Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Thread for Me And Pot To Go Va-Tech On Each Other

Default Re: Thread for Me And Pot To Go Va-Tech On Each Other

Don't mean "wishing you a beatuful death," FOI? How you been, you hateful slag, you?

No I don not have a child, certainly not, but I do fully intend to. I love my father's genes too much to let them die 'cause it doesn't look like my siblings are going to be much help.

Finding a correlary between domestic abuse and drinking or meth ain't too hard, no. But once again, we have to offset it with what bad things are sober people up to? I mean, the Bush administration is probably pretty drug-free, ain''t it? For all we know, that might even be remotelyh accurate, I just sayin'--all shapes and sizes, my friends.

And no, I do not have a child. If I did and I was continuing to put myself on a dangerous path despite the knowledge that it might mean my child losing their father, well then I most definitely would be an asshole. I didn't like killing my father, and I'd like to hope none of my children would have to deal with my death in a similar fashion, but they will at some point or another so fuck it--builds charcter.

Frankly, I just hope both me and the (eventual) kid live long enough for me to show him the ropes of the realm of psychoactives--which drugs are worth doing, how much coke sucks, why to just not bother with heroin in the first place, etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by schoolofruckus View Post
    Look, your parenting is yours and Randy's business alone.
    Fans of TheLastGreatMan Accessory Shop

Mine and Jeff's habits had quite a bit of similarity.
    I didn't mean to lump Jeff in with myself, but our boats must be at least a little bit similar otherwise.
    I know him for real. You only know what he wanted to tell you which I know were just bits and pieces of truth and lies mixed together. He can't even tell the difference anymore. I highly doubt your situation and his addiction are at all similar. He is an addict and will always be one. He will never be able to just dip in. I personally don't even think his latest blow will help him manage a life without herioin. He will recover and get used to everything being normal again and go out and use again. And he will say "addicts have relapses" and the whole cycle will start again, until he ends up in jail or dead. I still hope he makes it. I hope I win the lotto too.
    .................................................. ..............
    She added the phrase "meany head" to my profile.
    I hardly think I'm an attention whore.
    I train birds of prey and am I licensed falconer

Wink Re: Thread for Me And Pot To Go Va-Tech On Each Other

Quote Originally Posted by thelastgreatman View Post

No I don not have a child, certainly not, but I do fully intend to.

And no, I do not have a child.
    I'm sure this has nothing to do with drug use...maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by psychic friend View Post
    I know him for real. You only know what he wanted to tell you which I know were just bits and pieces of truth and lies mixed together. He can't even tell the difference anymore. I highly doubt your situation and his addiction are at all similar. He is an addict and will always be one. He will never be able to just dip in. I personally don't even think his latest blow will help him manage a life without herioin. He will recover and get used to everything being normal again and go out and use again. And he will say "addicts have relapses" and the whole cycle will start again, until he ends up in jail or dead. I still hope he makes it. I hope I win the lotto too.
    And it's for people like him, and countless others, that drug use should be treated in a compassionate manner and as a health care issue. Information, awareness, treatment as needed and ultimately support of our fellow human beings. Instead we have oppression, violence, abuse of power and an overall denigration of the human spirit. It's terrible and has got to stop.
    Woe to you, my Princess, when I come... you shall see who is the stronger, a gentle little girl who doesn't eat enough or a big wild man who has cocaine in his body. - SF

i see no relevance in quoting what i said to follow up with your dribble.

i see no relevance in quoting what i said to follow up with your dribble.
    Not my problem.
    Woe to you, my Princess, when I come... you shall see who is the stronger, a gentle little girl who doesn't eat enough or a big wild man who has cocaine in his body. - SF

Wow.

I bet you and zzz together are like the Tesla coils.

Not my problem
    the sky is blue

Quote Originally Posted by Hannahrain View Post
    Wow.

I bet you and zzz together are like the Tesla coils.
    Tesla coils of loovveeee </barrywhite>

Cool Re: Thread for Me And Pot To Go Va-Tech On Each Other

the sky is blue
    Also not my problem.

I met someone the other day that had a tattoo of Tesla reading in front of his coil.

That is also not your problem.

I met someone the other day that had a tattoo of Tesla reading in front of his coil.

That is also not your problem.
    Unless maybe I am Tesla and I find the idea of having my image graven upon another's flesh to be slightly revolting.

But I'm not, so it's okay.

Dammit, I knew that posting here in my current state was going to net at least a couple typos if not complete repetitions and divergences from coherence.

Dani: when I used the term "habit" in that one quote I wasn't actually specifically referring to our heroin habits exclusively as much as the total of all the habits we'd had. He claimed on more than one occasion that he thought ecstasy was very responsible for how fucked his body had become besides the dope, but yeah finding the truth in an experienced heroin addict can be impossible, even to themselves.

I merely just switched my addiction to something other than heroin. I'm lucky in that I usually don't have so much of a problem kicking because I just switch out what the chemical dependency, and as long as I don't have to deal with full reality I'm generally okay. Most of my friends at the time have proved to be more like Jeff's predictament, and to date I've buried two, my ex-girlfriend just OD'd and barely lived last week (she's been through four rehabs and did a prison bid already by 21--she SUCKS at life), and my two oldest and closest friends are locked up for the third or fourth time, I can't even keep track anymore.

And yeah, there's really nothing you can do about it all, which makes it infinitely shittier. I eventually had to move 3000 miles to leave that shit behind, and I still end up calling every old contact I had every time I visit home. It's a good thing black tar sucks and so I've only had a few sets of weeks where I was doping out here. If I ever found a connection for powder H and it was local, well, I would be in trouble most likely.

Where I would see mine and Jeff's boats being similar is that if I was faced with that diagnosis--one more drink, e pill, or opaite could kill you... must live out life in sobriety... I know I wouldn't be able to hack it for long and I would knowingly taked the chance, as Jeff elected to.

Still, Jeff you fucking fool, heroin just does not mix with intense sunshine PERIOD. Oh god, that's like a heroin addict's worst nightmare--walking around in the goddamn desert for days with a vein-ful (or nostril-ful, if you're of my persuasion).
    Last edited by thelastgreatman; 05-12-2007 at 09:00 PM.

Also:

Lou Reed did heroin.

Coachella Junkie schoolofruckus's Avatar

Don't mean "wishing you a beatuful death," FOI? How you been, you hateful slag, you?

No I don not have a child, certainly not, but I do fully intend to. I love my father's genes too much to let them die 'cause it doesn't look like my siblings are going to be much help.

Finding a correlary between domestic abuse and drinking or meth ain't too hard, no. But once again, we have to offset it with what bad things are sober people up to? I mean, the Bush administration is probably pretty drug-free, ain''t it? For all we know, that might even be remotelyh accurate, I just sayin'--all shapes and sizes, my friends.

And no, I do not have a child. If I did and I was continuing to put myself on a dangerous path despite the knowledge that it might mean my child losing their father, well then I most definitely would be an asshole. I didn't like killing my father, and I'd like to hope none of my children would have to deal with my death in a similar fashion, but they will at some point or another so fuck it--builds charcter.

Frankly, I just hope both me and the (eventual) kid live long enough for me to show him the ropes of the realm of psychoactives--which drugs are worth doing, how much coke sucks, why to just not bother with heroin in the first place, etc.
    Bush is a cokehead. I had that specifically in mind when I made my own comment.

Also, Sigur Ros, Mogwai, and Vincent Gallo would like to take exception with the idea that all great artists are drug addicts. And I think that there are some musicians whose drug use is way overestimated, including Maynard (yes, the Bill Hicks thing; yes, Danny Carey is fond of peyote shenanigans while out in the desert; but I get the impression Maynard's pretty clean these days), Thom Yorke (Jonny, almost certainly...but I don't see it with Yorke), Wayne Coyne (he doesn't need it). All of the above give extreme titty-twisters to the likes of the Rolling Stones, Sublime, and the Red Hot Chili Peppers. The Beatles ABSOLUTELY did their best work together while on copious amounts of drugs....but wasn't Lennon in some kind of severe detox during the making of "Plastic Ono Band"? I don't doubt Ayn Rand was a drinker, but I haven't seen any Fitzgerald-esque stories of her penning "The Fountainhead" while hamboned in the skull piece. It's easy to assume that Stanley Kubrick was a cokehead, but has it been documented anywhere? Even if I have to throw him out....if we turn this into a "side" thing (don't worry....as long as you keep things going this way, I'm fully convinced that you don't have a superiority complex in the slightest), I'm pretty happy with where I'm at.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    The childless 20-something year olds on the board who find a 50 something year old man fucking teenage prostitutes distasteful will probably change the hum of their tune once they produce babies, definitely. That's the missing link.

Bush is a former cokehead. I'll bet he wasn't such a cocksucker before recovery. Just kidding, cokeheads are all cocksuckers.

Sigur Ros, Mogwai, and Vincent Gallo, huh? Well, that is pretty fucking compelling against the 95 percent majority of legendary artists who were on something... um, also, Vincent Gallo is a fucking blight on this world. You should never, EVER use him in an argument to back up your position.

I call bullshit on Maynard not having had some serious habits if for no other reason than The Thirteenth Step. I don't care if he claims he was writing about "friends and their addictions," that fucking album is entirely about trying to kick opiates and it is intimately familiar with the process on a personal level. But yeah, he does have a near 10-year-old kid now, he might be straightening out.

I've read Yorke saying that he hasn't been into anything and find it surprising if nothing else. I mean seriously--Kid A? Sober? C'mon...

Ayn Rand--I saw her pop up up your movie thread, and I guess that this is the kind of board that finds Ayn Rand readable, huh? Well, boo to you people. Atlas Shrugged is fucking interminable. Anyone who writes 40-plus page fucking MONOLOGUES into their shit had better not be sober, or they have no excuse.

Yes, Lennon did kick, although I don't find the Plastic Ono Band to be anything but an argument in my favor.

Also, don't gyp me by taking Sublime, and RHCP as the examples for my side when The Doors, Hendrix, and Janis are lying there all dead and shit. Kubrick I admit is probably a big knock against me, but we still get Coppola, Spielberg's good years, Scorcese, Tarantino, Welles was a drunk, probably not so much the Coens but who knows. That's a pretty decent chunk of the best movies ever made, even if I take a loss on all of Kubrick (which does hurt).

Where does the argument stand on Floyd, btw? I know they were drunks and didn't do nearly as much acid as you would think, but they definitely did some, and were definitely drunks.

I'd never deny that drugs have played a part in the life and lifestyles of a great many artists that I adore. I love The Velvet Underground, Pink Floyd, Tool (even though their last two albums, when Maynard was probably at his most clean, have been far and away their best work, they still count as a drug band), and countless other bands who use.

All I'm saying is - not all the cool people are users, as you said before. I realize you were not probably saying that seriously, but I feel compelled to point out that there is plenty of creativity to be had without teh drugz.

And I'd take Vincent Gallo - you antichrist - over any of the bands on your list.
    The childless 20-something year olds on the board who find a 50 something year old man fucking teenage prostitutes distasteful will probably change the hum of their tune once they produce babies, definitely. That's the missing link.

Ew, ew ew ew ew ew... alright, this argument is over because of you invoking Gallo. I swear to God I'm going to give that asshole a burst mouth when I meet him. Fucking unwatchable.

Humor me. Why do you hate him so much?

ah man i think we need a new thread for this argument
    Your lady's also in for drugs, right? Corinna's guy is in for murder and mine's in for a spree of home invasions. I think you're probably good.

Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    I'm pretty sure Ronnie painted that on her, with his dick.

Agreed--prepare for new thread.

Anyone who writes 40-plus page fucking MONOLOGUES into their shit had better not be sober, or they have no excuse.
    So, using your criteria, when it comes to Portnoy's Complaint, Philip Roth A) was on a world-class bender, or B) is a talentless piece of shit. Seems a little reductive.
    Quote Originally Posted by Riggins33 View Post
    Hey rubber toe, it's a message board not a English essay. NERD

Haven't read it. Is there a 40-plus page monologue in it? Then he's gotta be one of the two. Anyone who does that does not deserve to be considered a novelist.

The entire book is a monologue. That puts your dichotomy in trouble because he's not a drunk, and the guy has won the Pulitzer Prize, the National Book Award twice, and three PEN/Faulkner Awards, among others. You might read him before weighing in with generalizations.

Awards mean nothing, plenty of people who suck have won awards. But I don't understand you saying the entire book is a monologue. If that's the case, isn't it just a first-person narrative? Doesn't really qualify as a monologue.

I'd agree that awards don't mean much when taken on an individual basis. Winning one (or two) awards doesn't indicate exceptional talent, and not winning one doesn't indicate the absence of talent. But when awards are bestowed continuously throughout a career (Roth's first was in 1960, his last was in April of this year), by a variety of different organizations, I think they add up to something.

As for Portnoy's Complaint, the entire novel is in the form of a monologue delivered by the title character to his psychiatrist.

Doesn't qualify then, still just a first-person narrative with a conditional setting. Entirely different than Rand, wherein she had a third-person narrative with many different characters and the fucking climax of the book is a 40-something page monologue by one of them. The entire rest of the story just stops for this unbelievably long monologue. Bad storytelling, that is.

From an Onion AV Club interview with Jeff Tweedy:

AVC: What about drugs? Do you find that going through rehab and getting those addictions behind you has affected your creative process at all?

JT: The short answer is no. I feel very strongly that the creative process and the creative impulse in me existed long before my problems manifested. And going through rehab was actually a process of regaining those powers, those same feelings that I always aspired to. That's not to say that there weren't a lot of anxieties that the opposite would be true. All those myths and the conventional wisdom that it's a zero-sum game. But it was a bargain I would've been willing to make when I went into the hospital, without even thinking about it. The only thing I wanted to do was feel better. To not feel as terrible and miserable as I felt. And I would've been happy to not write any more songs in my life, sincerely, just to feel better. I'm really grateful that that's not the way it works, and that you don't have to make that trade. But I do think that there's a lot of different reasons for the myth that you have to suffer or you have to have some horrible friction or turmoil in your life to create. Primarily because it makes a lot better ink. People are much more willing to write about it when it's framed within this mythology that has existed since people began making art.
    Quote Originally Posted by ByTheWay, View Post
    If anyone raped or molested my wife or child i'd off them myself so I guess it doesn't matter. If you don't feel those type of emotions in that situation then that is you and in my opinion makes you a twisted person from a twisted state (UTAH) if that is where your from!