PDA

View Full Version : Rockstar Mayhem Festival

scoop49er
07-06-2009, 09:41 AM
for all the headbangers on the board:

is anyone going to this festival this year?

lineup has :
Marilyn Manson
Slayer
Killswitch Engage
Bullet for my Valentine
Cannibal Corpse
Trivium
Job for a Cowboy
Godforbid
Behemoth
All that Remains
The Black Dahlia Murder
Whitechapel
Mushroomhead

not a bad metal festival at all.. im going fri and sat just so i get metal fix in for the summer! :) anyone else going to any dates?

JustSteve
07-06-2009, 11:32 AM
a guy i used to work for runs this thing, not really my kind of music, but i may try and drop by.

edit: if i feel like dealing with that shitty venue in devore.

sbessiso
07-06-2009, 11:36 AM
I have tickets to this!!!!

No, seriously. I do!

scoop49er
07-06-2009, 12:39 PM

No, seriously. I do!

lol! that made me laugh!

yeha i have tickets too! for 2 different venues! back to back!

i love hard rock festivals..... great intensity and the vibe is no different than any other music festival excpet more mohawks and more brothers fucking their sisters but other than that its about the same! :)

ED GEIN
07-06-2009, 12:40 PM
Have a pit ticket to the Indiana date.

sbessiso
07-06-2009, 12:45 PM
I have a lawn ticket and i'm only interested in Manson. I know im going to hate Slayer

WhyTheLongFace
07-06-2009, 12:48 PM
I want to go for Manson. Any chances he tours after this by himself?

scoop49er
07-06-2009, 12:52 PM
im sure he will in the fall..... there a few bands i want to see.

all than remains is a good band with a badass girl bass player

trivium is always good live
killswitch engage is solid
slayer will be insane.. i will be watching from the back of the pit
and manson is very good live so it will be alot of fun!

ED GEIN
07-06-2009, 01:01 PM
im sure he will in the fall..... there a few bands i want to see.

all than remains is a good band with a badass girl bass player

trivium is always good live
killswitch engage is solid
slayer will be insane.. i will be watching from the back of the pit
and manson is very good live so it will be alot of fun!

Never cared for Trivium. Definetly checking out the rest you have listed. Don't miss Behemoth!!!

scoop49er
07-06-2009, 01:03 PM
if i can remember i think i saw them at the free ozzfest in 07 and it was pretty insane...

death metal is hard to get into cuz i like to be able to understand the lead singer at least a little!.

but they are theatric so i dig it! fuck im pumped for it!

ED GEIN
07-06-2009, 01:08 PM
if i can remember i think i saw them at the free ozzfest in 07 and it was pretty insane...

death metal is hard to get into cuz i like to be able to understand the lead singer at least a little!.

but they are theatric so i dig it! fuck im pumped for it!

I am also hitting up an off date a couple of days before Mayhem with Killswitch and All That Remains. I really like Killswitch alot. Have you heard the new album yet? It came out last week. I like it alot.

scoop49er
07-06-2009, 01:10 PM
no i havent... whats the title? ill download it tongiht....

i put a sampler together a couple of days ago of all the bands... after doing roo and watching some of the metal bands who played like shadows fall and dillinger escape plan, it made me remember why i love metal concerts alot as the intensity is always insane!!

let me know ed!

ED GEIN
07-06-2009, 01:13 PM
no i havent... whats the title? ill download it tongiht....

i put a sampler together a couple of days ago of all the bands... after doing roo and watching some of the metal bands who played like shadows fall and dillinger escape plan, it made me remember why i love metal concerts alot as the intensity is always insane!!

let me know ed!

I believe it is a self titled release which they have already done previously. Sure it won't be hard to find.

scoop49er
07-06-2009, 01:15 PM
saaaaaweeet! thanks ed! ill download it tonight... yeah i miss the days when ozzfest would start from 9am till 11pm! but this will do for now. going both days so i cna watch all the bands and soak up the metal!!

nbvwes
07-06-2009, 01:21 PM
No, seriously. I do!

wtf?!

I have a lawn ticket and i'm only interested in Manson. I know im going to hate Slayer

ah... now it makes so much more sense...
Manson goes on last, have fun with that!

yeah, i first decided to go to this when i saw Mushroomhead listed, but they're only playing 3 dates back east :( i'll probably still go to this (only $20), and Glen Helen IS an awesome venue...

God Forbid, Cannibal Corpse, Trivium, KsE, Slayer, Manson... not a bad show for $20...

too bad about Mushroomhead though, damn they never come out to Cali!

sbessiso
07-06-2009, 03:37 PM
Cannibal Corpse is playing??

Really???

Holy Shit this is gunna be awesome

feather
07-06-2009, 05:09 PM
a guy i used to work for runs this thing, not really my kind of music, but i may try and drop by.

edit: if i feel like dealing with that shitty venue in devore.

The worst venue I have ever been to. I will never go to Devore again!

nbvwes
07-06-2009, 05:19 PM
The worst venue I have ever been to. I will never go to Devore again!

really?! i love glen helen! i guess it could depend on the show, but i've been to twenty shows there (mostly fests) and i've never had a bad experience...

i put it in the top 5 outdoor venues in the u.s.

what show did you go to feather?

obzen
07-06-2009, 06:40 PM
Slayer
Cannibal Corpse

these would be the only acts worthy enough to behold

however-Cannibal Corpse are a shell of themselves and Chris Barnes is a way better singer than Corpse-grinder and ive already seen Slayer,so--im not going...

...however,if Meshuggah was added id go in a heartbeat.

suprefan
07-06-2009, 07:03 PM
So you have waited 3 months to post about this line up? Wow, you sure pay attention.

scoop49er
07-06-2009, 07:48 PM
suprefan, i pay attention that u r a douche! :)shithead..

obzen
07-06-2009, 08:10 PM
So you have waited 3 months to post about this line up? Wow, you sure pay attention.

no,i did it on a whim-cause im like that.

nbvwes
07-06-2009, 10:46 PM
there's a website where you can vote from entire catalogs which songs you want to hear at each date... kinda cool (noticed that Killswitch Engage is excluded from that voting though)

i voted for 'Fucked with a Knife' for Cannibal Corpse and a shitload of old, old Manson

and 'Jihad' for Slayer

Wheres the beef?
07-06-2009, 11:26 PM

No, seriously. I do!

You're a weirdo. :)

rage patton
07-06-2009, 11:30 PM
Cannibal Corpse is playing??

Really???

Holy Shit this is gunna be awesome

Sigged. Thank you.

And you know you are gonna love Slayer.

sbessiso
07-07-2009, 01:28 AM
I don't know why it's so funny but awesome. My first metal fest, hurray!

obzen
07-07-2009, 06:38 AM
Addicted to Vaginal Skin
Shredded Humans

and my favorite:
From Skin to Liquid

scoop49er
07-07-2009, 01:25 PM
yeah cannibal corpse is pretty heavy shit...

downloaded the new killswitch... not bad at all! :)

nbvwes
07-09-2009, 02:21 PM
seems like a really odd festival to suggest this, but any interest in a Coach board meet-up?

the venue really is the best for meet-ups and metal shows at glen helen are notorious for the marathon tailgating...

also, anyone down with green is encouraged to attend :)

djandrews25
07-09-2009, 02:24 PM
I am going to try to make this event. If i do, ill have plenty of dank to smoke :)

sin213
07-09-2009, 02:30 PM
i am going, but only for Slayer. eff the rest of those bands....actually, might check out cannibal corpse, but that's it.

and i TOTALLY can't believe salah is going....

sin213
07-09-2009, 02:32 PM
anyone seen the set times yet??

Drinkey McDrinkerstein
07-09-2009, 02:34 PM
I'd likew to go to this actually, but doubt I can make it

Would love to hear CC do "Hammer Smashed Face," definitely one of my favorite death metal tunes

ZMBNNFObSM0

I saw them at the whiskey waaaaaaay back in 2000 with Nile, Krisiun, and The Crown. that shit was epic

they sound so much different now, I doubt they play a ton of older stuff anymore

Drinkey McDrinkerstein
07-09-2009, 02:36 PM
i am going, but only for Slayer. eff the rest of those bands....actually, might check out cannibal corpse, but that's it.

and i TOTALLY can't believe salah is going....

Slayer does their own headlining tours in much smaller venues all the time....

anyway, other bands worth checking out are definitely Black Dahlia Muder, All that Remains, Job for a Cowboy, behemoth, and GodForbid.

I have a super soft spot for Trivium, who I've seen several times, but i understand why people don't like them

sin213
07-09-2009, 03:57 PM
not in az. they haven't done a headline there in over 5 years....

always opening for some piece of shit band that totally should be opening for them...

sbessiso
07-09-2009, 03:58 PM
I'm getting a little scared now. The lawn is going to be full of freaks isnt it

sin213
07-09-2009, 03:59 PM
FULL. manson is headlining.

sbessiso
07-09-2009, 04:05 PM
Hmmm, this means I can get away with being absolutely ridiculous!

I'm so excited for Manson, I really wish I could get front row just for him. I want him to spit blood on me

djandrews25
07-09-2009, 04:08 PM
Lol i think you need pit tickets for that salah.

sbessiso
07-09-2009, 04:11 PM
I know, Im not spending all that money. My friends and I will have a great time on the lawn smoking and drinking. I'm definitely sitting down during Slayer

scoop49er
07-09-2009, 04:31 PM
im going tomorrow to the sacramento date.. ill post the times here sat morning or at the fest if i have some time.. the lawn is gonna be a massive mosh pit. weather will be 85 degrees so its gonna be awesome.... so im gonna be rocking out like a fucking king high as fuck drinking many beers! im looking forward to seeing all that remains, trivium,killswitch engage, slayer and manson! gonna be awesome!

scoop49er
07-09-2009, 05:49 PM
for anyone interested, they will not release set times until u get there... so whatever i see ill post so you all have a idea of what it will be! :) take care people...

sin213
07-09-2009, 06:02 PM
thanx scoop!

and you have it all backwards salah! slayer is what it's all about this year! manson is lame. he's all hollywood rock shit now...not even that good anymore. i walked out of a show a few years ago cause it was horrible. now the antichrist tour and prior....that was good shit!

nbvwes
07-09-2009, 11:15 PM
Hot Topic Stage:
Whitechapel 2:15-2:45
The Black Dahlia Murder 3:10-3:40
Behemoth 4:10-4:40
Job For A Cowboy 5:10-5:40
Cannibal Corpse 6:15-6:55

Jager Stage:
'Jager Band' 2:45-3:10
All That Remains 3:40-4:10
God Forbid 4:40-5:10
Trivium 5:40-6:15

Main Stage:
Bullet For My Valentine 6:20-7:00
Killswitch Engage 7:25-8:05
Slayer 8:25-9:25
Marilyn Manson 9:55-11:05

may vary by 5 or 10min city by city... but this is from the message board at the Rockstar Mayhem site.

only overlaps are Cannibal Corpse with Bullet For My Valentine... not a hard choice there... nothing too exciting till around 4pm

i can't wait for 'Jager Band' they're my favorite band of all-time!!! :rolleyes

obzen
07-10-2009, 12:00 AM
I'm definitely sitting down during Slayer

Get on your knees for Slayer--get on your knees and pay.

sbessiso
07-10-2009, 01:52 AM
Kinky!

sin213
07-10-2009, 08:18 AM
Hot Topic Stage:
The Black Dahlia Murder 3:10-3:40
Behemoth 4:10-4:40
Job For A Cowboy 5:10-5:40
Cannibal Corpse 6:15-6:55

Jager Stage:
'Jager Band' 2:45-3:10
All That Remains 3:40-4:10
God Forbid 4:40-5:10
Trivium 5:40-6:15

Main Stage:
Bullet For My Valentine 6:20-7:00
Killswitch Engage 7:25-8:05
Slayer 8:25-9:25
Marilyn Manson 9:55-11:05

may vary by 5 or 10min city by city... but this is from the message board at the Rockstar Mayhem site.

only overlaps are Cannibal Corpse with Bullet For My Valentine... not a hard choice there... nothing too exciting till around 4pm

i can't wait for 'Jager Band' they're my favorite band of all-time!!! :rolleyes

cool, thanx! i dont know if i'll be able to make it in time for cannibal, so i'll probably just show up for slayer and leave.

scoop, if you could still confirm this is accurate at your show, i'd appreciate it!

nbvwes
07-10-2009, 02:50 PM
the 'Jager Band' for the SoCal date is Madlife, whoever that is...

other dates get Hemlock (NM & AZ), Skinlab, Northwest Royale (among others)...

nbvwes
07-10-2009, 03:00 PM
the entire Rockstar Mayhem festival site is down...

...that's a good sign.

sbessiso
07-11-2009, 06:42 AM
So how was this thing??? Did anyone go yet?

sbessiso
07-11-2009, 06:43 AM
omg theres a Hot Topic Stage?? I'm going to need a lot of beer for this

scoop49er
07-11-2009, 09:24 AM
just woke up! festival was kick ass! manson was good but played only a hr. it felt really short.. did not do the normal stage show with props. just a stripped down show but alot of lights and smoke and shit like that.. good set.. slayer was intense! killswitch was awesome... overall a great time:

here were the set times:
Hot Topic Stage:
The Black Dahlia Murder 3:05-335
Job For A Cowboy 405-435
Behemoth 505-535
Cannibal Corpse 6:45-725

Jager Stage:
'Jager Band' 2:45-3:05
God Forbid 335-405
All That Remains 435-505
Trivium 5:35-605

Main Stage:
Bullet For My Valentine 605-645
Killswitch Engage 725-805
Slayer 8:30-930
Marilyn Manson 9:55-10:55

BROKENDOLL
07-11-2009, 10:50 AM
Hmm, we went last year to see our friends, FiveFingerDeathPunch play the Mayhem fest in San Diego. Bonus was Slipknot and Disturbed to close the show...Other than Manson and Slayer, I haven't a clue about the other bands playing this year. Only if suffacated asks, "shall we?" Then I'll say, "Let's." Sorry...

obzen
07-11-2009, 11:43 AM
Bonus was Slipknot and Disturbed

not to put too fine of a point on it-but you really should keep it to a minimal when bringing up the likes these shits

Xenocide
07-11-2009, 04:21 PM
omg theres a Hot Topic Stage?? I'm going to need a lot of beer for this

i think the 2nd stage at every Ozzfest was a Hot Topic stage, it's just a banner & sponsorship... no biggy, we all know that HT's musical tastes went to shit YEARS ago..

sometimes fest sponsorship leads to free sampler cd's though, and that's a good thing!

Xenocide
07-11-2009, 04:22 PM
just woke up! festival was kick ass! manson was good but played only a hr. it felt really short.. did not do the normal stage show with props. just a stripped down show but alot of lights and smoke and shit like that.. good set.. slayer was intense! killswitch was awesome... overall a great time:

did Manson play a lot of old tunes or mostly new stuff?

sbessiso
07-11-2009, 08:48 PM
did Manson play a lot of old tunes or mostly new stuff?

This was my next question. Was it an hour of new material that no one wanted to hear or did he burn through the hits like he should?

sometimes fest sponsorship leads to free sampler cd's though, and that's a good thing!

Nothing I love more than free CDs!!!!

nbvwes
07-11-2009, 10:01 PM
This was my next question. Was it an hour of new material that no one wanted to hear or did he burn through the hits like he should?

yeah.. short set, and all anyone wants to hear is stuff off Antichrist & Portrait...
unless you're Sbessiso then you prob want a lot off Mechanical Animals, am i right? ;)

sin213
07-11-2009, 10:28 PM
yeah.. short set, and all anyone wants to hear is stuff off Antichrist & Portrait...

fuck yes...this is what I want!!!

sbessiso
07-12-2009, 04:20 AM
unless you're Sbessiso then you prob want a lot off Mechanical Animals, am i right? ;)

I'm a terrible fan! All I know are the singles :nono

From SPIN

Manson sashayed onstage wearing a pirate hat and a jacket that read "Hell, etc." He began with "We're From America," which took the day of demonic gore metal, turned it upside down, and shook it into a performance of stripped down bitchy punk rock.

The shock rocker, whose handlers catered to his every onstage whim/ tantrum by picking up whatever he threw, dropped, spit out or broke, did without a large stage show, adopting instead occasional wardrobe changes and a really pissy attitude.

During his renditions of "Disposable Teens," "Little Horn," and "Irresponsible Hate Anthem," the crowd seemed lost, either from an all-day baste in 100 degree heat or because Manson seemed genuinely disinterested in his own performance. At one point, he threw a prop toward guitarist Twiggy Ramirez, who stormed to the back of the stage, sat down, and kept playing, mostly out of tune.

Whether Manson's tantrums were real or not is unclear, but at that point in a festival with bands like Slayer creating drama using their sounds alone, Manson's bi-polarity come off as condescending, superficial, and a little bit too much trouble to care about.

obzen
07-12-2009, 07:08 AM
i never really considered Marilyn Manson a serious player in the underground metal arena,just a spectacle-but it really annoyed me when he was all over the radio in 98--the posers were coming out of the woodworks

BROKENDOLL
07-12-2009, 09:43 AM

Nothing I love more than free CDs!!!!
Didn't you quit heisting the ones they had at Starbucks for fear of getting fired?

sbessiso
07-12-2009, 09:59 AM
Haha! No I didnt! They actually got rid of the music all together lol I wonder why

BROKENDOLL
07-12-2009, 10:11 AM
Haha! No I didnt! They actually got rid of the music all together lol I wonder why
Lack of inventory maybe? *snicker*
For some reason, Salah, when I think of you at a Mayhem Fest, I keep picturing you with your head rested on Mark's shoulder during the Killers. (I couldn't find the pic just now, but I'm sure everybody knows the one I'm referring to...:pulse) I bet the animal comes blazing out of you at a metal concert, huh? *giggles*

BROKENDOLL
07-12-2009, 10:13 AM
BTW...No wings at Mayhem! Please, no wings!( I'd like to see you in one piece at Coachella next year!)

JustSteve
07-12-2009, 12:48 PM
99 degrees out at the show today. no thanks, i'll stay here at the beach.

nbvwes
07-13-2009, 02:39 PM
yeah... it was like Sunday at Coachella hot...
set times do rotate (side stage anyway) show to show, so keep that in mind...

from 4:00pm on, the order of bands was something like this:
All That Remains
Black Dehilia Murder
Trivium
Cannibal Corpse
the first two stages are side-by-side, and there was no overlap between Cannibal Corpse and the first main stage band...

Slayer put on the best performance i've ever seen by them... AMAZING! Greatest hits set, more or less... Jihad and Angel of Death were highlights. Slayer may have played even longer than Manson, and it seemed like they did two encores..

Manson was pretty good, but i didn't see anything resembling a stripped-down show, the only difference between now and when i saw him in '04/05 was no inflatable props (and that's a good thing).. opened with the giant satan's army/american flag banner which was awesome.. that Spin article pretty much sums it up and it doesn't look like he's altering setlists between shows... Manson looked pissed at Twiggy and shot him glances everytime he screamed 'disposable' during Disposable Teens, among other instances.. i only heard two new (or newer) songs i think, but they translated really good live and enjoyed them more than certain of the older staples...

rough setlist:
Amerika
Disposable Teens
Little Horn
Irresponsible Hate Anthem
(some other new song)
Dope Show
Rock Is Dead
Tourniquet
Sweet Dreams
Beautiful People

no encore.
fun show, got drunk & stoned, it was no Ozzfest though, except for the last free Ozzfest we got.

sbessiso
07-13-2009, 02:46 PM
Man, I really wanna hear MOBscene

nbvwes
07-13-2009, 05:00 PM
Man, I really wanna hear MOBscene

i heard it in '05 or whenever (when it was new)... but i don't think he's played anything off that album in years.

djandrews25
07-13-2009, 05:06 PM
damn, i should have gone. : (

Xenocide
07-13-2009, 06:10 PM
it's all good...

u still doing HARD though right?

ED GEIN
12-28-2011, 04:16 PM
http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/397066_303492043022802_100000860261591_831337_2987 41057_n.jpg

suprefan
12-28-2011, 04:18 PM
this?

http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/397066_303492043022802_100000860261591_831337_2987 41057_n.jpg

ED GEIN
12-28-2011, 04:26 PM
this?

That

aaronbk
12-28-2011, 05:05 PM
KoRn???//!!!!! slipknot!!!!

paulb
12-28-2011, 08:02 PM
OMGZ!

suprefan
12-28-2011, 08:14 PM
It's 2001 again!

WhyTheLongFace
12-28-2011, 08:16 PM
I'm glad Manson isn't on this so hopefully I get a solo show finally

Pea
12-28-2011, 09:46 PM
So Whitechapel has become a big band in the "extreme" category, eh? What the fuck has happened to death metal since I stopped listening to it in '07?

nathanfairchild
12-28-2011, 11:00 PM
I wish that they would let Lamb of God headline this thing.

Mugwog
12-29-2011, 05:11 AM
I'm glad Manson isn't on this so hopefully I get a solo show finally

Well lets hope its better than his last solo tour, he gained all this weight and clearly did not give a fuck. I did get to hear "rock and roll Ni**er" though, and I haven't heard that performed live ever.

I do miss his earlier tours, his theatrics were pretty awesome, he's an underrated performer as far as shows go. Sure, his latest works have maybe 1 or 2 songs that really rock, but the rest of the albums are kind of bland rehashes of the past.

superfiction
12-29-2011, 10:24 AM
also that whole coma white/coma black thing he did was sorta cool. otherwise yeah that was not the best show

Neighborhood Creep
12-29-2011, 10:39 AM
I have lost track of his last 2 albums. His first 5-6 are still listenable to this day (Portrait, Smells Like Children, Antichrist, Mechanical Animals and Holywood and I guess Golden Age was ok too)

I wish he would do an acoustic album

heart cooks brain
12-29-2011, 10:41 AM
coma white is a really good song

nathanfairchild
12-29-2011, 10:43 AM
he was good even during the Eat Me, Drink Me tour. when i saw him during that tour he played almost all of antichrist superstar, but when i saw him at the mayhem fest in 09 it was a mess.

Neighborhood Creep
12-29-2011, 10:51 AM
I haven't seen him since '08 and his voice was off and he lacked the energy/drive of what he used to be live. That was 11 years after the first time I seen him so I guess that could be the reason

Mugwog
12-29-2011, 01:40 PM
Maybe Manson will do an acoustic set with Billy Corgan at Coachella.

Then Lil Weezy will cover "Aenima"

CrystalCastlesFreak
12-29-2011, 06:22 PM
I love me some Slipknot & Korn, definitely attending Mayhem again.

nathanfairchild
12-30-2011, 12:20 AM
is it really that hard to find new metal acts to headline this thing? last year disturbed repeated and now slipknot and korn are gonna repeat? give someone else a chance.

suprefan
12-30-2011, 12:23 AM
There is nobody else.

ED GEIN
12-30-2011, 02:30 AM
There is nobody else.

There really isn't too many that can these days.

nathanfairchild
12-30-2011, 02:34 AM
they could at least get a band that isn't nu-metal.

Neighborhood Creep
12-30-2011, 05:28 AM
BUT LAMB OF GOD HAS A NEW CD COMING OUT AND DEVILDRIVER IS ON TOUR

lulz

Mugwog
12-30-2011, 12:52 PM
Well from my list of "metal" bands

Manson - has headlined, but he's getting old, hopefully bows out gracefully
KoRn - see above, but minus gracefully, and in fact just got douchier with "creating dubstep"
Slipknot - Eh. Repeat/Kill/Finally
Metallica - Too cool fo skool
Tool - Too cool fo skool
NIN - Too cool fo skool
Alice in Chains - Dudes dead
Pantera - Dudes dead
Slayer - Excellent choice!
Lamb of God - DERRRRRRP!RAAA!DERRRRP!
Rob Zombie - He prefers movies now
System of a Down - Bro, I prefer my BMW to travels, bro.
Ozzy - Just too old for the young kids
Buckethead - Too awesome for these young kids to understand
Rammstein - * *
Deftones - * *

I'm sure a few things from "The Gathering" could cross over...kittie...blech
The ones in bold I wouldn't touch with a 100ft pole, I'm sure some of my preferences yield the same thought in others..

Bons222000
12-30-2011, 04:11 PM
Well from my list of "metal" bands

Manson - has headlined, but he's getting old, hopefully bows out gracefully
KoRn - see above, but minus gracefully, and in fact just got douchier with "creating dubstep"
Slipknot - Eh. Repeat/Kill/Finally
Metallica - Too cool fo skool
Tool - Too cool fo skool
NIN - Too cool fo skool
Alice in Chains - Dudes dead
Pantera - Dudes dead
Slayer - Excellent choice!
Lamb of God - DERRRRRRP!RAAA!DERRRRP!
Rob Zombie - He prefers movies now
System of a Down - Bro, I prefer my BMW to travels, bro.
Ozzy - Just too old for the young kids
Buckethead - Too awesome for these young kids to understand
Rammstein - * *
Deftones - * *

I'm sure a few things from "The Gathering" could cross over...kittie...blech
The ones in bold I wouldn't touch with a 100ft pole, I'm sure some of my preferences yield the same thought in others..

I agree with most of this, but you may as well bold Rob Zombie. I saw him like 2 years ago and it is in the running for worst performance I've ever seen. Dude can't sing, his band sucks, and his over-the-top pyrotechnics, puppets, and set are just silly after 5 minutes.

Drinkey McDrinkerstein
12-30-2011, 08:18 PM
I would go to the Jagermeister Stage as its own show, that's a nice little line up!

Also, I didn't realize All that Remains and As i Lay Dying had gotten that big. I used to see both of those bands at the Roxy.

nathanfairchild
12-30-2011, 10:05 PM
I feel mastodon is big enough to headline this thing. Last time they played was in 2008 and that was early in the day.

Mugwog
12-31-2011, 04:46 AM
Every time I hear Mastadon I think of guys playing World of Warcraft together with headsets on.

ED GEIN
12-31-2011, 09:04 AM
I feel mastodon is big enough to headline this thing. Last time they played was in 2008 and that was early in the day.

Very doubtful

Neighborhood Creep
12-31-2011, 10:15 AM
That list could use Sepultura, IMO

nyarlathotoats
12-31-2011, 10:27 AM
If anything this lineup needs some gojira, liturgy, mastodon, behemoth, deftones. I doubt those bands would play with this lot, but a metal festival needs to have some good shit!

ED GEIN
01-25-2012, 09:47 AM
The 2012 Lineup Is Revealed - The main stage for this summer's Rockstar Energy Drink Mayhem Festival will feature Slipknot, Slayer and a major special guest which will be announced on March 5th. The fourth slot on the main stage will feature a rotation of The Devil Wears Prada, As I Lay Dying and Asking Alexandria

In 2012 the tour has upgraded the production on the festival stage and this year the Jagermeister Stage will feature a special headline set by Anthrax supported by a rotation of The Devil Wears Prada, A I Lay Dying and Asking Alexandria, along with Whitechapel, High On Fire and the Jagermeister opener. Please note that bands may vary per market.

nathanfairchild
01-25-2012, 10:40 AM
FUCKING SLAYER!!!! I'm sold.

paulb
01-25-2012, 10:51 AM
Slayer+major special guest? Did Slipknot perform with no bass player at their Rock In Rio show last year?

Id be in.

ED GEIN
01-25-2012, 11:08 AM
Rumor is the special guest is Motorhead.

paulb
01-25-2012, 12:10 PM
Motorhead would be awesome.

nyarlathotoats
01-25-2012, 12:19 PM
Rumor is the special guest is Motorhead.
If this turns out to be true, then yeah, that sweetens the pot. The rest of those bands like Asking Whoever blow. Still, i'll probably go now...