PDA

View Full Version : Well All Points West gets Radiohead...2 Nights!

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

phonics80
02-20-2008, 07:38 PM
Yes, it's true.

Looks like I'll be heading out to NJ.

http://www.urb.com/permalink/2325/Radiohead-to-perform-TWO-nights-at-APW.html

Memorial_07
02-20-2008, 07:40 PM
fuck......
Goldenvoice despises Coachella for letting this happen.

kreutz2112
02-20-2008, 07:41 PM
this thread is going to turn into a bitch fest.

delete.

MarkO
02-20-2008, 07:41 PM
I can only imagine how apoplectic people will go if this is true.

phonics80
02-20-2008, 07:46 PM
I can only imagine how apoplectic people will go if this is true.

Word.

I actaully got this info from a bulletin just posted on Myspace by URB magazine. It said they had the "exclusive."

microlovebeat
02-20-2008, 07:46 PM
if this turns out to be true, all hell will and SHOULD break loose on here.

radiohead 2 nights? pfffff..........and we get fucking kate nash and yeasayer has "big surprises". if nothing major gets added to our lineup then coachella has offically drowned itself.

LAME

betao
02-20-2008, 07:48 PM
Radiohead? for 2 nights? wow.

just, wow.

i blame Jack Johnson.

and Creed.

Bud Luster
02-20-2008, 07:48 PM
fuck radiohead anyway. Maybe there wont be any suicides at Coachella this year...

microlovebeat
02-20-2008, 07:49 PM
i blame GV for being money grubbing whores

sbessiso
02-20-2008, 07:50 PM
i think this more than confirms APW will be a sell out

GnarVee
02-20-2008, 07:51 PM
well we got fucked...... 2 of the 3 nights...... Thats fuckn crazy........Friday- OkComputer/ Kid A in their entirety......... break saturday..........Sunday-Hail to the Theif/ In Rainbows also in their entirety......I get my californian ass there in a fucking heartbeat...

JustSteve
02-20-2008, 07:54 PM
glad my hotel rooms are all secured...

kreutz2112
02-20-2008, 07:55 PM
you new the whole time you conniving bastard

sbessiso
02-20-2008, 07:55 PM
blah blah

bartelby
02-20-2008, 07:58 PM
i am SO fucking there

mandelbaum
02-20-2008, 08:04 PM
Works out well for GV to have the festival coincide with Radiohead's tour schedule (as opposed to Coachella). Now let's just hope that Jack Johnson doesn't show up for the 3rd night. I'd rather have a 2nd or 3rd tier performer than Jack Johnson. Bring back The Strokes to play for the hometown crowd!

hypervera
02-20-2008, 08:05 PM
what did i say all the time?? APW fucked coachella! GV sent to hell coachella with this weak lineup and they get radiohead for TWO NIGHTS at APW :nono

clumsy342
02-20-2008, 08:06 PM
This cannot be true...
It just can't.

Right?

Am I right???

I call bullshit.

Boourns
02-20-2008, 08:08 PM
Headliners revealed:
Friday: Radiohead, Portishead, The Chemical Brothers, The Flaming Lips
Saturay: David Bowie, Pulp, Underworld, A Tribe Called Quest
Sunday: Radiohead, My Bloody Valentine, The Prodigy, Sigur Ros

leo01g
02-20-2008, 08:08 PM
I doubt this is true. Why would they headline two days?

C DUB YA
02-20-2008, 08:10 PM
Well we pretty much know they'll do one night and that is enough.

APW here i come

mandelbaum
02-20-2008, 08:11 PM
I doubt this is true. Why would they headline two days?

Makes a lot of sense to me. There aren't any good headliners left out there, so why not take the one that everyone wants to see and let them play twice? At some point, promoters have to do something different. And we know the demand is there...pretty brilliant move if you ask me.

JustSteve
02-20-2008, 08:12 PM
what did i say all the time?? APW fucked coachella! GV sent to hell coachella with this weak lineup and they get radiohead for TWO NIGHTS at APW :nono

you lose.

C DUB YA
02-20-2008, 08:13 PM
Makes a lot of sense to me. There aren't any good headliners left out there, so why not take the one that everyone wants to see and let them play twice? At some point, promoters have to do something different. And we know the demand is there...pretty brilliant move if you ask me.

Yeah in that respect it makes a lot of sense. Radiohead = Sellout.

hypervera
02-20-2008, 08:15 PM
you lose.

what? radiohead will play at san diego later and ive already seen them 3 times. im just saying that gv didnt make a great coachella lineup because theyll put the best for apw

kreutz2112
02-20-2008, 08:15 PM
Headliners revealed:

if that was true this board would make the internet explode.

leo01g
02-20-2008, 08:16 PM

There are plenty of other headliners that could headline instead of two days of Radiohead. I mean thats awesome that they would do that but i dont really see it happening.

bmoon99
02-20-2008, 08:20 PM
http://mogy.org/cache/portfolio1/radiohead8.jpg

Radiohead from Coachella 2005. Photo courtesy of www.mogy.org

bmoon99
02-20-2008, 08:21 PM
http://mogy.org/cache/portfolio1/radiohead3.jpg

Photo courtesy of www.mogy.org

leo01g
02-20-2008, 08:21 PM
are we just randomly posting pics now?

JustSteve
02-20-2008, 08:23 PM
im just saying that gv didnt make a great coachella lineup because theyll put the best for apw

do you work for goldenvoice? do you work in the music biz? you are talking out of your ass. maybe get a little experience on how things are put together before making statements like the one above.

mandelbaum
02-20-2008, 08:23 PM
what? radiohead will play at san diego later and ive already seen them 3 times. im just saying that gv didnt make a great coachella lineup because theyll put the best for apw

Radiohead isn't touring in the States at the time of Coachella. It didn't work out. Goldenvoice doesn't route their tour for them.

Boourns
02-20-2008, 08:28 PM
That's true. Coachella is several months before their first trip to America. It's not like they will be here the following week or anything like that.

hypervera
02-20-2008, 08:28 PM
do you work for goldenvoice? do you work in the music biz? you are talking out of your ass. maybe get a little experience on how things are put together before making statements like the one above.

i dont need to work for gv to realize that this coachella is the weakest ever and apw will have a better lineup than coachella thats for sure :thu , they are promoting a new fest they have to get an amazing lineup

suprefan
02-20-2008, 08:31 PM
http://mogy.org/cache/portfolio1/radiohead8.jpg

Radiohead from Coachella 2005. Photo courtesy of www.mogy.org

2004 guy. And yeah, you trying to show off average photos?

leo01g

Hypervera always talks out of his ass. Out of topic but JustSteve what places are good to eat at Newport? Im a student at Irvine and im tired of eating the same food all the time!

hypervera
Radiohead isn't touring in the States at the time of Coachella. It didn't work out. Goldenvoice doesn't route their tour for them.

i didnt say "i want radiohead at coachella" well that would be good. i just said APW gets a better lineup than coachella 08

hypervera
02-20-2008, 08:32 PM
Hypervera always talks out of his ass. Out of topic but JustSteve what places are good to eat at Newport? Im a student at Irvine and im tired of eating the same food all the time!

out of topic? learn to read first :winkiss

C DUB YA
02-20-2008, 08:33 PM
I guess lurker means - post pics for no real reason.

phonics80
02-20-2008, 08:33 PM
are we just randomly posting pics now?

Seriously, WTF?

corbo
02-20-2008, 08:34 PM
ugh. this is fucking depressing.

JustSteve
02-20-2008, 08:34 PM
Out of topic but JustSteve what places are good to eat at Newport? Im a student at Irvine and im tired of eating the same food all the time!

whatcha looking for foodwise? what price range?

leo01g
02-20-2008, 08:36 PM
out of topic? learn to read first :winkiss

If you didnt know, out of topic means that you deviate from the original topic which was discussed. Learn to read first? what are you talking about?

PassiveTheory
02-20-2008, 08:37 PM
Radiohead, Jack Johnson, Radiohead.

Hmmm... I'm about even here... I'll probably be more disappointed once the subheadliners are released.

quicksand
SHIT'S WEAK

kreutz2112
http://g-ec2.images-amazon.com/images/G/01/music/Radiohead_Thom.jpg

hypervera
02-20-2008, 08:38 PM
If you didnt know, out of topic means that you deviate from the original topic which was discussed. Learn to read first? what are you talking about?

radiohead 2 nights at apw, coachella message board, coachella will be weaker than apw, gv makes coachella and apw, all have sense

leo01g
02-20-2008, 08:38 PM
whatcha looking for foodwise? what price range?

Anything i guess as long as it taste good. I went to the Cannery and i actually didnt think it was that good. A good seafood place?

leo01g
02-20-2008, 08:40 PM
I've passed through the crab cooker a couple times and its always really busy! Have you ever been?

suprefan
02-20-2008, 08:40 PM
Radiohead, Jack Johnson, Radiohead.

Hmmm... I'm about even here... I'll probably be more disappointed once the subheadliners are released.

No, Radiohead, Radiohead, Bjork

C DUB YA
02-20-2008, 08:41 PM
I don't know what that is but - CRAB COOKER - sounds awesome.

quicksand
02-20-2008, 08:42 PM
god damn thom yorke will always look like a sick puppy to me.
this shit really is weak by the way.
slap in the face gv.

Amneeziac
I believe I said something along the lines of "it's not Radiohead headlining every night, but it's still good," in response to Coachella's lineup when it first came out.

... :(

Boourns
All the Radiohead rumors are red herrings. The real headliners are Journey, Styx, and REO Speedwagon.

leo01g
02-20-2008, 08:43 PM
Yeah its a restaurant that seems like they sell really good crab

leo01g
02-20-2008, 08:45 PM
All the Radiohead rumors are red herrings. The real headliners are Journey, Styx, and REO Speedwagon.

Thank you Boourns!

i_like_cake530
02-20-2008, 08:45 PM
i dont need to work for gv to realize that this coachella is the weakest ever and apw will have a better lineup than coachella thats for sure :thu , they are promoting a new fest they have to get an amazing lineup

you are an idiot...Coachella's budget is completely separate from APW's...and just because one headliner isn't good, that doesn't mean that this is Coachella's worst lineup ever.

phonics80
02-20-2008, 08:46 PM
I've passed through the crab cooker a couple times and its always really busy! Have you ever been?

Place is Bomb, Go! Definitely worth the wait.

betao
02-20-2008, 08:46 PM
No, Radiohead, Radiohead, Bjork

*paging TeamCoachella to the thread, paging*

Amneeziac
02-20-2008, 08:47 PM
That's true. Coachella is several months before their first trip to America. It's not like they will be here the following week or anything like that.

Coachella - April 25th, 26th, 27th
Radiohead @ Cruzan Amphitheatre, West Palm Beach, FL - May 5th

That's not a difference of several months.

kreutz2112
02-20-2008, 08:47 PM
you are an idiot...Coachella's budget is completely separate from APW's...and just because one headliner isn't good, that doesn't mean that this is Coachella's worst lineup ever.

The budgets may be separate, but the source of the money is the same.

gaypalmsprings
02-20-2008, 08:48 PM
but we got JJ

orbit
02-20-2008, 08:49 PM

Well, it's not just one headliner.. but yeah it's stupid to say APW lineup is better when they haven't released one.

faxman75
Coachella's budget is completely separate from APW's...

How in the fuck would you have any clue about budgets. Same promoter putting on both shows, ultimately the money is coming from the same place but if you are in the know and all.......lol

This thread is fucking great. I love the internet explode comment and the giant lifesize pic of Yorke.

best thread ever

C DUB YA

Yes! Steve Perry is a God.

faxman75
02-20-2008, 08:50 PM
Dude Radiohead should not only be the headliner but the only artist playing a 3 day fucking marathon set with Jack Johnson giving them breaks every now and again. omg wtf?

phonics80
02-20-2008, 08:51 PM
I might be mistaken, but I think this thread was just taken down.

Hmmmmmm.

MarkO

DONT STOP BELIEVIN' !!!!!!!!!!!

C DUB YA
If I'm not mistaken, I think that huge pic is from the Make Trade Fair photoshoot. Where they dumped food and shit on rockstars. I remember Stipe had milk poured on his skinny bald head. Looked a bit like large amounts of man juice.

hypervera
02-20-2008, 08:52 PM

if you add the apw budget to the coachella budget= coachella gets more money for bigger bands.

and this coachella 08 is the weakest ever and its not all jack johnson´s blame

wmgaretjax
02-20-2008, 08:52 PM
i'm thinking about getting that record player...

karecares
02-20-2008, 08:53 PM
IF this is true I'd really be happy about it. I'm also happy I live in NJ

MarkO

His post >

Your head >

hypervera

agreed!

instinct
02-20-2008, 08:54 PM
Headliners revealed:

Wow.. Just fucking wow.. This makes Coachella seem SOOOOO much shittier.

i_like_cake530
02-20-2008, 08:56 PM
if you add the apw budget to the coachella budget= coachella gets more money for bigger bands.

and this coachella 08 is the weakest ever and its not all jack johnson´s blame

How in the fuck would you have any clue about budgets. Same promoter putting on both shows, ultimately the money is coming from the same place but if you are in the know and all.......lol

This thread is fucking great. I love the internet explode comment and the giant lifesize pic of Yorke.

best thread ever

PF told us...

hypervera
02-20-2008, 08:58 PM

:thu

suprefan
02-20-2008, 08:58 PM
Radiohead will do back to back nights, they wont split it, all they have to do is stack the day without them to have peopel go So if like MBV was on this, they woudl put them the days radiohead isnt playing, which would force you to go.

Somewhat Damaged
02-20-2008, 09:01 PM

No, it isn't, but Florida is on the other side of the fucking country. And with Radiohead's stated desire to tour "green," even if they aren't necessarily abiding by it 100%, it wouldn't make any sense for them to fly out to California to play Coachella then hit the east coast for that leg of their North American tour, only to return to the west coast at the end of the summer. It's not Goldenvoice's fault that's how Radiohead devised their tour itinerary. How many times does it need to be said before certain morons figure it the fuck out?

C DUB YA
02-20-2008, 09:01 PM
Radiohead will play one day,

...and then Bowie wil come out and shit a tiny version of Jarvis, who then will sing chipmunk inspired Smiths covers for 3 days.

wmgaretjax
02-20-2008, 09:02 PM
PF told us...

what did she tell you? That the budgets are entirely unrelated?

quicksand
02-20-2008, 09:03 PM
Headliners revealed:

I'm really embaressed right now. No such thing as bragging that I'm going to Coachella anymore. God damn GV do you have to give them fucking EVERYTHING? Seriously Jack Johnson, The Verve, The Raconteurs, Death Cab as some of the biggest names of the Coachella festival? And they get a fucking unbelievable dream line up? Suck my down GV.

wmgaretjax
02-20-2008, 09:04 PM
I'm really embaressed right now. No such thing as bragging that I'm going to Coachella anymore. God damn GV do you have to give them fucking EVERYTHING? Seriously Jack Johnson, The Verve, The Raconteurs, Death Cab as some of the biggest names of the Coachella festival? And they get a fucking unbelievable dream line up? Suck my down GV.

stupid head

Boourns
02-20-2008, 09:05 PM
No, it isn't, but Florida is on the other side of the fucking country. And with Radiohead's stated desire to tour "green," even if they aren't necessarily abiding by it 100%, it wouldn't make any sense for them to fly out to California to play Coachella then hit the east coast for that leg of their North American tour, only to return to the west coast at the end of the summer. It's not Goldenvoice's fault that's how Radiohead devised their tour itinerary. How many times does it need to be said before certain morons figure it the fuck out?

Well, Radiohead could always take a train or whatever to California. And does it make any sense to fly out to America just to do eight shows, then fly back to Europe, and then fly back to America again three months later to do around sixteen more instead of doing them all in the same visit?

C DUB YA
02-20-2008, 09:05 PM

you forgot tiny, Bowie shit covered JARVIS on days 3, 4, and 6! I can't believe GV is making APW 6 days now. Wow!

MarkO
02-20-2008, 09:06 PM

Save it.

Radioheads itinerary is bollocks. Fly from England --> few East coast/Midwest shows --> Europe --> more East Coast/MidWest/West Coast shows. At this point, them flying individually in fucking Concorde isn't off the table.

matsuolost

those are not the real headliners mind you

hypervera
Well, Radiohead could always take a train or whatever to California. And does it make any sense to fly out to America just to do eight shows, then fly back to Europe, and then fly back to America again three months later to do around sixteen more instead of doing them all in the same visit?

yeah!

i_like_cake530
02-20-2008, 09:07 PM
what did she tell you? That the budgets are entirely unrelated?

the festivals are not related. their budgets do not intertwine. you guys are so convoluted

haha oops...this quote was about Stagecoach...not APW, so i guess i made a mistake. However, it may be the same circumstances for APW as well, i dont really know. Either way hypervera is still an idiot.

Bosco
02-20-2008, 09:07 PM
anyone think APW is gonna have a early curfew like Lolla? I hope not...

God, damn....2 nights.....BIG...BIG

hypervera
02-20-2008, 09:10 PM
haha oops...this quote was about Stagecoach...not APW, so i guess i made a mistake. However, it may be the same circumstances for APW as well, i dont really know. Either way hypervera is still an idiot.

hahaha you know you love me :winkiss my stupid friend

JustSteve
02-20-2008, 09:12 PM
them flying individually in fucking Concorde isn't off the table.

yeah it is, no such thing as the concorde anymore.

suprefan
02-20-2008, 09:12 PM
No they wont have a stupid early curfew like Lolla. Thats chicago a major city. This is Jersey, a not so big place.

MarkO
02-20-2008, 09:13 PM
yeah it is, no such thing as the concorde anymore.

Fine. They're flying individually in an A380; Thom's is red, Phils is blue, Ed's is green ....

Happy now ?

suprefan
02-20-2008, 09:15 PM
Colin is Yellow and Jonny is Purple.

Rainbow fleet!!!

Boourns
02-20-2008, 09:15 PM
Budgets have nothing to do with any of this. If anything, it's more an issue of revealing all your cards at once. Spread the best surprises out between the two fests? Probably good business and definitely a must when certain bands are unavailable at certain times, whether or not the "unavailability" is for a legit reason or not (*coughs* MY BLOODY VALENTINE), of course.

If APW started in 2006, would all of these have played Coachella: Depeche Mode, Tool, Daft Punk, Massive Attack, Madonna, Kanye West, etc? If not, which ones? If so, which ones would also have played APW? What surprises and big bands that were unavailable for Coachella would have been available for APW? Obviously we would never know for sure and can only speculate.

Sonicifyouwantit
02-20-2008, 09:17 PM
might as well post pics they are more entertaining than the random and reckless speculation.

Somewhat Damaged
02-20-2008, 09:20 PM
I'm not defending Radiohead's tour itinerary as much as I'm pointing out that Goldenvoice likely had little say in whether they were willing to perform in Indio at the end of April.

kreutz2112
02-20-2008, 09:21 PM
http://craigmusgrove.com/kelownapics/sunray.jpg

http://www.digitech.com/images/artists/RonnieJamesDio.jpg

http://images.jupiterimages.com/common/detail/71/41/22414171.jpg

i_like_cake530
02-20-2008, 09:21 PM
Budgets have nothing to do with any of this. If anything, it's more an issue of revealing all your cards at once. Spread the best surprises out between the two fests? Probably good business and definitely a must when certain bands are unavailable at certain times, whether or not the "unavailability" is for a legit reason or not (*coughs* MY BLOODY VALENTINE), of course.

If APW started in 2006, would all of these have played Coachella: Depeche Mode, Tool, Daft Punk, Massive Attack, Madonna, Kanye West, etc? If not, which ones? If so, which ones would also have played APW? What surprises and big bands that were unavailable for Coachella would have been available for APW? Obviously we would never know for sure and can only speculate.

That seems much more likely and reasonable than, "hmm, lets spend all our money on our new festival and let our other one go to shit."

BTW, Boourns, you're three posts away from being a Coachella Junkie...better make em count.

Amneeziac
02-20-2008, 09:22 PM

You need to calm down, you really misunderstood what I was trying to say. I know that Radiohead won't be in Southern California until August. Boourns said that they won't be in the States for several months, which just isn't true.

I never implied that they would be playing Coachella, or that GV or Radiohead are somehow to blame for not playing. I'd be lying if I said I was happy with Radiohead not playing Coachella, OF COURSE I want them to play at Coachella. But I know it isn't GV's fault that they're not playing Coachella. I'm glad that they're starting off their new festival with such a bang, if this is in fact true. I'm hoping to attend.

And also, just for kicks, I should mention that in 2004 Radiohead played Coachella just four days after playing in Australia. :P

suprefan
02-20-2008, 09:23 PM

DIO!!!!

kreutz2112
02-20-2008, 09:25 PM
DIO!!!!

1/3

MarkO
02-20-2008, 09:29 PM
You need to calm down, you really misunderstood what I was trying to say. I know that Radiohead won't be in Southern California until August. Boourns said that they won't be in the States for several months, which just isn't true..........

It's also untrue that you understood the sarcasm in his post.

phonics80
02-20-2008, 09:29 PM

Nothing is more metal than Black plastic knives. Nothing.

I'm bringing mine to Rocklahoma.

Boourns
02-20-2008, 09:32 PM
You need to calm down, you really misunderstood what I was trying to say. I know that Radiohead won't be in Southern California until August. Boourns said that they won't be in the States for several months, which just isn't true.

Yeah, it was a joke at their expense.

suprefan
02-20-2008, 09:39 PM
Uh oh, 5k coming..

Cdubby
02-20-2008, 09:42 PM
Headliners revealed:

oh god lol

ThomThom
02-20-2008, 09:43 PM
I just finished putting my eye balls back into their sockets... Now I'm eating a toaster strudel and thinking to myself "FUCK JERSEY".

suprefan
02-20-2008, 09:50 PM
I just finished putting my eye balls back into their sockets... Now I'm eating a toaster strudel and thinking to myself "FUCK JERSEY".

Where we going?!?!?!?

Bud Luster
02-20-2008, 10:08 PM
No they wont have a stupid early curfew like Lolla. Thats chicago a major city. This is Jersey, a not so big place.

Jesus you are grabbing at straws here. Arent we talking about just outside of NYC here??? And you dont know shit about the curfew.

rage patton
02-20-2008, 10:25 PM
So wait... does everyone actually believe this article? I can't fucking believe all of you guys. Why on earth would Radiohead headline 2 nights? It doesn't even make any sense.

suprefan
02-20-2008, 10:26 PM
Well considering that its going to be put into print in the next issue? What do you want peopel to say.

Jesus you are grabbing at straws here. Arent we talking about just outside of NYC here??? And you dont know shit about the curfew.

Yeah outside NY, in another state, so NOT NY.

rage patton
02-20-2008, 10:29 PM
Until it is anounced, I won't believe it. It just seems like a dumb idea. Sure everyone here wants to see Radiohead more then once on this tour, including me, but having them headline 2 days just seems stupid and senseless. Not everyone wants to see Radiohead twice. For the average person, once is enough.

ThomThom
02-20-2008, 10:29 PM
So wait... does everyone actually believe this article? I can't fucking believe all of you guys. Why on earth would Radiohead headline 2 nights? It doesn't even make any sense.

Rage,

Urb is a pretty reliable source, especially if they are in fact printing this on their next issue. They have a direct relationship with GV.

kreutz2112
02-20-2008, 10:31 PM
Radiohead fans are not average people.

suprefan
02-20-2008, 10:33 PM
Until it is anounced, I won't believe it. It just seems like a dumb idea. Sure everyone here wants to see Radiohead more then once on this tour, including me, but having them headline 2 days just seems stupid and senseless. Not everyone wants to see Radiohead twice. For the average person, once is enough.

Lots of people would want to see them twice. You really doubt the audience if you think this is stupid.

rage patton
02-20-2008, 10:34 PM
Rage,

Urb is a pretty reliable source, especially if they are in fact printing this on their next issue. They have a direct relationship with GV.

So the APW headliners are Jack Johnson, Radiohead and Radiohead? I know Urb is a reliable source, due to thier ties with GV, but still? Even if this is true... would they play 2 completely different sets each night? I dunno, I still have a hard time believing this.

Bosco
02-20-2008, 10:35 PM

IMO it was a stupid and senseless idea for Coachella to have Jack Johnson headline... so IMO anything is possible at this point...

Plus, maybe the 2 nights headlining, might mean 2 totally different performances...Which would be awesome!

ThomThom
02-20-2008, 10:36 PM
Radiohead fans are not average people.

I went to 6 different markets today looking for s'mores toaster strudels...I am definitely below average.

suprefan
02-20-2008, 10:38 PM
So the APW headliners are Jack Johnson, Radiohead and Radiohead? I know Urb is a reliable source, due to thier ties with GV, but still? Even if this is true... would they play 2 completely different sets each night? I dunno, I still have a hard time believing this.

They have not played the same set in a looooooooooooooong time. why dont you see the variation they do on their past tours? Want to see what I got 2 nights in Berkeley in 2006? You tell me this isnt changing s**t up.

night 1 berkeley

01 You And Whose Army
02 The National Anthem
03 15 Step
04 Morning Bell
05 Exit Music
06 Arpeggi
07 Videotape
08 I Might Be Wrong
09 Street Spirit
10 Nude
11 Down Is The New Up
12 Pyramid Song
13 Like Spinning Plates
14 Bangers 'N Mash
15 A Wolf at The Door
16 Spooks
17 Idioteque

Encore 1
18 There There
19 4 Minute Warning
20 Bones
21 Lucky

Encore 2
22 House of Cards
23 Everything In Its Right Place

night 2 berkeley

01 Airbag
02 2+2=5
03 Where I End And You Begin
04 15 Step
05 Kid A
06 Dollars And Cents
07 Down Is The New Up
08 Nude
09 Paranoid Android
10 No Surprises
11 The Gloaming
12 All I Need
13 Climbing Up The Walls
14 Go Slowly
15 Myxomatosis
16 Bangers 'N Mash
17 How To Disappear Completely

Encore 1
18 Fake Plastic Trees
19 Arpeggi
20 Black Star
21 True Love Waits (Thom only on Rhodes, intro to EIIRP)
22 Everything In Its Right Place

Encore 2
23 Bodysnatchers
24 The Tourist

wmgaretjax
02-20-2008, 10:39 PM

do you think two nights of radiohead won't sell out near NYC? It'll sell out. It's kind of strange for a festival. But it will sell out the first day.

kreutz2112
02-20-2008, 10:40 PM
I went to 6 different markets today looking for s'mores toaster strudels...I am definitely below average.

did they have them?

kreutz2112
02-20-2008, 10:41 PM
There are very few bans who mix up their setlists as much as Radiohead does night to night. The other band I can think of that does it as well as Radiohead is Pearl Jam.

suprefan
02-20-2008, 10:41 PM
Oh weird, night 1 berkeley is in the wrong order, Im fixing this, I know that order is wrong.

hypervera
02-20-2008, 10:42 PM
yeah radiohead two consecutive nights, thats not senseless, that means two sold out days and two sold out days means more money to gv, its an intelligent move

rage patton
02-20-2008, 10:43 PM
Yeah I have seen Radiohead setlists and I know they mix it up. That is why I want to see them twice. But not everyone thinks like that. I dunno, thats just my opinion.
I swear, if this is true and if they have one night as "Radiohead playing OK Computer" then I will be at APW.
And damn, that night 2 in Berkley setlist kicks ass.

kreutz2112
02-20-2008, 10:44 PM
supre is there a definitive site for RH setlists?

ThomThom
02-20-2008, 10:44 PM
did they have them?

Nope, I was finally advised by one of the store managers that the s'mores flavor was discontinued and replaced by a cinnamon roll with CINNABON version. I decided to go with the OG strawberry flavor. Toaster strudels are serious business man. Do you think URB will print anything about toaster strudels on their next issue?

kreutz2112
02-20-2008, 10:46 PM
I think toaster strudels will sponser APW. I would support that. That's bullshit about the smore toaster strudels. Strawberry is good though.

ThomThom
02-20-2008, 10:51 PM
I think toaster strudels will sponser APW. I would support that. That's bullshit about the smore toaster strudels. Strawberry is good though.

I hope Pillsbury sponsors APW. Pigs in a croissant, toaster strudels, and buttermilk biscuits with Radiohead is "EPIC", hopefully they can even serve squeeze its too. On a side note Kreutz, I did see a French Toast toaster strudel flavor. That could be next on my list.

suprefan
02-20-2008, 10:55 PM
Yeah I have seen Radiohead setlists and I know they mix it up. That is why I want to see them twice. But not everyone thinks like that. I dunno, thats just my opinion.
I swear, if this is true and if they have one night as "Radiohead playing OK Computer" then I will be at APW.
And damn, that night 2 in Berkley setlist kicks ass.

Yep, berkeley night 2 was the best night of the entire tour hnads down. they wont do something like Ok computer straight through.

supre is there a definitive site for RH setlists?

www.greenplastic.com/gigography

http://www.58hours.com/index.php?

ThomThom
02-20-2008, 10:56 PM
I'm going to pass on APW because I have to get my hair, make up, and wardrobe ready for Warped Tour.

rage patton
02-20-2008, 10:56 PM
Lame. I want to hear OK Computer in order from start to finish.

suprefan
02-20-2008, 10:58 PM
I'm going to pass on APW because I have to get my hair, make up, and wardrobe ready for Warped Tour.

What dude, gotta look fresh for the kids right?

Lame. I want to hear OK Computer in order from start to finish.

I dont know why you would get an idea like that. They are not going to do something like that, thats not them. They will bust out some random song probably, but that will be it. Its a bit more lame to think they woudl do somethign like that now, instead of say 10 years ago.

noisemachine
02-20-2008, 10:59 PM
Yep, berkeley night 2 was the best night of the entire tour hnads down. they wont do something like Ok computer straight through.

That was an amazing show. Glad I got that night out of the two Berkeley shows. Definitely one of my all time favorite shows. Starting with Airbag and ending with the Tourist was fucking brilliant.

suprefan
02-20-2008, 11:01 PM
Yeah it was, I felt really happy after because I had gotten my friend a ticket to this show for his birthday and one of his favorite songs is Airbag. And his g/f/ was freakign cause she wanted to hear Fake Plastic Trees and they do that too. Then the True Love Waits part just floored him. His g/f told me my present was better than hers and to not do soemthing like that again, I told her I wouldnt, hahaa.

ThomThom
02-20-2008, 11:02 PM
What dude, gotta look fresh for the kids right?

Can I borrow your studded belt and checkered vans?

BlackSwan
02-20-2008, 11:02 PM
this + mind = blown.

you better pull it together for APW now Goldenvoice, it's gonna be madness and i am so there

Senor Cardgage
02-20-2008, 11:04 PM
Thanks for rewarding our loyalty.
All of us who are straight up evangelical for this festival.
Who convince our friends to come.
Who drop mad coin every year to come.
Eat shit Tollett.

And to think that I defended this years lineup a few weeks ago.

Everyone was right.

Fuck you guys, GV!

ThomThom
02-20-2008, 11:06 PM
Yeah it was, I felt really happy after because I had gotten my friend a ticket to this show for his birthday and one of his favorite songs is Airbag. And his g/f/ was freakign cause she wanted to hear Fake Plastic Trees and they do that too. Then the True Love Waits part just floored him. His g/f told me my present was better than hers and to not do soemthing like that again, I told her I wouldnt, hahaa.

That's like so heartwarming Chris...sniff

suprefan
Can I borrow your studded belt and checkered vans?

The belt sure, the vans, well, I never got around to getting those.

yet

ThomThom
The belt sure, the vans, well, I never got around to getting those.

yet

Eeeeew, better get them before warped tour

suprefan
02-20-2008, 11:07 PM
That's like so heartwarming Chris...sniff

Yeah yeah, see? I have a soul

Oh and, I ll let you borrow one of my t shirts thats like 2 sizes too small for you. cool?

hypervera
02-20-2008, 11:08 PM
Thanks for rewarding our loyalty.
All of us who are straight up evangelical for this festival.
Who convince our friends to come.
Who drop mad coin every year to come.
Eat shit Tollett.

And to think that I defended this years lineup a few weeks ago.

Everyone was right.

Fuck you guys, GV!

and wait for the rest of the lineup, more people will get angry

ThomThom
02-20-2008, 11:09 PM

And why is that?

suprefan
02-20-2008, 11:09 PM

Yeah, what do you got that we dont know?

noisemachine
02-20-2008, 11:10 PM

My Bloody Valentine?

hypervera
02-20-2008, 11:12 PM
Yeah, what do you got that we dont know?

i dont have any information but i bet that i would like more the apw lineup than this coachella 08

suprefan
02-20-2008, 11:12 PM
They cant do it, check tour dates

hypervera
02-20-2008, 11:13 PM
My Bloody Valentine?

yeah, why not?! gv loves more apw than coachella :rolleyes

rage patton
02-20-2008, 11:14 PM
I dont know why you would get an idea like that. They are not going to do something like that, thats not them. They will bust out some random song probably, but that will be it. Its a bit more lame to think they woudl do somethign like that now, instead of say 10 years ago.

Ummm... because OK Computer is amazing? As I was saying though, unless Radiohead play 2 completely different sets each night, and this fact is made known right away, then this is kind of a dumb idea.

noisemachine
02-20-2008, 11:16 PM
They cant do it, check tour dates

I know they're doing Oslo on the 8th, are there more I'm missing? Couldn't they potentially be there on the 10th? I know its tight but its not impossible right?

ThomThom
02-20-2008, 11:16 PM
Ummm... because OK Computer is amazing? As I was saying though, unless Radiohead play 2 completely different sets each night, and this fact is made known right away, then this is kind of a dumb idea.

rage,

Tell me what you want out of life

suprefan
02-20-2008, 11:17 PM

What did I say? THEY HAVE NOT PLAYED THE SAME SET IN LIKE 500 SHOWS. You dont get it? Its goign to be different, seriously. What garauntee is there as it is? They can do what they want, if they want to play the same songs each night, they will. Chances are they wont, get around this and yeah you understand them a little better than you think you do.

kreutz2112
didnt they play in rainbows all the way through?

suprefan
didnt they play in rainbows all the way through?

Yeah, cause they just wanted to, so thats their thing, can we say that they will do it agian? No, can we say that they will do Ok computer straight through? no, but odds are they would never do something like that.

ThomThom
02-20-2008, 11:20 PM
It ws a secret gig to promote the release of In Rainbows.

gmoneyak
02-20-2008, 11:21 PM
fuck radiohead anyway. Maybe there wont be any suicides at Coachella this year...

Heheheh..

What's the fuckin' big deal.

Radiohead is just one headliner for a festival who's lineup hasn't even been announced yet. If they are truly headlining 2 nights, then that means there are only going to be 2 worthy headliner-type bands. I wonder if the rest of the lineup will be as deep as Coachella's 'cause of this.. I doubt it.

That being said.. 2 nights of Radiohead will be awesome, those NY/NJ crowds are going to be massive.

zikade
02-20-2008, 11:21 PM
Absolute bullshit. APW can suck a dick.

suprefan
02-20-2008, 11:26 PM
josh, to put your whole logic to rest on this. Check this out. I knew this was around, just took a lil time to search.

http://nymag.com/arts/all/process/17306/

Radiohead, currently on a nineteen-date tour of the U.S. and Canada, has played over 800 shows without repeating a set. “One of the worst things in music is when bands play the same set every night,” says Ed O’Brien, who plays guitar and sings backup vocals for the group. “We did about three and a half weeks on the road with Alanis Morissette just before we went to the studio for OK Computer—she played the same set every single night, and they’d been touring for like fifteen months. Her musicians literally went mad.”

Along with front man Thom Yorke and drummer Phil Selway, O’Brien puts together set lists after lunch on the day of each show. “For this tour, we have about fifteen new songs, and before the tour, we went through a list of about 100 old ones, then whittled it down and rehearsed 45 songs, and we draw from those.” We asked O’Brien to go through the list after last Tuesday’s show at the Theater at Madison Square Garden.

rage patton
02-20-2008, 11:29 PM
So with a 50 songs under thier belts and ready to play, they will probably play 2 completely different sets. I get it.
However, all I am saying is that average person will likely NOT get it and wonder why Radiohead are headlining two nights.

noisemachine
02-20-2008, 11:30 PM
I think the average person would be glad to see them two nights in a row, even if they did play the exact same set. I know I would.

suprefan
02-20-2008, 11:32 PM
I think the average music fan now will get it. I think they will like the idea, and whatever the undercard is, it will attract. Again, you doubt the audience, and this is New York with about 15 million people surrounding Liberty State Park. they wont need many out of state travelers with so many people right there on the doorstep.

kreutz2112
I know this is a radiohead thread but...Pearl Jam played three nights at the tweeter center in boston. They played 95 songs total and 94 of them were different.

rage patton
What is the capacity of the venue?

suprefan
02-20-2008, 11:34 PM
They are ''estimating'' 35 - 40k a day. A max capacity has not been stated by anyone. Its a pretty big site, I think Radiohead had like 20k or soemthign when they played their in 2001 on their own headlining tour, both nights sold out of course. Maybe they cap it at 50? Who knows.

ThomThom
02-20-2008, 11:34 PM
I know this is a radiohead thread but...Pearl Jam played three nights at the tweeter center in boston. They played 95 songs total and 94 of them were different.

Holy fuck...

noisemachine
02-20-2008, 11:36 PM
Thats insane. Just out of curiosity, what was the repeat? It seems odd that they would repeat just one, instead of making them all different.

suprefan
02-20-2008, 11:36 PM
Jeremy? j/k

noisemachine
02-20-2008, 11:37 PM
I wish Corgan had taken a cue from them during his Fillmore residency.

kreutz2112
02-20-2008, 11:38 PM
Yellow Ledbetter was the repeat. I would estimate they close about 80% of their shows with that song. They closed the second and third nights with it.

phonics80
02-20-2008, 11:39 PM
What is the capacity of the venue?

PT said a was quite a bit smaller than the polo fields on that radio broadcast. I think he said half the capacity. Rolling Stone said Coachella had a 180K capacity. So maybe 90K?

suprefan
02-20-2008, 11:42 PM
I think it will be over 100k total for the 3 days, 150 at the most if they wanna play it ''safe''

I had no complaints when I saw them last year. I got a 3 hour set, it wouldve been 3 1/2 but Gossamer and another song got cut.

kreutz2112
02-20-2008, 11:43 PM
It seems odd that they would repeat just one, instead of making them all different.

Yellow ledbetter is a very special song in the sense that they almost always close with it and it has indiscernible lyrics. On the bootleg of the third night Eddie says good night and starts walking off the stage, but then Mike starts playing the opening riff really slow and eddie just laughs and walks back on stage.

ThomThom
02-20-2008, 11:43 PM
The third headliner will be Amy Winehouse, Paul Tollett will advise the media at a press conference in England that she is long overdue to headline a major festival, she is a grammy winning artist, and is certainly one of the greatest musicians alive, and besides...Kings of Leon are headlining Glastonbury!

bballarl
02-20-2008, 11:44 PM
Who.

The.

Fuck.

Cares.

Learn.

To.

Like.

New.

Bands.

bballarl
02-20-2008, 11:47 PM

Also, seriously.

noisemachine
02-20-2008, 11:48 PM
I had no complaints when I saw them last year. I got a 3 hour set, it wouldve been 3 1/2 but Gossamer and another song got cut.

Yeah, I'm just talking in terms of mixing up the set, or at least playing songs that people actually wanted to hear. I sat through Gossamer and that awful version of Heavy Metal Machine 3 times along with several other mediocre songs. I just don't really get his choice of songs for that entire Fillmore run.

bballarl
02-20-2008, 11:50 PM
I don't think one person in the world besides Billy enjoys the 10 minute version of "Heavy Metal Machine". He doesn't want to rehash the past or something, but he neglects so many of his good songs in exchange for that shit. It is frustrating.

noisemachine
02-20-2008, 11:54 PM
The most frustrating thing was that after the SF shows he started playing some really good Mellon Collie era stuff like Where Boys Fear to Tread and Set the Ray to Jerry.

kreutz2112
02-20-2008, 11:55 PM
http://www.pitchforkmedia.com/article/news/48841-radiohead-to-play-all-points-west-festival---twice

summerkid
02-20-2008, 11:56 PM
this is fucking bullshit. FUCKING BULLSHIT.

comedeysal
02-20-2008, 11:56 PM
:( sigh

summerkid
02-20-2008, 11:57 PM
we get a mediocre lineup this year and not only does APW get the best band in the world, but they get them twice.

rage patton
So Pitchfork are confirming them playing the 8th and 9th? With... Jack Johnson headlining the 3rd day?

hypervera
:rotfl apw will rape coachella

summerkid
02-20-2008, 11:59 PM
i mean honestly if they gave us a really good lineup I wouldn't be complaining about this, but wow our biggest headliner is Roger Waters who if you really wanted to see you had every fucking chance to see him last year and will be doing the same exact thing he did every night for a whole year.

hypervera
02-21-2008, 12:00 AM
we get a mediocre lineup this year and not only does APW get the best band in the world, but they get them twice.

i said this before and everybody said coachella 08 is great and now :rotfl

phonics80
...And to think some of you doubted me.:)

ThomThom
rage,

nobody has confirmed jack johnson

hypervera
i mean honestly if they gave us a really good lineup I wouldn't be complaining about this, but wow our biggest headliner is Roger Waters who if you really wanted to see you had every fucking chance to see him last year and will be doing the same exact thing he did every night for a whole year.

yeah!

rage patton
02-21-2008, 12:01 AM

So if Radiohead replaced Roger Waters, would Coachella suddenly go from "medicore" to amazing?

victor831
02-21-2008, 12:02 AM
What a fucking load of crap, fucking bullshit...all we get is a shity lineup.

Bosco
Dylan, come to APW.

rage patton
rage,

nobody has confirmed jack johnson

I thought a bunch of sources, including New York times, confirmed Jack Johnson?

kreutz2112
obvious response: radiohead replace JJ

summerkid
02-21-2008, 12:03 AM
it would be better that's for sure.

kreutz2112
btw I am still so glad I get to attend Coachella this year. I am seriously soooo excited.

summerkid
Dylan, come to APW.

i fucking wish i had the money/i could get the time off work, but i wont be able to.

hypervera
02-21-2008, 12:04 AM
So if Radiohead replaced Roger Waters, would Coachella suddenly go from "medicore" to amazing?

yeah, not amazing but better easily!

Bosco
Lollapalooza is gonna counter this move by GV, by having Jack Johnson headline two nights of their festival.

BTW Kreutz, Good work.

gmoneyak
i said this before and everybody said coachella 08 is great and now :rotfl

How is Coachella's lineup any worse now, they've only announced 1 fucking band for APW so far..

hypervera
02-21-2008, 12:07 AM
How is Coachella's lineup any worse now, they've only announced 1 fucking band for APW so far..

since the day when the lineup were announced i said "this coachella is the weakest ever" and later i said "GV sent to hell coachella and they´ll get a fucking great lineup for apw"

and what band!!! the best of the world like summerkid said

rage patton
You are all rediculous.

Everyone has been begging for Portishead for YEARS. Then finally, Paul T delivers them to us... and what thanks does he get? None. All he gets is "Why the fuck aren't Radiohead and MBV there?!?!?!? COACHELLA SUX!"

If you are all that pissed off, don't attend Coachella. It will be better off without you.

summerkid
i don't think you guys realize how mediocre Roger Waters is live it really isn't that great. Its nice to look at because the visuals are amazing, but as far as the music goes....it leaves a lot to be desired.

ThomThom
02-21-2008, 12:08 AM
I thought a bunch of sources, including New York times, confirmed Jack Johnson?

Rumored, never confirmed.

ThomThom
02-21-2008, 12:08 AM
I hope APW gets Radiohead two nights and supports them with the warped tour line up. I also hope the third headliner is Dashboard Confessional.

summerkid
02-21-2008, 12:09 AM
You are all rediculous.

Everyone has been begging for Portishead for YEARS. Then finally, Paul T delivers them to us... and what thanks does he get? None. All he gets is "Why the fuck aren't Radiohead and MBV there?!?!?!? COACHELLA SUX!"

If you are all that pissed off, don't attend Coachella. It will be better off without you.

I'm not complaining about Portishead. Kraftwerk and Portishead are the only reasons I'm attending this year.

gmoneyak
02-21-2008, 12:09 AM
since the day when the lineup were announced i said "this coachella is the weakest ever" and later i said "GV sent to hell coachella and they´ll get a fucking great lineup for apw"

and what band!!! the best of the world like summerkid said

I forgot about those 1 band lineups, my bad. I think APW is going to be a great festival, but very top-heavy.

phonics80
02-21-2008, 12:10 AM
btw I am still so glad I get to attend Coachella this year. I am seriously soooo excited.

I seriously can't wait for Fatboy!

rage patton
02-21-2008, 12:11 AM
I'm not complaining about Portishead. Kraftwerk and Portishead are the only reasons I'm attending this year.

Why are you attending all 3 days then? Why not only attend Saturday?

ThomThom
02-21-2008, 12:11 AM
You are all rediculous.

I remember last year, all everybody was bitching about were the "recycled headliners" Bjork and RHCP and "why can't we just have Portishead, what the fuck!". Now that we get Portishead for what seems to be their only US show this year it turns into "why can't we get David Bowie handjobs, waaaa waaa waaa?"

hypervera
02-21-2008, 12:12 AM
I forgot about those 1 band lineups, my bad. I think APW is going to be a great festival, but very top-heavy.

wait for the rest of the lineup im so sure that they will have a better lineup and with radiohead is a good start

summerkid
Why are you attending all 3 days then? Why not only attend Saturday?

oh are single tickets available all of a sudden?

kreutz2112
Bowie handjobs and RH bukkake

Tylerdurden31
02-21-2008, 12:13 AM
Yeah outside NY, in another state, so NOT NY.

i really wish you'd stop speaking.

1. It's across the fucking river from manhattan.
2. It's in a STATE PARK...THERE WILL BE A CURFEW, most likely as early as lolla. Park hours are til 10PM...so let's say 11 LATEST
3. Shut the fuck up unless you know what you're saying.

bballarl
02-21-2008, 12:14 AM
The most frustrating thing was that after the SF shows he started playing some really good Mellon Collie era stuff like Where Boys Fear to Tread and Set the Ray to Jerry.

Yeah, no kidding. Lame.

ThomThom
Bowie handjobs and RH bukkake

APW 2009 or Coachella 2009?

guest-5666
PM Dawn has been confirmed...

rage patton
02-21-2008, 12:15 AM
I remember last year, all everybody was bitching about were the "recycled headliners" Bjork and RHCP and "why can't we just have Portishead, what the fuck!". Now that we get Portishead for what seems to be their only US show this year it turns into "why can't we get David Bowie handjobs, waaaa waaa waaa?"

EXACTLY! Thank you. Sure JJ was a questionable choice. But you are dead right about Portishead. And Roger Waters is balsy headliner choice. His solo tickets are far to expensive for me, so I love the fact I get to see him for cheaper and with a TON of other bands.
What if the APW isn't as great as everyone is anticipating? But at this point, I think everyone is going to praise it JUST because Radiohead are there. Fuck, I swear the subheadliners could be Angels and Airwaves, Linkin Park, Kelly Clarkson and Jack Johnson... and mostly everyone here would say APW is still better then Coachella.

kreutz2112
02-21-2008, 12:16 AM
APW 2009 or Coachella 2009?

APW of course.

Bosco
i really wish you'd stop speaking.

1. It's across the fucking river from manhattan.
2. It's in a STATE PARK...THERE WILL BE A CURFEW, most likely as early as lolla. Park hours are til 10PM...so let's say 11 LATEST
3. Shut the fuck up unless you know what you're saying.

hmm....damn, thats not what i wanted to hear, an early curfew would definitely put a damper on it.

rage patton
oh are single tickets available all of a sudden?

No, but you could have boughten them while they are on sale. And no one is stopping you from selling your Friday and Sunday passes.

bballarl
This thread is some of the most childish bullshit ever. You can see Radiohead in a city near you. So they are playing two nights at a festival. Who cares? Nothing was compromised at Coachella by this decision. Don't be so butthurt. They will play Coachella again sometimes. Jesus tapdancing Christ.

summerkid
02-21-2008, 12:17 AM
i saw roger waters for 17 bucks...just saying.

ThomThom
02-21-2008, 12:17 AM
PM Dawn has been confirmed...

http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/3830/pmdawnha6.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

FUCK YES!

rage patton
02-21-2008, 12:18 AM
This thread is some of the most childish bullshit ever. You can see Radiohead in a city near you. So they are playing two nights at a festival. Who cares? Nothing was compromised at Coachella by this decision. Don't be so butthurt. They will play Coachella again sometimes. Jesus tapdancing Christ.

My thoughts exactly. Unless you live in Arizona, everyone will have atleast one, most likely 2 Radiohead shows that aren't too far away.

kreutz2112
02-21-2008, 12:18 AM
Andrew there are only a couple of people (hyperva and summerkid) that are bashing coachella and are butt hurt. The rest of us, well me at least, dont care.

summerkid
02-21-2008, 12:19 AM
if you can get tickets that is...

Jakewc151
You are all rediculous.

Agreed.

Coachella will be great this year. If JJ wasn't on the bill you all wouldn't be crying about it. Coachella just didn't fall in Radioheads North American schedule. Quit the bitching and just buy tix for when Radiohead comes to your town. That's what I plan on doing.

ThomThom
My thoughts exactly. Unless you live in Arizona, everyone will have atleast one, most likely 2 Radiohead shows that aren't too far away.

UNLESS YOU LIVE IN ARIZONA AMYZZZZZZZ

bballarl
02-21-2008, 12:20 AM
Dylan, sell your passes to Friday and Sunday and use the extra money to buy a scalped ticket when you can't get one.

bballarl
Andrew there are only a couple of people (hyperva and summerkid) that are bashing coachella and are butt hurt. The rest of us, well me at least, dont care.

I realize this. They are what I am referring to.

kreutz2112

ummmm Utah.

Hey summerkid, serious question: are you crying right now?

ThomThom
02-21-2008, 12:21 AM
URB just posted another blog that PM Dawn will be performing a 45 minute rendition of "Set A drift on Memory Bliss" before Radiohead closes out the second night of APW.

gmoneyak
02-21-2008, 12:24 AM
Yessss!!!

bballarl
I hope Gunther plays APW.

rage patton
If any of you think APW is going to be an instant sell out because Radiohead are playing 2 sets... you are fucking funny. Let say attendance caps at 50,000. I say it won't sell out sooner then 2 weeks.

summerkid
02-21-2008, 12:25 AM
Dylan, sell your passes to Friday and Sunday and use the extra money to buy a scalped ticket when you can't get one.

I'm not going to the desert for one day, if i'm going out there I might as well go multiple days and there still is enough for me to see. It just doesn't compare to the previous two years I attended.

ThomThom
02-21-2008, 12:26 AM
I'm not going to the desert for one day, if i'm going out there I might as well go multiple days and there still is enough for me to see. It just doesn't compare to the previous two years I attended.

Maybe this time you will be able to touch the pig during the Roger Waters set

guest-5666
02-21-2008, 12:29 AM
dCgEr5D-Gwc&rel=1

Ardentbiscuit
02-21-2008, 12:32 AM
I doubt just because radiohead is playing 2 nights it will be be an instant sell out. With it being a 3 day festival probably the cheapest a 3 day pass will be is 249 plus service charges. Most people will balk at that...

What if the under cards suck??? What if Jack Johnson is headlining that other day and it's all jam bands that day? What if there are no single day tickets?? There are so many things we don't know about this festival just to automatically say it's so much better than Coachella.

I wish people put as much energy into improving America that they have put in the past weeks bashing John Johnson, complaining about the Coachella line up and praising APW before they know anything really detailed about it.

summerkid
02-21-2008, 12:35 AM
Maybe this time you will be able to touch the pig during the Roger Waters set

more than likely i won't be around for his set. I have no desire to see that show again and neither does the friend who went with me.

suprefan
02-21-2008, 12:37 AM
If any of you think APW is going to be an instant sell out because Radiohead are playing 2 sets... you are fucking funny. Let say attendance caps at 50,000. I say it won't sell out sooner then 2 weeks.

Again, dont underestimate the audience. They sold out half their tour dates for the may shows in under 24 hours.

alex97
02-21-2008, 12:39 AM
if that was true this board would make the internet explode.

yup this is very likely to happen.. imagine all the angry fans! everyone typing as one angry soul.. blablabla... :blah

everyone pitching in their two cents,, which would be more like the whole dollar lol

alex97
02-21-2008, 12:41 AM
Well, it's not just one headliner.. but yeah it's stupid to say APW lineup is better when they haven't released one.

no need to be a rocket scientist to know that APW is very likely to beat coachella's 08 lineup.. even when we don't have the lineup yet.. you just know..

JSam67
02-21-2008, 12:43 AM
I know I'm very late to this news, but wow. I'm going to have to find a way to Jersey in August, expenses/work be damned. I wonder who will headline the last night of the fest...Someone who wouldn't be overshadowed by consecutive nights of Radiohead to open the festival. Not a lot of artists qualify for that, imo.

rage patton
02-21-2008, 12:44 AM
Again, dont underestimate the audience. They sold out half their tour dates for the may shows in under 24 hours.

Still. If it took a Rage Against The Machine reunion just under 2 weeks to sell out Coachella completely, it will take Radiohead at least that long to sell out APW.

hypervera
02-21-2008, 12:45 AM
no need to be a rocket scientist to know that APW is very likely to beat coachella's 08 lineup.. even when we don't have the lineup yet.. you just know..

yeah :thu