PDA

View Full Version : ID for alcohol?

Elazarus
02-01-2007, 03:32 AM
Would they accept a British driving licence as a form of ID, if so will they know what a British licence would look like, if not then I could could get a fake one made up before I go.

invisiblerobots
02-01-2007, 07:18 AM
I'm fairly sure that the ID folk have seen a British license before and can ascertain whether or not it's legit.

RandyinPhila
02-01-2007, 07:19 AM
And they will def. take a passport

Rezzo
02-01-2007, 09:48 AM
drinking age is 21 here

Philthy
02-01-2007, 04:54 PM
Yeah - a UK driving license is fine, as long as you have the photocard one.

That's what I always use.

brianna21
03-18-2015, 08:26 AM
I have a GREAT question, what if I register my wristband as my fake i.d information???? (its not a fake i.d but its my friends) but what if I make my wristband match my "i.d."

Miroir Noir
03-18-2015, 08:27 AM
I have a GREAT question, what if I register my wristband as my fake i.d information???? (its not a fake i.d but its my friends) but what if I make my wristband match my "i.d." im 20 but obviously I wanna get drinks while im there too

Go fuck yourself.

boner_chb
03-18-2015, 09:37 AM
I have a GREAT question, what if I register my wristband as my fake i.d information???? (its not a fake i.d but its my friends) but what if I make my wristband match my "i.d."

It doesn't work like that.

baily
03-18-2015, 10:40 AM
They have ID readers there where they'll swipe your ID to see if it's legit. If they have any 'issue' they are to confiscate the ID. They risk their rights to sell alcohol at the festival if underage people are getting approved...don't think they are going to give up $500,000 per day that they are making for a few 'hot chicks' to drink.

jck83
03-18-2015, 11:31 AM
they are very strict on IDs, I had one that was expired by a month and they would not give me a wristband and I was 31 at the time.

lungshadow
03-18-2015, 11:35 AM

Your definition of 'GREAT' must vary from mine.

Beer and liquor are stupid expensive within the venue; it will be boiling hot, dare I say that I don't recommend whatever it is you are suggesting. They don't check your wristband to get carded for booze anyway... What happens if you do this and you lose your wristband and try to get a new one with a fake ID? Answer: no Coachella for you.

Pro-tip: tailgate with new friends you make wandering around in the camping area (offer to help them out by brining in ICE and trade for a few beers perhaps?). Get your pre-game on, then go enjoy some concerts as opposed to trying to get a selfie with a $10beer and work your way into sunburned, alcohol stupor and unintended pregnancy / STDs.

Note to self: Maybe a bit harsh? Nah.

Hayleymoo
03-24-2015, 07:54 PM
i have read in another thread that they have been rejected for their license from another country and that passports are the best way to go.

ialvarado2
03-24-2015, 08:27 PM
I had to deal with an idiot that didn't believe my Texas DL was real.

psychic friend
03-24-2015, 09:10 PM
passport for the for sure win