View Poll Results: Britannic Bold Festival vs. Neapolitan Festival

Voters
93. You may not vote on this poll
  • Britannic Bold Festival

23 24.73%
  • Neapolitan Festival

70 75.27%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: CREATE A FESTIVAL - ROUND 2 - BRITANNIC BOLD FESTIVAL VS. NEAPOLITAN FESTIVAL

Default CREATE A FESTIVAL - ROUND 2 - BRITANNIC BOLD FESTIVAL VS. NEAPOLITAN FESTIVAL

Round 2: Britannic Bold Festival vs. Neapolitan Festival

Welcome to round 2 of the create a festival contest. Here the match ups last 4 days instead of 3, in hopes of people taking their time and putting some thought into their vote, because it's pretty important by this time.

So take some time to look past headliners, listen and explore the smaller bands, and take whatever else into account and then cast your vote. Each winner of a round 2 match up will BE REQUIRED to submit set times for the next round. I'll be contacting each winner personally to give them more info on that and the time frame. Failure to submit set times results in you being forced out of the tourney.

Remember, no alias (or those I suspect are aliases) votes, and no one under 100 posts is allowed to vote either. Enjoy.

Britannic Bold Festival:

Neapolitan Festival:

Default Re: CREATE A FESTIVAL - ROUND 2 - BRITANNIC BOLD FESTIVAL VS. NEAPOLITAN FESTIVAL

ugh, I need to have my eyes checked

Default Re: CREATE A FESTIVAL - ROUND 2 - BRITANNIC BOLD FESTIVAL VS. NEAPOLITAN FESTIVAL

The Strokes, Pendulum, Enicco Morricone, The Avalanches, and Jeff Beck are most definitely not bigger than AC/DC.

edit: and also, how are stooges fourth line with muse, arcade fire, and etc above them?

and where/when is neapolitan?

Also, I would love to go to either of these someday.
    Last edited by Hannahrain; 05-13-2007 at 10:50 AM.

^ ha ha (Erik) Fugazi ... Waikiki has some good company but I'm voting for the other one.
    Coachella 2015 Food Wish List

Food Trucks: Germany's Famous Bratwurst, Fist of Fusion, Komodo, Oooh LaLa Crepes, Ludo Truck, Seoul Sausage, Vizzi Truck, Kogi BBQ

Restaurants: L' Atelier Cafe, Le Vallauris, Tropicale, Pomme Frite, Tutti Frutti Frozen Yogurt, Crave, Cafe Scandia, Swiss Donut

Bring Back The Following:
    KazuNori, At Night + Market Song, Beer Belly, Mexicali, Crossroads, Baco Mercat

the Arcade Fire were a late add to the headliners, list, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by SoulDischarge View Post
    See how wrong you are, Tommy? Randy is agreeing with you.

i'd go to neopolitan, but i don't know where it is.

Also this is a pretty tough one.
    Quote Originally Posted by SoulDischarge View Post
    See how wrong you are, Tommy? Randy is agreeing with you.

echo & the bunnymen sold me on neo..
    2001, 2004, 2007, 2009

2013 EDM wishlish (please):

classixx, stanton warriors, logistics, jefr tale
    spencer & hill, bent, eric prydz, mike realm, nick thayer
    kruder & dorfmeister, young punx, phonat, treasure fingers
    Kraak & Smaak, sergio & benoit, kris menace, bassjackers, DJ Craze
    DIGITALISM, knifeparty, chemical brothers, bassbintwins, seth troxler

Poster design would go to Britannic Bold. In addition, I love that this festival offers both Bob Dylan and David Bowie (and another plus for including The Hold Steady).

However, this is a tough decision as Neapolitan's July 6th is one of my favorite single days so far (in all festivals submitted). It gets further points for having Guillemots and Cold War Kids the second day and Echo and the Bunnymen the third day.

I'd like to see both of these move on, even though I have no idea where I'd be going if Neapolitan won, but I can't pass up a chance to see Dylan and Bowie the same weekend (Leonard Cohen also), and thankfully there is also ATCQ, Asobi Seksu, and The Magnetic Fields for me to see when I'm skipping Michael Jackson. Britannic wins barely.

This is a more evenly-matched comp than any of the others. I enjoy Neapolitain ice cream's line-up more, though. Moenia. Lol.

despite the fact that neither entrant knows how to spell the names of several of the artists they have booked, i'm going with neopolitan but just barely. "britannic" (wtf?) has a good lineup but i'm not following the order here. these acts are nowhere near where they should be on the poster. you should maybe look into that next time.

actually, now that i look at it again, neopolitan is guilty of this too. stooges, sonic youth, yo la tengo, and tvotr should all be billed higher on saturday. the bunnymen should be higher on sunday.

moenia and mana? eww. but i'll vote for it anyway, because there's already another good Bowie festival I can ride out.
    Upcoming: 04/11/14-04/13/14 - Coachella Weekend One; 04/18/14-04/20/14 - Coachella Weekend Two; 08/19/14 - NIN/Soundgarden (Isleta Amphitheater - Albuquerque, NM)

saw those ton of typos (or incorrect spelling) too - I gave Brandon and Erik hard time on that one

I only made one of the posters here (though I would of loved to have done more)...so don't blame me on typos

ha ha ... I know (but actually - in the one that did'nt make it ... I saw only one)!

I need to think more about this one. Both festivals have some huge draws for me. Initial impression is that Britannic is winning for me when it comes to headliners, but Neapolitan is making headway for its lower-billed musicians.

can we get a fixed poster for neapolitan that has a frigging location? or can the person just tell erik where it is and have him post it here?

otherwise i don't think i can vote.

Quote Originally Posted by ewiggy View Post
    can we get a fixed poster for neapolitan that has a frigging location? or can the person just tell erik where it is and have him post it here?
    Maybe it's in Naples.

Mana above Iggy & the Stooges? I know Iggy&The Stooges kinda suck nowadays but they are not THAT bad.. I don't get the Moenia above Echo & the Bunnymen and Sonic Youth thing either. Conflicts on Saturday will suck but I can skip the 'big names' on sunday to enjoy the rest of shows, I guess.

And in the other poster, see AC/DC and A Tribe Called Quest billed so low piss me off

I think it's a secret location (somewhere in Italy).

Coachella Junkie

I'm personally not too fond of either one, but voted for Brittanic because it had Plaid. I would kill to see them.

In Brittanic poster .. why is 6 at the top? (and 7 & 8 too big) j/k (I'm not voting vs. graphic/posters quality ... it's only after voting that I look very closely again and RE-inspect the poster font, typos, background design, location etc... ).
    Last edited by idrive1life; 05-13-2007 at 12:05 PM.

This took a little thinking, but Neo on Saturday is mecca uber good.

i love the colors on neapolitan

agreed, erik

So where is it going to be held?

Btw, I love the (rule breaking) saturday lineup so I forgave it for breaking a rule.

Brittanic Bold is trying to be creative, break the typical festival mold, make its own mark.. and I like that. Plus it has Eek-A-Mouse! but pairing Neil Young and James Taylor together is like trying to blend oil and water. the only things those two have in common is that they both play guitar.

Neapolitan's poster is severely lacking, it's uglier than Clockwork's poster, and it leaves off stuff like where the festival actually is. (Is it in Naples? Florida or Italy?). But I would give a million dollars to see Saturday's lineup, and Friday's is damned good too. If I went to this (assuming I could figure out where it was), I'd probably sell my Sunday ticket.

Neapolitan for the close win.
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    If I went to this (assuming I could figure out where it was), I'd probably sell my Sunday ticket.

Chameleons alone is worth any admission price....but i agree. The rest of Sunday is a bit lacking compared to the quality of the 1st two days
    Quote Originally Posted by JustSteve View Post
    well, for all intensive porpoises it is, will sell out within seconds tomorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by korbinn View Post
    It's jsut dawned on me that I'm overly confident and a extremely ocd perfectionist.

Heh... Well I've never considered Arcade Fire a headlining-capable band (even though they do line) much in the line of Muse, the Killers, White Stripes and the Beastie Boys...

Neaopolitan wins my vote because, unlike Britannic Bold, I actually want to see some of it's lineup... And the design is cooler.
    Upcoming Shows:
    * Dillon Francis + Anamanaguchi -- December 28th

Going to Weekend 1 of Coachella 2014

Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Cara. Don't judge a man for not being able to formulate a coherent thought. On an internet forum of all places.