PDA

View Full Version : The Phoenix Thread!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87

Green Panda
01-09-2009, 01:46 PM
180 pages of hens clucking at each other about how hot it is.

Mr. Dylanja
01-09-2009, 01:48 PM
"I'd rather be a live chicken than a dead duck."

-Dylanja's grandmother

TommyboyUNM
01-09-2009, 01:49 PM
180 pages of hens clucking at each other about how hot it is.

And trannies/rapings on Van Buren. Don't forget that.

faxman75
01-09-2009, 02:16 PM
If anyone is board tonight i've decided i'm getting drunk at Last Exit tonight. The world famous Truckers on Speed will be performing. It's loud fucking rock n' roll and some of the better that the local area has to offer. My friends in the band "pants" will be doing happy hour there as well so I will at least catch part of that too. Last Exit southwest corner of Priest and Sothern in the REI shopping center next to the school of massage therapy.

The place is gonna be shut down soon enough as well. I think less than a couple months to go. Anyway, just thought I would throw that out there if anyone wants to show up there.

Somewhat Damaged
01-09-2009, 02:34 PM
so my co-worker and i were in line at taco bell talking about coachella. my co-worker starts singing some song asking me who it is, and this old british guy in front of us tells him. apparently he goes to coachella, so we all stood around talking about coachella at the taco bell :)

So who was the artist your coworker was asking about? And jesus christ, do any of you people actually have to work at your jobs? Mark, what ever happened to the whole internet ban you had at your job? Or did they jettison you and I missed the announcement?

downingthief
01-09-2009, 02:37 PM
So who was the artist your coworker was asking about? And jesus christ, do any of you people actually have to work at your jobs? Mark, what ever happened to the whole internet ban you had at your job? Or did they jettison you and I missed the announcement?

Excellent usage of "jettison".

Mr. Dylanja
01-09-2009, 02:43 PM
If anyone is board

Faxy, don't feel ungreatful because I never get board.

faxman75
01-09-2009, 02:45 PM
Mark, what ever happened to the whole internet ban you had at your job? Or did they jettison you and I missed the announcement?

The computers crashed a few days later and they forgot to put the ban filter back on my computer. I win!

faxman75
01-09-2009, 02:46 PM

:nono

locachica73
01-09-2009, 02:48 PM

Oh no... not you too. ugh

Mr. Dylanja
01-09-2009, 02:50 PM
Just for Faxy, Loca, I always assume you're wasted so I let it slide :)

locachica73
01-09-2009, 02:53 PM
Yeah, I am throwing back some wild turkey as I type. You know us raging alkies, can't get through the day without knocking a few back. When I leave here I am gonna stop at circle k for some maddog 20/20 and a paper bag.

faxman75
01-09-2009, 02:54 PM
Good old Mad Dog 20/20......ever want to go on a roller coaster without going to an amusement park? Drink the bottle in 30 minutes.

locachica73
01-09-2009, 02:57 PM
Actually the first time I drank was with my older sister who use to liquor me up so I wouldn't tell mom what she was up to. They handed me the bottle and gave me the last drink of it, I was already kind of buzzed/drunk at the time so I tipped it back and drank it down. It was kiwi flavored and had little seeds in the bottom. I had just watched poltergeist 2 I think it was, where the guy drinks the tequila, the worm goes in his mouth and then comes alive.... That flashed in my head as soon as I felt those seeds hit my tongue and hurled all over the bedroom. My sister stopped getting me drunk after that lol.

Hopeless Semantic
01-09-2009, 03:53 PM
Anyone calling the Greater Phoenix area home should,ultimately, be wasted 24-7 ;)

locachica73
01-09-2009, 03:56 PM
Leave my desert alone man... them's are fightin words. ;)

Mr. Dylanja
01-09-2009, 04:41 PM
What's everybody doing tonight??

It's payday and I'm going the grocery store!!

WOOT WOOT!

allyjoy
01-09-2009, 04:57 PM
When I leave here I am gonna stop at circle k for some mad dog 20/20 and a paper bag.

thanks for the sig! :thu

Somewhat Damaged
01-09-2009, 10:30 PM
Excellent usage of "jettison".

Yes. Yes it was. :)

Mr. Dylanja
01-09-2009, 10:34 PM
Don't you work 24/7? Quit slacking!

locachica73
01-10-2009, 10:47 AM
thanks for the sig! :thu

LOL fabulous. :) You are very welcome.

gaypalmsprings
01-10-2009, 12:50 PM
LOL fabulous. :) You are very welcome.

Congrats on 4K , Loca !

locachica73
01-11-2009, 12:09 PM
holy shit, i didn't even notice, thanks. :)

Somewhat Damaged
01-12-2009, 11:21 AM
So where are people planning on watching the NFC title game next week? Jennifer was looking on the University of Phoenix Stadium website to see if there were any special requirements for tailgating. If all else fails, anybody feel like hosting a board meet-up or where might be a good place to catch the game?

westcoastpirate
01-12-2009, 02:45 PM
Didn't know where to post this, but because it's local decided to do it here.

Even azcentral is joining in on the Coachella lineup rumor fun (original article from OC Register):
http://www.azcentral.com/ent/music/articles/2009/01/12/20090112coachellarumors.html

Coachella rumors: Smiths, Blur
by Ben Wener - Jan. 12, 2009 09:41 AM
The Orange County Register
Rumors about the next Coachella festival always start right about the time the current Coachella ends. At that point, they primarily come in this form: "Dude, next year? Smiths reunion. It has to happen."

Never mind that they were once offered a reported $5 million to play the annual desert bash in Indio, Calif. - and they turned it down. Oh, and forget all of that stuff about how they don't ever speak to or even like each other anymore. And you remember that drummer Mike Joyce sued Morrissey and Johnny Marr in 96 ... and won ... right? (Of course, by 2005, Joyce was apparently broke again - and so desperate that he started selling rare Smiths recordings on eBay.)

By late summer/early fall, however, speculation about the impossible at Coachella really ramps up. (Like this: "No, seriously, I heard from the pot dealer of a friend of a cousin of a guy who used to work at Goldenvoice that Moz and Marr are talking. It's totally on!")

By Christmas, other ginormo names enter the mix, and we no-life Coachella watchers start attempting to map out three days of stars-plus-high-undercard-acts. ("The Killers ... maybe they're the Friday night headliner, like Jack Johnson last year. Either that, or they're on Sunday night with the Smiths or Bowie. I hear Saturday night is U2, or Pearl Jam, or Radiohead.")

Radiohead is always mentioned, by the way. To the point that I sometimes hope they never play Coachella again, just to make 04 even more special than it already is.

But, see, I'm kinda perverse about particular resurrections anyway.

Blur, one of the few bands I'd lay 3-1 odds on as a legitimate lineup contender this year ... now that's a reunion I welcome, as the firm of Albarn, Coxon, James & Rowntree hasn't been away so long that it has become mythologized. (Plus, I suspect there's still great work left in that lineup.) The Smiths and Talking Heads, on the other hand, I really don't want to ever reunite, for the same reason why I'm glad the Clash never did.

Would it blow my mind if either ever happened? Do I think their sets could be incredible? Of course. Yet with any reunion there's always a high chance of disappointment. And regardless, whether historic highlight (Pixies, 04) or lackluster letdown (for me, New Order, 05), a legacy will have been unsealed - in the cases of the Smiths and T.Heads, rather perfectly preserved legacies at that.

I have little doubt both bands still possess such rare chemistry that they would summon something amazing. But I'd still rather they stay broken up, and we all move on.

Anyway ... I was saying something about Coachella lineup speculation ... for the point of this ramble is that now is when it starts to really get heated up.

Now, when we're probably 2-3 weeks away (at the very most) from an announcement, now is when Coachella fanatics the Web-world over hone their powers of deduction and elimination and really start zeroing on who will be there ... and who won't (for instance, the freakin' Smiths! Let it GO, people!).

Nerd though I am, I nonetheless do not keep a running, written list of names - like this logic-driven one, a roundup I'm sure is as in-the-know as any you can find, yet which I still figure is only 75-80 percent on the money.

That blogger's educated guesses certainly include a few head-scratchers, doncha think?

-The Black Keys even though Dan Auerbach has a solo album and tour happening?

-Primal Scream even though they're playing Club Nokia a month before the fest - a no-no to lineup mastermind Paul Tollett, who typically doesn't permit that sort of pre-fest play? (A week-of-event warmup gig - that's different, and happens every year.)

-Kings of Leon even though they just played last year? (How many back-to-back repeaters can you name?)

-Ditto Animal Collective, which seems wrong on both counts - show this month plus they just played.

-And ... Hall and Oates?!? Huh? Neil Young seems a stretch right now, too.

I bet big on one thing every year, and for the moment my money is still on U2.

The Killers, Franz Ferdinand, Fleet Foxes, TV on the Radio, the Hold Steady, Hercules and Love Affair - those all seem like no-brainers. I almost feel that strongly about the inclusion of Jenny Lewis, Kimya Dawson, the Knux, Built to Spill, the original Specials. I'd like to say there's still a chance for a My Bloody Valentine sighting, but I think a second set from Wilco would be more likely.

I'm as excited as anyone else about the return of No Doubt - but, please, not at Coachella, OK? My two cents: the coolest thing they could do is to get back to their roots and play the Verizon parking lot headlining Bamboozle Left.

Beck and Depeche Mode - everyone but everyone keeps mentioning these two, but I'm still not so convinced.

Beck would be great, and he hasn't headlined since Coachella was born. (How better to celebrate the 10th anniversary, eh?) That said, he played a LOT locally last year.

Depeche has a new album coming, yeah, so a Coachella appearance makes sense ... in the most obvious, commercially motivated way possible, which is precisely why I think Tollett will avoid having them. Three years between performances is likely to strike him as too soon. Red Hot Chili Peppers at least waited four before they came back.

Of the other reunion rumors I've heard, only Pavement and the Replacements seem plausible to me. Pearl Jam and R.E.M. will always come in high on the speculation meter, simply because they've never played Coachella.

And then there's Bowie.

Here's the thing: The guy never does anything without a compelling reason. He only seems to tour anymore when he has something new, and by now we'd be hearing what that might be. And much as he's filled his shows this decade with plenty of classics and lesser-known gems, he's also not the sort of artist to indulge one-off nostalgia just because.

Now ... maybe if it were billed as Bowie doing "Ziggy Stardust" in its entirety, or a set devoted to that and other Ziggy-era staples, or maybe a set built out of Bowie/Eno collaborations ... he's done Low in full before, so something like that isn't out of the question. Performing complete albums is in vogue now; even Coachella dipped into it with Roger Waters' "Dark Side" set last year.

Then again ... performing complete albums is in vogue now ... and Bowie tends not to do whatever's in vogue. Keep dreaming, starkids.

faxman75
01-12-2009, 02:52 PM
That was a good read actually. Most blogs, blurbs and articles about Coachella annoy me or are filled with nonsense. This just takes a good look at the logic behind the obsessive anticipation and the writer is a nut just like the rest of us.

chairmenmeow47
01-12-2009, 02:54 PM
good read? i couldn't read without getting angry at the thought that someone was PAID to write that crap, lol.

amyzzz
01-12-2009, 03:00 PM
Marco posted that somewhere in rhe Rumors forum. :)

westcoastpirate
01-12-2009, 03:08 PM
Marco posted that somewhere in rhe Rumors forum. :)
My bad

SFChrissy
01-12-2009, 03:10 PM
how hot is it over there cause it's like summer here in SF!!!

faxman75
01-12-2009, 03:14 PM
74 degrees. Looks lilke we are getting 70's all week. Perfect for January!

locachica73
01-12-2009, 03:14 PM
how hot is it over there cause it's like summer here in SF!!!

We are looking at about 70 degrees. Nice day, sun is shining. Although having lived here 10 years I am cold and wearing a sweater at 70 degrees.

chairmenmeow47
01-12-2009, 03:17 PM
we've all been talking about how awesome it is outside at work today. i cannot wait to get home and walk!!!

downingthief
01-12-2009, 03:22 PM
Don't like the brown cloud forming, though. :(

faxman75
01-12-2009, 03:41 PM
brown? dust? I love any and all storms we get. I prefer rain but coming from Chicago, any and all weather is a treat here. I would take 70's and rain all week long and consider that wonderful.

downingthief
01-12-2009, 03:43 PM
No, meant the brown pollution cloud forming. Driving back from lunch, I got a good view of it over the downtown PHX skyline.

faxman75
01-12-2009, 03:49 PM
Yeah that pollution is quite the eyesore.

westcoastpirate
01-12-2009, 04:15 PM
Don't want to sound like a jerk, but maybe you could eat lunch somewhere within walking distance so you don't add to the brown cloud?

chairmenmeow47
01-12-2009, 04:31 PM
Don't want to sound like a jerk, but maybe you could eat lunch somewhere within walking distance so you don't add to the brown cloud?

i've actually started doing this a LOT more. but i mainly do it so i don't add to the brown cloud that is my thighs.

amyzzz
01-12-2009, 04:41 PM
oh sick burn!

BROKENDOLL
01-12-2009, 04:46 PM
i've actually started doing this a LOT more. but i mainly do it so i don't add to the brown cloud that is my thighs. Pssst, Ivy, trim that shit! (Kidding! God, that just like blurted out!):sorry

Mr. Dylanja
01-13-2009, 07:01 AM
So my school is planning a silent disco, and we are looking for two djs to play something other than the typical high school dance crap. Does anyone have any suggestions of good local non-hip hop djs? (Whether trance, dnB, house, breakbeat, etc... anything you want to fly under the EDM flag)

HEADSTRUCK and Donaldj

Hit em up!

chairmenmeow47
01-13-2009, 09:02 AM
So my school is planning a silent disco, and we are looking for two djs to play something other than the typical high school dance crap. Does anyone have any suggestions of good local non-hip hop djs? (Whether trance, dnB, house, breakbeat, etc... anything you want to fly under the EDM flag)

Also, in my Stuco class as a joke I suggested flying Adam Freeland in, and no one knew who he was. Disappointing.

is it a paying gig? i know lots of djs, but my friends will only play if it's a paying gig.

and disappointing about freeland.

MeowMixer
01-13-2009, 09:04 AM
kids these days....

downingthief
01-13-2009, 09:43 AM
Ann Coulter is the Devil

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/28638496/

downingthief
01-13-2009, 09:44 AM

I would, but Wendy's sucks.

faxman75
01-13-2009, 09:46 AM
Word. As long as people keep interviewing her and giving her airtime, she will continue to spew her garbage. I've known her for at least 10 years. I blame Bill Maher mostly, and I like him. It's unfortunate.

chairmenmeow47
01-13-2009, 09:51 AM
“I think you did,” Coulter snapped. “You spat out the words, like I wasn’t sitting here.”

so she doesn't like it when people use her own tricks against her?

i loved when she was late for the adam carolla show, so he hung up on her. that was awesome.

downingthief
01-13-2009, 09:53 AM
Whoopie called her out on the clip. That was great to see.

faxman75
01-13-2009, 09:57 AM
so she doesn't like it when people use her own tricks against her?

i loved when she was late for the adam carolla show, so he hung up on her. that was awesome.

Yep, Adam got lots of great press for that and it was a great clip.

faxman75
01-13-2009, 09:57 AM
B4hacmvSPaI

chairmenmeow47
01-13-2009, 03:36 PM
ok, pm me if you need them and tell me what genre :)

marooko
01-13-2009, 09:22 PM
do you guys know xray?

allyjoy
01-14-2009, 12:50 PM
there are quite a few sun devils in my class... I don't know how to feel.

downingthief
01-14-2009, 12:56 PM
You should feel blessed.

Mr. Dylanja
01-14-2009, 12:57 PM

Throw up the pitchfork!

downingthief
01-14-2009, 01:00 PM
http://campus.asu.edu/files/2003_Basketball_Fans_Pitchfork.JPG

Mr. Dylanja
01-14-2009, 02:53 PM
You see that AJ? It's like peace with a pinky.

Mr. Dylanja
01-15-2009, 09:43 AM
I was on the elevator with Ma$e this morning. For those unfamiliar he was Puff Daddy's sidekick back in the 90's. Apparently he's a preacher now and runs a church out of Carl Hayden high school. He was on his way to an interview with 101 JAMZ radio station, a co-worker told me he did a tear jerking prayer for some girl on the air.

For all you Phoenicians who've lost your path, I'm praying for you...

Hopeless Semantic
01-15-2009, 09:46 AM

You should check the validity of the school's accreditation...;)

TommyboyUNM
01-21-2009, 09:41 PM
Alright I'm dusting this thread off. Do any of you Phoenix Coachellas have any interest in going to the Arizona State/Washington men's basketball game on Saturday, January 31st? Of course I'm traveling there for the big party that night, but I thought I'd take in some college basketball too. The game is at 3:30 and I'm gonna buy tickets in the next couple of days.

allyjoy
01-21-2009, 10:09 PM
You should check the validity of the school's accreditation...;)

I didn't see this until now... but, yeah, I already double checked when I saw kids throw up the pitchfork or as it's known by it's proper name, the SHOCKER.

Mr. Dylanja
01-21-2009, 10:16 PM
or as it's known by it's proper name, the SHOCKER.

:lool:lool:lool

M Sparks
01-22-2009, 05:42 AM
Something for the old timers...MTV News package on Lollapalooza '91 at Compton's Terrace.

5Yh1efEOw1o

amyzzz
01-22-2009, 07:05 AM
I was there! I will listen to the youtube later.

Mr. Dylanja
01-22-2009, 10:21 AM
Marky Mark and the Faxy bunch, Caturday April 4th, CALEXICO in the PHX!

That's my lil bro's bday but if he's not in town I'll be there!

Also, my meeting is over :D

TommyboyUNM
01-22-2009, 10:59 AM

That's my lil bro's bday but if he's not in town I'll be there!

Also, my meeting is over :D

I may drive to Phoenix for Calexico. This is good news.

TomAz
01-22-2009, 11:06 AM

where are they playing?

also this is not on the calexico website yet..

Mr. Dylanja
01-22-2009, 11:11 AM
From the New Times:

Calexico with Sergio Mendoza y La Orkesta & Salvador Duran
Saturday, April 4th, 8pm $20
Historic Heritage Square
115 N. 6th St. Phoenix
602-262-5029

Pixiessp
01-22-2009, 11:13 AM
Something for the old timers...MTV News package on Lollapalooza '91 at Compton's Terrace.

5Yh1efEOw1o

I miss Dave Kendall and the old 120 minutes. :(

faxman75
01-22-2009, 11:29 AM
From the New Times:

Calexico with Sergio Mendoza y La Orkesta & Salvador Duran
Saturday, April 4th, 8pm $20
Historic Heritage Square
115 N. 6th St. Phoenix
602-262-5029

WIN! I will go bump the Calexico thread.

westcoastpirate
01-22-2009, 12:13 PM
Mr. Dylanja sparked my interest so I looked up some upcoming shows, and the New Times says the Rapture is playing the Rogue on Saturday Feb 21st. I think this may just be a dj set though. I'll have to find out more info.

amyzzz
01-22-2009, 12:28 PM
whoa. I need to get a New Times.

locachica73
01-22-2009, 12:31 PM
My sister and I will probably be up for the Calexico show if she is actually in town that weekend.

faxman75
01-22-2009, 12:33 PM
Cool, I know my roommate and another friend will most likely be there as well.

westcoastpirate
01-22-2009, 12:38 PM
My friends own the Rose and Crown at Heritage Square, maybe I'll have to venture down there that weekend.

I wonder where they're setting up the band?

sin213
01-22-2009, 12:44 PM
i may check them out at that show too...phx meetup somewhere prior to calexico then take the light rail (cause you know we'll have a few beers ;) ) from where we meet to heritage square for the show?

locachica73
01-22-2009, 12:45 PM
Sounds like a plan to me. I haven't been on the light rail yet, although I drive by it everyday.

faxman75
01-22-2009, 12:59 PM
I'm down for whatever. :)

sin213
01-22-2009, 01:23 PM
does the light rail go anywhere near heritage square? i'm not sure what the crossroads of heritage square is...or where light rail stops are at, for that matter.

westcoastpirate
01-22-2009, 01:27 PM
If you're coming from the east, lightrail stops at 5th and Washington, next to the Convention Center, just west of Heritage Share.

If you're coming from the west, lightrail stops in front of Chase Field, just south of Heritage Square.

locachica73
01-22-2009, 01:28 PM
Heritage Square is at 6th street and Monroe, light rail runs along Washington so we are talking about a block south of the light rail.

fasttrack
01-22-2009, 01:32 PM
Mr. Dylanja sparked my interest so I looked up some upcoming shows, and the New Times says the Rapture is playing the Rogue on Saturday Feb 21st. I think this may just be a dj set though. I'll have to find out more info.

the rogue had live bands last weekend. i don't know how often they do that on saturday nights though. it's usually a dj.

westcoastpirate
01-22-2009, 01:38 PM
the rogue had live bands last weekend. i don't know how often they do that on saturday nights though. it's usually a dj.

Please go on the Rogue's myspace page and look, I canceled my account a while back so can't see anything beyond the front page.

The Rogue is tiny, that show would sell out in seconds. I'm pretty sure it will be a dj set though, since the Rapture just came out with that dj mix album. I'm still crossing my fingers it will be a set by the band though.

mountmccabe
01-22-2009, 02:29 PM
I am pretty excited about that Calexico show.

locachica73
01-22-2009, 02:30 PM
My sister will actually be in town that weekend for a change so it looks like we are in.

TomAz
01-22-2009, 02:31 PM
outdoors. I wonder if there will be beer.

Mr. Dylanja
01-22-2009, 02:39 PM
MUST.HAVE.BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEER.

faxman75
01-22-2009, 02:39 PM
Tuscon's Calexico is finally coming north. The band will play Heritage Square on Saturday, April 4, 2009.

Not since December 2006 at the Clubhouse Music Venue in Tempe has Tucson's biggest indie act headlined a show in the Valley. Calexico will be supporting their 2008 album, Carried to Dust, arguably their best recording to date. Also on the bill is the 12 piece Latin jazz
ensemble Sergio Mendoza y La Orkesta and Tucson legend Salvador Duran.
Tickets are on sale this Thursday, January 22 at Zia Records, Stinkweeds,
Hoodlums, Pizzeria Bianco and www.ticketweb.com

and I found this that states the show is over before the last light rail departure.

CALEXICO
Sergio Mendoza y La Orkesta and Salvador Duran
8:00 (7:00 doors open)
Heritage Square (7th Street and Washington, Phoenix Az)
$20
21+ show -- Concert over before last Light Rail departure -- TICKETS ON SALE AT

sin213
01-22-2009, 02:53 PM
and I found this that states the show is over before the last light rail departure.

nice. now we need to find a decent bar within walking distance of the light rail that is cool to meet up at. i think i still have that old new times laying around my house listing each stop and bars within walking distance of each. i'll check that out and make suggestions...unless someone beats me to it.

fasttrack
01-22-2009, 03:17 PM
Please go on the Rogue's myspace page and look, I canceled my account a while back so can't see anything beyond the front page.

The Rogue is tiny, that show would sell out in seconds. I'm pretty sure it will be a dj set though, since the Rapture just came out with that dj mix album. I'm still crossing my fingers it will be a set by the band though.

there's no info yet about whether it's the band or a dj set. i know a few of the bartenders there. i'll ask them.

feather
01-22-2009, 03:19 PM
What will the weather be like when I come?

chairmenmeow47
01-22-2009, 03:20 PM
it has to be a rapture dj set. i believe they've had the guy before, along with the guy from the smiths, a guy from she wants revenge, etc. there is no fucking way the rapture is playing the rogue. they played the curiosa at desert sky in 2004 for crying out loud.

locachica73
01-22-2009, 03:21 PM
according to weather.com we will have highs in the upper 60's and lows in the low 40's and clear skies.

fasttrack
01-22-2009, 03:23 PM
you're probably right. everybody there hated it when the live bands were playing on saturday.

TommyboyUNM
01-22-2009, 03:33 PM
My sister will actually be in town that weekend for a change so it looks like we are in.

Wow that's a shock! I'm all in for Calexico in Phoenix. :) So a board meetup then take the lightrail to the show. Cool.

westcoastpirate
01-22-2009, 03:46 PM
it has to be a rapture dj set. i believe they've had the guy before, along with the guy from the smiths, a guy from she wants revenge, etc...
And I think some people from the Arcade Fire

faxman75
01-22-2009, 03:51 PM
Wow that's a shock! I'm all in for Calexico in Phoenix. :) So a board meetup then take the lightrail to the show. Cool.

It's about time you moved here man. lol. You take a lot of trips to phoenix. I told you it was fine to crash at my place for D$'s party right?

sin213
01-22-2009, 03:55 PM
totally. you and I both know there is absolutely nothing in albuquerque.

not that there is much here in phx....but there is all of us at least! :D

Mr. Dylanja
01-22-2009, 03:56 PM
Tommy is coming to Calexico?!?

Sorry guys, I don't think I'll be able to make it :nono

TommyboyUNM
01-22-2009, 05:02 PM
It's about time you moved here man. lol. You take a lot of trips to phoenix. I told you it was fine to crash at my place for D$'s party right?

Yeah I think I remember you saying it was alright. Thanks, faxy. I take back anything bad I've ever said about you!

TommyboyUNM
01-22-2009, 05:03 PM
Tommy is coming to Calexico?!?

Sorry guys, I don't think I'll be able to make it :nono

We'll be fine at Calexico just as long as there are no ladies you wanna hit on. They're all MINE.

faxman75
01-22-2009, 05:06 PM
Wait, you're into chicks? I thought you ditched that chick in Tucson to come be with me?

You tranny fucking whore.

sin213
01-22-2009, 05:08 PM
Wait, you're into chicks? I thought you ditched that chick in Tucson to come be with me?

LMFAO!!! :lool

Mr. Dylanja
01-22-2009, 05:10 PM
Never trust a tranny!!

TommyboyUNM
01-22-2009, 05:15 PM

You know you'll always be special to me Faxy!

Never trust a tranny!!

Does anyone wanna see Dylzzizzleezzzezzzlz and I throw down next weekend?

Mr. Dylanja
01-22-2009, 05:18 PM
You mean you get thrown out? You bandwagoner of a fan you!

sin213
01-22-2009, 05:21 PM
^ oh snap!

TommyboyUNM
01-22-2009, 05:29 PM
You mean you get thrown out? You bandwagoner of a fan you!

You know I've been a Cardinals fan my entire life. Don't give me that.

TommyboyUNM
01-22-2009, 05:31 PM

And I forgot to respond to the first part, but it's funny you should mention that. I actually applied for a few jobs out in Phoenix. I'm not sure if anything will come of it, but I'm looking to move out there. If any of you people know of anything just let me know. I'm gonna have an MBA in 2 months, so maybe something where I can use that? Though that's not even a huge priority right now.

sin213
01-22-2009, 05:32 PM
what line of work are you in tommy?

edit: i'm sure you told me at the casino, but i'm having a brain fart right now.

TommyboyUNM
01-22-2009, 05:33 PM
what line of work are you in tommy?

I work in advertising research right now, but I'm open to trying new things.

Mr. Dylanja
01-22-2009, 05:35 PM
Van Buren is ALWAYS looking for workers...

locachica73
01-22-2009, 05:37 PM
We are looking for a Marketing person right now. Not sure if thats your thing or not. It includes partying and golfing and oh yeah putting proposals together lol.

sin213
01-22-2009, 05:37 PM
lol...you're on FIRE dylan! hahahaha.

but don't work down there tommy, otherwise we'll have to drive by and throw pennies at you.

sin213
01-22-2009, 05:38 PM
We are looking for a Marketing person right now. Not sure if thats your thing or not. It includes partying and golfing and oh yeah putting proposals together lol.

ah!! you just made me remember!

he does market analysis for new company advertising!

right tommy?

TommyboyUNM
01-22-2009, 05:45 PM
Van Buren is ALWAYS looking for workers...

Surprisingly, Central Ave. here in Burque pays better than Van Buren.

I can put proposals together. I deal with marketing on a daily basis and worked in media for 8 years. That was a ton of marketing. Do you want my resume or something, LC?

ah!! you just made me remember!

he does market analysis for new company advertising!

right tommy?

That's correct. If you've ever seen solisitations from companies like eRewards or Greenfield, my company uses those company to recruit respondents for surveys that we create for our clients. Then the data comes back and I produce a report for the clients and provide analysis based on the data. Exciting.

faxman75
01-22-2009, 05:52 PM
Tommy once you get your mba can you let me borrow it if you don't use it?

sin213
01-22-2009, 05:52 PM
I can put proposals together. I deal with marketing on a daily basis and worked in media for 8 years. That was a ton of marketing. Do you want my resume or something, LC?

hells yeah! get this man a job, LC!

sin213
01-22-2009, 05:55 PM
Tommy once you get your mba can you let me borrow it if you don't use it?

oh yeah, congrats Tommy! 2 months to go...piece of cake at this point. ;)

speakin of which, I start my MIS program in 5 days...ugh...back to school.

TommyboyUNM
01-22-2009, 06:02 PM
oh yeah, congrats Tommy! 2 months to go...piece of cake at this point. ;)

speakin of which, I start my MIS program in 5 days...ugh...back to school.

Thanks man. It's gonna be a huge relief when I'm finished. Good luck with going back to school. You might hit the wall at some point, but fight through that shit and force yourself to do it. How long is the program?

sin213
01-22-2009, 06:04 PM
i'm gonna double up on a few courses, so i should be done by the end of the year. i'll save myself 18 weeks with the extra classes i'm taking.

TommyboyUNM
01-22-2009, 06:06 PM
i'm gonna double up on a few courses, so i should be done by the end of the year. i'll save myself 18 weeks with the extra classes i'm taking.

End of the year? Piece of cake, bud. Do you what you gotta do to get your work done and pass. When I went to Vegoose in 07 I took homework with me and did it at my hotel. Can you imagine? Fucking seeing Daft Punk then writing a paper. I kicked ass on it, though.

sin213
01-22-2009, 06:13 PM
yeah, that's rough. i need to figure out how i'm gonna make coachella work. it'll work though. i'd take a F that week to go to coachella, if i had to. lol. it won't be like that though.

locachica73
01-23-2009, 07:27 AM

If you have a resume put together you can send it to me if your interested. I do not know what the salary range is for that position but I know it keeps the two girls in the department in nice shoes and purses. I will forward your resume to our HR department. If they hire you I get a grand... hmmm coachella/beer money, BONUS!!!

TomAz
01-23-2009, 07:29 AM
hear that tommy? nice shoes and purses. You sure that's the job for you?

amyzzz
01-23-2009, 07:31 AM
He is a tranny after all.

locachica73
01-23-2009, 07:31 AM
To Feather/Ally/Ivy:

OK so I was out playing poker last night and ran into my favorite lesbian couple. I mentioned going to Cash Inn (gay/lesbian bar) on Friday when you guys are here. They said that Friday is all country music and then Saturday is hip hop/country. There is only so much country music I can take before wanting to slice my wrists. Would you guys be disapointed if we ended up going somewhere else instead? If you guys still want to go there I can borrow my sisters shit kickers and put on my happy face but I would rather shake my ass and country music doesnt allow for much ass shaking.

Let me know what you think and I will work on a different place.

M Sparks
01-23-2009, 07:49 AM
Cash Inn (gay/lesbian bar)...Saturday is hip hop/country.

That must be an interesting crowd.

TommyboyUNM
01-23-2009, 07:49 AM
If you have a resume put together you can send it to me if your interested. I do not know what the salary range is for that position but I know it keeps the two girls in the department in nice shoes and purses. I will forward your resume to our HR department. If they hire you I get a grand... hmmm coachella/beer money, BONUS!!!

LocaMota, you should PM me your email address. I might have somethin for you today. Also, what's your company's general attitude toward sexual harassment? ;)

hear that tommy? nice shoes and purses. You sure that's the job for you?

Well my purse IS cracking a little bit. But I don't think I need a new one. Well....maybe. Depending if I can find red heels that fit my skin tone.

locachica73
01-23-2009, 07:57 AM
LocaMota, you should PM me your email address. I might have somethin for you today. Also, what's your company's general attitude toward sexual harassment? ;)

That depends on who you plan on sexually harrassing. I will build you a spread sheet that will give you a list of who is less likely to sue you if that helps. :p

Although knowing the people at this company as well as I do, the women are usually worse then the men.

locachica73
01-23-2009, 08:14 AM
That must be an interesting crowd.

There is a country bar by my house that has $.25 you call its on Wednesday nights for the women. The DJ usually does 5-6 country two steppin songs and then a couple hip hop songs to please the crowd. They end up with a very wide range of people due to the cheap drinks and not having alot of dance bars on this side of town. You can't imagine how funny it is to see these cowboys in their 10 gallon hats and shit kicker boots on doing the swing/two step/line dancing with such flair and then when a hip hop song comes on they get this confused look on their face and try to count the beat and dance to it.

allyjoy
01-24-2009, 02:46 PM
Loca! what is this about a country music night? not cool. I vote for somewhere else.

chairmenmeow47
01-24-2009, 03:45 PM
i haven't read anything other than ally saying no to a country bar and i just felt the need to concur :p

TommyboyUNM
01-24-2009, 04:10 PM
Ivy I thought you fell off the face of the Earth. Good to see you haven't totally neglected your internet obligations.

chairmenmeow47
01-24-2009, 04:14 PM
ha ha ha, sorry, i've been attending to my real life obligations :p

which include seeing everyone next weekend!!! holla!!!!!!!!!!!

TommyboyUNM
01-24-2009, 04:16 PM
ha ha ha, sorry, i've been attending to my real life obligations :p

which include seeing everyone next weekend!!! holla!!!!!!!!!!!

What what!! It's gonna be some goodness. I might break out some Breakin 2: Electric Boogaloo shit. Four Peaks wasn't roomy enough.

locachica73
01-25-2009, 11:00 AM
OK well what would you girls/boys be in the mood for on Friday night then?

TommyboyUNM
01-25-2009, 11:01 AM

Lap dances.

locachica73
01-25-2009, 11:06 AM
Well we are planning on hitting a strip club after doing out own dancing, I am sure one of those lovely ladies will hook you up with a lap dance for a small fee. Although apparently you don't have to be at a strip club in order to get a lap dance if last night was any indication. In fact I damn near withnessed a live sex act at the bar last night.

TommyboyUNM
01-25-2009, 11:19 AM
Well we are planning on hitting a strip club after doing out own dancing, I am sure one of those lovely ladies will hook you up with a lap dance for a small fee. Although apparently you don't have to be at a strip club in order to get a lap dance if last night was any indication. In fact I damn near withnessed a live sex act at the bar last night.

I got a lap dance at the bar 2 weeks ago. It's not all that uncommon. Do tell about the live sex act.

SkipLaCombe
01-25-2009, 11:27 AM
. Do tell about the live sex act.

I'm hitting Tijuana after the show.

locachica73
01-25-2009, 11:31 AM
I got a lap dance at the bar 2 weeks ago. It's not all that uncommon. Do tell about the live sex act.

My bartender friend talked me into going to SandBar out in glendale (by where we started at the weekend you were here the first time). The place was fucking packed, me and Beth tried to dance but no room so we found a table and were hanging out people watching. There was a group of people at the bar across from us and and they were dancing in their group since they couldn't get on the dance floor. One guy was grinding up on the chick then she sat in the bar stool, wrapped her legs around him and he was humping her up against the bar. She was wearing a short mini dress so I am guessing it wasn't quite "dry humping".

Beth and I both agreed that if a dude ever did some shit like that to us in the middle of the bar we would punch him in the throat.

TommyboyUNM
01-25-2009, 11:32 AM
I'm hitting Tijuana after the show.

I've never met a prostitute named "Tijuana." Interesting.

feather
01-25-2009, 11:36 AM

I have been sober all week loca so I am down for ANYTHING!

5 more D-ays...excited. I'm packing the glow sticks tonight.

captncrzy
01-25-2009, 11:40 AM
http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/64/awhellnahobama-1.jpg

chairmenmeow47
01-25-2009, 11:50 AM
ok, the birthday dinner i'm going to is in downtempe at 8pm on friday, so i can meet everyone after 10 or so :)

and last night i went to the rave orgy since my roommate was playing & cik's b-day and all that. so my other roommate, 2 other girls and i decide to hit up a bar in the strip mall area by the chandler cinemas (where the rave was at). as we're walking up, i see cowboy hats & trucks in the parking lot. this is not a good sign. there's a country band playing and i ask everyone to assess how much they really want a drink.

we went, thankfully there was no cover. it was called "tom ryan's". heads fucking turned as we walked straight to the bar. two old country bitches sitting at the bar totally talk shit about us while we're there. this seemed to bother my friends, but i told them to imagine how it would be the other way around, lol.

two guys from across the bar come over. one of them is set on dancing with somebody, so of course the girls suggest me and i did the two step with him, though he wasn't good at leading so it was really awkward. i told him i wanted my beer and that we were only there to grab a drink before we had to get back somewhere. kristie then asks if he wants to go to a party. he says what kind and she shows her VIP badge that just says "orgy". it was pretty hilarious. the guy kept also telling us that he worked for millionaires and kept trying to get me to dance again, even after i said i had a boyfriend and that we had to leave.

the band actually wasn't bad and lots of people were dancing. it ended up being more fun than the rave with bathroom monitors and too much underwear. bill's/"omniphonix" trainspotting vs. human traffic mix and pac d were awesome of course, but other than that, the country bar was more fun, at least people knew how to dance there :p

locachica73
01-25-2009, 12:17 PM
I have been to Tom Ryan's quite a few times if your talking about the one in chandler. My girlfriend is a country music fan so we use to alternate between her bars and my bars. Once when we were there some guy got into a fight with another guy over a girl, cowboy hats were a'flyin. So the bouncers escorted them all out but left the trail of blood from the dance floor to the door. I am pretty sure one guys nose got broke. Anyway, people just kept walking over the blood. I was getting a little sick to my stomach over the bloody floor so I mentioned to a waitress that they might want to clean it up before someone slips in it. It took damn near 30 minutes for them to find a mop and clean up the blood. Good times. lol

chairmenmeow47
01-25-2009, 12:19 PM
ha ha ha ha ha ha, i can see that for sure.

chairmenmeow47
01-25-2009, 12:21 PM
yeah, they've had a few there. i know the cops have busted them up several times though, so not a big turnout. it was fun when they used to set-up the stages in the theatres, though, with only the front area to dance it made it difficult to dodge douchebags :p

Mr. Dylanja
01-25-2009, 01:04 PM
Mizz zzzizzz, did you do an botanical extracting this weekend?

locachica73
01-26-2009, 11:18 AM
So last night while in chat BW had asked me if I was having a SuperBowl party while everyone was here. I unfortunately do not have a very large TV so it wouldn't be the best place to have people over. I was kind of thinking about hitting my local little bar at 16th and Bell to watch the game. They are doing beer and food specials that day and it is usually a pretty fun crowd and all cardinals fans from what I gather. Whoever is still in town is welcome to join me there. I would love to have you all at my house, but I just don't have anything really to offer the sports enthusiasts. Sorry. :(

chairmenmeow47
01-26-2009, 11:41 AM
who's BW?! can we get a list of who all is coming into town?

locachica73
01-26-2009, 11:45 AM
Blackwater is BW. Here is what I know...

Ally, Blackwater, Feather, Headstruck, MikeyMatador... ok wait... maybe it was Mikey that asked me last night. I really need to lay off the meds.

locachica73
01-26-2009, 11:47 AM
ooops... and Tommyboy of course... :( Can't believe I forgot him.

amyzzz
01-26-2009, 11:51 AM
Mizz zzzizzz, did you do an botanical extracting this weekend?
No, we were gonna, but we didn't even make it to the Home Depot. I guess I shouldn't post about it beforehand. :)

Mr. Dylanja
01-26-2009, 11:55 AM
No worriez Ms. Greenthumb.

chairmenmeow47
01-26-2009, 11:59 AM
Blackwater is BW. Here is what I know...

Ally, Blackwater, Feather, Headstruck, MikeyMatador... ok wait... maybe it was Mikey that asked me last night. I really need to lay off the meds.

awesome, thank you :)

TomAz
01-26-2009, 12:54 PM
Jen I am trying to figure out your avatar.

http://www.coachella.com/forum/image.php?u=2689&dateline=1232978041

it looks like a cross between Passive Theory and Al Franken.

captncrzy
01-26-2009, 01:14 PM
I highly recommend renting seasons 1 and 2 of Extras. You'll get it after, Tom.

Are you havin a laugh? Is she havin a laugh?

faxman75
01-26-2009, 01:27 PM
Isn't it just backwater, not blackwater? His name is Tim.

Anyway, I think I am watching the superbowl at Half Moon though I know a friend is having a party and i'm not sure what everyone elses plans are either.

Where are all the cali people staying while they are in town? I know i'm lodging Tranny Tommy but what about the rest of them?

TommyboyUNM
01-26-2009, 01:39 PM
Isn't it just backwater, not blackwater? His name is Tim.

Anyway, I think I am watching the superbowl at Half Moon though I know a friend is having a party and i'm not sure what everyone elses plans are either.

Where are all the cali people staying while they are in town? I know i'm lodging Tranny Tommy but what about the rest of them?

Way to serve the joke up to Dylan on a platter. Lol.

locachica73
01-26-2009, 01:42 PM
I always got backwater and blackswans name confused so I screwed that up. Sorry.

I think everyone is staying over at D's. I will be heading home probably, I like passing out in the privacy of my bedroom where I can sleep with two feet planted firmly on the floor without stepping on anyone.

sin213
01-26-2009, 02:06 PM
I always got backwater and blackswans name confused so I screwed that up. Sorry.

I think everyone is staying over at D's. I will be heading home probably, I like passing out in the privacy of my bedroom where I can sleep with two feet planted firmly on the floor without stepping on anyone.

two feet on the floor to stop the spins, eh?

either that or do you sleep standing up?

locachica73
01-26-2009, 02:11 PM
To stop the spins of course. Plus, living a mile from D's house I figure I will leave the floor space to the out of towners. :)

locachica73
01-26-2009, 02:57 PM
So did anyone hear about the drunk driver that drove his truck into a condo on 31st Ave and Bethany Home Road? The guy first hit a bicyclist and then went through the bedroom, killing the family dog. I just found out it was one of my good friends sister's house. That is some scary shit. Luckily they were all ok, except the puppy. :(

PlayaDelWes
01-26-2009, 03:18 PM
Anyone going to FBR this weekend? I'm making the trek from LA. Going Saturday for sure, may be there on Friday.

Mr. Dylanja
01-26-2009, 03:19 PM
I'm hosting the Cali-Coachella Fam or I'd be there. Family comes first!

faxman75
01-26-2009, 03:20 PM
Golf? Srsly?

I'm gonna go ahead and say the only possibility is TomAZ. He's all corporate.

Mr. Dylanja
01-26-2009, 03:22 PM
Faxy, you would love it, it's 100,000 people getting shit faced, nothing more.

I was on the sixteenth green when Tiger hit his hole in one there!

PlayaDelWes
01-26-2009, 03:25 PM
I could have worked at FBR this year, just holding up the player signs. Easy money, don't know why I passed it up.

Totally understandable. Money is so overrated right now.

locachica73
01-26-2009, 03:25 PM
My company use to host a tent there every year. It is a big party/pick up joint. My ex friend met her soon to be husband at that place. Last year was the last time they did it though because it got to be way to expensive.

PlayaDelWes
01-26-2009, 03:27 PM
...because it got to be way to expensive.

GA Ticket: $25
Disposable chair from Longs: $8
Parking?
Beers?

Don't need a tent to have fun.

locachica73
01-26-2009, 03:29 PM
I wouldn't pay to go though, I had fun the few times I went but it was free for me. Free booze and food. Until we got to the birds nest, then it got spendy. but that was the best part I think.

Mr. Dylanja
01-26-2009, 03:29 PM
GA Ticket: $25
Disposable chair from Longs: $8
Parking: $25
Beers: $100 +
Watching Tiger hit a hole in one: PRICELESS!!

FIXED

TomAz
01-26-2009, 03:30 PM
Golf? Srsly?

I'm gonna go ahead and say the only possibility is TomAZ. He's all corporate.

I really dislike golf but D is right, FBR is nothing but a big party with some first rate talent. I mean, really high quality young talent. If you get my meaning.

Anyway I'm gonna be in Tampa this weekend.

faxman75
01-26-2009, 03:31 PM

:nono

However, I did make $1,500 off of them 2 years ago selling one of the caterers 200 lbs of party mix.

locachica73
01-26-2009, 03:32 PM
The last time I was there I don't even remember seeing any golfers. I do remember betting with my male coworkers on if the cigar girl was wearing panties though. I of course won the bet after I went up and drunkenly asked her.

Mr. Dylanja
01-26-2009, 03:33 PM
I really dislike golf but D is right, FBR is nothing but a big party with some first rate talent. I mean, really high quality young talent. If you get my meaning.

Anyway I'm gonna be in Tampa this weekend.

Tom, have you thought about taking some of that first rate talent to Tampa?

locachica73
01-26-2009, 03:34 PM
there will be plenty of talent flown in from all over the country, no need to import more.

faxman75
Sorry I had to stereotype Tom.

faxman75
there will be plenty of talent flown in from all over the country, no need to import more.

What do you mean?

locachica73
01-26-2009, 03:35 PM
I was under the impression we were discussing ummm girls looking for a bit of fun, for a small fee of course.

Mr. Dylanja
01-26-2009, 03:36 PM
Don't even bother explaining Loca, he's allergic remember?

locachica73
01-26-2009, 03:37 PM
And I apparently think too much like a dude at times. We all have our faults.

faxman75
01-26-2009, 03:37 PM
I think "import" threw me off maybe. No biggie lol.

chairmenmeow47
01-26-2009, 03:39 PM
no one goes to FBR for the golf!

BakForMore
01-26-2009, 04:05 PM
no one goes to FBR for the golf!

Hey, it's Malcolm and I'm been since 2006. I'm hoping Roni Size is on the line up that will confirm my attendance.

oh yeah....woo hoo PHOENIX

chairmenmeow47
01-26-2009, 04:20 PM
Hey, it's Malcolm and I'm been since 2006. I'm hoping Roni Size is on the line up that will confirm my attendance.

oh yeah....woo hoo PHOENIX

OMG HI!!! it's been forever since i've seen you, but i haven't been going out as much. hope to see you on the polo fields :)

Dr.Strangeluv
01-26-2009, 05:19 PM
is anyone here
not old..
like under 30..
i feel like a baby

gaypalmsprings
01-26-2009, 05:20 PM
does anyone in phoenix know the lineup?

BakForMore
01-26-2009, 05:22 PM
does anyone in phoenix know the lineup?

If I told you then I'd have to kill you ;)

happypappy420
01-26-2009, 05:36 PM
of course we know the lineup, but you will have to wait

faxman75
01-27-2009, 11:46 AM
The Sail Inn is reopening in Tempe!!

yay so Boarders is closing and The Sail Inn is opening. That's a small victory for the scene and this is a cool jam bandy music venue off Mill on Ash.

Grand Opening!!
Fri -- Jan 30th
5:30 Noodles
9:00 Xtra Ticket
11:30 Shawn Johnson & The Foundation

Sat -- Jan 31st
5pm - Mojo farmers
8pm - Late
9pm BLACK CARL
11:30 STEPCHILD

Sun - Feb 1st
2pm - Flathead
8pm - Joy World Entertainment Co.

downingthief
01-27-2009, 12:28 PM
Ahhh, the Sail Inn. Bounciest stage in Tempe. Many fond memories.

Forgot that I still have a video of my first band playing there. Will have to drag that out, for old time's sake.

chairmenmeow47
01-27-2009, 12:49 PM
does anyone know of a company that specializes in making custom wrist braces (or braces in general) besides TOCA?

i've done some minimal searching, but i'm not coming up with much. mein broke and i don't want to go back to TOCA because last time i went there THEY called me in saying the doctor wanted to see me, he was 40 minutes late and he had no idea why i was there and i was still charged for the visit. so i'd like to go some place new, even if that means having to see a new specialist as this guy was worthless and tried to give me cortizone shots for fucking tendonitus.

so anyways, if you know of a place that does custom braces for people in the valley, lemme know.

downingthief
01-27-2009, 12:52 PM
Yikes. Sorry, Ivy. Have no clue. :(

faxman75
01-27-2009, 12:54 PM
Ivy, maybe this...

South West Orthopedic Designs
Innovations in Design and Fabrication

They do ankles but maybe call about wrists.

http://www.pttd.com/OPlinks.html

This place allows you to order custom though i don't know if you want something to go in person.

http://www.bungapads.com/store.cfm/ses_/mc,list,x,6,0,x/Wrist%20Protection/

Mr. Dylanja
01-27-2009, 01:01 PM
so anyways, if you know of a place that does custom braces for people in the valley, lemme know.

Ivy, I think they call them GRILLZ nowadays :D

chairmenmeow47
01-27-2009, 01:12 PM
what can i say, i'm old school, dylanja :p

and thanks, fax. i sent them an e-mail. i'm going to call my health care provider too when i'm not at my lame desk with hardly any reception, but i thought i'd throw it out there just in case. thanks :)

sddoctor
01-27-2009, 01:17 PM
is anyone here
not old..
like under 30..
i feel like a baby

I'm 25!

chairmenmeow47
01-27-2009, 01:48 PM
i'm 26, will be 27 in june. representing the not young but not old crowd. i just am :p

BakForMore
01-27-2009, 01:50 PM
i'm 26, will be 27 in june. representing the not young but not old crowd. i just am :p

HA!

Me too .. 27 here!

jaysocal
01-27-2009, 07:04 PM
Wow...at that rate I am not looking forward to 30! lol.

28 here.

is anyone here
not old..
like under 30..
i feel like a baby

chairmenmeow47
01-27-2009, 07:08 PM
welcome :) are you a west or east sider, jaysocal?

jaysocal
01-27-2009, 07:23 PM
Central PHX...been here for about 3 years

welcome :) are you a west or east sider, jaysocal?

chairmenmeow47
01-27-2009, 07:25 PM
wow, so rarely do you find anyone who actually lives in central phoenix. where are you from?

jaysocal
01-27-2009, 07:26 PM
Well, there is that! From So Cal, just like about 99% of the other people out here...lol. I wonder how many actual Phoenix natives there really are (I've heard that if you live here for 5 years, you're given "Native" status) :-)

wow, so rarely do you find anyone who actually lives in central phoenix. where are you from?

chairmenmeow47
01-27-2009, 07:30 PM
not true!!! i'm a native, born and raised. we are few and far between though. most everyone is from chicago or cali here. and i am a tard for asking you where you're from with your screenname and all :p

welcome to az and the phoenix thread, this has been your official coachella board welcome :p

jaysocal
01-27-2009, 07:33 PM
I am honored to meet a Native Phoenician! :-)

Well, thank you for the welcome! I've been on the board for about 4 years, but never posted to this thread. This will be my 5th coachella...hopefully I'll be able to relax a little bit as soon as this damn lineup comes out.

not true!!! i'm a native, born and raised. we are few and far between though. most everyone is from chicago or cali here. and i am a tard for asking you where you're from with your screenname and all :p

welcome to az and the phoenix thread, this has been your official coachella board welcome :p

BakForMore
01-27-2009, 07:39 PM

Not true, 7th/Virginia here!!
Have been here for the past 1.5 years.

jaysocal
01-27-2009, 07:49 PM
Street or Ave?

Not true, 7th/Virginia here!!
Have been here for the past 1.5 years.

Mr. Dylanja
01-27-2009, 08:05 PM
Born and raised, soon to be 26, and I've never lived in any of the burbs PHX all the way!!!!

No wonder I'm so fucked :nono

westcoastpirate
01-27-2009, 08:20 PM
Used to live in Central Phx (10th St and Highland), got married and moved to the Took (Ahwatukee). But I work and am partying in Central Phx at least once a month. I miss living down there.

Hot Pink?!

chairmenmeow47
01-27-2009, 08:45 PM
Used to live in Central Phx (10th St and Highland), got married and moved to the Took (Ahwatukee). But I work and am partying in Central Phx at least once a month. I miss living down there.

Hot Pink?!

I MISS HOT PINK SO MUCH IT HURTS!!!!!!!

here is a photo montage dedicated to hot pink:

http://ivy.aholic.us/gallery/d/579072-2/monkey_me_and_lexi_biting_my_boob_at_hot_pink.jpg

http://ivy.aholic.us/gallery/d/761072-1/monkey_me_and_lexi_biting_my_boob_at_hot_pink2_jpg .jpg

(i just love that there are two shots of some random girl biting my boob and pissing off my boyfriend at the time)

http://ivy.aholic.us/gallery/d/580327-2/100_0041.jpg

http://www.hardcoredreamer.com/gallery/d/155879-5/2006_03_24_Hot_Pink_008.jpg

http://www.hardcoredreamer.com/gallery/d/155857-5/2006_03_24_Hot_Pink_001.jpg

http://www.hardcoredreamer.com/gallery/d/184964-5/0LindsLexKiss.jpg

http://ivy.aholic.us/gallery/d/579080-2/X.jpg

this car was ALWAYS there:

http://www.hardcoredreamer.com/gallery/d/184961-5/0IHeartToFart_001.jpg

http://ivy.aholic.us/gallery/d/579088-2/DSC03778_sized.jpg

http://www.hardcoredreamer.com/gallery/d/145236-2/DSC01599.jpg

and gonshman, i'd recommend ordering online, but perhaps a party city or something like that would have some for cheap? i know i bought the glow necklaces for my roller skate jam there.

westcoastpirate
01-27-2009, 09:01 PM
I met my wife at Hot Pink, used to rock it hard there on Fridays, RIP!!!

Glam could never live up to the glory of Hot Pink, heard they got something going on at the Homme Lounge now.

chairmenmeow47
01-27-2009, 10:12 PM
I met my wife at Hot Pink, used to rock it hard there on Fridays, RIP!!!

Glam could never live up to the glory of Hot Pink, heard they got something going on at the Homme Lounge now.

nothing will ever be the same, lol. homme was better when they had burger time:

http://ivy.aholic.us/gallery/d/582873-2/burger_time.jpg

the upstairs is pretty cool, though kinda hot. the patio is enclosed too; hot pink really had that patio going for them.

sddoctor
01-27-2009, 10:25 PM
Homme isn't that great...the friday night is just meh...lots of the same glam dj's that can't really mix...or should I say, only use the computer to visually beat match and they always end up playing the same songs throughout the night...not once do I see them use their headphones...the upstairs bar is closed and that was the best part of that place...I go once in a while with my gf, but we grow tired.

I only went to Hot Pink once; I was in Tucson and Laveen during the primetime of Hot Pink.

I've lived in PHX since I was three! does that make me a native? I moved away for college though...

chairmenmeow47
01-28-2009, 09:19 AM
you're close enough doc :)

so when's everyone getting into town? what's the plan for the weekend? i know we've got the bars/strip clubs on friday and is there still a party on saturday? any plans during the day though? will there be superbowl festivities? when's everyone leaving? what of donuts, WHAAAAAAAAT!?!?!??!?!

sorry, the project manager in me is screaming for details :p

HEADSTRUCK
01-28-2009, 09:21 AM
I will be in PHX for the first time (besides the airport) this weekend. It better be fun!!!

faxman75
01-28-2009, 09:26 AM
Ha, i'm sure it will be. I'm not sure what the plans are for Friday night, I see the chicks are going out somewhere and Tom, Tim and Dylan are going to throw some money at titties. I have potential dinner plans with a friend but that's probably early evening.

chairmenmeow47
01-28-2009, 09:28 AM
I will be in PHX for the first time (besides the airport) this weekend. It better be fun!!!

we'll show you a good time for sure!!!!!

the only dnb i can think of is local and friday night though... there is also a rave saturday night, but i don't know that it has any good dnb. solstice is a house night though that's pretty fun that'll be going on saturday. just throwing those out there in case anyone has an itch to go out :)

HEADSTRUCK
01-28-2009, 09:30 AM
we'll show you a good time for sure!!!!!

the only dnb i can think of is local and friday night though... there is also a rave saturday night, but i don't know that it has any good dnb. solstice is a house night though that's pretty fun that'll be going on saturday. just throwing those out there in case anyone has an itch to go out :)

I already am pretty much busy friday and saturday.

chairmenmeow47
01-28-2009, 09:30 AM
i figured, but i thought i would mention just in case :)

locachica73
01-28-2009, 09:32 AM
OK here is what I have so far:

Feather, Headstruck and Backwater are getting in around 3ish from what I remember.
Ally & MikeyMatador (i think that is his nicname) get in around 9ish.
Tommy gets in around 10:30 if he doesn't get out of work early.

For Friday night the lesbian/cowboy bar got nixed due to all night country music. Headstruck is going to hang out at Dylans to teach him how to DJ. Everyone else is kind of planning on playing it by ear. I have two options on the table, they are:

- A bunch of the girls I know from one of the bars I hang out at are wanting me to join them at Bridgettes which is a Kareoke bar up on Cave Creek just North of Bell. I have been there a few times, very odd mixed crowd, great people watching and some of the people that sing are actually pretty good. Also, since I promised to be Tommy's Wingman this might be the best option since my hot fake breasted bartender friends will all be there.

- The other bar I hang out at has a DJ every friday. She is a very cool chick who loves me because I will make everyone dance so she plays anything I request. It doesn't get real busy there so there is always room on the dance floor and the group that does show up are usually pretty cool. And again, hot fake breasted bartenders everywhere.

Then after that the plan is to hit one of the strip clubs.

Saturday - The party is still on, although I am not sure if I will be dressing up, but I am going to bribe everyone with jello shots so they won't notice. I am not sure what the plan is during the day. I know Ally said something about the horse track, I have a friend that waits tables up there so I might like to check that out. If not I may decide to play poker if nothing else is going on.

Sunday - I am invited to a semi private poker game up at Peppers at 11:00 am and to watch the game after. They are having the Smirnoff girls there and alot of drink specials. $10 buckets of beer and food specials too. If anyone cares to join me there they are more then welcome. Or if anyone else has a plan I may change mine.

Thats all I got. :)

Mr. Dylanja
01-28-2009, 09:36 AM
I am getting wasted, ALL WEEKEND!

That's all I have planned.

locachica73
01-28-2009, 09:37 AM
And on Friday night if anyone else has anything they would rather do I am fully free to change my mind. I have not committed to either group.

locachica73
01-28-2009, 09:41 AM
Hey Dylan... Nix my sis from the guest list, she got stuck in Portland and won't be back till Sunday.

chairmenmeow47
01-28-2009, 09:42 AM
thanks a ton, loca. i just wanted to get an idea of what's going on. if anyone has any "private" plans or anything, that's fine with me, i just want to get an idea of what part of the valley we're going to and when i can do my taxes this weekend. i will probably not be available sunday as i like going to H&R block during the superbowl, but i am down to do anything on friday night after 10 or so and i will definitely be at the party. i'm also free saturday afternoon to hang out if people wanna go somewhere and i'm willing to drive and all that so the out-of-towners can drink if they want too.

loca, imma PM you my number just in case...

amyzzz
01-28-2009, 09:42 AM
I might dress up but if I have to change back to boring to make Jacob come, I will.

locachica73
01-28-2009, 09:52 AM
thanks a ton, loca. i just wanted to get an idea of what's going on. if anyone has any "private" plans or anything, that's fine with me, i just want to get an idea of what part of the valley we're going to and when i can do my taxes this weekend. i will probably not be available sunday as i like going to H&R block during the superbowl, but i am down to do anything on friday night after 10 or so and i will definitely be at the party. i'm also free saturday afternoon to hang out if people wanna go somewhere and i'm willing to drive and all that so the out-of-towners can drink if they want too.

loca, imma PM you my number just in case...

Why go to H&R Block? They charge WAY to much, and if you efile through turbo tax with direct deposit the money comes back in 8-14 days. If you want I will do your taxes for $40 as apposed to $400 that H&R Block charges... :)

I am doing taxes for all my big fake breasted bartender friends. lol

TomAz
01-28-2009, 09:53 AM
did I mention I am going to Tampa tomorrow? hehe.

faxman75
01-28-2009, 09:53 AM
The horse track sound like fun. Turf Paradise? I've never been. At the very least I will be at D$'s on Saturday evening/night. Sunday, Superbowl i think I'm watching at The Half Moon. I'll be stay in the loop as I have peoples phone numbers.

faxman75
01-28-2009, 09:54 AM

Maybe once or twice. I would love to join you. I really like Clearwater so we have to stop there too.

chairmenmeow47
01-28-2009, 09:59 AM
Why go to H&R Block? They charge WAY to much, and if you efile through turbo tax with direct deposit the money comes back in 8-14 days. If you want I will do your taxes for $40 as apposed to $400 that H&R Block charges... :)

I am doing taxes for all my big fake breasted bartender friends. lol

i have capital gains and i like having someone to fall back on if i get audited, which happened in 2005 and it was nice having them take care of everything for free. i may work in financial aid, but absolutely suck at money and numbers.

Mr. Dylanja
01-28-2009, 09:59 AM

You have no idea how jealous I am Tom, no idea. I'm happy for you tho, live it up! Bastard!

locachica73
01-28-2009, 10:01 AM
i have capital gains and i like having someone to fall back on if i get audited, which happened in 2005 and it was nice having them take care of everything for free. i may work in financial aid, but absolutely suck at money and numbers.

Yeah that makes sense... I stick to the easier shit... I can do the itemized taxes, I have done mine for the last few years when I owned my house but that was as deep as I like to go. I use to pay people to do mine and I was an accountant. I finally decided to learn to do it myself after paying H&R Block $400 one year. BASTARDS

amyzzz
01-28-2009, 10:02 AM
so Tom's going to the Super Bowl?

Mr. Dylanja
01-28-2009, 10:03 AM
It wouldn't be Super if Tom wasn't there would it?

Or maybe Toms going to the Supre Bowl!!

chairmenmeow47
01-28-2009, 10:09 AM
Yeah that makes sense... I stick to the easier shit... I can do the itemized taxes, I have done mine for the last few years when I owned my house but that was as deep as I like to go. I use to pay people to do mine and I was an accountant. I finally decided to learn to do it myself after paying H&R Block $400 one year. BASTARDS

thankfully i haven't paid them that much. it probably is silly to have them do it, but it makes me feel more comfortable so it's ok.

i hope tom is going to the superbowl!

TomAz
01-28-2009, 10:14 AM
I really like Clearwater so we have to stop there too.

what is there to do in Clearwater?

fasttrack
01-28-2009, 10:15 AM
i dread the idea of going down mill on sunday.

locachica73
01-28-2009, 10:24 AM
I am avoiding Tempe this entire weekend. I am not much for the testosterone filled college students at this point of my life.

fasttrack
01-28-2009, 10:26 AM
i have no choice living in the 5th and mill area.

faxman75
01-28-2009, 10:27 AM
what is there to do in Clearwater?

It's been a long time since I have been there but we went to the marine aquarium and pet stingrays and hung out at this divey beach bar alot. I really liked the beaches in clearwater, mostly for relaxing and drinking in the sand. So mostly the weather, the beaches and the beer.

HEADSTRUCK
01-28-2009, 10:35 AM
I am getting wasted, ALL WEEKEND!

That's all I have planned.

me too!!!!!

locachica73
01-28-2009, 10:38 AM
Also just to throw it out there, if we end up going out and get too tipsy to drive Friday night I have a local friendly taxi driver that I can call in a pinch. He usually stays pretty close to that area and only charges like $10 to get you to from any area. Superbowl weekend is going to be a big cop fest on the roads so better safe then sorry.

allyjoy
01-28-2009, 10:39 AM
see you bitchez in 2 days :)

feather
01-28-2009, 10:41 AM
Also just to throw it out there, if we end up going out and get too tipsy to drive Friday night I have a local friendly taxi driver that I can call in a pinch. He usually stays pretty close to that area and only charges like $10 to get you to from any area. Superbowl weekend is going to be a big cop fest on the roads so better safe then sorry.

Work it loca! I am in full support of taxi's wherever and whenever we need them. All board members will survive the weekend without injury, or criminal prosecution.

chairmenmeow47
01-28-2009, 10:44 AM
Work it loca! I am in full support of taxi's wherever and whenever we need them. All board members will survive the weekend without injury, or criminal prosecution.

DON'T JINX US!!!!!!!!!

i can also help drive. i drive back to mesa afterwards anyways, so i can be DD if need be :)