Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Thread for Me And Pot To Go Va-Tech On Each Other

Default Re: Thread for Me And Pot To Go Va-Tech On Each Other

Quote Originally Posted by Yablonowitz View Post
    All I know is that Jeff was never proud of his addiction and told me several times he wanted to lead a clean life. Maybe he was saying that so I wouldn't judge him or maybe he was trying to convince himself. But I honestly think he doesn't want to be an addict. Most of what you've said has either bordered on pride at your addiction or at least complete self-definition of you as an addict. You don't talk about much else on here.

Whatever. You're clearly an intelligent, articulate guy. But you clearly wish to define yourself as a committed and determined addict with no other alternatives. But don't throw that burden on vinyl. At least give him a chance to free himself from this, because I think he does, unlike you, want to. If you were telling him that he's an addict and he should just embrace it (and I don't know that's what you talked to him about), then I have a problem with that.
    I don't have any alternatives. Without drugs I want to kill myself more or less 24 hours a day. I was a fucking mess until I found them.

What I profess isn't pride in my addiction, just acceptance of it and refusal to be shamed for it, which is what you're all trying to foist on me. Drugs are a huge part of my life. To most of you, music is probably equally as big a part. I don't feel that I should have to be derided en masse, ganged up on like in a fucking grade-school cafeteria, just because of that.

I never wanted this for Jeff. If that's the impression you got, far from it. Most of our conversations revolved around how important it was to recognize when the time to stop comes for us addicts--in his case, the revelation that he'd fucked his internal organs all up. When that shit happens, when we "hit bottom," you either gotta stop or you know you're probably killing yourself. I wish more than anything he'd had the presence of mind to heed that warning. I'd like to think that I would, but as I said I don't particularly feel inclined to go on living when I'm not on drugs, so I can't imagine how it would work out. I didn't mean to lump Jeff in with myself, but our boats must be at least a little bit similar otherwise he wouldn't haven't taken that chance that we so thoroughly discussed.

Part of embracing and accepting your addiction is knowing when to lay it down. The people who stay in denial are the ones that are guaranteed to never walk away from it.
    Quote Originally Posted by schoolofruckus View Post
    Look, your parenting is yours and Randy's business alone.
    Fans of TheLastGreatMan Accessory Shop

There's some furious digging going on in here.

Quote Originally Posted by thelastgreatman View Post
    I don't have any alternatives. Without drugs I want to kill myself more or less 24 hours a day. I was a fucking mess until I found them.

What I profess isn't pride in my addiction, just acceptance of it and refusal to be shamed for it, which is what you're all trying to foist on me. Drugs are a huge part of my life. To most of you, music is probably equally as big a part. I don't feel that I should have to be derided en masse, ganged up on like in a fucking grade-school cafeteria, just because of that.

I never wanted this for Jeff. If that's the impression you got, far from it. Most of our conversations revolved around how important it was to recognize when the time to stop comes for us addicts--in his case, the revelation that he'd fucked his internal organs all up. When that shit happens, when we "hit bottom," you either gotta stop or you know you're probably killing yourself. I wish more than anything he'd had the presence of mind to heed that warning. I'd like to think that I would, but as I said I don't particularly feel inclined to go on living when I'm not on drugs, so I can't imagine how it would work out. I didn't mean to lump Jeff in with myself, but our boats must be at least a little bit similar otherwise he wouldn't haven't taken that chance that we so thoroughly discussed.

Part of embracing and accepting your addiction is knowing when to lay it down. The people who stay in denial are the ones that are guaranteed to never walk away from it.

I've now reached equilibrium with you. I shall cease and desist in thelastgreatman gang bang.

Have you tried going on anti-depressants and therapy? I just think you should give youself a chance to avoid such a rigid self-definition. You're too young to commit yourself to that kind of thing.

I take xanax daily and I've become physically habituated to it but I never exceed nor wish to exceed my prescribed dose because I take it to control harmful symptoms, not to get a high. I don't know what this has to do with anything, but I know that there is something in the chemistry of an addict that is different from one who isn't. And that's why it bugs me when people say that prescriptions medications can be more harmful than illegal drugs. The main difference isn't in the physical truth of that but in the fact that most illegal drugs are utilized to get a high where most prescription drugs are taken to reduce a painful bodily symptom.
    Quote Originally Posted by ByTheWay, View Post
    If anyone raped or molested my wife or child i'd off them myself so I guess it doesn't matter. If you don't feel those type of emotions in that situation then that is you and in my opinion makes you a twisted person from a twisted state (UTAH) if that is where your from!

Coachella Junkie

What I profess isn't pride in my addiction, just acceptance of it and refusal to be shamed for it
    And an unquenchable desire to opine ceaselessly about it.

which is what you're all trying to foist on me.
    Nobody is trying to make you feel ashamed. The stigma you've got is your own fault for basically introducing yourself as "that guy trying to score heroin from strangers on a public, moderated message board." It's a fucking stupid move.

Drugs are a huge part of my life. To most of you, music is probably equally as big a part.
    That certainly wouldn't be surprising considering this is essentially a fucking music message board.

I didn't mean to lump Jeff in with myself, but our boats must be at least a little bit similar otherwise.
    Or, you know, maybe not.

I'm not legally old enough to have opinions yet, but if I were I'd contribute.

LGM, go to the shroomery.org (or whatever it is). My hubby posts there, and everyone is much more non-judgmental than here.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Because fucking millenials that's what

Coachella Junkie

The shroomery is for tips on growing mushrooms. I'd wager they wouldn't be very interested in heroin discussions either. It would certainly be a move in the right direction though.

They have discussions about all types of drugs from what I've seen.

Quote Originally Posted by Caitlin View Post
    What was said above is exactly why I'm so strongly against Alcoholics Anonymous. They solely define you as an addict(IE: "Hi, my name is ____ and I am an alcoholic") and lead you to believe you will be so for the rest of your life, no matter how many years sober you have. Absolutely ridiculous and I couldn't disagree more. I'm sorry if that had no relevance at the moment, but I felt I had to dispose a little of my hatred for AA.
    Alcoholics Anonymous works and has helped thousands if not millions of peopel overcome addiction when they choose to and helped them shape more meaningful and constructive lives. The point of AA is to cast a broad net over the people who are there by forcing them to admit they are addicted to a substance. If what they say doesn't resonate with you, then chances are you will leave and no one will be the worse off. But when you decide that you don't want to drink anymore, then you will stay and gain a great deal from the experience. Your distaste and, to a greater extent, the reasoning behind it belie a distinct lack of maturity on your part.
    Quote Originally Posted by york707 View Post
    I can't tell a british accent from a gay accent.

Oh, please, let's not shut him up just yet. He's worked so hard on his hole.

Coachella Junkie

Yeah, hurry over there.

Coachella Junkie

Quote Originally Posted by codytwo View Post
    Alcoholics Anonymous works and has helped thousands if not millions of peopel overcome addiction when they choose to and helped them shape more meaningful and constructive lives. The point of AA is to cast a broad net over the people who are there by forcing them to admit they are addicted to a substance. If what they say doesn't resonate with you, then chances are you will leave and no one will be the worse off. But when you decide that you don't want to drink anymore, then you will stay and gain a great deal from the experience. Your distaste and, to a greater extent, the reasoning behind it belie a distinct lack of maturity on your part.
    The point of AA is to replace one addiction with another.

Quote Originally Posted by that screenshot
    THIS IS SPARTA!!!
    Looks like he's already there.

At it's current rate of deterioration, I give this board 6 months until it looks like that.

You mean in six months I can get free weed and boobies here?!?!

Yablo--there are essentially two different groups of drugs: there's fun, life-enriching drugs (the ones that make life "vastly more interesting") and then there's self-medicating substances. Opiates would fall under the self-medicating category, and most of the people that use them are doing it for the same reasons that people take anti-depressants or benzos. Yes, I've been on them all. Currently I take close to the highest allowable dosages of Adderall, Valium, Wellbutrin (smaller dose there, large doses of Wellbutrin suck), and two different anti-psychotics to get to sleep because even before I'd ever done a drug I still couldn't get to sleep before 5 am. My brain was fucked up from the get-go. Believe me when I say that I didn't have anything close to what living is supposed to feel like until drugs. Now bring on the attention whore comments, even though I'm just responding to a fucking inquiry.

Pot--I didn't introduce myself as that, I had several hundred posts before that ever entered into things. Although a lot of them were in other drug threads, but whattaya gonna do?

As far as opining ceaselessly goes--if you didn't all leap at the opportunity to give me shit every time I fucking mention drugs these discussions would be ceased. They would have ceased at the first comment. But no, everybody had to jump in with an attack, and then give me shit later for talking too much about drugs because I defended myself against the deluge of blatantly personal attacks. It's not that I mind talking smack, but at least make it fucking funny. That's when talking smack is a good thing. When it's just a gang of negative bullshit, it sucks.

They can be a bit immature over there (or really immature I guess), but they aren't quite so judgmental anyway.

edit: oops misspelled "there" as "here"
    Last edited by amyzzz; 05-11-2007 at 04:01 PM.

All the weed and boobies you want, at your fingertips.

Coachella Junkie

Fine, I'm with Yablo. I've reset my lastgreatman switch for now. Just don't make any more drug deals on my board please. I'm certain there are other topics that interest you.

You can find me in the "Is shower sex just sex?" thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Hannahrain View Post
    I'm not legally old enough to have opinions yet, but if I were I'd contribute.
    lawl

I can promise that will be my last (and also first) drug deal thread on the board. At least until April of 2008. =)

Quote Originally Posted by PotVsKtl View Post

Yeah, hurry over there.
    Ahahahahaha. Why aren't really retarded kids put to sleep?

I love drugs.

I was just thinking about that list of drug addicted musicians you had up and I thought of a singer/songwriter who fits the converse of that stereotype - Steve Earle. Here's a guy who kicked his drug habit cold and has since put out the best music of his career, written books and plays and acted and genuinely LIVED and contributed meaningfully to the world at large.

Point being, there are millions of story endings here and living can be done with rich rewards without drugs, even for you. In my opinion. Tev.
    Quote Originally Posted by ByTheWay, View Post
    If anyone raped or molested my wife or child i'd off them myself so I guess it doesn't matter. If you don't feel those type of emotions in that situation then that is you and in my opinion makes you a twisted person from a twisted state (UTAH) if that is where your from!

best. avatar. ever.

Seconded.

I actually wish it coud be added to the smilies for future use. It's that fucking good.

hahahaha <3

Quote Originally Posted by PotVsKtl View Post
    And I'm done. You seem intelligent, just get off the drug schtick. If you've got nothing else to contribute to this board then move on. Deal? Hugs.

Oh, and go fuck yourself.

Coachella Junkie

What in the holy fuck are you on about?

Quote Originally Posted by Yablonowitz View Post
    I was just thinking about that list of drug addicted musicians you had up and I thought of a singer/songwriter who fits the converse of that stereotype - Steve Earle. Here's a guy who kicked his drug habit cold and has since put out the best music of his career, written books and plays and acted and genuinely LIVED and contributed meaningfully to the world at large.

Point being, there are millions of story endings here and living can be done with rich rewards without drugs, even for you. In my opinion. Tev.
    Yes, there almost certainly are artists who've thrived without the use of mind-altering substances. Some of the best writers I personally know are completely straight-edge.

But honestly, when you line up the lists side-by-side, and in particular when you look at the work that the ones who were using did when they were still using against what they put out when they got clean, well... sorry, but the lists kinda speak for themselves I think.

I'd heard this line before Tool used it for the record, but let's go to the perfect quote on the matter from the late great Bill Hicks: "I think drugs have done some good things for us, I really do, and if you don't believe that, then do me a favor: go home right now and take all your albums, all your tapes, all your CDs, and burn them. That's right, burn them. Because you know what? The musicians who made all that great music, which has enhanced your life all these years... they were all rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreally fucking high on drugs."