PDA

View Full Version : My Bloody Valentine will DESTROY The Cure

Malachi the Toad
02-06-2009, 11:11 AM
I was at both of My Bloody Valentine's NYC shows in September, so believe me when I say that there's NO WAY The Cure will be able to follow them. You'll be so dazed by Shield's noise wizardry that you won't care what shade of lipstick Robert Smith is wearing. They should consider making MBV headliner. No one can follow them.

ShyGuy75
02-06-2009, 11:12 AM
TRUTH

beavington
02-06-2009, 11:12 AM
Although the Cure have a much bigger following so they bring the money in.

a friend of mine keeps talking up MBV and i am very curious to hear them, i am not a fan of their recorded music...its just not my style but i am sure ilve they will be great, especially if they are really loud.

Malachi the Toad
02-06-2009, 11:14 AM
Although the Cure have a much bigger following so they bring the money in.

Once MBV stops playing it won't matter.

Rockstarboy37
02-06-2009, 11:14 AM
nobody will be able to hear the cure after MBV.

Typical cure fan

http://media.filmschoolrejects.com/images/ledger-joker.jpg

sbessiso
02-06-2009, 11:15 AM
nobody will be able to hear the cure after MBV

I wish people would stop saying this. :( :( :(

fac429
02-06-2009, 11:16 AM
Hmmm... on one hand, the Cure are the headlining act and are somewhat known for playing late, past curfew, etc. On the other hand, there is precedent for a 'headlining' band NOT being the last band on the main stage (see NIN/Blackstar, 2005) and Robert Smith is actually a huge MBV fan so I don't know how upset he'd be about playing before them. Still, I think MBV after the Cure is a longshot, even if it means we'll all be too deaf to hear the Cure...

Rockstarboy37
02-06-2009, 11:19 AM
people in the front row are fucked even with earplugs. I don't know how the band does it every night.

MissingPerson
02-06-2009, 11:21 AM
MBV are unbelievably overrated as a live experience.

Also, I don't think, at any point, the two bands have to fight. I don't think that's how Coachella works, although I'm open to correction.

Malachi the Toad
02-06-2009, 11:22 AM
people in the front row are fucked even with earplugs. I don't know how the band does it every night.

Apparently they all have major hearing problems. Shields can't even stand the sound of plates clattering together. I hope to get there someday.

MarkO
02-06-2009, 11:29 AM
MBV are unbelievably overrated ....

Fullstop.

Malachi the Toad
02-06-2009, 11:50 AM

Also, I don't think, at any point, the two bands have to fight. I don't think that's how Coachella works, although I'm open to correction.

I love your post. You start off being as hostile and contrary as you could possibly be in your first two sentences. You go after MBV then you go after the thread itself. But you really get me with the last sentence where you decide you still want people to think you're being reasonable, so you open your post up to argument while casting doubt upon anyone who could disagree with you. Bravo.

A.W.E.S.O.M.-O 4000
02-06-2009, 11:51 AM
I hope they systematically destroy each other, saving us all from the parade of 35+ year olds wearing mascera. oh, and the sad grungies.

Alchemy
02-06-2009, 11:57 AM
The Cure is going to be amazing. We can't doubt that. Look at their catalogue. It's amazing.

That being said, the only reason I wouldn't see My Bloody Valentine is if they conflicted with either The Cure or Paul Weller, and I'm pretty sure those conflicts will not exist. I'm not super big on My Bloody Valentine's music, but they sort of have sentimental significance to me.

MissingPerson
02-06-2009, 12:12 PM
I love your post. You start off being as hostile and contrary as you could possibly be in your first two sentences. You go after MBV then you go after the thread itself. But you really get me with the last sentence where you decide you still want people to think you're being reasonable, so you open your post up to argument while casting doubt upon anyone who could disagree with you. Bravo.

Mm, I'm a right cunt that way alright.

NightGoat
02-06-2009, 12:14 PM
The Cure is going to be amazing. We can't doubt that. Look at their catalogue. It's amazing.

That's some pretty solid reasoning there...

summerkid
02-06-2009, 12:20 PM
I didn't wear earplugs when i saw them in LA until the holocaust but in order to save my ears for the Cure I'll make sure I bring some/wear them during the whole set.

obzen
02-06-2009, 12:43 PM
hey folks,is this really necessary?

for the record-i jock both My Bloody Valentine and The Cure for their respective sonic palettes

but really,is this necessary,really?

Malachi the Toad
02-06-2009, 12:47 PM
hey folks,is this really necessary?

for the record-i jock both My Bloody Valentine and The Cure for their respective sonic palettes

but really,is this necessary,really?

Yes.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
02-06-2009, 01:00 PM

whoa whoa whoa whoa!!!! Overrated? plz explain.

MissingPerson
02-06-2009, 01:03 PM
I saw them without the benefit of drugs. And you know what?

Not all that.

Cool, but... not all that.

Rockstarboy37
02-06-2009, 01:04 PM
yeah overrated? the only reason I found out about my bloody valentine was because of my sister. Other than her and this messageboard nobody I know talks about them.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
02-06-2009, 01:05 PM
I saw them without the benefit of drugs. And you know what?

Not all that.

Cool, but... not all that.

I have never done drugz. ever. Crazy huh?

obzen
02-06-2009, 01:09 PM

Crazy is subjective

A.W.E.S.O.M.-O 4000
02-06-2009, 01:09 PM

that's actually very believable.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
02-06-2009, 01:12 PM
that's actually very believable.

nihonjin deki masu ka?

A.W.E.S.O.M.-O 4000
02-06-2009, 01:16 PM
nihonjin deki masu ka?

chioowa ting kantu.

AlecEiffel
02-06-2009, 01:17 PM
Is the volume really going to be deafening in the gigantic out door setting?

A.W.E.S.O.M.-O 4000
02-06-2009, 01:23 PM
Is the volume really going to be deafening in the gigantic out door setting?

no, these people are fucking stupid.

however, in their defense you'll be surrounded by loud noise for several hours on end so eventually any and everything will be deafening.

gooftroop
02-06-2009, 01:35 PM
Let us hope! The two times I saw the Cure I was not blown away, I will surely be skipping them this year. Hopefully GV gives us a quality Sahara closer that night...

I can't wait for MBV!!

CalmerThanYou
02-06-2009, 01:37 PM
OMGZZZZ!!!! MBV IS SOOOOOO LOUD!!!!! HOW KEWL!!!!!!!!!

MissingPerson
02-06-2009, 01:39 PM

Goddammit, I wish this was what I said.

Sonicifyouwantit
02-06-2009, 01:40 PM
I was at both of My Bloody Valentine's NYC shows in September, so believe me when I say that there's NO WAY The Cure will be able to follow them. You'll be so dazed by Shield's noise wizardry that you won't care what shade of lipstick Robert Smith is wearing. They should consider making MBV headliner. No one can follow them.

kind of depends what you are in the mood for at the time.

Sonicifyouwantit
02-06-2009, 01:41 PM

damn calmer almost 6k posts.

Rockstarboy37
02-06-2009, 01:41 PM
The record holder for loudest band is supposedly Manowar. I hear Rush and AC/DC are pretty loud too. I saw Rush, not that loud.

Manowar is supposed to be worse for your ears than a jet plane engine. haha

A.W.E.S.O.M.-O 4000
02-06-2009, 01:48 PM
damn calmer almost 6k posts.

wow! congratulations man! what a soon-to-be HUGE accomplishment! my god was this worthy of attention!

Mockingbird73
02-06-2009, 01:51 PM
Saw them last year. Totally overrated. Loud as fuck, but loud does not mean good. it was actually hard to distinguish the songs.

In fact, the only bands that I have ever seen that have actually made my hair move more than MBV was Psychic TV and Ministry...but they were good.

A.W.E.S.O.M.-O 4000
02-06-2009, 01:53 PM
tool is pretty fucking loud, even for their '06 coachella set.

TheWatcher
02-06-2009, 02:03 PM
The record holder for loudest band is supposedly Manowar. I hear Rush and AC/DC are pretty loud too. I saw Rush, not that loud.

Manowar is supposed to be worse for your ears than a jet plane engine. haha

I saw Rush, not sure what year... '79 or '80? Loudest show I have ever been to. My ears were ringing for 3 days. They had stacks of amps about 15 feet on each side of the stage.

BTW, the screams of the teenyboppers at the Hanson concert were also louder than a jet engine.

CalmerThanYou
02-06-2009, 02:08 PM
wow! congratulations man! what a soon-to-be HUGE accomplishment! my god was this worthy of attention!

shut the fuck up donny.

Edmontonian
02-06-2009, 02:15 PM
I really don't think this should be a competition. The two bands will complement each other perfectly, making for quite possibly the best back-to-back concert pairing imaginable.
I saw The Cure at sasquatch and I was front row, 3 feet from the stage, and I gotta say, from that close the show was really quite incredible, in my top 5 best shows of all time, alongside the likes of daft punk, radiohead, soulwax, and of course our man Roger Waters. I could actually see everything their guitarist, Porl Thompson, was doing and on a lot of those grimier tracks, he was doing things to his guitar and making sounds with such power and precision that I was in absolute awe. I maintain that he is definitely the number one greatest guitar player I've ever seen, over Prince, Clapton, Frusciante, Mccready, Marr, Townshend, even Greenwood (though he does a lot more than just play guitar that makes him oh so very special :-). That said, I've never seen My Bloody Valentine so I guess I'm just in to get my mind fucked on sunday, hope they live up to all the hype you guys have give him.

Oh yeah, check out Porl Thompson's sweet guitar. Probably my favourite guitar ever too, but that's mostly because he was playing it.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=553572&id=512913995

Edmontonian
02-06-2009, 02:17 PM
The photo I just put up of Porl doesn't seem to be working so follow this link to see the guitar:

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=553610&l=9e147&id=512913995

Monklish
02-06-2009, 02:18 PM
Seriously, My Bloody Valentine is unlistenable garbage. Nobody will be able to hear after them because people will be clawing their fucking ears out just to prevent ever having to be exposed to such tripe again.

A.W.E.S.O.M.-O 4000
02-06-2009, 02:20 PM
shut the fuck up donny.

defend thy duderen, fuck ass.

amyzzz
02-06-2009, 02:40 PM
I'm looking forward to seeing MBV, but the loudness issues are offputting. I don't know why it needs to be so loud to be pretty.

guest-5666
02-06-2009, 02:44 PM
kt7BifPySac&hl=en&fs=1

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
02-06-2009, 03:07 PM
chioowa ting kantu.

nandaro!

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
02-06-2009, 03:09 PM
Seriously, My Bloody Valentine is unlistenable garbage. Nobody will be able to hear after them because people will be clawing their fucking ears out just to prevent ever having to be exposed to such tripe again.

randall get the cock out of your vagina.

ShyGuy75
02-06-2009, 03:09 PM

huh?

have you ever listened to their entire disc front to back more than once, monklish? i know you were in diapers when they were around but...actually, no...its not even worth it. Now that I know what you look like, I will be on the hunt for you at Coachella. after i find you, you won't be able to hear or see for the rest of the weekend. trust me on that. nice hat, tool.

Tylerdurden31
02-06-2009, 03:17 PM
huh?

have you ever listened to their entire disc front to back more than once, monklish? i know you were in diapers when they were around but...actually, no...its not even worth it. Now that I know what you look like, I will be on the hunt for you at Coachella. after i find you, you won't be able to hear or see for the rest of the weekend. trust me on that. nice hat, tool.

funniest post ever

Rockstarboy37
02-06-2009, 03:17 PM
i never said they were good I just said they were loud

i'm really kind of neutral on them at the moment

Monklish
02-06-2009, 03:30 PM
huh?

The entire disc front to back? Oh my god, no. Not even close. How could you possibly do that? WHY would you possibly do that? That's like me saying I don't like it when burning hot red embers fly into my eyes and you respond, "But have you ever let an entire cigarette burn all the way down directly into your cornea?"

nationocean
02-06-2009, 03:30 PM
i just want to listen to when you sleep and realise in the desert. shit my pants. then go home.

Malachi the Toad
02-06-2009, 03:33 PM
tool is pretty fucking loud, even for their '06 coachella set.

Tool? Tool??? You think they're "pretty loud" and you say MBV fans don't know what we're talking about. Bomb dude.

Monklish
02-06-2009, 03:35 PM
Perhaps they sacrifice loudness for actual musicianship. What a notion.

Malachi the Toad
02-06-2009, 03:38 PM
Perhaps they sacrifice loudness for actual musicianship. What a notion.

Yeah, I hear that notion a lot out of high school kids and trust-fund hippies.

nothingisnothing
02-06-2009, 03:38 PM
Dude My Bloody Valentine fucking sucks, they're just noize lolllll!

NightGoat
02-06-2009, 04:06 PM
Why's that a bad thing?

Monklish
02-06-2009, 04:07 PM

Or anyone that wants their music to actually sound like music.

Malachi the Toad
02-06-2009, 04:10 PM
Or anyone that wants their music to actually sound like music.

...And you have the same definition of music as high school kids and trust-fund hippies. Yeah, I think we're on the same page.

MissingPerson
02-06-2009, 04:32 PM
Trust fund hippy. Yeah, you got his number alright...

A.W.E.S.O.M.-O 4000
02-06-2009, 04:35 PM
yay for sad grungies!

DRcube
02-06-2009, 04:36 PM
...And you have the same definition of music as high school kids and trust-fund hippies. Yeah, I think we're on the same page.

http://i596.photobucket.com/albums/tt49/Megamosher117/WIN.jpg

Monklish
Yes, you're right. Everyone who doesn't like My Bloody Valentine is clearly a teenager or a rich hippie.

nothingisnothing
Why's that a bad thing?

Mmm. I thought I was being sarcastic enough in my post :|

I've heard people say just that though

And guys, it's not a matter of them being loud. It's that their music is good too. And the intensity of the sound further pushes the soundscapes and atmospheres they are out to create. Fuck if I'd wanna hear Rush at 130 db

Lurker_in_a_tree
randy's too busy sucking jackstraw's dick with his face buried in potvskettle's ass to know what he likes.

Monklish
02-06-2009, 04:38 PM
Their "music" is not music. It's the clamor of the talentless making up for their lack of abilities by turning the amps up.

Malachi the Toad
02-06-2009, 04:51 PM
Their "music" is not music. It's the clamor of the talentless making up for their lack of abilities by turning the amps up.

You know nothing. Have a fun night with your OAR albums.

A.W.E.S.O.M.-O 4000
02-06-2009, 04:53 PM
You know nothing. Have a fun night with your OAR albums.

OMGBURN

CalmerThanYou
02-06-2009, 04:55 PM
Now that I know what you look like, I will be on the hunt for you at Coachella. after i find you, you won't be able to hear or see for the rest of the weekend. trust me on that. nice hat, tool.

HAHAHHAHHA!!!!!!!!!! SPURES CATCHING A BEAT DOWN ON RANDYS TAB!!!!!!!!

Monklish
02-06-2009, 04:55 PM
The fuck is OAR? Can't you fucking dorks even find references anybody gives a shit about when you're mocking?

Bud Luster
02-06-2009, 04:57 PM
shitty taste in music is shitty taste in music Monk. You expect too much here.

gooftroop
02-06-2009, 05:23 PM
Loveless is a beautiful record, pointless arguing against those who see otherwise. I think MBV's show will be one to remember, not just for being loud but for being unique, gorgeous and haunting.

Not for everyone though of course. To others why don't you go see PB&J or Christopher Lawrence. I'm sure that will be more your speed.

Seriously who is going to put on a better show at the same time as MBV?!

NightGoat
02-06-2009, 05:27 PM
The correct term you're looking for is self described music festival nut, not prescribed...unless you wrote a prescription to yourself that said music festival nut on it.

ELPOLLOLOCO
02-06-2009, 05:33 PM
I hope they systematically destroy each other, saving us all from the parade of 35+ year olds wearing mascera. oh, and the sad grungies.

try 45+ year olds wearing mascara...

CurableOkie
02-06-2009, 06:31 PM
As much as I hate posting in such a dead thread

I was listening to Disintegration & Kiss Me Kiss Me Kiss Me & Head On the Door last night. Man it got me excited about seeing The Cure again.

I imagine The Cure will close the main stage. Since it's a festival, I expect one of their series of encores (i've heard them doing 5 encores before) with a lot of their poppier songs, given the festival environment. That will be a great ending to Coachella!

But just the same I have Loveless & Isn't Anything on constant rotation lately in my car. Needless to say, I'm psyched to see both, hopefully back to back.

Guess what, it's OK to like two bands that don't share the same musical styling. This is the Coachella mantra.

Thank you.

OAR blows.

Memorial_07
02-06-2009, 07:03 PM
I don't know who I'm siding for on this

I like the Cure's music more, but MBV is MBV

I Fuckin' hate decisions

erndisco
02-06-2009, 07:11 PM
can someone tell me some good songs from my bloody valentine?

i have yet to find one i like, but it sounds like theyre amazing, so i really wanna find a good one.

jazzz
02-06-2009, 07:25 PM
both are fucking amazing... this thread is like saying Jarvis Cocker will destroy Leonard Cohen.

Memorial_07
02-06-2009, 07:30 PM

i have yet to find one i like, but it sounds like theyre amazing, so i really wanna find a good one.

try Blown A Wish

Jman4321
02-06-2009, 07:37 PM
try 45+ year olds wearing mascara...

http://cache.boston.com/resize/bonzai-fba/Globe_Photo/2008/05/13/1210653875_0767/539w.jpg

Memorial_07
02-06-2009, 07:37 PM
That is a little creepy...

but I don't care about looks. Just music

saxomophone
02-06-2009, 07:42 PM

I say listen to these ones first...
Soon
When You Sleep
Off Your Face
You Made Me Realise

erndisco
02-06-2009, 07:52 PM

that offends me.
why does everybody fucking bag on highschool kids?
i'm in high school and i grew up listening to good fucking music my whole life.
were not all the fucking same.

Memorial_07
02-06-2009, 07:53 PM
Because most high school kids have a horrible taste in music

I'm in high school too and I know I'm way more open minded and have better taste than a bunch of these fuckin' hipsters nowadays.

erndisco
02-06-2009, 07:56 PM
you have a point.

i cant think of one person at my school who listens to really good shit.

Memorial_07
02-06-2009, 07:58 PM
same here. and if someone does, it's probably because I've showed them it

I know it sounds cocky as fuck but I've showed kids at my school some great music

erndisco
02-06-2009, 08:03 PM
dude.
if it weren't for me, my friends would still be listening to panic at the disco.

Memorial_07
02-06-2009, 08:03 PM
I'm glad I started off young.

Seven years old and singing Guerilla Radio

erndisco
02-06-2009, 08:10 PM
ditto.
getting down to jimi hendrix while playing with rubber duckies in the bathtub!!

but rage was always one of my faves.
wish i was there to see em when they played coachella.

Memorial_07
02-06-2009, 08:12 PM
Damn. I always thought that expression "Shivers down my spine" was exaggeration.

but when they started, I felt it.

although I was near the back, I still had that feeling throughout the whole show

erndisco
02-06-2009, 08:21 PM
thats what music does man.

im so jealous of you right now.

suprefan
02-06-2009, 08:24 PM

Like we didnt know?

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
02-06-2009, 08:26 PM

you know...they COULD just move MBV to coheadline with The Killers on Saturday and have them close out the night...

Memorial_07
02-06-2009, 08:28 PM
Yes that is true.

Then the Cure will get a longer set

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
02-06-2009, 08:30 PM
Yes that is true.

Then the Cure will get a longer set

true dat.

Memorial_07
02-06-2009, 08:32 PM
and best of all, everyone will be up for that.

Rockstarboy37
02-06-2009, 08:33 PM
I'm looking forward to not being able to hear the cure. Then I can get a nice nap in at the campgrounds before the after party

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
02-06-2009, 08:34 PM
and best of all, everyone will be up for that.

at least Saturday would have some firepower too...and they could put Pavement on Sunday before the Cure.

Memorial_07
02-06-2009, 08:36 PM
Sounds even better.

Someone big is bound to be added sooner or later

Pura Vida
02-06-2009, 11:57 PM
you know...they COULD just move MBV to coheadline with The Killers on Saturday and have them close out the night...

If they weren't planning for a late add for Saturday, I think that this would have already happened.

Drewski27
02-10-2009, 01:20 PM
or the killers could, you know, just not play . . . .
or you could let MBV cover all of the killers songs. . . .
or we can mix burning man with coachella and call it sean penn . . . .

Drewski27
02-10-2009, 01:22 PM
OMGBRITNEYSPEARSHEADLININGWITHTHEKILLERSOMGOMGOMGO MGOMG!!!!!!!!

sorry i ddidnt take my meds this morning

CrimesceneCookie
02-15-2009, 02:55 PM
was at Blowoff in SF last nite (bob mould's bear dance party).
good times.
anyways, him being very approachable, I met him afterwards, and I talked to him about Coachella, and he said that MBV will be closing the Outdoor stage Sunday nite.

Therefore erasing any potential conflict with Throbbing Gristle.
Great news for me, bad news for anyone torn between MBV and The Cure.

suprefan
02-15-2009, 02:58 PM
Uh huh, doubt anyone knows set times this far in advance.

CrimesceneCookie
02-15-2009, 03:01 PM
fuck if I know why he knows this, but I wasn't about to say "Hey Bob Mould, you're fucking wrong".
If it is wrong, feel free to be as snarky as you like, just passing along what I heard.
It makes perfect sense to me. How MBV can play anything other than a closing spot is beyond me.

TheGunner'sDream
02-15-2009, 03:36 PM
MBV is gonna have to pull off some tricks to top The Cure.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
02-15-2009, 03:38 PM
was at Blowoff in SF last nite (bob mould's bear dance party).
good times.
anyways, him being very approachable, I met him afterwards, and I talked to him about Coachella, and he said that MBV will be closing the Outdoor stage Sunday nite.

Therefore erasing any potential conflict with Throbbing Gristle.
Great news for me, bad news for anyone torn between MBV and The Cure.

MBV on the Outdoor would be the biggest Coachella fail since Jack Johnson as the headliner....The Outdoor theater cannot handle their sound....and the theater ALWAYS has sound issues...See: Air 07, Interpol 02, Arcade Fire 05.

Also, MBV on the outdoor would mean them conflicting would the Cure and I realy doubt that would happen...

psycobetabuckdown
02-15-2009, 04:24 PM
Wow, so biggest Coachella fail in...FIVE DAYS of Coachella? Man, there have been so many fails since then it's hard to imagine this one living up to it!

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
02-15-2009, 04:38 PM
Wow, so biggest Coachella fail in...FIVE DAYS of Coachella? Man, there have been so many fails since then it's hard to imagine this one living up to it!

wait what?

gruvlicius
02-15-2009, 04:39 PM

Actually, if you believe writer Chuck Klosterman, MBV are rated exactly as they should be:

(From an essay in Spin Magazine, 2004)
If you are the kind of person who talks about music too much, there are two words that undoubtedly play an integral role in your workaday lexicon: “overrated” and “underrated.” This is because those two sentiments pop up in 90 percent of all musical discussions.

However, I am not interested in overrated and underrated bands.

It’s too easy, and all it means is that somebody else was wrong. I’m obsessed with bands that are rated as accurately as possible—in other words, nobody thinks they’re better than they are, and nobody thinks they’re worse. They have the acceptable level of popularity, they have attained the critical acclaim their artistry merits, and no one is confused about their cultural significance. They are, in fact...

THE TEN MOST ACCURATELY RATED ARTISTS IN ROCK HISTORY!

#6. My Bloody Valentine: On the surface, My Bloody Valentine should be underrated, but they’re not; everyone who aggressively cares about alt guitar music considers Loveless to be a modern classic, and everyone who is wont to mention “swirling guitars” during casual conversation always references this specific album. Loveless sold about 200,000 copies. This is the correct number of people on earth who should be invested in the concept of swirling guitars.

**Lauren**

psycobetabuckdown
02-16-2009, 04:32 PM
wait what?

Oh cause the way you said that made it sound like Jack Johnson Fail was 5 years ago when it was just last year...between Friday of last year and Sunday of this year is only 5 days of actual Coachellaness. It's not important, nm.

psycobetabuckdown
02-16-2009, 04:35 PM
Actually, if you believe writer Chuck Klosterman, MBV are rated exactly as they should be:

(From an essay in Spin Magazine, 2004)
If you are the kind of person who talks about music too much, there are two words that undoubtedly play an integral role in your workaday lexicon: “overrated” and “underrated.” This is because those two sentiments pop up in 90 percent of all musical discussions.

However, I am not interested in overrated and underrated bands.

It’s too easy, and all it means is that somebody else was wrong. I’m obsessed with bands that are rated as accurately as possible—in other words, nobody thinks they’re better than they are, and nobody thinks they’re worse. They have the acceptable level of popularity, they have attained the critical acclaim their artistry merits, and no one is confused about their cultural significance. They are, in fact...

THE TEN MOST ACCURATELY RATED ARTISTS IN ROCK HISTORY!

#6. My Bloody Valentine: On the surface, My Bloody Valentine should be underrated, but they’re not; everyone who aggressively cares about alt guitar music considers Loveless to be a modern classic, and everyone who is wont to mention “swirling guitars” during casual conversation always references this specific album. Loveless sold about 200,000 copies. This is the correct number of people on earth who should be invested in the concept of swirling guitars.

**Lauren**

Haha thanks Lauren I love this quote.

guest-1185
02-16-2009, 04:52 PM
This thread is silly. Why not enjoy MBV and The Cure back to back? Yes, I've heard this "you'll be deaf after MBV" business, and don't quite see how that is a good thing.

psycobetabuckdown
02-16-2009, 05:06 PM
Because everything's a competition, duh

watch:

Fleet Foxes will fucking OWN Band of Horses

see?

MissingPerson
02-16-2009, 05:10 PM
watch:

see?

Hairiest showdown ever.

guest-1185
02-16-2009, 05:17 PM
Because everything's a competition, duh

watch:

see?

http://home.student.uu.se/anhe8197/can_t_we_all_just_get_along.jpg

MissingPerson
02-16-2009, 05:21 PM
Psychic Friend sez: "fuck you, penguin" (http://fuckyoupenguin.blogspot.com/2008/10/inaugural-address.html).

guest-1185
02-16-2009, 05:43 PM
Psychic Friend sez: "fuck you, penguin" (http://fuckyoupenguin.blogspot.com/2008/10/inaugural-address.html).
This must be one of those dark corners of the internet I hear so much about.

FUCK YOU, PENGUIN
A BLOG WHERE I TELL CUTE ANIMALS WHAT'S WHAT.

GODDAMMIT penguin. You think you are SO FUCKING CUTE. I'll show you, penguin. Maybe not today. But soon, penguin. Watch your adorable fucking back...
Sounds like Billy Madison blogging during a bad acid trip...

betao
02-16-2009, 05:43 PM
MBV on the Outdoor would be the biggest Coachella fail since Jack Johnson as the headliner....The Outdoor theater cannot handle their sound....and the theater ALWAYS has sound issues...See: Air 07, Interpol 02, Arcade Fire 05.

Also, MBV on the outdoor would mean them conflicting would the Cure and I realy doubt that would happen...

not necessarily. The Cure could go from 9-1030/1045 or something, and MBV could follow afterwards.

guest-1185
02-16-2009, 05:56 PM
^
MBV closing the festival? Seems possible to me. Not a bad idea actually.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
02-16-2009, 06:00 PM
just not on the Outdoor...

guest-1185
02-16-2009, 06:03 PM
Yeah, no way that happens. I can see a lot of people who are somewhat familiar with them wanting to see their set out of sheer curiosity, not unlike myself.

betao
02-16-2009, 06:11 PM
I would actually rather MBV close out the festival.

I mean, it just doesn't make sense to have something play after "you made me realise". It just doesnt!

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
02-16-2009, 06:19 PM
I would also prefer MBV to close out the festival...just not on the OUTDOOR!!!!

sbessiso
02-17-2009, 04:24 AM
^
MBV closing the festival? Seems possible to me. Not a bad idea actually.

Its a terrible idea!!!11!!1!!1

So the cure get their allotted time slot and then thats it, they cant do anything about it because MBV have to come on afterwards. Epic Lame. The idea that the cure wont close out the festival is madness and I wish Marco would stop with this nonsense. Theyre going to break curfew and its going to be spectacular

Pixiessp
02-17-2009, 06:09 AM
Its a terrible idea!!!11!!1!!1

So the cure get their allotted time slot and then thats it, they cant do anything about it because MBV have to come on afterwards. Epic Lame. The idea that the cure wont close out the festival is madness and I wish Marco would stop with this nonsense. Theyre going to break curfew and its going to be spectacular

si senor. :winkiss

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
02-17-2009, 06:45 AM
I wish Marco would stop with this nonsense. Theyre going to break curfew and its going to be spectacular

Listen Sir! I didn't start this nonsense! It was started by the guy who said Bob Mould told him MBV would close out the outdoor! I want it to go MBV ---> The Cure

Hey, Chella
02-17-2009, 07:03 AM
All you hipsters need to chill out on this My Bloody Tampon bullocks...The Cure is your daddy...and babies are being made when they play.

sbessiso
02-17-2009, 08:15 AM
si senor. :winkiss

Thank you so much for that PM. Believe it or not I havent had time yet to watch it but ill let you know once i do

betao
02-17-2009, 08:41 AM
I would rather have MBV play afterwards. Based on their music, it'd make more sense that way. I know that based on popularity, it wouldn't, but seriously. you can't have an act play after the holocaust section of YMMR. You just can't.

CrimesceneCookie
02-17-2009, 11:54 AM
^^^ what he said. Nothing can possibly follow You Made Me Realize. It is the only logical conclusion to Coachella 2009.

I think it's possible that Mould meant the outdoor Main stage, but the Cure likes to play for hours and hours and hours... (zzzzzz... I like the Cure but it is NOT the experience I am looking for in a festival) so I'm not sure how much time would be left for MBV...
As long as the sound is big enough on the outdoor stage, I would be totally happy with them being there.

gooftroop
02-17-2009, 03:21 PM
I just got my copies of Loveless and Isn't Anything on vinyl today (only $20!), can't wait for these guys! I would love if they closed out the fest too, but either way I'll be skipping the Cure.

send me ctrpllrs
02-17-2009, 03:32 PM
Coachella should end with MBV, I know I probably won't be up for more music after them.

I've only been listening to them since the lineup came out, but they are probably the act I am most looking forward to.

greghead
02-23-2009, 08:20 AM
Apparently they all have major hearing problems. Shields can't even stand the sound of plates clattering together. I hope to get there someday.

This doesn't make sense . . . if his ear drums have been perforated by years of deafening sonic experimentation, would he even be able to hear plates clattering? Much less be grated by the sound?