PDA

View Full Version : N.A.S.A.

beavington
02-22-2009, 02:00 PM
I just got their cd. Pretty good, now I am really curious as to what they will bring to the Sahara stage. I have a feeling they may do something grand, it would be nice if there were a bunch of special guests...does anyone else have any thoughts?

Gribbz
02-22-2009, 02:04 PM
I imagine some great colabs with other artists. I'm having trouble downloading the album on btjunkie though. You say it's good?

arya.
02-22-2009, 02:55 PM
the album has some great tracks. i feel like a live show without guests would be boring though....

Ill_Eagle
02-22-2009, 02:59 PM
If Method Man is there I'm gonna go apeshit.

Reckoner
02-22-2009, 03:02 PM
I was listening to their stuff and I really liked a few of their tracks too... i wonder how they'll be live... i'm planning to catch them though :)

thestripe
02-22-2009, 03:06 PM
The album is basically showing off the dudes address book. That's it. The only way their set could be halfway decent is if they get the artists they feature on the damn thing, which won't happen.

NY Excuse
02-22-2009, 03:06 PM
what are some of their best songs?

moomoo
02-22-2009, 03:11 PM
I wasn't impressed at all with his album....

zenidogx
02-22-2009, 04:11 PM
P4K tells me that NASA sucks. so, one less conflict.

shakermaker113
02-22-2009, 06:47 PM
I think the album is awesome. a live performance with collabs (esp karen o) would be fucking awesome, but I think it's highly unlikely. a dj set could still be awesome. they guys clearly have some taste. but I'm hesitant to go out of my way until I have some confidence that it'll be worthwhile.

Robototron
02-22-2009, 08:47 PM
P4K tells me that NASA sucks. so, one less conflict.

They're actually right for once. Totally overrated.

DFrank
02-22-2009, 09:58 PM
The album as a whole is overrated. With that many guest artists they didn't really take full advantage of it. However, some of it makes alright party music...Two songs you should definitely download: Gifted (kanye west, santogold & lykke li) and Strange Enough (Karen O, Old dirty bastard & fatlip)

shakermaker113
02-22-2009, 11:00 PM
who gives a fuck if it's overrated. it doesn't matter who rates it how high. fuck them and listen for yourself for once.

Gribbz
02-22-2009, 11:02 PM
who gives a fuck if it's overrated. it doesn't matter who rates it how high. fuck them and listen for yourself for once.

Thank you!

Jesus pitchfork is like the hipster bible around here.

DFrank
02-23-2009, 01:17 AM

Who said I'm taking other people's opinion as my own? I did listen to the album. That's why I posted. I offered 2 songs that IMO stood out that people should listen to if they're interested.

shakermaker113
02-23-2009, 09:33 AM
Who said I'm taking other people's opinion as my own? I did listen to the album. That's why I posted. I offered 2 songs that IMO stood out that people should listen to if they're interested.

my response wasn't targeted directly at you. your post was actually pretty helpful. I agree with your song choices, btw.

my comment was more a general rant on the criticism of something being overrated. having read that twice on this page, and the pitchfork comment (where bad pitchfork reviews are often just a reaction to something being overrated), I had to blow of some steam. I guess I should have put it in the default thread or open letters instead.

Alchemy
02-23-2009, 09:41 AM
The album is great. The David Byrne tracks are awesome, the Tom Waits track is awesome, the Kanye West track is awesome... My concern is that N.A.S.A. will not be awesome without David Byrne, Tom Waits, Kanye West and co... Friday is already way conflict heavy. I can feel the sacrifices already.

GeezrRckr
02-23-2009, 09:52 AM
I'm seeing them this Friday. Will let you all know how they are.

HandBanana
02-23-2009, 10:31 AM
I would have loved this record in 1998.

And yes, that is an insult.

C DUB YA
02-23-2009, 10:39 AM
The album is basically showing off the dudes address book. That's it. The only way their set could be halfway decent is if they get the artists they feature on the damn thing, which won't happen.

you read the pitchfork review.

CurableOkie
02-23-2009, 04:11 PM
you read the pitchfork review.

Man people are forgetting how to be cool. Let me break it down.

A) Get excited for N.A.S.A after pitchfork mentions their album and tracklist.
B) Download it from your private torrent site weeks in advance.
C) Play on repeat, tell all your friends.
D) Act kind of shocked but not too surprised pitchfork gave it horrendous score.
E) (here is the key) LOVE IT ANYWAY DESPITE PITCHFORK!!!

Now dat's cool.

Songs: "Gifted" & "The Mayor"

*edit* for bonus cool points -- (F) HATE the next album pitchfork ranks best new music -- omg, brimming with cool.