View Full Version : Transportation From Airport

02-28-2008, 11:37 PM
Hey I have been a very long time reader of the Coachella boards. This is the first year I have actually been about to attend though. I am from TN, and the Bonnaroo lineup is a disgrace this year, so I will definitely be Cali bound in April. I would really appreciate some advice on how to get from the Palm Springs Airport to the festival grounds, cheaply. I will probably need to stop at a grocery store of some sort to pick up some supplies I couldnt bring on the plane. Is this possible? Any info would be very beneficial. Thank you.

02-29-2008, 12:12 AM
there is probably a store close enough to walk to from teh airport, then from there just get a cab to your hotel/campground. or hook up with someone ariving at teh same time with a rental car and split gas?

02-29-2008, 06:56 AM
im also flying into the PSP airport. My friend's mom made the plane reservations and she told us she found a bus service that runs to/from the airport into Indio..i sure hope this is true, because it's what im relying on. If not, there's always cabs.

02-29-2008, 07:11 AM
there is a vons 1 mile west of the PSairport but the taking the sunbus (public buses in the valley) down to the campgrounds would be a nightmare involving 2 transfers between buses... a cab would cost $100+.... if you are trying to make it down to the campgrounds on THURSDAY only... then look undercarpools i have a thread offering rides to the campgrounds ANYTIME thursday with a stopover @ the superwal-mart in palm springs...

02-29-2008, 07:13 AM
jimmy's a nice guy who provides great transportation. just sayin.......enjoy!

03-01-2008, 10:36 AM
It's pretty far away...about a 45 minute drive...You need to take the bus or a very expensive cab ride :)

03-01-2008, 10:42 AM
Otherwise, keep an eye out for rent-a-car carpools with people. If you find enough people needing a ride to and from Palm Springs Aiport (or LAX, Ontario, San Diego, etc.), you guys can pool in on a rental car. I posted a thread not too long ago on some rental car facts and advice. It might be worth your while to read it. Here's the link

Hope you work out your transportation issues

03-01-2008, 04:35 PM
just ask around for rides on the plane or at the airport, there were tonnes of people offering rides last year at PSP on thursday

03-01-2008, 09:25 PM
Check the carpool section. There are many other people in your situation, so if you open a thread saying what day/time are you arriving/departing you may rent a car and split costs or work something out.

03-01-2008, 09:27 PM