2014 Camping Info
The most popular way to experience Coachella is to camp on the polo grounds. All onsite camping areas are located on lush beautiful grass fields adjacent to the festival performance area.
- Free showers in ALL campground lots.
- Internet Cafe (w/free wifi)
- Cell phone charging cubes in ALL campground lots.
- General Store / Food & Beverage vendors
- Satellite store w/ice in all camp lots
- Portable toilets/hand washing stations in all camp lots
- Many camping activities (check back soon!)
- Farmers Market
- Supermarket Shuttles
Visit the Experience page for a complete list of things to do at the festival.
- All camping attendees MUST be 18 years of age or older & have a valid I.D. or be accompanied by parent or legal guardian. Sorry NO exceptions.
- Each camping attendee must have their OWN festival pass for entrance.
- Please note: Camping spot decals are non transferable by themselves. They will only work when scanned with the festival pass it was ordered with originally. If you bought multiple festival passes and one camping spot, the camping spot decal will only be valid when scanned with one of the festival passes from that order. This is to help thwart scalping of camping passes and making camping available to actual onsite campers.
- Onsite camping opens Thursday at 9:00am and closes on Monday at noon each weekend. Early arrival is highly recommended. Cars can check in at 9am on Thursday until 2am, and starting at 9am FRI-Sun (until 11PM). 24 hours for pedestrians.
- All general car & tent campers can visit each others camp sites.
- There will be on-site security at all times as well as first aid stations open 24/7. Do not leave valuables in your tent.
- Please be advised all car/tent only camping lots will be on lock down between the hours of 10pm and 2am nightly. Cars Camping will NOT be allowed to exit during those times. If you need to leave car camping prior to Sunday at 2am, you must do so before 10pm.
- Venue/Promoter are not responsible for any materials misplaced, lost or stolen. It is recommended you don’t bring valuable items or if you do, please lock them in your car for safety.
- NO Wrapped / Sponsored Vehicles. Your Car/Truck/Van/Vehicle will be turned away at the Toll Booth if it has Ads/Marketing/Sponsors/Company Logos on it. No branded/logo’d easy ups or tents allowed.
- All camping attendees are subject to search upon entry.
- Confiscated items are considered forfeited upon entry. There is NO guarantee of return regardless of what any random guard tells you.
- Feel free to bring your own food and beverages into onsite camping. Refer to FAQ’s below as to what is allowed.
- No camping between weekends
- No glass containers, weapons, drug paraphernalia or drugs allowed
- No animals will be allowed in the campground.
- No open flames (GPS we are not talking about you)
- No Tiki Torches / Fireworks / any types of explosives / ammunition
- NO METAL TENT STAKES
- No Drums/drumming/drum circles/percussion
- Campers are expected to behave in a manner that is courteous to other campers. Noise curfew at 1:30am
- Scroll down to read the frequently asked questions/answers about onsite camping.
Car & Tent Camping
Car Camping spots
Camp next to your car. You can have as many people camp in your spot as you can comfortably fit. Everyone camping in your spot must have a festival pass.
Car Camping spots are 10′x30′. All spots are good for the entire weekend. No saving spots – arrive together to camp together. One car per car camping spot required – no exceptions. If you’re driving in one car, you will only be able to occupy one camping spot, even if you have purchased more than one car camping spot.
One additional car camping companion parking pass per camping spot is available for purchase. Companion vehicles will not be allowed to park in your car camping spot. Companion car parking will be adjacent to the campgrounds and may or may not be in close proximity to your car camping spot.
Tent Camping spots
Standard tent camping in a 10×15 grass spot. You can have as many people camp in your spot as you can comfortably fit. Each tent camping spot comes with one overnight parking spot to leave your car. One additional camping companion parking pass per camping spot is available for purchase. Companion vehicles will not be allowed to park in your tent camping spot. Companion parking will be adjacent to the campgrounds and may or may not be in close proximity to your camping spot.
Each TENT ONLY CAMP SPOT is a
10×15 (150 square feet) plot.
Each tent camping spot comes with ONE
overnight tent camping parking spot.
This campsite offers ready to go 2 person Tee Pee or 4 person tent camping surrounding the serene setting of the redeveloped Lake Eldorado. Enjoy Coachella with flair. Get ready to start the moment you step onto the park-like scenery of your own private access camping community.
Partiers of Lake Eldorado get:
- 24 hour concierge service
- Lake side shade sails & benches w/umbrellas for group hangs
- Free mobile showers
- Separate check-in location
- Private access to porta potties & flushable toilets
- Vehicle in/out privileges (from 2am-10am)
- Close proximity to camping store and food vendors
- Games and activities through out the grassy grounds
Lake Eldorado will only be accessible for Lake Eldorado campsite guests.
Each cot comes with a sleeping bag and pillow which are yours to keep or we will donate to charity (Coachella Valley Rescue Mission).
Each reservation will also come with one designated parking spot in the adjacent lot. You will have in/out privileges daily from 2am -10am. If you leave during those hours and don’t make it back you will have to park in day parking and move your car later.
Feel free to bring chairs & other camping comforts to add to your spot.
Visit the BUY PASSES page of our website for price and to order.
Lake Eldorado Rules
- Lake Eldorado campers can visit all other general camp sites, however the Lake Eldorado campsite is restricted for its patrons exclusively.
- Each order will come with one parking pass in the adjacent parking lot with daily in & out privileges between 2am & 10am. If you have other guests arriving at a later time it is recommended you purchase a Companion Car Parking Pass in addition to your order. Companion Car Parking Pass is the only overnight parking option for additional guests. (no car ins/outs of that lot)
- Teepees & Tents are assigned on site, first come first serve. Arrive with the early bird campers to ensure your favorite location at Lake Eldorado.
- Damages to Tee Pees or Tents will be billed directly to your credit card.
- Please read car/tent camping page for additional camping specific rules and frequently asked questions.
- NO swimming in lake
- NO Pets
- NO Pop up tents
- NO campfires
- NO Tiki Torches
- NO Fireworks or any types of explosives
- NO smoking inside tents
This exclusive area includes your own offsite private check-in, fully furnished Shakir style tents with air conditioning, restrooms & showers, golf cart shuttles to and from the stages, free private parking lot adjacent to Safari Tent Camping, drop off area for your gear, breakfast and late night snacks, onsite concierge, dedicated security & secure fence lines, outdoor chairs, shade tents + outdoor lighting, games and more. These tents will be set up, fully furnished, and awaiting your arrival! Sold exclusively through Valley Music Travel.
FOR FULL DETAILS AND TO PURCHASE, VISIT VALLEY MUSIC TRAVEL
Tent campers, your spot is 10×15. Car Campers, your spot is 10×30. You must stay with in the lines. Don’t go outside the lines. DO NOT SLEEP IN THE FIRE LANES. Party
Feel free to bring your own food and beverages into onsite camping.
yes of course you can store it in a cooler.
remember NO GLASS NO GLASS NO GLASS
Nobody can sleep in any of the parking lots. Those are only for parking. Security will be patrolling.
Yes. Hopefully you can find it clearly marked on the festival map. It will most likely be near-ish to the entrance from camping to venue.
Yes, there will free bathrooms and free showers available. Separate M/F trailers (with individual privacy) and there will be handicap accessible facilities for both as well. ALL camping lots will have these.
YES FREE LOCATED IN EACH OF THE CAMPGROUND LOTS
Shower hours are 8am – 2 pm and 8pm to 2 AM
There will ALSO be a limited amount of showers running 24 hrs a day in the Lot 10 Shower Pod. So fresh and so clean clean.
Once you are parked in a camping area you may not move your vehicle for the duration of the festival. This is for your safety and the safety of your neighbors. However, if you need to leave early, please let security know, so they can help direct you out safely. Your car will NOT be admitted back in to the car camping area once it drives out. Given the configuration and the limitations of our site we need everyone to cooperate with the staff and park where directed and remain there. This is the only way that we can accommodate all ticket holders on the property. Please understand that when anyone disregards the parking and camping instructions it creates havoc that will ultimately impact everyone’s comfort and safety.
It’s really not all that complex. Just get to the event. There will be signs and/or you will be directed when you get there. Don’t stress about it.
Well you won’t be able to park next to each other if you don’t drive in together. However when the later party(s) arrive they can just park where the next spot is and can still walk over to your spot. Probably best to plan on meeting and arrive together as much as possible for your group. For tent only camping, same deal, you need to arrive together to assure being next to each other. The larger the group you are planning to camp with, the more you will have to plan for a larger number to get there at the same time. We’re confident you’ll figure out something that works best for your situation. There are NO guarantees you will be able to pull it off.
The most important thing for trying to make it work is to have your entire group arrive/drive in to the toll booth/search area together. As your cars leave that area you can continue on into a limited time waiting area lane. Once your entire group makes it to that area you then proceed to the lanes entering the camping lots and the camp counselors will direct you/your group. (let them know how many cars in your group, etc).
There will be camp counselors to help you if you get lost. But try to remember what area you are in, there will be multiple camping areas with big signs as well as street signs for camping row.
Yes: General Store (all items are CASH ONLY) Selling various sundry items which may include: Advil, Air Mattresses, Aloe Gel, Anacin, Band-Aids, Batteries A, AA, AAA, Benadryl, Bug spray, Chap stick, Cigarettes, Coachella merch (sweaters, tanks), Condoms, Disposable cameras, Ear plugs, Eye Drops, ICE, Lighters, Lotion, Tent Stakes, Mini/ Small Flashlights, Mini Deodorant, Mini Hand Sanitizer, Mini soap bars, Motrin IB, Mouthwash, Neosporin, Pepto, Rolaids, Sunscreen, Tampons, Rope, Tissue packets, Toothpaste/Toothbrush combo pack, Water, Tylenol, Wet-one Wipes, Tents, tent stakes etc. Open: 24 hours starting when camping opens until it closes on Monday
Yes: Food Court: (all items are CASH ONLY) Selling various food items which may include: BBC – Pizza, Coffee Drinks and Smoothies, fresh baked breakfast pastries, burgers, fries, chicken fingers, shakes, fresh lemonade, and more!. Open: MAIN GENERAL STORE open 24hrs and all other smaller camping locations open 7am-2pm (hours subject to change)
There will also be a FARMERS MARKET somewhat near the main general store (next to the “club house”, open each morning for onsite campers. mmmm goood
MAIN GENERAL STORE: open 24hrs
All other smaller camping locations: open 7am-2pm
(hours subject to change)
There will be coffee vendors there.
There are no outlets other than for charging cell phones at the Cyber Cafe in the middle of onsite camping. There will be other misc. charging box/cube stations in all the camping lots.
Closest to what? There will be ATMs around the general stores in the camping areas as well as inside the venue. That might make it onto the festival map too. You’ll find one if you need one.
All campground attendees must be 18 years of age or older with ID or if under 18, be accompanied by parent or legal guardian. Every camper must have their own festival pass.
Please note: An older sibling or older friend or friend of the family is not automatically your legal guardian. A legal guardian would be held legally responsible for you in a court of law. They generally are the ones who take care of the minor when the minors birth parents are: 1. no longer living 2. in jail 3. lost their legal parental rights.
Sure, as long as everyone has a festival pass you can have them come to your camping spot.
No. If you are car camping, you can sleep in your car, on your car, next to your car or other creative sleeping places as long as it’s not against the rules and is within your allotted camping spot. You can not sleep in your car in any parking lots including the companion camping parking lot. If you are tent camping you can sleep on the ground in your spot without a tent if you really want to. DO NOT SLEEP IN THE FIRE LANES.
The various camping areas are all adjacent. Wear comfy shoes though, this is a large festival with large surrounding camping areas.
A gas station is about 3.6 miles away at Monroe & HWY 111. Going down Monroe towards HWY 111 there is a drug store (closer than the gas station). There are several food places up and down along HWY 111.
Reasonable amount of beer (limited to 1 case of beer per person) (NO KEGS, NO GLASS, NO LIQUOR), for personal consumption only (NO VENDING), by folks who are of legal age (21), will be permitted to be brought onto the camping areas (not concert area). If, however, in the security’s judgment it appears that the amount of alcohol is excessive for the number of persons in the vehicle, or if anyone in the vehicle is under 21 years of age, the organizers reserve the right to deny entry of the vehicle and/or confiscate the alcohol. Kegs may not be brought onto the property. Please keep these things in mind and be sensible about how much you plan to bring in. Beer will be available for purchase on the concert field. Yes, boxed wine is ok to bring, too.
If you don’t have vending approval from the festival your items will be confiscated.
Email Coachella and ask. If it gets asked “frequently” we’ll add it to this page. And we will reply to your email too, unless it’s already answered here, then we will most likely ignore it.
Campfires, fire pits, fire cages or any other open flame device are not permitted anywhere on the festival site. In other words…. no.
The use of a outdoor cooking appliance is only permitted in the Car Camping areas. Cooking in the Tent Camping area is not permitted. The following are the requirements for the use of a outdoor cooking appliance:
1. All cooking appliances shall bear a certification or listing from a nationally recognized testing or certification organization.
2. Cooking appliances that only utilize propane as the fuel source shall be permitted. No wood, charcoal, flammable/combustible liquid cooking appliances permitted.
3. One cooking appliance per camp site shall be permitted.
4. Maximum amount of propane per campsite shall not exceed 20 pounds or 48 pounds of water capacity.
5. A minimum of 3 feet of clearance shall be maintained at all times while the cooking appliance is in use. No combustible material shall be within 3 feet of the cooking appliance.
6. Cooking appliances shall only be used during the hours of 7:00 am to 2:00 am PST.
7. Cooking appliances, when in use, shall not be left unattended.
The use of any type of heating appliance is not permitted in the Car Camping or Tent Camping areas.
There is a very limited amount of overnight Camping “companion parking” passes available for $30. Campers will only be allowed to purchase ONE additional companion parking pass (while supplies last) per camping pass purchased. This parking pass is for 1 extra car of people who are staying in your spot but need a place to park their car overnight. Companion parking will be adjacent to the campgrounds and may or may not (probably won’t) be in close proximity to your camping spot. Once these run out, there are no alternative overnight onsite parking options available. FOR REALZ.
There are no car ins/outs in the companion Camping parking lot. If you decide to drive out you will forfeit your spot and be re-directed to the day parking lots which do not allow overnight parking and you could be towed. SO DON’T LEAVE UNTIL YOU ARE LEAVING FOR GOOD.
People are expected to plan ahead and please carpool. This pass is only available for purchase when buying your Car/Tent Camping Pass. Party.
WE STRONGLY ENCOURAGE ALL COMPANION CAMPERS TO LOAD THEIR GEAR IN THE CAR THAT IS IN THE CAR CAMPING SPOT. (Trying to save you the long walk while dragging gear).
ALL VEHICLES WILL BE THOROUGHLY SEARCHED UPON ENTRY.
A legal guardian is a person who has the legal authority (and the corresponding duty) to care for the personal and property interests of another person, called a ward. Usually, a person has the status of guardian because the ward is incapable of caring for his or her own interests due to infancy, incapacity, or disability. Most countries and states have laws that provide that the parents of a minor child are the legal guardians of that child, and that the parents can designate who shall become the child’s legal guardian in the event of death.
A legal guardianship is obtained through court order, and the legal process for doing so is initiated by the prospective guardian.
Think about the responsibilities you will have. If you decide to be a guardian, talk to the social worker or probation officer in charge.
Or write a letter to the juvenile court judge. The letter should say:
Your name and address,
Your relationship with the child,
How long you have known the child, and
Why you want to be the child’s guardian.
If the judge chooses you as guardian, you’ll get a copy of the court order after the hearing.
Camping passes are non transferable by themselves. They will only work when scanned with the festival pass it was ordered with originally. If you bought multiple festival passes and one camping pass, the camping pass will only be valid with the one of the festival passes from that order. This is to help thwart scalping of camping passes and making camping available to actual onsite campers.
Need to buy groceries or stock up on sunscreen? Catch a free shuttle ride to a grocery store. Companion Parking lot 2, south east corner *From 7am-1pm Friday – Sunday.
*Times subject to change with out notice