Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Thread for Me And Pot To Go Va-Tech On Each Other

Banned

Default Re: Thread for Me And Pot To Go Va-Tech On Each Other

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw94086 View Post
    withdrawl never fully ends IMO. It fades in and out of the background.
    If I didn't live in California I'm not sure I could be a non-smoker.

The basis of our disagreement is that you distringuish a "brain's thrist" with a "mind's thirst".

This is a bit extreme, but your emotions at their most basic level are really just chemical reactions. Every emotion you've ever had was your brain's direct or indirect reaction to a chemical stimulus.
    My lust for you is not real?

There are 2 kinds of addiction. A physical which includes withdraws and a mental addiction which is harder to define. I have a mental addiction to smoking ciggs. If I am busy or its hot I dont smoke nor have the desire to do so. I can go a long time without smoking. Its when I am bored, get off of work, on a break, waiting for class ect. Breaking this kind of addiction is hard but I think phat once you do you are cured. On the other hand I have a phsyical addiction to cocain. This is a real addiction.
    Ive got the demons in me, Ive got to brush them all away.......

Banned

oh man your back? I give it 15 min.

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw94086 View Post
    withdrawl never fully ends IMO. It fades in and out of the background.
    If I didn't live in California I'm not sure I could be a non-smoker.

The basis of our disagreement is that you distringuish a "brain's thrist" with a "mind's thirst".

This is a bit extreme, but your emotions at their most basic level are really just chemical reactions. Every emotion you've ever had was your brain's direct or indirect reaction to a chemical stimulus.
    no, I fully agree with you about emotions being chemical. For example, love is just another addiction, according to pheremone study.

What I am talking about though is reason, not emotion. Addiction is an emotional experience (if we stipulate that emotions=chemicals), but choice could be defined here as one's ability to deny what their emotions want.
    Quote Originally Posted by schoolofruckus View Post
    Look, your parenting is yours and Randy's business alone.
    Fans of TheLastGreatMan Accessory Shop

Quote Originally Posted by PotVsKtl View Post
    If you continue to represent yourself as a b-grade Burroughs I will continue to be a dick. Deal? Hugs.
    Quote Originally Posted by bug on your lip View Post
    this is one of the greatest quotes ever typed
    Lol yeah, that's awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by I'm Rosetta Stoned View Post
    There are 2 kinds of addiction. A physical which includes withdraws and a mental addiction which is harder to define. I have a mental addiction to smoking ciggs. If I am busy or its hot I dont smoke nor have the desire to do so. I can go a long time without smoking. Its when I am bored, get off of work, on a break, waiting for class ect. Breaking this kind of addiction is hard but I think phat once you do you are cured. On the other hand I have a phsyical addiction to cocain. This is a real addiction.
    Actually, there is no physical addiction to cocaine. Withdrawl from coke lasts less than two days at the absolute tops, it doesn't build up a dependency in your body's chemistry the way that heroin or benzos do. Cocaine addictions are pretty much entirely mental, but once again--it is the mental addiction that is the hardest thing to beat, not the chemical.

Ohhh, now this is an interesting read.
    http://www.myspace.com/caitapalooza
    WHITE CHICKS AND GANG SIGNS FTW

Quote Originally Posted by Senor Cardgage View Post
    Sadly, what I didnt know is that commie chicks = lack of grooming technology + panties made of burlap = Vagina Crimes Against Humanity.

Also, Burroughs is a relatively shitty skag writer. At least call me a b-grade Welsh.

This is not true. Professionals in teh field do not differentiate between the two. Just ask Dr. Drew. Addiction in the medical sense has to do with reliance on elevated levels of specific neurotransmitters. But at the level that these changes occur, from my understanding of the issue, differentiating between a mental process and a physical one becoems an exercise in absurdityl.
    Quote Originally Posted by york707 View Post
    I can't tell a british accent from a gay accent.

Quote Originally Posted by codytwo View Post
    This is not true. Professionals in teh field do not differentiate between the two. Just ask Dr. Drew. Addiction in the medical sense has to do with reliance on elevated levels of specific neurotransmitters. But at the level that these changes occur, from my understanding of the issue, differentiating between a mental process and a physical one becoems an exercise in absurdityl.
    Inaccurate, Dr. Drew or not, although I suspect that you've just gotten a slightly muddled view of the fairly true aspect that the two are extremely intertwined. But there is a very distinct difference between actual chemical DEPENDENCY--your body's reliance on said chemical that causes withdrawl--and the addiction (or addictive tendencies in my own theory) that stays with you long after the withdrawl. But like I said, I disagree with a lot of the authorities on addiction about certain aspects of this matter, Dr. Drew would be coming from the "disease" perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by codytwo View Post
    I think there is most certainly a difference between the two. I don't feel marijuana is addicting in a physical sense. My friends could quit if they really wanted to. However, they have a mental addiction to it that has a lot to do with repitition. For example, we as humans need food to survive and so one could say we have a food addiction because our body is constantly giving off that "FEED ME" signal to our brains. This, IMO, is because of constant repitition. I feel this is an entirely different situation than that of a physical addiction to substances such as heroin, alcohol, etc.

Sadly, what I didnt know is that commie chicks = lack of grooming technology + panties made of burlap = Vagina Crimes Against Humanity.

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. Sed non augue in ipsum pulvinar porta. Mauris ut mauris. Fusce auctor lacinia neque. Integer lacus pede, luctus quis, fermentum ut, sollicitudin quis, nulla. Vestibulum at odio eget elit ultricies gravida. Nunc sed leo. Vestibulum dictum lacinia lorem. Etiam dictum condimentum quam. Suspendisse vestibulum nisl quis erat. Cras adipiscing sem in eros. Cras dictum sapien id mi. Praesent vehicula blandit velit.

Donec eleifend mauris non dui. Quisque porta porttitor felis. Nunc faucibus dolor nec purus. Suspendisse tellus. Pellentesque nonummy. Curabitur nisi ligula, adipiscing vel, vestibulum nec, euismod ac, neque. Sed eleifend tortor quis tellus. Donec dictum massa vitae lorem. Donec risus lectus, bibendum lacinia, iaculis nec, ultrices eu, lorem. Fusce dapibus. Fusce sed justo vitae odio posuere laoreet. Donec adipiscing ante sit amet diam. Donec diam velit, gravida aliquam, iaculis non, blandit sit amet, enim. Nam suscipit, mi ut pulvinar iaculis, nunc lacus tincidunt urna, sit amet iaculis velit est a felis. In mollis.

Vivamus at enim malesuada tortor tincidunt malesuada. Duis scelerisque mattis nisl. Aliquam varius fermentum leo. Etiam lorem leo, malesuada ut, auctor eget, porta non, dui. Aenean nulla massa, volutpat vel, consequat et, suscipit quis, ipsum. Fusce vehicula, sem sed aliquam cursus, quam nisi ullamcorper augue, non hendrerit enim orci sit amet erat. Sed purus. Maecenas consectetuer. Donec ipsum augue, lacinia ac, consequat sed, interdum eu, erat. Nullam ut quam. Maecenas augue lorem, tincidunt vel, lobortis a, auctor sed, lectus. Aenean a felis. Aenean diam dolor, consectetuer ut, posuere et, facilisis quis, ligula. Nam sed velit. Pellentesque congue venenatis nunc.

Pellentesque commodo tortor ut pede. Nullam aliquam, mi at venenatis dictum, augue est semper ligula, in sagittis magna dui non urna. Vivamus sit amet nulla. Vivamus luctus blandit pede. Nullam porttitor molestie ligula. Nulla rhoncus. Sed tempor. Vivamus ut eros. Nunc mollis quam. Pellentesque elit. Mauris fermentum rutrum mauris. Donec ultricies aliquam pede. Curabitur nec lorem in lacus egestas tristique. Vestibulum mattis nunc non odio. Nullam semper gravida neque. Aliquam neque est, tristique et, iaculis eu, eleifend et, dui. Nulla tincidunt erat. Mauris arcu ligula, fringilla id, scelerisque in, bibendum nec, mi. Morbi in tellus. Proin turpis.

Nulla vel urna. Proin orci nisi, pretium vel, ultricies et, porttitor quis, velit. Vestibulum rhoncus orci sit amet velit. Nulla facilisi. Pellentesque euismod, justo eu feugiat vulputate, massa mauris iaculis justo, et lobortis libero mi et nisi. Ut magna felis, placerat vitae, dignissim vitae, tempus eu, nunc. Aenean rhoncus. Aliquam sed sapien ut magna posuere auctor. Sed in velit ac odio tincidunt consectetuer. Nullam non risus. Nunc ante. Suspendisse potenti. Praesent in magna id nulla elementum laoreet. Quisque nec massa.

What's with the Latin?

A better way to describe it is like a "habbit addiction". Thats how I describe my smoking addiction. I smoke to waste time I guess and over the years I just kept the habbit but, I am not addicted to smoking. My other addiction is like an alcoholics addiction. Thats the one that lasts a lifetime and that I'm always going to battle all my life.

Is "habbit" a female hobbit?

Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    What's with the Latin?
    It's not latin. It's Lorem Ipsum, which is a dummy text used to demonstrate layout and font.

Although it has latin roots.
    Last edited by Hannahrain; 05-11-2007 at 02:45 PM. Reason: adding link

Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    What's with the Latin?
    My fake latin > greatman's endless prattling

Banned

amy made a funny.

yeah the 'habbit' made me chuckle too.

Quote Originally Posted by Hannahrain View Post
    It's not latin. It's Lorem Ipsum, which is a dummy text used to demonstrate layout and font.
    Ah. I never took Latin. It just looked that way.

it's supposed to look that way.

oddly, it looks like Latin but is called 'greeking'.

This thread makes me want a drink. ;x

Quote Originally Posted by Hannahrain View Post

Although it has latin roots.
    Whoah. Something useful/interesting in this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    I feel like dad-rock wouldn't get so bad of a rep if we called it pop-rock

Would you care to actually constructively respond to anything, Tom? Or just act like a big ol' cunt per your usual routine? Or do you just prefer to take the easy way out when you know you won't win the argument?

Quote Originally Posted by thelastgreatman View Post
    Would you care to actually constructively respond to anything, Tom? Or just act like a big ol' cunt per your usual routine? Or do you just prefer to take the easy way out when you know you won't win the argument?

"Arguing" with you would be as pointless as arguing with a dust mote.

Quote Originally Posted by Caitlin View Post
    This thread makes me want a drink. ;x
    LoL this is comedy! Addiction is hard to explain to someone who has never delt with it. Every addict is different and addiction isnt black and white like science makes it out to be. Its complicated and in this country addiction is a term used to freely imo.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    "Arguing" with you would be as pointless as arguing with a dust mote.
    snaps. snaps. and more snaps.

LoL this is comedy! Addiction is hard to explain to someone who has never delt with it. Every addict is different and addiction isnt black and white like science makes it out to be. Its complicated and in this country addiction is a term used to freely imo.
    Believe me, I know. I grew up with an alcoholic mother. I think another word for addiction would be desperation.

Quote Originally Posted by thelastgreatman View Post
    Inaccurate, Dr. Drew or not, although I suspect that you've just gotten a slightly muddled view of the fairly true aspect that the two are extremely intertwined. But there is a very distinct difference between actual chemical DEPENDENCY--your body's reliance on said chemical that causes withdrawl--and the addiction (or addictive tendencies in my own theory) that stays with you long after the withdrawl. But like I said, I disagree with a lot of the authorities on addiction about certain aspects of this matter, Dr. Drew would be coming from the "disease" perspective.
    Bottom line here is that our thoughts and desires are not completely under our control. It's called being human. Thoughts, habits, decisions, ideas....it comes from the body it's as physical as it is mental. Mental is physical. But I agree with tom, what's the fucking point of arguing with you when say shit about how you USED to be an addict but you're not expecting to live to 35 because of how you choose to live your life, eschewing the stifling "real world" for something PROFOUNDLY more interesting. Go blow yourself. You live for yourself. That's it.

You don't need to get our acceptance or agreement for your own narcissism.
    Quote Originally Posted by ByTheWay, View Post
    If anyone raped or molested my wife or child i'd off them myself so I guess it doesn't matter. If you don't feel those type of emotions in that situation then that is you and in my opinion makes you a twisted person from a twisted state (UTAH) if that is where your from!