Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: James Iha is on Board

Default James Iha is on Board

Well, who knows for certain but this is what others are saying.

http://www.lollapalooza.com/forum/tm...54345&mpage=10

from Lolla boards

Apparently James Iha is in. Someone on the netphoria boards I've been going to lately said he saw him in a club downtown a few nights back, in Chicago no less, and said he talked to him for awhile and finally asked him if he was on board. He replied he wasn't in for the album but would probably would be touring.

This is coming from a guy on the message board, yes I know, but he has also been on the board for years, so I guess it's someone respectable enough to not lie. Then again, who knows?

Just thought I'd share.

Default Re: James Iha is on Board

Ohhhh Menik
    Quote Originally Posted by RotationSlimWang View Post
    Say goodbye to that acid, Greg.

Erik is never wrong Bug.

The murder capital where we murder for capital

This is a false rumor. Just 5 days ago MTV.com reported the opposite.

Guitarist James Iha will not be participating in the reunion, according to sources close to the band, and it remains unclear whether bassist D'Arcy Wretzky will be involved in the Pumpkins' return.

Quote Originally Posted by faxman75 View Post
    This is a false rumor. Just 5 days ago MTV.com reported the opposite.

Guitarist James Iha will not be participating in the reunion, according to sources close to the band, and it remains unclear whether bassist D'Arcy Wretzky will be involved in the Pumpkins' return.
    well there ya have it then. I figured as much. Just wanted to relay what i heard.

Neither James or D'Arcy will be part of it, they already have replacements.

Quote Originally Posted by sighlent View Post
    Neither James or D'Arcy will be part of it, they already have replacements.
    and the names of these replacements please

I dunno...A Perfect Circle is supposedly done so maybe he will be in on it

I have a feeling I'm going to croak when I see how much tickets are going to be for their tour.

this is so lame....without james iha it might as well just be zwan playing smashing pumpkins songs. i felt like he was a big part of that band's identity, regardless of how much song writing he did. i wonder why he refuses to join the tour.

Iha DOES have his own band... The name of which escapes me at the moment. Regardless, I would only go to see the Billy Corgan, Jimmy Chamberlain and Replacements band to hear SP songs, and feel embittered about not seeing Iha's guitarwork live >>;
    Upcoming Shows:
    * Dillon Francis + Anamanaguchi -- December 28th

Going to Weekend 1 of Coachella 2014

Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Cara. Don't judge a man for not being able to formulate a coherent thought. On an internet forum of all places.

At first I thought the thread title said James Iha is on this board. That would've been interesting.

old school

Gheesh! just when I thought everyone was done with SP threads here comes another! Oh man how many times do I gotta say this, They're hit or miss live & thats with all the original members so I can only imagine what its gonna sound like with just Billy & Jimmy. They delivered once out of the 3 times I saw them live. Not a very good track record. I wouldn't pay $10 to see them play again.

every time i read this thread title I think it says "James Iha is on the board" meaning he posts here. Ha ha. I'd like a chance to verbally bitchslap him if he were.
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Benis23 View Post
    this is so lame....without james iha it might as well just be zwan playing smashing pumpkins songs. i felt like he was a big part of that band's identity, regardless of how much song writing he did. i wonder why he refuses to join the tour.
    I wouldn't see a Smashing Pumpkins tour without Iha. I saw them in 2000, a little while before they broke up and they were kind of boring even with him. Then again, the set was mainly Machina and Adore material... yeeeech

Wasn't me. I could care less about this pumpkin "reunion"....because it isn't actually a reunion to begin with....without D'arcy and James, this whole thing is just a fuckin joke. Billy is just trying to cash in on this whole reunion trend (done right by the Pixies, Bauhaus, Slint, Gang of Four, and many more). I'm done with this whole pumpkin thing.

I think what it boils down to is that a majority of people would enjoy seeing a SP reunion, which they are going to get this summer. Unfortunately, a majority of people don't want to see it happen without James Iha. No D'arcy and people would be ok with that. But no Iha and basically you have Guns N' Roses 2006.

Quote Originally Posted by Mabdul Doobakus View Post
    At first I thought the thread title said James Iha is on this board. That would've been interesting.
    I'm pretty sure that his alias is Holly Stanza.

Judgy McMarco TeamCoachellaHellYeah's Avatar

on board for what? I seriously doubt he is back with Bill and Jimmy.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Reviewers who note the size of the crowd are dumb fucks.
    COACHELLA's: 2001. 2002. 2003. 2004. 2005. 2006. 2007. 2008. 2009. 2010. 2011. 2012. 2013. 2014. 2015.

Quote Originally Posted by Benis23 View Post
    Yeah, I don't know. It's hard to tell how much input anyone else ever had in the pumpkins. I got the impression that Billy wrote 98% of all lyrics and music. I didn't mind zwan. Zwan playing pumpkins songs is what people kinda wanted and fans just hearing Billy do Pumpkins songs pissed off Billy in austrailia a while back so now we'll see what he is going to deliver. I like how he felt he had to make the announcement in the fucking newspaper a year ago. Like it's the stones or some shit. Funny. He's a cubs fan though so what do you expect.

Yeah, I don't know. It's hard to tell how much input anyone else ever had in the pumpkins. I got the impression that Billy wrote 98% of all lyrics and music. I didn't mind zwan. Zwan playing pumpkins songs is what people kinda wanted and fans just hearing Billy do Pumpkins songs pissed off Billy in austrailia a while back so now we'll see what he is going to deliver. I like how he felt he had to make the announcement in the fucking newspaper a year ago. Like it's the stones or some shit. Funny. He's a cubs fan though so what do you expect.

Funny shit right there. I agree with the lyrics and music bit. I'm sure at the start all 4 members put close to the same amount of input into the music. As time went on, it was Billy's band.

I wouldn't be surprised if this was billy's band from day 1. It came out tons during Siamies Dream that it was all his music. I remember back in like 95 me and my freind Mike would always talk about how Billy would be a kick ass olo artist. He said this after a Counting Crows concert that really pissed him off because he thought Duritz was the real deal until that live performance and then trashed his August and Everythign after cd. Anyway, we were wrong about Billy being good solo and very right abotu Duritz being the fake piece of shit he is.

Something about that Crows show, it was right when they got huge and were playing 2 sold out nights at the Riviera in chicago (holds about 1500 people) at the end of the night lights came on and the crowd changed bullshit for about 10 minutes because he didn't play Mr. Jones. The following night the cock decided that not only should he have to play the song that everyone came to see but as a big FU to the fans there night two, he played an accoustic version of Mr. Jones and immediately following the song said "ok for those of you that are here for that song, you can leave now".

I wouldn't be surprised if this was billy's band from day 1. It came out tons during Siamies Dream that it was all his music. I remember back in like 95 me and my freind Mike would always talk about how Billy would be a kick ass olo artist. He said this after a Counting Crows concert that really pissed him off because he thought Duritz was the real deal until that live performance and then trashed his August and Everythign after cd. Anyway, we were wrong about Billy being good solo and very right abotu Duritz being the fake piece of shit he is.

Something about that Crows show, it was right when they got huge and were playing 2 sold out nights at the Riviera in chicago (holds about 1500 people) at the end of the night lights came on and the crowd changed bullshit for about 10 minutes because he didn't play Mr. Jones. The following night the cock decided that not only should he have to play the song that everyone came to see but as a big FU to the fans there night two, he played an accoustic version of Mr. Jones and immediately following the song said "ok for those of you that are here for that song, you can leave now".
    I was dragged to the Crows by my ex at a show at The Aragon in Chicago and thought it was the worst show I ever saw. The Shins at Lolla took away that title last year and GNR took their title away in Nov.

As far as Billy being a good solo artist, he probably could have been back in 1995.

Out of curiosity was that Aragon show during the Recovering the Sattelites tour? I think I was there too. I decided to give Duritz another chance when that album came out. I discovered I get sick of his sogs quick.

Out of curiosity was that Aragon show during the Recovering the Sattelites tour? I think I was there too. I decided to give Duritz another chance when that album came out. I discovered I get sick of his sogs quick.
    it was that second album, not sure which that was. Anywho, there was some sorority girl (go figure at a Counting Crows show) that was singing every fucking song on the top of her screechy little voice. I actually told her about 45 minutes in to quote, "shut the fuck up!" I would say that anyone within 10 feet of us turned around and looked at me and said, "Thank you!!!" That was the only thing that was positive about that show.

Maybe Iha can play with Aha (Like play guitar to "Take on Me.")

youre funny...
    looking to purchase:big brother skateboarding magazine back issues. travis bean tb1000s electric guitars.

damn...for a second I got excited.

I guess this is a "tease thread."

That new Smashing Pumplins song Tarantula is amazing, but the guitar work does not sound like Iha.