Thread: hello everyone!

Hybrid View

Default hello everyone!

me and some mates making the trip from (just outside) edinburgh in scotland!!!

just bought my tickets today! what should i expect? i've been to T in the Park, the big scottish festival, but never anything else. it's a pretty quality festival, but i have nothing to compare it to...

Default Re: hello everyone!

Hunting has been part of our society since the first Europeans came over and shot buffalo and Native Americans and whatnot.
    ---
    The Dive Poets

from what i have heard, u.s. festivals are a lot mellower than european ones. also plan on it being quite hot and dry, anywhere from mid 90's farenheit to 105 degrees and above if it's like 2004. to me the festival has been like a barbecue you'd have at a pal's house, except you have 50,000 friends for that weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by JustSteve View Post
    from what i have heard, u.s. festivals are a lot mellower than european ones. also plan on it being quite hot and dry, anywhere from mid 90's farenheit to 105 degrees and above if it's like 2004. to me the festival has been like a barbecue you'd have at a pal's house, except you have 50,000 friends for that weekend.
    sounds fooking brilliant! t in the park is a bit too radge for me tbh, although a scottish crowd is something everyone should experience!

Check out the Questions Forum.
    Hunting has been part of our society since the first Europeans came over and shot buffalo and Native Americans and whatnot.
    ---
    The Dive Poets

Wheelchair Epidemic hawkingvsreeve's Avatar

Go Celtic.

It's like Disneyland but with not as many obese people,better music,and alcohol.And sometimes you see Danny DeVito.

Quote Originally Posted by breakjaw View Post
    It's like Disneyland but with not as many obese people,better music,and alcohol.And sometimes you see Danny DeVito.
    this should be in a FAQ at the top of the questions forum

Quote Originally Posted by hawkingvsreeve View Post
    Go Celtic.
    fuck celtic, go hibernian!

proper football (ok, soccer) team!!!

same colours, less dirty fans from glasgow...not a nice city...

You will not see mud here. At least in the festival grounds. Maybe there is mud in the stables or something. And it won't rain.

Haha. *pictures Glasto's biblical flood*

Quote Originally Posted by RageAgainstRob View Post
    fuck celtic, go hibernian!
    Harpoon makes a tasty Hibernian Ale ....

You will not see mud here. At least in the festival grounds. Maybe there is mud in the stables or something. And it won't rain.

Quote Originally Posted by bballarl View Post
    sounding better and better!

t in the park has all those things...in abundance...

here's a pic from glastonbury the other big UK festival (couldn't find a decent t in the park pic)

yeah...we have mud

it seems that no one wants to answer my question on other threads....can you bring food/water/alcohol into the campsite and not into the stage area or not at all or what? also on my camping pass thing i got it says a row and stuff, does that mean i have a desiginated spot where i set up my tent of is it first come first serve, sorry im new to this

You can bring food and water/soda/juice into the campground. You cannot bring in alcohol. You cannot bring any of that into the festival. It is all conveniently covered in the FAQ section. You should give it a whirl.

The campground is divided up into a grid. They assign you a plot. You don't just get to set up anywhere.
    ---
    The Dive Poets

Member John Peel is My Co-pilot's Avatar

Hey, Rob. I'm originally fae Fife, now live in the US. T in the Park is mental, but theres definitely a very different vibe at festivals over here. Not better, not worse, just different - maybe it's the lack of rain and hypothermia!

I got my tix today - me and the 19 year old stepson. Wife's staying in a Palm Springs hotel by the pool for 3 days! Can't wait!

I'm a Dons fan and I met a fellow sheepshagger at Lollapalooza in Chicago last year when he saw my retro 83 Cup Winners Cup jersey!

hey there rob. this will be my first US festival too! I've been in england for the last 6 years and went to glastonbury 05(when it flooded but we were ok on the hill!), bestival, wireless, lovebox, metro weekender/south west four, electric picnic (in ireland) etc. nothing beats a good british festival i say but im hoping coauchella will be fantastic too! i'm really looking forward to it! are you guys planning on going to glasto this year? i hear the preregistration process is gonna be tough

anyways just thought i'd say hi, make some friends, and get excited about coachella with you all. haha

I want to attend Glasto.