Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Thread for Me And Pot To Go Va-Tech On Each Other

Default Re: Thread for Me And Pot To Go Va-Tech On Each Other

Quote Originally Posted by J~$$$ View Post
    snaps. snaps. and more snaps.
    God you people are easy to impress in the snaps department. I'll bet that "I don't engage in a battle of wits with unarmed persons" still gets a big round of applause in here too.

Bottom line here is that our thoughts and desires are not completely under our control. It's called being human. Thoughts, habits, decisions, ideas....it comes from the body it's as physical as it is mental. Mental is physical. But I agree with tom, what's the fucking point of arguing with you when say shit about how you USED to be an addict but you're not expecting to live to 35 because of how you choose to live your life, eschewing the stifling "real world" for something PROFOUNDLY more interesting. Go blow yourself. You live for yourself. That's it.

You don't need to get our acceptance or agreement for your own narcissism.
    Did you fucking read any of this thread? Cause when Jack and I were actually having an intelligent debate on the subject matter it was made pretty clear that my argument was never that it's all a matter of self-control. In fact there's an entire first page very clearly delineating the difference between what aspects of it are physical, mental, chemical, genetic, and on and fucking on.

I USED to be a HEROIN addict. I have been addicted to countless different substances at one point or another. My entire adult life can be meted out in a series of addictions. It is the only way I can function, so stick your judgment up your ass. I don't seek your acceptance or your agreement of myself--validation from you and your pack of close-minded jackals isn't high on my list of priorities. Although it would be nice if you could actually try to engage in logical impersonal discussion of the issue instead of always turning it into a character attack.

I live for myself? Yes, I do. Is that supposed to be an insult?
    Quote Originally Posted by schoolofruckus View Post
    Look, your parenting is yours and Randy's business alone.
    Fans of TheLastGreatMan Accessory Shop

Gummi bear sultan miscorrections's Avatar

i can't believe this is still going.

GAY
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    Has anyone gone on a date with a sandwich recently? What base did you get to? Ham?

Quote Originally Posted by Caitlin View Post
    I think there is most certainly a difference between the two. I don't feel marijuana is addicting in a physical sense. My friends could quit if they really wanted to. However, they have a mental addiction to it that has a lot to do with repitition. For example, we as humans need food to survive and so one could say we have a food addiction because our body is constantly giving off that "FEED ME" signal to our brains. This, IMO, is because of constant repitition. I feel this is an entirely different situation than that of a physical addiction to substances such as heroin, alcohol, etc.
    It doesnt matter what you think. The reason you like to do things is chemicals in your brain. The same ones that make you high. Tha same ones that make you addicted to things. Its all the same shit in differing degrees,
    Quote Originally Posted by york707 View Post
    I can't tell a british accent from a gay accent.

Coachella Junkie jackstraw94086's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by J~$$$ View Post
    My lust for you is not real?
    That's not a simple emotion, J. It's more than just a desire for my body. It's the realest thing in your life.

Banned

god I wish I could reach out and touch you Jack.

For the record, Jack is the only person on this board that can actually debate properly, now that Vinyl is laid up.

Banned

OH SNAPS!

Just don't speak for Jeff or try to identify his issues with yours. You offended me when you decided to help us "uneducated" people understand what motivated Jeff to do what he did. If you want to talk about addiction in an impersonal way, that's one thing. But once you decided you were an authority on what went on with him, you took it to a personal level. You were not in any position to say that Jeff would agree that that was just the price he paid to try to live a much more interesting life by using drugs.
    Quote Originally Posted by ByTheWay, View Post
    If anyone raped or molested my wife or child i'd off them myself so I guess it doesn't matter. If you don't feel those type of emotions in that situation then that is you and in my opinion makes you a twisted person from a twisted state (UTAH) if that is where your from!

I commented on Chris's contention that one shouldn't feel sympathy for addicts because we know what we do to ourselves, and I know damn well that Jeff WOULD agree with that, because we discussed that very subject. The more interesting life, that was mine.

That reminds of A Scanner Darkly quote. You know the part when he hits his head on the cupboard and decides to leave his family and go become a drug-addicted narc?
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Because fucking millenials that's what

Quote Originally Posted by thelastgreatman View Post
    For the record, Jack is the only person on this board that can actually debate properly, now that Vinyl is laid up.
    Actually, Jack is the only person on this board who chooses to debate you. Others let you wallow in your own absurdity.
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

The day this boom-and-bust lifestyle does me in it'll be the same. Hospitals and death are simply the price we pay for having vastly more interesting lives.

Is that the editorial "we"? I think you were definitely trying to speak on his behalf there.
    If anyone raped or molested my wife or child i'd off them myself so I guess it doesn't matter. If you don't feel those type of emotions in that situation then that is you and in my opinion makes you a twisted person from a twisted state (UTAH) if that is where your from!

it was the "drug addicts in general" we, actually.

Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Actually, Jack is the only person on this board who chooses to debate you. Others let you wallow in your own absurdity.
    Because they're just a bit too old and slow and probably not all that bright in the first place to be able to keep up intellectually with some degenerate drug addict, Tom.

it was the "drug addicts in general" we, actually.
    But didn't you say not all drug addicts are the same? I'm pretty sure Jeff is much different person than you are, for example.

No, I don't think intellect has anything to do with it. I think it's more because you are an insipid little twat.
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

Randy, you are so astute. If I weren't so old and broken I might be willing to give this one a go, but yeah. My coherent years are long behind me.

And of course I know that Jeff doesn't want our pity or sympathy. And I know he will take full personal responsibility for his situation.

Yablo--being a different person and being a different addict aren't always mutually exclusive. Mine and Jeff's habits had quite a bit of similarity. And regardless of whether or not he would have agreed with the qualification of "vastly more interesting life," that's still the basic heart of the matter. Why do you think he went ahead and did whatever he did knowing how bad his health was? He decided to take a chance because he wanted that feeling more than he was worried about the consequences. It was a bad choice. These are the chances we take when you live the life.

Tom--Better and insipid little twat than a cranky decrepit cunt.

Hannah--Your problem is the opposite, my dear. You're just chock full of opinions with fuck-all life experience to know shit about shit. Your coherent years are ahead of you, maybe, but for the moment you're just another sedentary art school girl with her head up her ass.

Yes, Randy. You've got an entire FOUR years on me. That's practically a lifetime. Teach me, oh learned one.

4 years is a long time, actually.

Hannah: take more drugs so you too can be experienced at life.

thelastgreatman is the kind of person that actually makes me want to quit doing drugs...
    looking to purchase:big brother skateboarding magazine back issues. travis bean tb1000s electric guitars.

Quote Originally Posted by bballarl View Post
    Hannah: take more drugs so you too can be experienced at life.
    more experienced and more interesting.
    '03 '04 '05 '06 '07 '08 '09 '10 '11 '12 '12 '13 '13

to himself, at least.

Quote Originally Posted by kimery08 View Post
    more experienced and more interesting.
    That too.

Yablo--being a different person and being a different addict aren't always mutually exclusive. Mine and Jeff's habits had quite a bit of similarity. And regardless of whether or not he would have agreed with the qualification of "vastly more interesting life," that's still the basic heart of the matter. Why do you think he went ahead and did whatever he did knowing how bad his health was? He decided to take a chance because he wanted that feeling more than he was worried about the consequences. It was a bad choice. These are the chances we take when you live the life.
    All I know is that Jeff was never proud of his addiction and told me several times he wanted to lead a clean life. Maybe he was saying that so I wouldn't judge him or maybe he was trying to convince himself. But I honestly think he doesn't want to be an addict. Most of what you've said has either bordered on pride at your addiction or at least complete self-definition of you as an addict. You don't talk about much else on here.

Whatever. You're clearly an intelligent, articulate guy. But you clearly wish to define yourself as a committed and determined addict with no other alternatives. But don't throw that burden on vinyl. At least give him a chance to free himself from this, because I think he does, unlike you, want to. If you were telling him that he's an addict and he should just embrace it (and I don't know that's what you talked to him about), then I have a problem with that.

Life experience is better measured in quality than quantity. And if I was to be your tutor, the first lesson would mostly consist of having you punched in the nose to cut down on all that eye-rolling you do.

Or give him a bloody nose.

Quote Originally Posted by Yablonowitz View Post
    At least give him a chance to free himself from this, because I think he does, unlike you, want to. If you were telling him that he's an addict and he should just embrace it (and I don't know that's what you talked to him about), then I have a problem with that.

What was said above is exactly why I'm so strongly against Alcoholics Anonymous. They solely define you as an addict(IE: "Hi, my name is ____ and I am an alcoholic") and lead you to believe you will be so for the rest of your life, no matter how many years sober you have. Absolutely ridiculous and I couldn't disagree more. I'm sorry if that had no relevance at the moment, but I felt I had to dispose a little of my hatred for AA.
    http://www.myspace.com/caitapalooza
    WHITE CHICKS AND GANG SIGNS FTW

Quote Originally Posted by Senor Cardgage View Post
    Sadly, what I didnt know is that commie chicks = lack of grooming technology + panties made of burlap = Vagina Crimes Against Humanity.