PDA

View Full Version : The Official Bonnaroo 2009 Coachella Board thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 [93] 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115

faxman75
05-14-2009, 09:25 AM
Also, Tool in Phoenix JULY = TOO FLY!!

I missed this. I guess I have to read the Tool thread.

sbessiso
05-14-2009, 09:26 AM
You're right, but that's because you're my only gay friend. I guess I need more, Tommy, will you be my friend?

Is this true? Chances are you definitely have one....you just dont know it yet

TommyboyUNM
05-14-2009, 09:28 AM
Dylan, if you have 10 friends then 1 of them is gay. I thought it was Mikey, but apparently he has a girlfriend now.

TommyboyUNM
05-14-2009, 09:28 AM
Gays. Why oh why can a guy or girl not be openly gay in the millitary. They are signing up to risk their fucking life and these old white fucks in charge have a problem with who they are fucking? Srsly and this gay marriage thing. Enough of this bullshit already. Slowly every single group of people that has ever not had full rights in this country get them.

I'm also not happy about he way mexicans are treated and discriminated against in this state in particular.

1990 called, it wants its issues back.

I'm kidding, Fax. It's honestly probably best right now that people can't be openly gay in the military. It's not the old white fucks in charge so much as the other soldiers who would harass the gay soldiers to no end. Don't ask don't tell is actually something that I think is good for gay soldiers.

How are the Mexicans being treated?

sbessiso
05-14-2009, 09:29 AM
Dylan, if you have 10 friends then 1 of them is gay. I thought it was Mikey, but apparently he has a girlfriend now.

Dont write that in stone. Im not done with him yet

hawkingvsreeve
05-14-2009, 09:32 AM
Gays. Why oh why can a guy or girl not be openly gay in the millitary. They are signing up to risk their fucking life and these old white fucks in charge have a problem with who they are fucking? Srsly and this gay marriage thing. Enough of this bullshit already. Slowly every single group of people that has ever not had full rights in this country get them.

I'm also not happy about he way mexicans are treated and discriminated against in this state in particular.

There is more to it than that. I think the major worry is that fellow Marines will not see them as trustworthy or capable as heterosexual Marines, which may have been the basis for the whole dont ask dont tell policy. I dont think sexuality should be a concern when people are volunteering to die for you, but I dont think it should be brought up either as it is not relevant. If Johnny is the only one not raping women in the town the Marines just destroyed though, then you know something is up.

faxman75
05-14-2009, 09:34 AM
1990 called, it wants its issues back.

I'm kidding, Fax. It's honestly probably best right now that people can't be openly gay in the military. It's not the old white fucks in charge so much as the other soldiers who would harass the gay soldiers to no end. Don't ask don't tell is actually something that I think is good for gay soldiers.

If it's best for now it's always going to be that way. It's not best. The old white people are in charge. It's their job to see to it that harrassment doesn't take place.

unitedwestand
05-14-2009, 09:35 AM
this thread is HUGE

canexplain
05-14-2009, 09:36 AM
You wouldn't really care to see James Brown?

Oh, and just a quick comment on the acid dosage conversation. I'm quite the opposite of faxy in this regard. The most I've ever done at once was 12, and it was a fucking awesome trip! I just went straight to cartoon world and stayed there throughout the whole trip. I've dropped ten strips a few times but 12 was the most at once. So maybe that gives you guys some insight into why I am the way I am. hehe

I'm curious to know, what's the most Ron has taken at once?

i think you kinda have to talk in strength .... prior to around 71 the doc we got ours from said it was around 500 mics (this was the bay and somehow he knew owsley and either got stuff from him, or used the same receipe ... after that for about 5 years it dropped down to 300 ... of the 500's i took 10 a number of times, and at the 300 mics i took 20 but just once, usually 15 .... remember this is when it was a 50 cents to a dollar per dose, so you could ride the wave for 20 hours for about a 10 spot .... ah the good ole days ... cr****

Blinken
05-14-2009, 09:36 AM
this thread is HUGE

We are trying to overthrow the PAW thread, only 14 pages away.

hawkingvsreeve
05-14-2009, 09:37 AM
Nevermind. Ron and Blinken got in the way.

TommyboyUNM
05-14-2009, 09:42 AM
Nevermind. Ron and Blinken got in the way.

You and I essentially had the same point. I'll award you some internets later.

Faxy, why are the Mexicans being treated poorly?

faxman75
05-14-2009, 09:42 AM
There is more to it than that. I think the major worry is that fellow Marines will not see them as trustworthy or capable as heterosexual Marines, which may have been the basis for the whole dont ask dont tell policy.

In theory the idea of don't ask don't tell was a good one. The reason I say that is because every single group in this country had to fight for equality and in order to get there, there had to be a progression. Don't ask don't tell was a step in the right direction. Blacks and women also had to go through this and at the end of the day it's all nonsense and we have learned nothing from the pass if we are just going to continue to play dumb and say we don't want to know if you're gay or not, meanwhile the millitary doesn't only allow heteros but endorses marriage and offeres crazy benefits for simply having a sexual orientation that allows for a "legal" marriage.

I dont think sexuality should be a concern when people are volunteering to die for you, but I dont think it should be brought up either as it is not relevant.

It is relevant. It's relevant when it comes to the programs being offered by the military, it's relevant when it comes down to basic discrimination and homophobia being preached to these troops. If a soldier can't even be comfortable in his own skin how can he give 100% in the line of fire?

People need to get over their hangups. Openly gay soldiers doesn't mean the guys are gonna start raping the other guys in their unit. It's relevant because the current law wants to keep people repressed while risking their life for their country. I don't see any benefit of continuing to keep people quiet.

Why should straight soldiers be allowed to talk about pussy and who they miss fucking back home or where they got some the night before and the gay has to shut the fuck up and be quiet or flat out lie and pretend?

amyzzz
05-14-2009, 09:44 AM
Oh wow. I thought Mikey was gay too.

sbessiso
05-14-2009, 09:46 AM
Oh wow. I thought Mikey was gay too.

loooooooool!!!!!!!!

This needs to be sigged :pulse:pulse:pulse

faxman75
05-14-2009, 09:47 AM
You and I essentially had the same point. I'll award you some internets later.

Faxy, why are the Mexicans being treated poorly?

The comments I hear in passing and the feelings of so many people I know pretty much boil down to english speaking or not. People are uninformed and don't seem to understand that there are actual american citizens that don't speak english. They equate spanish speaking to illegal, so this just compliments the old argument that english needs to be the official language. It really pisses me off that I hear so much ignorance and some of it's even in the work place. Everyone has an opinion and I don't know too many peolple that agree with me. I like mexicans, even the illegal ones but watching our Sherriff deny families of illegals to visit, racially profile entire towns and segregate them once they are in custody. Those are the mistreatments by officials.

TommyboyUNM
05-14-2009, 09:48 AM
Fax, I think in ideal land our soldiers would be a very accepting bunch. Unfortunately that will not happen. I don't think forcing them to be tolerant will make things any better. There are soldiers who are fine with the gay, but groupthink takes over in the armed forces. It is in a gay soldier's best interests not to talk about his sexuality. Sure, they can't talk about who they miss fucking back home. But 1) That wouldn't be well received so it would be pointless and 2) That's a small sacrifice compared to the amount of shit he would take from his fellow soldiers.

I would venture a guess that gay soldiers actually prefer Don't Ask Don't Tell compared to the alternative.

miSTEVEious
05-14-2009, 09:49 AM
I think you deserve an obligatory kick in the head for using the word "fiscally" in a sentence.

Shouldn't I fulfill my role of a Jew accountant?
I always thought it funny that Jewelers got their name from Jews.

canexplain
05-14-2009, 09:50 AM
i think the dont ask dont tell rule sucks but it was/is a step in the right direction .... the only trouble is, they dont follow the fucken rule ... just last week a soldier was kicked out because someone found out, and i might go check, but i think at least 8 soldiers have been kicked out since january under that law .... they not only are assholes, they lie .... cr****

Mr. Dylanja
05-14-2009, 09:50 AM
Faxy, I think you're right about the funding and benefits but as far as changing our perspective as a whole it won't happen overnight.

:pulse Amyzzz you're just one perpetual sig :thu

Thank you!

hawkingvsreeve
05-14-2009, 09:54 AM
Gay marriage in this country will be legal Mark. It just takes time. Unfortunately it isn't moving fast enough, but I think it is very generational, and once the 25-35 age bracket starts electing their peers into office in another 10 years or so change will start to happen.

As far as the Mexican thing, I cant speak to it being that I dont live there, but my opinion is that if you are going to plan on living and working in the states, you should learn English. Not because it is the national language, because it isnt and should not be, but because it is what is spoken here, and if one applicant can speak it and one cant, I would take a less skilled worker who I can communicate with over one I couldn't. People here illegally are another subject entirely.

Blinken
05-14-2009, 09:54 AM
Fax it is also the potential for relationships between soliders on the frontlines. It would be a distraction that could get soliders killed. That is also part of the reason that Women are not allowed on the frontlines, and in the infantry.

canexplain
05-14-2009, 09:55 AM
i was wayyyyyyy wayyyyy off ..... this didnt paste very well .... cr****

In the fiscal years since the policy was first introduced (1993), the military has discharged nearly 12,500 troops from the military due to homosexuality.[17] Statistics on the number of persons discharged per year:

Year Coast Guard Marines Navy Army Air Force Total
1994 0 36 258 136 187 617
1995 15 69 269 184 235 772
1996 12 60 315 199 284 870
1997 10 78 413 197 309 1,007
1998 14 77 345 312 415 1,163
1999 12 97 314 271 352 1,046
2000 19 104 358 573 177 1,231
2001* — — — — — 1,273
2002* — — — — — 906
2003* — — — — — 787
2004 15 59 177 325 92 668
2005 16 75 177 386 88 742
2006* — — — — — 612
Total 113 655 2,626 2,583 2,139 11,694

TommyboyUNM
i think the dont ask dont tell rule sucks but it was/is a step in the right direction .... the only trouble is, they dont follow the fucken rule ... just last week a soldier was kicked out because someone found out, and i might go check, but i think at least 8 soldiers have been kicked out since january under that law .... they not only are assholes, they lie .... cr****

When you say "they" in the last sentence, who are you referring to?

And they do follow the rule. You said 8 soldiers have been kicked out since January. You think there are only 8 gay guys in the armed forces?

faxman75
Fax, I think in ideal land our soldiers would be a very accepting bunch. Unfortunately that will not happen. I don't think forcing them to be tolerant will make things any better.

Really? If we kept that mentality blacks would still be slaves and women would still have no rights and neither would be in the millitary unless the people in power forced them too.

Not allowing gays in the millitary is like a clear violation of discriminatory hiring procedures based on sexual orientation and if the idea is they are too neandrothal to figure out how to control the retribution that will come with being openly gay then how the fuck will we ever win a war when we need to?

canexplain
05-14-2009, 09:56 AM
Fax it is also the potential for relationships between soliders on the frontlines. It would be a distraction that could get soliders killed. That is also part of the reason that Women are not allowed on the frontlines, and in the infantry.

there are no frontlines in this stupid war (s) so thats really no longer true .. cr****

Mr. Dylanja
05-14-2009, 09:56 AM
I love Mexicans, I just hate their blaring music :(

faxman75
05-14-2009, 09:57 AM

Oh so we are to pretend that relationships don't occur on the front lines?

canexplain
05-14-2009, 09:59 AM
speaking of war .... check out this clip of terminator .... cr***

http://www.pizzahut.com/terminatorsalvation/?WT.mc_id=05012009TermiantorExclusiveFootageEmail_ TerminatorandClapBoardImage

TommyboyUNM
05-14-2009, 10:00 AM
As far as the Mexican thing, I cant speak to it being that I dont live there, but my opinion is that if you are going to plan on living and working in the states, you should learn English. Not because it is the national language, because it isnt and should not be, but because it is what is spoken here, and if one applicant can speak it and one cant, I would take a less skilled worker who I can communicate with over one I couldn't. People here illegally are another subject entirely.

Speaking as someone who has grandparents who can barely speak English, I agree. I've always thought that if you plan on living and working in the US then you should learn the language. I wouldn't go live in a France and expect to live my life without learning French. And if I'm a manager, I'm hiring the person who can communiate the best (all things being equal). It's in your best interests to try and learn the language and customs of the country in which you live.

faxman75
05-14-2009, 10:03 AM
Gay marriage in this country will be legal Mark. It just takes time. Unfortunately it isn't moving fast enough, but I think it is very generational, and once the 25-35 age bracket starts electing their peers into office in another 10 years or so change will start to happen.

I agree. It's only a matter of time. I just hate that there are people who spend their life blocking the happiness of others.

I agree that it's definitely beneficial to learn the language and I think for the most part, this is based on age and length of time spent in this country. Older folks don't bother so much so the younger you are when you get to the USA the more likely you are to learn the language and go throught he school system.

As an employer I would most definitely prefer to hire an english speaker but that would be based on the type of work as well. If it's something that deals with the public heavily then absolutley it should be a requirment but that said, I think spanish should be a requirement for some english only speakers. Myself included. If it's a job behind the scenes or that doesn't require as much public interaction, I would go by their skills.

TommyboyUNM
05-14-2009, 10:03 AM
Really? If we kept that mentality blacks would still be slaves and women would still have no rights and neither would be in the millitary unless the people in power forced them too.

Not allowing gays in the millitary is like a clear violation of discriminatory hiring procedures based on sexual orientation and if the idea is they are too neandrothal to figure out how to control the retribution that will come with being openly gay then how the fuck will we ever win a war when we need to?

Gays aren't not allowed in the military (yes I typed it that way on purpose). They just don't have to talk about it. Unfortunately, this policy is in place to save gay soldiers from themselves. You would have to change the overall mindset of our military, not military leaders but the actual soldiers, before you changed the policy.

Wheres the beef?
05-14-2009, 10:06 AM
Is this what's going on in the bonnaroo thread? I never would have expected.

TommyboyUNM
05-14-2009, 10:06 AM
If it's a job behind the scenes or that doesn't require as much public interaction, I would go by their skills.

They still have to interact with managers and co-workers in most decent-paying jobs. I deal with the public 0% of my work day, but if I didn't speak English I would be useless.

faxman75
05-14-2009, 10:07 AM
So how did the millitary change the overall mindset to allow women and blacks? Yes they are allowed in so why can't they simply self identify? This isn't about being able to run around and be flamboyant in front of everyone. It's about being able to be equel as everyone else and as comfortable as possible. Now is the time, not tomorrow because there is some mentality. If we never went against old mentalities then there would never be progress.

miSTEVEious
05-14-2009, 10:10 AM
I <3 BONNAROO

amyzzz
05-14-2009, 10:10 AM
DYlz and SalSAH, I actually read Mikey in the PAW thread mentioning something about having a girl now, and I was like "WTF???"

:)

faxman75
05-14-2009, 10:11 AM
DYlz and SalSAH, I actually read Mikey in the PAW thread mentioning something about having a girl now, and I was like "WTF???"

Wait, he's not gay?

amyzzz
05-14-2009, 10:12 AM
Oh, and I agree with Brandon's and Tommy's assessment of the gays in the military thing. If (ha) there are gays in the military, they need to keep quiet to protect themselves. I hate that, but for now, it's true.

TommyboyUNM
05-14-2009, 10:14 AM
So how did the millitary change the overall mindset to allow women and blacks? Yes they are allowed in so why can't they simply self identify? This isn't about being able to run around and be flamboyant in front of everyone. It's about being able to be equel as everyone else and as comfortable as possible. Now is the time, not tomorrow because there is some mentality. If we never went against old mentalities then there would never be progress.

So you're saying you would be for openly gay soldiers getting harassed and having the shit beat out of them NOW in order to start making progress? Because there would be a big shitstorm before things got better.

And I'm of the opinion that homophobia is slowly overtaking racism as far as problems go in this country. It's an overall mindset in this country that needs to then filter into the armed forces.

faxman75
05-14-2009, 10:15 AM
So, my question is now that Obama has decided he is going to do away with don't ask don't tell. What type of adversity will gays start to face in the millitary? How are things going to change for soldiers who decide to be open? Are we talking all out gay bashing? Do you think this will be common place and dangerous for soldiers for an extended period of time?

If now is not the time then when would we avoid this transition or when will this mentality be gone?

faxman75
05-14-2009, 10:17 AM
So you're saying you would be for openly gay soldiers getting harassed and having the shit beat out of them NOW in order to start making progress? Because there would be a big shitstorm before things got better.

So you do think there will be rampant gay bashing? I don't. I think it's all based on fear and if the military heads can't figure out how to remove the fear of gays in the platoon from the psyche of a soldier, how the fuck do they remove the fear of death from them?

I think you know but I just want to clarify my cursing isn't to make this a hostile conversation, it's just me being like wtf? and how I would talk in person. :)

TommyboyUNM
05-14-2009, 10:19 AM
So, my question is now that Obama has decided he is going to do away with don't ask don't tell. What type of adversity will gays start to face in the millitary? How are things going to change for soldiers who decide to be open? Are we talking all out gay bashing? Do you think this will be common place and dangerous for soldiers for an extended period of time?

If now is not the time then when would we avoid this transition or when will this mentality be gone?

I honestly don't think many soldiers will come out just because the policy will be changed. They would have to guage their individual situations and decide if they would be accepted. There would be some gay bashing and likely a little violence, but it's going to really be on a unit to unit basis. I also think the vocal minority of gay bashers will have more influence than the non-vocal majority of the other people.

faxman75
05-14-2009, 10:22 AM
And I'm of the opinion that homophobia is slowly overtaking racism as far as problems go in this country. It's an overall mindset in this country that needs to then filter into the armed forces.

That's interesting. Sociology fascinates me. I almost wonder if this is just a constant evolution of keeping people down/ hatred. Starting with how we built this country on the backs of slaves and then not even allowing them to be considered a full person. Everyone who has ever wanted equality in this country has had to fight, give up lives, protest and so on and so forth. From the beginning no one was granted full rights and the people granting rights were the rich and white europeans. Just watching each group fight since the country was founded is frustrating. It's like at what point do you just realize we are all fucking people and there is no need to waste so much time and effort on keeping people down based on archaic laws.

amyzzz
05-14-2009, 10:27 AM
Everybody wants all the cake for themselves.

faxman75
05-14-2009, 10:28 AM
I honestly don't think many soldiers will come out just because the policy will be changed. They would have to guage their individual situations and decide if they would be accepted. There would be some gay bashing and likely a little violence, but it's going to really be on a unit to unit basis. I also think the vocal minority of gay bashers will have more influence than the non-vocal majority of the other people.

I agree. I think there will be a trickle effect. The brave will test the waters for others to follow suit when they see the ramifications aren't so bad. I also think it all comes down to how the people in charge of the troops handles the situation during the times they are done in public or a skirmish takes place. If you have some old blowhard like the guy in Full Metal Jacket, he'll make sure the ****** has a miserable time so much so he wants to quit. Again, i use the word ****** not as my word but as the old blowhard would. Situations like that need to be handled but shit always happens as we have seen throughout history. Women have been sexually harrassed and some probably still are. This comes down to how the superiors handle these situations directly just like when blacks and women were allowed in.

The military is an interesting component to all this as well because you have the lower income people being the target of recruitment and studies would probably show the intelligence level of the lower income bracket may be a bit lower. I mean look at me. I make shit and i'm not smart. My ideas are basic and simple.

There is enough adversity in the world that we don't need laws in place to reinforce it and make it worse.

TommyboyUNM
05-14-2009, 10:30 AM
Things are getting a lot better, you have to admit. Certain states are wising up on the whole gay marriage issue. We have a half-black president. Not too long ago, only 62% of him would've been able vote. I think there will be a point when gays are just as accepted in the military as anybody else. I think, though, there has to be more of a shift in our country's mindset before than can happen. It will happen.

Did that quench your thirst, Fax?

I'm off to lunch. I'm reading a book called "The End of Faith: Religion, Terror, and the Future of Reason" by Sam Harris. I read it a few years ago when I was struggling with my own religious views. It was around that time that I decided that everything I thought I believed in was bullshit. I remember it being an interesting read, so I wanna see how it still resonates with me.

canexplain
When you say "they" in the last sentence, who are you referring to?

And they do follow the rule. You said 8 soldiers have been kicked out since January. You think there are only 8 gay guys in the armed forces?

"they" are the brass in the military ... i have dealt with them my entire life in one way or the other ... and i said my stats were way off (prolly) thru 2006 (most current stats) around 11,600 + have been kicked out ... something some of you may not know, if you get kicked out for that, you usually have to pay back for your training (even though it wasnt your choice) ... for a grunt, maybe 100k, for a military grad 350k, for a pilot around 750k .... cr****

faxman75
Everybody wants all the cake for themselves.

Precisely.

Instead of people worrying about keepoing up with the Jone's we need to burn the Jone's house down! level the playing field.

faxman75
05-14-2009, 10:33 AM
Did that quench your thirst, Fax?

yep. I like to discuss these things and I used to do it daily on another message board that is now defunct but I must say this was a really good civil discussion and those usually got personal and angry, this didn't which is proof that discussing politics and such isn't always a bad thing. I enjoyed it.

Mr. Dylanja
05-14-2009, 10:38 AM
I enjoyed reading the discussion and wasn't annoyed at all. It's the constant conflict resolving around one subject matter for weeks at a time that test my nerves.

amyzzz
05-14-2009, 10:41 AM
I was kind of annoyed.

amyzzz
05-14-2009, 10:41 AM
:cat

canexplain
05-14-2009, 10:43 AM
I enjoyed reading the discussion and wasn't annoyed at all. It's the constant conflict resolving around one subject matter for weeks at a time that test my nerves.

now the important stuff ... dylan i answered your lsd ? a bit back :) cr****

off to lunch

faxman75
05-14-2009, 10:44 AM
Once I thought the world was crazy. Everyone was sad and chasing happiness and love and I was the only one above it. Once I thought without a doubt, I had it all figured out. The universe with hands unseen, I was cold as gasoline. Took too long to see I was wrong to beleive in me only.

Wilco-Solitaire

SoulDischarge
05-14-2009, 10:56 AM
You wouldn't really care to see James Brown?

Of course I would. I was just going by who was unopposed, and James Brown was up against moe., the superjam, and Toots & The Maytals. I guess it wasn't about respect that year.

sbessiso
05-14-2009, 11:00 AM

Is the serious convo over? Can I come back in?

Mr. Dylanja
05-14-2009, 11:02 AM
now the important stuff ... dylan i answered your lsd ? a bit back :) cr****

off to lunch

Ron, Tim is the one that asked you but I think this reinforces your answer whatever it was :) lol

miSTEVEious
05-14-2009, 11:13 AM

jesus the internets r boring todayz

pancakespancakes
05-14-2009, 11:26 AM
This thread needs more mud, body paint, and nudity.

sbessiso
05-14-2009, 11:27 AM
Go ahead, flappy. We're right behind ya!

SoulDischarge
05-14-2009, 11:27 AM
I have an anecdote that relates to both gays AND Mexicans.

I know a gay couple who are in an extremely shitty situation because they can't marry. In order to stay in the US, he had to enter into a sham marriage with a woman friend of their. Turned out that she was kind of crazy and started to think that they were actually in a relationship together. Eventually the whole thing kind of blew up and they're getting a divorce and now he might be facing deportation. Marriage isn't something that's really important to me. I feel it's kind of outdated and a huge hassle that doesn't amount to much. Devotion is either there or it isn't, regardless of any kind of contract. But it's still disgusting that we're getting denied legal rights.

pancakespancakes
05-14-2009, 11:30 AM
I'm on my school computers right now... I WOULD.

TommyboyUNM
05-14-2009, 11:37 AM

Hehe, you may be interested in this stuff one of these days. I'll save the religion talk for after Bonnaroo. colon-wink.

samnco
05-14-2009, 11:43 AM
which is better?

SoulDischarge
05-14-2009, 11:44 AM
Hehe, you may be interested in this stuff one of these days. I'll save the religion talk for after Bonnaroo. colon-wink.

What's to talk about?

w3eTsNEgmL8

Mr. Dylanja
05-14-2009, 11:45 AM
which is better?

apples and oranges

WhyTheLongFace
05-14-2009, 11:46 AM
whoa i had no clue this was the last page whoopsie

TommyboyUNM
05-14-2009, 11:47 AM
which is better?

What is this referring to?

What's to talk about?

w3eTsNEgmL8

Would 30 Helens agree with this?

sbessiso
05-14-2009, 11:48 AM
I'm on my school computers right now... I WOULD.

In a few short weeks, mi amigo. Just a few short weeks :cat

Its not that im not interested its just I have no imput on the matter. What else can be said that hasnt already?

TommyboyUNM
05-14-2009, 11:51 AM
Its not that im not interested its just I have no imput on the matter. What else can be said that hasnt already?

Yeah I know how you hate people talking about the same thing over and over. coughthekillerscough.

Just giving you shit, buddy. Smooches.

faxman75
05-14-2009, 11:52 AM
Oh how I miss KITH. I have all the episodes on my hard drive to keep me content.

sbessiso
05-14-2009, 11:52 AM
You cant help yourself, can you? Just haaaave to go back down that road

faxman75
05-14-2009, 11:53 AM

Yeah, I know that i'm not really saying much new on the subject, it's just a growing frustration I have with society and sometimes i want to just yell at everyone and make them see it my way. Today it was a bit more constructive than that. Sorry if it was boring though, I just needed an outlet.

JSam67
05-14-2009, 11:55 AM
Gay marriage is legal here in Iowa, don't know what your states' problems are.

SoulDischarge
05-14-2009, 11:55 AM
I still kind of cringe every time I see indietron post because he voted yes on 8. I try not to let politics get in the way of interacting with people, but I can't help but hold a grudge against someone who wants to deny me my basic rights.

pancakespancakes
05-14-2009, 11:57 AM
Indietron did? Seriously? That guy's always been really nice to me...

faxman75
05-14-2009, 11:59 AM
yeah, it's hard. Many of my friends growing up would crack racial jokes and I would always speak up about it. This is late teens. On one hand they were friends and we got along and looked out for eachother but then when it came to social issues they were all just spawns of their parents, robots. Some people think it's fucked up that I would hang out with someone who was ignorant. It's a tough balance. ARe you supposed to just say one day, hey dude, I can't be your friend any more because you are an ignorant piece of shit? I mean, i would have had to disown my entire family when I think about it.

TommyboyUNM
I still kind of cringe every time I see indietron post because he voted yes on 8. I try not to let politics get in the way of interacting with people, but I can't help but hold a grudge against someone who wants to deny me my basic rights.

He's a nice kid, he's just been socialized to believe some really ridiculous things.

"Our world is fast succumbing to the activities of men and women who would stake the future of our species on beliefs that should not survive an elementary school education." - Sam Harris

faxman75
Indietron did? Seriously? That guy's always been really nice to me...

Are you gay?

TommyboyUNM
05-14-2009, 12:01 PM
yeah, it's hard. Many of my friends growing up would crack racial jokes and I would always speak up about it. This is late teens. On one hand they were friends and we got along and looked out for eachother but then when it came to social issues they were all just spawns of their parents, robots. Some people think it's fucked up that I would hang out with someone who was ignorant. It's a tough balance. ARe you supposed to just say one day, hey dude, I can't be your friend any more because you are an ignorant piece of shit? I mean, i would have had to disown my entire family when I think about it.

I've lost many friends for the reasons you wrote about. I think the answer is yes. You should cut those people out of your life if you feel that strongly about it.

JSam67
05-14-2009, 12:01 PM
That's a good quote there, Tom.

pancakes, unrelated, but I wonder if you might dig this lineup? http://80-35.com/lineup/

pancakespancakes
05-14-2009, 12:02 PM
Are you gay?

No, just sayin. My sister and my uncle are gay. And a few friends. I'm not a fan of prop 8. Who is?

sbessiso
05-14-2009, 12:03 PM
Yeah, I know that i'm not really saying much new on the subject, it's just a growing frustration I have with society and sometimes i want to just yell at everyone and make them see it my way. Today it was a bit more constructive than that. Sorry if it was boring though, I just needed an outlet.

No apologies needed. I just kept quiet in the corner while you guys had at it

Haha, I hugged him at Coachella

Are you gay?

:cat?

pancakespancakes
05-14-2009, 12:04 PM
pancakes, unrelated, but I wonder if you might dig this lineup? http://80-35.com/lineup/

Hahaha... well for me BSS + anything else automatically = awesome.

But yeah, that's nice. I am of course a Ben Harper and Stephen Malkmus fan too. If it was in CA I'd go.

JSam67
05-14-2009, 12:08 PM
Hahaha... well for me BSS + anything else automatically = awesome.

But yeah, that's nice. I am of course a Ben Harper and Stephen Malkmus fan too. If it was in CA I'd go.

The lineup really kinda blew IMO until they added BSS and Man Man not long ago. Salah, Ally and I went to this last year, it was so much fun, but that lineup doesn't do that much for me. I've seen BSS, Man Man & Malkmus before. But I like them all... 80/35 may just end up getting my $ after all.

paulb
05-14-2009, 12:09 PM
EITS>BSS

pancakespancakes
05-14-2009, 12:11 PM
How close is it to your home? I can't imagine tickets would be too much. Really can't go wrong with Public Enemy, Man Man, Tilly & the Wall, Margot & the Nuclear So-and-So's either... I've seen all of them already but they're all pretty entertaining.

pancakespancakes
05-14-2009, 12:11 PM
EITS>BSS

Thanks for sharing.

faxman75
05-14-2009, 12:12 PM
I've lost many friends for the reasons you wrote about. I think the answer is yes. You should cut those people out of your life if you feel that strongly about it.

I chalk it up to ignorance and simply avoid the subject. I don't see them much these days. They mostly live in the land of Lincoln.

I remember at a very young age my grandma would use the "n" word and I would get really offended or at least know it was a bad word. She would then correct herself and say "colored". My aunt always went on about "wetbacks" she worked with. I don't know it's weird because I was raised kinda by my grandparents and mom and mom has dated mexicans and she has many black friends too but there are some self hating blacks that reinforce some of my moms prejudices as well.

For instance, on a recent visit (last year) my mom was talking to me about how the neighborhood has changed so much and it's not safe anymore. I asked her why. She said she found "afrosheen" or hair moisturizer in the back yard. She said someone threw it there. She then said they are always running around their yards and they are rude too.

I then asked my mom if she knew what I did in this neighborhood as a kid. I set a field on fire, used to put rocks in snowballs and throw them at cars, would ding dong ditch every house on the block and in my late teens I broke into peoples unlocked cars.

So, you see mom, black people aren't destroying your neighborhood. Your son and his friends who owned these streets were far more dangerous and it was ALL WHITE then.

SoulDischarge
05-14-2009, 12:12 PM

Yeah. I understand this. I used to have a lot of bigoted friends. And I definitely end up hanging out with a lot of people with undesirable qualities/views. One of my best friends always makes friends with skinheads and misogynists even though she's an extremely open minded person herself. She just kind of finds them amusing and since she grew up listening to industrial and stuff, she can relate to their angst I guess. Like I said, I try not to let people's political views get in the way too much of how I deal with them on a personal level, but some times I just get really uncomfortable. I feel like homosexuals are America's favorite niggers to shit on right now, something people of all ages and races and economic backgrounds can come together to condemn. Still, it's better than it's ever been and better than it is in some countries still, I don't face hardly any direct homophobia and don't feel afraid to be out, and I'm grateful for all of that.

JSam67
05-14-2009, 12:14 PM
EITS>BSS

That's what I think, too. Decisions, decisions.

How close is it to your home? I can't imagine tickets would be too much. Really can't go wrong with Public Enemy, Man Man, Tilly & the Wall, Margot & the Nuclear So-and-So's either... I've seen all of them already but they're all pretty entertaining.

2-day pass is like $70, and DSM is about 90 minutes from where I live. I'd stay with friends for free down there. But I think I'd rather see EITS in Chicago with some of my Coachella family that weekend...

Clearly, Paul is keeping up with me :pulse

paulb
05-14-2009, 12:15 PM
Jsam....you and I have a special connection......band of horses brother.....dont let me down at Bonnaroo this time...

SoulDischarge
05-14-2009, 12:15 PM
This is the Voice of Reason. It is saying "Save your money for ATP."

faxman75
05-14-2009, 12:16 PM
I hear you Patrick. I could never simply just write off everyone I have ever heard make an ignorant or hateful statement. All i can do is show them examples of how they are wrong.

Meicans and gays got it the worst but I actually thing the gay thing is gaining a groundswell of support as the republican party falls apart and more common sense people speak up. I think that mexicans are the new blacks and that one's not going away because people always need a new group to keep down or hate.

JSam67
05-14-2009, 12:17 PM
Jsam....you and I have a special connection......band of horses brother.....dont let me down at Bonnaroo this time...

90 minute Roo set! Dude, you know I made it to the Chems, bet I must've been 10-15 people back of where you said you were, when my phone died mid-text to you. I was so sad.

JSam67
05-14-2009, 12:20 PM
This is the Voice of Reason. It is saying "Save your money for ATP."

Haha, good point, I ought to budget. Did I see you got P4K tix as well? If so, fuck yes.

And I just have to wait for the next round of ATP additions. Stereolab and I'm there. Maybe not even. The pics posted in the ATP thread of last year made me salivate.

pancakespancakes
05-14-2009, 12:21 PM
2-day pass is like $70, and DSM is about 90 minutes from where I live. I'd stay with friends for free down there. But I think I'd rather see EITS in Chicago with some of my Coachella family that weekend...

Clearly, Paul is keeping up with me :pulse

Yeah if you like EITS than just go to that. Personally I'm just partial to anything that's a festival... and combined with the fact that's it 4th of July I think that's where I'd be.

Are Eluvium and No Age opening for EITS in Chicago? They're opening here in LA and it really makes me want go.

SoulDischarge
05-14-2009, 12:22 PM
Yeah. I'm set for Pitchfork. Now I'm trying to talk other people into going, but it's just not happening. My friends are all lame. And yeah, the ATP lineup is already amazing. The additions are guaranteed to be great, but even without a single one, I'd be extremely excited.

TommyboyUNM
05-14-2009, 12:23 PM
I hear you Patrick. I could never simply just write off everyone I have ever heard make an ignorant or hateful statement. All i can do is show them examples of how they are wrong.

Meicans and gays got it the worst but I actually thing the gay thing is gaining a groundswell of support as the republican party falls apart and more common sense people speak up. I think that mexicans are the new blacks and that one's not going away because people always need a new group to keep down or hate.

I hear you too, Faxino. There is a difference between making an ignorant or hateful statement and having those as core beliefs. It's up to each one of us to know where we draw the line.

To copy a kinda old Bill Maher joke, the Republican party should be the most supportive of gays. Seems like many Republican leaders and supporters are closet homosexuals.

pancakespancakes
05-14-2009, 12:24 PM
Stereolab and I'm there.

Just for the record, Stereolab is going on hiatus for a few years right now...

But if them or Joanna Newsom or Comets on Fire somehow miraculously got added I would be there in an instant. I'd do whatever it takes. Eat nothing but pea soup for breakfast lunch & dinner all summer.

faxman75
05-14-2009, 12:25 PM
To copy a kinda old Bill Maher joke, the Republican party should be the most supportive of gays. Seems like many Republican leaders and supporters are closet homosexuals.

yep, they are just old school and politicians, they love hypcoracy and keeping closet doors closed.

It goes the same for the religious leaders.

JSam67
05-14-2009, 12:26 PM
Yeah if you like EITS than just go to that. Personally I'm just partial to anything that's a festival... and combined with the fact that's it 4th of July I think that's where I'd be.

Are Eluvium and No Age opening for EITS in Chicago? They're opening here in LA and it really makes me want go.

I love the fests, too, which makes it hard. But Chicago is so much fun. You will learn much at P4K Fest.

Sadly, no, No Age is not the opener, or it wouldn't be much of a decision for me. The opener is Lichens, I guess. Know anything about them?

pancakespancakes
05-14-2009, 12:27 PM
AHHHH HOLY SHIT. LICHENS!

You are in for a real treat my friend. Get there early.

Saw him open for EITS last year and it blew me the fuck away...

JSam67
05-14-2009, 12:29 PM
Yeah. I'm set for Pitchfork. Now I'm trying to talk other people into going, but it's just not happening. My friends are all lame. And yeah, the ATP lineup is already amazing. The additions are guaranteed to be great, but even without a single one, I'd be extremely excited.

Man, my friends from IC are really lame when it comes to committing to anything fun and/or music-oriented. Heading to Prodigy next weekend by myself, will do the same for Pitchfork. I don't mind, though, because my closest of friends (whom you've met) are all based in Chicago, so I just have to travel solo. Gets old, though.

We're gonna have fun at Pitchfork. And ATP (trying to be optimistic that I'll go).

JSam67
05-14-2009, 12:31 PM
AHHHH HOLY SHIT. LICHENS!

You are in for a real treat my friend. Get there early.

Saw him open for EITS last year and it blew me the fuck away...

Really? Ok wow, thanks man, what kind of music shall I expect?

pancakespancakes
05-14-2009, 12:36 PM
He's an ambient/drone kind of artist, records on Kranky Records, pretty atypical of that label.... I had never heard of him until he walked out on stage, (I didn't even know if there was going to be an opener at all), but he just blew my friends and I away. He makes loops with his voice and with a guitar and lots of pedals, it's all improvised ambient music, I could post a youtube of him but I'm not sure if it would have the same effect as seeing it live first...

faxman75
05-14-2009, 02:39 PM
Sounds like fun. I'll definitely keep my eyes open.

Blinken
05-14-2009, 02:44 PM
Watch out for Kirby Dicks new documentary "Outrage" about all the supposedly closeted prominent Republican politicians

hehehe Kirby Dicks lol

faxman75
05-14-2009, 02:48 PM
Also, I'm too lazy to go back and find the quote, but I agree with Fax about the awesomeness of Ashes of American Flags (nice alliteration). I defy anyone to listen to that album all the way through and still say they won't miss Wilco at Bonnaroo.

It stands out so much. Even with the new album talk. I listen to every single album in their catalog and nothing compares to the awesomeness of the Ashes of American Flags DVD audio. Not even the live Kickin' TV release. It's full of fucking WIN and it's not even an official CD release. It's audio from the DVD. It's just funny to me but it's so great!

pancakespancakes
05-14-2009, 03:30 PM
I defy anyone to listen to that album all the way through and still say they won't miss Wilco at Bonnaroo.

:(

chiapet
05-14-2009, 07:43 PM
Mark, I'm assuming the racist grandmother is your Italian one? Would not surprise me at all. Italian-Americans of their generation are/were really bigoted in my experience. Blows my mind since they faced a lot of discrimination when they came to the US.

Regarding people who do not speak English being assumed to be "illegal", is it that they assume they're illegals or just assume they're not citizens?

An immigrant cannot become naturalized without knowing English. There is an English proficiency exam that is part of the process. But there are plenty of permanent residents who do not speak English. My naive approach to this would be to further limit the number of permanent residency cards granted and limit the rights/benefits to permanent residents, BUT at the same time to make citizenship more easily attainable (mostly from a financial perspective) -- if someone has lived here for several years, speaks and reads english, understands our laws, and wishes to work and pay taxes, why make that so difficult?

chiapet
05-14-2009, 07:45 PM
Oh, and D? Where I've been?

I heard you're not even camping with us, and that you're going to dodge me at Roo too, so I mean, what's the point of me even posting any more? :nono

faxman75
05-14-2009, 08:19 PM
Mark, I'm assuming the racist grandmother is your Italian one? Would not surprise me at all. Italian-Americans of their generation are/were really bigoted in my experience. Blows my mind since they faced a lot of discrimination when they came to the US.

yep, grandma was fairly sheltered as well. Grandpa was actually born in Italy though, grandma is like a generation removed. Grandpa was much like Archie Bunker, he liked everyone but knew all the racial nick names as well and probably heard his share of insults as well. As a man working at a steel mill for 40+ years i'm assuming they all fucked on eachothers race quite a bit. I also don't characterize that as ignorance as I do the same with Tommy, my roommates and my former co workers at the law firm in Chicago. Some guys really find inappropriate jokes humorous though to some inappropriate jokes are exactly that. Grandpa was kinda crazy though, he would argue the side of the Nazi's and be unapologetic about it. We would all mock him and he would get upset.

Regarding people who do not speak English being assumed to be "illegal", is it that they assume they're illegals or just assume they're not citizens?

I don't think that much thought goes into it. The language is almost the deal breaker. I think Mexicans in general have been made out to be cheats. There's a stigma. Even if they are citizens they probably started out by jumping the boarder or something, that sort of idea that the mexicans got one over on us americans because we looked the other way while the door was open for too long. I just feel a lot of angern and most of it was brought on by politics and the media. They hit the panic button on the illegal immigration issue and immediately started blaming mexicnas for stealing all of our resources. We looked the other way and offered up these services for decades so I don't understand all the sudden outrage and anger. I'm off on a tangent but that was what i was trying to get it.

chiapet
05-14-2009, 08:31 PM
I don't understand where the idea of Mexicans as "cheats" comes from. People who come to this country illegally do so at great risk and (sorry if this in itself sounds bigoted) typically end up taking the type of difficult labor jobs that American citizens are most often too lazy to do themselves. I don't understand why people think they're stealing jobs. As Tommy pointed out, it's quite difficult to get a well-paying job when you are unable to speak English fluently -- and I add to that, it is difficult to get a decent job without work eligibility granted by permanent residency or citizenship.

As for a drain on resources, I agree with that to a very small degree, being in a state that has a lot of illegal immigrants. People do get bent out of shape that illegals use services paid for by tax revenues, when they are not paying taxes. However, that's our fault for not letting them get legal work where they have the ability to pay taxes.

I also don't fully agree that even illegals working in the country are a drain, as they are still providing services (the work they perform) and putting money back into their local economy as they pay rent, buy groceries, clothe their families, etc.

But, as I said, I think we make it too difficult for people to become citizens. It is not just a matter of initiative and willingness but also having the ability to pay relatively large sums to go through the naturalization process, not to mention the notion of putting quotas/caps on citizenship.

I think it's possible to rework the system in a way that encourages people to come here legally, find work, and pay taxes. If they are doing this, they are not a "drain."

chiapet
05-14-2009, 08:34 PM
Mark, I think part of the problem is that a lot of those Americans you're complaining about don't fully appreciate the difficulty of becoming a citizen. People act like immigrants just "don't want to" do it. When my aunt (Mexican) naturalized 20 years ago, it was tough in terms of having to pass exams that a lot of American adults I know would not be able to complete. But now it's so much worse. I work with quite a few people who have been trying for 5+ years to become citizens. Mostly high-tech workers who've paid hundreds of thousands in taxes over the years and have lived here for over a decade... one of them even served voluntarily in our military (as a permanent resident) yet our country wants to make it as tough as possible for them to be able to 'belong' here.

Mr. Dylanja
05-14-2009, 09:58 PM
These post are way too long for my fourth grade reading comprehension level :nono

sbessiso
05-14-2009, 09:59 PM
Dude for real.

Why is there still serious talk happening? I wanna talk about silly things like lightsaber battles and bubble wands

chiapet
05-14-2009, 10:01 PM
Fine. Go back to talking about drugs and set times. I'm out of here anyway :)

rage patton
05-14-2009, 10:01 PM
Who is going to the Gypsy Hands dancing with me on Thursday!?!?!?!?!?

pancakespancakes
05-14-2009, 10:05 PM
http://highbridnation.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/bonnaroo-mud.jpg

pancakespancakes
http://www.wfpk.org/CMS/wp-content/uploads/2008/06/green-blue.jpg

pancakespancakes
Sorry, what was that?

sbessiso
05-14-2009, 10:06 PM
http://highbridnation.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/bonnaroo-mud.jpg

I've never been so turned on and repulsed at the exact same time before

Mr. Dylanja
05-14-2009, 10:13 PM
Every time I see that picture I look straight at the boob, the mud doesn't phase me.

rage patton
05-14-2009, 10:15 PM
Every time I see that picture I look straight at the boob, the mud doesn't phase me.

Wow. I have seen that picture a hundred times and never noticed that before.

Mr. Dylanja
05-14-2009, 10:15 PM

*** :nono

sbessiso
05-14-2009, 10:18 PM

:nono

Now, now D

rage patton
05-14-2009, 10:20 PM

Hahaha. Knew that was comming.

faxman75
05-14-2009, 10:24 PM
:lool

paulb
05-14-2009, 10:24 PM
lol, so true...

Mr. Dylanja
05-14-2009, 10:28 PM
NINJA, VEGAS, PEARL

*jealous*

Edit: Then I'm sure he's seeing Calexico in Tucson next week.

paulb
05-14-2009, 10:31 PM
Faxy is a lucky motherfucker, next 3 gigs being NINJA... me and Josh are still trying to find tix for Sun/Mon at Sasquatch

amyzzz
05-15-2009, 04:25 AM
Yeah, me too. They're small boobs, so they don't jump out at me.

faxman75
05-15-2009, 05:34 AM
NINJA, VEGAS, PEARL

*jealous*

Edit: Then I'm sure he's seeing Calexico in Tucson next week.

Calexico and NIN at The Gorge next for Sasquatch next week ;)

canexplain
05-15-2009, 05:53 AM
morning gang ..... yeaaaaaaaaaaaa friday .... cr****

samnco
05-15-2009, 06:42 AM
morning ron.. six hours until the weekend for me, is it bad that I live for the weekends ?

canexplain
05-15-2009, 06:45 AM
morning ron.. six hours until the weekend for me, is it bad that I live for the weekends ?

good morning, no we all live for the weekend .... hey amy you up yet .... the west coast is so slow waking up ..... cr****

canexplain
05-15-2009, 06:46 AM
so faxy you going to shave? i look old with a beard and older without one :) ... day in a life .... cr****

canexplain
05-15-2009, 06:53 AM
sam, what is the weather going to be like in say branson 3 weeks from now? i lived in little rock but that is a ways from there ... does it get cool at night? mullberry mnt is the actual place but its close to branson ... cr****

samnco
05-15-2009, 07:00 AM
Yeah thats south of Harrison Arkansas, my dad's farm is near there... its really fucking humid though. It feels like you are walking around with a damp towel around you :) but it should be warm.. its hard to say what the nights will be like, its mostly warm but weather is crazy , they have a lot more rain storms than we do here in CO... I'm sure it will be nice, make sure to watch for snakes though.

canexplain
05-15-2009, 07:16 AM
Yeah thats south of Harrison Arkansas, my dad's farm is near there... its really fucking humid though. It feels like you are walking around with a damp towel around you :) but it should be warm.. its hard to say what the nights will be like, its mostly warm but weather is crazy , they have a lot more rain storms than we do here in CO... I'm sure it will be nice, make sure to watch for snakes though.

yea i had a car break down one summer in the middle of the night near the air base at jacksonville (ark) and we had to walk about a mile home ... i am not bs'ing but we counted 8 water mochs on the walk home ... it was like a bad horror movie .... snakes on a road hehehehe ..... the roo even at night doesnt get very chilly that is why we wanted to try a different fest like rothbury this year, but things just didnt pan out ... geez i bitch because we are only going to 4 or 5 fests this summer .... cr****

we need some roo pics here ...

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j211/canexplain/shroom2.jpg

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j211/canexplain/PICT0047aaa.jpg

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j211/canexplain/DSC05098aaa.jpg

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j211/canexplain/aDSC05096.jpg

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j211/canexplain/DSC05095a.jpg

faxman75
05-15-2009, 07:33 AM
Good morning Roo peeps. I DID shave. I am now back to just the goatie so my avatar is a disguise.

How is everyone today? I'm in a good mood, excited for the weekend. I'm going to see NIN/JA tonight, playing cards tomorrow night and going to Vegas on Sunday!

canexplain
05-15-2009, 07:35 AM
yea i am going to ninja but i forget when, within a couple of weeks .... like we cant even hookup for a show, but it would be cool to get a game of cards going with the ones here that play ..... poker!!!!!! cr****

samnco
05-15-2009, 07:39 AM
Yeah , I'm forever trained to look at the ground when i walk actually. I have had to go to the hospital a few times from people getting bit when we use to play in the river. Sucks. eh..

faxman75
05-15-2009, 07:41 AM
Yeah Ron, I've been on a bit of a very low budge poker kick lately. I put $25 into my pokerstars account about 6 weeks ago. It lasted me about 5 weeks and then I got an e-mail that full tilt gave me $5 and I built that up to $10 in the past few days.

I mostly play 18 person tournaments with 1.75-2.25 buy ins and I tend to finish in the top 2 quite a bit lately. It's very cheap and good practice :lool

In Vegas I love playing the limit tables. It's my new favorite game to sit in the poker room and just play 3-6 limit. AT the most you have to ante $3 every 9 hands and you sit there and drink and play for hours on $40-50.

samnco
05-15-2009, 07:47 AM
faxman , I use to play poker stars quite a bit. I can get pretty addicted to it though. I have been the new owner of a poker set for about the last 6 months because some d-bag left it at my house. It's such a good alternative to going out sometimes.

faxman75
05-15-2009, 07:51 AM
What games do you usually play on Pokerstars Sam? How many people at the house games?

Our last go around of house games was damn near dominated by ladies. We had 5-6 guys and 3-4 girls every week and two of the girls who played seemed to win every single week. We are trying to start a new one up now though it's a different crew and mostly guys. My friend Ryan has been unemployed for a few months now and he built a bar in this dining room and has a poker table in the garage. We are going to break it in tomorrow night.

canexplain
05-15-2009, 07:57 AM
What games do you usually play on Pokerstars Sam? How many people at the house games?

Our last go around of house games was damn near dominated by ladies. We had 5-6 guys and 3-4 girls every week and two of the girls who played seemed to win every single week. We are trying to start a new one up now though it's a different crew and mostly guys. My friend Ryan has been unemployed for a few months now and he built a bar in this dining room and has a poker table in the garage. We are going to break it in tomorrow night.

i wanna play :( .... my step dad was a whale in vegas ... we always got comp this and that .... 4 of us went to dinner one night at some steak house, and the bill, with drinks came to 750 ... comp :) cr****

samnco
05-15-2009, 07:59 AM
Thats sick.. i would always play hold em' on my ex's account , sometiems with money , sometimes for fun. Either way it's fun as hell. I wish my friends would get together sometime soon to play, those nights are always the best. Everyone just has their own thing going on right now.

Boourns
05-15-2009, 08:29 AM

Sausage fest.

sbessiso
05-15-2009, 08:33 AM
Hell yea

amyzzz
05-15-2009, 08:41 AM
I'm re-thinking The Friday night roll party. I think I'm going to do 2CB instead which is somewhat similar to rolls in the body high, duration and happy feelings although you also hallucinate lights. I can't remember how the hangover part is--it can't be as bad as rolls. We will be trying them out this weekend.

TommyboyUNM
05-15-2009, 08:42 AM
Hi Amy. I support your choices in life.

sbessiso
05-15-2009, 08:45 AM
If I can find some 2ci again im gunna be all over that shit like white on rice. I was tripping/rolling so fucking hard for black keys/franz/morrissey. it was glorious

TommyboyUNM
05-15-2009, 08:49 AM
I don't know about you guys, but this is my headliner for the weekend...

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d136/tommyboyunm/Pat.jpg

faxman75
05-15-2009, 08:52 AM
Patrick for the WIN!

I should have writtent his article. I'm totally in the anti Dave Matthews camp. Hipster vs jam band music, what is Wilco? I posted this in the Phoenix thread and umm the Wilco thread as well.

I miss tags. :lool

http://www.phoenixnewtimes.com/2009-05-14/music/wilco-is-dave-matthews-band-and-that-s-okay/

miSTEVEious
05-15-2009, 09:03 AM

We should all get together on a pokerstars table and play!

I've been known to dabble as well

miSTEVEious
05-15-2009, 09:05 AM
NL holdem or PL omaha

faxman75
05-15-2009, 09:05 AM
I only play NL holdem. I can't get into Omaha.

TommyboyUNM
05-15-2009, 09:09 AM
I only like Blackjack. Poker is gay.

samnco
05-15-2009, 09:11 AM
Yeah, pretty sure its all blocked for me here at work. Damn filters. I dont have internet at home so I never play. Yeah, I know I'm like the ONLY person on the planet that doesnt have it but i use to steal it from my neighbors and then i moved and they are all guarded now.

amyzzz
05-15-2009, 09:16 AM
If I can find some 2ci again im gunna be all over that shit like white on rice. I was tripping/rolling so fucking hard for black keys/franz/morrissey. it was glorious
You and me both.

I remember one glorious day during Christmas weekend a few years ago we decided to daytrip on 2CI, and we walked around our neighborhood, listened to AIR, and as the afternoon blissfully passed by and the sun started going down, we decided to have another dose, thinking it wouldn't do anything. Well we tripped all over again into the night watching the movie Big Fish. Excellent day.

samnco
05-15-2009, 09:23 AM
You and me both.

I remember one glorious day during Christmas weekend a few years ago we decided to daytrip on 2CI, and we walked around our neighborhood, listened to AIR, and as the afternoon blissfully passed by and the sun started going down, we decided to have another dose, thinking it wouldn't do anything. Well we tripped all over again into the night watching the movie Big Fish. Excellent day.

That sounds like the best day of my life and it never even happened to me.

canexplain
Yeah, pretty sure its all blocked for me here at work. Damn filters. I dont have internet at home so I never play. Yeah, I know I'm like the ONLY person on the planet that doesnt have it but i use to steal it from my neighbors and then i moved and they are all guarded now.

i bet we could, the board, could all go in and get you one of these for your home .... dont know if we can go for the big time 16k one though .... cr****

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j211/canexplain/atari400.jpg

SoulDischarge

Sausage fest.

Ladies and gentlemen (well mostly gentlemen), I think we found our gay orgy locale.

amyzzz
05-15-2009, 09:28 AM
Don't spooge on me while I'm showering. kthxbye. ;)

samnco
05-15-2009, 09:30 AM
oh , sweet ron... i have a computer, just no internet. But i think im going to get a mac for school, i hope so anyways.

faxman75
05-15-2009, 09:31 AM
I only like Blackjack. Poker is gay.

Shut up tranny.

canexplain
05-15-2009, 09:34 AM
oh , sweet ron... i have a computer, just no internet. But i think im going to get a mac for school, i hope so anyways.

my SO's daughter swears by her mac (she goes to auraia sp) but i cant see paying twice as much for what you can buy a pc for .... only if you are heavy into graphics or want to be a wannabe imo ..... cr****

i think mike (ivankay) is a big mac pusher

miSTEVEious
05-15-2009, 09:39 AM
I only play NL holdem. I can't get into Omaha.

I don't know how long you've played, but once you get your head around holdem and it gets just a little boring, you will turn to omaha! it's really the same game, just a little more interesting/a lot more nuts going around.

SoulDischarge
05-15-2009, 09:42 AM
Don't spooge on me while I'm showering. kthxbye. ;)

In all fairness, if it has to happen at some point, that would probably be the ideal time for it to happen.

Mr. Dylanja
05-15-2009, 09:44 AM
Omaha is awesome, such a crazy game!!

Ron, it's officially OFFICIAL, I'll be arriving in Denver at 9:45 pm Friday, July 17th.

My flight leaves Sunday July 19th at 11:50am, I'll be going to SLC, UT to see Tool again :D

chiapet
05-15-2009, 09:45 AM

amyzzz
05-15-2009, 09:47 AM
wait, wait, chia! Don't go!

canexplain
05-15-2009, 09:49 AM
Omaha is awesome, such a crazy game!!

Ron, it's officially OFFICIAL, I'll be arriving in Denver at 9:45 pm Friday, July 17th.

My flight leaves Sunday July 19th at 11:50am, I'll be going to SLC, UT to see Tool again :D

woot woot, i know tygerlady will be going tool day, not sure about the other, so you can just jump in the back of our truck and its party time in denver for tooooool ....... with those times i should be able to pick you up and take you back (before we/i head back out for sunday) ... you will have to remind me when it gets closer though, ok .... space case here ..... cr****

chiapet
05-15-2009, 09:53 AM
Hahaha, hi Amy ;)

I haven't been hiding this week, just having a bad (busy) time at work.

faxman75
05-15-2009, 09:54 AM
I don't know how long you've played, but once you get your head around holdem and it gets just a little boring, you will turn to omaha! it's really the same game, just a little more interesting/a lot more nuts going around.

I dunno, I have been playing hold em' for a few years and I don't think i'll get bored any time soon. I accidently signed up for a razz game or a horse game once (because i'm usually baked when I play) and got destroyed. I can't wrap my head around rotating games. I barely have the patience for Hold em'. I finally have forced myself to sit back and let others destroy their stacks when it gets down to about the final 8 in an 18 person game. This strategy has had me finish first or second in the last 5 or so I have played. I'm not very good though. It's usually a struggle to be patient and before you know it i'm jumping in with J 7 unsuited or something.

amyzzz
05-15-2009, 09:58 AM
Chia, it's been a sausage fest in here most days since Barbara and Sophia hardly pop in here (and prettyragdoll doesn't come in here either I guess)

edit: and jennygirl. don't see her here much.

canexplain
05-15-2009, 10:01 AM
Chia, it's been a sausage fest in here most days since Barbara and Sophia hardly pop in here (and prettyragdoll doesn't come in here either I guess)

edit: and jennygirl. don't see her here much.

well amy you know in general, by far, there are more guys on the boards then gals ...not sure why that is (well i have a hunch anyway) .... i think its funny how this tread has turned into , sort of our own private little coachella board because everyone talks about everything, not just the fest .... cr****

chiapet
05-15-2009, 10:01 AM
I know, it has been. Unfortunately I don't think I'll be on much between now and Bonnaroo. Maybe we can ask one of the regular posters to change gender or at least impersonate a female for us. :) I don't even want to go into the Girls' Thread anymore because it's become boys blabbing to each other.

faxman75
05-15-2009, 10:02 AM
I'm getting excited about seeing Karen O in a week! I didn't realize the yeah yeah yeah's are another band i'm seeing a lot. Coachella, Sasquatch, The Marquee and The Roo! Unless of course Grizzly Bear wins the heads up competition against them next weekend at Sasquatch.

feather
05-15-2009, 10:04 AM
"Among the themed tents debuting at Bonnaroo 2009 is one celebrating the rich musical legacy of Africa. On Friday, The Other Tent will offer an outstanding program of irresistible dance grooves and awe-inspiring musical mastery, opening with powerful hypnotic sounds of Asheville-based, Mali-schooled Toubab Krewe. The afternoon will continue as Mali's fast-rising guitarist Vieux Farka Touré carries the torch inherited from his legendary father, Ali Farka Touré. Banjo master Béla Fleck brings it all back home in duets with kora master Toumani Diabate, who is quite simply one of the world's greatest musicians. King Sunny Adé and his legendary band lay down their intoxicating juju rhythms in the late afternoon, and closing the day portion of the show will be the high energy of Mali's superstars Amadou and Mariam, returning for their second Bonnaroo appearance. At midnight, the deep Afro-pop grooves of the amazing Femi Kuti and the Positive Force will take us deep into the night. It's a mini-African music festival right in the heart of Bonnaroo. Be sure to drop by and bring your dancin' shoes!"

YESSSS I'm all about this.

Mr. Dylanja
05-15-2009, 10:05 AM
I want/need/have to see A Date With the Night DAMN IT!

amyzzz
05-15-2009, 10:08 AM
I know, it has been. Unfortunately I don't think I'll be on much between now and Bonnaroo. Maybe we can ask one of the regular posters to change gender or at least impersonate a female for us. :) I don't even want to go into the Girls' Thread anymore because it's become boys blabbing to each other.
Don't forget about the Girls' Social group. Things get pretty lively in there.

and it's private.

SoulDischarge
05-15-2009, 10:10 AM
"Among the themed tents debuting at Bonnaroo 2009 is one celebrating the rich musical legacy of Africa. On Friday, The Other Tent will offer an outstanding program of irresistible dance grooves and awe-inspiring musical mastery, opening with powerful hypnotic sounds of Asheville-based, Mali-schooled Toubab Krewe. The afternoon will continue as Mali's fast-rising guitarist Vieux Farka Touré carries the torch inherited from his legendary father, Ali Farka Touré. Banjo master Béla Fleck brings it all back home in duets with kora master Toumani Diabate, who is quite simply one of the world's greatest musicians. King Sunny Adé and his legendary band lay down their intoxicating juju rhythms in the late afternoon, and closing the day portion of the show will be the high energy of Mali's superstars Amadou and Mariam, returning for their second Bonnaroo appearance. At midnight, the deep Afro-pop grooves of the amazing Femi Kuti and the Positive Force will take us deep into the night. It's a mini-African music festival right in the heart of Bonnaroo. Be sure to drop by and bring your dancin' shoes!"

YESSSS I'm all about this.

Why couldn't this be any other day except Friday? I could stay at that stage all day and of course it's on the busiest, conflictiest day of the weekend.

feather
05-15-2009, 10:13 AM
Why couldn't this be any other day except Friday? I could stay at that stage all day and of course it's on the busiest, conflictiest day of the weekend.

Please find some time with me Patrick to get down with our ancestral AFRO-funk-adelic side!!!

rage patton
05-15-2009, 10:16 AM

My thoughts exactly. This tent should have been on Sunday. Or Thursday.

faxman75
05-15-2009, 10:17 AM
I want/need/have to see A Date With the Night DAMN IT!

Black Tongue would be nice again too.

Mr. Dylanja
05-15-2009, 10:17 AM
PLURsday, for sure :nono

chiapet
05-15-2009, 10:20 AM
Amy, I keep forgetting about the social groups because of how they're structured/accessed. I never remember to look at those parts of my profile, and I find it confusing to read most recent to earliest (nor am I able to remember where I last left off reading posts). It's a good idea that doesn't work very well for me.

faxman75
05-15-2009, 10:23 AM
I'm lost on the social group function. I also don't understand the purpose. Peole friend request me often and I accept but beyond seeing a little cross by their name where it shows "who's online" I don't see any usefulness for that either.

I miss tags, those were fun.

samnco
05-15-2009, 10:24 AM
A lot goes on in a short time around here. What is Omaha like thought , i dont think i have ever tried that.

miSTEVEious
05-15-2009, 10:27 AM
I dunno, I have been playing hold em' for a few years and I don't think i'll get bored any time soon. I accidently signed up for a razz game or a horse game once (because i'm usually baked when I play) and got destroyed. I can't wrap my head around rotating games. I barely have the patience for Hold em'. I finally have forced myself to sit back and let others destroy their stacks when it gets down to about the final 8 in an 18 person game. This strategy has had me finish first or second in the last 5 or so I have played. I'm not very good though. It's usually a struggle to be patient and before you know it i'm jumping in with J 7 unsuited or something.

ha! i HATE horse! i did the same thing once, intentionally actually, because i was baked as well. i had to have the instructions for each game up to reference. <3 omaha and nl

TommyboyUNM
This might not be relevant in this thread, but fuck it.

I'm leaning toward not going to Lollapalooza and using my vacation time for All Points West instead. What says you, thread?

faxman75
A lot goes on in a short time around here. What is Omaha like thought , i dont think i have ever tried that.

Somewhere in middle america.

Kinda like this. ;)

http://www.roadtripus.net/roadtripus/cgi-bin/images/omaha1.jpg

oh you mean this...

Omaha hold 'em (or Omaha holdem or simply Omaha) is a community card poker game similar to Texas hold 'em, where each player is dealt four cards and must make his best hand using exactly two of them, plus exactly three of the five community cards. The exact origination of the game is unknown, but casino executive Robert Turner first brought Omaha into a casino setting when he introduced the game to Bill Boyd who offered it as a game at the Las Vegas Golden Nugget Casino (calling it "Nugget Hold'em".)[1]

miSTEVEious
05-15-2009, 10:28 AM
omaha is just 4 cards instead of 2, and you have to you 2 and only 2 of the cards in your hand. in other words, you can't play the board, and you don't have a flush if you have only one club in your hand and there are 4 clubs on the board.

faxman75
05-15-2009, 10:28 AM
This might not be relevant in this thread, but fuck it.

I'm leaning toward not going to Lollapalooza and using my vacation time for All Points West instead. What says you, thread?

I think APW has the better lineup. I really really want to go.

chiapet
05-15-2009, 10:29 AM
I actually like Omaha, from what I recall. I'm not very good at poker of any type though, because I've not played more than a few times, ever. I'm bringing cards to Sasquatch. :)

Tommy, I think APW looks really good and wished I could go. Lolla is my consolation.

faxman75
05-15-2009, 10:29 AM
ha! i HATE horse! i did the same thing once, intentionally actually, because i was baked as well. i had to have the instructions for each game up to reference. <3 omaha and nl

Maybe i'll try it some more with some FPP or free games until I get a handle on it.

faxman75
05-15-2009, 10:30 AM
In omaha, if you have 3 pocket aces you can only use two of them ehh?

Mr. Dylanja
05-15-2009, 10:31 AM
I'm not very good at poker of any type though,

I bet you're good a strip poker :lips

amyzzz
05-15-2009, 10:31 AM
I might be up for the African tent Friday. I can't remember what else I'm doing that day except the late night madness.

Mr. Dylanja
05-15-2009, 10:32 AM

This is true.

Poker: Not a card game played with people but a people game played with cards.

amyzzz
05-15-2009, 10:33 AM
Amy, I keep forgetting about the social groups because of how they're structured/accessed. I never remember to look at those parts of my profile, and I find it confusing to read most recent to earliest (nor am I able to remember where I last left off reading posts). It's a good idea that doesn't work very well for me.
Cop-out. It's more in-depth and guys can't get in. We can't quote each other or put smilies, but at least it's private. Just start at the bottom of the first page that shows up. Sometimes people don't post for a couple days so it's all good.

miSTEVEious
05-15-2009, 10:37 AM

yeah AAAX isn't even very good...little chance to improve so u know u have to show down just a pair of aces which sucks in omaha

samnco
05-15-2009, 10:37 AM
they both are pretty sickly, i would pick lollapalooza personally.

faxman75
05-15-2009, 10:38 AM
Why wouldn't a pair of aces still be good in a game where you can only use 5 cards?

faxman75
05-15-2009, 10:39 AM
D$, do you have any plans tomorrow evening? We have put a card game together. Cesar and Sin(Jason) are likely to be playing as well. It's in Mesa but we can work something out as far as transporation goes if you are interested. $20 buy in about 5-6 players.

samnco
05-15-2009, 10:42 AM
Omaha sounds fun.. damn my lack of home internet , i just want to play games right now.

Mr. Dylanja
05-15-2009, 10:50 AM
Why wouldn't a pair of aces still be good in a game where you can only use 5 cards?

You must use two of your hole cards regardless.

Ex: Your hand Ac 10d 2d Qh

The board comes

4c 6c Jc 9s 2c

You do not have a flush even though you have the Ace of Clubs. Sadly, your best hand would be a pair of dueces with an ace kicker :nono

Mr. Dylanja
05-15-2009, 10:52 AM
D$, do you have any plans tomorrow evening?

Thanks for the offer, my little brother is having a birthday party tomorrow and I'm going to spend the rest of my evening seducing Ally :)

faxman75
05-15-2009, 10:58 AM
Thanks for the offer, my little brother is having a birthday party tomorrow and I'm going to spend the rest of my evening seducing Ally :)

Only after I take her to breakfast tomorrow. ;)

faxman75
05-15-2009, 11:00 AM

The board comes

4c 6c Jc 9s 2c

You do not have a flush even though you have the Ace of Clubs. Sadly, your best hand would be a pair of dueces with an ace kicker :nono

I got that, but I still don't understand how a pair of pocket aces is a bad thing.

Mr. Dylanja
05-15-2009, 11:02 AM
A pair is good, three in the hole is no good because it decreases the chances of an ace coming up on the board.

Omaha-high best starting hand is AAKK double suited.
Omaha-high/lo best starting hand is AA22 double suited (but that's a different monster entirely)

chiapet
05-15-2009, 11:04 AM
D, I am perhaps better at strip poker, because I'm more motivated, to not lose my clothes. Of course I have not played strip poker since I was a minor.

Blinken
05-15-2009, 11:06 AM

The board comes

4c 6c Jc 9s 2c

I just found out that me and my friends have been playing Omaha wrong for years. We never knew that you had to use 2 of your hole cards, this is the first time I ever heard that rule.

miSTEVEious
05-15-2009, 11:06 AM

it's not terrible before the flop but in omaha the nuts come out more often. if you play pairs down to the end (even two pair) you'll find yourself losing some big pots

samnco
05-15-2009, 11:08 AM
Never played strip poker.. and i would have to be really fucked up to do so. And Dylan, you are going to mile high, thats awesome! I'm excited for the season to start for me. I feel very blessed to live in such a great city , and lucky to have red rocks about 9 miles from my house

miSTEVEious
05-15-2009, 11:08 AM
thing with omaha is that there is far less pre-flop disparity

AA vs 76s in holdem is like 80% for AA or something

AsAhKsKh vs 8d7c6d5c is only something like a 55% favorite

lots of suck outs, and it increases your incentive to see the flop

faxman75
05-15-2009, 11:09 AM
Interesting. I'll have to play some.

Mr. Dylanja
05-15-2009, 11:10 AM
I just found out that me and my friends have been playing Omaha wrong for years. We never knew that you had to use 2 of your hole cards, this is the first time I ever heard that rule.

Yeah Blink, have to play two and only two, if you have 3 suited hole cards and 2 come up on the board you still only have 4 to a flush.

Omaha is wicked.

faxman75
05-15-2009, 11:10 AM
I feel very blessed to live in such a great city ,

Blessed? Like by god?

Blinken
05-15-2009, 11:15 AM
Yeah Blink, have to play two and only two, if you have 3 suited hole cards and 2 come up on the board you still only have 4 to a flush.

Omaha is wicked.

I knew that you can't play more than two cards, I just always thought you could use only one, to get a flush. Even then unless it is the ace you are fucked in Omaha. I used to play lots of Omaha too. :nono

Faxy, just remember in Omaha you see lots more trips and fullhouses, so chances are anything less that trips won't win. Monster hands happen all the time.

amyzzz
05-15-2009, 11:19 AM
Blessed? Like by god?

Geez, faxy, if anyone even gives off the slightest whiff of religiosity you freak out. There are very good, nice religious people that aren't crazy right wingers. I knew several from my old church days in high school; I knew
one Dad-aged churchgoer who was even PRO drug legalization.

Mr. Dylanja
05-15-2009, 11:21 AM
zzz's, *high five*

Faxy, :nono

Sam, bless you :)

faxman75
05-15-2009, 11:24 AM
Amy, I have many religious friends. The word blessed makes me giggle. I wasn't going in for any type of attack.

I love sweet old black ladies who tell me to have a "blessed day" I don't find it offensive, I find it sweet. I like people. Even religious people. I do enjoy poking fun at religion though and all other kinds of inapropriate things so I also understand when people get upset with jokes about inapropriate subjects. I just haven't learned to stop making them apparently.

TommyboyUNM
05-15-2009, 11:26 AM
Fax. You will soon learn of His gifts and He will bless you with a good heart.

Mr. Dylanja
05-15-2009, 11:27 AM
Amen.

amyzzz
05-15-2009, 11:36 AM
hahaha.

Ok, faxy. I was being pre-emptive to help out our poor newbie.

chiapet
05-15-2009, 11:38 AM
My dad was a religious zealot yet still did tons of drugs. Mostly 'natural' ones though. If "god" put them here... :)

amyzzz
05-15-2009, 11:42 AM
Mescaline is "natural." :)

chiapet
05-15-2009, 11:45 AM
It is, he always included prepared, yet natural, substances. Though I guess he consumed his share of chemicals too.

faxman75
05-15-2009, 11:45 AM
hahaha.

Ok, faxy. I was being pre-emptive to help out our poor newbie.

It's all good Amy. I'm a big shit talker, I figure most peole know that. I don't have a problem with Sam, in fact we PM'd a bit yesterday and I told her to put a helmet on. No reason I can't test how durable that helmet is. :lool

In your defense I'm fairly certain my roommate told his mother who was staying with us for a couple days not to talk politics or religion with me. Before giving her opinion on immigration and us having a rather civil and nice conversation about the issue she said something like "I was told not to discuss politics with you...but I believe the mexicans....".

I thought it was funny he went out of his way to warn her. Where's that youtube of a drunken fax yelling at a street preacher and losing his breath in the process...

samnco
05-15-2009, 11:48 AM
Oh, I am not religious. At all, and I'm not a fan of organized religion, i actually despise it. I got sent to Faith Christian for my last two years of highschool. I often times got picked on or in trouble because i refused to do prayer requests in class. It was always the same shit over and over... "pray for the seniors and their tough choices" , "pray for ashley's grandma, that she returns safely from her vacation." Like, i dont give a fuck about any of that and im not going to pretend to. "Dear God..." so repetitive!

trancehiphop
05-15-2009, 11:52 AM
Just downloaded passion pit and mr.oizo albums, hollyfuck...

SoulDischarge
05-15-2009, 11:54 AM
Please find some time with me Patrick to get down with our ancestral AFRO-funk-adelic side!!!

Oh you know it. I'm going to try to hit up something during the day, but if nothing else, we will all be getting down to Femi Kuti together to start out our Friday late night roll marathon.

SoulDischarge
05-15-2009, 11:56 AM
Fax. You will soon learn of His gifts and He will bless you with a good heart.

. . . leaving you weak and defenseless against the smarter vultures.

trancehiphop
05-15-2009, 11:57 AM
It's all good Amy. I'm a big shit talker, I figure most peole know that.

This is so true, I just met the guy and he was busting my balls already but I knew he meant no harm. He was just having a good time. I thought it was hilarious when him and Wastedtime were going at it in the AAC area. I couldn't stop laughing, my face cheeks were hurting by the time I walked away from them two. Good times, HAHA!

amyzzz
05-15-2009, 12:00 PM
Oh, I am not religious. At all, and I'm not a fan of organized religion, i actually despise it. I got sent to Faith Christian for my last two years of highschool. I often times got picked on or in trouble because i refused to do prayer requests in class. It was always the same shit over and over... "pray for the seniors and their tough choices" , "pray for ashley's grandma, that she returns safely from her vacation." Like, i dont give a fuck about any of that and im not going to pretend to. "Dear God..." so repetitive!Do I sense a love connection, faxy?

faxman75
05-15-2009, 12:03 PM
We were going at it but that was real irritation. That guy was a major annoyance to me. Sorry if he's your friend or something but I couldn't pretend he wasn't bugging the shit out of me so I started to just mock whatever the fuck he was talking about, i don't remember many specifics but rest assured that was me being annoyed by him. :)

faxman75
05-15-2009, 12:04 PM
Do I sense a love connection, faxy?

:pulse

chiapet
05-15-2009, 12:06 PM
Hey look! You have a new avatar.

trancehiphop
05-15-2009, 12:09 PM
We were going at it but that was real irritation. That guy was a major annoyance to me. Sorry if he's your friend or something but I couldn't pretend he wasn't bugging the shit out of me so I started to just mock whatever the fuck he was talking about, i don't remember many specifics but rest assured that was me being annoyed by him. :)

No need to be sorry about the way you feel, it is what it is. No sense in faking how you feel in life. If you feel a certain way, you should have no reason to bottle up those feelings, like Will Farrell says in Blades of Glory, "mindbottling".

faxman75
05-15-2009, 12:10 PM
Hey look! You have a new avatar.

Yep, lookin' sexy and shaved the hippie beard. I intended on keeping it throughout the festival season but then i realized I don't exactly have a lady and the Dom Deloise look wasn't winning me any beauty contests.

I also figure that's exactly what I look like while i'm typing :lool

miSTEVEious
05-15-2009, 12:17 PM
samnco are you going to bonnaroo or just joining us here in this thread?

samnco
05-15-2009, 12:19 PM
Oh ,ya know.. just hanging out. I'm going to Roth instead of Roo actually. I would like to go to everything but money is always the issue isn't it.

chiapet
05-15-2009, 12:25 PM
I dunno, Mark, I think the beard sort of suited you, but I bet it could be miserable in TN summer humidity.

faxman75
05-15-2009, 12:25 PM
She got hit pretty hard in another thread yesterday. I'm thinking Ron pointed out to her that this is sort of a safe haven.

faxman75
05-15-2009, 12:26 PM
I dunno, Mark, I think the beard sort of suited you, but I bet it could be miserable in TN summer humidity.

Really? I asked people several times in different threads and didn't really get any responses. Maybe i'm just one of those freaky looking people no matter what type of moss I have growing from my face.