PDA

View Full Version : The Phoenix Thread!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87

faxman75
11-26-2008, 07:50 AM
I know next to nothing about yeasayer.

amyzzz
11-26-2008, 07:51 AM
I'm happy to say the same because I wouldn't want anything conflicting with Coldplay.

faxman75
11-26-2008, 07:57 AM
A review of last nights show for you Amy.

http://www.sltrib.com/healthscience/ci_11057306

amyzzz
11-26-2008, 08:14 AM
That was for Saturday's show, faxman. :thu But thanks!

chairmenmeow47
11-26-2008, 08:19 AM
The weather reports are showing that it's supposed to really pour down tonight because that storm that was in Yorba Linda is heading this way......Ivy, Randy's flight will probably be affected. I think the tower is already starting to delay flights.

corn!!!

i just checked the us airways website and it says temperatures are "fair" at the airport, lolz. his flight arrives at 9:20ish (#2749), so i hope it's gone by then =/

and that was funny, tom.

captncrzy
11-26-2008, 08:25 AM
I actually want to go to Yeasayer. Rick is set on Coldplay and I'm not going with him. I'll think about it and maybe just meet you up there (Tom)? I don't want to hang around by myself if I go...

Ivy-doesn't seem to be raining at the airport right now, but once they start delaying flights, they're usually delayed all damn day. Keep an eye on the website as the hour draws near...you can also call to see if his flight is on weather delay.

chairmenmeow47
11-26-2008, 08:26 AM
thanks, i'll probably keep checking online. i hope they don't have to delay too many flights at the airport, that will really suck today, geez. not much else to do i guess but hope!!!

and your signature never ceases to crack me up.

locachica73
11-26-2008, 08:26 AM
The rain is suppose to get worse this evening according to the news. Good luck Ivy/Randy hopefully it isn't too much of a delay.

captncrzy
11-26-2008, 08:31 AM
This is a nifty little tool from the FAA (they're the ones that dictate flight delays)

http://www.fly.faa.gov/flyfaa/usmap.jsp

chairmenmeow47
11-26-2008, 08:35 AM
sweet, thanks! i'm not far from the airport at all, so i'm not too worried, at least i can check online before i leave. sucks more for randy prolly. *crosses fingers*

Somewhat Damaged
11-26-2008, 09:41 AM
God, I hope it doesn't rain tonight when I am trying to set fire to Coldplay's tour bus outside Jobing.com Arena..

Hey, I don't care, so long as it doesn't affect the show going on. C'mon, "The Scientist"!

It was raining buckets when I was dropping the kid off at school this morning. US-60/Rural Rd were the places my windshield wipers really got their workout.

I believe John is also planning on going to Yeasayer. In fact, I believe his mention of it last week was when you decided you wanted to go, Jen. I hope you're there to keep an eye on her and John, Tom. I would like a full report on any shenanigans going on.

Ivy, why is Randy leaving so late? Couldn't get out of work? That's precisely the reason I have vowed to NEVER fly during the holidays. You just need bad weather to effect one flight and you're stuck waiting in the godforsaken airport an interminably long time. Yuck.

amyzzz
11-26-2008, 09:51 AM
Ugh, I hate The Scientist, but I will suffer through it for all the other songs.

Courtney
11-26-2008, 09:53 AM
This is a nifty little tool from the FAA (they're the ones that dictate flight delays)

http://www.fly.faa.gov/flyfaa/usmap.jsp

This is awesome; I am glad to know of its existence.

chairmenmeow47
11-26-2008, 10:03 AM
those flights were all that were available for what we needed and didn't cost a ton of money. he's leaving at 6:50, it's the stupid time difference that makes it seem later.

and shiver is the only coldplay song i can think of that i really like.

downingthief
11-26-2008, 10:34 AM
Ugh, I hate The Scientist, but I will suffer through it for all the other songs.

Seriously? Too date, I think that is their best song.

amyzzz
11-26-2008, 10:38 AM
Re "The Scientist," the melody is just so repetitive and boring, and I don't like it at all. The lyrics are sweet, but they can't save that dull, plodding melody. I think someone did a mashup of that song and a Blink 182 <?> song once, and that was marginally better than the real song, but still couldn't save it for me.

I just wish they'd break out "Daylight" because that song kicks so much ass live, but I know they won't. As long as we get "Cemeteries of London," I will be happy.

Mr. Dylanja
11-26-2008, 10:50 AM
I'd rather talk about musicals instead of Coldplay...

locachica73
11-26-2008, 10:52 AM
and we all know how much you love a good musical.

Courtney
11-26-2008, 10:52 AM
I don't think I ever went on record as saying that Dancer In The Dark is indeed very cheesy.

downingthief
11-26-2008, 10:55 AM
I don't think I ever went on record as saying that Dancer In The Dark is indeed very cheesy.

I still have not seen that.

chairmenmeow47
11-26-2008, 12:08 PM
i almost watched that the other day, i've never seen it. i'm very on the fence with bjork. the stuff i like, i really like. but the stuff that annoys me, really annoys me.

amyzzz
11-26-2008, 12:09 PM
There are some very cute song and dance numbers in it but the last part is so depressing. Jacob won't watch it, and he adores Bjork.

faxman75
11-26-2008, 12:39 PM
I forget things alot so i'm posting this here again as a reminder to myself.

PHOENIX THREAD COACHELLA BOARD CELEBRATES THANKSGIVING WITH MEAT, POTATOES AND BEER!

when: friday, november 28th @ 8:00 PM
where: gordon biersch. reservation is under "audra" (map of the 5th street & mill avenue area)
how much: MAKE THINGS EASY & BRING FUCKING CASH (menu) roughly $9-$30 for an entree
who's going:

chairmenmeow47
RotationSlimWang
captncrzy
Somewhat Damaged
amyzzz
jacob
faxman75
Mr. Dylanja
locachica73

***EDIT*** THIS HAS BEEN UPDATED, NEW LOCATION AS OF 11/25

see you all friday

Mr. Dylanja
11-26-2008, 01:12 PM
What's on the menu at this place, gourmet pubgrub?

locachica73
11-26-2008, 01:12 PM
http://www.gordonbiersch.com/resources/pdf/menu_GBTM_GD_ST_SC_071808.pdf

http://www.gordonbiersch.com/resources/pdf/FEB08GB_1MI_BEER.pdf and here is the beer menu

Mr. Dylanja
11-26-2008, 01:18 PM
I felt like Homer reading that beer menu..."mmmm beeeer"

locachica73
11-26-2008, 01:19 PM
I am having a beer craving myself right now. They let our office all leave at 2 but because our subs are still working I am stuck out here. I want to go get my toes did and drink a beer or 4.

Mr. Dylanja
11-26-2008, 01:21 PM
or 10.

locachica73
11-26-2008, 01:24 PM
no, i must be good, I am trying to avoid the drunk dialing portion of the evening. :)

Geno_g
11-27-2008, 02:15 PM
I'm in arizona for the first time, my cousin is getting married, but flew in to phoenix yesterday, nice place, met one of my homies and got some bomb az weed, any cool smoke shops in the area, I need a pipe, fry's market on Mclentock was huge got some beer...

locachica73
11-28-2008, 12:24 AM
The House Of Blunts is on Van Buren and 48th Street... That is the closest i know to there. Or just find the closest Trails. I hope you have a great time here. :)

faxman75
11-28-2008, 06:40 AM
Yeah there are loads of head shops in phonex. Trails is the biggest chain.

faxman75
11-28-2008, 10:20 AM
I heard there is an ASU game tonight. Was that already discussed in this thread? Should make for interesting parking.

amyzzz
11-28-2008, 11:06 AM
Oh shit. Why did this not come up when we decided to change restaurants? fuck fuck! I have no way to get there early.

faxman75
11-28-2008, 11:14 AM
I will not be there early either. I will be there though. I just have to wait for the internet repair people who said between 5-7PM.

faxman75
11-28-2008, 11:35 AM
Actually, they do the opposite. The only two times they came out so far they were an hour early and 30 minutes early. Both times I was not home.

captncrzy
11-28-2008, 12:21 PM
You don't need to get out there early. People park at the stadium.

amyzzz
11-28-2008, 12:23 PM
And we park on Ash? Isn't that what you advised, Jen?

Mr. Dylanja
11-28-2008, 12:40 PM
The later you guys are the more drunk I'm gonna be.

locachica73
11-28-2008, 01:53 PM
ok but for the record, i won't hold your hair back.

faxman75
11-28-2008, 02:14 PM
You two are cute. Audra, thank you for taking my date off my hands. Now I can be sole loner.

Somewhat Damaged
11-28-2008, 02:19 PM
Mark, is that a drawing of you in your avatar?

locachica73
11-28-2008, 02:20 PM
oh no... i am just his ride, he is still your date. and if you all decide you need some alone time the word is orange and I will make myself scarce.

faxman75
11-28-2008, 02:24 PM
Mark, is that a drawing of you in your avatar?

That's what I was going for. :) Though I didn't draw it of course.

faxman75
11-28-2008, 02:24 PM
oh no... i am just his ride, he is still your date. and if you all decide you need some alone time the word is orange and I will make myself scarce.

Nope, fuck that. He's all yours now. Please. Pretty please.

locachica73
11-28-2008, 02:25 PM
but he told me he even wore his lucky socks, just for you. :)

Somewhat Damaged
11-28-2008, 02:25 PM
Damn, I was hoping you'd have gotten all huffy and called me an idiot for not recognizing that from the South Park World of Warcraft episode.

faxman75
11-28-2008, 02:28 PM
Well, let me try. "No you dumb fuck that's from South Park. What a cheap fucking joke. I'm sick of all the fat comments from poeple on this god damned board, fucking prick".

meh, that still lacked some heart..

faxman75
11-28-2008, 02:54 PM
Alright, i'm out. See you guys tonight.

faxman75
11-29-2008, 09:14 AM
Last night was fun. Gordon Biersch was a good choice with a wide array of beer and food. Good times and good people. I loved the Czech Lager. Randy and Ivy ordered beer flights which were a sampling of 6 different beers and they looked so good I ended up getting one as well. Me, Captn Crazy (jen) and Somewhat Damaged (rick) then went over to rula bula and had some more drinks and talked. A very nice night. Can't wait to do it again. Next up for half of us NIN VEGAS.

captncrzy
11-29-2008, 09:27 AM
I do not feel good. That Winterlager must have been 50% alcohol or something.

BROKENDOLL
11-29-2008, 11:41 AM
http://i481.photobucket.com/albums/rr178/nic_and_don/hangover.jpg

faxman75
11-29-2008, 04:35 PM
i'm chillin' at the crib tonight

TomAz
11-29-2008, 04:44 PM
I might go to Deerhunter tonight.

mountmccabe
11-29-2008, 06:28 PM
Andrew Jackson Jihad are a great band. I like Treasure Mammal but he's not an act that'll get me out.

Doors for the Deerhunter show in an hour!

Geno_g
11-30-2008, 10:01 AM
got drunk and crashed a vespa, crazy AZ lives to it's name, I got a nice shiner, looks like I boxed 10 rounds, whyskey felt no pain, wedding was nice and played golf on the prospector course on Superstition Mountain golf course, Az was sick and now my cousin lives here I will be back to Arizona

Geno_g
11-30-2008, 03:24 PM
http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn243/Genone_gdp/1228086980.jpg
Here's my face after two days healing and not going to the hospital, good thing my mom has a prescription for vicadin, damn I'm lucky I didn't lose teeth or brake a bone...

Mr. Dylanja
11-30-2008, 03:33 PM
That's impressive Geno, good work, way to use your grill to break the fall.

Geno_g
11-30-2008, 03:35 PM
I had a blast, I went to Chandler to blue wasabi and had sushi and drinks, we were gonna all go out but we had to wake up early to fly home, arizona was a blast, can't wait to go back...

Yeah I was so drunk and still remembered the directions, I crashed in the Bashas' parking lot doing a beer run, I stood right up and was laughing at the blood, I was about to walk home but got a ride, and felt no pain...

chairmenmeow47
12-01-2008, 11:28 AM
Cheesecake Factory workers detail harassment claims (http://www.azcentral.com/community/chandler/articles/2008/12/01/20081201cr-cheesecake1128.html)

Cheesecake Factory workers detail harassment claims
by Luci Scott - Dec. 1, 2008 08:56 AM
The Arizona Republic

Bryce Fitzpatrick was working at the Cheesecake Factory at Chandler Fashion Center when he was promoted from server to food expeditor, a step toward management. One day, while he was inside the produce walk-in to hunt down watercress, the door suddenly swung open.

"About 10-plus cooks and dishwashers shut the lights out," Fitzpatrick recalls. "A guy grabbed me from behind and made me put my butt on top of his genitals."

One cook grabbed Fitzpatrick's right leg and held it up in the air. Another held his left leg. Two other men grabbed Fitzpatrick's arms.
"A cook would stand in the middle and rub his genitals into my genitals," Fitzpatrick said.

During his tenure at the restaurant, he suffered the attacks more than 20 times, he said. In interviews with The Arizona Republic, two other former employees of the restaurant chain described being similarly grabbed and held down by co-workers while men simulated sex with them.

A fourth worker, a manager, told The Republic of seeing firsthand one of the attacks and threatening to fire the offending workers.

Now lawyers are involved.

The U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission filed a lawsuit in July against the Cheesecake Factory alleging sexual harassment, a violation of federal law.

After Cheesecake Factory answers the lawsuit in court, depositions will begin. A trial could be two to three years away, said Katherine Kruse, an EEOC attorney. Much civil litigation settles before it goes to trial, she noted.

In a statement, the Cheesecake Factory said it is inappropriate to discuss matters in litigation and, to preserve workers' privacy, the company does not discuss individual employees.

"However, we take all employee harassment claims seriously," the company said.

It said employees with concerns or complaints have several options, including calling an anonymous hotline. Fitzpatrick said he was not aware of the hotline.

The former workers say they felt humiliated and intimidated by the "assaults;" one of them, Michael Wilson, equated the experience to "dry raping."

"Bryce (Fitzpatrick) referred to it as simulating rape. I refer to it as sexual assault," said Phoenix lawyer Jonathan Dessaules, whom Fitzpatrick sought out after an October 2006 incident.

Fitzpatrick also filed a report with Chandler police in fall 2006, but no charges were pursued in part because, the detective in the case noted, the allegations could not be corroborated to "rise to the level of a criminal sexual offense."

Employees whom police interviewed described the incidents as "dogpile, initiation, joke, kitchen games, hazing, manhandling, horseplay and normal joking activity among Hispanic cooks."

Hazing of a sexual nature is not uncommon. Dr. Susan Lipkins, a psychologist from Long Island, N.Y., and an expert in conflict and violence, describes "sexualized hazing," including sodomy, as a national phenomenon. But it's more commonly found among high school and college athletics or in fraternal organizations such as the military or law enforcement.

In one of the more recent hazing scandals, a Black firefighter with the Los Angeles Fire Department sued the city for discrimination and described a dinner at the firehouse in which dog food was mixed into his meal. The brouhaha led to the resignation of the fire chief in late 2006.

(A local radio station later revealed that the firefighter had participated in hazing pranks himself.)

Fitzpatrick, 23, said the practice of sexually charged hazing at the Cheesecake Factory in Chandler was widespread and that supervisors knew about the group assaults but did nothing to stop them. One manager walked in on one of the incidents but just laughed and walked out, Fitzpatrick alleges.

When he asked the manager why he did nothing, the manager reportedly replied he didn't want to become a victim himself, Fitzpatrick said.

The fear was not exaggerated, several of the four former workers say.

Wilson, 33, who worked his way up from a server at Cheesecake Factory to become the front-of-the-house manager, recalls being asked by one of the cooks to go into the walk-in cooler for some herbs.

"All of a sudden the light turned out and it startled me," Wilson said. "I turned around, and altogether there were seven or eight men."

Wilson said several men held him down, and others began pressing and rubbing their genitals against his. They were screaming obscenities in Spanish that Wilson said he couldn't understand, and they were whispering things in his ears.

"They would take turns dry raping me. I was on my back being held down," he said. "Once they were all finished taking turns on me, they threw a bunch of lettuce on me, and a bunch of herbs."

Wilson said he was scared, intimidated, humiliated and traumatized. He felt violated. He quit his job in July 2007.

Tim McIntosh, who was the executive kitchen manager at Chandler's Cheesecake Factory, blew the whistle to top management after he caught some of the workers in the act of holding down and "dry humping" Fitzpatrick.

"I said, 'You guys need to stop this, and if I ever catch you doing this, you guys will be terminated on the spot,' " McIntosh said.

When another restaurant manager alerted McIntosh later on that another hazing incident against Fitzpatrick had occurred, McIntosh said he had had enough.

"I said, 'Those guys are gone.' "

He said he called the district manager of kitchen operations, who arrived and sent the employees home.

Yet, "On Monday, (the district manager) brought them in one by one and talked to them," McIntosh said. "Why did he have to bring them back in? Bottom line, they did it."

Fitzpatrick said he got fed up and contacted Dessaules after an incident on Oct. 1, 2006, when a group of dishwashers, cooks and food preparers allegedly pinned him in a reclining chair, stuck their fingers in his mouth while calling him sexually derogatory names and left scratch marks across his neck - all of which, he said, was witnessed by the eatery's general manager, who he said did nothing but chuckled.

Fitzpatrick, who no longer works in the food industry, said he stayed and suffered at the Cheesecake Factory because he was pursuing a job in management.

"I felt it was their responsibility to protect me as an employee," he said. "I didn't feel it was my responsibility to leave a job, find another job, not get a paycheck for a couple of weeks."

Fitzpatrick said he has been in therapy for a year and has been diagnosed with post-traumatic stress disorder.

Albert Miller, 23, worked as a server at the Cheesecake Factory in Chandler from October 2004 until February 2007. He described being grabbed, held and assaulted in the way Fitzpatrick says he was.

"They were laughing and screaming obscenities in Spanish and English," said Miller, who added that people who hear about the alleged assaults jump to erroneous conclusions.

"I've been hearing comments that people think we're homosexual, but we're not. All the victims are heterosexual."

Dessaules said the cooks are heterosexual, as well.

But "this case is not about sexual orientation. ... This case is about sexual assault," he said.

man being a manager at cheesecake factory must be pretty awesome to endure such weirdness.

Mr. Dylanja
12-01-2008, 12:54 PM
If anyone is interested, Deadmau5 this Friday at Myst.

Here he is at Red Rocks mixing in some Daft...
t8TSMYh9UCI

downingthief
12-02-2008, 09:00 AM
For some of you long time locals, this is sad news:

Tom Dillon, former play-by-play announcer for Arizona State and the Arizona Cardinals, died early Tuesday at age 65.

Dillon worked for the Sports USA Radio Network since 2005 and was scheduled to announce the Territorial Cup between ASU and Arizona in Tucson on Saturday.

Dillon called ASU games for 20 years starting in 1979 -- announcing the Sun Devils' two Rose Bowl appearances -- and Cardinals games for 12 years through 2001. He worked for Fox Sports Arizona for five years. He was voted Arizona Sportscaster of the Year 11 times.

Dillon is survived by his wife Bonnie and two daughters. He worked in real estate in recent years with his wife.

Dillon recently told the Republic: "I miss it (full-time broadcasting). You devote 40 years of your life to it, although this (Sports USA) is very, very rewarding and gratifying to be able to do this. Every week, I get to go to one of the best games in the country."

He is the third long-time Valley sports media member to die in 2008. Others were East Valley Tribune sportswriter Bob Moran and former Republic sportswriter/ASU baseball analyst Bob Eger.

The most valuable player in the Territorial Cup will receive the Bob Moran Award and the Ben Goo Trophy. Moran also worked for the Arizona Daily Star in Tucson before coming to metro Phoenix.

Many a night did I spend with my headphones on, listening to Tom call a Devil game. One of the best. Period.

sin213
12-03-2008, 10:27 AM
For those interested,
Maynard James Keenan of Tool/APC will be doing wine signings at various Whole Foods in the valley. He is a co-owner of the Page Springs (http://www.pagespringscellars.com/) winery in Cornville, AZ. It's very decent wine...i've tried the sampler at the winery as well as bought a bottle about a year ago.

Here is the info:
Dec. 10 - 4:30 to 7:30 pm - Chandler, AZ (2955 W. Ray Rd)
Dec. 11 - 4:30 to 7:30 pm - Phoenix (7111 E. Mayo)
Dec. 15 - 4:30 - 7:30 pm - Scottsdale, AZ (8688 E. Raintree Dr.)

faxman75
12-03-2008, 10:53 AM
Word, my roommate is going to one of these I think. Jason, people want you participating in this thread more. I think it was Dylan who asked why you didn't come to the last meetup as well. You are now being pressured.

Mr. Dylanja
12-03-2008, 10:56 AM
I met MJK last time but only got the Stronghold, I want some red wine this time damn it!

And yeah Jason, wtf???

(I didn't say that to Faxy)

Were you at the STS9 show taping by chance?

sbessiso
12-03-2008, 10:58 AM
Can someone meet him and tell him to stop ruining my life/stalking me at festivals? I'll be your best friend!

faxman75
12-03-2008, 11:04 AM
Who Salah? I'm so lost and it happened within two posts.

sin213
12-03-2008, 11:10 AM
lol...i know, i know. i wanted to come to that last meetup, but it was just really bad timing.

i'll come to the next one, i promise.

no, i wasn't at STS9. i saw them at vegoose-they were good, but i didn't get into them as much as everyone else seemed to.

chairmenmeow47
12-03-2008, 11:22 AM
salah hates tool. represent, salah. i can't stand them either, except that opiate song.

amyzzz
12-03-2008, 11:35 AM
salah hates tool. represent, salah. i can't stand them either, except that opiate song.
QFT

(jesuschristwhydontyoucomesavemylifenow)

faxman75
12-03-2008, 11:42 AM
I'm not a big Tool fan but was very fucking impressed with what I saw at Coachella 2006. So impressed I saw them a few months later in Phoenix and then was let down. The crowd sucked, Maynard was pissed I recall. I think someone threw a bottle on stage. The sound at cricket was very much inferior to the sound of the mainstage at Coachella. Same goes for Waters. Saw him do pretty much the exact show at cricket, loved it and all but it was nothing compared to the greatness of the Coachella peformance.

Tool had this perfect stereo killer flawless (adjectives for $500 Alex) sound at Coachella.

Mr. Dylanja
12-03-2008, 11:45 AM
Tool at Gammage had unbelievable sound.

sin213
12-03-2008, 11:48 AM
i agree with both of those statements. gammage was killer, whereas the cricket show where he got hit with a bottle had to be the worst show of theirs i've ever seen.

faxman75
12-03-2008, 11:49 AM
I've only seen two shows there I think. Beck w/The flaming Lips (before I was a lips fan so I was a fucktard and showed up late) and Tori Amos.

RotationSlimWang
12-03-2008, 11:51 AM
No one can take ecstasy at a Tool show and not come away deeply imprinted.

amyzzz
12-03-2008, 11:54 AM
I did that once at a show and didn't really remember much of anything. Had fun though.

sin213
12-03-2008, 11:59 AM
never did x, but did other psychs at various tool shows thru out the years.

always amazing at a tool show.

RotationSlimWang
12-03-2008, 12:00 PM
I've never felt any music push energy around in my body like Tool. It's truly affecting.

sbessiso
12-03-2008, 12:02 PM
That's quite a statement....

Mr. Dylanja
12-03-2008, 12:03 PM
I know it's selfish but I'm much more of a happy person when this thread revolves around Tool, strippers and drugs!

Hippy flippin in Vegas was transcendent!

amyzzz
12-03-2008, 12:08 PM
Take out the first 2 and I'm in!

Mr. Dylanja
12-03-2008, 12:11 PM
drugZZZ!

Okay Amy, Portishead at Coachella or Massive Attack at Celebrity??

amyzzz
12-03-2008, 12:13 PM
I thought I already told you that Massive Attack at Celebrity was sadly underwhelming (except for the big finish).

amyzzz
So Portishead.

Mr. Dylanja
Maybe I forgot, what was the big finish?

amyzzz
12-03-2008, 12:14 PM
I didn't tell you about that. They finished with "Group Four," and it was breathtakingly good.

sin213
12-03-2008, 12:14 PM
sadly underwhelming compared to coachella, but i still enjoyed myself completely at that show. to think they would even come to phx is amazing...

amyzzz
12-03-2008, 12:18 PM
I agree with that statement. I could not believe they came here.

amyzzz
12-03-2008, 12:19 PM
Oh yeah, and the whole Massive Attack show at Coach was the one show I rolled for. I think it was really really good....

sbessiso
12-03-2008, 12:20 PM
I'm so bummed I missed then in 06. Had no idea who they were!

chairmenmeow47
12-03-2008, 12:22 PM
i suddenly don't feel so bad for having to miss the massive attack show here :)

faxman75
12-03-2008, 12:23 PM
Fleetwood Mac is going to be incredible headlining Coachella.....*gigglesnort*

PC-2 Violence
12-03-2008, 12:37 PM
i suddenly don't feel so bad for having to miss the massive attack show here :)

That Cheesecake Factory story is bullshit.

We were just trying to break in the F.N.G. and let him know how we roll around here.

See, its just like when you check in to county jail for a couple of months, and all your new room mates tell you to sign up for the fishing trip before its too late.

You gotta turn in you F.I.S.H. form.

faxman75
12-03-2008, 12:45 PM
WTF does that even mean? Is that rave talk that only Ivy would understand?

Awesome.....

omg lolz
P.L.U.R.

faxman75
12-03-2008, 12:48 PM
Some poor old lady got hit by a light rail train already. I saw that on the news last night. Fortunately it was going slow and just pulling away from the station. Stay tuned for more of these at higher speeds.

chairmenmeow47
12-03-2008, 12:49 PM
Cheesecake Factory workers detail harassment claims (http://www.azcentral.com/community/chandler/articles/2008/12/01/20081201cr-cheesecake1128.html)

Cheesecake Factory workers detail harassment claims
by Luci Scott - Dec. 1, 2008 08:56 AM
The Arizona Republic

Bryce Fitzpatrick was working at the Cheesecake Factory at Chandler Fashion Center when he was promoted from server to food expeditor, a step toward management. One day, while he was inside the produce walk-in to hunt down watercress, the door suddenly swung open.

"About 10-plus cooks and dishwashers shut the lights out," Fitzpatrick recalls. "A guy grabbed me from behind and made me put my butt on top of his genitals."

One cook grabbed Fitzpatrick's right leg and held it up in the air. Another held his left leg. Two other men grabbed Fitzpatrick's arms.
"A cook would stand in the middle and rub his genitals into my genitals," Fitzpatrick said.

During his tenure at the restaurant, he suffered the attacks more than 20 times, he said. In interviews with The Arizona Republic, two other former employees of the restaurant chain described being similarly grabbed and held down by co-workers while men simulated sex with them.

A fourth worker, a manager, told The Republic of seeing firsthand one of the attacks and threatening to fire the offending workers.

Now lawyers are involved.

The U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission filed a lawsuit in July against the Cheesecake Factory alleging sexual harassment, a violation of federal law.

After Cheesecake Factory answers the lawsuit in court, depositions will begin. A trial could be two to three years away, said Katherine Kruse, an EEOC attorney. Much civil litigation settles before it goes to trial, she noted.

In a statement, the Cheesecake Factory said it is inappropriate to discuss matters in litigation and, to preserve workers' privacy, the company does not discuss individual employees.

"However, we take all employee harassment claims seriously," the company said.

It said employees with concerns or complaints have several options, including calling an anonymous hotline. Fitzpatrick said he was not aware of the hotline.

The former workers say they felt humiliated and intimidated by the "assaults;" one of them, Michael Wilson, equated the experience to "dry raping."

"Bryce (Fitzpatrick) referred to it as simulating rape. I refer to it as sexual assault," said Phoenix lawyer Jonathan Dessaules, whom Fitzpatrick sought out after an October 2006 incident.

Fitzpatrick also filed a report with Chandler police in fall 2006, but no charges were pursued in part because, the detective in the case noted, the allegations could not be corroborated to "rise to the level of a criminal sexual offense."

Employees whom police interviewed described the incidents as "dogpile, initiation, joke, kitchen games, hazing, manhandling, horseplay and normal joking activity among Hispanic cooks."

Hazing of a sexual nature is not uncommon. Dr. Susan Lipkins, a psychologist from Long Island, N.Y., and an expert in conflict and violence, describes "sexualized hazing," including sodomy, as a national phenomenon. But it's more commonly found among high school and college athletics or in fraternal organizations such as the military or law enforcement.

In one of the more recent hazing scandals, a Black firefighter with the Los Angeles Fire Department sued the city for discrimination and described a dinner at the firehouse in which dog food was mixed into his meal. The brouhaha led to the resignation of the fire chief in late 2006.

(A local radio station later revealed that the firefighter had participated in hazing pranks himself.)

Fitzpatrick, 23, said the practice of sexually charged hazing at the Cheesecake Factory in Chandler was widespread and that supervisors knew about the group assaults but did nothing to stop them. One manager walked in on one of the incidents but just laughed and walked out, Fitzpatrick alleges.

When he asked the manager why he did nothing, the manager reportedly replied he didn't want to become a victim himself, Fitzpatrick said.

The fear was not exaggerated, several of the four former workers say.

Wilson, 33, who worked his way up from a server at Cheesecake Factory to become the front-of-the-house manager, recalls being asked by one of the cooks to go into the walk-in cooler for some herbs.

"All of a sudden the light turned out and it startled me," Wilson said. "I turned around, and altogether there were seven or eight men."

Wilson said several men held him down, and others began pressing and rubbing their genitals against his. They were screaming obscenities in Spanish that Wilson said he couldn't understand, and they were whispering things in his ears.

"They would take turns dry raping me. I was on my back being held down," he said. "Once they were all finished taking turns on me, they threw a bunch of lettuce on me, and a bunch of herbs."

Wilson said he was scared, intimidated, humiliated and traumatized. He felt violated. He quit his job in July 2007.

Tim McIntosh, who was the executive kitchen manager at Chandler's Cheesecake Factory, blew the whistle to top management after he caught some of the workers in the act of holding down and "dry humping" Fitzpatrick.

"I said, 'You guys need to stop this, and if I ever catch you doing this, you guys will be terminated on the spot,' " McIntosh said.

When another restaurant manager alerted McIntosh later on that another hazing incident against Fitzpatrick had occurred, McIntosh said he had had enough.

"I said, 'Those guys are gone.' "

He said he called the district manager of kitchen operations, who arrived and sent the employees home.

Yet, "On Monday, (the district manager) brought them in one by one and talked to them," McIntosh said. "Why did he have to bring them back in? Bottom line, they did it."

Fitzpatrick said he got fed up and contacted Dessaules after an incident on Oct. 1, 2006, when a group of dishwashers, cooks and food preparers allegedly pinned him in a reclining chair, stuck their fingers in his mouth while calling him sexually derogatory names and left scratch marks across his neck - all of which, he said, was witnessed by the eatery's general manager, who he said did nothing but chuckled.

Fitzpatrick, who no longer works in the food industry, said he stayed and suffered at the Cheesecake Factory because he was pursuing a job in management.

"I felt it was their responsibility to protect me as an employee," he said. "I didn't feel it was my responsibility to leave a job, find another job, not get a paycheck for a couple of weeks."

Fitzpatrick said he has been in therapy for a year and has been diagnosed with post-traumatic stress disorder.

Albert Miller, 23, worked as a server at the Cheesecake Factory in Chandler from October 2004 until February 2007. He described being grabbed, held and assaulted in the way Fitzpatrick says he was.

"They were laughing and screaming obscenities in Spanish and English," said Miller, who added that people who hear about the alleged assaults jump to erroneous conclusions.

"I've been hearing comments that people think we're homosexual, but we're not. All the victims are heterosexual."

Dessaules said the cooks are heterosexual, as well.

But "this case is not about sexual orientation. ... This case is about sexual assault," he said.

man being a manager at cheesecake factory must be pretty awesome to endure such weirdness.

that's what he was talking about, faxman, lol.

COCKTAIL, FRUIT!

PC-2 Violence
WTF does that even mean? Is that rave talk that only Ivy would understand?

Awesome.....

omg lolz
P.L.U.R.

Where did I get this rep as some raver? I love to dance, but I am not much for hanging with a bunch of underagers, taking bunk E and talking on dontstayin all night.

I am not sure I even know what plur means, someone tell me.

chairmenmeow47
Some poor old lady got hit by a light rail train already. I saw that on the news last night. Fortunately it was going slow and just pulling away from the station. Stay tuned for more of these at higher speeds.

god we are so brilliant for building these at ground level, especially in one of the highest-ranking states for red light running. BRILLIANT!

PC-2 Violence
12-03-2008, 12:50 PM
COCKTAIL, FRUIT!

faxman75
12-03-2008, 12:54 PM
that's what he was talking about, faxman, lol.

COCKTAIL, FRUIT!

Now you are gay bashing? Why? Just because I show up to these meetups alone?

Fo' shame.

:(

PC-2 Violence
12-03-2008, 12:59 PM
Now you are gay bashing? Why? Just because I show up to these meetups alone?

Fo' shame.

:(

/\ Who really needz a lesson in American pop culture? /\

chairmenmeow47
12-03-2008, 01:26 PM
Peace Love Unity and Respect

or

People Look Ugly Rolling
People Love Underage Ravers

ect.

locachica73
12-03-2008, 01:42 PM
Don't forget to mark your calendars for NYE weekend. Tommyboy will be in town and is hoping to meet up with some coachella folks other then my sister and I. So hopefully we can plan something. :)

chairmenmeow47
12-03-2008, 01:43 PM
i should be leaving the 31st, but would be happy to meet up before then.

amyzzz
12-03-2008, 01:44 PM
Ivy, you're out. :)

locachica73
12-03-2008, 01:45 PM
I can't remember what days he said he was planning on being here. As soon as he firms up his plans I will get a consenses of who wants to go.

Oh and my computer is back kinda for the time being. Still waiting on a new motherboard but it seems to be working somewhat for now. whew... I was having withdrawels. :(

chairmenmeow47
12-03-2008, 01:53 PM
I'm thinking I'll get there around the 28th and leave on New Year's Day.

not out yet, bitches :)

locachica73
12-03-2008, 01:54 PM
i prefer dirty pirate whore... :)

Oh and ummmm sorry to Mr D for Friday... He knows why. :)

faxman75
12-03-2008, 01:55 PM
withdrawels.

spelt it phunny....i'm a good spellr that's how i know.

faxman75
12-03-2008, 01:55 PM
i prefer dirty pirate whore... :)

Oh and ummmm sorry to Mr D for Friday... He knows why. :)

Too much teeth?

amyzzz
12-03-2008, 01:58 PM
Ok, New Year's Day weekend didn't sound like it could include you. the 28th is way earlier than the weekend.

faxman75
12-03-2008, 01:59 PM
The 28th IZ the weekend.

faxman75
12-03-2008, 02:00 PM
What are people doing for NYE? NEthing?

locachica73
12-03-2008, 02:04 PM
I spellz pourly... and my GrammAr sucks. Sorry man :).

too much teeth huh? to be a dirty pirate whore? does it count that I have 2 gold teef?

I have no plans for NYE. It is my least favorite of holidays. So much pressure to find someone to kiss. BLEH

amyzzz
12-03-2008, 02:06 PM
There's never anything interesting to do here for NYE.

locachica73
12-03-2008, 02:08 PM
I prefer to stick close to home to avoid the driving and usually a house party just because bar prices are outrageous. I am hoping some of my friends will do something at their place since I prefer not to invite people into my tagged home.

TommyboyUNM
12-03-2008, 02:12 PM

I booked a flight. I'm arriving in Tucson on Saturday the 27th and leaving on Sunday the 4th. 8 days.....holy shit. She probably has to work 3 of those days, so I'm planning on seeing some of you fucks on those days.

I quoted Ivy on this because she quoted me. So yeah. Probably looked outta context.

What are people doing for NYE? NEthing?

We're thinking we're probably going to the Coyotes/Avalanche game then finding something to get into in Phoenix. The lady and I are up for almost anything. So yeah. Phoenix....New Year's.....what is there to do?

amyzzz
12-03-2008, 02:17 PM
New Year's means this will be the third time this year I am off on a Thursday but have to drag my sorry ass back in to work on Friday. Ugh.

faxman75
12-03-2008, 02:18 PM
I just checked and I am off Dec 31st-and return to work January 5th.

Mr. Dylanja
12-03-2008, 02:21 PM
Ivy, are you going to TAO?

Mr. Dylanja
12-03-2008, 02:22 PM
Too much teeth?

I'll never leave you again Faxy, ever!

locachica73
12-03-2008, 02:22 PM
My PTO is finally caught up again. I am debating on taking either the Friday after Xmas or the Friday after NY's off. I cant decide which though.

locachica73
12-03-2008, 02:23 PM
I'll never leave you again Faxy, ever!

ohhh i get the too much teeth comment now... teeth are bad... mmmkay

chairmenmeow47
12-03-2008, 02:24 PM
yes i am and i requested that friday off work. i didn't want to have to go back in either! i know i will for christmas and it's just going to be so lame that day.

amyzzz
12-03-2008, 02:26 PM
If I don't go in to work on Jan 2nd (or Dec 31st, or Dec 26th), I will probably get fired. At the very least, I will be docked my holiday pay for Jan 1st.

locachica73
12-03-2008, 02:29 PM
By then I will be transitioned out to the warehouse to work. I am hoping they will all take the day off and since they won't allow me to be out there alone I will automatically get the day off and not have to turn in PTO.

faxman75
12-03-2008, 02:31 PM
Styx is playing the Tempe block party

National Band Pending is playing the Scottsdale Block Party

I actually saw Veruca Salt at the Scottsdale Block Party 2 years ago. It was pretty cool. I wonder who they will get this year.

downingthief
12-03-2008, 02:33 PM
Styx is playing the Tempe block party

National Band Pending is playing the Scottsdale Block Party

I actually saw Veruca Salt at the Scottsdale Block Party 2 years ago. It was pretty cool. I wonder who they will get this year.

Styx is AWFUL!

locachica73
12-03-2008, 02:33 PM
I have tried to attend the block parties twice and never actually made it to the party, there was usually a pre party at someones house that ended up getting wild so we just stuck there. I just have a problem with them being open to everyone. You end up having a bunch of people bringing their kids down to hang out with all the drunken people walking from bar to bar. Plus that is just too many people for me to handle.

faxman75
12-03-2008, 02:34 PM
Styx is AWFUL!

Yes. Is yes awful too?

faxman75
12-03-2008, 02:35 PM
The Scottsdale block party was pretty low key. The bars were packed but you can drink and eat outdoors and watch the bands outside too. Plenty of room out there.

downingthief
12-03-2008, 02:36 PM
Yes. Is yes awful too?

No. Not even close. Styx takes awful to uncharted territory. Listening to Styx is reminscent of the eye torture scene in A Clockwork Orange.

amyzzz
12-03-2008, 02:36 PM
I sent my sister a birthday card with a Styx song blaring out of it a couple weeks ago. I remember this one Styx album fondly because she used to play it all the time when we were kids.

downingthief
12-03-2008, 02:37 PM
I sent my sister a birthday card with a Styx song blaring out of it a couple weeks ago. I remember this one Styx album fondly because she used to play it all the time when we were kids.

You poor tortured soul.

amyzzz
12-03-2008, 02:38 PM
Whatever, Sean.

faxman75
12-03-2008, 02:41 PM
No. Not even close. Styx takes awful to uncharted territory. Listening to Styx is reminscent of the eye torture scene in A Clockwork Orange.

nuff' said

amyzzz
12-03-2008, 02:49 PM
Going off on a tangent, other music my sister subjected me to (which is not necessarily a bad thing):

Kristy & Jimmy McNichol
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v438/kjv31/7782/jimmy-kristy.jpg

Pat Benatar
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y51/chaos61/Pat_Benatar_-_Get_Nervous_Front-for.jpg

Nik Kershaw
http://www.kershaw.net/images/hracing1.jpg

Billy Idol
http://imagecache2.allposters.com/images/pic/RSPOD/RS440~Billy-Idol-Rolling-Stone-no-440-January-1985-Posters.jpg

80's David Bowie
http://s183.photobucket.com/albums/x157/insightoutside/1983_DavidBowie_LetsDance.jpg

downingthief
12-03-2008, 02:50 PM
Lots of good memories listening to Nik Kershaw. Benatar, when I was younger, too.

locachica73
12-03-2008, 02:52 PM
My sister subjected me to some of the same... she is 5 years older then me and was a big fan of anything that involved music from the time she could breath. She is a huge U2 fan, I still don't get the U2 thing but she was also into Pat Benatar which made me a fan as well.

amyzzz
12-03-2008, 02:52 PM
Who wouldn't be scared of Pat Benatar and her gang of whores? (in that one video I mean)

locachica73
12-03-2008, 02:59 PM
Oh I loved that video. I wanted to dress like that but I was only around 8 at the time. My mother wouldn't allow it. lol

She was such a tough chick. I love the tough chicks.

PC-2 Violence
12-03-2008, 10:35 PM

Ludovico technique.

mountmccabe
12-05-2008, 09:11 AM
Andy Rourke (of the Smiths) is going to be in town next Friday (the 12th) DJing at Obscura at the Ruby Room. I really like the Ruby Room.

chairmenmeow47
12-05-2008, 09:13 AM
Andy Rourke (of the Smiths) is going to be in town next Friday (the 12th) DJing at Obscura at the Ruby Room. I really like the Ruby Room.

if i were going to be in town, i'd totally check that out. that seems like a better choice for the ruby room than the drum & bass shows i've seen there. that venue was too small for dnb shows. not so much for the crowd, but because the dnb people like to have 10 speakers more than they need.

i also drove over a parking block there and had to have my car lifted up by a bunch of boys, lol.

locachica73
12-05-2008, 09:20 AM
I spun my friends car 180 degrees once and then planted it in between 2 trees. It was so snug in there I couldn't get it out so I had my bunch of my guy friends lift it out for me. Gotta love strong boys. :)

sddoctor
12-05-2008, 09:21 AM
Deadmau5...anyone going tonight?

amyzzz
12-05-2008, 09:21 AM
Whoever's going needs to ask Andy Rourke if The Smiths are reuniting for Coachella (FTW!!). You'll probably get decked or something, but so worth it.

chairmenmeow47
12-05-2008, 09:24 AM

i'm debating it. i have class in the morning, but if a bunch of people i know end up going i think i will. myst is fun when the ravers overtake the patio.

and i would totally use the power of titties to avoid getting decked and do that if i could, amy. good thinking. I NEED CHARMING MAN & HAND IN GLOVE LIVE, STAT!!!

Mr. Dylanja
12-05-2008, 09:26 AM

Doc, I'll be there, bring my meds please:)

chairmenmeow47
12-05-2008, 09:33 AM
how much is it tonight? i don't think i know anyone doing reduced cover lists :(

Mr. Dylanja
12-05-2008, 09:37 AM
I have no idea Ivy, I got put on the list, does that mean I'll still have to pay?

chairmenmeow47
12-05-2008, 09:39 AM
it depends. myst has different lists. did they tell you a time to be there by or anything? generally if you have to be there by 10:30 or 11, it's a reduced cover.

there are reduced cover lists that get you in for a reduced price, like $5 or something. then there are lists to get in free, lists/wristbands for "vip" and then lists/wristbands for the skybox area. there may be some massive polo shirt orgy list i don't know about too, i dunno, lol.

i wish i still knew the lighting guy, fucking corn :(

amyzzz
12-05-2008, 09:41 AM
Heck, maybe I should go to that Andy Rourke thing. It's on a Friday after all. And Ivy, bless you for that cleavage gesture.

edit: you won't already be in Vegas on the 12th, will you?

chairmenmeow47
12-05-2008, 09:44 AM
no, i'm flying into burbank friday night and then we're driving to vegas saturday.

and my friend amy that some of you met is getting married at the BIKINI LOUNGE at the end of this month. i am so beyond excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mr. Dylanja
12-05-2008, 09:45 AM
there may be some massive polo shirt orgy list i don't know about too, i dunno, lol.

LOL! I think I'm on the VIP list but I'll be sure to wear a collared shirt just in case:)

amyzzz
12-05-2008, 09:45 AM
You can get married there? She seems like a cool chick when I met her before Sigur Ros.

locachica73
12-05-2008, 09:48 AM
LOL! I think I'm on the VIP list but I'll be sure to wear a collared shirt just in case:)

buttoned down collared shirt, with sunglasses on in the club.

faxman75
12-05-2008, 09:49 AM
no, i'm flying into burbank friday night and then we're driving to vegas saturday.

and my friend amy that some of you met is getting married at the BIKINI LOUNGE at the end of this month. i am so beyond excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Married at Bikini! Oh my..... lulz

faxman75
12-05-2008, 09:51 AM
I'm going to some Scientology pageant play tonight. Sounds disturbing and fun.

chairmenmeow47
12-05-2008, 09:54 AM
You can get married there? She seems like a cool chick when I met her before Sigur Ros.

well, she's a regular there and so his her fiancee. they were trying to find a cheap venue and she jokingly suggested bikini since that's where they met. i guess they ran it by the owner and she was so happy she hugged amy, lol.

they can't close the bar though, so anyone who happens to be there will get to be a wedding crasher, lol.

locachica73
12-05-2008, 09:55 AM
your going to get brainwashed.

Mr. Dylanja
12-05-2008, 09:57 AM
buttoned down collared shirt, with sunglasses on in the club.

STUNNA SHADES!!!

chairmenmeow47
12-05-2008, 09:57 AM
a buddhist wedding ceremony at a tiki themed dive bar is less strange than anything scientology can come up with.

locachica73
12-05-2008, 10:08 AM
STUNNA SHADES!!!

Make sure you hand out your business cards to the chicks... we dig that. :)

chairmenmeow47
12-05-2008, 10:09 AM
also, try to deck them after you keep drunkenly bumping into them. they like that.

locachica73
12-05-2008, 10:10 AM
or just go up behind them and rub yourself on them when they are dancing with thier girlfriends... its a sure fired way to get some action... maybe not the action you want but hey, you never know. :)

Mr. Dylanja
12-05-2008, 10:14 AM
Thanks guys, I'm soooo gonna get laid tonight!!

locachica73
12-05-2008, 10:15 AM
We want a full report when you get back... pictures not required but appreciated. :)

amyzzz
12-05-2008, 10:21 AM
Thanks guys, I'm soooo gonna get laid tonight!!
:rotfl

faxman75
12-05-2008, 10:28 AM
a buddhist wedding ceremony at a tiki themed dive bar is less strange than anything scientology can come up with.

No doubt.

PC-2 Violence
12-05-2008, 12:37 PM
I already paid for my ticket online like 3 weeks ago. There better not be a cover on top of that or I will be forced to drop more names that Frozen Pilgrim.

chairmenmeow47
12-05-2008, 12:39 PM
LOLZ, if you bought a ticket, you should be good.

it's always funny at myst, the reduced cover/vip line is always longer than the general admission.

did you guys hear about the owner of dos gringos & sugar daddies? convicted of tax evasion or something like that.

PC-2 Violence
12-05-2008, 12:53 PM
LOLZ, if you bought a ticket, you should be good.

it's always funny at myst, the reduced cover/vip line is always longer than the general admission.

did you guys hear about the owner of dos gringos & sugar daddies? convicted of tax evasion or something like that.

Why does Dos in Scottsdale always smell like puke? I mean no matter fucking what?

chairmenmeow47
12-05-2008, 12:54 PM
LOL, i've only been once. i really liked the venue, it's cute.

locachica73
12-05-2008, 12:59 PM
I use to hang out at Sugar Daddys quite a bit a couple years ago. I can believe it. They had a problem like that a couple years ago. Employees showed up to work and there were locks on the doors. I haven't been there in ages though, last time I went it was a little ummm... hard. Even for me. Too many black dudes in thier sports jersies and bandanas, 4 fights in one night, my friend who was a bouncer there got cut with a broken beer bottle by one of the dudes fighting, I havent been back since.

faxman75
12-05-2008, 01:07 PM
The following is the result of changes to Arizona law effective January 01, 2009

What's New

License Plate Holder Law - State law* requires that the state name at the top of Arizona license plates must be visible. Any license plate holder or cover that prevents the license plate from being clearly legible, is in violation of this new law.

* A.R.S. 28-2354(B.)

Mr. Dylanja
12-05-2008, 01:08 PM
Is there a dress code at Myst? Can I wear all black sneaks or does it have to be dress shoes?

locachica73
12-05-2008, 01:10 PM
There should be a law against personalized license plates that make no sense. I just spent an hour in my car and 20 minutes of that time was me trying to figure out what people were trying to say with their overpriced personalized plates. The one that I did get but still don't really get is someone has the plate saying DRINKQI. I am assuming Drinky... is that an automatic invitation to a DUI checkpoint?

chairmenmeow47
12-05-2008, 01:21 PM
Is there a dress code at Myst? Can I wear all black sneaks or does it have to be dress shoes?

there is a dress code. i think you should be okay with black sneakers, but i'll ask around.

amyzzz
12-05-2008, 01:28 PM
The following is the result of changes to Arizona law effective January 01, 2009

What's New

License Plate Holder Law - State law* requires that the state name at the top of Arizona license plates must be visible. Any license plate holder or cover that prevents the license plate from being clearly legible, is in violation of this new law.

* A.R.S. 28-2354(B.)
So I guess this means the mailed tickets from the new speeding cameras will NOT include an advertisement hocking clear license plate covers. I swear to God I got an ad for this when I got a speeding ticket from a camera (a van near 7th St and Bell got me a few years ago).

Mr. Dylanja
12-05-2008, 02:46 PM
....................................and the thread's dead again.
http://www.tfs.cs.tu-berlin.de/~otnemem/dvdcol/comparison/pulp/pulp_fiction_106.49_uk.jpg

chairmenmeow47
12-05-2008, 02:53 PM
you should be fine with sneakers, btw :)

Mr. Dylanja
12-05-2008, 02:55 PM
Thanks Ivy.

faxman75
12-05-2008, 02:59 PM
Is this at Stray Cat theater? This play was actually on Broadway for a while. It's a childrens telling of the basic teachings of Scientology. Look out for the scene where two children fight over another one (I won't elaborate, but it's one of the lessons).

Yes that is correct.

Mr. Dylanja
12-06-2008, 01:53 AM
Did anybody get my "thread's dead" comment or was it just that lame? I'm assuming it's the latter:nono

Anyways, Deadmau5 killed it, I liked his set a lot, specifically the first half of it. During the second half your typical scottsdale-douche-defining-dumbass would walk by you like he had somewhere to go only to stand directly in front of you. It got crowded and lame but overall great times. I'll try to post a pic tomorrow.

Next up.... NIN that show is going to be amazing.

Also, I really really reaaaaally think everyone should go see George Clinton on Jan 7, it's in the middle of the week which absolutely blows I know. But I'll be damned if George doesn't put on some of the most fun shows on the planet. He is right up there with Daft for sheer pleasure.

Sorry for the long post, enjoy the weekend:)

drugks Gillespie
12-06-2008, 02:26 AM
Deadmau5 was awesome. Myst sucks.

faxman75
12-06-2008, 09:53 AM
Is this at Stray Cat theater? This play was actually on Broadway for a while. It's a childrens telling of the basic teachings of Scientology. Look out for the scene where two children fight over another one (I won't elaborate, but it's one of the lessons).

It was really damn good. An hour long. The kids were fucking brilliant. They may have done the scene you are talking about a bit different as the fight scene took place between multiple kids and turned into a bit of a musical number. The best though was all red yarn they used as blood and guts while the fight was going on. I highly recommend this show. Very entertaining and awesome seeing such young actors and actresses hitting it out of the park better than a lot of adults. :) Well worth the 20 bucks.

PC-2 Violence
12-06-2008, 11:27 AM
Deadmau5 was awesome. Myst sucks.

OK so I will never go to another show at Myst again.

First I made a mistake and did not get there till 10:30. I found a gold mine spot right in front of Suede and walked the alley to Myst.

Ivy was spot fucking on when she said that the VIP line would be longer than the general admission line. So I am in line for about 5 second asking people what the status is about will call and such and the door man is the biggest douche I have ever had the pleasure of being ignored by. As usual I did not dress up and there were people standing in line that did not even know that Deadmau5 was playing. Fucking status seekers.

I walk to the front of the line and I am ignored until about 50 other people get let in and the door man finally gets sick of me and lets me in. I will never buy another ticket to a show where I "might" get in, and it will be after "the beautiful people".

Deadmau5 set was fire. I walked up to the front where you could not see him but you were really close. This is where the majority of people that wanted to dance were. I get really sweaty when I dance so naturally I got lots of looks from the girls that look like they just stepped out for after prom that night. I fucking hated those dancing girls on the podiums, only one of them was hot and she kept having her back to Deadmau5 and when he would drop something hot, she thought everyone was cheering for her slow-motion thigh and tit rub down.

Mr. Dylanja
12-06-2008, 02:01 PM
I was on the right side towards the front PC, I probably saw you...

PC-2 Violence
12-06-2008, 02:29 PM
I was on the right side towards the front PC, I probably saw you...

Yeah I mingled around a little bit over there on the ramp so I could actually see what was going on, as opposed to being directly underneath him and just dancing the whole time.

I saw a couple of ppl who I speculated could be you, but I really have no idea what you look like.

I have short black fuzzy hair and glasses. I was sweating profusely and had a cranberry vodka with no vodka in it. I like to kick my feet out when I dance too.

faxman75
12-06-2008, 02:33 PM
I would not be caught dead in a place like that. clubs....blech

PC-2 Violence
12-06-2008, 02:40 PM
I would not be caught dead in a place like that. clubs....blech

For real Fax. Imagine buying a ticket to a show and having the person at the door speculate wither or not you will be entering the event...

faxman75
12-06-2008, 02:50 PM
For real Fax. Imagine buying a ticket to a show and having the person at the door speculate wither or not you will be entering the event...

Yep, that's a very scottsdale thing right there. That is really fucked up having to wait to get in when you already have a ticket. I would have been irate. :)

sin213
12-06-2008, 05:05 PM
I walk to the front of the line and I am ignored until about 50 other people get let in and the door man finally gets sick of me and lets me in. I will never buy another ticket to a show where I "might" get in, and it will be after "the beautiful people".

so wait...you bought a ticket to the show, but they wouldn't just let you right in? that's lame.

Mr. Dylanja
12-06-2008, 05:17 PM
PC and Sin, you guys are going to George Clinton right, RIGHT!?!? Well have to do a meet up there if so...

sin213
12-06-2008, 05:20 PM
dunno. i might go just cause ya'll are. i'll see after vegas and the holidays...then i'll have a chance to assess the funds situation.

Mr. Dylanja
12-06-2008, 05:21 PM
Sin, you HAVE TO GO!! George is unfuckingbelievable good times!

sin213
12-06-2008, 05:23 PM
what day is it again?

faxman75
12-06-2008, 05:27 PM
George was good when I saw him back in the late 90's. I'm lame and passing this time around. Calexico is in Tucson at the end of the month. I'll be there for that shizzznit.

sin213
12-06-2008, 05:31 PM
damn. you go all over the place just to see that band!

faxman75
12-06-2008, 05:38 PM
lulz mostly just Tucson. :)

sin213
12-06-2008, 05:42 PM
and flagstaff, and mexico and vegas.

faxman75
12-06-2008, 05:44 PM
lol never saw them in Mexico or Vegas. I would love to though. I'm fairly certain it's only been in Tucson and Phoenix.

sin213
12-06-2008, 05:45 PM
oh. was that the peacemakers then?

faxman75
12-06-2008, 05:46 PM
You might be confusing them with the other AZ band Roger Clyne and the Peacemakers. I saw them all over the god damn place but that novelty wore off and I don't like the latest record they put out. I did see Roger eating dinner with his wife last night on Mill Ave. though.

faxman75
12-06-2008, 05:48 PM
What are the chances you end up going to the roo? Totally depends on the lineup?

sin213
12-06-2008, 05:51 PM
yep. can't spend that much money on a plane ticket for just a few bands. i know roo has a lot of good stuff there for the most part, but i want to see at least 5 or 6 i'd really like to see on there.

coachella on the other hand is a quick easy drive. i don't care who's there...i'm goin.

faxman75
12-06-2008, 05:53 PM
I've had it up on the screen to buy the last two days and i'm still holding off. The only reason i'm conflicted is I have the money now but I'm not quite ready to pull the trigger. The ticket would lock it in though. I'm gonna see how I do in Vegas. I would like to get in on the presale, $40 savings is still a savings.

bakersfield
12-06-2008, 11:45 PM
Just saw The Gin Blossoms at the Mesa Arts Center.
Good show, they sounded great.
Nice to walk down memory lane with all those radio hits from the early to mid 90's.
Took my 8 year old. His first show & he enjoyed it.

Earlier in the week I got invited by my buddies at the New Times, to a private Jack Daniels party at the Venue of Scottsdale. Special guest was the Verve Pipe. Fun time...free Jack & free show!

sin213
12-07-2008, 04:40 PM
gin blossoms just played?? why didn't i hear about that show?

faxman75
12-07-2008, 05:01 PM
Because they don't hit anyone map these days. They play gran openings of strips malls and carnivals last I heard. They also get corporate gigs though. That band died with Doug Hopkins.

sin213
12-07-2008, 05:04 PM
they had some great songs. i probably woulda went to that show...

faxman75
12-07-2008, 05:08 PM
I agree but then Doug Hopkins died and the rest has been less than mediocre. I mean, I guess if you like Robin Wilson it all works out. :)

bakersfield
12-08-2008, 06:46 AM
gin blossoms just played?? why didn't i hear about that show?

It was very poorly advertised. A benefit show for the Anasazi Foundation. They sounded & played well.
Sure, they have not had a hit in over a decade, but still, it was a lot of fun.

sin213
12-08-2008, 08:26 AM
that sucks it was poorly advertised. i was gonna say though...i stay on top of who is coming to the valley and never heard of this show. oh well. i'll catch em again someday.

PC-2 Violence
12-08-2008, 09:41 AM
So third Thursdays has moved to somewhere in the street around Dos Gringos in south Scottsdale, Lit is playing this month. I also saw something about a free show for someone in the New Times but I can not remember who now.

Nofx Jan 31st @ Marquee. $25.

faxman75
12-08-2008, 09:48 AM
This site is pretty handy regarding all things entertainment.

http://eventful.com/

Put in your zip code and sign up and they send you a newsletter every once in a while.

faxman75
12-08-2008, 09:58 AM
Everything you may or may not want to know about these speed cameras. How much the fines are, the opposition towards them and so on.

http://www.azcentral.com/news/articles/2008/12/07/20081207camera1208.html

chairmenmeow47
12-08-2008, 10:02 AM
i am so sick of people SLOWING DOWN TO LESS THAN THE SPEED LIMIT near these cameras. they should get photographed for going 45, lol.

PC-2 Violence
12-08-2008, 10:05 AM
i am so sick of people SLOWING DOWN TO LESS THAN THE SPEED LIMIT near these cameras. they should get photographed for going 45, lol.

The 51 use to be fun, but now there are cameras almost every other exit so now every time you drive down it at night all you see is these damn flashes going off all night long.

TomAz
12-08-2008, 10:19 AM
Photoradar has been abundant in Scottsdale for years. now the rest of the valley is having to get used to it. It just takes a little practice to memorize where the cameras are. There's one set I pass every day to and from work, and often a van at a 2nd spot.

I hate it too but I cannot think of one principled reason to oppose it. "I like to drive fast" doesn't seem good enough.

locachica73
12-08-2008, 10:22 AM
I just heard from my superintendent out here that the FFA (i think those are the initials, the plane people) are now complaining because all the flashing is destracting to the pilots. So if you are driving around at night be careful of falling airplanes.

chairmenmeow47
12-08-2008, 10:44 AM
the only other reason i oppose them is that it makes for less cops on the street. a camera is not going to catch someone who's drunk, for example.

PC-2 Violence
12-08-2008, 11:08 AM
Photoradar has been abundant in Scottsdale for years. now the rest of the valley is having to get used to it. It just takes a little practice to memorize where the cameras are. There's one set I pass every day to and from work, and often a van at a 2nd spot.

I hate it too but I cannot think of one principled reason to oppose it. "I like to drive fast" doesn't seem good enough.

Lincoln.

Somewhat Damaged
12-08-2008, 11:18 AM
I just heard from my superintendent out here that the FFA (i think those are the initials, the plane people) are now complaining because all the flashing is destracting to the pilots. So if you are driving around at night be careful of falling airplanes.

I really doubt this is true. It's not like the lights are like supernova flashes. You shouldn't be so gullible, loca.

(And it's the FAA, btw.)

amyzzz
12-08-2008, 11:50 AM
Jacob as a company holiday party Saturday at Chase Field (!!). He told me last year the Gin Blossoms played, so I hope they come up with someone decent this year (I would've liked the Gin Blossoms but we skipped it last year to see Bjork in Vegas!).

When/where is that George Clinton thing again? Jacob likes him.

faxman75
12-08-2008, 11:52 AM
The Marquee. January I think.

Mr. Dylanja
12-08-2008, 11:52 AM
January 7th @ Marquee.

It's a Wednesday which is shitty because George will play to they make him stop. Last time it was 3 straight hours with no breaks at all, amazing!

captncrzy
12-08-2008, 11:53 AM
Tell your superintendent that pilots cant see those lights from an airplane and distinguish them from the other thousands upon thousands of lights on the ground.

faxman75
12-08-2008, 11:58 AM
Of course they can see the flashes. They are higher off the ground than runway lights and the planes are just about low enough to land over there too. We aren't talking about planes at 30K feet.

Mr. Dylanja
12-08-2008, 12:00 PM
On my mental plain it's all one bright light.

locachica73
12-08-2008, 12:01 PM
I just want them to go away so please don't rain on my happy parade. :)

amyzzz
12-08-2008, 12:01 PM
FYI, Tom, there are more fucking speed cameras on the fucking 10 than there are (or were, anyway) on the 101. And it fucking sucks when one made the fucking retarded decision to live way eastside and to work in central Phoenix. SUCKS.

TomAz
12-08-2008, 12:50 PM
FYI, Tom, there are more fucking speed cameras on the fucking 10 than there are (or were, anyway) on the 101. And it fucking sucks when one made the fucking retarded decision to live way eastside and to work in central Phoenix. SUCKS.

why so angry amy?

amyzzz
12-08-2008, 01:27 PM
I just hate the speed cameras. And I hate the people who slow the traffic way down under the speed limit around them. I know where they are, but they don't, and it is very annoying. Other than that, I'm pretty good today. :thu

Somewhat Damaged
12-08-2008, 02:12 PM
Of course they can see the flashes. They are higher off the ground than runway lights and the planes are just about low enough to land over there too. We aren't talking about planes at 30K feet.

Fine, maybe they can see them, but the FAA isn't complaining that pilots are being distracted by them. I'm barely distracted by them when I'm driving, so it's pretty fucking unlikely that someone piloting an aircraft is going to be like, "Oh, shit, what the fuck is that?!?" and crash because he saw some light flash on the freeway.

captncrzy
12-08-2008, 02:15 PM
I just called a pilot.

He said he doubts that pilots would even notice the lights due to A) the flight path (the landing flight path over Sky Harbor is over Buckeye/Lower Buckeye, not over I-10) and B) the direction the lights are aimed (the cars, not into the sky). If they did notice, they wouldn't be distracted by it-they see millions of lights on the ground.

He did say that those "movie premier" lights that are thrown up into the sky at night can be annoying-as were the strobe lights that they had coming out of the Luxor at one time.

faxman75
12-08-2008, 02:15 PM
I agree though I don't think she was being serious about planes crashing soon. That said, i'm done defending Audra.

You're on your own now chica!

lulz

locachica73
12-08-2008, 02:16 PM
I am never serious, even when I am serious. :)

sin213
12-08-2008, 02:56 PM
So third Thursdays has moved to somewhere in the street around Dos Gringos in south Scottsdale, Lit is playing this month. I also saw something about a free show for someone in the New Times but I can not remember who now.

Nofx Jan 31st @ Marquee. $25.

Lit, no thanx.

NOFX, fuck yeah!

bakersfield
12-08-2008, 10:08 PM
I know we are blessed with a very good NFL thread....
but..HOW 'BOUT THEM ARIZONA CARDINALS!!!!!!??
That is great stuff for our beloved Valley of the Sun!

PC-2 Violence
12-09-2008, 10:19 AM
Lit, no thanx.

NOFX, fuck yeah!

Please tell me whhhyyyyyyyyy

my car is on the front lawwwwnnnn

and immmmm

sleeepin with mah clothes onnnnnnnnn

mountmccabe
12-09-2008, 04:29 PM
I am going to the Suns game that starts in 31 minutes!

EDIT: 1 hour and 31 minutes, actually.

bakersfield
12-09-2008, 10:12 PM
I am going to the Suns game that starts in 31 minutes!

EDIT: 1 hour and 31 minutes, actually.

Good game to go to, Shaq kicked ass tonight!

locachica73
12-10-2008, 07:05 AM
I actually watched the game last night, not a bad one to catch. Tonight is the Lakers right?

*crosses fingers*

Mr. Dylanja
12-10-2008, 04:38 PM
For those of you who don't check the NBA thread, you probably don't care. For those that do, this is worth posting twice...

Raja Bell
Boris Diaw
Sean Singletary

for

Jason Richardson
Jared Dudley

amyzzz
12-10-2008, 04:53 PM
Am I dating myself when I say I remember when Boris Diaw and Raja Bell were good? I haven't watched The Suns play in a couple years.

Mr. Dylanja
12-10-2008, 05:00 PM
Just a tad and you haven't missed much, zzz's.

sbessiso
12-10-2008, 05:00 PM
GO HEAT!

Mr. Dylanja
12-10-2008, 05:02 PM
Sabeezy comes out of nowhere and starts talking sports???

You should like the Suns too, Salah, they're FLAMING!!