PDA

View Full Version : What the killers will bring

justinwilson1987
01-31-2009, 06:52 PM
Alright I have to say I like the killers first CD. i'm not very fond of much after that. however, think about when they play "human" at coachella. that song is gonna bring the audience together and i think be one of the cooler moments of the weekend. think about hearing it live...it'll be cool trust me

obzen
01-31-2009, 06:56 PM
it takes no talent or ability to transcend their songs,and the hooks are cheap

just sayin'.

:yyablo

killsunshine
01-31-2009, 06:58 PM
they will bring the worst subheader ever, the jj douches back and the worst out of all of us.

brycerosen
01-31-2009, 06:58 PM
the killers will bring in a lot of hot chicks, so at least that will be tight

killsunshine
01-31-2009, 06:59 PM
hot chicks with no taste in music = not hot

obzen
01-31-2009, 06:59 PM

^this,is a smart man.

obzen
01-31-2009, 07:00 PM

^also smart.

AbundantChoice
01-31-2009, 07:01 PM
I think the Killers will divide us in two camps: "Human" and "Dancer", using the sound-tent halfway back as the great left-right divide. Then we will battle, Braveheart style, to decide what we are. They'll have to institute a 10-for-1 bloodpack recycling program to mimic the water one.

Human will of course win, because by Saturday night all the E and ketmaine and shrooms and whatnot will have taken it's toll on the Sahara-heads. Plus their feet will be tired, and those with energy will make the grave mistake of assuming house dancing is a valid system of combat.

I'd steer clear of those tektonic dancers though. Fast hands. If they team up with the jumpstylers and their bouncy feet... they might be a force to be reckoned with.

Rockstarboy37
01-31-2009, 07:02 PM
:yyablo

so True

MSTRKRFT FTW

killsunshine
01-31-2009, 07:03 PM
the funk? i think not. the rock? no. the rumpshakin? nope. the house down? most certainly not.

well if you sit through them i would imagine it would bring a feeling much like that after paying for sex with a very low-class female that is possibly a male... (or vice0versa depending on your sex).

nothingisnothing
01-31-2009, 07:04 PM
Hunter S. Thompson will hear the lyrics and come back to life, and the hipsters will cheer

obzen
01-31-2009, 07:05 PM
Braveheart style.

"...do it,and let the English see you do it..."

killsunshine
01-31-2009, 07:06 PM
Hunter S. Thompson will hear the lyrics and come back to life, and the hipsters will cheer

IF YOU EVER DISS ON HUNTER FUCKING THOMPSON AGAIN I WILL FIND YOU. motherfucker. keep it about music.

obzen
01-31-2009, 07:12 PM
HUNTER FUCKING THOMPSON

"...too strange to live,too rare to die..."

killsunshine
01-31-2009, 07:14 PM
well that'd be zeta acosta. but i get what you're saying. hunter is the shit and should never be called into a hipster diss. ever.

hobomilitia
01-31-2009, 07:34 PM
they definitely will not bring the crowd together with "human" because over half the crowd will not be watching them

TBrown33
01-31-2009, 07:38 PM
IF YOU EVER DISS ON HUNTER FUCKING THOMPSON AGAIN I WILL FIND YOU. motherfucker. keep it about music.

The "are we human or are we dancer" line in the Killers song was taken from a Hunter S. Thompson quote. If you're gonna threaten to find someone on the internet over bringing up Thompson, you should probably know that.

Rockstarboy37
01-31-2009, 07:43 PM
"When there's no where else to run is there room for one more sun?"

"Words are flying out like endless rain into a paper cup. They slither while they pass. They slip away across the universe."

Don't tell me those don't sound exactly alike when you sing it out loud. RIP OFF

You know they edited that out of the song for the single. Wonder why?

purplewaffles
01-31-2009, 07:47 PM
The Killers will bring many teenyboppers (myself included) to Coachella, only if their parents will let them go.

Jman4321
01-31-2009, 07:58 PM
I'd steer clear of those tektonic dancers though. Fast hands. If they team up with the jumpstylers and their bouncy feet... they might be a force to be reckoned with.

lol

C DUB YA
01-31-2009, 08:01 PM
That Human song is annoying.

Rockstarboy37
01-31-2009, 08:03 PM
I'd much rather listen to this
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/JZQmDSD3dWo&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/JZQmDSD3dWo&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

TheWatcher
01-31-2009, 08:20 PM
"When there's no where else to run is there room for one more sun?"

"Words are flying out like endless rain into a paper cup. They slither while they pass. They slip away across the universe."

Don't tell me those don't sound exactly alike when you sing it out loud. RIP OFF

You know they edited that out of the song for the single. Wonder why?

:confused:

So.. What are you trying to say? You're comparing lyrics in the Killers song to a classic Beatles song? One makes no sense and the other is poetic.

CitizenJ
01-31-2009, 08:23 PM
Are we really in store for another 2 1/2 month of music elitists whining about how the Killers are playing Coachella? I mean there are multiple stages, go see something else. I'm sure some lame, overhyped DJ will be playing some tent you can go cream in your pants over during the Killers set. You have all established how indie and cool you are by bashing the Killers, now move on.

killsunshine
01-31-2009, 08:24 PM
The "are we human or are we dancer" line in the Killers song was taken from a Hunter S. Thompson quote. If you're gonna threaten to find someone on the internet over bringing up Thompson, you should probably know that.

sorry i havent listened to the killers since high school. and you sound like a fucking idiot saying something like that... jesus... it's like saying a thompson fan should know avenged sevenfold because they named a song 'bat country.' a lot of shitty bands like hunter, he's a timeless writer. i dont think thompson would be flattered by the killers using his quotes, and i dont like him being associated with hipsters. enough said. sorry i'm not well read enough to know killers lyrics.

killsunshine
01-31-2009, 08:26 PM
Are we really in store for another 2 1/2 month of music elitists whining about how the Killers are playing Coachella? I mean there are multiple stages, go see something else. I'm sure some lame, overhyped DJ will be playing some tent you can go cream in your pants over during the Killers set. You have all established how indie and cool you are by bashing the Killers, now move on.

i can't speak for everyone, but the reason i hope for great acts as headliners is because of the production value of the main stage. great shows can happen there. or not.

obzen
01-31-2009, 08:27 PM

actually no,as it were

i just want another,better act to come along and put the killers where they belong,

in the sub-headliner spot:)

TBrown33
01-31-2009, 08:30 PM
sorry i havent listened to the killers since high school. and you sound like a fucking idiot saying something like that... jesus... it's like saying a thompson fan should know avenged sevenfold because they named a song 'bat country.' a lot of shitty bands like hunter, he's a timeless writer. i dont think thompson would be flattered by the killers using his quotes, and i dont like him being associated with hipsters. enough said. sorry i'm not well read enough to know killers lyrics.

So you really never knew the "human or dancer" lyric existed. Despite the constant repetition of it in this thread. I guess we can all rest easy now that Hunter S. Thompson declared you the valiant defender of Hunter S. Thompson before he offed himself.

Also, hipsters love him. Deal with it.

p.s. that was a pretty terrible analogy. You got all pissed off at someone for citing Thompson and you didn't even know why he was referencing him.

noYOU'REatowel
01-31-2009, 08:38 PM
I might catch the last part of their set when they their older stuff. This last album sucks IMO. I agree about whining about the Killers headlining, it's not a big deal. Saturday is arguably the weakest day so far, and I definitely expect another headliner or big time Sahara act to be added to don't fret people.

xxorcoxx
01-31-2009, 08:39 PM
a whole lot of damn we suck

killsunshine
01-31-2009, 08:59 PM
So you really never knew the "human or dancer" lyric existed. Despite the constant repetition of it in this thread. I guess we can all rest easy now that Hunter S. Thompson declared you the valiant defender of Hunter S. Thompson before he offed himself.

Also, hipsters love him. Deal with it.

p.s. that was a pretty terrible analogy. You got all pissed off at someone for citing Thompson and you didn't even know why he was referencing him.

i was only pissed because he was associating hunter w/ hipsters. hipsters like a lot of shit that is actually good, because it is HIP to like what people popularly call 'good.' but he doesnt deserve it. he did a lot more than any musical artist we could speak of, short of woody guthrie, for literature and society. unlike most of the people here i do NOT read every post in a thread. i jump around, dicking around and saying whatever comes to mind because it has NO consequence on my life. because my life is not involved in my status on this idiotic board whatsoever.
you have nothing better to do than sit around and feel HIP for making points like this, when it really is just sad. you got me, ok? you found a random quote i didnt recognize right away because hunter s. thomson isnt the only author i read. you probably only know that quote because of the killers song, which is as sad as it gets. maybe now that you schooled me you can get enough of a boner that it pushes up your stomach flab enough for you to scratch your balls for the first time in a month.
this has been a fun night. lots of shit talking. the internet is a wonderful invention. have fun kids, i'm off to my social life! don't stay up on wow too late.

TBrown33
01-31-2009, 09:17 PM
i was only pissed because he was associating hunter w/ hipsters. hipsters like a lot of shit that is actually good, because it is HIP to like what people popularly call 'good.' but he doesnt deserve it. he did a lot more than any musical artist we could speak of, short of woody guthrie, for literature and society. unlike most of the people here i do NOT read every post in a thread. i jump around, dicking around and saying whatever comes to mind because it has NO consequence on my life. because my life is not involved in my status on this idiotic board whatsoever.
you have nothing better to do than sit around and feel HIP for making points like this, when it really is just sad. you got me, ok? you found a random quote i didnt recognize right away because hunter s. thomson isnt the only author i read. you probably only know that quote because of the killers song, which is as sad as it gets. maybe now that you schooled me you can get enough of a boner that it pushes up your stomach flab enough for you to scratch your balls for the first time in a month.
this has been a fun night. lots of shit talking. the internet is a wonderful invention. have fun kids, i'm off to my social life! don't stay up on wow too late.
Yeah, I know the quote because it's in the song. You apparently didn't know it at all. I, however, do not claim to be the "hip" Thompson fanboy.

I pointed out the ridiculousness of you getting all pissed off about a harmless Thompson comment. You got all angry and defensive. And more pissed. Congrats.

Sincerely,

A stranger from the internet

heyeric
01-31-2009, 09:22 PM

Still hot, just not worth while.

Gribbz
01-31-2009, 09:23 PM
<--------More human than human.

obzen
01-31-2009, 09:24 PM
<------------Electric Head

jjbaldwi
02-01-2009, 12:03 AM
The Killers bring a lot of energy to their show, and sound very crisp and professional. They are what they are; I have seen them twice, and probably will miss them @ Coachella. Good show if you like them.

iamsmokenut
02-01-2009, 12:14 AM
the clap

killsunshine
02-01-2009, 12:22 AM
Yeah, I know the quote because it's in the song. You apparently didn't know it at all. I, however, do not claim to be the "hip" Thompson fanboy.

I pointed out the ridiculousness of you getting all pissed off about a harmless Thompson comment. You got all angry and defensive. And more pissed. Congrats.

Sincerely,

A stranger from the internet

hahahaha exactly what i had hoped for. enjoy your rare erection. i was never pissed, i used caps lock and curse words. and do believe me, i'm not hip to anything, i just like what i like. thompson happens to be a lifelong hero of mine and i dont think any troglodyte on this board should ever talk about him negatively, but i know i cant stop it and i was just fuckin kidding. but you really proved me to be quite the illiterate piece.
hahahahaha oh god, this is the first board i have ever posted on and i can see why people get hooked. good show. anyway, i'm done with this board and you interesting breed of people. so i must thank you for the fun. it's all in good sport, i hope you'll be ok. enjoy the next 75 days of being on this thing constantly and see you at the show!

Monklish
02-01-2009, 12:26 AM
Are we human, or are we ******?

Aurgasm
02-01-2009, 12:26 AM
<--- Falling out of airplanes, wanting to be a derelict

TBrown33
02-01-2009, 03:30 AM
hahahaha exactly what i had hoped for. enjoy your rare erection. i was never pissed, i used caps lock and curse words. and do believe me, i'm not hip to anything, i just like what i like. thompson happens to be a lifelong hero of mine and i dont think any troglodyte on this board should ever talk about him negatively, but i know i cant stop it and i was just fuckin kidding. but you really proved me to be quite the illiterate piece.

Keep backpedaling. I graduated with an English degree. Thompson was a good writer. Enjoy the rest of your immaturity.

one2fast
02-01-2009, 03:35 AM
the killers wuld be amazing nontheless sum ppl dont think they have what it takes to headline but those ppl are dumb for the most part hell the like animal collective haha thats a joke in itself!
i mean half their favorite bands probably like the killers anyway their jus ignorant fuks who think their to kool for the mainstream but yet they have no problem seeing macca the most mainstream of all artists of all time?
if ill go this year ill go for that day i just wish peter bjorn & john played also this day that wuld make a good weekend for me.
they will put on a good show hate them or love them enuff said

agentapplejuice
02-01-2009, 03:52 AM
Are we human, or are we ******?

that was so unbelievably original! replacing a lyric in the song while attacking their sexuality, as if they the words came from their mouth! you sir, will revolutionize insults. truly, bravo.

TheColdWorld
02-01-2009, 12:11 PM
Shitty people like the Killers, shitty people like a lot of good bands or at least like to say they do. I just vote we ban shitty people altogether.

phillthepill
02-01-2009, 12:26 PM

this man deserves a cookie

Spongehead56
02-01-2009, 01:08 PM
Hey, I'm going to watch the Killers, THANK YOU VERY MUCH.

Mr Dogs
02-01-2009, 01:16 PM
The last time I saw them live (Big Day Out in 2007), their performance was incredibly weak and lazy.

Based on that, they're hopefully bring 30,000 sets of earplugs. Or 60,000 free beer vouchers. Either would make me happy.

Jman4321
02-01-2009, 01:17 PM
The Killers will bring 12 gallons of eyeliner.

justinwilson1987
02-01-2009, 02:23 PM
i hate stereotypes...emo this...hipster that...

"And people are just people,
They shouldn't make you nervous.
The world is everlasting,
It's coming and it's going.
If you don't toss your plastic,
The streets won't be so plastic.
And if you kiss somebody,
Then both of you'll get practice."

..........................then again sometimes i wonder if some people are just droids ;)

shakur
02-01-2009, 02:46 PM
I saw them in 07 at street scene thought they put on a good show.

WillyWonka5497
02-01-2009, 02:56 PM

extremely well put.

PanasonicYouth
02-01-2009, 05:41 PM
Are we human or are we dancer? I just don't know.

PanasonicYouth
02-01-2009, 05:42 PM
the killers wuld be amazing nontheless sum ppl dont think they have what it takes to headline but those ppl are dumb for the most part hell the like animal collective haha thats a joke in itself!
i mean half their favorite bands probably like the killers anyway their jus ignorant fuks who think their to kool for the mainstream but yet they have no problem seeing macca the most mainstream of all artists of all time?
if ill go this year ill go for that day i just wish peter bjorn & john played also this day that wuld make a good weekend for me.
they will put on a good show hate them or love them enuff said

More English less stupid please.

nationocean
02-01-2009, 06:00 PM
hunter thompson is rolling in his grave.

fucking no talent hacks

ClassicCultRecords
02-01-2009, 06:11 PM

man, the killers dont have a hot chick audience.
more like bring in fagbaits and emo kids and scene kids.

matsuolost
02-01-2009, 06:12 PM
at least the killers are in the middle not in the first place like fuckin jack johnson last year