Voters
82. You may not vote on this poll
  • Tunes at the Dunes

28 34.15%
  • Cityscape Festival

54 65.85%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: CREATE A FESTIVAL - ROUND 1 - TUNES AT THE DUNES VS. CITYSCAPE FESTIVAL

Default CREATE A FESTIVAL - ROUND 1 - TUNES AT THE DUNES VS. CITYSCAPE FESTIVAL

ROUND 1: Tunes at the Dunes vs. Cityscape Festival

Okay, here's the third match of the first round. Remember, you get one and only one vote, and you MUST have 100 or more posts to vote, or else your vote WILL NOT count. This is a PUBLIC poll, so I can tell who's voting. Feel free to take whatever it is, into account when deciding your vote. Also, remember there's more to festivals than just the headliners. Explore some of the smaller bands before casting your vote...you may find something you like, which could sway your feelings. Ya never know. Winner moves onto Round 2. Voting will last 3 days (ending Saturday night, with Round 2 beginning on Sunday).

Tunes at the Dunes:

Cityscape Festival:

Default Re: CREATE A FESTIVAL - ROUND 1 - TUNES AT THE DUNES VS. CITYSCAPE FESTIVAL

woah, tunes at the dunes is basically a rip off of coachella 2007 + some misc crappy bands.

cityscape all the way. if you don't vote for michael jackson, you must not like life.

although i wish it had okkervil river.

Default Re: CREATE A FESTIVAL - ROUND 1 - TUNES AT THE DUNES VS. CITYSCAPE FESTIVAL

Cityscape all the way ORBITAL AND J.T........... Tunes at The Dunes is Roo + Coach = weird hybrid/hipster/hippie fest.

old 97's and mojave 3 make it worth just for them.

Gummi bear sultan miscorrections's Avatar

mojave 3 = love.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    Has anyone gone on a date with a sandwich recently? What base did you get to? Ham?

um, i predict Le Tigre will be a no show at cityscape...

i have to say cityscape. half of dunes' audience would just opt for day one or two. there's no real reason for them to stay for day three unless they're an arcade fire fan. the day situating is completely wrong in my opinion. friday - arcade fire, saturday - rage, sunday radiohead.

and yes, dunes is a coachella copy.

i think bdawg did cityscape

Quote Originally Posted by Ardentbiscuit View Post
    This is the equivalent of musical water boarding.

The fight of a crowd between Rage and Daft Punk would be... Nausiating to say the least... I voted the for the other poster.
    Upcoming Shows:
    * Dillon Francis + Anamanaguchi -- December 28th

Going to Weekend 1 of Coachella 2014

Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Cara. Don't judge a man for not being able to formulate a coherent thought. On an internet forum of all places.

tunes, i hate justin timberlake
    Quote Originally Posted by lisa pea View Post
    I'm missing school Friday and Monday for Coachella...and I'm the teacher!

yeah, im not feeling the poppish vibe at cityscape

Gummi bear sultan miscorrections's Avatar

c'mon, cityscape has the national. they're like a festival-maker for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    Has anyone gone on a date with a sandwich recently? What base did you get to? Ham?

cityscape, had me at devo

Cityscape is good. I just got back from Tunes at the Dunes, why do I need to go again?
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    I try to be politically pc more than most here: As a dude, anyone who could put a shark up a gals pc body, is pretty creepy, different and interesting. Just saying big time ..... cr****

though im really tempted by that orbital reunion, and less hostile crowd of cityscape

The though of Michael Jackson performing live is incredibly odd. But neither the weirdness there nor JT are enough to keep me away from Cityscape.

I mean, Peter Gabriel, Les Savy Fav? BSS, Orbital and the National? Yay, England.
    Quote Originally Posted by SoulDischarge View Post
    See how wrong you are, Tommy? Randy is agreeing with you.

hmmm, voting for a knockoff or a festival with Timberlake & likely very minimal headbanging.....either way, one of my principles gets comprimised.

Quote Originally Posted by mountmccabe View Post
    But neither the weirdness there nor JT are enough to keep me away from Cityscape.
    you secretly love JT. everyone does.

Wheelchair Epidemic hawkingvsreeve's Avatar

Timberlakes new record is ace. I wish I had heard it last year to include it in my top 10. It would have made the top 5, easy.
    Quote Originally Posted by obzen View Post
    Giant. Fucking. Bjork. Buttons.
    last.fm

Oh yeah and Orbital > Dandy Warhols as a reunion, come on........ And blowing your wad early on Tunes with Rage day one is not the way to go.

Quote Originally Posted by suprefan View Post
    Oh yeah and Orbital > Dandy Warhols as a reunion, come on........ And blowing your wad early on Tunes with Rage day one is not the way to go.
    how is dandy warhols a reunion?

I can predict who did Cityscape, and despite Michael Jackson, that one gets my vote...and I'll give you several reasons:

Old 97's, The National, The Guillemots, The Pipettes, Jamie Lidell, and Someone Still Loves You Boris Yeltsin...I admit I'm not completely sold on all the SSLYBY stuff, but I like enough that they tip the scales for me...

if cityscape goes far, it better have some damn good set times and some good alternatives to the headliners

Justin Timberlake is awesome, but i wouldn't put him in a festival.
    nevertheless, Cityscape is just better constructed.

Oh man, Michael Jackson is an awesome headliner.. too bad he's going against Daft Punk.. It's a tough decision.

OUTKAST 2014
    it's finally happening

Röyksopp, FC Kahuna, Télépopmusik, The Knife, RJD2, Futue Sound of London, The Avalanches, 808 State, Zero 7, Tycho, Mr. Scruff

Quote Originally Posted by I Can't Feel My Face View Post
    Justin Timberlake is awesome, but i wouldn't put him in a festival.
    nevertheless, Cityscape is just better constructed.

I don't know. It seems like a good move for those who would want to see him but not want to pay his solo ticket prices. Kinda like Red Hot Chili Peppers being at Coachella.
    last.fm

His new album blows,Bdawg. What are you smoking? And that Christina Aguilera song blows too. I don't even know you. Next thing I know, you're actually a huge R. Kelly fan.

Are you seriously serious about Futuresex/Lovesounds blowing? Because it is awesome. There are like 3 throwaways on that record. The rest are top notch.

Stop bringing Hansonback.
    last.fm

Cityscape - best first rounder by a mile.
    Quote Originally Posted by JustSteve View Post
    well, for all intensive porpoises it is, will sell out within seconds tomorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by korbinn View Post
    It's jsut dawned on me that I'm overly confident and a extremely ocd perfectionist.
    Quote Originally Posted by kroqken View Post
    I don't give a flying fuck about the Kardashians, I doubt they know who Belle and Sebastian are.

There are two good songs on that cd.

Period.

T