unconfirmed:
Boys Noize
Caspa
Rusko
The Proxy
Major Lazer

nbvwes
06-26-2009, 03:50 PM
FYI, monster massive is at the sports arena...

i'll be at HARD in a Michael Jackson halloween costume! :)

Gribbz
06-26-2009, 03:52 PM
That's a good start.

MeowMixer
06-26-2009, 03:54 PM
not really. Destructo doesn't count as an act. Crookers is ev'rywhere. tis the bullshit.

nbvwes
06-26-2009, 03:56 PM
bitch, bitch, bitch...

by everywhere, do you mean 3 shows in the U.S. this year? and Coachella is the only one so far?

for the record, i'd take Destructo over 80% of any Insomniac lineup...
Go HARD!

Gribbz
06-26-2009, 03:56 PM
Haven't heard destructo...

emtgreg
06-26-2009, 04:43 PM
fuck, its at the forum?

fuck...

the lineup will be better than the massive...

but...

120,000 candy ravers vs 15,000 hipster ravers...

hmmm

Gribbz
06-26-2009, 04:47 PM
I'm not familiar with monster or haunted. How do they differ?

emtgreg
06-26-2009, 05:22 PM
I have only been to hard, so I am not the one to speak...

the biggest as far as I can tell is the lineup, hard has great lineups, the massive's don't...

I mean, Crookers Vs Armin Van Beurin.

I think I am answering my own question...but yeah...

nbvwes
06-26-2009, 05:37 PM
fuck, its at the forum?

120,000 candy ravers vs 15,000 hipster ravers...
hmmm

be realistic, it's more like 65,000 vs 12,000 haha

Haven't heard destructo...

great mixes... get free ones on the HARD site
he's doing HARDsummer also...

if halloween is an exact copy of hardsummer, except we get Deadmau5 and Fake Blood instead of Underworld & Chromeo, i'll be a very very happy man!

Ardentbiscuit
06-26-2009, 08:29 PM
I wonder who they have on the line up? I'm looking at the ticket prices...

Hard Summer VIP is $125

Hard Summer advanced prices are $55, $60, $65.

Hard Haunted Mansion VIP is $145

Hard Haunted Mansion advanced prices are $60, $65, $70.

Hmm, does this mean they booked somebody bigger than Underworld or they need money?

sddoctor
06-26-2009, 09:04 PM
I wonder who they have on the line up? I'm looking at the ticket prices...

Hard Summer VIP is $125

Hard Summer advanced prices are $55, $60, $65.

Hard Haunted Mansion VIP is $145

Hard Haunted Mansion advanced prices are $60, $65, $70.

Hmm, does this mean they booked somebody bigger than Underworld or they need money?

Haunted Mansion was a big success for the HARD people. Bigger prices for the prestige of the last year's lineup and the fact that October 31st falls on a Saturday night.

suprefan
06-26-2009, 09:07 PM
EDC is charging more for tomorrow than today, and I think just cause its a Sturday makes it a easier sell to everyone.

CrimesceneCookie
06-26-2009, 09:11 PM
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

gaypalmsprings
06-26-2009, 09:31 PM
this thread has gone SOFT

SLMEJOR
06-26-2009, 11:54 PM
HOT CHIP LIVE SET

SLMEJOR
06-26-2009, 11:58 PM
Digitalism would be good too.

Ardentbiscuit
06-27-2009, 06:40 AM
EDC is charging more for tomorrow than today, and I think just cause its a Sturday makes it a easier sell to everyone.

I thought EDC Saturday was more expensive because there were more stages and acts. And it ends at 4 AM instead of 2 AM.

betao
06-27-2009, 06:43 AM
I'm not familiar with monster or haunted. How do they differ?

haha they only differ in name my friend.

nbvwes
06-27-2009, 12:32 PM
i generally prefer the HARD lineups, but Monster has had a lot of great acts that i haven't gotten to see anywhere else... although the Love Festival (same company), in august, has one of the worst massive lineups i've ever seen... *edit: these are the same people that put on TAO, so yeah, there ya go...

i personally would prefer the sports arena/coliseum to the forum, but eh, what's ya gonna do...

Mordecai
06-27-2009, 12:41 PM
I really hope I can trust gruvr because it means everyones favorite spoiled, annoying, talentless, waste of space, pretend to DJ, LA party rocker will be there. (http://gruvr.com/band/steveaoki/Oct-31-09)

nbvwes
06-27-2009, 12:42 PM
you're not allowed a permit for a rave in L.A. unless Aoki is on the bill...

Principal Onyx Blackman
06-27-2009, 12:46 PM
I wonder if he'll play that awesome "killing in the name of" remix while he screams at the top of his lungs.

And by awesome I mean FUCKING TERRIBLE.

WhyTheLongFace
06-27-2009, 01:00 PM
This will be the 1st HARD event I miss since HARD NYE. I hope the lineup sucks just cause I'm a hater haah

rage patton
06-27-2009, 01:25 PM
Two mini-electronic music festivals on the same day? Seems like a bad idea for both.

nbvwes
06-27-2009, 01:30 PM
you mean like HARD NYE, Together As One, and Giant Maximus?

i think holidays like halloween and new year's are exempt...

i wouldn't call any multi-stage massive at an arena with 10,000+ people a "mini" though, even if they aren't EDC (the largest in the country), they are still massives...

WhyTheLongFace
06-27-2009, 01:35 PM
Monster Massive was on Oct 25th last year

nbvwes
06-27-2009, 01:39 PM
Monster Massive and HARD have two completely different lineups...

HARD doesn't suck.

WhyTheLongFace
06-27-2009, 09:57 PM
I agree I went to HARD. Just correcting you

nbvwes
06-29-2009, 09:04 PM
not really. Destructo doesn't count as an act.

ORLY? here he is opening for Deadmau5 at the Palladium last month...

(which, by the way, is prob the worst stuff i've heard him do->)
wH-v---CMpI

Distorted_Jungle
06-30-2009, 05:51 AM
i generally prefer the HARD lineups, but Monster has had a lot of great acts that i haven't gotten to see anywhere else... although the Love Festival (same company), in august, has one of the worst massive lineups i've ever seen... *edit: these are the same people that put on TAO, so yeah, there ya go...

i personally would prefer the sports arena/coliseum to the forum, but eh, what's ya gonna do...

TAO is a Go Vetnures & Insomniac event not just one of them, they have always been the 2 biggest promotion companys in LA and then on new years eve they come together for one event so stands the name Together as One. Now they do things together more often but this was way back when this all happened. HARD is slowly getting bigger and bigger as a promotion company but i doubt they will ever be as big as Insomniac, maybe Go Ventures but not Insomniac. I think it is dumb for both of them to have it on the same day but i knew it was going to happen when i saw halloween was on a saturday this year. Go Ventures has the rights to the Colliseum and Sports Arena for events like that, which is why HARD will never be at either of those venues or any other event like that for that matter. I was suprised the first year EDC was there but it's because saturday night sessions gets a stage now. I hope hard brings it for halloween though, i think tickets sales will be a little lower on both ends.

Aurgasm
06-30-2009, 01:19 PM
CROOKERS confirmed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LA Forum, Oct 31st

lineup so far:
Deadmau5
Crookers
?
?
Steve Aoki
Destructo
?
?

The Crookers fucking suck. they were better when they were little lanky teenagers playing shit venues in Italy.

this is going to be the same suck unless there they add something fucking amazing a la Underworld, Royksopp, Trentemoller..etc

Boourns
06-30-2009, 01:49 PM
Can't go wrong with Steve Aoki.

:nono

WhyTheLongFace
06-30-2009, 01:51 PM
When was Aoki confirmed? He has been at as many HARDs as Crookers, Boys Noize, Justice. Just cause he's been a lot doesnt mean he'll be at them all

amyzzz
06-30-2009, 01:59 PM
Someone needs to tell me where I will be on Halloween. They gotta announce headliners for these shindigs.

Bud Luster
06-30-2009, 02:02 PM
TAO is a Go Vetnures & Insomniac event not just one of them, they have always been the 2 biggest promotion companys in LA and then on new years eve they come together for one event so stands the name Together as One. Now they do things together more often but this was way back when this all happened. HARD is slowly getting bigger and bigger as a promotion company but i doubt they will ever be as big as Insomniac, maybe Go Ventures but not Insomniac. I think it is dumb for both of them to have it on the same day but i knew it was going to happen when i saw halloween was on a saturday this year. Go Ventures has the rights to the Colliseum and Sports Arena for events like that, which is why HARD will never be at either of those venues or any other event like that for that matter. I was suprised the first year EDC was there but it's because saturday night sessions gets a stage now. I hope hard brings it for halloween though, i think tickets sales will be a little lower on both ends.

Just an fyi. There are quite a few folks that promote and organize w/ Insomniac (Bassrush in particular) that also help out with HARD. There's plenty of overlapping and they are definitely all down with each other and help each other to be successful. The more good, professionally thrown, EDM parties; the better it is for "the scene" and it's outward appearance to the mainstream.

higgybaby23
06-30-2009, 02:06 PM
you're not allowed a permit for a rave in L.A. unless Aoki is on the bill...

When was Aoki confirmed? He has been at as many HARDs as Crookers, Boys Noize, Justice. Just cause he's been a lot doesnt mean he'll be at them all

You can't stop this! -->

http://www.dimmak.com/images/DJ-Steve-Aoki.jpg

WhyTheLongFace
06-30-2009, 02:14 PM
HARD Halloween 08? HARD 13?

Im just asking I dont mind I've seen Aoki 3 times and 2 times it was fun as shit. The 3rd time he played a lot of metal and it was just weird so I quietly walked away

Gribbz
06-30-2009, 02:20 PM
Hopefully he brings his patented inflatable raft. ::crosses fingers::

Aurgasm
06-30-2009, 02:49 PM
Hopefully he brings his patented inflatable raft. ::crosses fingers::

i remember standing in line for water (with you, i believe) watching him play around on his raft and was just thinking, wow, that guy has great cocaine.

Gribbz
06-30-2009, 02:54 PM
Hahaha yes. I remember him screaming to some god awful RATM mix.

Aurgasm
06-30-2009, 03:00 PM
Hahaha yes. I remember him screaming to some god awful RATM mix.

oh lord yes. i remember your face was fucking priceless..

Distorted_Jungle
06-30-2009, 03:19 PM
Just an fyi. There are quite a few folks that promote and organize w/ Insomniac (Bassrush in particular) that also help out with HARD. There's plenty of overlapping and they are definitely all down with each other and help each other to be successful. The more good, professionally thrown, EDM parties; the better it is for "the scene" and it's outward appearance to the mainstream.

I know there are quite a few groups that promote with insomniac but i have never seen them associated with HARD or Nitrous. Bassrush is owned by Pascual or however you spell that guys name, i could be wrong but i know they go hand in hand. I just have never seen anything connecting the 2 groups what so ever, bassrush is the last LA company i would think was associated with HARD mainly because they don't ever have any drum & bass. I would love for HARD, Insomniac, Bassrush and Go Ventures to all come together for an event i just don't think that will ever happen.

nbvwes
06-30-2009, 03:39 PM
I would love for HARD, Insomniac, Bassrush and Go Ventures to all come together for an event i just don't think that will ever happen.

change Go Ventures to Pure Filth and i'm 100% on board...

WhyTheLongFace
06-30-2009, 04:04 PM
Together as One HARD Piece of Pure Bass NYE

BEST RAVE EVAR!

Dr. Lufs-al-ot
06-30-2009, 04:40 PM
Together as One HARD Piece of Pure Bass NYE

BEST RAVE EVAR!

HAHAHAHAHAH
this

minus aoki

------

i think for me, unless HARD really pulls something amazing out of their magic hats, ill probably be attending Monster Massive instead.

Bud Luster
06-30-2009, 04:45 PM
I know there are quite a few groups that promote with insomniac but i have never seen them associated with HARD or Nitrous. Bassrush is owned by Pascual or however you spell that guys name, i could be wrong but i know they go hand in hand. I just have never seen anything connecting the 2 groups what so ever, bassrush is the last LA company i would think was associated with HARD mainly because they don't ever have any drum & bass. I would love for HARD, Insomniac, Bassrush and Go Ventures to all come together for an event i just don't think that will ever happen.

You wouldn't see them "associated" on flyers etc. I personally know people that work heavily on the production side of things for both. I dont mean to say that they promotion companies are related in a business sense.

nbvwes
07-05-2009, 11:05 AM
Boys Noize is heavily, heavily rumored...

Gary Richards himself said in an interview he wants Boys Noize to play, that's good enough for me...

Boourns
07-05-2009, 11:37 AM
Hard Haunted 2009:
Boys Noize (maybe?)
Deadmau5
Crookers
Steve Aoki
Destructo

And you know Crystal Castles will be there. i think they'd explode if they ever had to do a solo gig again or missed a festival. Add a Justice DJ set. So basically it's Hard Haunted 2008 minus a few acts (Soulwax?) and plus a few new ones (Steve Aoki live set).

Dr. Lufs-al-ot
07-05-2009, 12:20 PM
apparently Major Lazor is also going to be there if no one has already announced that on here.

Ardentbiscuit
07-05-2009, 03:29 PM
Hard is like any festival/event, they have their favorites and keep booking them over and over again like Bonnaroo and Widespread Panic.

Boourns
07-05-2009, 03:55 PM
Fuji Rock and Primal Scream.

Coachella and Perry, Busy P, Steve Aoki.

WhyTheLongFace
07-05-2009, 04:00 PM
Hard Haunted 2009:
Boys Noize (maybe?)
Deadmau5
Crookers
Steve Aoki
Destructo

And you know Crystal Castles will be there. i think they'd explode if they ever had to do a solo gig again or missed a festival. Add a Justice DJ set. So basically it's Hard Haunted 2008 minus a few acts (Soulwax?) and plus a few new ones (Steve Aoki live set).

How do you KNOW they're gonna be there. And Justice will be at Voodoo

djandrews25
07-05-2009, 05:32 PM
Monster massive booked sasha and steve lawler. Therefore it is way better than the other lineups. Ive had enough cheesy electro this year to last me a lifetime.

Boourns
07-05-2009, 05:50 PM
How do you KNOW they're gonna be there. And Justice will be at Voodoo

Because:
1) it's a festival
2) it's HARD
3) it's Crystal Castles

Okay, so instead of Justice, we get a webcast of Justice at Voodoo, an 99% of the crowd acts like it is the greatest performance from the greatest act to ever happen to music, except for the 1% that is from the Coachella board. They hate Justice and are watching something else.

nbvwes
07-05-2009, 11:28 PM
my Haunted Mansion wishlist:

Royksopp
Deadmau5
Crookers
Boys Noize
Fake Blood
Chase & Status
Bloody Beetroots
Caspa
Destructo
Skream & Benga
187 Soundsystem
Craig Williams

apparently Major Lazor is also going to be there if no one has already announced that on here.

i will take that happily!

ELECtROjan
07-06-2009, 01:07 AM
bitch, bitch, bitch...

by everywhere, do you mean 3 shows in the U.S. this year? and Coachella is the only one so far?

Go HARD!

I love HARD events (and have been to every one but NYE) but Insomniac does A LOT better job at everything, especially lighting and sound. The lighting and effects are generally pretty bad at HARD so lets hope that changes. The biggest issue with Insomniac is that they have way too much trance and its mostly old man dj trance... EDC tho was a step in the right direction tho so we'll see

As for GoVentures and HARD. Reza is to GoV as Destructo is to HARD. They are both the owners of the company so they organize the events and then put themselves in the lineup so i dont really count either.

Aurgasm
07-06-2009, 01:19 AM
royksopp

ELECtROjan
07-06-2009, 01:20 AM
Wishlist:

FAKE BLOOD (By FAR #1)
The Proxy
Les Petits Pilous
Bloody Beetroots
Digitalism
Crookers
Don Rimini
Motor
Boy 8 Bit
Deadmau5 (confirmed)
Roger Sanchez
The Count (Herve') n Sinden
VIKING

Distorted_Jungle
07-06-2009, 06:18 AM
change Go Ventures to Pure Filth and i'm 100% on board...

I would say leave go ventures in the mix and add pure filth in the mix for a 5 stage event, go ventures saturday night sessions has brought out some amazing house line ups that other promotion companys don't bring out as often.

ELECtROjan
07-06-2009, 11:10 AM
it was posted on Aoki's myspace months ago when he also added Hard Summer to his events.... doesn't look to be there anymore tho so who knows, maybe we got lucky

goldfromla
07-06-2009, 01:37 PM
one thing which is bullshit is that when the Crookers play in LA they play at HARD or Coachella or festivals and shitt. I dont consider that a show. WHy dont they ever play at the Pallidium like deadmau5 or the el rey or some shit. Can they play some place thats not considered a festival or rave in LA fuck

Distorted_Jungle
07-06-2009, 03:55 PM
Damn just read on the HARD site that Haunted Mansion is going from a 4 stage event to a 2 stage event, that's pretty wack if you ask me considering the price difference between this year and last year.

Boourns
07-06-2009, 04:24 PM
More money for fewer stages and therefore fewer acts at the worst venue in town. Fun.

misterpickles
07-06-2009, 04:34 PM
fake blood
major lazer (switch or diplo separately would be very nice too)
wolfgang gartner
skream
caspa
surkin
pretty lights
booka shade
calvin harris

any of these adds would make me a very happy little boy

nbvwes
07-06-2009, 05:06 PM
one thing which is bullshit is that when the Crookers play in LA they play at HARD or Coachella or festivals and shitt. I dont consider that a show. WHy dont they ever play at the Pallidium like deadmau5 or the el rey or some shit. Can they play some place thats not considered a festival or rave in LA fuck

the guy that runs HARD is the co-manager of Crookers... that doesn't surprise me.

they do solo shows, they have a kick-ass one the day after HARD, it's gonna be the best show ever!! they're also doing an after-show in a club after Lolla the day before HARD... 4 shows in 48 hours, give em a break!!

More money for fewer stages and therefore fewer acts at the worst venue in town. Fun.

Fewer conflicts on a better lineup... YAY!

trancehiphop
07-06-2009, 07:25 PM
I just wish that a big name like Proxy, mr. oizo, data, or even fake blood would be awesome for this event.

nbvwes
07-06-2009, 10:51 PM
YES!!!!

Fake Blood
The Proxy
Caspa

THIS is what Haunted Mansion needs!!

Daft Fro
07-06-2009, 11:42 PM
wishlist:

2ManyDJs & Erol Alkan. bring'em back.

Laurent Garnier, Trentemøller, Dr. Lektroluv, Mr. Oizo, DANGER, Alex Gopher

Aurgasm
07-06-2009, 11:47 PM
Trentemøller, Royksopp, Eliot Lipp, Prefuse 73.. fuck maybe even Ghostland.

misterpickles
07-07-2009, 12:15 AM
Trentemøller, Royksopp, Eliot Lipp, Prefuse 73.. fuck maybe even Ghostland.

thats funny i was thinking ghostland too... maybe a little out of hard's league but hey, one can hope

leo01g
07-07-2009, 12:26 AM
I WANT BOOKA SHADE!!! im still kicking myself for missing them at HSII (FUCK THE POLICE!)

ELECtROjan
07-07-2009, 01:23 AM
i heard a rumor a month ago from someone on the inside (and no, unfortunately it's not Gary) about The Proxy at an upcoming HARD event... ill dig deeper and let u know if theres any truth in this

Also i just looked and CASPA will be in Portland two days before....

chairmenmeow47
07-07-2009, 09:12 AM
HARD is slowly getting bigger and bigger as a promotion company but i doubt they will ever be as big as Insomniac, maybe Go Ventures but not Insomniac.

see, i think we're seeing a split in EDM. though i haven't been to a hard fest (feel free to correct me), it seems like it's taken the more "mainstream" route. i think hard is taking the more indie/rock crowd, and also the people who were really into raving back in the day, gave up on it, and now want to come back to a big, fun party. to each their own, but it's just not for me. i have no interest in the whole boys noize, deadalu5 or MSTRKRFT sound. and hard seems to put out a lot of that rock/edm nonsense.

while events like EDC & monster massive still pull out headliner idiots like PVD & felix da housecat, they also have stages with varying genres. i don't see much genre grouping on the hard flyers, how many stages are there generally? even then though, i will concede that a lot of the genre headliners are still pretty "mainstream" for EDM (how many times has andy c & mark farina been booked lately), but they aren't really "mainstream" soundwise like boys noize is.

perhaps i'm wrong (since i haven't been), but count me out of all hard events. while i'm sure there's a great party going on, it just seems like a company trying to mainstream the rave. give me the pure EDM djs & freaks at EDC any day of the week.

have fun and be safe at this everyone :)

summerkid
07-07-2009, 09:17 AM
see, i think we're seeing a split in EDM. though i haven't been to a hard fest (feel free to correct me), it seems like it's taken the more "mainstream" route. i think hard is taking the more indie/rock crowd, and also the people who were really into raving back in the day, gave up on it, and now want to come back to a big, fun party. to each their own, but it's just not for me. i have no interest in the whole boys noize, deadalu5 or MSTRKRFT sound. and hard seems to put out a lot of that rock/edm nonsense.

while events like EDC & monster massive still pull out headliner idiots like PVD & felix da housecat, they also have stages with varying genres. i don't see much genre grouping on the hard flyers, how many stages are there generally? even then though, i will concede that a lot of the genre headliners are still pretty "mainstream" for EDM (how many times has andy c & mark farina been booked lately), but they aren't really "mainstream" soundwise like boys noize is.

perhaps i'm wrong (since i haven't been), but count me out of all hard events. while i'm sure there's a great party going on, it just seems like a company trying to mainstream the rave. give me the pure EDM djs & freaks at EDC any day of the week.

have fun and be safe at this everyone :)

I can at least tolerate the crowd at a Hard event to some degree it seems a lot more people are there for the music instead of just a place to get fucked up on drugs. I still remember going to Nocturnal and watching the Chemical Brothers blow me away with their live show. Seriously one of the best light shows outside of Daft Punk I've ever seen and people all around me are watching some dope twirl glow sticks in their face instead. Its like being surrounded by the walking dead.

chairmenmeow47
07-07-2009, 09:27 AM
I can at least tolerate the crowd at a Hard event to some degree it seems a lot more people are there for the music instead of just a place to get fucked up on drugs. I still remember going to Nocturnal and watching the Chemical Brothers blow me away with their live show. Seriously one of the best light shows outside of Daft Punk I've ever seen and people all around me are watching some dope twirl glow sticks in their face instead. Its like being surrounded by the walking dead.

that's a good point, a lot of the insomniac events have become mainstream in their own sense as a drug haven. but ya know, that's how it was when i started going so i guess i'm ok with it. i've probably looked like the walking dead myself, but i really was enjoying my experience. i never viewed a rave as some place i went to soley for the music. take EDC. i went this year for the venue and one dj. i paid all that money and flew out just for a VENUE and an atmosphere. you could have a blast at EDC without ever knowing who the djs were. to me, a rave is about that type of experience. if i want a concert, i'll pay money to sit in a chair and watch a concert. if i want an experience, i go to a rave.

that may sound horrible, but it's the truth. i have grown to love the music and now tend to choose events based on djs i like, but it didn't start out that way. i started attending raves just to party & have fun.

do you think that hard will ever be a drug haven like the other so cal parties? do you think it just hasn't "caught on" to that crowd yet?

Distorted_Jungle
07-07-2009, 09:55 AM
Ivy i completely agree on the diversity between the style of massives to HARD events but the last hard event i went to was hard 13 and it looked like the same people i see at massives. Hard is also starting to branch out to different genres as well from what i noticed, Hard summer has dubstep, electro, amanda blank is in her own at this event and Underworld is a complete curveball to what a hard event normally has in the line up. They are only 2 stage events now which is kind of wack, but the drug safe haven atmosphere is just as roaring at a hard event as it is at insomniac events. Just because you dress the person in hipster fashion and funny haircuts doesn't mean that when they drop E and wave light in their faces it's any different than the guy doing the same thing in front of PVD. I get what you are saying though that comparing the 2 is a little difficult under certain aspects of the party's, but I am seeing Hard line ups becoming more diverse in acts each event they throw.

summerkid
07-07-2009, 10:02 AM
i'm not saying the drugs aren't at Hard but they sure aren't there as much as an insomniac event where it seems like everybody is on E.

Distorted_Jungle
07-07-2009, 10:06 AM
that's a good point, a lot of the insomniac events have become mainstream in their own sense as a drug haven. but ya know, that's how it was when i started going so i guess i'm ok with it. i've probably looked like the walking dead myself, but i really was enjoying my experience. i never viewed a rave as some place i went to soley for the music. take EDC. i went this year for the venue and one dj. i paid all that money and flew out just for a VENUE and an atmosphere. you could have a blast at EDC without ever knowing who the djs were. to me, a rave is about that type of experience. if i want a concert, i'll pay money to sit in a chair and watch a concert. if i want an experience, i go to a rave.

that may sound horrible, but it's the truth. i have grown to love the music and now tend to choose events based on djs i like, but it didn't start out that way. i started attending raves just to party & have fun.

do you think that hard will ever be a drug haven like the other so cal parties? do you think it just hasn't "caught on" to that crowd yet?

I never went through the "just going to party" phase of my raving because i got into the music before i ever went to a rave. I got my first drum n bass cd in 7th grade, Grooverider & MC Skibadee from back in like '99, and just started going to raves a couple years ago. My first rave ever was nocturnal 05 or 06 and i went sober the entire time riding the high of the heavy basslines being dropped in the jungle room. Insomniac does have WAY WAY WAY better production, decorations, entertainment and atmosphere but for me it's never worth the $ without a good line up with it. That's just me i know like 80% of the crowd maybe even 90% is there for the experience but i personally only go to an event if there are enough dj's or acts i want to see on the bill. I am not saying people shouldn't go to just party and not care about the music, because if no one did that raves would fizzle out and be done but i am just saying that i wish more people had a deeper respect for the music.

Distorted_Jungle
07-07-2009, 10:08 AM
i'm not saying the drugs aren't at Hard but they sure aren't there as much as an insomniac event where it seems like everybody is on E.

when you are looking at a crowd of 15,000 people compared to a crowd of 45,000-100,000 people, so to me it just seems that way but it really is just as bad.

summerkid
07-07-2009, 10:18 AM
there was only one person near me that was clearly fucked out of their mind at hard halloween where at Nocturnal i was surrounded.

Distorted_Jungle
07-07-2009, 10:21 AM
haha that's a trip because i was standing next to a gang of people at Hard Haunted mansion last year in line on the way to get in that were already completely fucked up and i was there when the gates opened. I will admit at Hard 13 the drug aspect was WAY more present than at halloween, they had a stage outside with garbage music and there were so many people sitting giving eachother light shows and back rubs just giant e pools.

chairmenmeow47
07-07-2009, 10:39 AM
thanks for the insight & glad to hear they are diversifying. i think they are doing well for having only seen a few events by them and i think they are going to get bigger. i just wonder if we'll see two different types of events or if they will be similar in nature. cause as of now, the insomniac & hard events seem different.

Aurgasm
07-07-2009, 10:40 AM
I want more festivals like this (http://www.coachella.com/forum/showthread.php?t=32681) in the states

djandrews25
07-07-2009, 10:54 AM
haha that's a trip because i was standing next to a gang of people at Hard Haunted mansion last year in line on the way to get in that were already completely fucked up and i was there when the gates opened. I will admit at Hard 13 the drug aspect was WAY more present than at halloween, they had a stage outside with garbage music and there were so many people sitting giving eachother light shows and back rubs just giant e pools.

I doubt monster massive will be much different, you just gotta be out in the thick of the dance floor for a great experience.

Distorted_Jungle
07-07-2009, 10:55 AM
I want more festivals like this (http://www.coachella.com/forum/showthread.php?t=32681) in the states

Yeah that would be pretty sick to have in the states, but i think the closest you will get to a line up like that is Ultra Music Festival. I would kill for someone to throw an insane line up like that in so cal, the only people i see having the capabilitys of throwing a party like that in the LA rave scene are insomniac.

Distorted_Jungle
07-07-2009, 10:57 AM
I doubt monster massive will be much different, you just gotta be out in the thick of the dance floor for a great experience.

it will be worse than HARD without a doubt, i was just saying i wish it was more people who actually loved the music than the drugs. I am never expecting it to be like that at massives but i just think it would be nice.

Young blood
07-07-2009, 11:01 AM
MOAR TRANCE!

leo01g
07-07-2009, 11:03 AM
EDC> Ultra
Ultra has way shorter sets and the vibe just doesnt compare to EDC.

chairmenmeow47
07-07-2009, 11:04 AM
though the drink prices are getting comprable, christ. we paid $7 for one of those smart waters at one point and i hear beer was $10.

leo01g
07-07-2009, 11:11 AM
at Ultra? smartwater was like 4 dollars i think. They didnt have a beer selection from what I remember it was only Heineken

Distorted_Jungle
07-07-2009, 11:12 AM
EDC> Ultra
Ultra has way shorter sets and the vibe just doesnt compare to EDC.

See i think Ultra>EDC, sure you don't get as long of sets but you get a better line up, older crowd, smoother entrance, i like the atmosphere better. The only thing EDC has that is better is the production, decorations and art in my opinion. I like the venue better for ultra more spread out and open like coachella.

chairmenmeow47
07-07-2009, 11:14 AM
at Ultra? smartwater was like 4 dollars i think. They didnt have a beer selection from what I remember it was only Heineken

perhaps i'm thinking of the "after hours" stuff, but i've always heard that drinks cost you a grip of money at ultra. but again, that might be all the after hours club stuff and not the festival itself. i tend to only hear about the after hours stuff, because generally the arizona people that go out to ultra are booked at the after hours type events and not the actual festival itself.

Distorted_Jungle
07-07-2009, 11:15 AM

Another thing that is better, there was only miller lite and one heineken booth at EDC and the heineken booth kept running out real quick and needed to change the keg every 20 minutes.

WhyTheLongFace
07-07-2009, 12:29 PM
I think Mixhell will he at HARD Halloween from stalking Destructo's twitter

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/X3BFgKB1MjM&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/X3BFgKB1MjM&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

ELECtROjan
07-07-2009, 12:31 PM
Ha Creamfields is the #1 EDM Festival on the planet. Think of Coachella but in buttfuck England and instead of Paul McCartney you have Tiesto. Its pretty much the combination of Insomniac, GoVentures and HARD's yearly lineups, over two days.... The reason Europe runs EDM is bc its local, so its cheaper, and because the artists love and are honored to be playing at the famous festivals. Trying finding a promoter to pay half of those guys to fly 10 hours to Los Angeles while still paying the a fourth tier performer like Boys Noize $30k (?)

Our best bet would be if Insomniac trashed its March event HowSweet and replaced it with another event in the Colliseum right after WMC...

ELECtROjan
07-07-2009, 12:34 PM

Heineken, Yager Bombs, and HGH....

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/4JMOh-cul6M&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/4JMOh-cul6M&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Having been to the last two Ultras and EDC's I gotta say that EDC wins by a mile. Miami during March is awful, the people there are terrible and mostly Guidos, and the production severely lacks behind that of EDC. Yea, the artists are a lot better but its hard to enjoy the music when the environment around you is miserable

misterpickles
07-07-2009, 01:33 PM
I never went through the "just going to party" phase of my raving because i got into the music before i ever went to a rave. I got my first drum n bass cd in 7th grade, Grooverider & MC Skibadee from back in like '99, and just started going to raves a couple years ago. My first rave ever was nocturnal 05 or 06 and i went sober the entire time riding the high of the heavy basslines being dropped in the jungle room. Insomniac does have WAY WAY WAY better production, decorations, entertainment and atmosphere but for me it's never worth the $ without a good line up with it. That's just me i know like 80% of the crowd maybe even 90% is there for the experience but i personally only go to an event if there are enough dj's or acts i want to see on the bill. I am not saying people shouldn't go to just party and not care about the music, because if no one did that raves would fizzle out and be done but i am just saying that i wish more people had a deeper respect for the music.

word! i think the reason i even come to these boards is to hear out and speak with people who have a profound understanding/appreciation for music and all the fantastic things it does in our lives. i think the summed wealth of knowledge that you guys bring in to our lil internet roundtable is pretty impressive.

THAT being said, i don't think any of us would be here discussing this stuff if we didn't realize how awesome our 'experiences' at music festivals are. and let's be honest, a grip of us love to enhance the awesomeness of our experience with all sorts of crazy drugs (you only live once right?). but this clearly isn't the Coachella Valley Drugs & Drugs Festival Message Board... the MUSIC and the ART come first! i mean to each his own, but i think the 'activity' should always come before the 'activity-enhancing substance'.. and once you can get that principle down.. rave on!

i don't know.. just my 2 cents.. what i do know is that i would rather dance my pants off and watch a dj do magic with his all his equipment than be on the floor like these strapping young gentlemen

http://ravers.whaddupnow.com/gallery/temp/Elfs_Playground_2_-_The%20_Remix/Burlesque/slides/2009-05-31%20Elf%27s%20Playground%202%20-%20The%20%20Remix%20JBB%20037%20copy.jpg

WhyTheLongFace
07-07-2009, 01:39 PM
word! i think the reason i even come to these boards is to hear out and speak with people who have a profound understanding/appreciation for music and all the fantastic things it does in our lives. i think the summed wealth of knowledge that you guys bring in to our lil internet roundtable is pretty impressive.

THAT being said, i don't think any of us would be here discussing this stuff if we didn't realize how awesome our 'experiences' at music festivals are. and let's be honest, a grip of us love to enhance the awesomeness of our experience with all sorts of crazy drugs (you only live once right?). but this clearly isn't the Coachella Valley Drugs & Drugs Festival Message Board... the MUSIC and the ART come first! i mean to each his own, but i think the 'activity' should always come before the 'activity-enhancing substance'.. and once you can get that principle down.. rave on!

i don't know.. just my 2 cents.. what i do know is that i would rather dance my pants off and watch a dj do magic with his all his equipment than be on the floor like these strapping young gentlemen

http://ravers.whaddupnow.com/gallery/temp/Elfs_Playground_2_-_The%20_Remix/Burlesque/slides/2009-05-31%20Elf%27s%20Playground%202%20-%20The%20%20Remix%20JBB%20037%20copy.jpg

QFT
QFE
&
QFDAMNFUCKINRIGHT

trancehiphop
07-07-2009, 01:50 PM
Having been to the last two Ultras and EDC's I gotta say that EDC wins by a mile. Miami during March is awful, the people there are terrible and mostly Guidos, and the production severely lacks behind that of EDC. Yea, the artists are a lot better but its hard to enjoy the music when the environment around you is miserable

Great video, but unfortunately way off. I found a lot of "cool" people when I was at UMF. Miami was amazing when I went this past year. The only time the weather started getting bad was when we left miami. I didn't go to edc this year. But from what I remember last year, I waited 3hrs to get in, then went on to find out that Boys Noize had cancelled on me last minute. I was completely devastated. Since Boys Noize was the MAIN reason I went last year. The environment around me at UMF was awesome, but you are some what right about the "guidos". I think every festival has it's pros/cons and trade off's. It's either guidos or kids sitting down in huge circles 20 feet from the dj's, pick your poison. Cause I didn't see ANY of such groups when I was at UMF. The only people remotely close to the "EDC kids" were the ones resting their legs from dancing, sitting down on the grass. The whole guido thing has a lot to do with almost everyone with money flocking down to Miami from the north east side. I thought the environment at Miami was amazing, you're right by the ocean with 70,000+ people cheering on the likes of David Guetta. As for the "atmosphere", I could gauge that well, considering I was at one stage on saturday when I was at UMF. There are a lot less people at UMF than at EDC, or maybe it just seemed that way, since UMF had their shit together. How was the wait to get into EDC this year? I think if I were to ever go back to EDC, I would have to get VIP so I wouldn't have to wait 3-4hrs to get into the venue.

Distorted_Jungle
07-07-2009, 01:54 PM

Yeah i enhance my experience a lot of the time now, still do a sober party mixed in every couple events, but i still do enhance the experience on plenty occasions. I am on here a lot since i found it for the same reasons as well, everyone on here seems to have a decent amount of knowledge about what they are talking about and are able to have solid debates and conversations about quality music which you don't find too often. All said and done you will always have to deal with some guys head to toe in beads and stupid glasses laying on the dancefloor with micky mouse gloves on and lights, but hey without them there would be no EDC.

Westy
07-07-2009, 01:56 PM
I think Mixhell will he at HARD Halloween from stalking Destructo's twitter

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/X3BFgKB1MjM&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/X3BFgKB1MjM&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Excellent. I've been waiting ages for Mixhell to come back to LA.

misterpickles
07-07-2009, 02:46 PM
How was the wait to get into EDC this year? I think if I were to ever go back to EDC, I would have to get VIP so I wouldn't have to wait 3-4hrs to get into the venue.

ouch! my friends went last year and experienced similar misfortunes.. hah i heard there was actually a good amount of lightshows going around in the line to get in. i think insomniac pulled it together in terms of the line this year, myself getting there kinda late (around 7) and only waiting about 10 minutes.. i think i read somewhere that they increased the amount of entrances or security checks or something of the sort

chairmenmeow47
07-07-2009, 02:51 PM
i just think it's hysterical that people give light shows in the stands at EDC. in 2007 i couldn't stop laughing at a guy who asked if i wanted a light show. i laughed out "dude, the light show is down there" & pointed at the stage, but he didn't get me.

trancehiphop
07-07-2009, 03:06 PM
ouch! my friends went last year and experienced similar misfortunes.. hah i heard there was actually a good amount of lightshows going around in the line to get in. i think insomniac pulled it together in terms of the line this year, myself getting there kinda late (around 7) and only waiting about 10 minutes.. i think i read somewhere that they increased the amount of entrances or security checks or something of the sort

Yeah, tell me about it... Especially when I was in charge or organizing the group of people together for their first rave... It's safe to say that none of them want to go anywhere NEAR a rave anytime in the near future. It sucks, because I know that these festival things can be amazing, it just sucked that they had to be a part of that one. And sadly, most people aren't willing to give "things like this" a second chance. And, to be honest, I don't really blame them. If I was giving something a chance, and was just shot in the foot with the whole experience, I doubt I would give it another try. I honestly think, that the producers of EDC truely had to go above and beyond this time around. Since last years event left such a terrible taste in many peoples mouths. I think that is one of the main factors why they made this years lineup great, let alone, a 2 day event. I honestly can't see myself going to another EDC. Whereas HHM or any Hard event for that matter has always been great. Sure, their first event back when they had justice in downtown with peaches wasn't the most organized, but at least people weren't waiting outside for 4hrs to get in. That in itself is just fucking pathetic. There's no way someone could possibly defend what went down at EDC last year. The thought of it alone, infuriates me. I must talk about something else, how about them dodgers! lol

nbvwes
07-07-2009, 03:53 PM
i love how the EDC thread is all about HARD summer and the HARD mansion thread is all about EDC... haha :)

ELECtROjan
07-07-2009, 04:01 PM
This year Insomniac opened up another entrance so we actually walked in without waiting both nights around 6pm. I know some people had to wait on Saturday cuz our friends went to willcall, got their tickets, saw the line and walked all the way back to the North entrance to came in with us. I also had some friends that went VIP this year and although they said it was fun, it wasn't worth the price of $200.

I agree that Miami is an amazing city, I just prefer to go to an event from in LA from 2pm - 4am in June than in Miami from 12pm - 12am in March. I think one of the best things about EDC is the fact that its the perfect temperature to cool down while walking between stages or just sitting in the stands, whereas at UMF its always hot until the last two hours. Anyway, i guess we can respectively agree to dissagree..

I prefer girls in furry boots > hair gel and gold necklaces

ELECtROjan
07-07-2009, 04:02 PM
i love how the EDC thread is all about HARD summer and the HARD mansion thread is all about EDC... haha :)

thats cuz there is nothing to talk about HARD yet...

trancehiphop
07-07-2009, 05:31 PM

ROFLMAO! I noticed this once I clicked on the post button. I was like, WHAT THE FUCK AM I DOING?!?!?!, lol!

I agree that Miami is an amazing city, I just prefer to go to an event from in LA from 2pm - 4am in June than in Miami from 12pm - 12am in March. I think one of the best things about EDC is the fact that its the perfect temperature to cool down while walking between stages or just sitting in the stands, whereas at UMF its always hot until the last two hours. Anyway, i guess we can respectively agree to dissagree..

I totally agree man. This is one of the main reasons why I live in SOCAL. If anything bothered me about UMF, it was what you just mentioned. I didn't like the whole, ending at midnight deal. I am more of a night owl. The thing is, that I tend not to pace myself when at events like this. So more often than not, festivals ending at midnight turn out to work best for me. If I do push it past my limits, like I did at bonnaroo, I tend to get sick when I get back from my trip. Which always sucks cause then you end up using sick time after your vacation time. NOT COOL. You're right about the whole sitting in the stands deal. I thought that was one of the coolest things that set the massives in socal apart from the rest, especially the PERFECT weather that EDC always finds itself in.

Egull
07-07-2009, 05:48 PM
i'll be the one in the Michael Jackson halloween costume! :)

You and everyone else who isn't already dressing up as a robot from Daft Punk.

ALSO

This:

bitch, bitch, bitch...

Go HARD!

Is not true, they played more then 3 U.S. shows this year already.

Distorted_Jungle
07-07-2009, 05:48 PM
ROFLMAO! I noticed this once I clicked on the post button. I was like, WHAT THE FUCK AM I DOING?!?!?!, lol!

I totally agree man. This is one of the main reasons why I live in SOCAL. If anything bothered me about UMF, it was what you just mentioned. I didn't like the whole, ending at midnight deal. I am more of a night owl. The thing is, that I tend not to pace myself when at events like this. So more often than not, festivals ending at midnight turn out to work best for me. If I do push it past my limits, like I did at bonnaroo, I tend to get sick when I get back from my trip. Which always sucks cause then you end up using sick time after your vacation time. NOT COOL. You're right about the whole sitting in the stands deal. I thought that was one of the coolest things that set the massives in socal apart from the rest, especially the PERFECT weather that EDC always finds itself in.

see i can dig what you guys are saying, UMF ending at 12:00 does suck major balls, but you especially being a night owl should know that in miami that weekend shit doesnt really ever end. You can go out till 10:00 AM and go back to Ultra 2 hours later and just party all weekend. I know that's not what i do because i enjoy some sleep but i know it can be done, atleast one night of the 2 you can find a SICK after party to go to and see some even more amazing Djs that for some reason didn't make the ultra line up. Either way i love both places each for their very own reason, i do think LA takes it on vibe, weather and atmosphere but UMF takes it out on line up but i have a feeling EDC will just get better and better every year and soon be equally as good of a line up.

Edit: and i know they are all guedos and stuff in miami but in all honesty i feel they have a deeper respect for the music, or at least house music maybe not jungle and trance but the entire city of Miami loves house music with a passion.

trancehiphop
07-07-2009, 06:08 PM
I really thought that Aoki put on a better show than Busy P. His set was probably the worst set my poor ears have ever been a part of.

misterpickles
07-07-2009, 06:42 PM
I really thought that Aoki put on a better show than Busy P. His set was probably the worst set my poor ears have ever been a part of.

if you're talking about their sets at coachella i must respectfully disagree.. i'm still recovering from stevie's little rendition of 'killing in the name of'

ELECtROjan
07-07-2009, 07:00 PM
going back to the topic

If Aoki makes an appearance and screams during the Bloody Beetroots at HARD Summer, I will fucking kill him with the same knife i use to pop his boat.... Opening a spot for someone else at HHM

Triple.Word.Score

nbvwes
07-07-2009, 07:50 PM
thats cuz there is nothing to talk about HARD yet...

you must not have seen the lineup...

ELECtROjan
07-07-2009, 08:08 PM
do u have a confirmed list that can go beyond Crookers, Deadmau5, and Destructo? As far as im concerned if they've been to HARD events before, they dont really count

unless its Soulwax...cause they were fucking epic

leo01g
07-07-2009, 10:31 PM

Did you ever go in the tents? I remember coming out of Swedish House Mafias set completely covered in sweat. Those tents were brutal but geez they had the best djs in them

trancehiphop
07-07-2009, 10:38 PM
if you're talking about their sets at coachella i must respectfully disagree.. i'm still recovering from stevie's little rendition of 'killing in the name of'

Oh you are spot on, but nothing was more annoying to me than busy p just pressing play and walking away during his set...I would laugh forever if Lil Jon came back this time and did a duet with Steve Aoki. I think that would be every hipsters wet dream come true.

do u have a confirmed list that can go beyond Crookers, Deadmau5, and Destructo? As far as im concerned if they've been to HARD events before, they dont really count

unless its Soulwax...cause they were fucking epic

pretty much, we need some proxy, mr.oizo, data, feadz, FUCK, just as long as it's someone new PLEASE!

I'm frankly getting tired of the same old crookers, deadmau5, dj a-trak, crystal castles at EVERY CONCERT. It would be cool if the bloody beetroots would come through L.A. one more time. Since I have missed the majority of their shows here and will more than likely miss their summer Hard show.

misterpickles
07-08-2009, 12:57 AM
Oh you are spot on, but nothing was more annoying to me than busy p just pressing play and walking away during his set...

yeah i feel ya on that one.. those darn lazy frenchies

http://www.ocf.berkeley.edu/~sliny/i_am_le_tired.jpg

Distorted_Jungle
07-08-2009, 06:44 PM
BRING EM OUT HARD!!!! thanks for introducing this to me RagePatton

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/qTYwyeYu4Ac&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/qTYwyeYu4Ac&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

ELECtROjan
07-08-2009, 07:13 PM
BRING EM OUT HARD!!!! thanks for introducing this to me RagePatton

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/qTYwyeYu4Ac&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/qTYwyeYu4Ac&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

AGREE.... but i doubt u could get them without adding Justice also

>for those that don't know Justice produced BNN's big hit The Parachute Ending and the two groups are really close

MissMistyMountians
07-09-2009, 08:01 AM
i want some cheese

ELECtROjan
07-09-2009, 09:59 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/P4wQKIRwYWo&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/P4wQKIRwYWo&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Kinda old but fucking awesome...

Dr. Lufs-al-ot
07-09-2009, 11:47 PM
^ that's tits man

i want some cheese

wanna cheese man?
http://www.techmall.com/v/vspfiles/assets/images/cat.jpg

trancehiphop
07-10-2009, 01:19 AM
^ Please save them for Hard Haunted!

send me ctrpllrs
07-10-2009, 01:29 AM
I started listening to Birdy Nam Nam. I would prefer them at Coachella, but really I just want somebody to bring them over here.

I just bought my ticket to HARD. Oh, excited. My last rave was HARD Haunted Mansion. So far we have 3 first time ravers going.

ELECtROjan
07-10-2009, 08:23 PM
At first i blew them off bc i associated them with Justice and another Ed Banger act....big mistake. Turns out these guys came to fame similar to A-Trak and won the DMC Technics 2002 World TEAM Championship and have been killing it ever since. Go get them HARD

misterpickles
07-13-2009, 11:39 AM
[CENTER][FONT="Arial Black"]hard haunted mansion is gonna suck balls yeah the second stage is gonna be tiny ass little room under the stage did anyone go to almost better than sex two years ago, you should know that the forum sucks as a festival venue shit im going to monster massive i know monster
massive the best party of the year any who hasnt gone GO!!!!

im a little skeptical about the stage set up too, but i shall wait for reviews on the summerfest (which i believe has a similar set up).. either way it's wayy too early to call without knowing the full line-ups of each

nbvwes
07-13-2009, 02:47 PM
hard haunted mansion is gonna suck balls yeah the second stage is gonna be tiny ass little room under the stage did anyone go to almost better than sex two years ago, you should know that the forum sucks as a festival venue shit im going to monster massive i know monster
massive the best party of the year any who hasnt gone GO!!!!\
its fucken amazing

i'd rather eat melted ice cream than frozen shit.

emtgreg
07-13-2009, 08:53 PM
i'd rather eat melted ice cream than frozen shit.

This.

kitt kat
07-13-2009, 10:36 PM
man, why'd they have to more it to inglewood like summer hard?!?!

hard halloween is my favorite :( i'll miss walking home. looks like i won't be going.

ELECtROjan
07-14-2009, 07:03 AM
they moved bc the Shrine is a horrible business partner and they can see 3000 more tickets....with 2 fewer stages

Distorted_Jungle
07-14-2009, 08:06 AM
they moved bc the Shrine is a horrible business partner and they can see 3000 more tickets....with 2 fewer stages

2 fewer stages resulting in less acts, les acts reulting in higher ticket price? hmmm interesting. I honestly think them and Monster Massive throwing events on the same day is gonna be bad business for both companys. It all depends on line ups though, so far both line ups are looking weak but HARD only has 2 actual acts confirmed so there is much more to come.

HEADSTRUCK
07-14-2009, 02:18 PM
hard haunted mansion is gonna suck balls yeah the second stage is gonna be tiny ass little room under the stage did anyone go to almost better than sex two years ago, you should know that the forum sucks as a festival venue shit im going to monster massive i know monster
massive the best party of the year any who hasnt gone GO!!!!\

its fucken amazing

monster massive has the same shitty line up every year, I guess hard is starting to do the same thing though. You think with all the talent out there LA would mix it up a bit more. I guess most ravers in socal dont care about the line up much as long as the lights are pretty and its huge. I wish this hard would be kept where it was last year, perfect size for a crowd.

djandrews25
07-14-2009, 03:58 PM
monster massive had sasha last year too?

HEADSTRUCK
07-14-2009, 04:06 PM
no but go back and look at every years flyer andrew and you will get what I am saying

righteousdnk
07-14-2009, 10:45 PM
Birdy Nam Nam is so dope. I can't get enough of Manual for Successful Rioting

Dr. Lufs-al-ot
07-14-2009, 11:02 PM
monster massive has the same shitty line up every year, I guess hard is starting to do the same thing though. You think with all the talent out there LA would mix it up a bit more. I guess most ravers in socal dont care about the line up much as long as the lights are pretty and its huge. I wish this hard would be kept where it was last year, perfect size for a crowd.

the shrine?!
you smokin rocks boy?!

with the amount of people that are going to come, i think they shouldnt use EITHER venue (shrine or forum), they should do it outdoors or find just a better venue in general.

both suck for the crowds and stages.
if it were a smaller crowd id agree that the shrine would be fine, but its not for the crowds that now go to HARD.

Distorted_Jungle
07-15-2009, 05:40 AM
The shrine was a great venue for HARD 13and Haunted Mansion in my opinion. if it's too crowded that means the promotion company didn't do their job ofetting an appropriate capacity and sticking to it. Most promotion company over sell every event they throw if they can and thus creating a jam packed festival, so i suggest the shrine.

HEADSTRUCK
07-15-2009, 05:44 AM
the shrine?!
you smokin rocks boy?!

with the amount of people that are going to come, i think they shouldnt use EITHER venue (shrine or forum), they should do it outdoors or find just a better venue in general.

both suck for the crowds and stages.
if it were a smaller crowd id agree that the shrine would be fine, but its not for the crowds that now go to HARD.

that would be the point of keeping it at the shrine, to keep the crowd smaller. Its not for the crowd that goes to hard? were you at the last hard? 4k or less....... They should keep it there and only let in 10-15k like last year. Last year the lines were good, the outdoor stages where great and I only had to deal with 10-15k douchbags that had no clue who they were listening to instead of 80k like the other party.

Dr. Lufs-al-ot
07-15-2009, 04:26 PM
ehhh i think they should just find a better venue. Who cares about crowd sizes? Did i got to HARD 13? Nope, i did not. HARD Haunted last year was great but you need to know that the crowd is going to be getting bigger. Just gotta deal with it. As for lines thats just a matter of the venue and how many entrances there are. Both can be solved by putting the event a better location (not the shrine or forum IMO)

amyzzz
07-15-2009, 04:33 PM
Is anyone decent at this thing?

ELECtROjan
07-15-2009, 04:56 PM

Posted this on the MM thread but figured its relevant here too:
Tomb of Doom
08 PVD - 09 AVB
08 Judge Jules - 09 Sasha
08 Markus Schultz - 09 Cattaneo

House of Horror:
08: Pete Tong - 09 Pete Tong
08: Felix Da Housecat - 09 Felix Da Housecat
08 Antoine Clamaran - 09 James Zabiela
08 Reza - 09 Reza

Phantom Chamber:
08 Lawler - 09 Lawler
08 Lavelle - 09 Tiefschwarz
08 Angello - 09 MANDY
08 Ingrosso - 09 MURK

WhyTheLongFace
07-20-2009, 01:07 AM
I'm so jealous of you guys

BURAKA SOM SISTEMA added

Distorted_Jungle
07-20-2009, 05:43 AM
I'm so jealous of you guys

BURAKA SOM SISTEMA added

I figured this was happening, they posted a bulletin on myspace a long time ago asking who the fans wanted to see and it said "I say Buraka Som Sistema!!!" on it so i figured that was going to be on the line up.

misterpickles
07-20-2009, 12:34 PM
does this make major lazer any less 'unconfirmed'??

http://www.last.fm/event/1046851

please say it does :)

also yay! for buraka

WhyTheLongFace
07-20-2009, 02:03 PM
I asked Destructo on Twitter about that before the Crookers were announced. I said "Last Fm has Crookers and Major Lazer confirmed. Any truth?" and he replied "You know what they say about rumors right?" And then I made a joke about Timex Social Club and a week later Crookers were announced so who knows.

djandrews25
07-20-2009, 03:24 PM
Damn, i really wanted them to not book any acts i wanted to see so the decision to miss hard would be easier.

dubvulture
07-20-2009, 04:05 PM
Justice

http://www.french-music.org/concerts.php?artistname=artist+name&pays=7&style=0&city=city

zimmy1222
07-20-2009, 04:26 PM
Justice

http://www.french-music.org/concerts.php?artistname=artist+name&pays=7&style=0&city=city

nice...now that thats confirmed...birdy nam nam needs to get on the bill!!

Boourns
07-20-2009, 04:32 PM
Live or dj set?

misterpickles
07-20-2009, 04:40 PM
Justice

i'm kinda hoping that's untrue.. nothing against justice or anything but they'd probably be taking one of the top spots in the line-up which i think could be much better suited for an act like...gee i dunno... DAFT PUNK??

na i'm dreaming, but still if hard is starting to book acts like underworld then i'm hoping they can step it up a little bit more than justice.. then again if justice conflicted with the mau5 i wouldn't be upset

Aurgasm
07-20-2009, 04:44 PM
Live or dj set?

I'm assuming it'll be a DJ set. They'll be doing the same @ voodoo fest in New Orleans the day before.

Boourns
07-20-2009, 04:45 PM
Lame.

Aurgasm
07-20-2009, 04:48 PM
Lame.

Justice sucks anyway. Sorry to all you fans. I'm really hoping for something new this time around. Royksopp maybe? Trentemoller?

zimmy1222
07-20-2009, 04:51 PM
Live or dj set?

New Material Set... that's all I hope for.

WhyTheLongFace
07-20-2009, 04:53 PM
Damn I look dumb. But at least I know what day they perform at Voodoo now

Boourns
07-20-2009, 04:59 PM
Justic sucks anyway. Sorry to all you fans. I'm really hoping for something new this time around. Royksopp maybe? Trentemoller?

Oh yeah, that would be nice, but these acts hate America and won't play here.

shakermaker113
07-20-2009, 04:59 PM
Justice again? fuck.

Aurgasm
07-20-2009, 05:42 PM
Oh yeah, that would be nice, but these acts hate America and won't play here.

hate america?

i know Trentemoller hates just about everything... but Royksopp? I mean their european tour ends in September...

guest-1185
07-20-2009, 09:33 PM
Justice sucks anyway. Sorry to all you fans. I'm really hoping for something new this time around. Royksopp maybe? Trentemoller?

Justice? :rolleyes Trentemoller and/or Royksopp would be amazing but they seems too far away from HARD's electro M.O.

Ardentbiscuit
07-21-2009, 06:07 AM
So this is what we have so far for HHM?

Buraka Som Sistema
Crookers
Deadmau5
Destructo
Justice
Major Lazer
Steve Aoki

I'm pretty ambivalent to this line up. I don't hate it but I could miss it with no problems.

luckyface
07-21-2009, 07:53 AM
So this is what we have so far for HHM?

Buraka Som Sistema
Crookers
Deadmau5
Destructo
Justice
Major Lazer
Steve Aoki

I'm pretty ambivalent to this line up. I don't hate it but I could miss it with no problems.

But it's at the Forum, so it has that going for it.

Distorted_Jungle
07-21-2009, 07:58 AM
The Forum is the worst venue i have ever attended a party at, so it so far is nothing special besides Buraka Som Sistema. They will need to release a way better line up for me to go, so far looks like i will be attending a club event or friends party this year for halloween.

goldfromla
07-21-2009, 09:38 AM
theres only 2 stages this year does that mean less artists or shorter sets or a longer show

Distorted_Jungle
07-21-2009, 11:14 AM
Less artist most likely

leo01g
07-21-2009, 11:23 AM
justice again? Its looking like the same lineup except for the awesomeness of smd and soulwax

goldfromla
07-22-2009, 11:44 AM
I'm assuming it'll be a DJ set. They'll be doing the same @ voodoo fest in New Orleans the day before.

if they were live i would fersure see them like i would not miss them. But since they will probably be a DJ set i will be happy to miss them

djandrews25
07-22-2009, 11:46 AM
BSS is the only reason ill be sad to miss this show so far.

goldfromla
07-22-2009, 11:46 AM
justice again? Its looking like the same lineup except for the awesomeness of smd and soulwax

i agree. i would love to see a digitalism live set. that would compare

Aurgasm
07-22-2009, 12:03 PM
Justice? :rolleyes Trentemoller and/or Royksopp would be amazing but they seems too far away from HARD's electro M.O.

well they surprised me with Underworld, so I'm just throwing anything out there.

hell i'd take anyone fun. im just certain this lineup is missing an essential ingredient, the "gotta go" factor. Im hopeful they'll pull it off

Distorted_Jungle
07-22-2009, 01:21 PM
i agree. i would love to see a digitalism live set. that would compare

Digitalism has done nothing but let me down the last 2 times i went to something they were booked for. At Ultra 2008 they didn't even play which kind of ruined my night, at Nocturnal they had an hour & 45 minute time slot and only played for 45 min to an hour. I saw them in '06 at a club in Miami do a live set and it was sooooo much better than the one they do now. I would prefer a DJ set over the Live set they played at Nocturnal.

ELECtROjan
07-23-2009, 11:03 AM
I hate Justice and was extremely dissapointed with them at HARD last year.... That being said, I just saw their documentary "A Cross The Universe" and its pretty fucking epic....

At one point the little guy (Xavier?) breaks a beer bottle over some hipster bitch's head who pushed him outside CrashMansion in LA. Cutting his hand and bleeding profusely, he went to the bathroom, poured an entire bottle of smiirnoff on it, wrapped it in a towel and proceeded to go out an play for two hours..... and then got arrested by LAPD immediately after.

I listened to their live set from SF and its pretty damn good also..... I cant believe im saying this but if, and only if, they play live at HARD, ill give them another shot

dubvulture
07-24-2009, 12:35 PM
I asked Destructo on Twitter about that before the Crookers were announced. I said "Last Fm has Crookers and Major Lazer confirmed. Any truth?" and he replied "You know what they say about rumors right?" And then I made a joke about Timex Social Club and a week later Crookers were announced so who knows.

They're listed for HARD on Pollstar now, if that means anything...

http://pollstar.com/resultsArtist.aspx?ID=172166&SortBy=Date

Aurgasm
07-24-2009, 12:43 PM
BSS is the only reason ill be sad to miss this show so far.

arent you going to MM?

goldfromla
07-28-2009, 03:00 PM
Digitalism has done nothing but let me down the last 2 times i went to something they were booked for. At Ultra 2008 they didn't even play which kind of ruined my night, at Nocturnal they had an hour & 45 minute time slot and only played for 45 min to an hour. I saw them in '06 at a club in Miami do a live set and it was sooooo much better than the one they do now. I would prefer a DJ set over the Live set they played at Nocturnal.

for real man i have not seen a live set by them i saw their dj set and it was good dont get me wrong i just thought their live would be even better

WhyTheLongFace
07-28-2009, 03:19 PM
They're listed for HARD on Pollstar now, if that means anything...

http://pollstar.com/resultsArtist.aspx?ID=172166&SortBy=Date

Oh I know crookers for sure just wondering about Major Lazer

Distorted_Jungle
07-29-2009, 12:09 PM
for real man i have not seen a live set by them i saw their dj set and it was good dont get me wrong i just thought their live would be even better

They have never let me down with a DJ set, any time i have seen them do a DJ set i have had a blast durring the set and track selection has always been great. The live set is the one they let me down with every time i see them, accept the first time i saw them do it in miami at Studio A. The new live set is just no good in my opinion.

whynotsmile99
07-29-2009, 08:15 PM
I hate Justice and was extremely dissapointed with them at HARD last year.... That being said, I just saw their documentary "A Cross The Universe" and its pretty fucking epic....

At one point the little guy (Xavier?) breaks a beer bottle over some hipster bitch's head who pushed him outside CrashMansion in LA. Cutting his hand and bleeding profusely, he went to the bathroom, poured an entire bottle of smiirnoff on it, wrapped it in a towel and proceeded to go out an play for two hours..... and then got arrested by LAPD immediately after.

I listened to their live set from SF and its pretty damn good also..... I cant believe im saying this but if, and only if, they play live at HARD, ill give them another shot

i just watched that doc and thought it was pretty crappy. it reminded me of those Steve O dvds, expect far less entertaining. Just random bullshit strung together by people who have no idea what they are doing. Justice themselves came off as strange bastards and the countless scenes of drugged up sluts was sorta depressing. THeir road manager was on the verge of psychotic. the bottle scene was highlight i must say. I wonder what happened after

goldfromla
07-30-2009, 11:03 AM
With only 2 stages at Hard Summer they can fit 21 artists. At haunted mansion last year they had 4 stages and 26 artists. So do you think there will just be shorter sets or what?

emtgreg
07-30-2009, 11:08 AM
3 stages icl vip, and i bet a few of the smaller djs play just in vip

i think...

nbvcide
07-30-2009, 01:32 PM
With only 2 stages at Hard Summer they can fit 21 artists. At haunted mansion last year they had 4 stages and 26 artists. So do you think there will just be shorter sets or what?

hard summer is def gonna have shorter sets :(
and they keep adding dj's... grrr

even if the bottom 5 only play the vip room, that still makes an average of 1 hour for the remaining 16 acts on two stages in 8 hours...

boooo

although Crookers is confirmed to be going on right after Underworld, so it sounds like they're closers

goldfromla
07-30-2009, 01:33 PM
3 stages icl vip, and i bet a few of the smaller djs play just in vip

i think...

well there is 2 big stages. and then 1 vip stage where no body who you care about will play. so pretty much only 2 stages.

Aurgasm
07-30-2009, 01:34 PM
hard summer is def gonna have shorter sets :(
and they keep adding dj's... grrr

even if the bottom 5 only play the vip room, that still makes an average of 1 hour for the remaining 16 acts on two stages in 8 hours...

boooo

although Crookers is confirmed to be going on right after Underworld, so it sounds like they're closers

where are the set times and confirmations, sir?

goldfromla
07-30-2009, 01:42 PM
I pray for no Crystal Castles. ANd i know its super super early but does anyone have any clue what time Deadmau5 will go on because he is not the main headliner. I was thinking like 1030. but what do you think

WhyTheLongFace
07-30-2009, 01:44 PM

Set times early next week but yeah it has to be shorter sets. But maybe its just me when it comes to EDM acts 1 hour is enough. Anything more and I'm just blehh.

nbvcide
07-30-2009, 02:00 PM
and then 1 vip stage where no body who you care about will play. so pretty much only 2 stages.

not true..

it's not quantum physics.. 16 dj's, 2 stages, 8 hours = average of 1 hour sets..

i'm assuming Underworld (& maybe Crookers - who're closing) will play longer, which means the smaller earlier acts will prob get 45min...

i expect the 5 smallest names (who're really just resident dj's anyway) will play the vip room, with probably destructo pulling double duty..

*edit: if you were asking about where i got the confirmation that Crookers is going on after Underworld, see the tweets between the promoter & the act.

Dr. Lufs-al-ot
07-30-2009, 02:24 PM
welcome back nbvwes

emtgreg
07-30-2009, 02:32 PM
Set times early next week but yeah it has to be shorter sets. But maybe its just me when it comes to EDM acts 1 hour is enough. Anything more and I'm just blehh.

lol, boys noize played for nearly 4 hours last year if i remember correctly...

WhyTheLongFace
07-30-2009, 03:39 PM
lol, boys noize played for nearly 4 hours last year if i remember correctly...

haha it was the drugs. He went on for 2
http://www.tiktokla.com/HHM08_settimes.gif

WhyTheLongFace
07-30-2009, 03:41 PM
HARD needs to make 3-4 o clock a better ending.

Lst summer Bloody Beetroots stole the show and was an amazing nightcap.
At HARD Halloween all I remember from the last hour was wondering around trying to text message dancing by myself by the port a potties.

*sigh* A night to remember

Distorted_Jungle
07-30-2009, 03:45 PM
Look at that though, Crookers gets an hour and 25, 2 many DJ's got an hour and 55, Justice got an Hour 35, Deadmau5 got 2 hours and Boys Noize got 2 hours. This year you will be lucky to get one or two 2 hour sets.

emtgreg
07-30-2009, 07:03 PM
I am pretty sure barry weaver never showed...

or i thought barry weaver was boyz noize...

i dont fucking remember haha

Ardentbiscuit
07-30-2009, 07:43 PM
So they are using that area under the forum for another stage?

I remember when friend worked there during the Lakers time there and they would use that area to park the player's cars, Jack Nicholson would park his car and eat there before the games, they would have food and amenities for invited guests, etc.

ELECtROjan
08-01-2009, 09:27 PM
CONFIRMED:

Basement Jaxx (from the best source imaginable)
Don Rimini (From a different source and then Xavier Gassemann himself)

I went out to Discotheque last night and talked to some of my friends....100% confirmed on both

Gribbz
08-01-2009, 09:30 PM
CONFIRMED:

I went out to Discotheque last night and talked to some of my friends....100% confirmed on both

No....way. Basement Jaxx? I'm so there.

Dr. Lufs-al-ot
08-01-2009, 09:36 PM
^ seconded. Basement Jaxx is a total win

This event is going to be epic, i can already tell.
Now if we could only get a better venue...=/

ELECtROjan
08-01-2009, 09:39 PM
Also some bad news....

The Proxy will not be coming. I guess there are major issues with visas between the US/Russia that are holding everything back.... They are working on fixing the issue tho and I was told he will most likely make his US debut next year

Fake Blood wont be either... damn

Aurgasm
08-01-2009, 09:41 PM
Basement Jaxx will be fun.

maybe Nitrus has a formula- one great, established headliner with a handful of well known performers and some filler (ie aoki, amanda blank..who we should just refer to as Legz from now on..right Greg?)

nbvcide
08-01-2009, 09:50 PM
Also some bad news....

The Proxy will not be coming. I guess there are major issues with visas between the US/Russia that are holding everything back.... They are working on fixing the issue tho and I was told he will most likely make his US debut next year

Fake Blood wont be either... damn

i can wait till Coachella for Fake Blood.. it's like 97% confirmed.
sux about Proxy though, i hope to see em someday. US debut early next year... Coachella?

Basement Jaxx
Deadmau5
Justice
Crookers
Buraka Som Sistema
Major Lazer
Steve Aoki
Don Rimini
Destructo

unconfirmed:
Boys Noize
Rusko
Caspa

...suck on that Monster Massive!!

ELECtROjan
08-01-2009, 09:51 PM
^ seconded. Basement Jaxx is a total win

This event is going to be epic, i can already tell.
Now if we could only get a better venue...=/

they are looking into other venues... like the Home Depot Center (but its all contingent on how well the events at the Forum are)

Also... DISCOTHEQUE was fucking incredible. The venue is kinda a dump but the sound system was top notch, the place is huge so u can walk around or sit in the booths on the balcony, the two stages allowed for a great blend sounds, and drinks were strong. Win

nbvcide
08-01-2009, 09:57 PM
yeah, if KROQ fests & Warped Tour can be held at Home Depot, then a HARD event there could easily be the 2nd best EDM massive around

Gribbz
08-01-2009, 10:01 PM
Justice won't be there. They are playing at Voodoo fest.

nbvcide
08-01-2009, 10:07 PM
http://www.french-music.org/concerts...le=0&city=city

Justice is playing Voodoo on the 30th

WhyTheLongFace
08-01-2009, 10:08 PM
Justice won't be there. They are playing at Voodoo fest.

Someone posted some French music website that had them @ Voodoo the 30th and HARD the 31st. However reliable that is.

And booo I'm skipping this for Voodoo. I want to see Basement Jaxx :(

Gribbz
08-01-2009, 10:08 PM
http://www.french-music.org/concerts...le=0&city=city

Justice is playing Voodoo on the 30th

Touche.

nbvcide
08-01-2009, 10:11 PM
i can't wait to get my HARD on...

ELECtROjan
08-01-2009, 10:22 PM
Justice will be at HARD HM. Also confirmed last night but figured it wasn't anything new to write about

Aurgasm
08-01-2009, 10:22 PM
I've got such a sweet set up for voodoo.. but this looks fun.

im plagued with great options

WhyTheLongFace
08-01-2009, 10:40 PM
I've got such a sweet set up for voodoo.. but this looks fun.

im plagued with great options

You go to Voodoo and celebrate me turning 21

Aurgasm
08-01-2009, 10:44 PM
You go to Voodoo and celebrate me turning 21

...and the decision gets tougher...

WhyTheLongFace
08-01-2009, 10:47 PM
Kiss + Flaming Lips + Shrooms and/or Acid + Halloween weekend + New Orleans
No Brainer.

I promised myself unless HARD gets Daft Punk I refuse to change my plans

nbvcide
08-02-2009, 12:13 AM
i'm going to HARD and even i would go to Voodoo (if i could)...

go to Hard Summer and that might take care of the urge.. half the Mansion lineup will be in the Sahara again anyway. (not that that's a bad thing)

Wheres the beef?
08-02-2009, 04:20 AM
OMG I HOPE JUSTICE IS PLAYING!! LIKE OMG!! JUSTICE!! THEY ARE ON MY MUST-SEE LIST!

ELECtROjan
08-02-2009, 08:17 AM
WHERES YOUR HEAD AT?

goldfromla
08-02-2009, 09:25 AM
when can we expect a full lineup release. my guess august 14-21st

ELECtROjan
08-02-2009, 01:02 PM
On espn they are showing a rally car race inside the Home Depot Center....i wanna rave there. now.

Devin the Dude
08-02-2009, 01:46 PM
where are you getting these confirmations? i must know. i am buying tickets as soon as they are on sale. omg Basement Jaxx!!!

Dr. Lufs-al-ot
08-02-2009, 05:31 PM
WHERES YOUR HEAD AT?

i believe it's on my neck
why ask such a silly question, FOOL?

Sonicifyouwantit
08-02-2009, 05:35 PM

SILLY TIMES, USA!!

ELECtROjan
08-02-2009, 06:01 PM
<object width="640" height="505"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/a4hFwJm41h4&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999&hd=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/a4hFwJm41h4&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999&hd=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="505"></embed></object>

@HARD Haunted Mansion....thats where its going to be

Dr. Lufs-al-ot
08-02-2009, 06:03 PM
jokes arent fun when the other person doesnt get it =/

whynotsmile99
08-02-2009, 06:05 PM
ugh, i wasn't planing on HARD this halloween, but if Jaxx is there I don't know if I can pass that up

Devin the Dude
08-02-2009, 06:05 PM
too much KracK.

ELECtROjan
08-02-2009, 06:21 PM
DATA.... Pretty unoriginal name but anyone had any experience with him? Looks dope to me

<object width="640" height="505"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/UV1YOMm5lpw&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999&hd=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/UV1YOMm5lpw&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999&hd=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="505"></embed></object>

This is just a suggestion...i have no idea if anyone has even considered him for anything considering HARD

Gribbz
08-02-2009, 06:29 PM
DATA.... Pretty unoriginal name but anyone had any experience with him? Looks dope to me

<object width="640" height="505"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/UV1YOMm5lpw&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999&hd=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/UV1YOMm5lpw&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999&hd=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="505"></embed></object>

This is just a suggestion...i have no idea if anyone has even considered him for anything considering HARD

They're playing in phx pretty soon. Might check them out.

leo01g
08-02-2009, 07:11 PM
YESS!!!!! BASEMENT JAXXX

shakermaker113
08-02-2009, 07:14 PM
someone mentioned a basement jaxx song/lyric.

oh wait, that IS as good as an official confirmation around here, I forgot.

EDIT: oh I see, the 'confirmation' came last page. from god, apparently.

goldfromla
08-02-2009, 07:25 PM
CONFIRMED:

I wont believe you till i see it asshole

Derekx
08-02-2009, 08:10 PM

I like me some datA
JPSGz1LEuo4

feather
08-02-2009, 11:02 PM
Coming home from the rave at 4am this morning, and getting TWO texts that the Jaxx were going to be at HHM...MADE MY LIFE!

Once I see them on the lineup, tickets are bought. You guys have no idea how ready I am to see the Jaxx again, and hear Rendez-vu live. (Hopefully)

THIS IS A DREAM!!!!

I LOVE BJ!

WhyTheLongFace
08-02-2009, 11:05 PM

:rotfl :rotfl :rotfl

Wheres the beef?

I feel like it's a bit more legit than that.

WhyTheLongFace
where are you getting these confirmations? i must know. i am buying tickets as soon as they are on sale. omg Basement Jaxx!!!

Tickets are already on sale

ELECtROjan
08-02-2009, 11:31 PM
i don't fuck around with people who would lie to me about this kinda shit... do some research about HARD and you might be able to see why itd make sense for Basement Jaxx to be there

And if that's too hard for you u can just wait like everyone else...

stinkbutt
08-02-2009, 11:44 PM
Please explain why or at least link where this information to research would be found

otherwise youre as credible as my cat

WhyTheLongFace
08-02-2009, 11:46 PM
Not to doubt you Trojan E, but since you know so many people did you predict anything for HARD Summer?

zimmy1222
08-02-2009, 11:57 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/4Y6JcQbRfWM&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/4Y6JcQbRfWM&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

jus sayin..

zimmy1222
08-03-2009, 12:01 AM
oh and since b.j. is on the mind...

Basement Jaxx have announced detail of their forthcoming fifth full-length album, due for October release on XL Recordings.

The record is entitled Scars and the collab-happy duo will feature Amp Fiddler, Yoko Ono, Santigold, Sam Sparro and more along the way. Typically, it's a varied affair, with Billboard mentioning electro, rap, funk, ska and house in their exclusive preview of the record.

In other Jaxx news, the group apparently also have a second record in the can as well. This one, though, is an untitled work that is heavy on "Pink Floyd-y, more ambient-y stuff....more for bath-time music." There are currently tentative plans to release the tunes as a mini-LP later on in the year or in early 2010.

XL will release Basement Jaxx's Scars in October 2009.

Source: http://www.residentadvisor.net/news.aspx?id=10801

ELECtROjan
08-03-2009, 12:12 AM
Please explain why or at least link where this information to research would be found

otherwise youre as credible as my cat

Research:
http://www.hardfest.com/destructo.html

"Rick Rubin subsequently handpicked Gary for A&R in electronic music at Def American Recordings, launching a noteworthy career with such acts as Lords of Acid, Messiah, David Holmes, Basement Jaxx, Dub Pistols, God Lives Underwater and founding 1500 Records and Nitrus Records."

Devin the Dude
08-03-2009, 02:00 AM
it is confirmed. this will be a part of the weekend that never dies.

shakermaker113
08-03-2009, 08:07 AM
i don't fuck around with people who would lie to me about this kinda shit... do some research about HARD and you might be able to see why itd make sense for Basement Jaxx to be there

there's lots of acts that makes sense, I'm not saying it doesn't make sense. just that someone posting "confirmed" on this message board, 99% of the time, is just stirring up shit.

sorry for my pessimism, I would love it if basement jaxx were there, but there's not much to go on here. the basement jaxx thread has quotes from the band saying they probably won't make it to the US this year. if you're right, then fantastic, we all win. just don't be surprised if people doubt your confirmation.

Distorted_Jungle
08-03-2009, 08:19 AM
Basement Jaxx would get me there as well as DatA, but so far what is confirmed is all just the same old same old.

guest-1185
08-03-2009, 08:26 AM
Yeah, the moment Basement Jaxx get officially confirmed is the moment I make plans to attend this thing. Definitely one of those bands that I'll travel to anywhere on the west coast. But if they're playing LA, wouldn't it make sense that they're going to have a few other US dates as well?

ELECtROjan
08-03-2009, 09:50 AM
just a random repeat of info from twitter....

destructohard @diplo make sure you bring that whole crew to the HAUNTED MANSION....

Devin the Dude
08-03-2009, 10:24 AM
Diplo blew HARD13 out of the water. confirmed for awesome.

dubvulture
08-03-2009, 10:48 AM
just a random repeat of info from twitter....

destructohard @diplo make sure you bring that whole crew to the HAUNTED MANSION....

hmm, also this from his feed...
@zombienation love it see u in LA Halloween9:42 AM Jul 28th

Aurgasm
08-03-2009, 11:27 AM
what's zombie nation again?

nbvcide
08-03-2009, 11:29 AM
Basement Jaxx
Deadmau5
Justice
Crookers
Buraka Som Sistema
Diplo
Major Lazer
Steve Aoki
Don Rimini
Zombie Nation
Destructo

damn, this thing is gonna have a lot of conflicts!

Devin the Dude
08-03-2009, 11:30 AM
this justifies ticket sales right now. i need $60.