PDA

View Full Version : COACHELLA 2009 LOOKS REALLY AWESOME!!! I WILL BE ATTENDING ALL 3 DAYS!!

Jman4321
02-01-2009, 01:06 PM
In lieu of the yearly phenomenon of so many people bitching about the "disappointing" line-up, I would like to add a thread of balance. I was excited from the moment I saw the line-up posted and am without a doubt attending days. Besides The Killers I am thrilled by the headliners (and realize why that band is a big draw as well) and am hoping for a nice set of additions. Post why you're delighted and resist the flow of premature hatred!

johnnystar
02-01-2009, 01:09 PM
same here i m attending all 3 days no matter what i like the lineup too

HandBanana
02-01-2009, 01:10 PM
I was disappointed (as I am every year) but that dissipated rather quickly and now Im rampin up on the happy.

Dr. Lufs-al-ot
02-01-2009, 01:11 PM
^ sameeeeeee

portisheadgrl88
02-01-2009, 01:11 PM
< 3 days too..im happy with the lineup too..=D

rskapcat
02-01-2009, 01:18 PM
I was pleased from the beginning, and my excitement is only increasing as I discover new acts on the lineup with which I wasn't familiar before. :)

AbundantChoice
02-01-2009, 01:27 PM
Yeah. I was super-psyched when the poster came out, and as I explore some of the bands I wasn't familiar with, i'm getting even more psyched.

bptalk2
02-01-2009, 01:29 PM
Agreed. I was ecstatic when I first saw the lineup. MBV and the Cure on the same night! That's going to be special. Now I'm still a little confused and dissappointed that the Killers are headlining but that quickly faded when I noticed TV on the Radio, Fleet Foxes, Band of Horses directly below them.

The people who dislike the lineup just need to broaden their musical horizons a bit. I love the fact that there are so many artists that I haven't heard of and one of the best things about coachella is discovering all of this new music at home now and then being able to see it live in a few months! Headliners are almost always overrated. so yeah. i'm in for 3 days for sure..and have been since day 1.

CrimesceneCookie
02-01-2009, 01:40 PM
I freaked out when I saw MBV and Throbbing Gristle. I was scratching my head at the lack of Sahara but I know the additions are coming.
Hell, one could spend the whole day at the Do Lab area and the music will probably be better than the Sahara anyways.

hendrixfan143
02-01-2009, 01:58 PM
tix and camp ground already purchased

Drknowph
02-01-2009, 02:09 PM
Just got my tickets
see yall there!!!!!!

im camping and attending all 3 days

getmunz
02-01-2009, 04:04 PM
Thank you for making this thread. I'm tired of people bitching about Coachella. I will be there and having the time of my life, despite who the headliners are. For the people who keep bitching about the lineup etc.. STAY THE FUCK HOME.

666 Cobra Clutch 666
02-01-2009, 04:05 PM
im only attending friday =D

whinywhiner
02-01-2009, 06:53 PM
losers

PurpleDanks
02-01-2009, 07:18 PM
I was actually thrilled about the lineup
much better initially than i felt it was last year

Iamjoeswastdlife
02-01-2009, 07:53 PM
No matter the lineup, I'm camping and going all 3 days... The experience is always great no matter what.

Stickjohn
02-01-2009, 09:33 PM
The people who dislike the lineup just need to broaden their musical horizons a bit. I love the fact that there are so many artists that I haven't heard of and one of the best things about coachella is discovering all of this new music at home now and then being able to see it live in a few months! Headliners are almost always overrated. so yeah. i'm in for 3 days for sure..and have been since day 1.

bptalk2 speaketh truth. There's still something comforting about headliners though. Like finding your car in the parking lot type relaxing.

TheColdWorld
02-01-2009, 10:29 PM
I can't wait. In the words of the Raiders: Fuck the Rest

dancedancedance
02-01-2009, 10:36 PM
So happy about the line up and will be there all three days!!! I can hardly contain my excitement!

IlliniQ
02-01-2009, 10:46 PM
Totally psyched,

Already more bands Friday and Sunday than I imagine I'll be able to catch even with minimal conflicts.

Saturday not as excited about top of the ticket, but tons of great Alt Country acts during the day and can't wait for Fleet Foxes and TV on the Radio.

Also, I find Tollett is actually always way ahead of the curve...a lot of the acts he had their last year (Santogold, Cut//Copy) hadn't even really built up momentum yet...I anticipate this year is the same...there's some bands on the poster who's new/first albums are still 6 weeks away from initial release that nobody recognizes now but will be a major part of best of 2009 discussion in December.

Am disappointed no Elbow or Deerhunter...really was hoping to catch those two, but no complaints about who's there...bottomline is very few acts that play Coachella are anything but first rate.

oftheheartofthesoul
02-01-2009, 10:49 PM
Just bought my Saturday ticket!!!!!!

ZackQ
02-02-2009, 10:22 AM
I was surprised with how much I liked this year's line up. As I've said in other posts, they got the hip hop right this year (Atmosphere, Public Enemy, Clipse, People Under the Stairs) and they did it up with sun set acts. Beirut and Fleet Foxes.

I'm down with My Bloody Valentine, YYYs, and Sir Paul at the top of the cards. Good line up this year for me.

moomoo
02-02-2009, 10:26 AM
3 day and camping purchased the day they went on sale :) gonna be the time of my life...

Edm2Coachella09
02-02-2009, 10:34 AM
Yeah, this is a good lineup!! I love it..
of course, it's not the best... but come on. It's solid!

TV on the Radio, Fleet Foxes, My Bloody Valentine, Leonard Cohen, Beruit, The Cure, YEAH YEAH YEAHS!!!!!!! Paul McCartney will put on an amazing set... he's no Radiohead.. Amy Whinehouse and The Killers are pretty popular - not my favorite, but they'll be decent. plus, who the fuck knows what Amy Trainwreck will do onstage!!! She's still a mess... it'll be fun to watch.

it's gonna be a sweet weekend in my opinion.

chiapet
02-02-2009, 10:48 AM
I freaked out when I saw MBV and Throbbing Gristle.

Yea, I had trouble getting past MBV, TG and the Cure all on the poster and ALL on the same day. It took me a few hours to digest that and even really see who else was playing. :) Definitely happy with this year and eager to start checking out some new bands.

zajaa
02-02-2009, 10:54 AM
i got a phonecall at 1am last week with the lineup, and it was better than i could have hoped for (especially after last year). all i wanted to be satisfied was morrissey, but the mega surprise double whammy of mbv / cure on sunday just pushed the lineup over the edge of awesome. not to mention the dozens of quality indie and electro acts filling out the bill each day. yes, we all wanted bowie, and from the sound of it, they have been trying. maybe next year? but for now, i say kudos, goldenvoice

Pura Vida
02-02-2009, 11:09 PM
I am extremely happy with the lineup. We already had the condo, so now it's simply a countdown until set-times (or late additions!).

digitalmau5
02-03-2009, 12:26 AM
I'll be there all 3 days. Already got my tickets!

Aurgasm
02-03-2009, 12:30 AM
Great lineup.

toilet
02-03-2009, 12:31 AM
Barring substantial injury, I will also be there for all three days.

Coachella Bound
02-03-2009, 01:04 AM
Went to the Glass House this evening and im officially IN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Picked up 5 three day passes, nothing like going into a store and dropping 1,400 cash.

Only shity thing is neither Glass House or Fingerprints got Camping Passes this year. Damn ticketmaster, oh well......

natelan
02-03-2009, 12:16 PM
Just bought my Saturday ticket!!!!!!

Saturday only...? That looks like my least favourite day of the bunch...

Who do you see on the lineup for Saturday that looks interesting...? I might have to follow your lead on some of the bands because other than The Killers and TV on the Radio, I don't see much of a reason to attend on Saturday...