Voters
72. You may not vote on this poll
  • L'avenir Festival

25 34.72%
  • Muertos Festival

47 65.28%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CREATE A FESTIVAL - ROUND 2 - L'AVENIR FESTIVAL VS. MUERTOS FESTIVAL

Default CREATE A FESTIVAL - ROUND 2 - L'AVENIR FESTIVAL VS. MUERTOS FESTIVAL

Round 2 - L'avenir Festival vs. Muertos Festival

Welcome to round 2 of the create a festival contest. Here the match ups last 4 days instead of 3, in hopes of people taking their time and putting some thought into their vote, because it's pretty important by this time.

So take some time to look past headliners, listen and explore the smaller bands, and take whatever else into account and then cast your vote. Each winner of a round 2 match up will BE REQUIRED to submit set times for the next round. I'll be contacting each winner personally to give them more info on that and the time frame. Failure to submit set times results in you being forced out of the tourney.

Remember, no alias (or those I suspect are aliases) votes, and no one under 100 posts is allowed to vote either. Enjoy.

L'avenir Festival:

Muertos Festival:

Default Re: CREATE A FESTIVAL - ROUND 2 - L'AVENIR FESTIVAL VS. MUERTOS FESTIVAL

OMGWTFBBQ! RHCP & 311 ugh!
    Last edited by idrive1life; 05-17-2007 at 05:14 PM.
    Coachella 2015 Food Wish List
    Food Trucks: Germany's Famous Bratwurst, Fist of Fusion, Komodo, Oooh LaLa Crepes, Ludo Truck, Seoul Sausage, Vizzi Truck, Kogi BBQ

Restaurants: L' Atelier Cafe, Pho Vu, Le Vallauris, Tropicale, Pomme Frite, Tutti Frutti Frozen Yogurt, Crave, Cafe Scandia, Swiss Donut

WORLD of BEER
    Bring Back The Following:
    KazuNori, At Night + Market Song, Beer Belly, Mexicali, Crossroads, Baco Mercat, Stumptown

Quote Originally Posted by psychic friend View Post
    when does set times come out?

Gummi bear sultan miscorrections's Avatar

Default Re: CREATE A FESTIVAL - ROUND 2 - L'AVENIR FESTIVAL VS. MUERTOS FESTIVAL

oingo boingo would be fun, but muertos' in the tomb idea has me hooked.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    Has anyone gone on a date with a sandwich recently? What base did you get to? Ham?

Passives poster is up, dun dun dun!!

muertos is going to be very hard to beat

For sure, I already have an idea of the "Final 4" at this point. (In The Tomb) is one of the best ideas for sure.

Coachella Junkie schoolofruckus's Avatar

As much as I've always wanted to see Sigur Ros play inside a Mayan temple.....the Muertos line-up sucks shit through a straw overall. John Williams? Kylie Minogue? Violent Femmes?
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    The childless 20-something year olds on the board who find a 50 something year old man fucking teenage prostitutes distasteful will probably change the hum of their tune once they produce babies, definitely. That's the missing link.

Aww I kinda like the Violent Femmes.

who the fuck is Zero 7 and why are they billed higher than GORILLAZ?

Muertos may be hard to beat, but L'avenir has some inspired choices (RHCP and Tool are not headliners I want to see, but there's still plenty else there I want to see). L'avenir gets my vote.

I do agree that the "In The Tomb" idea is brilliant, and it's hard voting against most of Sunday's acts in particular, but again to me, L'avenir has some inspired choices.

Quote Originally Posted by ewiggy View Post
    who the fuck is Zero 7 and why are they billed higher than GORILLAZ?
    What do you mean who is Zero 7? And yes I think this is a problem billing wise for sure. And putting them below 311 is a no no. And yeah Muertos gets my vote, I wanna be "In The Tomb" and besides I speak spanish so this helps on any problems traveling and its pretty much my backyard since my family is from Guatemela and the whole Mayan Temple thing takes me back to that kinda thing. Oh and the food would be killer, also the best coffee too.
    Last edited by suprefan; 05-17-2007 at 05:50 PM.

muertos wins in the aesthetics department, that's for sure. l'avenir gets props for zero 7, but sunday's lineup makes no sense whatsoever. so i can come at three and leave at seven? is that what you're trying to tell me?

sorry. just trying to provide some perspective here. good luck with this.

the billing for Stroke 9 is humorous being as they can't sell out a lounge bar in San Francisco.
    *based upon tedious fact checking.

I think Passive was going with what he liked and not with what would attract an audience in terms of draw.(unless I am wrong. Passive, explanations please)

muertos = cuz it would be heaven going from kylie to underworld

how sad. i'd rather fly all the way to mexico than drive a couple of hours south to ToC, NM. id' still go to L'avenir, since it'd be so close.
    Upcoming: 04/11/14-04/13/14 - Coachella Weekend One; 04/18/14-04/20/14 - Coachella Weekend Two; 08/19/14 - NIN/Soundgarden (Isleta Amphitheater - Albuquerque, NM)

it was a really tough choice but i really like muertos overall.

i have a personal problem with madvillian featuring danger mouse though.
    madlib is all you need.

Quote Originally Posted by schoolofruckus View Post
    As much as I've always wanted to see Sigur Ros play inside a Mayan temple.....the Muertos line-up sucks shit through a straw overall. John Williams? Kylie Minogue? Violent Femmes?

dont forget Frankie Goes to Hollywood!
    ass on the grill

Alright lemme explain what I was trying to go for...

What I wanted to do, for each of the three nights, was to capitalize on a near-specific genre of music that I like, for example:

Night 1 - Pop-Rock (The Offspring, Stroke 9, Nine Black Alps, Nightmare of You, The Automatic)
    Night 2 - Ambient Music/Trip Hop (Zero 7, Thievery Corporation, Hooverphonic [who apparently I'm the only fan of on this board... oh well], Broken Social Scene, Mazzy Star)
    Night 3 - Rap/Hip-Hop (Nas, Tricky, Madvillain ft. DangerMouse [which I admit is my way of squeezing in a Madvillain performance AND a DangerDoom performance], and Lupe Fiasco)

I originally had Living Colour instead of 311, but Brandon pointed out to me that they're broken up, so I rushed my second choice for someone to play before RHCP.
    Upcoming Shows:
    * Dillon Francis + Anamanaguchi -- December 28th

Going to Weekend 1 of Coachella 2014

Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Cara. Don't judge a man for not being able to formulate a coherent thought. On an internet forum of all places.

I'd like to know how that 'tomb' exactly looks like, but regardless to that I like the Muertos lineup overall.

Dia de Los Muertos has a WAY better and catchier name. And a sweet poster.
    And... the Violent Femmes.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    And it's been long established that Chris hates fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatinisbad View Post
    I took my niece this year and it was her first Coachella. It was so fun to see it through her eyes. She thought it felt like a magical scene from Shreck. The one where all the fairy tale creatures meet for the first time in Shreck's swamp.

apparently i am the only one who has never heard of zero 7.

Yeah, Zero 7 is pretty awesome. But they do not deserve billing over Gorillaz who is a headliner on the other festival. Then again I suppose I'm not the one to go to for billing purposes.

L'Avenir seems like a Kroq festival to me. Not sure why. The poster is ace though.

Muertos has too much good going on. Esspecially some choice hip hop acts.
    ------------------
    "Mr. Toad's Wild Aidz."

Quote Originally Posted by suprefan View Post
    I think Passive was going with what he liked and not with what would attract an audience in terms of draw.(unless I am wrong. Passive, explanations please)
    Believe me, if I wanted to even remotely touch that approach, my poster would be less KROQ and more Pretentiofest 07'.
    Upcoming Shows:

Cara. Don't judge a man for not being able to formulate a coherent thought. On an internet forum of all places.

these both suck. I wouldn't buy a ticket to either one.
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

Coachella Junkie

Muertos is awesome. I'm loving the Overseer on day 2. Very nice, I want to see him live bad.

Quote Originally Posted by PassiveTheory View Post
    Believe me, if I wanted to even remotely touch that approach, my poster would be less KROQ and more Pretentiofest 07'.
    If I explained how I put mine together just inspiration wise, you wouldnt believe me.

I wish I didn't know who was behind both of these. It's making neutrality a lot more difficult.

Both of the posters are gorgeous. Both lineups are real mixed bags with some good and some bad. I don't understand the name of L'Avenir: why is it in French? It's cute that it's in Truth or Consequences, but I don't understand the language choice. I like Big Sky and Cityscape more than both of these.

I'll think about this more later.

It's in French because I figured everyone else would either do English or Spanish names and themes. That and I can actually speak French.
    Upcoming Shows:

mine is gaelic.