Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ever been to Mesa, AZ?

Default Ever been to Mesa, AZ?

What's it like? Is it awesome? Is it a hole? Just wonderin.

Banned

Default Re: Ever been to Mesa, AZ?

Méjico > Arizona

E

My avatar is Mesa Ampitheatre which is in downtown Mesa. I was there last night.

I don't know Mesa real well. To me it's kind of a non-descript family type suburb. I only really go there to go to Mesa Amp, Hollywood Alley or to visit friends that live there. And if I'm going to stop for food/etc on the way/way back or we're going to do something more exciting than just going to dinner we generally go to Tempe or such.

Though as stated I don't live there. Others that do may have different impressions.
    Quote Originally Posted by SoulDischarge View Post
    See how wrong you are, Tommy? Randy is agreeing with you.

Drive to Old Town Scottsdale. That's my advice to you if you are going to Mesa.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyface View Post
    Drive to Old Town Scottsdale. That's my advice to you if you are going to Mesa.
    What for exactly?

That's where the nightlife is. Assuming you are into that sort of thing.

Mesa's just a suburb. Old houses, new houses, the Mormon Temple. That's about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by miscorrections View Post
    I think the safest course is to assume everyone is a fucking nightmare and proceed from there.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.

Mesa is pretty boring. Half a million people, most of them drab white conservative republican drones. Though it has a few seedy parts, mostly around the borders of Apache Junction. Sadly those are the only parts with any character at all.

I live in Mesa and I honestly can't think of a single distinguishing attraction, point of interest or anything at all, really, that would warrant a visit. Other than me and mrs zzz of course.
    Woe to you, my Princess, when I come... you shall see who is the stronger, a gentle little girl who doesn't eat enough or a big wild man who has cocaine in his body. - SF

Mesa is the second-largest Mormon city in the US after Salt Lake. It's a suburb but it's huge, it's like 25 miles east to west and has a pop of half a million. the older (western) part of town is pretty drab. the not-as-old (middle) part of town has a lot of trailer parks. the newer (eastern) part of town has some 'nice' areas, by which I mean gated communities to keep the rest of Mesa out.

Mesa is probably the most conservative town in Arizona, itself a very conservative state. I'm talking no-tax, no-government conservative. For example, there have been serious proposals from Mesa legislators to do away with Medicaid.
    Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    HAY CAN SOMEONE DRIVE DOWN TO THE FESTIVAL GROUNDS AND SEE IF THE BEER BARN IS REALLY A BARN?

Mesa is one of the few towns in the Phoenix metro area that I will NEVER live in. Tom hit on a lot of the reasons why. It just looks old, and run down, for the most part. There are some nice "pockets", but those are few and far between.
    Only reason I go to Mesa is to see shows, and visit some family that live there. Other than that, I stay clear.

Fountain Hills = privileged,white,well-read

rest of AZ = undesirables
    Quote Originally Posted by RotationSlimWang View Post
    Say goodbye to that acid, Greg.

Someone should hack the diebold gibson and put some good liberal folks in charge of mesa for a few years. First order of business: Open Season on snow birds is between march 31st and october 31st.
    Woe to you, my Princess, when I come... you shall see who is the stronger, a gentle little girl who doesn't eat enough or a big wild man who has cocaine in his body. - SF

Let me get out my shotgun.
    Quote Originally Posted by chairmenmeow47 View Post
    i fucking hate women with their lives together who try and help other people. where are the needy bitches at?!

Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    Let me get out my shotgun.
    I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.

That is definitely an
    i fucking hate women with their lives together who try and help other people. where are the needy bitches at?!

That is definitely an
    Watch for the mormon temple to convert, transformers style, into a giant galactic space robot. They might escape. Be ready with the lasers.

i feel like i'm eavesdropping on Mr and Mrs Zzz at the breakfast table.
    HAY CAN SOMEONE DRIVE DOWN TO THE FESTIVAL GROUNDS AND SEE IF THE BEER BARN IS REALLY A BARN?

Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Does chicken ramen at 11:30 count as breakfast?

Someone at work gave me something with chicken in it. Something like a tamale. Man, it was good.

*giggle*
    Quote Originally Posted by RotationSlimWang View Post
    Say goodbye to that acid, Greg.

I made a thai stew with chicken last night. it was good.

Quote Originally Posted by bug on your lip View Post
    *giggle*
    lamedar, p*i*n*g thyself.

Mesa is the second-largest Mormon city in the US after Salt Lake. It's a suburb but it's huge, it's like 25 miles east to west and has a pop of half a million. the older (western) part of town is pretty drab. the not-as-old (middle) part of town has a lot of trailer parks. the newer (eastern) part of town has some 'nice' areas, by which I mean gated communities to keep the rest of Mesa out.

Mesa is probably the most conservative town in Arizona, itself a very conservative state. I'm talking no-tax, no-government conservative. For example, there have been serious proposals from Mesa legislators to do away with Medicaid.
    You have got to be kidding me. Arizona is a no-tax, no-government state? Actually, it's pretty much becoming a police state, with an increasing number of laws on the books meant to control, fine, and sometimes jail the populace with laws about petty crap.

I don't know about Mesa in particular, but Arizona itself is far from hands-off government.
    Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Archie Bunker View Post
    You have got to be kidding me. Arizona is a no-tax, no-government state? Actually, it's pretty much becoming a police state, with an increasing number of laws on the books meant to control, fine, and sometimes jail the populace with laws about petty crap.

I don't know about Mesa in particular, but Arizona itself is far from hands-off government.
    These are neo-conservatives. They like big government and spending.

Quote Originally Posted by Archie Bunker View Post

Arizona is hardcore about certain things (drugs, immigration, and now smoking) but not very interested in other functions of government (schools, roads, healthcare, the poor).

Go Arizona... (argh)
    Why do we live here again?

Prediction:
    Meth smoking in-the-garage, no holds barred threesome starring Tomaz and the zzzs (after the kids are in bed.)
    COCKSUCKER!

Go Arizona... (argh)
    Why do we live here again?
    We may be crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Calamity Jane View Post
    Prediction:
    Meth smoking in-the-garage, no holds barred threesome starring Tomaz and the zzzs (after the kids are in bed.)
    my garage is full of boxes and a car.

Banned