PDA

View Full Version : 2009 HIGH SIERRA MUSIC FESTIVAL

scoop49er
03-14-2009, 08:52 AM
ive heard from alot of people that this is a great festival up in quincy, ca.

since im staying local this year im consdiering this festival.. :)

seems like a good jam based lineup:

here is the lineup:

Ladies and gents....the moment you've all been waiting for....the 2009 High Sierra Music Festival lineup announcement is here! We're excited to offer this combination of new faces and classic High Sierra favorites for your festival enjoyment. Don't touch that dial! We still have more to add, so stay tuned right here for more announcements coming soon.

John Butler
Umphrey's McGee
Ani DiFranco
Disco Biscuits
Galactic
The Del McCoury Band
Steve Kimock Crazy Engine feat. Melvin Seals
The Wailers
Tea Leaf Green
Ollabelle
Mike Farris and the Roseland Rhythm Revue
ALO
Vieux Farka Touré
Dr. Dog
Devil Makes Three
The Travelin' McCourys
The Lee Boys
Cornmeal
Bonerama
Marco Benevento Trio
McTuff feat. Skerik, Joe Doria, Andy Coe & D'Vonne Lewis
Skerik will also appear as an artist-at-large
Joe Craven and Sam Bevan Duo
Joe Craven will also appear as artist-at-large and emcee
Nathan Moore
Fareed Haque and The Flat Earth Ensemble
Pretty Lights
Everest
Dusty Rhodes and the River Band
Pimps of Joytime
J-Boogie and Dubtronic Science
Poor Man's Whiskey
Living Folklore

gmoneyak
03-14-2009, 02:19 PM
I live 80 miles away, and in 3 years have yet to check it out. I heard it's a really mellow and interactive experience. I'll have to attend a day this year and hang with those hippies in the forest.

Ardentbiscuit
03-14-2009, 03:46 PM
They actually have many rounds of additions...

And night shows..

pancakespancakes
03-14-2009, 09:43 PM
I'm pretty sure I'm going this year. Not totally sure yet though. I won't put it in my sig at this point. But I've been wanting to go for three years now and I like this lineup a lot. I hope there are some great additions as well.

I'm kicking myself for not going the year MMJ played, though.

GnarVee
03-15-2009, 07:28 AM
im pretty close.......love concerts.......not my style........waiting for a decent headliner before I pull out the cash.......fuckn hippies.

woogie846
03-15-2009, 09:44 AM
I saw Dusty Rhodes and the River Band open up for the Aquabats last year. They were really good.

Daft Fro
06-17-2009, 06:13 PM
http://userserve-ak.last.fm/serve/_/28015779/High+Sierra+Music+Festival++l_3570b3ad3a7e47d3996b ad28a8db.jpg

Yea, I think I'm hit'n this up with some homies :thu

sleepybrew
06-17-2009, 06:27 PM
its nice and close for me, but i've already seen most of those that are a draw and funds are running low after coachella, underworld, burning man, etc. time to be picky i guess....

miSTEVEious
06-19-2009, 08:07 AM
high sierra is the most incredible fest EVER - best one I've ever been to!

you guys on the fence should definitely take the plunge - once you go to Quincy you will always want to go back and the late nights are always fantastic.

If any of you are going and want to meet up for a beer or a smoke, PM me! Coachella boardies to HSMF FTW!

canexplain
06-19-2009, 08:16 AM
high sierra is the most incredible fest EVER - best one I've ever been to!

you guys on the fence should definitely take the plunge - once you go to Quincy you will always want to go back and the late nights are always fantastic.

If any of you are going and want to meet up for a beer or a smoke, PM me! Coachella boardies to HSMF FTW!

i have always wanted to go there ... seems like a fest i would love .... btw steve are you a registered fog head? cr****

miSTEVEious
06-19-2009, 10:56 AM
fog head? nop. What's that?

Ron I'm positive you would love it...it is really really great and I can't say it enough. Camping under trees if you want, perfect temperature allows you to sleep in as late as you want, 5 minute walk to stages, great chill vibes, never rains. Just make sure to bring your own sun screen.