Thread: do i need to drive? & how much $?

Default do i need to drive? & how much $?

im planning on onsite camping but i dont drive nor do i have a car. i'm planning on taking a taxi (or is there a shuttle or bus that takes you to the campground/festival?) from the airport. im wondering if im going to need a car to survive the weekend. is the festival of walking distance from the onsite camping and do i need to drive to get food or whatever?

also, how much cash should i bring for all three days?

Default Re: do i need to drive? & how much $?

What airport are you flying into? If you are flying into Palm Springs you should be ok on a Taxi or shuttle bus, you wouldnt need a car unless you knew you had to get around places. The campgrounds are right next to the venue so its like maybe a 10 minute walk to the gates to get in from your tent... I myself am bringing $400 to spend, so thats a little over 100 a day. I woudl say its safe to budget $100 a day, just in case. You never know..

Quote Originally Posted by suprefan View Post
    What airport are you flying into? If you are flying into Palm Springs you should be ok on a Taxi or shuttle bus, you wouldnt need a car unless you knew you had to get around places. The campgrounds are right next to the venue so its like maybe a 10 minute walk to the gates to get in from your tent... I myself am bringing $400 to spend, so thats a little over 100 a day. I woudl say its safe to budget $100 a day, just in case. You never know..
    yea palm springs. do you have any idea how much a taxi would cost me?

$400?! and here i was thinking i'd survive with $150. im low on budget and am only planning on spending money on food when absolutely necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by crooked View Post
    yea palm springs. do you have any idea how much a taxi would cost me?

$400?! and here i was thinking i'd survive with $150. im low on budget and am only planning on spending money on food when absolutely necessary.
    yeah, same here dude. im planning on using very little money. 100 for the ticket, 35 for the camp, and i bought a hot dog, so about 10?
    but that was for a day, three days? i dont know, thats different. good luck man.