Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Official KJEE Seaside Beach Ball Threadô

Banned

Default The Official KJEE Seaside Beach Ball Threadô

DISCLAIMER: Immediately leave the thread if you have a problem discussing or reading a discussion about bands/radio stations you may not like or enjoy.

Kjee's Seaside Beach Ball: Chris Cornell/Queens of the Stone Age & More
    Ventura County Fairgrounds, Ventura, CA
    Fri, Jun 8, 2007 03:30 PM
    35.00$ USD

Additional Information:
    KJEE's Seaside Beach Ball featuring Chris Cornell, Queens of the Stone Age, Sum 41, The Bravery, Plain White T's, Shiny Toy Guns, Silversun Pickups, Cold War Kids & more.

Alright, anyone ever been to this thing? How is the venue? Parking? Atmosphere [weather + people/attitudes]? Do they release set times for it? Who's going?

E

Default Re: The Official KJEE Seaside Beach Ball Threadô

Quote Originally Posted by DeltaSigChi4 View Post
    DISCLAIMER: Immediately leave the thread if you have a problem discussing or reading a discussion about bands/radio stations you may not like or enjoy.
    Chris Cornell sucks. Your radio station sucks.
    Quote Originally Posted by york707 View Post
    I can't tell a british accent from a gay accent.

Banned

You're both a traitor [to music] and tyrant [to this community].

E

A tyrant? You could find some people on here that feel a lot of things about me, but I doubt any of them feel reigned over.

Banned

Get out of the Official KJEE Seaside Beach Ball Thread™ you worthless son of a bitch.

E

Yeah, CC shouldn't perform for the next 3 years. He's losing it.

QOTSA would be good along with...

eh. It'd only be a Queens show for me. I'd leave promptly after they played.

I have no problem discussing things I don't like. I do it at great length. All the fucking time.

I'd go to this thing just to possibly get to hear Burden In My Hand or Fell On Black Days or anything by Soundgarden other than Black Hole Sun. Those tunes hold a lot of great H memories for me.

I used to live out by Ventura but I have no idea about the venue. Delta, dude, let's go and wreck shit hectic.
    Quote Originally Posted by schoolofruckus View Post
    Look, your parenting is yours and Randy's business alone.
    Fans of TheLastGreatMan Accessory Shop

Shitty line-up for the most part.

Banned

I need to know about the set times, because I'm traveling, but will not take this day off from work. Also, I will not go if I'll miss Silversun Pickups [if they open or play too early].

And I heard from somewhere that Cornell does do Soundgarden and Audioslave songs live. I went to a free show here in Vegas where he played but showed up too late to hear his set.

And I'm all for havoc/shit being wrecked.

E

Sum 41?

Why dont you go to BFD the very next day up in SF, waaaay better line up and its roughly the same price. Chris Cornell does Soundgarden and Audioslave material so I guess you can get your moneys worth out of it if thats what you want. The venue is all GA as you obviously figured out from buying your ticket. They have Warped Tour there every year and its able to handle crowds and does not get hot. Its not far from the beach and you can find street parking with no problem and just take a short walk to the venue. If you wanna know set times check the website or you could call/email them about it, I dont see the difficulty in that. And how tough is it to get there early when doors open? You seem to want the comfort of being able to show up 5 mins before the band you want to see so you dont have to wait around and extra 20 mins. Hope that helps....

Live 105 > KJEE

C

Sum 41 will be a great opportunity to start elbowing Ventura county pothead teenagers in their temples. Then me and Delt can bumrush the backstage and gangrape Avril.
    Quote Originally Posted by schoolofruckus View Post
    Look, your parenting is yours and Randy's business alone.
    Fans of TheLastGreatMan Accessory Shop

Quote Originally Posted by suprefan View Post
    Why dont you go to BFD the very next day up in SF, waaaay better line up and its roughly the same price. Chris Cornell does Soundgarden and Audioslave material so I guess you can get your moneys worth out of it if thats what you want. The venue is all GA as you obviously figured out from buying your ticket. They have Warped Tour there every year and its able to handle crowds and does not get hot. Its not far from the beach and you can find street parking with no problem and just take a short walk to the venue. If you wanna know set times check the website or you could call/email them about it, I dont see the difficulty in that. And how tough is it to get there early when doors open? You seem to want the comfort of being able to show up 5 mins before the band you want to see so you dont have to wait around and extra 20 mins. Hope that helps....

Live 105 > KJEE

C
    totally second this.

I like them and all, but is there a festival that the Silversun Pickups won't do?

Kjee's Seaside Beach Ball: Chris Cornell/Queens of the Stone Age & More
    Ventura County Fairgrounds, Ventura, CA
    Fri, Jun 8, 2007 03:30 PM
    35.00$ USD

Additional Information:
    KJEE's Seaside Beach Ball featuring Chris Cornell, Queens of the Stone Age, Sum 41, The Bravery, Plain White T's, Shiny Toy Guns, Silversun Pickups, Cold War Kids & more.

Alright, anyone ever been to this thing? How is the venue? Parking? Atmosphere [weather + people/attitudes]? Do they release set times for it? Who's going?

E

I live 5 minutes walking to the venue. It's a good venue. If its like the Ventura County Fair the acts will be on the racetrack, which is all dirt. if it's like the warped tour, it will be on the pavement grounds, directly next to the beach. the weather here has been shitty lately, lots of june gloom. Most of the weather here is beautiful. Probably won't get past 85 in June. 70s-low 80s id suspect. No LA smog either. Worth the trip up. Outside the venue is downtown ventura, where I live. Lots of bars to get drunk in after.

Crowds will be fine. Ventura is a total stoner location. Everyone will be chill, especially at a show like this.

35 bucks is enough for Queens by themselves, so i'm happily going to this. I've said it before on other threads, but i'll repeat myself...

If anyone wants to get shitty before the show at my place, all is welcome. Might be throwing a bit of a bash before we all walk down there. Should be good times!
    Then I will hold you down and spit her percolations all over you until you're as greasy as the day she regrets pushing your big fat ass out her big fat cunt.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by SojuGorae View Post
    Sum 41?
    Yes sir. You do realize that one doesn't have to see every act that plays right? Need I mention Jack's Mannequin and Fountains of Wayne??

E

Banned

Supre: Ventura is a lot closer to Las Vegas than San Francisco. One is driving distance, the other is a flight. The round-trip flight exponentially increases expenses, and astronomically adds to one's carbon footprint.

LGM: Moshing during SUM 41 is genius. During KROQ Weenie Roast they [security] stopped all moshing. They knew there were people who had plans like ours.

Mist: Carbon footprint.

Lucky: Hopefully, Insha Allah, there isn't, and they play Vegoose. Oh, and Arcade Fire as well.

Smile: I'd very much like to take you up on your offer. Just tell me which drinks to bring.

E

Yes sir. You do realize that one doesn't have to see every act that plays right? Need I mention Jack's Mannequin and Fountains of Wayne??

E
    Need you mention that Fountains of Wayne bring the rawk up against Jack's Mannequin and Sum 41?

And don't try to tell me that you didn't like Stacy's Mom. It's physically impossible not to like that song at a certain point in your lifetime.

Aside from the fact that the Plain White T's, the Bravery, Shiny Toy Guns, and Sum 41 are playing, I might go.

Silversun Pickups, Cold War Kids, QOTSA, Chris Cornell, looks good to me...and although Chris Cornell may not be everyone's favorite right now, in my opinion, he has arguably one of the greatest voices of the 90s and I would like to experience that at least once.

Don't forget Thrice...speaking of bands you don't have to see

I would totally love to go to this show too but it's the same day as The Faint at the Soma in San Diego

Quote Originally Posted by RockStr4Life View Post
    Don't forget Thrice...speaking of bands you don't have to see
    And where did this come from? Oh no you din't!

i actually LOVE this venue...its where the warped tour takes place and its perfect weather and pretty nice lot...im still debating if im goin on not but id like to

E
    This is what I was referring to when I said don't forget Thrice as acts you don't have to see...Coachella 2006...I napped during Thrice. And yes, I did.

who's sponsoring this festival? satan?

Wait doesn't KJEE do another festival in the summer at the Santa Barbara Bowl??? I remember I went to it last year, The Strokes and Franz Ferdinand headlined if I remember correctly?
    Quote Originally Posted by superfan View Post
    And I have a dick for you to eat if youre hungry still.

Quote Originally Posted by RockStr4Life View Post
    This is what I was referring to when I said don't forget Thrice as acts you don't have to see...Coachella 2006...I napped during Thrice. And yes, I did.
    2005, yeah and you suck.

Quote Originally Posted by ThomThom View Post
    Wait doesn't KJEE do another festival in the summer at the Santa Barbara Bowl??? I remember I went to it last year, The Strokes and Franz Ferdinand headlined if I remember correctly?
    Its the same thing, the venue/location changed thats all.

haha I suck for not liking Thrice? Fuck Thrice

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by woogie846 View Post
    Need you mention that Fountains of Wayne bring the rawk up against Jack's Mannequin and Sum 41?
    Are you serious? FoW? WTF. If Coachella wanted to bring the fucking ROCK they would've put Dragon-MOTHERFUCKING-force on that bitch.

Quote Originally Posted by woogie846 View Post
    And don't try to tell me that you didn't like Stacy's Mom. It's physically impossible not to like that song at a certain point in your lifetime.
    Never heard of it.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueDevil50 View Post
    i actually LOVE this venue...its where the warped tour takes place and its perfect weather and pretty nice lot...im still debating if im goin on not but id like to
    You need to go. Help drink all of whynotsmile's alcohol.

E