PDA

View Full Version : TV ON THE RADIO

zenidogx
02-08-2009, 12:54 AM
just saw them own SNL with Dancing Choose!

they are my must see for Saturday!

and yes, they need their own damned thread.

steakeatingboss
02-08-2009, 12:58 AM

Complete hipster yuppie shit.

zenidogx
02-08-2009, 01:02 AM
someone's American Apparel is on too tight

steakeatingboss
02-08-2009, 01:03 AM
someone's American Apparel is on too tight

Yeah, sounds like your tights got your cameltoe finely tuned to shitty music.

Rockstarboy37
02-08-2009, 01:05 AM
they are better on their albums but a lot of energy. i'll probably catch em at coach though.

Pura Vida
02-08-2009, 01:09 AM
I just haven't been able to enjoy them. I record SNL, so I'll give them another shot tomorrow.

zenidogx
02-08-2009, 01:24 AM

you're cool. i do need to listen to some more Sublime, though.

TVOTR sunset, please. then Band of Horses.

CrimesceneCookie
02-08-2009, 01:38 AM
I'm a aging nerd with a healthy resentment for indie hipsters and I love the shit outta TV on the Radio. If you can't agree that Return to Cookie Mountain was a great album, I'm fairly certain that there is something wrong with you.
Do they still play "Wash the Day Away" in their sets?

fikus222
02-08-2009, 01:57 AM
I saw them perform really early during the SF Download Festival at Shoreline and they were totally forgettable.

CrimesceneCookie
02-08-2009, 02:13 AM
Euggh... Golden Age was definitely not good on SNL though.

apostle2
02-08-2009, 02:16 AM
Golden Age, not so great.

Dancing Choose, fucking AWESOME.

I don't really understand why they don't play DLZ more

Genedefekt
02-08-2009, 02:18 AM
That beard annoys the shit outta me.

Regulan
02-08-2009, 02:18 AM
Anyone ever notice their bass player?

Rockstarboy37
02-08-2009, 02:50 AM
It's really dissapointing cause I like this band but they just can't deliver live.

zajaa
02-08-2009, 03:24 AM

calling tv on the radio yuppie shit is sorta like calling obama an elitist - more of an inside out compliment than an insult, indicative of the progress blacks have made in US society. funny world now, where pissed off skinheads grumble about african americans being high above them rather than insisting they're below them.

hancho09
02-08-2009, 04:31 AM
Return to Cookie Mountain and Dear Science are two good albums

danteb
02-08-2009, 07:43 AM

i agree, they should have played DLZ and Crying, those would have been better singles in my opinion, but what do I know

blackchango
02-08-2009, 08:15 AM

I know I'm a hypocrite for acknowledging this however for future reference
ignore hatred :)

JustSteve
02-08-2009, 08:21 AM
calling tv on the radio yuppie shit is sorta like calling obama an elitist - more of an inside out compliment than an insult, indicative of the progress blacks have made in US society. funny world now, where pissed off skinheads grumble about african americans being high above them rather than insisting they're below them.

it's not racist to say they don't sound as good live as they do on record. jesus christ, way to over complicate it.

sydaud
02-08-2009, 08:28 AM

I love Golden Age, but DLZ, Red Dress and Crying are all equally sweet.

Gribbz
02-08-2009, 08:52 AM
Yeah, a bad performance on a shitty tv show like SNL is really going to keep me from TVOTR at coachella...

ArcadeParade
02-08-2009, 09:08 AM
I thought they were great last night, really got me pumped to see them in April.

Did you guys see Bjork on snl last night? soo good.

Gribbz
02-08-2009, 09:11 AM
I find it offensive that people still watch SNL.

rskapcat
02-08-2009, 09:20 AM
Kristen Wiig is the new Molly Shannon; i.e., some people find her hilarious, but I kinda want to punch her in the face.

Genedefekt
02-08-2009, 09:20 AM
Yeah, a bad performance on a shitty tv show like SNL is really going to keep me from TVOTR at coachella...

Well it definitely helped my decision (Dancing Choose was okay but Golden Age was horrendous). SKIP

On the other hand it was seeing Fleet Foxes on SNL a few weeks ago that sealed the deal - MUST SEE - incredible performance.

Gribbz
02-08-2009, 09:23 AM
Every band has an off night. EVERY band.

Genedefekt
02-08-2009, 09:32 AM
Every band has an off night. EVERY band.

Well in my experience these guys have off nights 3/4 of the time.

Good: Letterman

Bad: Leno, SNL, Coachella '06

Gribbz
02-08-2009, 09:36 AM
Yeah I hear the 06 performance was pretty bad.

Genedefekt
02-08-2009, 09:42 AM
It was. Don't get me wrong, either, I think they sound great on record. But they just don't deliver live, and they're relatively boring to watch.

zenidogx
02-08-2009, 09:58 AM
such an awesome post.

your face is shitty.

Kristen Wiig is the new Molly Shannon; i.e., some people find her hilarious, but I kinda want to punch her in the face.
but Molly Shannon wasn't hot.

Leckie
02-08-2009, 10:01 AM
this whole board is fucking sad. someone says they like a band and right away some douche starts a fight.

rskapcat
02-08-2009, 10:04 AM
such an awesome post.

your face is shitty.

but Molly Shannon wasn't hot.

That is true.

mandelbaum
02-08-2009, 10:06 AM
Yeah I hear the 06 performance was pretty bad.

I saw them at Sasquatch in '06. And wow. What a BORING set.

zenidogx
02-08-2009, 10:06 AM
That is true.

yep, Dale Gribble has a shitty face. booya!

KungFuJoe
02-08-2009, 10:07 AM
Well in my experience these guys have off nights 3/4 of the time.

Good: Letterman

Bad: Leno, SNL, Coachella '06

This is a fair approximation. I like TVOTR. However, I've seen them 3 times.

- Coachella '06 they were really bad. Could've been sound issues. That tent was fucked the whole day from my experience.

- Prospect Park Brooklyn NY they put on a great show. and it was free.

- once at the Henry Fonda in which they were ok.

I'd hope they put on a good performance at Coachella this year. I may or may not watch depending who they conflict with.

ChiefThunderFist
02-08-2009, 10:10 AM
this whole board is fucking sad. someone says they like a band and right away some douche starts a fight.
yeah... people seem to not understand that musical taste is subjective.

That said, TV on the Radio's first SNL song was, ughh, not to my taste (and that's putting it nicely). The look on their faces when they finished the song says it all.

danteb
02-08-2009, 10:13 AM
i cant stand watching snl. does anyone have a link to a video of their performance last nite? i cant seem to find it on youtube or anything.

Genedefekt
02-08-2009, 10:13 AM
The look on their faces when they finished the song says it all.

Haha. I'm gonna have to go back and look for this.

rskapcat
02-08-2009, 10:14 AM
yep, Dale Gribble has a shitty face. booya!

~snort~ Not quite what I meant! :p

Raptor Clinton
02-08-2009, 10:26 AM
Every TV performance I've seen of TV on the Radio has been bad, with the exception of Letterman, but their other live videos are pretty awesome. I think they'll pull of a good Coachella set. Maybe they should lose the brass, though. Those guys didn't seem to know what key they were playing in.

oceansc420
02-08-2009, 11:25 AM
I saw TVOTR at Treasure Island and they put on a good show. SNL is a terrible show to judge a band on, everyone sound like shit on there, tiny stage, terrible sound, horrible production.

And you, my friend, live in Chino. That right there, means you should shut the fuck up.

BrickTop24
02-08-2009, 11:31 AM
im stoaked to seein them again. gonna be a great show.

CrimesceneCookie
02-08-2009, 11:34 AM
They played & sounded great at the Hollywood Bowl opening for Massive Attack, at the Amoeba instore, and the Fonda show.
But last nite on SNL, "Golden Age" sounded like they were frantically rushing through it, playing it much faster than normal. The mixing did not sound good, and the horns sounded out of place.

I think the fast tempo songs on Dear Science are one reason I prefer Cookie Mountain, the songs on that one are slower, heavier and more thoughtful. Dear Science is trying a little to hard to have uptempo dancey pop hits. (Yes, I know how cliche it is to prefer a band's "earlier work"). I absolutely love "Halfway Home" though. Will definitely see them at Coachella this year.

TommyboyUNM
02-08-2009, 11:41 AM
I first heard of TV On The Radio when they opened for Nine Inch Nails in 2006. I thought they were really good live and I've enjoyed their music since then. Dear Science was one of my favorite albums of 2008. I can't stop listening to Halfway Home. Yes, I'll catch them at Coachella and I approve of this thread, zenidog.

zenidogx
02-08-2009, 11:49 AM
Yes, I'll catch them at Coachella and I approve of this thread, zenidog.

:thu

they are, in fact, my must see act for Saturday.

Genedefekt
02-08-2009, 12:01 PM
SNL is a terrible show to judge a band on, everyone sound like shit on there, tiny stage, terrible sound, horrible production.

Not true. SEE: Fleet Foxes.

Pura Vida
02-08-2009, 12:11 PM
I thought they were great last night, really got me pumped to see them in April.

Did you guys see Bjork on snl last night? soo good.

No change on my TVotR impression, but I have an all-new respect for Bjork. It may have been her finest performance.
:D

PS - congrats on post #666.

stevekeim
02-08-2009, 12:21 PM

Yeah, agreed. Like it was said above, it's all subjective. However, there are of course some bands that should be universally hated.

Like AC/DC.

However, TVOTR are pretty fucking cool. I'm bummed to hear they don't put on a good show in some cases. Hopefully this coachella will be different.

I urge all people who dislike TV on the Radio to give them another chance.

zajaa
02-08-2009, 01:40 PM
it's not racist to say they don't sound as good live as they do on record. jesus christ, way to over complicate it.

what are you talking about

?

JewFace
02-08-2009, 04:34 PM
I'm afraid I'm going to have to agree with the majority of posters. That was a pretty abysmal performance and it can't be blamed on the SNL set up; there have been some exceptional SNL musical performances over the years.

I was looking forward to catching them at Coachella, but if this is an indication of their average live performance I'm not going to go out of my way to catch them. It was so average and blah. And those vocal 'harmonies' were painful.

oftheheartofthesoul
02-08-2009, 07:50 PM
Saw them open for Nine Inch Nails. Not bad. Dig Return to Cookie Mountain, "Staring at the Sun," etc. They are a priority.

hobomilitia
02-09-2009, 10:41 AM
I guess I'm in the minority here, because i thought that SNL performance was pretty good. although, if you want them to play songs exactly the way they sound on the album, you will probably be disappointed at coachella. go look for videos of staring at the sun, blind, and even wolf like me. they tend to speed up their songs and add a bit more fuzz etc. when they play live.

that being said, the sound was mixed pretty poorly during golden age. the brass section was way too loud during the chorus.

BrickTop24
02-09-2009, 11:58 AM
this will be my fifth time seeing them. cant wait.

natelan
02-09-2009, 12:48 PM

I saw TV on the Radio a few years back at Coachella. Was the best show that year, for my money.

Drinkey McDrinkerstein
02-09-2009, 12:54 PM
i'm sad to hear so many people bag on their live set...yet comforted by those who have good things to say

been a BIG fan fr4om the beginning and just finally got ahold of "dear science" and am loving it

i haven't gotten to see them live yet so i was very excited to see them on the lineup

IlliniQ
02-09-2009, 01:22 PM
It was. Don't get me wrong, either, I think they sound great on record. But they just don't deliver live, and they're relatively boring to watch.

I don't know if I'd call them totally boring live, Tunde brings a good amount of energy...but I do think they are one of those bands whose vocal quirks and production sensibility are very, very difficult to reproduce live.

I'll definitely check them out, but as with others here, way more excited to see the other band of the year, Fleet Foxes, who totally deliver their simple songs live.

marcus pinn
02-09-2009, 01:44 PM
this thread is great. now i know i'll have plenty of room to spread out and enjoy tv on the radio's set.
great! the more people that dont like them, the better. more room for me.

PotVsKtl
02-09-2009, 01:45 PM
Great!

natelan
02-09-2009, 02:24 PM

Dale, no offense, but you are the single most inanely discontented person I've come across on the internet.

BrickTop24
02-09-2009, 02:50 PM
i'm sad to hear so many people bag on their live set...yet comforted by those who have good things to say

been a BIG fan fr4om the beginning and just finally got ahold of "dear science" and am loving it

i haven't gotten to see them live yet so i was very excited to see them on the lineup

you'll enjoy their set. i dont know why people are saying they're horrible live. i think they're phenominal to watch. im actually listenin to Dear Science right now.

Sonicifyouwantit
02-09-2009, 05:27 PM
Euggh... Golden Age was definitely not good on SNL though.

Ive never seen a good performance of any band on snl...something about it. just saps the energy from the live performance.

saw tv at the fonda theater for return to cookie mountian and they were great live. it actually made me a bigger fan of them which I look forward to when I see a group. definitely seeing them since I couldnt make their last la show.

thedevious
02-09-2009, 06:48 PM

That performance was my introduction to the band and I will not be seeking them out.

BrickTop24
02-09-2009, 06:58 PM
listenin to their ep Young Liars right now.

Drinkey McDrinkerstein
02-09-2009, 07:40 PM
Ive never seen a good performance of any band on snl...something about it. just saps the energy from the live performance.

It's true...SNL is the absolute worst way to judge a band. I have seen hundreds of SNL performances and they pretty all are terrible. The sound for tha stage is ludicrously bad as well

TBrown33
02-09-2009, 08:14 PM
That performance was my introduction to the band and I will not be seeking them out.

That's just straight up not fair.

cfritz75
02-09-2009, 10:50 PM
I apparently missed them both at Coachella & Sasquatch 06? I wasn't really into them then but Dear Science has me sold. The SNL performance was lackluster - that said I will absolutely be seeking them out.

Sunset slot mainstage please!!

zenidogx
02-09-2009, 11:32 PM
TV on the Radio on Colbert!

yay! will report back at 12:01am

gmoneyak
02-09-2009, 11:41 PM
I don't know if I'd call them totally boring live, Tunde brings a good amount of energy...but I do think they are one of those bands whose vocal quirks and production sensibility are very, very difficult to reproduce live.

I agree with this to a point. I saw them at Treasure Island '08 as well and thought they put on a stellar show, but I could see how the fuzziness placed on their instruments could throw people off. For me, it all blends together very well with the uniqueness of their vocals and energy.

sidsjiff
02-09-2009, 11:49 PM
saw them at coachella '06 and was pretty disappointed. maybe i was too hyped for them i don't know .. but the fact that clap your hands say yeah was actually a better performance than them reflects poorly on them in my opinion (my memory's shot but what i recall was that CYHSY came on right before TVOTR in mojave - and i don't really like clap your hands too much) what really annoyed me was how they literally seemed disinterested in the crowd and more interested in posing -- turning their backs on everyone and seeming a bit uppity about the whole thing. maybe they've improved since then? love the albums, but live it was not riveting by any stretch.

what i think is telling about a band's live act is whether people seemed to WANT to see them live at coachella. there may have been a few people hoping for TVOTR but i don't think they're a make or break band for coachella.

something i do recall vividly about that day in '06 -- Wolfmother just blowing the roof off of Mojave a bit later on. wouldn't that be an interesting add-on for Saturday?

Rockstarboy37
02-09-2009, 11:50 PM
They're on the Colbert Report right now.

JSam67
02-09-2009, 11:51 PM
Wolfmother broke up, sidsjiff.

And TVOTR was dreadful at Red Rocks last fall. No desire to see them again, although Dancing Choose was pretty decent on SNL last week (but I can't imagine that sounding very good without horns).

zenidogx
02-09-2009, 11:53 PM
zomg Colbert mentioned Coachella!

Rockstarboy37
Wolfmother broke up, sidsjiff.

Fuck!

zenidogx
the Colbert bump

cfritz75
02-09-2009, 11:56 PM
did I miss it already...crap I forgot Daily Show was only 30 minutes.

zenidogx
they havent performed yet

Rockstarboy37
I think they'll play a quick song.

cfritz75
02-09-2009, 11:57 PM
phew

Rockstarboy37
02-09-2009, 11:58 PM
Sounds way better than SNL

cfritz75
02-09-2009, 11:59 PM
LOVE it

zenidogx
02-09-2009, 11:59 PM
Dancing Choose ftw!

fucking excited to see them.

marcus pinn
02-10-2009, 06:40 AM
wow, this thread sure turned around quickly.

Rockstarboy37
02-10-2009, 06:44 AM
http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/wikiality/images/f/fc/Colbertbump.gif

Rockstarboy37
02-10-2009, 06:45 AM
What I just don't understand is why he has so much trouble always singing the first part of dancing choose. It's not that hard.

Sonicifyouwantit
02-10-2009, 02:51 PM

you may not intend to but you'll probably end up wandering over there and staying for a few songs. its just the way coachella works

inutil
02-10-2009, 03:06 PM
saw them at a festival in 06... they sucked. but I love their albums. oh yeah... I think they were a last minute addition to the lineup and they were written down on the schedule as "Tv on the Road" and during their show some guy yelled... "Man I love me some Tv on the road... but you guys suck"

humanoid
02-10-2009, 03:32 PM

saw tv at the fonda theater for return to cookie mountian and they were great live. it actually made me a bigger fan of them which I look forward to when I see a group. definitely seeing them since I couldnt make their last la show.

I don't know why it is, but almost every single performance I've ever watched on SNL has been shitty...

TV on the Radio has improved tremendously in their live shows over the last year or so, saw them a few times in 05/06 and they were pretty good, but they're great now

sidsjiff
02-10-2009, 11:51 PM
Still not too hyped for TVOTR but we'll see.

Wolfmother appears to be entering a 2nd incarnation? Broke up or something else?

http://www.wolfmother.com/

For what it's worth, Wolfmother is scheduled to perform in Adelaide 22 March -- an afterrace concert at the Clipsal 500 (as are the Presets 2 days before):

http://www.clipsal500.com.au/2009-bring-it-on/concerts.html

Genedefekt
02-11-2009, 12:51 AM
Wow. That WAS a hell of a lot better on Colbert than on SNL. But I already knew they had the ability to perform that song well a la Letterman. Would like to see them pull off a couple other songs before deciding to make a go of it at coachella.

JSam67
02-11-2009, 12:54 AM
They can't.

redthreat
02-11-2009, 10:03 AM
saw the rerun. that was pretty awesome. looking forward to the sunset slot they deserve.

BrickTop24
02-11-2009, 10:24 AM
does anyone have a favorite song off of Dear Science? for me its "Halfway Home".

iloveorangejuice
02-11-2009, 12:38 PM
i don't get what so good about them. listened to their latest album like 4 times already. don't get why its supposed to be good

humanoid
02-11-2009, 12:46 PM
does anyone have a favorite song off of Dear Science? for me its "Halfway Home".

Mine is DLZ most of the time, but the entire album is pretty damn solid

i don't get what so good about them. listened to their latest album like 4 times already. don't get why its supposed to be good

It's not supposed to be good, some of us find it to be good, I find it to be great...apparently it doesn't appeal to you

darkjustice
02-11-2009, 12:48 PM
TV ON THE RADIO WILL DESTROY

cubrocker
02-11-2009, 01:11 PM
i still listen to Desperate Youth, Blood Thirsty Babes more than any other TVOTR record... is there something wrong with me? i just think its the best.

CrimesceneCookie
02-11-2009, 01:15 PM
That one is great, but Cookie Mountain is just incredible, especially Wash the Day Away.

gUhODQZFfDQ

BrickTop24
02-11-2009, 02:14 PM
That one is great, but Cookie Mountain is just incredible, especially Wash the Day Away.

gUhODQZFfDQ

Cookie Mountain's my favorite one as well. but A Method is probibly my favorite track.

TallGuyCM
02-18-2009, 12:15 PM

"Crying". Easily in my Top 5 most excited to see Coachella bands.

garrett222
05-14-2009, 06:50 PM
How does everyone rank the TV on the Radio albums....I've only heard the last two...is the first one worth owning?

FoxeyLady
05-14-2009, 08:08 PM
I LOVE TV on the Radio here is my ranking of their albums:

1. Return To Cookie Mountain - after the first listen of this album from start to finish (with a nice joint of purple kush) my life changed and I became a TVOTR fan for life.

2. Dear Science - Only just barely better than their first album (really should be a tie). Love the funky dance vibe on it.

3. Desperate Youth, Blood Thirsty Babes - Contains the best song of theirs: Staring at the Sun. Bottom line amazing album.

4. OK Calculator - If, and only if, you absolutely love TVotR this is another great album. Only for the diehards.

*SURREAL*
05-14-2009, 09:14 PM
this was a must see artist for this year , and i wasnt moved at all . i will continue to listen to their studio work , but live was not good .

Still-ill
05-14-2009, 09:18 PM
this was a must see artist for this year , and i wasnt moved at all . i will continue to listen to their studio work , but live was not good .

I thought they were good live, better than usual at least. I enjoyed it.

ArcadeParade
05-15-2009, 04:30 AM
Seeing them in 15 days. But I think I am getting more excited to see their opener...

Dirty Projectors!

cubrocker
05-15-2009, 02:21 PM
I LOVE TV on the Radio here is my ranking of their albums:

1. Return To Cookie Mountain - after the first listen of this album from start to finish (with a nice joint of purple kush) my life changed and I became a TVOTR fan for life.

2. Dear Science - Only just barely better than their first album (really should be a tie). Love the funky dance vibe on it.

3. Desperate Youth, Blood Thirsty Babes - Contains the best song of theirs: Staring at the Sun. Bottom line amazing album.

4. OK Calculator - If, and only if, you absolutely love TVotR this is another great album. Only for the diehards.

hrmmm my ranking is quite different.

1. Desperate Youth, Blood Thirsty Babes
2. Dear Science
3. Cookie Mountain
4. OK Calculator (which i absolutely love but you cant take it too seriously haha- it shouldnt really be counted in the ranking)

Alligator Bogaloo
05-25-2009, 08:52 AM
http://coachella.com/forum/picture.php?albumid=118&pictureid=1007

Mickjagger00
09-15-2009, 07:39 PM
I'm glad I some them there set was perfect. what sucked was during wolf like me the crowd needed to be rowdier

Jef-free
09-16-2009, 11:33 AM

Stork & Owl

guest-1185
09-16-2009, 05:34 PM
Crying. Amazing track.

Mammoth85
09-16-2009, 07:34 PM
It has to be said.

I love these guys. Their studio work is simply brilliant. And "Dear Science" is a masterpiece. However, I have seen these guys twice, and I was disappointed both times.

The first time in San Diego, we were super close, and the sound quality was terrible. I couldn't even tell what they were playing for the first 3 songs. That aside, they seemed really energetic, especially Tunde. But overall, not impressive.

I gave them the benefit of the doubt considering they're one of my favorite bands. Saw them again in Pomona last April, and again, not impressive. I haven't seen too many bands that I totally love not deliver live, but TVoTR did. Pretty sad about it. I'd probably watch them again if it's at a festival just cause I love their music. But not expecting too much anymore.

Mammoth85
09-16-2009, 07:35 PM
Love Dog

alex gardner
09-17-2009, 11:22 AM
TV On The Radio To Go On Hiatus
Frontman Tunde Adebimpe says the band wants to take a break after more than a year of touring.

Since releasing their Dear Science album last September to much fanfare and acclaim, TV on the Radio have basically lived on the road.

They've played gigs from Brooklyn to Berlin, and, not surprisingly, they've grown a bit homesick as a result. Which is probably why, when we spoke to frontman Tunde Adebimpe backstage at last weekend's Outside Lands Festival in San Francisco, he had a bit of news he was itching to announce.

"This was the last show for us, for a while," he said. "We've decided to take, well, the going theory is to take about a year off, because you have to go and live a life and change things up."

Which means, for the next year, things will be quiet in the TVOTR camp, as Adebimpe and his bandmates attempt to readjust to life at home a process that involves disconnecting from each other, which, after a year spent traveling in a bus together, is sort of a good thing.

"We've been on tour for almost a year now, and towards the end of the year, you do end up getting things out during the show, subliminally, that you can't get out with someone on a bus," Adebimpe laughed. "Because you can say something to someone on the bus, and then after you've let it out, you realize you've got six hours sitting across from that person. Like, 'Remember when I called you a d--- a while ago? That was just, uh, caffeine and all sorts of sleep depravation talking, and I really didn't mean it, and I hope you don't take it to heart, even though I can tell that you are because you're not talking to me.' It's basic cabin fever."

If you think the last thing the guys in TVOTR would want to do is focus on music during their hiatus, you really don't know the guys in TVOTR. Guitarist/singer Kyp Malone is preparing to release a solo record under the nom de disc Rain Machine on September 22, and multi-instrumentalist/producer Dave Sitek is putting the finishing touches on an album he helmed for Brooklyn-based Israeli outfit Pink Noise.

As Adebimpe puts it, they don't know any other way to operate even if they are on hiatus.

"The funny thing about this band is that I feel like everyone's amazed that we're on tour, and that we're even a band," he said. "Because, if you'd asked all four of us six years ago if we'd want to be in a band, unanimously, it would be like, 'Well maybe for three weeks, yeah.' It's great we've been able to do it for so long, but everyone's kind of got other projects they want to tend to."

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1620723/20090903/tv_on_the_radio.jhtml

drewskeee
12-09-2014, 11:09 AM
With the shows in San Diego and LA at the beginning of April, does that rule them out or confirm their appearance?

Drinkey McDrinkerstein
12-09-2014, 11:21 AM
Rules them out.

arsgunner
12-09-2014, 02:10 PM
finally glad to see a ton of artists realize playing brochella is not what it use to be..unless you want to get paid and play infront of people with awful taste in music

Jakedeez
12-23-2014, 03:55 PM
They kicked ass at Tres Island this year.

nyarlathotoats
12-23-2014, 05:08 PM
Unfortunately they will not be at Coachella due to the show(s) in LA and San Diego. It would have been a great addition, but alas it wasn't meant to be