PDA

View Full Version : The Official Bonnaroo 2009 Coachella Board thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 [78] 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115

herro kitty
04-24-2009, 02:28 PM
AMY........

If I have to dress up as a flight attendant and sneak you in, I will! :)

TommyboyUNM
04-24-2009, 02:30 PM
I really appreciate that you guys want to chip in for me, but I just can't accept your money. Also, I feel bad that I keep saying I want to go and haven't made a firm decision yet. I should just STFU and decide one way or the other. And I will, sometime soon. It's just I loved seeing you all at Coach (the people I did see), and I want to experience that joy again ASAP.

Our offers aren't entirely unselfish. You see, that would mean we'd get to hang with YOU. But, I can respect your wishes. At least we'll have NINJA :)

amyzzz
Im happy I saw YYYs with Amy right next to me! Although that Sunday I was so fried, I just remember it like a dream
Salah, you did seem kind of out of it. I want to see you when you're bubbling over with joy and excitement--I guess I should've hung out with you at The Killers. :)

(but omg mbv was so great at the back of my mind i want to figure out a way to apw)

TommyboyUNM
AMY........

If I have to dress up as a flight attendant and sneak you in, I will! :)

Amy, she's gonna dress as a flight attendant anyway. You might as well utilize it.

hawkingvsreeve
04-24-2009, 02:31 PM
Please consider my application into the Mile High club.

Daft Fro
04-24-2009, 02:33 PM
Are most of you guys flying in and taking the shuttle from the airport?

I think I am just going to do that, since you get to camp closer (if you don't have a car) to Centeroo, or so I hear?

sbessiso
04-24-2009, 02:38 PM
Salah, you did seem kind of out of it. I want to see you when you're bubbling over with joy and excitement--I guess I should've hung out with you at The Killers. :)

(but omg mbv was so great at the back of my mind i want to figure out a way to apw)

Yeah I was still feeling the rolls from the night before, I even cried a little during Gold Lion. My emotions were just out of whack

But YES!!! MBV kicked so much ass. SO MUCH ASS. I expected to hate them and I loved every second of it

chiapet
04-24-2009, 02:38 PM
You do get to camp closer if you do not have a vehicle.

However, I think most/all of us are planning on having vehicles.

chiapet
04-24-2009, 02:40 PM
Salah, I am seriously overjoyed that you liked MBV. I talked to a few other PAW people who were really digging them, too.

So you have obtained Loveless and Isn't Anything now right?

amyzzz
04-24-2009, 02:43 PM
hrm. I still need Isn't Anything.

canexplain
04-24-2009, 02:44 PM
Brandon, I'll be worried about your drive too. Text me when you get in safely. K? Thx.

geez no one was worried about me driving 3,000 miles ... :( cr*****

amyzzz
04-24-2009, 02:47 PM
Let me know next time you drive 3,000 miles, Ron, and I will be worried. :thu

TommyboyUNM
04-24-2009, 02:47 PM
geez no one was worried about me driving 3,000 miles ... :( cr*****

You've made the trip countless times and you're very wise. Brandon is just a lil' fragile guy who acts on impulse. I worry about him a lot.

chiapet
04-24-2009, 02:50 PM
Ron, I'm blatantly sexist about the driving thing. I worry more for the women driving by themselves. I know it's not fair. Something bad could happen to anyone.

I think it's because pretty much the only thing that I'm afraid to do by myself is drive long, especially rural/isolated, distances by myself. I blame college + cars that would always break down in the middle of nowhere. I used to have to hitchhike a lot.

amyzzz
04-24-2009, 02:55 PM
I've driven to Houston and to SF all by myself from Phoenix, and my tire even blew out on the way back from Houston (got towed back to the nearest town). But it's true I can't really fix the car by myself. I'm actually not sure how Jacob feels about the whole driving idea yet anyway. (i wish he would just come with me!)

canexplain
04-24-2009, 03:02 PM
yea i was just kidding any way ..... if i could drive all the way from denver to los cabos and back by myself, thru all of these small towns with kids, yes kids, with m16's, i watch my back :) cr****

apostle2
04-24-2009, 03:02 PM
You do get to camp closer if you do not have a vehicle.

Just wanted to point out, this is not necessarily true.

I'm driving cross country in two weeks, taking the southern route through all the nothing ness. who knows if I will make it out haha

herro kitty
04-24-2009, 03:03 PM
Brandon! Pick Amy up!!!!!!

chiapet
04-24-2009, 03:04 PM
Just wanted to point out, this is not necessarily true.

Ah, right, the camping only section is small, right? I briefly considered that option before realizing I want to be able to get in the car and throw on the AC :)

chiapet
04-24-2009, 03:06 PM
It's very weird how biased I am about the driving, and it's even US-centric. Backpacking / wandering around Europe alone didn't bother me at all. All of my scary traveling experiences have been with car breakdowns in rural America.

apostle2
04-24-2009, 03:11 PM
Ah, right, the camping only section is small, right? I briefly considered that option before realizing I want to be able to get in the car and throw on the AC :)

yup, all depends on arrival time. it would be prettttty shitty to have to camp in the farther away sections W/O a car and all of the perks.

Mr. Dylanja
04-24-2009, 03:19 PM
All my real life friends keep asking, "what are we going to do on Wednesday?"

"Meet up with my internet friends," I tell them.

It's gotten to the point where I'm embarrassed to talk about them with you guys.

And don't worry, we'll be at Wal-Mart w/ zzzizzzles!!

chiapet
04-24-2009, 03:53 PM
As it should be D. Of course at this point, you are still an imaginary friend to me. :nono

I think most of my 'real life' friends are 'internet' friends, since we spend all day online talking about going to do things that we rarely follow through on. Until someone twitters "i'm at the bar having bloody marys" then we all come together.

Blinken
04-24-2009, 04:35 PM
Salah, I am seriously overjoyed that you liked MBV. I talked to a few other PAW people who were really digging them, too.

MBV was soooooo much better than I thought they would be, one of my favorite sets of the weekend. Plus the crowd reactions were awesome, people running away with their hands over their ears. Some dude was tripping and trying to block/fight the holocaust with the top of a recycling bin. When I finally saw his face it was an expression of pure terror. I may be evil but that was the funniest thing I saw all weekend.

I want to someday drive from LA to New York the southern route then up the eastern seaboard and back through the northen states. Kinda circle the country. I don't when I will get to do it but it seems like a great adventure.

Mr. Dylanja
04-24-2009, 04:38 PM
Abe Lincoln, it was cool saying, "hey man, how are ya?" last Friday.

There will been no avoiding the blunted-bonnaroo-bullshitting at camp, I can't wait.

chiapet
04-24-2009, 04:43 PM
I want to someday drive from LA to New York the southern route then up the eastern seaboard and back through the northen states. Kinda circle the country. I don't when I will get to do it but it seems like a great adventure.

I've been through most of the eastern and southern US, and the west coastal states. Almost nothing in the middle. I have a vaguely planned out road trip to go through ID->MT->WY->CO->NM->AZ->UT, hitting national parks and camping. I was assuming I'd end up driving it myself, but was talking to my friend about it on the drive to Coachella and it sounds like she's in. Hopefully I'll find a way to work a bunch of music into it too. I'd love to catch something local in every city I go through.

canexplain
04-24-2009, 04:52 PM
I've been through most of the eastern and southern US, and the west coastal states. Almost nothing in the middle. I have a vaguely planned out road trip to go through ID->MT->WY->CO->NM->AZ->UT, hitting national parks and camping. I was assuming I'd end up driving it myself, but was talking to my friend about it on the drive to Coachella and it sounds like she's in. Hopefully I'll find a way to work a bunch of music into it too. I'd love to catch something local in every city I go through.

ya chia do it ... one day, me and mine went from LA going hwy 101, hitting every NP,yosemiti sp, redwoods, glacier, etc all the way to canada, then we did the x canada hwy to nova schoca sp then down thru all of those other states, vt, nh, anyway, then down to nashville (the roo :) ... i know ladies are somewhat more at risk, so you either go with it, or watch tv ......then there was the time to fathfully reproduce going route 66 all the way, but as they say, thats another story :)..... cr****

chiapet
04-24-2009, 04:55 PM
Ron, it is a bit embarrassing to admit, but I have not done that trip (101 - even the California part). It's on my list as well. I grew up in the country and was very uninterested in camping or being in the great outdoors... now after 15 years of city life, I enjoy getting away from the concrete sometimes. :)

Blinken
04-24-2009, 05:03 PM
I have done the 101/highway 1 down from Santa Cruz to LA one night when I left at midnight, missed the 152 exit and said fuck it. Awesome drive. I would love to take it further up the coast some day, I just feel like I need to see more of this country.

chiapet
04-24-2009, 05:08 PM
I've done 1/101 from SF to LA with my brother, and we're planning to do SF to Portland or Seattle the next time he's out here. I've done parts of it and really love the Oregon coast in particular.

paulb
04-24-2009, 05:11 PM
Chia......have fun with the BBoys in SF..... maybe ill be there somehow.

faxman75
04-24-2009, 06:20 PM
I will find a computer and update my facebook status.

Just twitter, we'll all follow.

faxman75
04-24-2009, 06:23 PM

That's what i'm thinking but I know it's not going to happen for me. Uggh. :D

rage patton
04-24-2009, 06:24 PM
Wait... Barbra is comming to Bonnaroo too? Awesome.

faxman75
04-24-2009, 06:25 PM

I have trouble enjoying them on my ipod now. It's just not the same. I want the alive aural assault again please.

faxman75
04-24-2009, 06:25 PM
Wait... Barbra is comming to Bonnaroo too? Awesome.

Yep, she's been in for a while. She's in Tommy's car I think.

faxman75
04-24-2009, 06:28 PM
All my real life friends keep asking, "what are we going to do on Wednesday?"

"Meet up with my internet friends," I tell them.

It's gotten to the point where I'm embarrassed to talk about them with you guys.

And don't worry, we'll be at Wal-Mart w/ zzzizzzles!!

:rotfl

rage patton
04-24-2009, 06:28 PM
I guess I am out of the loop. But Barbra is a blast, so this is awesome.

Also, I was kind of thinking of going to APW... but now there is a chance I may be going to France for 2 weeks at the end of August. Part of the trip will include a music festival called "Rock En Siene" which has acts like Faith No More, Madness and The Prodigy playing. So I am hoping I can figure that one out. If that falls through, I may wind up at APW.

faxman75
04-24-2009, 06:38 PM
Nice Josh, very nice. I'm glad you are as festival obsessed as the rest of us. It's fucking wonderful!

chiapet
04-24-2009, 06:44 PM
Josh, if you have a chance to do that, please do. It will be amazing. As much as I love the festivals, I've enjoyed trips overseas so much more. Paris is one of those cities that was not at the top of my list, I was thinking... I never managed to learn French well, don't like French food, am not that interested in fashion... what is there for me? I only went the first time on a lark because I had friends living there and it only cost me the price of a Eurorail ticket. And I had nothing but the most incredible time. The food was incredible, people are nice, the people watching is amazing, I saw good music, drank so much excellent wine, I could go on and on but I'll just say it's one of my favorite cities.

chiapet
04-24-2009, 06:47 PM
I think I may sit at home all weekend. I'm so tired! I've never so much enjoyed being at home with my couch and my tivo.

rage patton
04-24-2009, 06:56 PM
My fiancee LOVES France. And by France, I mean the south of France. She actually HATES Paris. But French is her minor and she has always wanted to show me France. So with Faith No More, Madness and The Prodigy all at the same festival, it gives us a very good reason to go. We're thinking of flying into Cannes and travelling up through France until we hit Paris. I hope I can make it work.

paulb
04-24-2009, 06:58 PM
anyone else on the lineup yet?

chiapet
04-24-2009, 07:06 PM
Hates Paris, really? how? why??? I just can't imagine anyone who's been there hating it.

rage patton
04-24-2009, 07:06 PM
Rock En Seine (http://www.rockenseine.com/2009/line-up.php)

faxman75
04-24-2009, 07:07 PM
I want to see Niece.

paulb
04-24-2009, 07:22 PM
Paris is decent.... been there for a day 1/2..... Le Zenith was a nice venue...

sbessiso
04-24-2009, 07:27 PM
whats going on? whos going to Paris?

I miss you guys btw :(

rage patton
04-24-2009, 07:28 PM
I might be going to France in August.

And I don't really care about Paris... the South of France look gorgeous though.

sbessiso
04-24-2009, 07:30 PM
Oh sweet!

Ive always wanted to go to France. I will one day, I find the French language to be the most beautiful in the world

paulb
04-24-2009, 07:39 PM
I miss you guys btw :(

talk to the hand, fucker.

apostle2
04-24-2009, 07:40 PM
I went to Paris for three days a couple years ago, and attempted to only speak French for the entire time there. By the third day I was shoplifting from corner stores because it was easier than asking for help...

sbessiso
04-24-2009, 07:42 PM
talk to the hand, fucker.

I will always and forever cherish your late night tent attack on me. I can still feel you on me (sorry jenny!)

chiapet
04-24-2009, 07:48 PM
apostle, seriously? not my experience at all. I speak almost no french, but just trying goes a long way. People went out of their way to help me. I've been there three times and that was my experience each time. On the other hand, especially in very touristy areas, demanding help in English gets you nowhere because there are pushy English, Americans and Germans around expecting everyone to speak English or German no matter which country they're in.

I have nothing negative at all to say about Paris. And believe me, it was the place I was least interested in going, before I went the first time.

And Paul, I liked the Zenith a lot too. There are a couple of other really cool venues there, I can't remember what I saw, bands I'd never heard of.

apostle2
04-24-2009, 08:42 PM
nah, it was more because I was just imposing my rule too strictly. at my best (long gone) I spoke french well and managed to communicate with the locals in a couple conversations, and they definitely do appreciate when foreigners make an attempt. I actually thought one or two times I was pulling it off and maybe convincing parisiens I was at least canadian or something...haha. but by day three of speaking nothing other than a foreign language, I was ready to just not speak at all rather than break my rules and search for things in english.

edit: I liked Paris a lot, by the way. second favorite city in europe.

rage patton
04-24-2009, 08:54 PM
Well, I guess hate was the wrong word to use. She just prefers the rest of France to Paris. She says the south is prettier, has more history and the people are FAR nicer.

chiapet
04-24-2009, 09:51 PM
apostle, I really didn't try too hard -- I took French in college but struggled with it and long ago forgot it all. A few phrases go a long way in Paris. I'm told that getting more into the countryside you do actually need to be able to speak some French.

I spent about a month in Spain a few years ago and after the first few days (in Barcelona where the Catalunyan confused the hell out of me), I managed to get by only speaking Spanish and it was a very different type of trip. When I got outside of Catalonia (and outside of major cities especially) not many people spoke English. Unlike France, they were very eager to try (and would say they could speak English) but there was not enough to communicate about anything really. In retrospect, I'm glad I was forced not to use English as I spent more time in locals restaurants, bars, etc, and almost none in places that cater to tourists.

The language situation was interesting though. It's amazing how quickly you pick it up when you're immersed. I used to be fluent, but it had been so many years that I really couldn't remember anything of use. By the end of the trip, I was having pretty lengthy conversations and getting double-takes when showing my passport (I have a tendency to leech local accents even in English and had a decent madrilena accent going at the end of my trip). A few months after I came back, I'd already forgotten most. Kind of embarrassing. :) I guess even in CA I don't often have a reason to speak it, so I don't remember anything except the most basic vocabulary.

jennygirl
04-24-2009, 09:56 PM
Well, I guess hate was the wrong word to use. She just prefers the rest of France to Paris. She says the south is prettier, has more history and the people are FAR nicer.

The more I get to know about her the more I fall in love with her.... I've been to both the south of France and Paris and can state with confidence that the south of France kicks Paris' ass. Get up into the hills and see the Matisse chapel and the Giacometti museum and omg so much amazingness to be had there. Also the best food ever known to man exists in the south of France. Yeah... Becky rulez.

jennygirl
04-24-2009, 09:57 PM
... (sorry jenny!)

lol ur cute :)

rage patton
04-24-2009, 10:48 PM
Woh... wait. Pheonix are a Cafe act? Aren't they a little big to be a Cafe act?

apostle2
04-24-2009, 11:43 PM
chia, you're so right about the immersion. I feel like that also helped my retention a lot as well. I learned some spanish in college, and 6 months after I stopped, I had lost everything...literally, everything. haha. but because of the time I spent exclusively speaking french, it is hard for me to come out of the gates speaking it, but if I am dropped in a situation and given time to warm up, I can usually eventually hold conversations again.

the thing i noticed about the french people is they actually got playful with us. they would realize what we were trying to do and specifically slow down the conversation, then suddenly drop in a bunch of random phrases that we couldn't possibly understand. in spain, everyone just hated me. I don't know why. but the spanish were NOT pleased...haha

apostle2
04-24-2009, 11:44 PM
Woh... wait. Pheonix are a Cafe act? Aren't they a little big to be a Cafe act?

I'm kind of confused by this as well. if they are in the cafe, though, that just means a tiny packed tent, which will be perfect for them.

herro kitty
04-24-2009, 11:48 PM
PAAAAARTTYYYYYYY

I can't wait for Al Green :)

So tired of being alone, so tired on my own

TommyboyUNM
04-24-2009, 11:50 PM
So I'm having visions of a BonnaThread Roll Extravaganza at the Roo. Who all is interested? PM me or just tell me right here, I don't care. I just think it would be great if all of us picked a time and rolled together. If I know how many people are interested I can talk to my person ASAP and line the rolls up before Bonnaroo. And it'll be stuff that I trust more, rather than possible impure stuff from the campground. From there, I can ask my ex-girlfriend to transport it for me because she's driving. Just some thoughts floating around in my little mind.

So who's in for the BonnaThread Roll Extravaganza? :)

apostle2
04-24-2009, 11:52 PM
I really, REALLY hope both al green and erykah don't conflict with other stuff I want to see. at this point though, I would probably pick the good Reverend over all but 4 or 5 bands.

herro kitty
04-24-2009, 11:54 PM
Tommy, we'll be rolling every night.

TommyboyUNM
04-24-2009, 11:56 PM

Hehe, but I want the entire group to do it TOGETHER one night. ;)

herro kitty
04-24-2009, 11:59 PM
Count me in, of course :D

OH MY FUCKING GOD

TRIUMPH THE INSULT COMIC DOG IS GOING TO BE THERE????

It seems like every time I look at the line up it gets better and better!!!!

boarderwoozel3
04-25-2009, 12:01 AM
So I'm having visions of a BonnaThread Roll Extravaganza at the Roo. Who all is interested? PM me or just tell me right here, I don't care. I just think it would be great if all of us picked a time and rolled together. If I know how many people are interested I can talk to my person ASAP and line the rolls up before Bonnaroo. And it'll be stuff that I trust more, rather than possible impure stuff from the campground. From there, I can ask my ex-girlfriend to transport it for me because she's driving. Just some thoughts floating around in my little mind.

Hehe, but I want the entire group to do it TOGETHER one night. ;)

WANT! I'll be there in spirit :/

SoulDischarge
04-25-2009, 01:08 AM

Do you really even need to ask?

rage patton
04-25-2009, 08:52 AM
WANT! I'll be there in spirit :/

Screw Lolla... come to the Roo, Jeff!

Blinken
04-25-2009, 10:44 AM
So the Cafe is just a small tent right? I was checking out the Cafe acts last night and there is alot of good stuff in there this year. Russian Circles, The Giraffes, and Mt. St. Helens Vietnam Band. Plus there a few more I think I will be spending alot of time in the cafe this year. :thu

Here is where you can find the cafe acts
http://www.bonnaroo.com/artists/latest/cafes.aspx

chiapet
04-25-2009, 11:11 AM
I've already stated my intentions Tommy :)

Mr. Dylanja
04-25-2009, 11:24 AM
I picked up my Absinth from the P.O. today :D

Of course I'm down w/ the group roll, BEASTIE BOYS!!!!

chiapet
04-25-2009, 11:25 AM
Do they actually have 'real' absinthe in the US now? The stuff I've had domestically was just like anise flavored liquor.

chiapet
04-25-2009, 11:27 AM
Mark, my sasquatch + bonnaroo play lists for the drives are well under way. I'm digging a ton of the Sasquatch PNW bands I'd never heard of.

Mr. Dylanja
04-25-2009, 11:32 AM
Do they actually have 'real' absinthe in the US now? The stuff I've had domestically was just like anise flavored liquor.

This stuff is from The Czech Republic.

sin213
04-25-2009, 11:33 AM
no, the us doesn't offer "real" absinthe.

chiapet
04-25-2009, 11:40 AM
I am fucking FREEZING and almost wishing for Tennessee heat and humidity :)

Mr. Dylanja
04-25-2009, 11:43 AM
Today it's nice and breezy here in AZ.

Jason, did you plan on taping tonight? This wind will be a factor, huh?

faxman75
04-25-2009, 11:56 AM
I love the Czech Republic. I saw NIN added a show there, how sweet would that be?!

Tommy, I am in for a group roll so put me down for 1. :D

The Flaming Lips were in the yahoo headlines today. Something about the governor of Oklahoma allowing "Do You Realize" to be the state song after some nuts were complaining about it. Good to see the Governor take the side of the Lips.

sin213
04-25-2009, 11:57 AM
yeah, i was planning on taping...but i was just outside a min ago and was thinking the same thing...pretty windy. it should die down tonight though. i'll record regardless...hopefully it won't be a track of wind. ;)

faxman75
04-25-2009, 11:58 AM
Hopefully we get a great set list tonight.

sin213
04-25-2009, 11:59 AM
i'm sure it will be. and put me down for the group thing.

sbessiso
04-25-2009, 12:44 PM
Im going to consume so much ecstasy for Bruce Springsteen. Anyone that wants to join already knows where to find me

hawkingvsreeve
04-25-2009, 01:01 PM
Seriously?

Mr. Dylanja
04-25-2009, 06:42 PM
Way to kill the thread with your BOSSTIME, Sabeezy. I know Chia is upset nobody is posting in here.

That was for you Chi :winkiss

chiapet
04-25-2009, 06:46 PM
Er... D, what, you saw me unidle? :) You know I almost posted something about no body posting.

Mr. Dylanja
04-25-2009, 06:46 PM
I didn't stalk you at all (frealz) it's just that connection WE have...

chiapet
04-25-2009, 06:47 PM
That must be it. :pulse

sbessiso
04-25-2009, 06:47 PM
I still think the cure should play Bonnaroo. Nobody would even dream of cutting the power on them

Also, MBV late night set would be so awesome

Mr. Dylanja
04-25-2009, 06:48 PM
I'm at home doing laundry while a good portion of the RooKrew is out at the FLips show :(

Sad Panda...

chiapet
04-25-2009, 06:52 PM
A Cure set where they were allowed to go as long as they like... my god. I would be in ecstasy.

Weren't you going to the show tonight, D? :(

I am at home cooking a ton of stuff and catching up on some tv while avoiding laundry.

paulb
04-25-2009, 07:03 PM
Also, MBV late night set would be so awesome

best. idea. ever.

hawkingvsreeve
04-25-2009, 07:08 PM
I want set times for this bitch.

chiapet
04-25-2009, 07:12 PM
How early do they publish them? Sasquatch is 3 weeks before... hopefully they will be out by then so I can plan accordingly for the bands who are playing both. :)

apostle2
04-25-2009, 07:28 PM
my guess for the schedule is May 20th. Maybe as early as May 13th, maybe as late as May 27th, but most likely smack in the middle.

I am dying for set times to come out now, coachella fever has broken into a roo flu.

Mr. Dylanja
04-25-2009, 07:31 PM
Are we going to get any more mid-sized or bigger adds?

hawkingvsreeve
04-25-2009, 07:44 PM
my guess for the schedule is May 20th. Maybe as early as May 13th, maybe as late as May 27th, but most likely smack in the middle.

I am dying for set times to come out now, coachella fever has broken into a roo flu.

Better than swine flu.

I just want to know who is on which day. The fact that you dont find out for certain until the set times come out is ridiculous.

apostle2
04-25-2009, 08:08 PM
Are we going to get any more mid-sized or bigger adds?

I would guess 2-3 more mid-sized additions are left, and a handful of small stage acts, maybe 8 acts total. usually they do like 5 rounds, including a round for comedy and cafe, but this year they combined the first couple rounds into one big one. So I'd say we have one more real round of additions left.

I just want to know who is on which day. The fact that you dont find out for certain until the set times come out is ridiculous.

That inforoo list is probably 80% accurate, there are always some bands each year that just have their information completely incorrect though. I would guess that some of the friday ones are off.

hawkingvsreeve
04-25-2009, 08:10 PM
They better be. Sunday is bleeding out while Friday is pounding the Powerthirst.

apostle2
04-25-2009, 08:25 PM
sunday definitely will be the weakest of the three main days, but it is every year. it looks empty because there are no late night slots, which account for a good 12 bands each on Fri/Sat, and the headliner starts earlier on sunday so they can have a stupidly long jam set. they will have Phish scheduled for something like 7pm -11pm this year haha

hawkingvsreeve
04-25-2009, 08:30 PM
That is fine and all, but even the mid day talent is just not there. It may not be such a bad thing though, to sort of ease your way out of the festival.

apostle2
04-25-2009, 08:56 PM
yeah, I am always pretty fried by sunday. I take time to walk around through the vendor village, seek out any food I wanted to try, stuff like that. I don't think I have ever watched more than three sets

chiapet
04-25-2009, 09:02 PM
Oh god. 4 hours of Phish. I guess I'll catch up on sleep on sunday night. :P

paulb
04-25-2009, 09:06 PM
i downloaded Toto's greatest hits.....has me thinkin about Sally, and how he hurt my feelings. :(

Mr. Dylanja
04-25-2009, 09:18 PM
Poor Paulina...

apostle2
04-25-2009, 09:20 PM
Oh god. 4 hours of Phish. I guess I'll catch up on sleep on sunday night. :P

pencil me in for an hour of phish, then the comedy headliner...haha

hawkingvsreeve
04-25-2009, 10:34 PM
I will not be watching Phish. I will explore during the noodling.

faxman75
04-26-2009, 12:41 AM
I plan on at least 1 hour of Phish during the late night set. I'll see how that goes.

sbessiso
04-26-2009, 04:04 AM
i downloaded Toto's greatest hits.....has me thinkin about Sally, and how he hurt my feelings. :(

Listen to "Africa" and feel my spirit there, Pauly. I'll make it up to you at Bonnaroo, where we can actually spend some time together inside

rage patton
04-26-2009, 10:32 AM
I will give Phish a chance on Sunday night.

Mr. Dylanja
04-26-2009, 10:56 AM
I'm with Josh, I'll catch them when they're unopposed.

rage patton
04-26-2009, 10:59 AM
Im guessing Friday night I will be watching Crystal Castles/Girl Talk or Femi Kuti... or Animal Collective if they turn out to be a late night set. No Phish on Friday for me.

Mr. Dylanja
04-26-2009, 11:01 AM
You mean you're going to miss the Friday Fish Fry???

faxman75
04-26-2009, 11:03 AM
The late night set has to be way more tolerable than the obnoxious end of fest never ending jam i'm sure they have prepared.

rage patton
04-26-2009, 11:08 AM
So it looks like Yeasayer are back to Saturday. *Sigh* As long as Yeasayer and NIN don't conflict, Im good.

Mr. Dylanja
04-26-2009, 11:08 AM
PHaxy, it's Fish, they ARE NEVER ENDING JAM!

faxman75
04-26-2009, 11:14 AM
I think I hear them starting already.

chiapet
04-26-2009, 11:29 AM
I don't know that I'm going to listen to Phish at all. We'll see when the set times come out.

sbessiso
04-26-2009, 11:30 AM
Phish is so goddamn boring

chiapet
04-26-2009, 11:33 AM
I have a feeling that on Sunday when Phish is playing I'm going to be back at the camp site drinking all by my lonesome :(

apostle2
04-26-2009, 12:14 PM
I have a feeling that on Sunday when Phish is playing I'm going to be back at the camp site drinking all by my lonesome :(

there won't be other major bands playing, but there will be a BUNCH of other cool stuff to do. a big comedy act, maybe a jazz tent act, something cool in the cinema, a yoga class or environmental speech at planet roo, silent disco, arcade discotheque...hundreds of vendors. Phish will be the greatest time to try EVERYTHING haha

pancakespancakes
04-26-2009, 12:21 PM
I do like how Sunday is super mellow this year, and then ends with a bang (for me anyway) with Phish's closing set. Last year Sunday was actually my biggest day because it was my first time seeing BSS. But I think it's good to relax a little on the final day and watch from the back. I already saw Band of Horses front row last weekend so no need to be up front this time...

pancakespancakes
04-26-2009, 12:22 PM
Bonnathread, I don't think I've posted in you since I got back from Chella.

Hello there Bonnathread. My mind is back on you again, as it will be from here on to June 10th.

sbessiso
04-26-2009, 12:22 PM
pancakes, why did you hide from me all weekend? You might not be so lucky in a couple months

pancakespancakes
04-26-2009, 12:25 PM
SALAH! I was actually really sad I never even met you this weekend, I thought I would have met all of you for sure! I only saw three bands at the main stage all weekend, Macca + YYYs + MBV, and that was it... quite a second-stage weekend for me.

I'm pretty sure I just met Tommy and Josh last weekend and that was it... bummer.

pancakespancakes
04-26-2009, 12:27 PM
Yep, I never met all from this list of people, plus the other list in another post which was like an additional five people:

I would especially enjoy meeting Tommy, JSam, rage, chiapet, Salah, Paul, and apostle,

Until June!

sbessiso
04-26-2009, 12:29 PM
Its ok man, I was at mainstage ALL WEEKEND. Whats funny is that I saw pictures of you, people were like "Look its pancakes!!" and I was like "awwwwwwwwwwwwww"

But I didnt get to meet apostle either, so you and I can tag team him when we see him

Mr. Dylanja
04-26-2009, 12:30 PM
Fuck off, AGAIN, Flapjacks :nono

pancakespancakes
04-26-2009, 12:35 PM
Maybe if Dylanja didn't put me on ignore I would want to shake his real-life hand :nono

sbessiso
04-26-2009, 12:37 PM
Handshakes are for strangers. You're getting a hug, pancakes. I think the only handshake I gave was for Gonshman. I didnt want to make him uncomfortable

Mr. Dylanja
I've never you used the ignore function, Flapjacks, I just can't consistently keep up with your extended/carried away posts.

pancakespancakes
I would also truly enjoy meeting hawking and Dylanja and Gonsh (again) and zizzles, and the more I think about it, pretty much everyone else who posts in this nice little thread... just sayin.

I did meet zizzles. And I think I saw hawking.

Mr. Dylanja
04-26-2009, 12:38 PM
Handshakes are for strangers. You're getting a hug, pancakes. I think the only handshake I gave was for Gonshman. I didnt want to make him uncomfortable

I'm squeezing for my Bonnaslaps....

pancakespancakes
I've never you used the ignore function, Flapjacks, I just can't consistently keep up with your extended/carried away posts.

I JUST KEEDING!

Mr. Dylanja

:pulse

sbessiso
04-26-2009, 12:39 PM
I'm squeezing for my Bonnaslaps....

Oh youre getting it!! I was a little believe it or not but you just jumped right in.

And I met Amy!!!! Yayyy!!!! Hopefully next time it wont be sunday late afternoon when im fried and tired and oh so chapped

apostle2
04-26-2009, 12:39 PM
But I didnt get to meet apostle either, so you and I can tag team him when we see him

:eek: I didn't get to meet anybody actually, I texted tommy once and then went super covert. there was just too much for me to do for my first time on the fields. I got allll the time in the world at the roo.

flapjacks, did you go to the BSS show at the solar stage last year too?

Mr. Dylanja
04-26-2009, 12:40 PM
Oh youre getting it!! I was a little believe it or not but you just jumped right in.

You were a little what?

pancakespancakes
04-26-2009, 12:40 PM

HAHA, Tommyboy definitely reached out his hand to which I just clobbered him with a massive manhug in return, which is especially funny because he was rolling at the time?

I don't think I hugged rage though, but that may have been a height thing...

sbessiso
04-26-2009, 12:41 PM
This was your first Coachella, Drew?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?! What a great year to be your first. The artwork was OUTSTANDING. I mean, theres just no competition. I was at mainstage all weekend, the view you get from there was just breathtaking. No regrets

You were a little what?

Shy. my bad!!

HAHA, Tommyboy definitely reached out his hand to which I just clobbered him with a massive manhug in return, which is especially funny because he was rolling at the time?

Tommy was rolling balls saturday night. He told me how he almost cried when he walked past the killers because he was just so happy for me. :pulse:pulse:pulse

pancakespancakes
04-26-2009, 12:44 PM
flapjacks, did you go to the BSS show at the solar stage last year too?

That set was actually my #1 concert experience of 2008. My first time I ever seeing my favorite band, I stood in the front row, and they played three songs from my favorite album of all time and nothing else, it was so beautiful for me... one of those experiences that Alzheimers won't make me forget.

apostle2
04-26-2009, 12:45 PM
yup, this was my first. I've been to the east coast fests a couple times, but this was my first time actually being out west for a coachella. and it. was. AWESOME. every couple of sets I found myself blatantly staring away from the artists and out at the mountains...haha

Mr. Dylanja
04-26-2009, 12:45 PM
Tommy was rolling balls saturday night. He told me how he almost cried when he walked past the killers because he was just so happy for me. :pulse:pulse:pulse

Aww, TrannyTammy was getting all EMO, aww.

apostle2
04-26-2009, 12:48 PM
That set was actually my #1 concert experience of 2008. My first time I ever seeing my favorite band, I stood in the front row, and they played three songs from my favorite album of all time and nothing else, it was so beautiful for me... one of those experiences that Alzheimers won't make me forget.

that set was fanTASTIC. it was my first time seeing them too, I was maybe like 3 or 4 people back from that tiny stage, and the way they just kind of came out and messed around...not many better ways I can think of to spend a day than 2 BSS sets haha. I don't think I even saw anything else, just aimee mann waiting for more...

sbessiso
04-26-2009, 12:51 PM
Im glad you liked it Drew. See, its not Bonnaroo but Coachella is its own entity. That artwork and view is something that Bonnaroo just cant compete with. This years lineup too (imo)

apostle2
04-26-2009, 12:54 PM
yeah, they are such different experiences to me, which is why they will perfectly compliment each other when I go to both every year from now on :thu

I've actually been so into coachella for so long, that just walking onto the fields was kind of emotional haha. and I wasn't even rolling...

chiapet
04-26-2009, 01:05 PM
I am completely preoccupied with Roo at this point. So who isn't camping with the group? I want to make sure I track those people down.

sbessiso
04-26-2009, 01:14 PM
I still havent healed from this, guys. The most fun I have ever had at a show! I cant wait until The Killers play Bonnaroo. Maybe next year?

tr_r5oZKFrQ

Mr. Dylanja
04-26-2009, 01:34 PM
I am completely preoccupied with Roo at this point. So who isn't camping with the group? I want to make sure I track those people down.

Since you did such a great job of it at Coach :nono

chiapet
04-26-2009, 02:08 PM
I came to look for you many times. :nono

hawkingvsreeve
04-26-2009, 02:34 PM

You would know if you saw me.

Kidding. I didn't know you were going to Roo. How you getting there? Also it's too bad you aren't 21, I could use a show buddy around here. Good stuff coming up.

rage patton
04-26-2009, 03:09 PM

The Tommy/Flapjacks manhug was the greatest thing ever. It made my Saturday night. Tommy's voice when he saw you was priceless.

"FLAPJACKS!"

The emotion cannot be portrayed here, but pancakes knows what I am talking about. It was as if Tommy just saw his long lost friend. I got a big hearty laugh out of it.

rage patton
04-26-2009, 03:28 PM
I think the only people I hugged were Salah, Sophia, Feather, Barbra, Corinna, Bryan and maybe Tommy too.

If I hugged you and left your name out, I appologize. I will edit my list accordingly.

rage patton
04-26-2009, 03:40 PM
Yeah man, we definately met. It was good to met you. You are definately one of the more, relatively, recent posters that I enjoy

sbessiso
04-26-2009, 03:44 PM
I only got a handshake...

Shucks.

I read situations as they come across me, and I felt at that moment a hug would've felt weird. Maybe it was just me. Youre already penciled in for a massive BonnaHug!

Tommys hugs were so good. They definitely live up to the hype

sbessiso
04-26-2009, 03:59 PM
mhm mhm mhm

I totally picked up on that. Is she your girrrrrrlfriend?

Mr. Dylanja
04-26-2009, 04:02 PM
I will give no handshakes at Roo, hugs only.

and a few ass slaps =)

sbessiso
04-26-2009, 04:04 PM
Im just joshing. I think I made an "internet friends" joke to try and slightly embarrass you. Im sorry

sbessiso
04-26-2009, 04:29 PM
HaHa

A lot of people liked that sign. I felt so silly, thank god I was already fried :thu

apostle2
04-26-2009, 05:33 PM
uh, I just noticed Merle Haggard on the line up. I am surprised he is even still alive, he and Leonard Cohen are probably the same age.

if the timing is right, I want to go just to see how the bonnaroo crowd responds to "We don't smoke marijuana in Muskogee/We don't take trips on LSD"

Backwater
04-26-2009, 05:44 PM
if the timing is right, I want to go just to see how the bonnaroo crowd responds to "We don't smoke marijuana in Muskogee/We don't take trips on LSD"

I saw the Melvins cover this song at the Troubadour. Needless to say, it was awesome. I don't care if you hate country music, Merle is a must see at roo.

sin213
04-26-2009, 05:47 PM
black keys is up in bootleg thread salah.

amyzzz
04-26-2009, 06:20 PM
Are you all just doing single person tents? I have a sort of "family" tent which could hold 2 or 3 people, and I was wondering if any ladies want to share? Or maybe I should get a single person tent. Thanks!

herro kitty
04-26-2009, 06:26 PM
Amy!!!!! If you will have me, I would Love to share a tent with you :D It's always more fun to have a slumber party! I doubt any of us would be staying in our tents for too long anyway. :)

pancakespancakes
04-26-2009, 06:26 PM
Wait a second. Amy is actually going to the Roo now finally? Have I really been that out of it with this thread?

amyzzz
04-26-2009, 06:34 PM
I am trying to figure out if it will work, pancakes. I do have to go into the garage and find the components of aforesaid tent. :)

YAY BARBARA! That would be cool.

apostle2
04-26-2009, 07:20 PM
DEFINITELY go for the bigger tent zzz. small tents at bonnaroo turn into convection ovens at 6 am.

rage patton
04-26-2009, 07:41 PM
Wait... at Bonnaroo does it get like Coachella-esque hot in the morning?

rage patton
04-26-2009, 07:43 PM
Fuck. Why hasn't this been brought up yet? So even canopies won't help?

apostle2
04-26-2009, 07:44 PM
yeah, it's worse. without a good set up, you WILL be woken up at 7 am.

apostle2
04-26-2009, 07:45 PM
Fuck. Why hasn't this been brought up yet? So even canopies won't help?

Canopy is essential. Big tent, totally open windows, canopy that leaves space between the top of the tent, and a tarp strung up away from the tent on one side. Tent fans. Multiple tent fans.

paulb
04-26-2009, 07:54 PM
i hate the heat.

TommyboyUNM
04-26-2009, 07:55 PM
Pussies.

rage patton
04-26-2009, 07:57 PM
BRING ON THE SNOW MOTHERFUCKERS.

paulb
04-26-2009, 07:57 PM
Tommy, you're going to Outside Lands now? touring the Bboys i see....3 shows, nice!

TommyboyUNM
04-26-2009, 08:13 PM
Tommy, you're going to Outside Lands now? touring the Bboys i see....3 shows, nice!

I'm only going to Outside Lands on Friday and Saturday, so hopefully Dave Matthews plays on Sunday so I can see Beastie Boys and Pearl Jam. I was on the fence about going, but a lady friend offered up a place to stay and I'm sort of excited about spending some time with her.

I've just accepted that 2009 is the year of the music festival for me. Next year I'll likely just do Coachella. So I might as well live it up.

paulb
04-26-2009, 08:23 PM
I feel you....2007/08 were my years....this is my slow year.... Bboys are already confirmed for Sunday at OSL....soo.......ya. there is also hopefully Street Scene with Bboys that weekend, ill try to catch both if it works out like that.

TommyboyUNM
04-26-2009, 08:24 PM
At least I can see Pearl Jam. That's who I was most wanting to see out of the two anyway.

rage patton
04-26-2009, 08:25 PM
Lets talk more about the heat and camping. How are we gonna set up the campsite? Like PAW?

paulb
04-26-2009, 08:26 PM
BAW!!!!!!!!!!!!

TommyboyUNM
04-26-2009, 08:31 PM
Lets talk more about the heat and camping. How are we gonna set up the campsite? Like PAW?

It's a little more difficult because everyone is flying in. If you can manage to bring a canopy that would be cool. The weather really isn't that bad, my friends. I've said this time and time again, the sun kicks my ass worse at Coachella than the heat/humidity does at Bonnaroo.

rage patton
04-26-2009, 08:32 PM
So why does Drew say we need a canopy?

CONFLICTING OPINIONS!

TommyboyUNM
04-26-2009, 08:35 PM

CONFLICTING OPINIONS!

Because you're in a tent and the sun will wake you up early regardless of how the heat is. That's the hazard of sleeping in a tent. You know?

jennygirl
04-26-2009, 08:39 PM
Can you just take up as much camp space as you want at Bonnaroo? Or are there camp square footage nazis keeping everyone within a little space... I'm thinking of getting a large pop-up canopy that the tent will fit under and be a little larger for a shade space outside of it... the flickr pics I saw of the roo seem like it's anything goes.

TommyboyUNM
04-26-2009, 08:40 PM
They just sort of lead you to a parking space and it's kind of a free for all after that.

paulb
04-26-2009, 09:05 PM
BONNAROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

apostle2
04-26-2009, 09:33 PM

CONFLICTING OPINIONS!

yeah, people deal with the different kinds of heat differently. for me, being a recovering Fat Guy, humidity is BRUTAL, and I am much better off in the dry coachella heat. either way though, it is HOT.

the mornings are the same as coachella, just less sun, way more humid. canopy is totally essential, seriously, you will be like a dog in a car with the windows closed without one.

Can you just take up as much camp space as you want at Bonnaroo? Or are there camp square footage nazis keeping everyone within a little space... I'm thinking of getting a large pop-up canopy that the tent will fit under and be a little larger for a shade space outside of it... the flickr pics I saw of the roo seem like it's anything goes.

it's the wild west when it comes to this, and every year there is a thing called the "land grab." that's when everyone parks and jumps out of their cars to claim camping space around them. usually, all you have to do is talk to people next to you, and you will get all the space you need. technically, everyone gets 10' x the width of their car, but no one ever follows that.

apostle2
04-26-2009, 09:41 PM
BONNAROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

!!!

rage patton
04-26-2009, 09:43 PM
yeah, people deal with the different kinds of heat differently. for me, being a recovering Fat Guy, humidity is BRUTAL, and I am much better off in the dry coachella heat. either way though, it is HOT.

the mornings are the same as coachella, just less sun, way more humid. canopy is totally essential, seriously, you will be like a dog in a car with the windows closed without one.

it's the wild west when it comes to this, and every year there is a thing called the "land grab." that's when everyone parks and jumps out of their cars to claim camping space around them. usually, all you have to do is talk to people next to you, and you will get all the space you need. technically, everyone gets 10' x the width of their car, but no one ever follows that.

I thought the point of canopies was the keep the sun off the tent for as long as possible and to provide shade. How does a canopy help with humidity?

And as for the land grab... we are going to have like 5 cars. Grabbing our spaces should be no problem.

faxman75
04-26-2009, 09:43 PM
BONNNNNAAAAROOOOOOOOOOO

herro kitty
04-26-2009, 09:44 PM
Wow, there's that much space in Tennessee?!

apostle2
04-26-2009, 09:46 PM
I thought the point of canopies was the keep the sun off the tent for as long as possible and to provide shade. How does a canopy help with humidity?

And as for the land grab... we are going to have like 5 cars. Grabbing our spaces should be no problem.

mornings are just like coachella - keep the sun off as long as possible. the humidity will take effect around noon, the same time the sun would be most brutal at coach, but at roo the sun stays about the same from sunrise on. so you still need it for the mornings.

yeah, there will be no problem with that many people, you will literally be able to set up a canopy city if you want haha.

faxman75
04-26-2009, 09:47 PM
There is nothing but space in that state. In fact they have a huge elephant sanctuary.

http://www.elephants.com/index.php

Mr. Dylanja
04-26-2009, 10:32 PM
I plan on getting a canopy, if there's no chandeliers, what else can I swing from?

Blinken
04-27-2009, 12:29 AM
Yeah I am try and bring some type of canopy. Haven't figured it out yet though, but they had some compact ones at Target when I picked up my tent.

apostle2
04-27-2009, 12:35 AM
sorry, I did a shit job of explaining before.

from 6 am to 12 pm, the sun is the enemy. From 12 pm on, it's the overbearing humidity. Because you definitely won't be in your tent past noon, it's best to set up your camp to prevent just the sun, and just say fuck it to the humidity, because you will be out and about by that point anyway.

the absolute best canopies are the $hundo ez ups, they go up quickly and most tents fit perfectly underneath them with extra space for air flow. avoid the ones where you have to piece together the slanted legs, they are pretty rickety and will occasionally just fall over if there is wind, and give less actually shade than the straight leg ones.

mattpach
04-27-2009, 12:38 AM
There is nothing but space in that state. In fact they have a huge elephant sanctuary.

http://www.elephants.com/index.php

Wow.
That is so random yet amazing.

faxman75
04-27-2009, 06:50 AM
Wow.
That is so random yet amazing.

Yeah, I have donated money to them before as well. Very cool indeed.

caco0283
04-27-2009, 07:16 AM
Most of us are flying into Nashville around 9:00 on Wednesday night and carpooling down to the Wal-Mart in Manchester. Then on Thursday morning (very early) we're driving to get in line to go into the fest. I think that's when we're getting into the fest anyway. And we're all camping together too.

awesome Ill have to meet up with yall...i dont think ive meet anyone on the list of people going yet..but its all good

sbessiso
04-27-2009, 07:20 AM
black keys is up in bootleg thread salah.

:pulse:pulse:pulse

Thank you

SoulDischarge
04-27-2009, 07:23 AM
Don't forget to include me in the list of cars. Hopefully I'll buy a canopy or two by then also. I'm getting kind of excited for this now.

canexplain
04-27-2009, 07:48 AM
i never travel without my tarps ..... just sayin .... cr****

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j211/canexplain/CIMG2139.jpg

rage patton
04-27-2009, 08:14 AM
I have one of those Easy up canopies... but its big, bulky and heavy. I carried it through the airport to Coachella and I dont wanna do it again for Bonnaroo. I think I will just buy a cheap one at the walmart we stop at.

chiapet
04-27-2009, 08:31 AM
Yea I was planning on buying something locally. Was planning on one of those smaller/flimsier ones -- is it really that windy? I could bring a lot of stakes and rope?

How much space should we really expect though? I think our carload has 4 people each with their own tents.

faxman75
04-27-2009, 08:33 AM
You guys better get to that walmart early. I'm guessing the camping gear, canopies etc.. fly off the shelves.

chiapet
04-27-2009, 08:38 AM
We're driving down the night before, right? Also I'm getting in a few hours earlier than you guys and was going to make a run to the liquor store + grocery. I could probably pick up equipment too someplace in Nashville.

I'm getting a little worried that we're not going to have enough space though. It sounds like we'll have about 60 sq feet for 4 people, which is like 1/4 of what we get at Coachella.

rage patton
04-27-2009, 08:40 AM
As I said a page back or so... we will have 5 cars going in at the same time. We will be able to grab all the space we need.

canexplain
04-27-2009, 08:41 AM
You guys better get to that walmart early. I'm guessing the camping gear, canopies etc.. fly off the shelves.

just do a mapquest for walmarts around the airport or on the way (murfreesbourgh) to the roo ... you are right faxy, some of the camping stuff will be gone from the closer walmart .... its about 60 miles from BNA (the nashville airport) to manchester so i wouldnt wait till the last stop ... cr****

chiapet
04-27-2009, 08:42 AM
Right, Ron, I'd planned to stop for the majority of the things we need in Nashville. Figured the one in Manchester would be pretty bare by Thursday.

chiapet
04-27-2009, 08:44 AM
What time are you guys arriving on Wednesday? My flight gets in at 6:50PM I think, and I have a rental. Was going to make a few stops and then go back to the airport to pick people up.

faxman75
04-27-2009, 08:52 AM
Gotcha, I figured you guys meant the walmart near Manchester where we were all meeting.

Chia, I am never flying with NWA again. Me, Joel and Jason have had our flight times changed like 4 times now. It appears me and Jason arrive around 9pmish and Joel around 10pmish. We have a connection in Minneapolis and they keep changing our flight out of Phoenix earlier. It was supposed to be a 1PM flight and now we are leaving at 9AM and sitting at the airport in MN for 5 hours or something. Very annoying.

chiapet
04-27-2009, 08:56 AM
Jason mentioned that, it's nuts. It's been a long time since I've flown NWA. I mostly stick to Virgin America, JetBlue, and AA when I can help it. Of course I've gotten screwed by all of those airlines too. ;)

TommyboyUNM
04-27-2009, 08:59 AM
Don't forget to include me in the list of cars. Hopefully I'll buy a canopy or two by then also. I'm getting kind of excited for this now.

Welcome, my friend. I assume that's the only post we'll get from you until June. :) I'll be in contact with you between now and then anyway.

sbessiso
04-27-2009, 09:01 AM
I think my lack of Bonnaroo excitement stems from the fact that my friends and I still don't actually technically know how we're getting up there. This is exactly why I havent included myself in your plans, guys. We're just a bunch of stoner lollygaggers that need to get our shit together.

We were thinking about renting a car but none of us are 25. Is it still possible?

chiapet
04-27-2009, 09:02 AM
Yes, though not all companies will do it and the ones that will, will charge you more.

chiapet
04-27-2009, 09:02 AM
I think you should ditch your friends and camp with us. Fly to Nashville. :)

sbessiso
04-27-2009, 09:04 AM
It's tempting, Heidi. Believe me. I love my friends to pieces and I know we'll have fun but right now I think I might love you guys more :eek:!

What is exciting is that im coming up with my two best friends so you'll get to meet them. Its also Original BonnaCrew 2007!

faxman75
04-27-2009, 09:13 AM
Salah, this place rents newer cars instead of brand new, has been around forever and rented to me before I was 25. Might have to be 21 but just give them a call. They have a Nashville location and they are real despite the funny name. :)

http://www.rentawreck.com/

caco0283
04-27-2009, 09:15 AM
If people need a ride I might be able to help out...I have court in Madison County on Wednesday and have a rental car with room for about 2 more.....can pick your slacker asses up at the airport or the greyhound in Manchester

rage patton
04-27-2009, 09:22 AM
awesome Ill have to meet up with yall...i dont think ive meet anyone on the list of people going yet..but its all good

You've met at least one.

sbessiso
04-27-2009, 09:23 AM
Fuck. All this shit is so expensive! I wish I owned a car I could take to TN :(

amyzzz
04-27-2009, 09:49 AM
I do own a car I can take there but it would be a 25 hour drive, and my car wouldn't start last Friday which made me feel helpless stranded at my work parking structure (on the roof!) with no AAA or anything (my brother helped me out). I'm going to get AAA this week I guess.

ANYWAY, making plans for Bonnaroo is proving to be a big puzzle: if I fly, who has the car space (and the time) to drive me from the airport, how much tent space can I use and who will share with me (Barbara said she'd share my tent), who will watch my kids while I'm gone (Jacob might take time off to do that), do I need to buy a canopy, what food should I get, etc, etc, ETC. Now I'm vacillating back to driving my van because I'm not sure if I want to rely on someone to meet me at the airport. ARGH. I'm going to wait until Jacob takes the time off before I commit and buy a Bonnaroo ticket.

sin213
04-27-2009, 09:51 AM
Gotcha, I figured you guys meant the walmart near Manchester where we were all meeting.

Chia, I am never flying with NWA again. Me, Joel and Jason have had our flight times changed like 4 times now. It appears me and Jason arrive around 9pmish and Joel around 10pmish. We have a connection in Minneapolis and they keep changing our flight out of Phoenix earlier. It was supposed to be a 1PM flight and now we are leaving at 9AM and sitting at the airport in MN for 5 hours or something. Very annoying.

Jason mentioned that, it's nuts. It's been a long time since I've flown NWA. I mostly stick to Virgin America, JetBlue, and AA when I can help it. Of course I've gotten screwed by all of those airlines too. ;)

yeah, i just got a change notice again in my email last night. lucky for them it was just a flight number change and not a time change. i was a second away from calling them up and tearing into them about all the changes.

it's not right...people book flights based on specific times because they have to be somewhere at a certain time. the airlines can't just change that shit around all willy nilly to fit their needs. i'll NEVER use NWA again.

and yes salah, it was way more expensive than it should have been, especially for them to be changing everything around after you paid good money to ensure you get somewhere at a specific time.

rage patton
04-27-2009, 09:53 AM
So... how is public transport in Tennesse? My fiance and I are sticking around Nashville for a couple days after Bonnaroo, and we want to know if we can do it without having to rent a car.

TommyboyUNM
04-27-2009, 09:54 AM
I do own a car I can take there but it would be a 25 hour drive, and my car wouldn't start last Friday which made me feel helpless stranded at my work parking structure (on the roof!) with no AAA or anything (my brother helped me out). I'm going to get AAA this week I guess.

ANYWAY, making plans for Bonnaroo is proving to be a big puzzle: if I fly, who has the car space (and the time) to drive me from the airport, how much tent space can I use and who will share with me (Barbara said she'd share my tent), who will watch my kids while I'm gone (Jacob might take time off to do that), do I need to buy a canopy, what food should I get, etc, etc, ETC. Now I'm vacillating back to driving my van because I'm not sure if I want to rely on someone to meet me at the airport. ARGH. I'm going to wait until Jacob takes the time off before I commit and buy a Bonnaroo ticket.

1) I was thinking about renting another car anyway because there seems to be overlow in our. So I can do that and there will be plenty of room, zeez.

2) Barbara will most definitely share a tent with you and we'll be camping right by each other so we'll all work together to maximize tent/canopy space.

3) Just buy granola bars, fruit cups, things like that. There should be no worries on the food front. You may not need to buy a canopy depending on how many we have. We'll sort through it all.

4) Don't drive. Book your flight at the same time as all of us. If you're riding down there with us then you should get in at the same time (around 9:00 on Wednesday).

chiapet
04-27-2009, 09:57 AM
Oh Tommy your sig :nono

Amy we will find space for you. There are like 5-6 cars being rented, we will make space.

faxman75
04-27-2009, 09:58 AM
So... how is public transport in Tennesse? My fiance and I are sticking around Nashville for a couple days after Bonnaroo, and we want to know if we can do it without having to rent a car.

Probably depends if you are just staying in Nashville or not and how much you are willing to spend. If you don't go outside of Nashville i'm guessing you might be ok with public transport but your best bet is going to be a rental car.

caco0283
04-27-2009, 10:00 AM
You've met at least one.

Word!!! So yeah is everyone planning to camp in the campers only section??? Its really the best place to camp...I camped by the stage last year and was able to enjoy lost of good music during my down time as I made some food

faxman75
04-27-2009, 10:00 AM
I'm looking forward to my first exctacy experience at Roo. I don't think Tommy stopped talking about it from the time I picked him up at the airport to the time I dropped him off j/k . He sold me on it though. :D

chiapet
04-27-2009, 10:04 AM
Yea they sold me on it too. I'm reserving the right to back out if I'm having health issues but otherwise I am in.

I apologize in advance for any overfriendliness that will occur.

amyzzz
04-27-2009, 10:04 AM
So I should book a flight that gets me there around 9PM Wednesday night? I think there were a couple left around that time when I checked yesterday.

amyzzz
04-27-2009, 10:07 AM
Yea they sold me on it too. I'm reserving the right to back out if I'm having health issues but otherwise I am in.

I apologize in advance for any overfriendliness that will occur.
If anyone has access to antibiotics, you might want to get some. Half the time I do ecstasy, I get an ear infection--maybe I'm just susceptible to ear infections though. I think I'm getting one now from Coachella withdrawal. :(

chiapet
04-27-2009, 10:10 AM
I am more worried about respiratory issues. I take all manner of steroids and stimulants in order to keep breathing properly. I've been doing a little reading and think I will be fine but will have to lay off some of my prescriptions that night. So if I'm not doing so well *with* the prescriptions, I will be out of this little experiment. Hopefully it will be fine!

caco0283
04-27-2009, 10:12 AM
amy if need be i can get you.....this should be exciting my first amy meeting after 6 years

jennygirl
04-27-2009, 10:23 AM
My god! As if this thread wasn't already impossible to keep up with... as this fest nears it'll be more like an IM discussion. Yeah I fully expect canopy city and omg i'm too excited right now. This on the horizon def helps the post-coachella blues!

Mr. Dylanja
04-27-2009, 10:31 AM
http://i.realone.com/assets/rn/img/8/0/6/9/20829608-20829611-slarge.jpg

This shit is going down in the A.M. people, are you ready?

sbessiso
04-27-2009, 10:34 AM
Im seeing them on the 8th!!

BUT

its shitty lawn seats. Ill have better quality on youtube, I really dont know why Im going. Lawn sucks so much

Mr. Dylanja
04-27-2009, 10:35 AM
zzz's, those flights I sent you were with Southwest. Sorry, I was too busy squealing like a high school cheerleader from excitement to think straight and give you all the logical info :)

faxman75
04-27-2009, 10:36 AM
http://i.realone.com/assets/rn/img/8/0/6/9/20829608-20829611-slarge.jpg

This shit is going down in the A.M. people, are you ready?

Pfft, prove to me it's going down in the am. I'm remaining skeptical. I want evidence of this once and for all. I also want to be guaranteed 2 hours of Wilco. I'm making demands now.

Mr. Dylanja
04-27-2009, 10:42 AM
The Roo knows to put their bad ass acts at night because the vibe is unlike anything other.

faxman75
04-27-2009, 10:49 AM
The roo board folks are assuming something like this?

Thu
This - Hockey>Chairlift>White Rabbits>Portugal. the Man>Passion Pit
That - Alberta Cross>Low Anthem>Delta Spirit>Zac Brown>Brett Dennen
Other - Janelle Monae>Midnite>Murs>Knux>People Under the Stairs

Fri
What - Wailing Souls>Erykah Badu>Al Green>Beastie Boys>Phish latenight
Which - Itals>Galactic>YYYS>TVotR>David Byrne (after Beasties, before Phish)
This - Vieux Farka Toure>Okkervil River>Grizzly Bear>Gomez>Animal Collective (after Beasties, before Phish)
That - Everest>Tift Merritt>Kaki King>Lucinda Williams>Toubab Krewe & Amadou and Mariam (after Beasties, starts before Phish)
Other - Katzenjammer>Dirty Projectors>St Vincent>Santigold>Ani DiFranco>Bela Fleck, King Sunny Ade and Femi Kuti (Bela starts after Beasties, the rest follow)

Sat
What - Booker T & DBTs>Govt Mule>Wilco>The Boss>NIN latenight
Which - Raphael Saadiq>Allen Toussaint>Jenny Lewis>Elvis Costello>Relentless 7 latenight
This - Robyn Hitchcock>Heartless B@stards>Rodrigo y Gabriela>of Montreal>Mars Volta latenight
That - Cherryholmes>Elvis Perkins>Bon Iver>Tony Rice>David Grisman>Yeasayer & MGMT latenight
Other - SteelDrivers>Alejandro Escovedo>RE Keen>Del McCoury>moe. latenight

Sun
What - Public Enemy>Snoop Dogg>Phish
Which - Citizen Cope>Andrew Bird>Band of Horses>Decemberists
This - Dillinger Escape Plan>High on Fire>Shadows Fall>Coheed & Cambria
That - AA Bondy>Mike Farris>Grace Potter>Ted Leo
Other - Lovell Sisters>Todd Snider>Neko Case>Merle Haggard

faxman75
04-27-2009, 10:51 AM
Oh, while at the Lips show I think Tommy was talking to Girl Talks brother who said he would be doing a late night set at Roo. He'll have to confirm that one though. He just looked like a guy drinking a beer to me lol.

rage patton
04-27-2009, 10:52 AM
They fail then. They left out Crystal Castles, Girl Talk and Paul Oakenfold on Friday night.

These set times also seem to assume that Phish will play a late night set unoposed.

EDIT:

Oh, while at the Lips show I think Tommy was talking to Girl Talks brother who said he would be doing a late night set at Roo. He'll have to confirm that one though. He just looked like a guy drinking a beer to me lol.

Oh shit! I didn't ask you guys, how were the Flaming Lips!?!?!?!?

sbessiso
04-27-2009, 10:53 AM
Bank on Girl Talk doing a late night.

Mr. Dylanja
04-27-2009, 10:55 AM
I don't think unopposed Phish is happening either. It better not fucking happen anyway.

rage patton
04-27-2009, 10:55 AM
Fax, I don't know where you were looking, but this appears the inforoo boards mock schedule...

MOCK SCHEDULE

THURSDAY

THIS
hockey-7-8
alberta cross-8:30-9:30
the low anthem-10-11
brett dennen-11:30-12:30
zac brown band-1-2:30 AM

THAT
white rabbits-7:30-8:30
chairlift-9-10
delta spirit-10:30-11:30
portugal the man-midnight-1 AM
passion pit-1:30-2:15 AM

THE OTHER
janelle monae-8:30-9:15
the knux-9:45-10:30
midnite-11-midnight
murs-12:30-1:15 AM
people under the stairs-1:45-2:45 AM

FRIDAY

WHAT
al green-5
david byrne
beastie boys
phish-late night

WHICH
the itals
the wailing souls
yeah yeah yeahs
tv on the radio
erykah badu

BYRNE (Stage Curated By David Byrne)
katzenjammer-2
dirty projectors
st. vincent-5
santigold
ani difranco

THIS
tift merritt
kaki king-1:45
grizzly bear
animal collective
pretty lights
crystal castles
paul oakenfold

THAT
everest
okkervil river
gomez
lucinda williams
girl talk-late night
galactic

THE OTHER
view farka toure
bela fleck & toumani diabate
toubab krewe
amadou & mariam
king sunny ade & the african beats
femi kuti & the positive force- late night

SAT

WHAT
govt. mule-3:30-5
wilco-6-8
bruce springsteen & the e street band-9-11:30
nine inch nails-1-3 AM

WHICH
raphael saadiq-1-2
rodrigo y gabriela-2:45-4
bon iver-4:45-6
the mars volta-6:45-8:45
ben harper & relentless 7-midnight-2 AM

THIS
heartless bastards-12:30-1:15
jenny lewis-1:45-2:45
allen toussaint-3:15-4:30
booker t & dbt'sl-5-6:15
elvis costello-7-8:30
moe.-midnight-4 AM

THAT
elvis perkins in dearland-12-1
alejandro escovedo-1:30-2:30
robert earl keen-3-4:15
robyn hitchcock & the venus 3-4:45-6
of montreal-6:30-8
yeasayer-midnight-12:45 AM
mgmt-1:30-3 AM

THE OTHER
steeldrivers-12-1
cherryholmes-1:30-2:15
tony rice unit-2:45-4
del mccoury band-4:30-6
david grisman quintet-6:30-8
superjam-12-2 AM

SUNDAY

WHAT
public enemy-3:30-5
snoop dogg-6-7:30
phish-8:30-12:30

WHICH
grace potter & the nocturnals-12:30-1:30
citizen cope-2-3:15
andrew bird-3:45-5:15
the decemberists-6-7:30

THIS
cage the elephant-2-3
ted leo & the pharmacists-3:30-4:45
neko case-5:15-6:30
band of horses-7-8:30

THAT
dillinger escape plan-2-3
high on fire-3:30-4:30
shadows fall-5-6:15
coheed & cambria-7-8:30

THE OTHER
lovell sisters-12:30-1:30
aa bondy-2-3
mike farris & the roseland rhythm review-3:30-4:45
todd snider-5:15-6:30
merle haggard-7-8:30

faxman75
04-27-2009, 11:02 AM
They fail then. They left out Crystal Castles, Girl Talk and Paul Oakenfold on Friday night.

These set times also seem to assume that Phish will play a late night set unoposed.

EDIT:

Oh shit! I didn't ask you guys, how were the Flaming Lips!?!?!?!?

People are mixed. See the Phoenix thread. Most think they waste too much time up there with sing alongs and a short set list. I tend to agree. The show is always A++ but as far as a concert goes there is so much great stuff and they have the ability to play so many great songs but they just don't. I agree. I would like it if they played more music, talked less between songs and wasted less time and concentrated on the music.

All that said I loved it and had a great time!

faxman75
04-27-2009, 11:04 AM
I got the set list times from the inforoo thread.

Natedogg who I thought was one of the folks in the know

http://bonnaroo.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=music&action=display&thread=16369&page=42