PDA

View Full Version : Where is the electronic music?!?!?! Ahhhh

TeamGoodVibes
02-12-2009, 05:28 PM
Reading this years lineup after months of hoping and waiting i couldnt help but have a huge sinking feeling of disappointment in my stomach...
Ok so i know we have Felix da house cat, Groove Armada, The crystal method and a few others, but how can that be it after having Deadmau5, APHEX TWIN, above and Beyond, Sasha and Digweed and Justice last year??!?!??!!? In the years before that we had Tiesto and Daft Punk. Is Paul Tollet intentionally neglecting electronic music?! Who else is feeling my agony?? Someone please fill me in on some sweet Sahara tent acts i am missing out on. There is no doubt this is the most disappointing Coachella line-up i have seen. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE add more headliners!!!!!

betao
02-12-2009, 05:31 PM
Gui Boratto
MANDY
Supermayer
MSTRKRFT

those are who i'm looking forward too, along with the ones you listed.

Robototron
02-12-2009, 05:38 PM
Just because you don't know shit about EDM outside of the massive names doesn't mean good shit isn't there.

NightGoat
02-12-2009, 05:46 PM
Throbbing Gristle

Leckie
02-12-2009, 05:50 PM
Reading this years lineup after months of hoping and waiting i couldnt help but have a huge sinking feeling of disappointment in my stomach...
Ok so i know we have Felix da house cat, Groove Armada, The crystal method and a few others, but how can that be it after having Deadmau5, APHEX TWIN, above and Beyond, Sasha and Digweed and Justice last year??!?!??!!? In the years before that we had Tiesto and Daft Punk. Is Paul Tollet intentionally neglecting electronic music?! Who else is feeling my agony?? Someone please fill me in on some sweet Sahara tent acts i am missing out on. There is no doubt this is the most disappointing Coachella line-up i have seen. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE add more headliners!!!!!

you fail. now never come back again.

whinywhiner
02-12-2009, 05:53 PM
LOL electronic music isn't like the other genres, if you are lesser known its cause you suck. deadmau5 rose to prominence from nothing in less than a year, that's how quick it takes to get recognition. so don't say throbbing gristle because they suck dick (to most people).

MSTRKRFT can't even fill up webster hall in nyc, and they've been around for awhile. they are a shitty version of justice.

Mordecai
02-12-2009, 05:55 PM
LOL electronic music isn't like the other genres, if you are lesser known its cause you suck. deadmau5 rose to prominence from nothing in less than a year, that's how quick it takes to get recognition. so don't say throbbing gristle because they suck dick (to most people).

ummm, what?

ROStifarian
02-12-2009, 05:56 PM
Throbbing Gristle Rocks you face off. :winkiss

BrickTop24
02-12-2009, 05:57 PM
Roni Size

whinywhiner
02-12-2009, 05:58 PM
Look I'm not saying bring in ARMIN but come on the OP is right, the EDM acts on the bill blow (aside from Christopher lawrence who is decent).

Mordecai
02-12-2009, 06:05 PM
Gui Boratto.

Mordecai
02-12-2009, 06:05 PM
M.A.N.D.Y.

Mordecai
02-12-2009, 06:06 PM
Bloody Beetroots. Now STFU.

whinywhiner
02-12-2009, 06:07 PM
LOL and those compare to "Deadmau5, APHEX TWIN, above and Beyond, Sasha and Digweed and Justice" HOW exactly?

brando4n82
02-12-2009, 06:08 PM
more Sahara acts to come....

Aphex Twin was not added until mid March

wait for it.

same for Above and Beyond..but they suck

betao
02-12-2009, 06:09 PM
They can be compared to all of the artists except Aphex.

Deadmau5 and AnB is ok, Sasha/Digweed are pretty good, and Justice is less than average.

whinywhiner
02-12-2009, 06:09 PM
They are solid for those who like trance, which is a lot of people.

brando4n82
02-12-2009, 06:10 PM
trance is so weak

HEADSTRUCK
Plump Djs will be added......

HEADSTRUCK
They are solid for those who like trance, which is a lot of people.
FUCK THOSE PEOPLE

Grant
02-12-2009, 06:14 PM
BoC is a stretch, but Monklish had them in his/her "Probably" list, which included MBV. Their MySpace account was mysteriously added, and he/she was pretty darn accurate, so all we can do is wait and see.

Mordecai
02-12-2009, 06:16 PM
Plump Djs will be added......

If this is true I will die.

PassiveTheory
02-12-2009, 06:16 PM
BoC is a stretch, but Monklish had them in his/her "Probably" list, which included MBV. Their MySpace account was mysteriously added, and he/she was pretty darn accurate, so all we can do is wait and see.

Monklish wears a stupid hat.

guest-1185
02-12-2009, 06:17 PM
Fear not, there are going to be addition(s) to the sahara, that much we know for sure.

FUCK THOSE PEOPLE
That too.

guest-1185
02-12-2009, 06:18 PM

And likes the rail. True statement.

HEADSTRUCK
If this is true I will die.

I talked to them the other day and they said they are on the to be confirmed list cause they are waiting on their work visas to clear. they have been banned from the usa for a long time.

Grant

This is public knowledge.

PassiveTheory
02-12-2009, 06:19 PM
I talked to them the other day and they said they are on the to be confirmed list cause they are waiting on their work visas to clear. they have been banned from the usa for a long time.

Wait, what? Why the hell were they banned from the US?

guest-1185
02-12-2009, 06:20 PM

Wait, for real? This would be an impeccable addition! They would have the Sahara going INSANE!

Grant
It is true about Plump Djs... They had a blog on their MySpace stating they were going to be at Coachella this year... Don't know if it's still there.

Mordecai
LOL and those compare to "Deadmau5, APHEX TWIN, above and Beyond, Sasha and Digweed and Justice" HOW exactly?

I was quoting those as relatively lesser known acts that DON'T suck. Which I believe was the retarded point you were trying to make.

And trance? wtf? None of those acts except Armin, who you mentioned, is trance.

Mordecai
02-12-2009, 06:22 PM
It is true about Plump Djs... They had a blog on their MySpace stating they were going to be at Coachella this year... Don't know if it's still there.

It's still there, but in the same note they also said they would be WMC/Ultra which they aren't. Someone e-mailed their booking agent and got a response that Coachella was still TBC. Hopefully they figure it out ...

HEADSTRUCK
02-12-2009, 06:22 PM
Wait, what? Why the hell were they banned from the US?

because they came he to dj before without a work visa and got caught...its happens to a lot of djs. When I did my club nites and raves thats the only way I could afford to bring them over here.

HEADSTRUCK
02-12-2009, 06:23 PM
It's still there, but in the same note they also said they would be WMC/Ultra which they aren't. Someone e-mailed their booking agent and got a response that Coachella was still TBC. Hopefully they figure it out ...

I emailed Lee who is one of them and thats what he told me.....

guest-1185
02-12-2009, 06:24 PM
Oh snap then! They're exactly the kind of act the Sahara needs. I'm trying not to get too excited before they're on the poster, this is not easy.

HEADSTRUCK
02-12-2009, 06:25 PM

thats why i emailed them....i seen that also but when the line up came out they werent on it....i now understand

guest-1185
02-12-2009, 06:26 PM
I was quoting those as relatively lesser known acts that DON'T suck. Which I believe was the retarded point you were trying to make.

And trance? wtf? None of those acts except Armin, who you mentioned, is trance.

Above and Beyond is trance, yes?

PassiveTheory
02-12-2009, 06:27 PM
because they came he to dj before without a work visa and got caught...its happens to a lot of djs. When I did my club nites and raves thats the only way I could afford to bring them over here.

You did club nights and raves? Why the fuck have I never talked to you about this shit?

HEADSTRUCK
02-12-2009, 06:31 PM
You did club nights and raves? Why the fuck have I never talked to you about this shit?

for ten years....i dont know why we havent talked about it.???? Since i moved I dont do much anymore....i still dj once and a while but its hard to break into the LA scene

I had deep impact here a few years back and customs called me and asked why he was coming and how long he was staying. he had to give them my address and number to enter. Thats a big reason why djs went to cds and laptops. I told him he was here to come to my record store (i worked at one) and hand out free demos and sign shit for kids. He doesnt get paid just promotes his label.

hit up my myspace and i have some flyers of shows i have thrown.

TeamGoodVibes
02-12-2009, 06:47 PM
Glad to see there is so much interest in this topic. Thanks for the feedback all. Cant wait too see some of the fatty additions

Mordecai
02-12-2009, 06:53 PM
Above and Beyond is trance, yes?

You are correct. But didn't help my point.

shakermaker113
02-12-2009, 06:54 PM
all the electronic acts decided to play outside lands instead.

guest-1185
02-12-2009, 06:56 PM
You are correct. But didn't help my point.

:sorry

HEADSTRUCK
02-12-2009, 06:57 PM
PLUMP DJS to close out friday or sunday will make me a happy happy man

Laura owns you
02-12-2009, 07:02 PM
mark, will plump djs blow my mind?

HEADSTRUCK
02-12-2009, 07:05 PM
mark, will plump djs blow my mind?

more then any sahara tent act ever.....them kats are the sickest act ever!!!!

HEADSTRUCK
02-12-2009, 07:07 PM
with the line up how it is Laura.......Plump Djs are the only way I will go in the dance tent

echerrr
02-12-2009, 08:07 PM
Buraka Som Sistema will melt your face

that's all i know so go to it so its better

http://hypem.com/search/buraka%20som%20sistema/1/

CalmerThanYou
02-12-2009, 08:21 PM
The Rogue Element?

Their LP Rogue Rock is kicking my ass. HARD.

farside
02-12-2009, 09:04 PM
I am looking forward to see Switch. The FabricLive 43 CD is awesome (with Sinden).

And I hope Plump DJs will sort their visum out!

Reckoner
02-12-2009, 09:32 PM
I actually really like a bunch of the djs that will be at coachella this year. Steve Aoki and Crookers are the shiet!

HEADSTRUCK
02-12-2009, 10:19 PM
steve aoki???

r u kidding????

HEADSTRUCK
02-12-2009, 10:21 PM
crookers produce good fidget but steve aoki?????]

stop now

PotVsKtl
02-12-2009, 10:24 PM
SytSv8oVBYA

cfritz75
02-12-2009, 10:33 PM
surprised not see all kinds of rumors about The Prodigy since they're releasing a new album and all.

TeamGoodVibes
02-12-2009, 11:02 PM
If the prodigy were there i would LIVE in the Sahara tent. Been wanting to see them since i was a kid. PPPLLLEASEEE coachella gods

Leckie
02-12-2009, 11:19 PM
armin wont be added. he's doing three 10 hour sets in europe the 3 nights of coachella

-Gax-
02-13-2009, 02:07 AM
headstruck what shows been raving here for a while. and thanks for info
and is that you scott? (mordecai)

FlavaDave
02-13-2009, 02:18 AM
PLEASE!!!! ADD PRODIGY!!!!! Their new album is SICK!!! Just listened to it... heres the link. Youre welcome!!

http://lindesignz.com/files/mp3/Electronic/Breakbeat/Chemical%20Breaks/The%20Prodigy/prodigy_invaders.zip

ozmusic
02-13-2009, 02:43 AM
mate the only thing i can help you with is do not miss the presets they turn big tents into ecstacy tents in australia and in a good way! i will not be missing this and i dont think you should either.. they are playing before fat boy slim over here at our good vibrations festival..... that should do it

aussie_surfhead
02-13-2009, 02:45 AM
mate the only thing i can help you with is do not miss the presets they turn big tents into ecstacy tents in australia and in a good way! they are playing before fat boy slim over here at our good vibrations festival..... should be gold

fuck oath,

shall be seeing them at good vibes tomo!

Distorted_Jungle
02-13-2009, 08:40 AM
crookers produce good fidget but steve aoki?????]

stop now

Honestly i'm excited for Steve Aoki i like his sets but to each his own i agree no trance should be added that would suck but the sahara for me is looking pretty good

Felix da Housecat spins bad ass sets every time i see him
MSTRKRFT has never let me down if anything gets better and better every time
The Bloody Beetroots are going to MURDER! the sahara
Crookers will blow the roof off as well
Drop the Lime i haven't seen before but from what i hear is pretty good
Roni Size Reprazent is going to be insanity for me atleast being a DnB head
Groove Armada is going to be sick Live would be better but still going to be dope
The Crystal Method i am curious to see i have never seen them before
N.A.S.A. is guaranteed to rock you
Ghostland Observatory is going to be sick

i dont know i'm over typing but the Sahara for my music interest is looking pretty damn good