PDA

View Full Version : Woodstock 2009?

unitedwestand
08-04-2008, 08:36 PM
so what do you guys think? Is this going to happen?
40 year Ann?
Hopefully!

zenidogx
08-04-2008, 08:37 PM
nah. after what happened last time, doubtful.

Sushov23
08-04-2008, 08:55 PM
all I gotta say is who knows, it's possible.

sbessiso
08-04-2008, 09:02 PM
as long as they have limp bizkit play again

shakermaker113
08-04-2008, 09:25 PM
if it happened, I'd consider going.

until I saw the lineup, at which point I'd probably puke. assuming it's anything like last time, that is...

menikmati
08-04-2008, 09:42 PM
I think they are going to have one in 2009 (the website now says under construction), but I don't think it's gonna be on the scale of the past ones (talking 69, 94, 99). I think it will be mainly a lot of oldie bands and jam bands (like those wakarusa and 10,000 lakes festivals).

betao
08-04-2008, 09:53 PM
so upstate NY will have another bonnaroo then? sweet.

depending on when they do it, APW may have some competition.

woogie846
08-04-2008, 09:55 PM
As long as they don't have the same people in charge as they did in '99.

Boourns
08-05-2008, 01:19 AM
As long as they don't have the same people in charge as they did in '99.

Oh, be fair. How could they have possibly known that putting 250,000 people in a hellish location, gouging them for water and food, not taking care of sewage removal, and booking mindless aggro bands like ICP and Limp Bizkit that attract thousands of low-class animals would result in disaster?

Tylerdurden31
08-05-2008, 04:26 AM
Oh, be fair. How could they have possibly known that putting 250,000 people in a hellish location, gouging them for water and food, not taking care of sewage removal, and booking mindless aggro bands like ICP and Limp Bizkit that attract thousands of low-class animals would result in disaster?

don't forget handing out candles to the masses!

If they do another one...it's gotta be done by someone else. I went to 99 and that thing was hellish.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
08-05-2008, 06:53 AM
it will be a disaster...

uscjeff
08-05-2008, 08:55 AM
Granted I was in high school and had different music tastes but I loved Woodstock 99.

Memorial_07
08-05-2008, 08:57 AM
they have a woodstock in europe so they'll celebrate it there

canexplain
08-05-2008, 09:18 AM
damn i am kinda broke for a while because i would go ... as posted too many times b4, i went to 69 and 99 and i would be up for 09 ... a trifecta ......:) x****

woogie846
08-05-2008, 11:02 AM
Hooray for $12 pizza!

frozen pilgrim
08-05-2008, 11:21 AM
ron, if you go, I'll go.

bluemamba
08-05-2008, 11:37 AM
i can already imagine the riots and people walking on a field covered with shit. No to mention the rapes.

BlackSwan
08-05-2008, 11:39 AM
their MySpace confirms their intentions... http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=181295513

canexplain
08-05-2008, 11:46 AM
ron, if you go, I'll go.

thats a deal, all the crybabies on here about 99 ... well 69 wasnt really a picnic either but i wouldnt give up those memories for anything .... we will talk lol ....x****

frozen pilgrim
08-05-2008, 11:49 AM
sweet- I think you'd best the absolute best person to be around at woodstock.

Tylerdurden31
08-05-2008, 12:05 PM
thats a deal, all the crybabies on here about 99 ... well 69 wasnt really a picnic either but i wouldnt give up those memories for anything .... we will talk lol ....x****

did you go to 99? It was a fucking hell hole. It took place on an old air force base which means concrete and tarmac everywhere in the middle of july. 96 degrees, 80% humidity. $4 water, $12 pizza. It was the biggest corporate festival to ever exist. It was a joke and had nothing to do with the original Woodstock. The promoters should be ashamed of themselves.

Blinken
08-05-2008, 12:37 PM
did you go to 99? It was a fucking hell hole. It took place on an old air force base which means concrete and tarmac everywhere in the middle of july. 96 degrees, 80% humidity. $4 water, $12 pizza. It was the biggest corporate festival to ever exist. It was a joke and had nothing to do with the original Woodstock. The promoters should be ashamed of themselves.

damn i am kinda broke for a while because i would go ... as posted too many times b4, i went to 69 and 99 and i would be up for 09 ... a trifecta ......:) x****

Hmmmmm, reading comprehension is not your thing is it??

canexplain
08-05-2008, 12:45 PM

thats funny blinken ......and tyler, i actually hitched from denver to the show, so i had my share of the weather and such even before i walked onto the tarmac ... just saying .... x****

Tylerdurden31
08-05-2008, 12:45 PM

thank you for contributing...you've been very helpful

marooko
08-05-2008, 12:48 PM
i would go again. i went in 99 and if i learned anything there, its to not follow rules. BIG mistake doing what they told us to do. hahaha.

Pixiessp
08-05-2008, 01:00 PM
i would go again. i went in 99 and if i learned anything there, its to not follow rules. BIG mistake doing what they told us to do. hahaha.

FSOL for Woodstock!!

Blinken
08-05-2008, 01:17 PM
thank you for contributing...you've been very helpful

You're Welcome :)

thats funny blinken ......and tyler, i actually hitched from denver to the show, so i had my share of the weather and such even before i walked onto the tarmac ... just saying .... x****

Damn that is crazy man. I think I am going to try and go to this if it happens, i was too young for Woodstock 99 since I was in high school, and my parents would not have let me travel cross country for a music fest. I want to go just for the experience, plus they probably learned alot from the failures at Woodstock 99, and won't make the same mistakes again. This means that i won't be able to do Bonnaroo though, hmmmm at least I have time to decide.

canexplain
08-05-2008, 01:43 PM
You're Welcome :)

Damn that is crazy man. I think I am going to try and go to this if it happens, i was too young for Woodstock 99 since I was in high school, and my parents would not have let me travel cross country for a music fest. I want to go just for the experience, plus they probably learned alot from the failures at Woodstock 99, and won't make the same mistakes again. This means that i won't be able to do Bonnaroo though, hmmmm at least I have time to decide.

same here, we were even thinking of hitting the europe fests next year, but with the economy, things are tight .... but WS has always held a place in my heart, like the old school has with Coachella ... x****

Sushov23
08-05-2008, 04:25 PM
If this happens I'll be there no matter who plays, its all about the experience.

stuporfly
08-05-2008, 04:36 PM
It was a joke and had nothing to do with the original Woodstock. The promoters should be ashamed of themselves.

Michael Lang promoted the original, as well as '94 and '99. I dated two of his daughters in high school.

JustSteve
08-05-2008, 05:15 PM
well 69 wasnt really a picnic either but i wouldnt give up those memories for anything .... we will talk lol ....x****

my parents were on the way there in '69, but i guess the traffic was so bad later on that they never made it...

scoop49er
08-05-2008, 05:17 PM
i watched the entire WS99 on ppv and i sitll have all 65 hrs on vhs tape in a box in the garage..

i just remember thinking that day one seemed really cool and everyone seemed happy and having a good time. when they got to day two they started showing interviews with people who smuggled in booze and full trays of food and all kinds of stuff and i always thought at the time," security must be really relaxed and thats not a good sign but we'll see... then you started to hear reports about people complaining about the prices of food and how all the bathroom were horrbile and notihng was being picked up " back in 99 no one was promoting a clean environment" and i always remembered the main promoter michael lang saying" just get people together and they will figure it out" but what a cluster fuck it became..... by the time limp bizkit came on, it was total chaos.. u would of thought they were the greatest band in the history of music... and fred durst showed his inexperience and had no idea how to control the crowd.... rage played next and delayed their set and turned down the volume but the damage was done.. every camera shot was of a girl up on someone's shoulders and 3 or 4 hands were up feeling her tits. it was not funny at that time. it was becoming sad... then metallica came on and did their thing but by then after watching it, i always felt like" im really glad i did not go to this".. then by day 3 it was just the worst looking festival ever!! other festivals to this day use woodstock 99 as a learning tool on how not to run a festival.. coachella 99 and their reputation would eventually thrive on woodstock 99 mistakes by saying waters would be cheap and the area would be cleaned regularly...

if lang runs this again, id be very worried to go to this.. he has no clue about how to run a modern day festival and never has... it was a fluke that woodstock 69 worked and a even more bigger fluke that 94 did well. 99 showed his flaws and i would not touch this festival unless they bring someone in to supervise and be a consultant....

shakermaker113
08-05-2008, 05:39 PM
alright. let's start creating fake lineups.

frozen pilgrim
08-05-2008, 05:54 PM
:D:D:D I like your style

canexplain
08-05-2008, 06:34 PM
my parents were on the way there in '69, but i guess the traffic was so bad later on that they never made it...

yea we had to park our 54 ford (the lizard) about 10 miles away from the entrance (at that time it wasnt a free fest yet, seems i always pay the price for tics lol) ... we got a couple of rides, from the venue peeps, and the hike wasnt too bad ... we were just wired for it after going to the Denver Pop Fest and the Atlanta Pop Fest, we hoped it would be special and it was ....

"Michael Lang promoted the original, as well as '94 and '99. I dated two of his daughters in high school" were they cute lol ... remember Chip Monk, his name always cracked me up ....

scoop49, I think you got it pretty well down ... and the the candles, RHCP playing "Fire", accident waiting to happen ....during the bizkit set is when the two (?) girls were raped, there was the pee lake where there was free sex at anytime, slime and shit everywhere yuck .... but hey, i would do the same thing tomorrow .. guess i am a glutton for punishment lol ...x****

frozen pilgrim
08-05-2008, 06:40 PM
hahaha the part in anthony kiedis' biography about woodstock is great.
they didn't know about the fires, due to having light in their faces at all times, many performers never got a good look at the crowd. also, they played fire because a relative of hendrix was backstage and requested they play a hendrix song... fire was the only cover they knew.

frozen pilgrim
08-05-2008, 06:41 PM
but fred durst is a jerk

stuporfly
08-05-2008, 06:41 PM
"Michael Lang promoted the original, as well as '94 and '99. I dated two of his daughters in high school" were they cute lol ...

They were - twins, too. I was definitely dating above my station back then.

canexplain
08-05-2008, 06:46 PM
They were - twins, too. I was definitely dating above my station back then.

good for you ....x****

canexplain
08-05-2008, 06:48 PM
pilgram, would you do it all over if you knew what you knew later and couldnt tell anyone anything ... just to do it? i know some of the europe fests are like a cluster fuck every year, and it doesnt stop 80k people ... have you seen their "lakes" covering all the tents and campers ... hard core ....x****

canexplain
08-05-2008, 07:09 PM
one thing to remember too, people dog most of the groups that were there, even today that wouldnt be a coachella crowd in general, but the groups that did play there, were really hot and popular at the time ... bush, M, LB, alanis, s crow, collective soul for some afternoon music in the grass (yes there was some grass, the kind you lay on ), chemical brothers and fat boy slim, moby b4 he got boreing (in the hanger late nite if i remember right), Korn (yes i was a big korn fan), rhcp and rage of course, .. thats what i remember most, the music, and i was there start to finish (missed last song by rhcp) gee what a novel idea, go to a festival to concentrait on the music ... sorry got on a rant there...x****

frozen pilgrim
08-05-2008, 07:14 PM
I wasn't there, I've only read about it. I'm a young man- in 1999, I was 11. but an experience is an experience- I'd love to have been there. I honestly do believe that what doesn't kill you doesn't necessarily make you stronger, but makes your life bigger. all you touch, and all you see, is all your life will ever be. I live by those words. I'd love to go back in time and do woodstock any of the years it existed, simply because it was what it was- and if it happens next year, I'll be there, to experience and be a part of whatever it will be

canexplain
08-05-2008, 07:29 PM
I wasn't there, I've only read about it. I'm a young man- in 1999, I was 11. but an experience is an experience- I'd love to have been there. I honestly do believe that what doesn't kill you doesn't necessarily make you stronger, but makes your life bigger. all you touch, and all you see, is all your life will ever be. I live by those words. I'd love to go back in time and do woodstock any of the years it existed, simply because it was what it was- and if it happens next year, I'll be there, to experience and be a part of whatever it will be

dont know why i thought you said you went, i should have done the math cuz i knew about how old you were ... hammer on the head .... good ideals to go by, what you said ... not saying this is good, but i bet i would remember the worst fest i ever went to more then some perfect one (not coachella because of the heat) .... so there are three of us going now lol ... come on down ....x****

frozen pilgrim
08-05-2008, 07:56 PM
hey ron, honestly, I'd love to attend woodstock 09 with you. at the least, I hope you'll join myself, msparks, and ragepatton in camp switzerland next year.
I can(t)explain how much I would have loved to have been at every woodstock, both US fests... that's why I love coachella- it's a festival borne out of something other than adherence to the industry machine. it's about a vision for something greater, a desire to translate a feeling...

I was just talking about this with the people that're over; I'd love to work for goldenvoice. anything from accounting to working the main consoles or gripping backstage... it feels like a resurgence of the feeling of 'doing something right' that was around in the latter half of the sixties, only this time, who knows where the high tide mark is

Sushov23
08-06-2008, 12:16 AM
ron I'll be there for sure, I don't care who plays, or what has gone on before.

canexplain
08-06-2008, 06:59 AM
ron I'll be there for sure, I don't care who plays, or what has gone on before.

i get all wired for these things then go out and about and forget about em ... if anyone sees anything posted online thru the next 9 months or so, be sure to try and post it here .... peace ... we can have a WS Coachella gang ...x****

marooko
08-06-2008, 07:08 AM
FSOL for Woodstock!!

i would SURELY go!!

canexplain
08-06-2008, 07:16 AM
i would SURELY go!!

hey we are going to have a crew lol ... x****

marooko
08-06-2008, 07:19 AM
id love to meet up and hang out, ron.

scoop49er
08-06-2008, 08:10 AM
i would only consider going if they run it as a modern day festival. sorry not looking for a pee lake or any other crap... make it about the music, have a good site, good layout take care of the grounds and make a commitment to it. and if the lineup is amazing, then i would for sure consider..

menikmati
08-06-2008, 08:19 AM
i watched the entire WS99 on ppv and i sitll have all 65 hrs on vhs tape in a box in the garage..

i just remember thinking that day one seemed really cool and everyone seemed happy and having a good time. when they got to day two they started showing interviews with people who smuggled in booze and full trays of food and all kinds of stuff and i always thought at the time," security must be really relaxed and thats not a good sign but we'll see... then you started to hear reports about people complaining about the prices of food and how all the bathroom were horrbile and notihng was being picked up " back in 99 no one was promoting a clean environment" and i always remembered the main promoter michael lang saying" just get people together and they will figure it out" but what a cluster fuck it became..... by the time limp bizkit came on, it was total chaos.. u would of thought they were the greatest band in the history of music... and fred durst showed his inexperience and had no idea how to control the crowd.... rage played next and delayed their set and turned down the volume but the damage was done.. every camera shot was of a girl up on someone's shoulders and 3 or 4 hands were up feeling her tits. it was not funny at that time. it was becoming sad... then metallica came on and did their thing but by then after watching it, i always felt like" im really glad i did not go to this".. then by day 3 it was just the worst looking festival ever!! other festivals to this day use woodstock 99 as a learning tool on how not to run a festival.. coachella 99 and their reputation would eventually thrive on woodstock 99 mistakes by saying waters would be cheap and the area would be cleaned regularly...

if lang runs this again, id be very worried to go to this.. he has no clue about how to run a modern day festival and never has... it was a fluke that woodstock 69 worked and a even more bigger fluke that 94 did well. 99 showed his flaws and i would not touch this festival unless they bring someone in to supervise and be a consultant....

You think there is anyway you could go through the tapes and find the Rage set? I would gladly transfer that tape to DVD and then send it back to you. If you're up to it.

canexplain
08-06-2008, 08:39 AM
id love to meet up and hang out, ron.

i think Tygerlady is dreading I might say lets go babe .. maybe it will be a guys night out lol ....x****

marooko
08-06-2008, 08:44 AM
You think there is anyway you could go through the tapes and find the Rage set? I would gladly transfer that tape to DVD and then send it back to you. If you're up to it.

ill supply the dvd's and pay for the return of the VHS tape. this is a great question and idea menik. fucking awesome.

i think Tygerlady is dreading I might say lets go babe .. maybe it will be a guys night out lol ....x****

ill call some east coast hookers. bring condoms and an axe.

TommyboyUNM
08-06-2008, 08:51 AM
hey we are going to have a crew lol ... x****

I would love to go. It all depends on my job situation at the time and how much time I'll be able to take off. I'm already planning on going to Coachella and my friend is getting married in either Seattle or Annapolis. And I might be living in Austin at that time. Lots of "ifs" haha. But I would definitely be up for hanging out with people from the board.

canexplain
08-06-2008, 09:51 AM
i dont know anything about this site, but i signed up (only 848 which might be a bad sign but its early and how many even know this might come about)

http://www.petitiononline.com/wood2009/

x****

menikmati
08-06-2008, 10:36 AM
ill supply the dvd's and pay for the return of the VHS tape. this is a great question and idea menik. fucking awesome.

I hope he's up for it. I got a digital converter box to transfer tapes to the PC with firewire, plus I got a bunch of pro programs for editing and authoring DVDs...I'd gladly do it, send the tape back, and create some DVDs to share/mail out. I've always wanted this set (because I remember listening to it live on the FM radio I had out in my cold garage that summer). I still rank Rage's set that night as one of my favorite bootlegs/recordings ever, so to have the full video would be pretty awesome.

Please scooper?

idrive1life
08-06-2008, 11:10 AM
i would only consider going if they run it as a modern day festival. sorry not looking for a pee lake or any other crap... make it about the music, have a good site, good layout take care of the grounds and make a commitment to it. and if the lineup is amazing, then i would for sure consider..

I hope he's up for it. I got a digital converter box to transfer tapes to the PC with firewire, plus I got a bunch of pro programs for editing and authoring DVDs...I'd gladly do it, send the tape back, and create some DVDs to share/mail out. I've always wanted this set (because I remember listening to it live on the FM radio I had out in my cold garage that summer). I still rank Rage's set that night as one of my favorite bootlegs/recordings ever, so to have the full video would be pretty awesome.

Please scooper?

Great idea Erik. Yeah, I'll give $ contributions too for shipping or whatever.

scooper,

Did you remember if they showed AND if you've taped/recorded Muse set? Please ...?

rage patton
08-06-2008, 11:21 AM
Muse played Woodstock 99?

idrive1life
08-06-2008, 11:23 AM
Yes. Thats where I discovered/first got to hear them live.

rage patton
08-06-2008, 11:31 AM
Yes. Thats where I discovered/first got to hear them live.

That is awesome. Im guessing they were playing on one of the smaller stages right?

canexplain
08-06-2008, 11:41 AM
That is awesome. Im guessing they were playing on one of the smaller stages right?

i have my t and i have the program with where and when somewhere ..i will try and find it this weekend ...x****

TommyboyUNM
08-06-2008, 12:46 PM
Muse played Woodstock 99?

Yeah I'm a huge Muse fan and that surprised me as well. They must've just released Showbiz when they played Woodstock. After one album, and being from the UK, they played Woodstock. Their live shows must've been great back then, too.

canexplain
08-06-2008, 01:03 PM
Yeah I'm a huge Muse fan and that surprised me as well. They must've just released Showbiz when they played Woodstock. After one album, and being from the UK, they played Woodstock. Their live shows must've been great back then, too.

there is something to be said about when a band first starts up ... sure they need to jell somewhat together, maybe get better at their skills, but the energy and fun sometimes outweights the other ....Tommyboy, see you are going to Sigur Ros .... we all need a pic at the top of the rocks if everyone gets a chance that night .... x****

TommyboyUNM
08-06-2008, 03:12 PM
Tommyboy, see you are going to Sigur Ros .... we all need a pic at the top of the rocks if everyone gets a chance that night .... x****

Done. We'll set that up for sure. We'll go on the Sigur Ros tour thread and set up a time/place to meet up, chat and take a pic.

canexplain
08-06-2008, 04:26 PM
Done. We'll set that up for sure. We'll go on the Sigur Ros tour thread and set up a time/place to meet up, chat and take a pic.

yep, i have front row center so i have to walk up that friggin hill, but its always worth it ... ok, many of you guys have no SO (sig other) but we try and keep them happy, i know i do ... tygerlady said, if you want to go to the show, go by yourself and have a great time .... done ... i am going if it happens .. i only have one truck so i have to get a ride .... we will keep in touch thru the months ... if i have to , i will fucking hitchhike again, but i would rather not .... so in the months ahead, we will figure it out ... x***

Sonicifyouwantit
08-06-2008, 04:34 PM
as long as kroq/mtv dont control it...for that matter as long as I dont have to hear aged hippies complaining about anything but jam rock as well...in that case give me COACHELLA

canexplain
08-06-2008, 04:39 PM
as long as kroq/mtv dont control it...for that matter as long as I dont have to hear aged hippies complaining about anything but jam rock as well...in that case give me COACHELLA

i actually agree, shock to those who dont know me, those that do say yea .. i can see canx going to WS09....... but i did ask tygerlady, how many shows do i talk about all these years, woodstock and i guess the beatles at two places ... i am ready for my final memories ... geez that sounds sort of down but trust me , its not....... x****

Blinken
08-06-2008, 04:47 PM
So i was doing some searches and found that this used to be on the woodstock 09 MySpace back in January

Attn: If you are a band interested in playing, add the Woodstock 2009 Bandsprofile!

We would like to make it clear that our vision for Woodstock 2009 is to be nothing like Woodstock 1999. Woodstock 1999 was not even a shell of the festival's original purpose. Woodstock's slogan was "3 Days of Peace, Love, & Music," and that is what we, the committee of Woodstock 2009, would like to bring back to the name of Woodstock in the summer of 2009. As Woodstock 1999 had punk and metal bands, we'd like to bring the music back to the originals. We'd like to bring in as many of the original performers as possible, along with bands that were invited to play but declined or could not make it. We will also be looking for blues/psychedelic rock bands of today.

I pulled it from here http://groups.google.com/group/woodstocknation/browse_thread/thread/e5b94fbfcd423a87

canexplain
08-06-2008, 04:51 PM
So i was doing some searches and found that this used to be on the woodstock 09 MySpace back in January

I pulled it from here http://groups.google.com/group/woodstocknation/browse_thread/thread/e5b94fbfcd423a87

cool tnx blinken, that would be good news to me, not sure about the masses, but then i never really went for what the masses agreeded upon ...x**** bring on Jimi .. :)

idrive1life
08-06-2008, 04:57 PM

Hell Yes! It was fucking amazing (too bad the festival ended in chaos - we left before all the burning/violence occured). They definitely did not play in the 2 main stages (East and West) neither in rave hangars where DJ/electronic acts like Moby and Fatboy Slim played. If I'm not mistaken they performed in the emerging artists stage.

My friend (the same dude who is still trying to convince me to go to APW or Virgin festival) dragged me to that festival (my very first music festival). He paid for my ticket and we went using his car (we slept on his car - paid a guy so we could park the car overnight Saturday at his private lot/lawn). I heard a little about Woodstock '69 and '94 but back then I already love Rage and Chem Bros (and kinda like DMB and Alanis M). Some of my friends & constant MTV overhyped also convinced me to go.

I had no idea that Rage and Chemical Brothers were scheduled to play simultaneously.

idrive1life
08-06-2008, 05:05 PM
RATM's videos (consisting of their complete Woodstock '99 setlist) are up in you tube:

No Shelter

SyNu7KYB7g4&feature

People of the Sun

9gjJ8RcBuG0&feature

Know Your Enemy

fnSY_fgIjYw&feature

Born of a Broken Man

bTWuoAjQgCE&feature

Vietnow

09ORI_S6wYU&feature

Bullet in the Head

In0_KYCNjQg&feature

The Ghost of Tom Joad

HEkSTMVZtz4&feature

Bombtrack

_VY0ycvZ2Pg&feature

Wake UP

kvQWyEy-6NI&feature

Bulls on Parade

_VY0ycvZ2Pg&feature

Freedom/Township

-gZNmn4o0bQ&feature

Killing in the Name

Ykgh0SV_yCs&feature

PJandBompton
08-06-2008, 05:10 PM
White Stripes/Muse for Woodstock '09...

idrive1life
08-06-2008, 05:21 PM
I'm pretty sure Muse will not be able to complete their next album before Coachella '09. Yeah, Woodstock '09 has slightly better chance but Matt Bellamy reportedly said this "Woodstock was great fun, but it was immensely hot there, I got sunburnt. The festival was badly laid out in my opinion, the stages were 2 miles apart and there was no atmosphere like you get at Glastonbury. I think the riots started because people were getting treated like cattle... We saw something brewing while we were there i.e. lots of people crowding together and chanting and banging drums, it was like a football crowd".

Its not really 2 miles apart (it felt like it - I dont blame him :D ... oh boy, I had to remove pounds of dust inside my nose after that festival. But I still think, in terms of weather, ACL '07 was, still by far had the worst weather conditions I've experienced in any music festival). Its more like same distance between AT&T and Bud Light at Lolla because I read somewhere that the distance between East and West stages @ Woodstock was less than a mile.

I'll go if the lineup is more like Glastonbury than Bonnaroo's. Though I already been to Woodstock '99 I also want to experience Bonnaroo once before I die. (I definitely need to save some vacation days and money for next year ... so no go for me again for Coachella '09, Bonnaroo '09, Lolla' 09?).

Woodstock '99 Map

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s139/idrive1life/Woodstock99Map.jpg

apostle2
08-06-2008, 10:24 PM
I will be going to this if it happens and it's in NY state again. I'm from about half an hour away from Rome, NY so if it is anywhere upstate I will just use it as an excuse to go home for a while too.

canexplain
08-21-2008, 09:42 PM
boy talk about old school, it would be kinda weird and kinda cool at the same time ... interested bands so far they say ...x****

Strawberry Alarm Clock
Sweetwater
Rare Earth
Vanilla Fudge
Zebra
Canned Heat
Melanie
Iron Butterfly
Country Joe McDonald
Ten Years After
The Fieldside Refugees
Kozmic Blues

testcase
01-15-2009, 04:45 AM
This is what I did pull up from Wikipedia:

Woodstock 2009 is a music festival planned to occur August 15 and 16, 2009 in New York and August 22 and 23, 2009 at the former Berlin Tempelhof Airport in Berlin, Germany.
The event is currently being planned by Michael Lang, promoter of the previous Woodstock festivals. The promoters have advertised that the event will be free of charge at both locations and will include most of the original Woodstock Festival performers in addition to current top acts .
The slogan of the 40th Anniversary festival is "For a green World – It''s a free concert from now".

M Sparks
01-15-2009, 05:10 AM
I'm going to go out on a limb and say Woodstock '79 was the best, hands down. But '89 was good too.

sbessiso
01-15-2009, 05:14 AM
It's going to be so chaotic

M Sparks
01-15-2009, 05:16 AM
Zebra

Zebra?

"Who's Behind The Door?" Zebra?

Seriously?

testcase
01-15-2009, 05:59 AM
I'm going to go out on a limb and say Woodstock '79 was the best, hands down. But '89 was good too.

Huh, why didn't I know there were also a '79 and '89?
Were those not advertised, or just for USA?

betao
01-15-2009, 06:02 AM
Woodstock is going to be free? Hmm...

testcase
01-15-2009, 06:04 AM
BTW, anyone has entire ppv of Woodstock 1994+1999?
Just pm me

testcase
01-15-2009, 06:10 AM
Woodstock is going to be free? Hmm...

Just $ (or Euro) 5 for "adminstration" costs..they expect 200-300.000 each concert so that's 3 million...revenue for a free concert just for entrance...

Why didn't I come up with that idea? hmmm

This a pdf from the mediagroup
http://www.media-consulta.com/fileadmin/Content/Downloads/03_Kompetenzen/pdf-Kompetenzen/05_Sport/Woodstock_english.pdf

Will dive in my loft, and dust off those old cdroms with captured sites/pictures and info of woodstock94-99. If I'm not mistaken I should have all 4300 images of woodstock.com and 100's of numerous other sites of those days.

paulb
01-15-2009, 09:16 AM
If Woodstock 09 happens...ill be there regardless of the lineup....

sbessiso
01-15-2009, 09:40 AM

I don't get it, Why? I'm not trying to start shit, I just really don't understand

shakermaker113
01-15-2009, 09:42 AM

it's going to be nickelback, slipknot, and ICP headlining.

Xrawrthatboy
02-06-2009, 12:30 AM
I really hope this happens. It would be amazing to see The Who and Santana as repeat performers! I wonder who else they would book as far as younger acts go? Also, let's hope they promote a clean, green festival environment this year. If this really does go down, and the lineup is decent, I'm taking the opportunity and organizing a van to drive from So Cal to upstate NY.

sportsbunny
02-06-2009, 01:34 AM
I went to WS '94 - it was one of the most memorable times I've had at a festival (and I've been to more than a few -Coachella '05, '07, DEMF '03, Burning Man '97, Reading Festival '96, Tribal Gathering '96, Lallapolooza more than once and also Love Parade '96 in Berlin)

unitedwestand
03-03-2009, 09:41 AM
looks like woodstock is happening afterall.
COS:
http://consequenceofsound.net/2009/03/03/woodstock-readies-return/
Woodstock readies return?

By Alex Young on March 3rd, 2009

Woodstock readies return?

It literally seems like every year we deal with rumors of a reincarnation of the infamous Woodstock Music Fesitval, only to disappointed (or thrilled, depending on your views) when nothing comes to fruition. But with the 40th anniversary of Woodstock ‘69 quickly approaching, promoters look to be more serious than ever about bringing the festival back for another go around.

According to TheRockRadio.com, chief promoter Michael Lang is currently at work on a two-day event to be held on the exact anniversary of the original Woodstock, August 15-16, in upstate New York. A European version, to be held in Berlin one week later, August 22-23, is also in the fold.

While no acts have been unveiled, the report goes on to note that Lang, who is credited as co-creator of the original Woodstock, is currently targeting such original participants as Santana, The Who, Joan Baez, Joe Cocker, Grateful Dead, and Country Joe and the Fish. More contemporary top acts will be included on the lineup as well.

The last edition of Woodstock took place in 1999, and featured the likes of Red Hot Chili Peppers, Rage Against the Machine, Metallica, and Dave Matthews Band among others. However, scorching tempatures, sanitary issues, and crowed violence caused many to view the festival as a failure.

unitedwestand
03-03-2009, 09:41 AM
http://consequenceofsound.net/festival-outlook/woodstock-music-festival/

rage patton
03-03-2009, 09:44 AM
Well this sucks. I can't make it that weekend. LAME!

unitedwestand
03-03-2009, 09:53 AM
http://woodstock.com/

Westy
03-03-2009, 10:02 AM
I went to WS '94 - it was one of the most memorable times I've had at a festival (and I've been to more than a few -Coachella '05, '07, DEMF '03, Burning Man '97, Reading Festival '96, Tribal Gathering '96, Lallapolooza more than once and also Love Parade '96 in Berlin)

I went to Reading '96. Actually I only went on the Saturday to see Black Grape. Did you see the Stone Roses? Where they as bad as everyone claims?

slurpee
03-03-2009, 10:13 AM
Why not go to Bonnaroo and call it a day?

unitedwestand
03-03-2009, 10:14 AM
because it's Woodstock.

greghead
03-03-2009, 10:24 AM
Woodstock now is just a logo, a brand to be consumed by people who are attempting to buy some form of authenticity, IMO. If the lineup is good, then by all means. But to go because simply because it's "Woodstock" seems to be a product of conspicuous consumption. Trying to cash in on the idea of what it was once. Maybe I'm reading too much into it, though.

billtino
03-03-2009, 10:21 PM
Woodstock '99 Map

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s139/idrive1life/Woodstock99Map.jpg

wow...this map brings back a lot of memories. i was one who traveled from LA so buying the $1000 package deal (3 day passes, round trip air, hotel stay at fancy hotel in Syracuse, shuttle bus to & from Rome each day & free vip lunch buffet inside Woodstock) put together by targetsports.com was the easiest decision i made that year.
For someone who spent most of the time at the East Stage, taking the near 2mile hike all the way to the West Stage (where the free vip buffet was) in 115 degree humid heat (on the tarmac) did not appeal to me at, so i bought the $12 pizza (personal pan pizza from pizza hut) & $8 (warm) water bottles instead.

paulb
03-03-2009, 10:23 PM
at least you were there....lucky bastard.

apostle2
03-03-2009, 10:33 PM
do you remember the name of the hotel in syracuse?

menikmati
03-03-2009, 10:33 PM
wow...this map brings back a lot of memories. i was one who traveled from LA so buying the $1000 package deal (3 day passes, round trip air, hotel stay at fancy hotel in Syracuse, shuttle bus to & from Rome each day & free vip lunch buffet inside Woodstock) put together by targetsports.com was the easiest decision i made that year.
For someone who spent most of the time at the East Stage, taking the near 2mile hike all the way to the West Stage (where the free vip buffet was) in 115 degree humid heat (on the tarmac) did not appeal to me at, so i bought the $12 pizza (personal pan pizza from pizza hut) & $8 (warm) water bottles instead.

brutal

uscjeff
03-03-2009, 10:46 PM

I did the same thing!! I still have that "VIP" pass framed.

uscjeff
03-03-2009, 10:48 PM

I was gonna ask the same thing. There were 2 - a tall one downtown and one that was like 3 stories out in the burbs (which I was in)

bballarl
03-03-2009, 10:49 PM
brutal

Amen.

WhyTheLongFace
03-03-2009, 11:27 PM

Is that A RATM pun that went over my head?

billtino
03-03-2009, 11:31 PM

I believe it was the Hotel Syracuse Renaissance Plaza. I remember riding the elevator with Ice Cube and seeing Kid Rock check out with some blond bimbos.

Looks like the hotel closed down :( Found a pic tho:

http://cache.virtualtourist.com/2133984-Hotel_Syracuse-Syracuse.jpg

Boourns
03-03-2009, 11:34 PM
ywuYC0n5cNg

P6nvrYopHV8

bballarl
03-04-2009, 12:09 AM
ywuYC0n5cNg

P6nvrYopHV8

Thank you for this.

sportsbunny
03-04-2009, 12:57 AM
I went to Reading '96. Actually I only went on the Saturday to see Black Grape. Did you see the Stone Roses? Where they as bad as everyone claims?

Oh god yes they were awful!!! And they had been one of the main reasons I went. What a disappointment. But the festival itself was great. I got to see The Prodigy and they were as awesome as Stone Roses were awful.

WhyTheLongFace
04-01-2009, 10:04 AM
"Massive" Woodstock May Not Come in 2009, Promoter Says
http://www.rollingstone.com/rockdaily/index.php/2009/03/27/massive-woodstock-may-not-come-in-2009-promoter-says/

As Woodstock's 40th anniversary approaches rumors are flying that another birthday concert is in the works. While original producer Michael Lang has been talking about plans for one concert in New York City and another in Berlin, 1969 Woodstock producer Joel Rosenman, Lang's partner for 40 years, says the show is very far away from being booked and may not even happen this year. "It may not be the year for Woodstock," he says. "We've had some very encouraging news about this year in the past few weeks, but we don't know for sure. We're not going to let some technical number, some digit, determine when the next Woodstock is. We're going to let something bigger than that determine it."
Rosenman says there were big plans for multiple Woodstocks all across the world last year, but the economic crash has made it very difficult to find funding. "That's an ambitious format that we can conceived of at a time when the tide was coming in in the world economy," he says. "It's a much different world a year later."
Rosenman hopes to pull in enough sponsors that they won't have to charge for tickets. "A lot of the venues we're looking at would require the event to be free since they're on public property," he says. "Our current thinking is that if we do charge for tickets, the prices would way below market." No acts have been booked, but they hope many of the bands that played the 1969 event will return. "I'd love to see Crosby, Stills and Nash and the Who and maybe Joe Cocker," he says. "When it comes to music of today, there are a number of acts to chose from. The A&R of today is not something my partners or I really take charge of. Instead, we can actually go online and find out from our actual audience who they'd like in the lineup."
Has the legacy of Woodstock '99 - which ended in bonfires and riots - made it difficult to get another one off the ground? "Hundreds of thousands of people had a great time at the last one," says Rosenman. "There were some who didn't. There is no Woodstock that we've had that has been uniformly regarded." Despite the setbacks, Rosenman has little doubt the show will happen - eventually. "There will be a Woodstock and it will be massive," says Rosenman. "We must do it responsibility and with the right kind of message. If we don't see those elements coming together, we'll keep working until they do."

fikus222
05-06-2009, 11:44 AM
From Consequence of Sound:

What’s the deal with Woodstock?

By Alex Young on May 6th, 2009

What’s the deal with Woodstock?

40 years this August will mark the 40th anniversary of the now iconic Woodstock Music Festival, and as one would come to expect based on latter incarnations of Woodstock, a few people are planning to take advantage of the occasion.

In March, news surfaced that Michael Lang, one of the creators behind the original Woodstock, had begun work on two two-day events, one in upstate New York on the exact anniversary of the original Woodstock (August 15-16) and the other one week later in Berlin. Adding to speculation was the a new woodstock.com, which sported a banner reading “coming soon.”

However one month later, the Daily News published an interview with Lang, in which the organizer downplayed any real anticipation, noting that some $8-10 million would have to be raised by the end of the month. “I’d love to do it. But it’s been a very tough year,” he said. Still, Lang wouldn’t say no to the possibility, and revealed that Brooklyn’s Prospect Park, Coney Island, and Queens’ Flushing Meadows were being considered as other locations for a possible Woodstock reincarnation.

In the weeks that followed, the “coming soon” banner on woodstock.com would be taken down and replaced by a press release announcing the arrival of a website that will act as a “cutting edge live music social network for all concerts.” Per Rolling Stone:

Woodstock.com will also be the major destination for all things Woodstock, collecting exclusive interviews, guest editors, audio-visual content, rare photographs, encyclopedia, Wiki and an online store dedicated to Woodstock ‘69, ‘94 and ‘99. The site will also house concert information, access to ticketing, show reviews, blogs and a forum.

In other words, not a website for a 2009 Woodstock, which essentially ended any hope for a Lang-organized event for this summer.

But as it now turns out, that doesn’t mean there won’t be any music celebrating the 40th anniversary. According to the New York Times, Levon Helm, Paul Kantner, and Country Joe McDonald, all of whom played the original Woodstock, are organizing a “new” show for August 15th at the Bethel Woods Center for the Arts in upstate New York - the site of first Woodstock festival took place. The current lineup includes the Levon Helm Band, Jefferson Airplane, Big Brother and the Holding Company, Ten Years After, Canned Heat, and Mountain. Also, Rolling Stone points out that one day prior at Bethel, Richie Havens will play a Woodstock-related even - so maybe we’re looking a two-day even?

So, to summarize, there probably won’t be an “official” Woodstock ‘09, but there will be an anniversary show featuring many of the festivals orginial members. Confusing? You betcha, but hey, that’s Woodstock for you!

http://consequenceofsound.net/2009/05/06/whats-the-deal-with-woodstock/

obsidiansky
06-13-2009, 04:00 PM
I was at the Woodstock in 1994. It was actually quite fun with all the mud and chaos. Although admittedly it started off a bit too cooperate, which is obviously missing the point.

guest-1185
06-13-2009, 06:56 PM
P6nvrYopHV8

That entrance is a truly impressive one man white trash parade.

Ardentbiscuit
07-03-2009, 12:13 PM
Thank God this isn't happening..

canexplain
08-14-2009, 06:49 AM
It was 40 years ago tomorrow Woodstock was held. My journey started 40 years ago today from Nashville Tennessee to Woodstock New York. We talked about the festival a little in our morning meeting but of the 8 people in the meeting, only 2 were even over 40 !! So are there any thoughts from the board on Woodstock itself, the two follow ups 94 or 99. How do you think 69 changed the festival and music scene?
Here are a couple of quotes from the link below that I especially like.
The first quote sums up a lot of what this board says about destination festivals vs. urban festivals. Cr****

In the full Woodstock experience, you were cut off from the rest of ... everyday life," he said. "It was kind of a magic land."

Rock critic Dave Marsh, who said he was offered a ticket but didn't go, puts it succinctly: "Woodstock was an accident. God liked that one."

http://www.cnn.com/2009/SHOWBIZ/Music/08/14/meaning.woodstock/index.html

scoop49er
08-14-2009, 07:27 AM
i watched both woodstock 94 and 99 on ppv. somewhere in my storage room i have on 9 vhs tapes loaded with the entire woodstock 94 99 event..

the woodstock 69 show always had a nice feeling about it from what i have seen and read. yeah it was run horribly but at that time , everyone came together and had a great time and they were no festivals during that time so it was special to the u.s.a.

94 and 99 showed how much the promoters did not have any vision to know how to run it properly..

94 ended up ok but after day 2 people were miserable as the reports all over the place said people could not get home and there were no shuttles and if there was, they were backed up for hours..

99 was a disaster.. day 1 music was good and everyone seemed like they were having a blast and on tv it came off great

day 2 was the most intense thing i still have ever watched it started out fine as they had a 1-2-3 shot ofcounting crows-dave matthews band-alanis morrisette. ok everyhing is fine, good vibes, etc.. but then it got nasty........

and it all was on Limp bizkit. that crowd was so intense and it was disturbing cuz Fred did not know how to handle a crowd so he made it worse by talking alot of shit and basically starting a riot plus so many girls were being manhandled it was really disturbing... also promoters should of talked to him to tell him to calm it down but nothing was done......

rage against the machine started late and lowered their volume and did well.

Metallica finished the night and did their thing and then it was over but you could tell even on tv that the shit had hit the fan and the vibe was not normal.

the rest is history with the rapes and fires and all that stuff...

so Woodstock for me has 2 parts to it.. what 1969 meant to that generation and comes off well in history for the most part... and how 94 and 99 almost destroyed the legacy.... the promoters were not as brilliant as they thought they were and damn were they either arrogant or stupid in their interviews... thats why they cant get it done now cuz promoters like coachella and bonnaroo have proven how to do it right so it is what it is.... 69 cool... 94...ok....99...disaster...

menikmati
08-14-2009, 09:10 AM
Yup....all the promoters did during the Limp Bizkit fiasco was turn off their sound for about 5-10 minutes, which just pissed Fred and the crowd off even more.....the promoters handled that event so wrong, a lot of the blame has to lie on them.

canexplain
08-14-2009, 09:16 AM
Yup....all the promoters did during the Limp Bizkit fiasco was turn off their sound for about 5-10 minutes, which just pissed Fred and the crowd off even more.....the promoters handled that event so wrong, a lot of the blame has to lie on them.

Menikmati, did you go to 99? If you did, do you remember when they started throwing the plastic bottles all the way in the back to all the way in the front? I have a picture of it, but the pic just doesn't give the real view of how it was like snow or something falling from the sky. That might have been during Bizkit, I don't remember. Scoop, I agree with most of what you said except I think the memories of 99 are somewhat worse then what they actually were. I was there for the full festival and I would give it a B- or maybe a C, but I had a great time. cr****

amyzzz
08-14-2009, 09:16 AM
I should've found some way to go in 94. :( I remember a fellow NIN fan at the local NIN concert saying she was gonna go somehow -- should've followed her lead.

amyzzz
08-14-2009, 09:17 AM
Ron, you should edit that to say 99 not 69....right?

menikmati
08-14-2009, 09:25 AM
Menikmati, did you go to 69? If you did, do you remember when they started throwing the plastic bottles all the way in the back to all the way in the front? I have a picture of it, but the pic just doesn't give the real view of how it was like snow or something falling from the sky. That might have been during Bizkit, I don't remember. Scoop, I agree with most of what you said except I think the memories of 99 are somewhat worse then what they actually were. I was there for the full festival and I would give it a B- or maybe a C, but I had a great time. cr****

No I did not attend Woodstock in 1969, nor 1994, nor 1999. I watched 1999 on TV and listened to it on the radio. The bottle throwing thing was during Kid Rock, I've seen photos/footage of it. Looking back, I'm glad I didn't attend 99....the place was full of meat heads on crack. Still though, Rage's performance that weekend still rates as one of my favorite boots to listen to.

canexplain
08-14-2009, 09:51 AM
No I did not attend Woodstock in 1969, nor 1994, nor 1999. I watched 1999 on TV and listened to it on the radio. The bottle throwing thing was during Kid Rock, I've seen photos/footage of it. Looking back, I'm glad I didn't attend 99....the place was full of meat heads on crack. Still though, Rage's performance that weekend still rates as one of my favorite boots to listen to.

Thank you Amy you might have saved me some grief although it would be a valid question either way, but on this board there are not many that might have went to 69. The RATM show was very very intense. I think it was partly because of the times/venue and RATM was younger and filled with a bit more passion IMO. I was also into NU-Metal at the time so even the bands we love to hate now put on one hell of a show and vibe. Angry, angry, but I knew that going in. The three guys from LA that were with me though sort of freaked out. Amy I didn’t attend 94 because at the time I was married and my ex hated most rock and roll and we went on a vacation instead. The DVD’s of that NIN show are still some of the best live NIN around. Cr****

scoop49er
08-14-2009, 10:01 AM
the NIN performance blew me away when i first watched it. i still have the bootleg cd i bought in 94 here somewhere..

when he crawled out and was covered with mud, the crowd was hooked!

Nu-metal was my thing too and i still have a soft spot for it.. Limp wa sintense just disappointing how they handled it as a band... Korn and Rage were highlights for me watching that weekend.. and it sucked that Ice Cube played on the 2nd stage cuz he would of tore up the main stage but because of what happened that sat, they moved him.. Damn DMX played that fest too...:)

i might have to pull out the vcr and watch it this weekend.. :)

canexplain
08-14-2009, 10:17 AM
This has been posted before so it is for the new people on the board in the last year or so. Yea scoop, Trent and the mud is an all time r&r classic performance. cr****

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j211/canexplain/DSC04840-1.jpg

This is a "bottle" picture. I got pretty close considering. I also must have about 100 pictures from 99, I should try and find them. I was lucky to come back with my brain from 69 so alas no pictures from then.

scoop49er
08-14-2009, 10:32 AM
id love to see the pictures you have....

yeah 94 and 99 were big deals for me to watch on PPV. friends laughed at me cuz they said i acted like i was there..

u gotta remember back in the 90's when i was a all out concert geek, they had no festivals for us to go to like they do now so when they announced the lineups, i was so fucking excited to watch them... so id love to see what u got.. :)

amyzzz
08-14-2009, 10:36 AM
They had the traveling Lollapalooza in the 90's...and Lilith Fair.

scoop49er
08-14-2009, 10:40 AM
exactly.........

canexplain
08-14-2009, 10:47 AM
Scoop I will try and find them tonight and post them tomorrow for the event memories even though they are from 99. We used to be the same way (of being stoked for a show) even for a new record release. We used to camp half the night in order to be the first who had the new Beatles/Doors/Jimi whoever record. Now we wake up at 12:01, go online, and download it or something like that. That is easier but it is a loss in someways. I had not planned on celebrating this weekend, but I think I will. The two other people that went with me in 69 in our green lizard ford both commited sucide so I guess I won't be remembering with them :( .... cr****

Mr. Dylanja
08-14-2009, 10:56 AM
I hope Trent decides to break all his gear during the show at The Echoplex, since it's his last.

faxman75
08-14-2009, 11:08 AM
This is edited but fun and crazy.

z4IX-oKXdSk

faxman75
08-14-2009, 11:12 AM
Trent talks about the mud and what he calls a performance that didn't go well.

-E18UfiILuE

sames44
08-14-2009, 11:19 AM
is it weird that I'm watching these on my work computer that has no sound?

amyzzz
08-14-2009, 11:38 AM
oh shit. I'm outta this thread.

scoop49er
08-14-2009, 12:12 PM
i remember reading something about trent saying that they agreed to do it cuz it would finance the rest of their tour.. they got 250,000 i think to play... that show got them rave reviews and their record sales went through the roof and closer had just came out so it for sure elevated them! :)

didnt green day have the big mudfight?

scoop49er
08-14-2009, 12:21 PM
the one to you tube is when limp bizkit did their version of ministry's thieves.. thats the moment when it got intense and crazy at woodstock 99. it went downhill after that...

digitaldragon03
08-14-2009, 01:54 PM
I have NEVER since seen a crowd look like waves in the ocean.

BQ8L5FaQ3nA

scoop49er
08-14-2009, 02:27 PM
yeah i remember watching that with my cousin mark and he was totally into gangsta rap but he was blazing it up and stood up and said "holy shit thats fucking cool!"

yeah they had a strong set....

scoop49er
08-14-2009, 03:57 PM
i still think the best parts of the woodstock 69 movie are santana doing soul sacrifice, joe cocker doing with a little help from my friends, and hendrix!

santana doing soul sacrifice is still one of the best instrumentals ive ever heard!

Mr. Dylanja
08-14-2009, 03:58 PM
Link?

scoop49er
08-14-2009, 04:01 PM
prince at coachella did a santana medley that has alot of that instrumental in there.. fuck its epic!

scoop49er
08-14-2009, 04:03 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XnamP4-M9ko

canexplain
08-14-2009, 04:14 PM
i still think the best parts of the woodstock 69 movie are santana doing soul sacrifice, joe cocker doing with a little help from my friends, and hendrix!

santana doing soul sacrifice is still one of the best instrumentals ive ever heard!

One of the few things better then a Jimi cover is Jimi himself. I wonder if he would still be just as innovative today as he was when he was alive. cr****

scoop49er
08-14-2009, 04:26 PM
best line i ever heard about hendrix was from vernon reid of Living Colour when he said" jimi was a alien. he was sent down to show us how to do it, then leave". that makes me smile cuz Hendrix was incredible.. hey, me and my dad did not get along much growing up but he did one thing right and had hendrix blasting on lp's growing up! :) i still have those. i took them from him cuz i said he doesnt understand how much it meant to me.. he laughed and said" i know" :)

canexplain
08-14-2009, 04:36 PM
best line i ever heard about hendrix was from vernon reid of Living Colour when he said" jimi was a alien. he was sent down to show us how to do it, then leave". that makes me smile cuz Hendrix was incredible.. hey, me and my dad did not get along much growing up but he did one thing right and had hendrix blasting on lp's growing up! :) i still have those. i took them from him cuz i said he doesnt understand how much it meant to me.. he laughed and said" i know" :)

That made me :). Yep there is something about the love of music, and sometimes you can forget things between you and others but you can just look at each other and think ..... yeaaaaa that was fucking badass .... sorry for the bad English lol ... cr****

scoop49er
08-14-2009, 07:07 PM
canexplain, u and me need to hang out!... :)

yeah ive been readin this thread so tonight out of love for festivals i downloaded woodstock 69,94, and 99 and im just gonna kick it this weekend and enjoy the music...

at the end and there is so much good live music that came out of it that im gonna enjoy it! cheers to WS! :)

Son of MJK
08-14-2009, 07:16 PM
I was surprised at how close I was able to get for that show. I have only been knocked down a couple of times to the ground during a set and that was one of them. I am not a big guy but just aware.

BROKENDOLL
08-15-2009, 12:46 AM
It was 40 years ago tomorrow Woodstock was held. My journey started 40 years ago today from Nashville Tennessee to Woodstock New York. We talked about the festival a little in our morning meeting but of the 8 people in the meeting, only 2 were even over 40 !! So are there any thoughts from the board on Woodstock itself, the two follow ups 94 or 99. How do you think 69 changed the festival and music scene?
Here are a couple of quotes from the link below that I especially like.
The first quote sums up a lot of what this board says about destination festivals vs. urban festivals. Cr****

In the full Woodstock experience, you were cut off from the rest of ... everyday life," he said. "It was kind of a magic land."

Rock critic Dave Marsh, who said he was offered a ticket but didn't go, puts it succinctly: "Woodstock was an accident. God liked that one."

http://www.cnn.com/2009/SHOWBIZ/Music/08/14/meaning.woodstock/index.html
Happy 40th Anniversary Woodstock!!!
April 15-17, 1969
http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w18/1BROKENDOLL/woodstock1969-1.jpg

JustSteve
08-15-2009, 09:06 AM

was watching a special on vh1 last night...had totally forgotten that he was high as hell on mescaline during the set. they thought they were going on later in the day, but organizers said play now or don't play at all...and they pulled that shit off.

i believe he said the neck of his guitar turned into a snake and he was doing his best to try and control it, to keep it from biting him, haha!

Mr. Dylanja
08-15-2009, 11:43 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XnamP4-M9ko

WOW!!!

canexplain
08-15-2009, 11:47 AM
Happy 40th Woodstock .... Now I just have to make it to the 50th :) Yea scoop we could talk music for hours. I am a nice guy despite how wired I get sometimes here. Peace and Love ...... Colorado Ron ******

JustSteve
08-15-2009, 11:57 AM
WOW!!!

can you imagine being ~20 years old and playing in front of 500,000 people? jesus.

canexplain
08-15-2009, 12:15 PM
I am watching Woodstock Now and Then on VH1. It's pretty good. Then they are going to do the 4 hour show of the concert after that. :) cr****

C DUB YA
08-15-2009, 12:27 PM
a timely scan from my current stub cataloging...

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2477/3823522483_fb58fc3e69.jpg

Thankfully I skipped the 1999 edition so that I could try out this other new festival out in Southern California. :)

canexplain
08-15-2009, 12:29 PM
Wow that was sort of costly. I never had a ticket for 69 because the fence was down at that time, but some dude on tv had his and it was 8 bucks for each day lol ..... cr****

C DUB YA
08-15-2009, 12:36 PM
it was expensive for 1994 - cheap these days I guess.

canexplain
08-15-2009, 12:46 PM
Being young and dumb, we three had went to the Denver Pop Festival, which was urban, in a football stadium, but it was the first time I was gassed, and the Atlanta Pop Festival which we camped, we thought we had it wired, well only sort of lol :) cr****

JustSteve
08-15-2009, 12:48 PM
Wow that was sort of costly. I never had a ticket for 69 because the fence was down at that time, but some dude on tv had his and it was 8 bucks for each day lol ..... cr****

i thought it was $6? and was that the guy on the vh1 special who had tickets #1 and #2?

my parents were on the way to the show, but were stuck in traffic with a long way still to go so they decided to turn around and head home. losers :)

BROKENDOLL
08-15-2009, 01:41 PM
was watching a special on vh1 last night...had totally forgotten that he was high as hell on mescaline during the set. they thought they were going on later in the day, but organizers said play now or don't play at all...and they pulled that shit off.

i believe he said the neck of his guitar turned into a snake and he was doing his best to try and control it, to keep it from biting him, haha!
We watched it last night also. Pretty wild, huh? After it ended, I went surfing through different sites, which is where I got the pic I posted. Here's a site that really captured my attention, especially with the personal accounts and stories...Enjoy! I sure am! http://www.woodstockstory.com/

BROKENDOLL
08-15-2009, 01:44 PM
This past week of events really does define the turmoil in the late 60's well when you think about it... August 8, 1969, we had the Manson deal...One week later, August 15, 1969, Woodstock...How could you not be on drugs back then?

scoop49er
08-15-2009, 04:25 PM
i have the woodstock now and then documentary taped and gonna watch it tonight..

i downloaded and made myself a best of set of the 69 94 and 99 festivals and im gonna play them tonight when everyone comes over for a bbq... :)

scoop49er
08-15-2009, 05:00 PM
that santana story is so epic!

CalmerThanYou
08-18-2009, 08:56 PM
^ QFT....Ron, i CANT believe you were there...fucking insane.

i had NO idea there were 400-500k people there. One stage.

insane.

woogie846
08-18-2009, 09:50 PM
My dad worked at Woodstock '69. He was a techie at the Fillmore East for a couple of years when someone came around looking for volunteers. He helped build the stage.