
12-16-2009, 01:47 PM
Tommy, every one of those artists overlapped with Wilco. So if you saw Wilco you had to scratch the other 5 off of your list. You could have seen half of the Mars Volta and maybe a little of the beginning of Jenny Lewis but she was on the other side of the farm at a tent. That's it.

nationocean
12-16-2009, 01:48 PM
and there is still a girl singer no one has mentioned..

all right, and i'm almost done being jet-lagged.

/cool story bro

TommyboyUNM
12-16-2009, 01:50 PM
Tommy, everyone of those artists overlapped with Wilco. So if you saw Wilco you had to scratch the other 5 off of your list. You could have seen half of the Mars Volta and maybe a little of the beginning of Jenny Lewis but she was on the other side of the farm at a tent. That's it.

No, if I saw Wilco the way you saw Wilco then I'd have to scratch the others off my list. You stood in line to get into the pit area. You could have seen all of those other artists if you just hung back and watched Wilco without being on the rail.

summerkid
12-16-2009, 01:53 PM
I'm of the opinion that your top 3 biggest draws on a given day at a festival should never conflict. So scheduling David Byrne and Beastie Boys is just downright terrible scheduling. That being said The Roo usually does a good job with the schedules.

faxman75
12-16-2009, 01:53 PM
No, if I saw Wilco the way you saw Wilco then I'd have to scratch the others off my list. You stood in line to get into the pit area. You could have seen all of those other artists if you just hung back and watched Wilco without being on the rail.

Explain to me how I could have seen any of the Decemberists or Elvis Costello if I was watching Wilco. You're not making sense now.

TallGuyCM
12-16-2009, 01:57 PM
SO WHAT ABOUT OFFICIAL CONFIRMED ARTISTS FOR 2010? Any developments? Jeez, who gives a fuck about set times at this point.

faxman75
12-16-2009, 01:57 PM
Look at all the ifs you have to create in order to justify this schedule. If I didn't want to be close for Wilco yes, I could have seen Jenny Lewis (still not all of her set if I wanted to see all of Wilco). We discarded Of Montreal and Mars Volta based on your genre requirements and we are still left with the fact that if I stood in back for Wilco I couldn't have seen Elvis Costello or the Decemberists. I still get a short Jenny Lewis set. That's still crappy all around and that's the best possible situation.

TommyboyUNM
12-16-2009, 01:58 PM
Explain to me how I could have seen any of the Decemberists or Elvis Costello if I was watching Wilco. You're not making sense now.

You're talking about watching all of Wilco's set and I'm not running under that premise. So we might as well be having 2 different conversations. You could see a good chunk of Wilco and see all of those bands.

A_1_B_2

/cool story bro

Amy Winehouse? Feist? Joanna Newsom? Hope Sondoval/Mazzy Star?

faxman75
SO WHAT ABOUT OFFICIAL CONFIRMED ARTISTS FOR 2010? Any developments? Jeez, who gives a fuck about set times at this point.

The first post in this thread is where you find that info. Here we just argue and throw milk at the chalk board.

rage patton
My point is Bonnaroo could have done a better job with the schedule, but they were lazy. Coachella goes the extra mile. If Paul T was given the job of doing the Bonnaroo schedule, I am sure it would have been a much better schedule.

TommyboyUNM
12-16-2009, 02:00 PM
I'm of the opinion that your top 3 biggest draws on a given day at a festival should never conflict. So scheduling David Byrne and Beastie Boys is just downright terrible scheduling. That being said The Roo usually does a good job with the schedules.

Who's to say that David Byrne was one of the top 3 biggest draws. Seriously, that's just your opinion. Bonnaroo had David Byrne slotted 5th and he wasn't even a headliner.

TallGuyCM
12-16-2009, 02:01 PM
The first post in this thread is where you find that info.

Yeah, I'm aware of this.

Leeartlee
12-16-2009, 02:01 PM
How about this as an argument: Is there such a thing as making a good schedule? Because I certainly think there is and Coachella does it best

A_1_B_2
12-16-2009, 02:02 PM
Oh I forgot Public Image, Ltd. reunited. Can we get them for Coachella?

http://stereogum.com/archives/video/pil_launch_reunion_tour_106111.html

TommyboyUNM
12-16-2009, 02:02 PM
My point is Bonnaroo could have done a better job with the schedule, but they were lazy. Coachella goes the extra mile. If Paul T was given the job of doing the Bonnaroo schedule, I am sure it would have been a much better schedule.

My point is you're making a lot of assumptions. Did you sit in on their scheduling meetings? Calling them lazy is quite the baseless accusation.

faxman75
12-16-2009, 02:05 PM
You're talking about watching all of Wilco's set and I'm not running under that premise. So we might as well be having 2 different conversations.

The premise is conflicts. Now you're argument is that no one should complain becuase we have the ability to split up 6 different acts over a 2 hour period? WAT?! You just changed the discussion entirely. Conflicts are when more than one act is playing on different stages at the same time.

You could see a good chunk of Wilco and see all of those bands.

You can skip all of Wilco and still NOT be able to see ALL of those bands. What set times are you looking at?

Tell me how you would see Wilco, Elvis Costello and the Decemberists. Map it out for me. Are you going to see about 15-20 minutes each? If that's your argument then you must believe no fest ever creates conflicts and catching 15 minutes of a set is seeing a band.

TommyboyUNM
12-16-2009, 02:07 PM
How about this as an argument: Is there such a thing as making a good schedule? Because I certainly think there is and Coachella does it best

That was the premise of my question. Go back on look at Coachella's schedules and I bet you can find tons of shitty decisions. Bonnaroo makes questionable calls too. As does Lolla and every other festival. It's the nature of the best and, depending on which bands you happen to like, you'll either love or hate the schedules.

amyzzz
12-16-2009, 02:08 PM
Oh I forgot Public Image, Ltd. reunited. Can we get them for Coachella?

http://stereogum.com/archives/video/pil_launch_reunion_tour_106111.html
I'd watch PiL.

rage patton
12-16-2009, 02:09 PM
My point is you're making a lot of assumptions. Did you sit in on their scheduling meetings? Calling them lazy is quite the baseless accusation.

You yourself said you believe not all schedules are made equally as well as others. Which do you prefer? And why do you prefer that schedule over other schedules?

Leeartlee
12-16-2009, 02:10 PM
That was the premise of my question. Go back on look at Coachella's schedules and I bet you can find tons of shitty decisions. Bonnaroo makes questionable calls too. As does Lolla and every other festival. It's the nature of the best and, depending on which bands you happen to like, you'll either love or hate the schedules.

I'm not saying I have loved every single hour of GV scheduling past, but when comparing it to other festivals I've been to, it's been the least frustrating... but that also might have to do with there being so much good talent at Coachella it's hard to get angry.

faxman75
12-16-2009, 02:12 PM
Lollapalooza is arguably worse with scheduling. They do the opposite of Bonnaroo. Instead of unopposed headliners they pit 2 against each other every night.

obzen
12-16-2009, 02:17 PM
Chino announces to Noisecreep (http://www.noisecreep.com/2009/12/16/the-deftones-interview-creep-show/) that the new Deftones LP drops April 27th.

Crushing blows.

TommyboyUNM
12-16-2009, 02:20 PM
You yourself said you believe not all schedules are made equally as well as others. Which do you prefer? And why do you prefer that schedule over other schedules?

I prefer the schedules that have less conflicts for me. But I'm an adult and I understand that there will probably be choices I have to make. On Saturday this year, I wanted to see Atmosphere and Mastodon. My favorite hip-hop artist and my favorite metal artist. I didn't think that was shitty scheduling, even though the crossover between hip-hop and metal is actually pretty big.

nationocean
12-16-2009, 02:20 PM
Ernest Hemingway.

TommyboyUNM
12-16-2009, 02:26 PM
Honestly, Josh, I never really think about scheduling quirks that much so I don't know what I prefer. I just sort of roll with it. I generally don't like to complain about things like that cause I always end up having fun. It just becomes a moot point. I'm more of the type to complain about the crowds, rather than decisions made by the festival organizers.

replacethestars
12-16-2009, 02:27 PM
Look at all the ifs you have to create in order to justify this schedule. If I didn't want to be close for Wilco yes, I could have seen Jenny Lewis (still not all of her set if I wanted to see all of Wilco). We discarded Of Montreal and Mars Volta based on your genre requirements and we are still left with the fact that if I stood in back for Wilco I couldn't have seen Elvis Costello or the Decemberists. I still get a short Jenny Lewis set. That's still crappy all around and that's the best possible situation.

I saw JL and Wilco at Bonnaroo this year, yeah it sucked having to skip out on some other artists, but I only missed a few songs at the end of Jenny's set and still made it to see all of Wilco. Plus Elvis Costello came onstage with Jenny for Carpetbaggers. There's always going to be overlap. If you've ever attended a festival and never experienced an overlap/conflict, you didn't do enough research on the lineup beforehand.

faxman75
12-16-2009, 02:28 PM
But I'm an adult and I understand that there will probably be choices I have to make.

So the rest of us that think Coachella does a better job than other fests at scheduling are not adults and don't understand we have to make choices?

wow Tommy.

TommyboyUNM
12-16-2009, 02:29 PM
Exactly. You are all children.

=)

rage patton
12-16-2009, 02:29 PM
In my opinion, I feel Paul T makes better schedules than the other North American festivals for the variety of reasons I posted. I am sure there are other who prefer Bonnaroo's and Lolla's and they have their reasons. I guess the conclusion here is that taste in schedules, is much like ones taste in music... *gulp* subjective.

faxman75
12-16-2009, 02:30 PM
I saw JL and Wilco at Bonnaroo this year, yeah it sucked having to skip out on some other artists, but I only missed a few songs at the end of Jenny's set and still made it to see all of Wilco. Plus Elvis Costello came onstage with Jenny for Carpetbaggers. There's always going to be overlap. If you've ever attended a festival and never experienced an overlap/conflict, you didn't do enough research on the lineup beforehand.

You obviously haven't read this thread. At no time did I say it would have been impossible to see most of Jenny Lewis and all of Wilco if you don't mind a shitty spot for Wilco. Yes, I could have but that still doesn't help if you wanted to see Elvis Costello and the Decemberists who aren't exactly some different style of music.

So yes, I understand you have decisions to make at festivals. In fact, i'm fairly certain Rage understands this too but the discussion started by saying Coachella does a better job at scheduling. I agree with that statement.

A_1_B_2
12-16-2009, 02:31 PM
Hmmm I think conflicts can make or break your Coachella experience. In 2007, the lineup was exactly what I wanted, except the set times of the bands I wanted to see collided or overlapped. I ended up missing bands and having to run from one stage to another and missing parts of sets, which always annoys me. No fun. The infamous Jack Johnson 2008 lineup was a bit subpar outside of Saturday (and I skipped Sunday altogether), yet there were no conflicts whatsoever with the small number of bands I did want to see who somehow filled up the entire day with music, and it ended up being one of my favorite years.

TommyboyUNM
12-16-2009, 02:37 PM
I ended up missing bands and having to run from one stage to another and missing parts of sets, which always annoys me. No fun.

If you really didn't have fun because of that then you're an asshole.

Let's pretend, for a moment, that I actually lived for complaining about set times. Why the fuck was Los Campesinos! conflicting with The Hold Steady? Both are up-and-coming rock bands. Ridiculous. They don't think there is crossover between The Bug and Crystal Castles? Both are some form of electronic and both suck. TV On The Radio/Calexico/Glasvegas. I really did have to make a decision here. Fucked Up and The Gaslight Anthem are both rock. Yeah Yeah Yeahs playing against X is weird. My Bloody Valentine vs The Horrors. The Cure vs The Kills.

Holy shit.....Conflictchella.

A_1_B_2
12-16-2009, 02:44 PM
If you really didn't have fun because of that then you're an asshole.

Let's pretend, for a moment, that I actually lived for complaining about set times. Why the fuck was Los Campesinos! conflicting with The Hold Steady? Both are up-and-coming rock bands. Ridiculous. They don't think there is crossover between The Bug and Crystal Castles? Both are some form of electronic and both suck. TV On The Radio/Calexico/Glasvegas. I really did have to make a decision here. Fucked Up and The Gaslight Anthem are both rock. Yeah Yeah Yeahs playing against X is weird. My Bloody Valentine vs The Horrors. The Cure vs The Kills.

Holy shit.....Conflictchella.

I guess I'm an asshole then. 2007's were so much worse. New Pornographers vs. Peter Bjorn and John comes to mind for indie pop fans, Sonic Youth vs. Interpol for New York indie rock fans, and not wanting to take the chance of losing my spot at the main stage just to see Jarvis on the Outdoor between JAMC and Interpol. As for your conflicts you noted in 2009, The Hold Steady is more of a bar rock band while Los Campesinos! are twee pop so that makes total sense to put them at the same time. TVOTR is an experimental Brooklyn art rock band, Calexico is alt-country-indie and Glasvegas is shoegazy Brit rock. No reason NOT to put them at the same times. Fucked Up is hardcore, Gaslight Anthem is Springsteen rock. No conflict there. MBV vs. Horrors, easy decision because why watch Horrors when you can watch the originators. Same goes for Cure vs. the Kills. More like Conflict Resolutioncheclla.

MarkO
12-16-2009, 02:47 PM
In my opinion, I feel Paul T makes better schedules than the other North American festivals for the variety of reasons I posted. I am sure there are other who prefer Bonnaroo's and Lolla's and they have their reasons. I guess the conclusion here is that taste in schedules, is much like ones taste in music... *gulp* subjective.

Anyone remember the Vegoose '07 clusterfuck of a schedule.

Public Enemy vs. Cypress Hill. Seriously, wth ?

TommyboyUNM
12-16-2009, 02:49 PM
I guess I'm an asshole then. 2007's were so much worse. New Pornographers vs. Peter Bjorn and John comes to mind for indie pop fans, Sonic Youth vs. Interpol for New York indie rock fans, and not wanting to take the chance of losing my spot at the main stage just to see Jarvis on the Outdoor between JAMC and Interpol. As for your conflicts you noted in 2009, The Hold Steady is more of a bar rock band while Los Campesinos! are twee pop so that makes total sense to put them at the same time. TVOTR is an experimental Brooklyn art rock band, Calexico is alt-country-indie and Glasvegas is shoegazy Brit rock. No reason NOT to put them at the same times. Fucked Up is hardcore, Gaslight Anthem is Springsteen rock. No conflict there. MBV vs. Horrors, easy decision because why watch Horrors when you can watch the originators. Same goes for Cure vs. the Kills. More like Conflict Resolutioncheclla.

Don't you think fan bases cross over with all of those conflicts, though? Now I'm confused. Do conflicts suck because of fan-base crossover, or do they suck if the artists sound alike. Neither, because it's totally fucking subjective. Thanks for helping me prove my point, A 1 B 2, you dolt.

A_1_B_2
12-16-2009, 02:55 PM
Don't you think fan bases cross over with all of those conflicts, though? Now I'm confused. Do conflicts suck because of fan-base crossover, or do they suck if the artists sound alike. Neither, because it's totally fucking subjective. Thanks for helping me prove my point, A 1 B 2, you dolt.

I don't think they cross over fan bases, actually. I personally was refining the genres to most specific I could. Yet I do see your point because the entire festival is, for a lack of better terms, an indie-alternative music festival, so really, the entire thing is one big conflict no matter how small or large a band is when they play at any point in the day against another band. Now are you going to keep hollering at us all, and do I need to put up another .gif of that badger swinging its penis around? Calm down, sir.

TommyboyUNM
12-16-2009, 02:58 PM
the entire festival is, for a lack of better terms, an indie-alternative music festival, so really, the entire thing is one big conflict no matter how small or large a band is when they play at any point in the day against another band.

This was kind of wise, you are no longer an idiot.

A_1_B_2
12-16-2009, 03:04 PM
This was kind of wise, you are no longer an idiot.

Thank you, bro. I find that taking the non-yelling approach makes discussions here more civil.

TommyboyUNM
12-16-2009, 03:08 PM
And I find that you should mind your own business.

rage patton
12-16-2009, 03:11 PM

It wasn't only that. It was Public Enemy vs. Cypress Hill vs. the last 15 minutes of Atmosphere.

For 15 minutes, there was hip-hop on all 3 stages.

A_1_B_2
12-16-2009, 03:12 PM
Oh, the twirling dicked badger gif is so coming out now...

chairmenmeow47
12-16-2009, 03:45 PM

i had always thought that he made the schedules based on his preferences, in fact i thought i read that somewhere. it just shows that he puts real thought into how things should flow. obviously not everyone will agree 100% with his tastes, but with that in mind he does a good job of putting cohen opposed to something totally opposite like ghostland observacrappy.

nationocean
12-16-2009, 03:47 PM

i thought there was actual things to talk about.. but after i'm gone for two weeks, pages and pages about festival schedules and muse

Frosty
12-16-2009, 03:49 PM
ghostland observacrappy.

:nono

rage patton
12-16-2009, 03:49 PM
I'll fill you in Nation.

Blah blah blah.

Gorillaz

blah blah blah

Rolling Stones

blah blah blah

Pavement is not playing

blah blah blah

OMG DATES ARE OUT + LAYWAY INFO

blah blah blah

tickets

blah blah blah

Bitching about Pearl Jam

blah blah blah

Some band are bringing a new stage with them to replace the mainstage... Muse or Rolling Stones?

Blah blah blah

Fuck you

blah blah blah

Y'know. The usual.

chairmenmeow47
12-16-2009, 03:51 PM

who would have thought snowmen liked lazers.

superfiction
12-16-2009, 03:54 PM
Chino announces to Noisecreep (http://www.noisecreep.com/2009/12/16/the-deftones-interview-creep-show/) that the new Deftones LP drops April 27th.

Crushing blows.

:thu

GeezrRckr
12-16-2009, 03:54 PM
I'll fill you in Nation.

Blah blah blah.

Gorillaz

blah blah blah

Rolling Stones

blah blah blah

Pavement is not playing

blah blah blah

blah blah blah

tickets

blah blah blah

Bitching about Pearl Jam

blah blah blah

Some band are bringing a new stage with them to replace the mainstage... Muse or Rolling Stones?

Blah blah blah

Fuck you

blah blah blah

Y'know. The usual.

lulz. excellent summary, rage, except you left out...blah blah blah car camping and RVs

nationocean
12-16-2009, 03:55 PM
I'll fill you in Nation.

Blah blah blah.

Gorillaz

blah blah blah

Rolling Stones

blah blah blah

Pavement is not playing

blah blah blah

blah blah blah

tickets

blah blah blah

Bitching about Pearl Jam

blah blah blah

Blah blah blah

Fuck you

blah blah blah

Y'know. The usual.

saved me going back 20 pages :)

i feel like i should start talking about radiohead or something.

nationocean
12-16-2009, 04:00 PM
Has everyone already gone crazy with this.. "Also, for the first time all festival attendees will be able to go in & out of the concert venue during the show for the entire weekend!"

Cuz I should see like 10 threads about this already..

GeezrRckr
12-16-2009, 04:01 PM
Has everyone already gone crazy with this.. "Also, for the first time all festival attendees will be able to go in & out of the concert venue during the show for the entire weekend!"

Cuz I should see like 10 threads about this already..

that's just for campers/RV'ers, no? did i really miss that. hold on...gonna go over that again.

EDIT: okay, it does say "all" but I wonder if it is truly all or just those with camp wristbands. As PF said...we'll get all the deets later. I just hope that's true wrt it being ALL!

nationocean
12-16-2009, 04:02 PM
Nope, it's for EVERYONE.

Ravingmad
12-16-2009, 04:03 PM
that's just for campers/RV'ers, no? did i really miss that. hold on...gonna go over that again.

It says "all festival attendees" so it should be everyone.

(edit) beaten all to hell

GeezrRckr
12-16-2009, 04:10 PM
Nope, it's for EVERYONE.

okay, okay.

i guess since it's in the camping section, and since i never thought i'd see the day....i had selective reading. wow!

guedita
12-16-2009, 04:11 PM
I'm wondering how that will change or affect single day tickets. It sort of seems like if everyone can come and go, everyone will have to have a 3 day pass...?

GeezrRckr
12-16-2009, 04:13 PM
perhaps they will do it a la ACL with a plastic wrist band and dedicated entrance(s) and then single-day'ers without. seems pretty simple. i don't see how they could get away (business-wise) with just selling 3-days.

guedita
12-16-2009, 04:16 PM
That makes sense. I'm a 3-day goer without question so it doesn't really matter to me either way. I also don't think it would take a whole hour to go to the campground and back, but I'm probably not factoring in the re-entry/search line too heavily.

GeezrRckr
12-16-2009, 04:21 PM
I also don't think it would take a whole hour to go to the campground and back, but I'm probably not factoring in the re-entry/search line too heavily.

or other things.

depends on just what one might *do* back in the campground, right ;)

Boourns
12-16-2009, 04:34 PM
ghostland observacrappy.

If only the music lived up to the lasers.

dorkfish
12-16-2009, 04:39 PM
Since you all consider Bassnectar confirmed, he's touring with Major Lazer leading up to Coachella with more dates TBA:

Major Lazer / Bassnectar tour:
Wed 04/07/10 House of Blues Cleveland Cleveland OH
Thu 04/08/10 The Vogue Indianapolis IN
Fri 04/09/10 The Fillmore Detroit Detroit MI

HandBanana
12-16-2009, 04:42 PM
If only the music lived up to the lasers.

Undersigned times one millions.

FoxeyLady
12-16-2009, 04:51 PM

/cool story bro

Rilo Kiley? Cat Power?

Boourns
12-16-2009, 04:52 PM
If you want conflicts, try Glasto. That shit is brutal.

tigermilkboy
12-16-2009, 05:17 PM
If you want conflicts, try Glasto. That shit is brutal.

Never really a prob at Glasto. Can easily take you an hour to walk from the Main Stage to another stage. Conflicts are limited by the ability to actually move that fast.

BlackSwan
12-16-2009, 05:18 PM
ghostland observacrappy.

Combining hair-metal vocals with shitty electronic music is a terrible idea.

rage patton
12-16-2009, 05:20 PM
You think Ghostland has hair-metal vocals? Seriously? I know thier new album sucks and all, but Delete.Delete.I.Eat.Meat. is a fantastic album. Paparazi Lightning is a ton of fun too.

Screw you guys, Ghostland were great at Coachella.

BlackSwan
12-16-2009, 05:20 PM
Rilo Kiley? Cat Power?

Putting Jenny Lewis and Chan Marshall in the same post gives me all sorts or interesting ideas.

BlackSwan
12-16-2009, 05:22 PM
You think Ghostland has hair-metal vocals? Seriously? I know thier new album sucks and all, but Delete.Delete.I.Eat.Meat. is a fantastic album. Paparazi Lightning is a ton of fun too.

Screw you guys, Ghostland were great at Coachella.

Maybe hair-metal is the wrong descriptor. You know what I am trying to get at... would you prefer I said "glam-rock" or something? Doesn't change how much they suck.

rage patton
12-16-2009, 05:24 PM
Your opinion doesn't change how much fun they are. Ghostland->Beirut was a great Friday night. Beirut blew me away... best act of the whole festival.

We need Beirut back ASAP.

Monklish
12-16-2009, 05:25 PM
Ghostland's bass lines are fine. Their singer needs his goddamn lungs torn out. If you think otherwise, you're wrong.

TommyboyUNM
12-16-2009, 05:27 PM
99% of the Ghostland reviews I hear/read are about LASERS. His voice really is awful.

rage patton
12-16-2009, 05:32 PM
LASERS are great, but I actually really enjoy them even without the lasers. They were fun when I saw them at Vegoose, I only knew 2 songs, it was during the day and they had NO lasers. And I enjoy their first two albums, even the vocals. Their new one sucks balls though.

TommyboyUNM
12-16-2009, 05:35 PM
You know what, I was actually able to tune out his voice at Coachella. It didn't make me run off in disgust like Crystal Castles did at Sasquatch.

Monklish
12-16-2009, 05:41 PM
Lasers are really boring, actually.

GeezrRckr
12-16-2009, 05:42 PM
You know what, I was actually able to tune out his voice at Coachella. It didn't make me run off in disgust like Crystal Castles did at Sasquatch.

crystal castles at coachella was just as awful!

12-16-2009, 05:43 PM
Muse is in the confirmed, but they're also still in the heavily rumored?
Did they just not get removed from that list yet or is it like a "They're pretty much confirmed, but still unsure."

heart cooks brain
12-16-2009, 05:51 PM
Lasers are really boring, actually.

I hope your great-grandmother comes back from the dead, tears that shitty fuckin hat off your shitty fuckin head and eats your grey matter like so many curds amd whey

Monklish
12-16-2009, 05:53 PM
... so we're going nursery rhyme with our ill wishes now?

heart cooks brain
12-16-2009, 05:55 PM
I like to kick it old school

Monklish
12-16-2009, 05:57 PM
Or maybe you just have the mentality of a foppish British eight year old.

heart cooks brain
12-16-2009, 05:58 PM
You say that like its an insult

A_1_B_2
12-16-2009, 06:17 PM
Matt and Kim

benhur
12-16-2009, 06:33 PM
Muse is in the confirmed, but they're also still in the heavily rumored?
Did they just not get removed from that list yet or is it like a "They're pretty much confirmed, but still unsure."

pitchfork confirmed them

FoxeyLady
12-16-2009, 06:35 PM

/cool story bro

anyone mentioned Neko Case?

Duvel
12-16-2009, 06:37 PM

would love to see her there.

Playing Melbourne Jan 15th...will report back....maybe

suprefan
12-16-2009, 06:43 PM
Matt and Kim

ok..

suprefan
12-16-2009, 06:44 PM
Your opinion doesn't change how much fun they are. Ghostland->Beirut was a great Friday night. Beirut blew me away... best act of the whole festival.

We need Beirut back ASAP.

He doesnt like to tour, youre out of luck.

faxman75
12-16-2009, 06:51 PM

I would love to see her there. Not with the New Pornographers though, just solo. I would also prefer mostly songs from Blacklisted. Thank you.

emtgreg
12-16-2009, 07:02 PM

/cool story bro

Girl Ginger's are my Favorite :)

nbvcide
12-16-2009, 07:36 PM

that reminds me of the Roger Waters vs Black Mountain conflict at Coachella last year..

Since you all consider Bassnectar confirmed, he's touring with Major Lazer leading up to Coachella with more dates TBA:

Major Lazer / Bassnectar tour:
Wed 04/07/10 House of Blues Cleveland Cleveland OH
Thu 04/08/10 The Vogue Indianapolis IN
Fri 04/09/10 The Fillmore Detroit Detroit MI

neither of those surprise me in the least, i assumed they'd be playing..

i'm really curious for some leaks we couldn't have predicted six months ago.. something out of the blue..

nbvcide
12-16-2009, 07:44 PM
P.S. why are the last ten pages about Bonnaroo set times?

jjbaldwi
12-16-2009, 07:45 PM
Is the Muse really going to headline? Or would a sub-headlline make more sense?

suprefan
12-16-2009, 08:07 PM
Is the Muse really going to headline? Or would a sub-headlline make more sense?

Headline, no questions.

A_1_B_2
12-16-2009, 08:28 PM
I thought this was an interesting opinion:

Alex Young on Dec 16th, 2009 at 12:26 pm

As far I know, Muse is signed on to headline. Could that change? I suppose. I think Beasties would be a subheadliner. I don’t really by the Stones talk, but that would open a whole different slew of possibilities.

seandigi
12-16-2009, 08:32 PM
Definately going to headline. They are huge right now.

nationocean
12-16-2009, 08:38 PM
I thought this was an interesting opinion:

DUDE. ALEX, STOP QUOTING YOURSELF.

JEBUS!

Driftwood
12-16-2009, 08:45 PM
This could happen.

http://www.thegauntlet.com/article/1225/17510/.html

paulthomasanderson
12-16-2009, 08:50 PM
Yo La Tengo's making rounds across the midwest, then finishing up in Spain in late March. Not much to it, but still leaves them open to play if pursued by Goldenvoice.

http://www.yolatengo.com/schedule.html

obzen
This could happen.

http://www.thegauntlet.com/article/1225/17510/.htmlGood find.

nationocean
Nationocean has no reliable information. Just reminding anyone who's forgotten.

More than you, Egg Nog.

superfiction
12-16-2009, 08:56 PM
This could happen.

http://www.thegauntlet.com/article/1225/17510/.html

this was posted in here like 3 days ago

Driftwood
12-16-2009, 09:02 PM
I used the search function with the band name and all I could find was a mention in the top three thread.

Also everywhere I've seen the dates were only announced today.

luckycortney
12-16-2009, 09:09 PM

Crystal Castles was horrible at Coachella too, i equate her voice to the screeching cry of a dying cat. No bueno on acid... it was awful.

superfiction
12-16-2009, 09:11 PM
I used the search function with the band name and all I could find was a mention in the top three thread.

Also everywhere I've seen the dates were only announced today.

they came out yesterday to be honest. and its in here somewhere.

GeezrRckr
12-16-2009, 09:39 PM
DUDE. ALEX, STOP QUOTING YOURSELF.

JEBUS!

word. the charade has been over for weeks.

GeezrRckr
12-16-2009, 09:41 PM
Crystal Castles was horrible at Coachella too, i equate her voice to the screeching cry of a dying cat. No bueno on acid... it was awful.

no bueno on O2 either!

Monklish
12-16-2009, 09:44 PM
no bueno on O2 either!

... where were you inhaling pure oxygen?

GeezrRckr
12-16-2009, 09:49 PM
i snuck it in along with my pocket vodkas and ampules of morphine. i've got a system.

nbvcide
12-17-2009, 12:16 AM
at least the Scooper thread gave us a crash & burn that was entertaining to watch..

guest-1185
12-17-2009, 12:34 AM
http://ownedirl.com/misc/do_not_want_2.jpg

malcolmjamalawesome
12-17-2009, 05:07 AM
Booka Shade? Their Facebook says new album early next year.

Dear Friends (Booka Shade Fan Page in particular) This Fan page has now been transferred here to the official Booka Shade Facebook page. The band are in the studio working on the album which is due for release in early 2010. The band have not had much time for remixes this year but have just completed a remix for Yello - The Expert-Booka Shade remix. More info. to follow soon.

suprefan
12-17-2009, 06:33 AM
Works for me

Sokkerkid101
12-17-2009, 07:53 AM
I don't know if this has come up (im not gonna look through 200 pages) but saw this

http://busyp.coolcats.fr/

scroll down 2 or 3 scrolls

superfiction
12-17-2009, 07:54 AM
P goes every year whether he's playing or not. this isnt really a confirmation of anything. though its easily assumable that at least 1 edbanger artist will be playing.

psychoc&ndy
12-17-2009, 07:55 AM
busy p is there every year. he runs goldenvoice

GnarVee
12-17-2009, 08:07 AM
busy p is there every year. he runs goldenvoice

wasn't he Daft Punk's manager.....use to be at least.

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Sokkerkid101
12-17-2009, 08:16 AM
My mistake...

I make these snake mistakes
I make these phoney ropes
I make these snake mistakes
I know i know i know i know

superfiction
12-17-2009, 08:20 AM
wasn't he Daft Punk's manager.....use to be at least.

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

used to be. dont read into it.

suprefan
12-17-2009, 08:54 AM
Hey check it out, we got some more news!!!!!! (http://thescenestar.typepad.com/ss/2009/12/coachella-valley-music-arts-festival-2010-lineup-rumors.html#more)

LEGIT

sbessiso
12-17-2009, 08:56 AM
How are Gorillaz "confirmed"?

and Hot Chip are both confirmed AND heavily rumored?

yeah, real legit

suprefan
12-17-2009, 08:57 AM
Youll figure it out.

paulthomasanderson
12-17-2009, 08:57 AM
Hey check it out, we got some more news!!!!!! (http://thescenestar.typepad.com/ss/2009/12/coachella-valley-music-arts-festival-2010-lineup-rumors.html#more)

LEGIT

Beastie Boys? Not a chance this is legit...and they also have RHCP and U2 on the heavily rumored list, so come on...

Grant
12-17-2009, 08:58 AM
How are Gorillaz, Public Image Ltd. confirmed...

And I'm pretty sure RHCP are done.

suprefan
12-17-2009, 09:00 AM
Crushing blows.........

GeezrRckr
12-17-2009, 09:02 AM
Booka Shade? Their Facebook says new album early next year.

yes, please.

paulthomasanderson
12-17-2009, 09:04 AM
Muse is in both categories too...it's like they took summerkid's list that had that and used it, and yet, they're not intelligent enough to make it look the least bit believable by having some of those names on there. Moving on...

GeezrRckr
12-17-2009, 09:04 AM
And I'm pretty sure RHCP are done.

let's hope so.

sbessiso
12-17-2009, 09:05 AM
Too legit to quit

suprefan
12-17-2009, 09:16 AM
COS this is not btw..

Monklish
12-17-2009, 09:18 AM
COS this is not btw..

... what the fuck does that even mean?

suprefan
12-17-2009, 09:20 AM
you know how they just pull it out of their ass, make you think they totally know whats going to happen, and then they fail to deliver? Thats Alex Young and co.

paulthomasanderson
12-17-2009, 09:20 AM
In other news, 2ManyDjs aren't all that likely anymore: http://www.gigwise.com/news/53931/2ManyDJs-Join-Snowbombing-Festival-2010-Line-Up

Grant
12-17-2009, 09:23 AM
Public Image Ltd. would be rad, though.

higgybaby23
12-17-2009, 09:23 AM
In other news, 2ManyDjs aren't all that likely anymore: http://www.gigwise.com/news/53931/2ManyDJs-Join-Snowbombing-Festival-2010-Line-Up

To me, this news actually makes them more likely.

Leeartlee
12-17-2009, 09:25 AM
Crushing blows.........

What is this term? Is it a video game reference or something?

amyzzz
12-17-2009, 09:27 AM
I so want Booka Shade. I haven't seen them yet. :(

BlackSwan
12-17-2009, 09:27 AM

LEGIT

Gorillaz being confirmed is total bullshit.

Monklish
12-17-2009, 09:28 AM
To me, this news actually makes them more likely.

You think that them being in Austria a week before Coachella makes them more likely? Are you a fucking ass?

higgybaby23
12-17-2009, 09:31 AM
The fact that they are playing a festival the week before Coachella makes them likely. It is almost a full week before, plenty of time to make the trip from anywhere on the globe.

Monklish
12-17-2009, 09:32 AM
You couldn't possibly be any fucking dumber.

higgybaby23
12-17-2009, 09:34 AM
You couldn't possibly be any fucking dumber.

Please elaborate.

Monklish
12-17-2009, 09:36 AM
You think that them being on the entire opposite side of the fucking world from Coachella makes them more likely.

paulthomasanderson
12-17-2009, 09:37 AM
The fact that they are playing a festival the week before Coachella makes them likely. It is almost a full week before, plenty of time to make the trip from anywhere on the globe.

So you're basically saying that any potential Sahara act playing anywhere in the world a few days before Coachella is completely "likely" to play? If it were in the States, sure, especially in the West, but this is Austria we're talking about. :nono

higgybaby23
12-17-2009, 09:40 AM
Austria has modern airports, it's a week away Coachella, they are actively touring. Yes I think this makes them more likely to play than less likely.

If they said they were in the studio or not touring, then that would make me think they are less likely to play.

amyzzz
12-17-2009, 09:41 AM
I'm not believing anything until the lineup comes out (except Muse, that's gotta be f'realz).

Monklish
12-17-2009, 09:42 AM
It must be nice to live in a world where it doesn't cost money to fly the furthest possible distance.

superfiction
12-17-2009, 09:42 AM
id say i agree. it makes them more likely. it doesnt take 5 days to get from austria to coachella.

Leeartlee
12-17-2009, 09:44 AM
Austria has modern airports, it's a week away Coachella, they are actively touring. Yes I think this makes them more likely to play than less likely.

If they said they were in the studio or not touring, then that would make me think they are less likely to play.

Granted, touring and not having a confirmed date for Coachella means they are not out of the running, but this info of them being in AU puts them in the very unlikely category.

Monklish
12-17-2009, 09:45 AM
Once again, you people confuse something being physically possible with being likely.

suprefan
12-17-2009, 09:47 AM

I dont think a plane takes 6 days to get over here if they performed on April 10th.

higgybaby23
12-17-2009, 09:48 AM
It must be nice to live in a world where it doesn't cost money to fly the furthest possible distance.

I would assume Goldenvoice would make it worth their while. Not to mention attending one of the best festivals/partys in the world.

GeezrRckr
12-17-2009, 09:49 AM
it's all about the money. i would like to see them there.

but, the argument over likely vs. unlikely because they are actually playing a one-off fest is pointless.

Monklish
12-17-2009, 09:49 AM
All I'm saying is usually when we see that an act's in Europe the week before Coachella in the months leading up to the lineup, they ain't on the fucking poster. Very very rarely does anyone bail on Europe to come over here and play Coach. If you got evidence to the contrary, present it.

GeezrRckr
12-17-2009, 09:51 AM
plus, there is the little matter of acquiring work visas. i am not versed on that process but i have heard it's not like a walk through the park (thanks, GWB).

paulthomasanderson
12-17-2009, 09:53 AM
I dont think a plane takes 6 days to get over here if they performed on April 10th.

They're not likely based on the fact that it's within a week and they'll be in Austria. Every person is entitled to their own opinion, but frankly, anyone saying this makes them more likely makes little sense to me, unless this festival was somewhere in the U.S., namely the West like I said before, in which case I'd say they're very likely. Just because they're playing a gig within a week of Coachella doesn't mean there's a good chance they'll play; otherwise, if this is how it's going to be, then we might as well say that Orbital's likely now since they're playing overseas within a month of Coachella.

higgybaby23
12-17-2009, 09:54 AM
All I'm saying is usually when we see that an act's in Europe the week before Coachella in the months leading up to the lineup, they ain't on the fucking poster. Very very rarely does anyone bail on Europe to come over here and play Coach. If you got evidence to the contrary, present it.

I understand your point. And I don't have any evidence to support my "more likely" claim. I guess it's just a hunch.

Edit: I have a gut feeling Orbital will be there too. Everyone's free to call me a fucking idiot when the lineup is released. If that's too long to wait everyone can just call me a fucking idiot now.

westcoastpirate
12-17-2009, 09:54 AM
I know someone posted it, and it is confirmed by the promoter in AZ that the Big Pink and A Place to Bury Strangers will both be at Coachella on their Facebook page. Regards to Big Pink:
http://www.facebook.com/stateside

Stateside Presents Making a stop in Phoenix with "A Place to Bury Strangers" on their way to Coachella 2010.

A_1_B_2
12-17-2009, 10:01 AM
Sweet, another thrilling argument regarding the wording of a posting. The vs The (optional), The majority vs. 25% and now Likely vs. Unlikely due to physical location. 2010 rumor arguments are all about technicalities!

guedita
12-17-2009, 10:01 AM
I understand your point. And I don't have any evidence to support my "more likely" claim. I guess it's just a hunch.

Edit: I have a gut feeling Orbital will be there too. Everyone's free to call me a fucking idiot when the lineup is released. If that's too long to wait everyone can just call me a fucking idiot now.

2ManyDJ's played Creamfield in Argentina a week after being in LA for HHM. This is in no way strong evidence for the 'more likely' claim, because California and Argentina are relatively closer than California and Austria. I'm taking their Austria dates to suggest that it's more likely they'll play Coachella out of naive optimism and an urgent desire to see them work their magic again.

TommyboyUNM
12-17-2009, 10:03 AM
Sweet, another thrilling argument regarding the wording of a posting. The vs The (optional), The majority vs. 25% and now Likely vs. Unlikely due to physical location. 2010 rumor arguments are all about technicalities!

The majority vs 25% isn't a technicality.

superfiction
12-17-2009, 10:04 AM
i'll put 100 bucks down that 2manydjs play

paulthomasanderson
12-17-2009, 10:06 AM
i'll put 100 bucks down that 2manydjs play

Just please explain your reasoning behind stating they are "more likely" to play because of this Austria gig, then I'll consider.

Monklish
12-17-2009, 10:09 AM
2ManyDJ's played Creamfield in Argentina a week after being in LA for HHM. This is in no way strong evidence for the 'more likely' claim, because California and Argentina are relatively closer than California and Austria. I'm taking their Austria dates to suggest that it's more likely they'll play Coachella out of naive optimism and an urgent desire to see them work their magic again.

Being in the same hemisphere is a nice start.

higgybaby23
12-17-2009, 10:10 AM
After this debate, how long before cos has 2ManyDJs as confirmed?

Leeartlee
12-17-2009, 10:11 AM

If someone calls you an idiot for making a wild prediction, I wouldn't take it personally. Your just making a guess and they should fuck off. But if you start to attach your speculation to other gathered facts, might be best to tread more lightly.

superfiction
12-17-2009, 10:11 AM
im not saying anything. im just saying i think theyll play

heart cooks brain
12-17-2009, 10:14 AM
Being in the same hemisphere is a nice start.

Northern, fuckwad

Monklish
12-17-2009, 10:15 AM
Northern, fuckwad

Nobody cares about those hemispheres.

higgybaby23
If someone calls you an idiot for making a wild prediction, I wouldn't take it personally. Your just making a guess and they should fuck off. But if you start to attach your speculation to other gathered facts, might be best to tread more lightly.

I don't think I could tread anymore lightly around here with my opinions. And I never take anything on the boards too personally. I'm a little flattered when Randy decides to tear into my posts.

suprefan
So I feel thom Yorke is more likely now, Flea is at the fest, he is in the band, so why not.

paulthomasanderson
12-17-2009, 10:16 AM
im not saying anything. im just saying i think theyll play

No backing up your claim that it makes them more likely, hm? Very well though, we shall soon learn the truth.

Grant
12-17-2009, 10:16 AM
This just came to you now? ...

Leeartlee
12-17-2009, 10:18 AM
I don't think I could tread anymore lightly around here with my opinions. And I never take anything on the boards too personally. I'm a little flattered when Randy decides to tear into my posts.

If being put in Randy's cross hairs was as flattering affair, we'd have a lot of inflated egos around here.

AlecEiffel
12-17-2009, 10:21 AM
So I feel thom Yorke is more likely now, Flea is at the fest, he is in the band, so why not.

Isn't Flea usually there hanging out every year?

Monklish
12-17-2009, 10:22 AM
You should all be honored that I bother to help you realize how you suck.

Leeartlee
12-17-2009, 10:24 AM
Yes, you do fine work around here. You should be very proud

TommyboyUNM
You should all be honored that I bother to help you realize how you suck.

You've helped me improve my sucking skills plenty of times.

higgybaby23
If being put in Randy's cross hairs was as flattering affair, we'd have a lot of inflated egos around here.

Maybe I'm just a masochist.

guedita
Actually, I just looked at flight information from LAX--> Buenos Aires, and Vienna--->LAX. Both trips are around 12-13 hours. I figured the former would be a relatively shorter trip. I'll do just about anything to convince myself the Dewaele brothers are coming to Coachella.

GeezrRckr
12-17-2009, 10:28 AM
After this debate, how long before cos has 2ManyDJs as confirmed?

:rotfl

Monklish
12-17-2009, 10:29 AM

You're still not that good at it, frankly. It takes a Mexican to suck at sucking.

unknown
12-17-2009, 10:29 AM

And this is why some question your sexuality. Time for more jokes in the house group. Hooray.

paulthomasanderson
12-17-2009, 10:54 AM
I know someone posted it, and it is confirmed by the promoter in AZ that the Big Pink and A Place to Bury Strangers will both be at Coachella on their Facebook page. Regards to Big Pink:
http://www.facebook.com/stateside

This seems fully legitimate, indeed.

rage patton
12-17-2009, 10:55 AM

Who is Flea playing with at the fest?

paulthomasanderson
Who is Flea playing with at the fest?

Thombola.

guest-1185
I'm under the impression 2manydjs will be bumpin' the tent. 2manydjs, here we go!

TommyboyUNM
12-17-2009, 10:57 AM
And this is why some question your sexuality. Time for more jokes in the house group. Hooray.

Apparently I'm not that good at it, Lilia, so maybe the gay jokes aren't warranted?

Randy, that confuses me because I received dirty text after dirty text begging for more of my "dirty spic mouth." Is that just some sort of white man's power trip? If so, that's even more hot.

Monklish
12-17-2009, 10:58 AM
Apparently I'm not that good at it, Lilia, so maybe the gay jokes aren't warranted?

Randy, that confuses me because I received dirty text after dirty text begging for more of my "dirty spic mouth." Is that just some sort of white man's power trip? If so, that's even more hot.

You think white people are willing to fuck you for some reason other than a power trip? Get real, wetback.

rage patton
12-17-2009, 10:59 AM
Thombola.

Thom Yorke? I thought what Supre was saying was since Flea is already playing in another band playing Coachella, Thom Yorke and his band are more likely.

TommyboyUNM
12-17-2009, 10:59 AM
You think white people are willing to fuck you for some reason other than a power trip? Get real, wetback.

Can you say that again, but this time use the moaning font. Thanks.

superfiction
12-17-2009, 11:03 AM
Thom Yorke? I thought what Supre was saying was since Flea is already playing in another band playing Coachella, Thom Yorke and his band are more likely.

again. i thought the reason thom yorke was likely was cuz of something he said at the LA shows about playing more shows in the new year in southern california or some shit

Foucault
12-17-2009, 11:08 AM
This guy deserves an "I like" button...

i snuck it in along with my pocket vodkas and ampules of morphine. i've got a system.

paulthomasanderson
12-17-2009, 11:22 AM
Thom Yorke never named the group, but I assume he possibly meant Flea attending Coachella means there is more of a possibility of Yorke playing, yes Supre? Did you consider though that the RHCP may start a new tour around that time though? Yorke doesn't need Flea to perform live.

AlecEiffel
12-17-2009, 11:32 AM
I kind of the doubt that RHCP is really gearing up to do anything right now, I may be wrong, but I think they probably have some restructuring to do.

superfiction
12-17-2009, 11:36 AM
i think they have some awards show or soemthing they are playing in january. they already have a new guitar player. they have no intentions of stopping. they probably should. but hey. whatever i guess. i wonder if janes wasnt doing anything rright now if theyd asked navarro back

paulthomasanderson
12-17-2009, 11:38 AM
Speaking to Clash magazine, Smith said that the album could be finished "Some time next year, maybe this time [next year]". The band will make their live comeback with the full line-up on January 29, 2010, paying tribute to Neil Young at MusiCares. Whether they start a new tour or not, I could care less, because like I said, even if they did and Flea was involved with that, it doesn't mean Yorke can't do Coachella. And has anyone else noticed and looked into that update saying A Place To Bury Strangers is a confirmation for Coachella?

AlecEiffel
12-17-2009, 11:39 AM
I know that they have a new guy already, but shouldn't they take some time to get good with that guy? Not to mention that they have been apart for a while, I'd just hope they would take the time to get pack into shape before jumping into huge headlining gigs. Also, they should have stopped before Californication.