• Muertos Festival

42 50.60%
  • Waikiki Festival

41 49.40%
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: CREATE A FESTIVAL - ROUND 1 - MUERTOS FESTIVAL VS. WAIKIKI FESTIVAL

Default CREATE A FESTIVAL - ROUND 1 - MUERTOS FESTIVAL VS. WAIKIKI FESTIVAL

ROUND 1: Muertos Festival vs. Waikiki Festival

Okay, here's the third match of the first round. Remember, you get one and only one vote, and you MUST have 100 or more posts to vote, or else your vote WILL NOT count. This is a PUBLIC poll, so I can tell who's voting. Feel free to take whatever it is, into account when deciding your vote. Also, remember there's more to festivals than just the headliners. Explore some of the smaller bands before casting your vote...you may find something you like, which could sway your feelings. Ya never know. Winner moves onto Round 2. Voting will last 3 days (ending Saturday night, with Round 2 beginning on Sunday).

Muertos Festival:

Waikiki Festival:

Default Re: CREATE A FESTIVAL - ROUND 1 - MUERTOS FESTIVAL VS. WAIKIKI FESTIVAL

ok, again i see some wrong dates...but errr...some stuff slips by...no biggie, happy voting

How does Waikiki get away with having all that top billing stuff? R.E.M., Elvis and Bowie? The Police and The Stones is an exception since thats the reunion. And I wanna see how "In The Tomb" works.

Muertos gets my vote because of A.R. Rahman - I'll be bringing my grandparents along....watch out for some snazzy dance moves, though I worry if they'll make it up the steps.

seems like it would be cramped and smelly.

And full of skulls, I gotta think this one over cause of possible rule bending on Waikiki.

there isnt any rule breaking on waikiki...I just never added some of those bands to the headliners list, though I should have...oh well, next time

wait - how do 2 different festivals have Gorillaz?

Gummi bear sultan miscorrections's Avatar

primal scream, spiritualized, and brmc all on the same day? sign me the fuck up.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    Has anyone gone on a date with a sandwich recently? What base did you get to? Ham?

Quote Originally Posted by ewiggy View Post
    seems like it would be cramped and smelly.
    you calling my popop and momom smelly?

obvs.

it's the curry, i swear.

Los Muertos, just for A Tribe Caleed Quest, Amon Tobin and the 'in the tomb' acts.

Sad that Jarvis is in Waikiki

wait - how do 2 different festivals have Gorillaz?
    they're a big draw. i'd rather see them both copy gorillaz than copy radiohead.

i have to go with waikiki.

Quote Originally Posted by menikmati View Post
    there isnt any rule breaking on waikiki...I just never added some of those bands to the headliners list, though I should have...oh well, next time
    K just checking, cause I swear like its a jumble of lots of "headliners" there.

And I think having 2 festivals with Gorrillaz go up against each other is cool, you just gotta figure out which one has better support. Still thinking this one over.

You have GOT to be fucking kidding me... The Stones AND The Police on one day?... I'm going to get fucking murdered next round... >.>

I will commend whoever came up with Waikiki that they are deviant and... pretty damn malicious, but not a rule breaker... Like Goldcoast dude/dudette...

still not fair...
    Upcoming Shows:
    * Dillon Francis + Anamanaguchi -- December 28th

Going to Weekend 1 of Coachella 2014

Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Cara. Don't judge a man for not being able to formulate a coherent thought. On an internet forum of all places.

ok, nevermind. i thought gorillaz were no longer together. i guess they are.

and even though i voted, there are three reunions at waikiki, what's up with that?

yeah wtf. i see blur and fugazi. who is the third?

Quote Originally Posted by PassiveTheory View Post
    You have GOT to be fucking kidding me... The Stones AND The Police on one day?... I'm going to get fucking murdered next round... >.>

I will commend whoever came up with Waikiki that they are deviant and... pretty damn malicious, but not a rule breaker... Like Goldcoast dude/dudette...

still not fair...
    i wouldn't count yourself out. that might turn more people off than attract.

Right... okay, new marketing scheme:

My festival's so awesome that it could beat one with the Stones AND the Police on one day! =D

Yeah, I'm going to pray that works...
    Upcoming Shows:

Cara. Don't judge a man for not being able to formulate a coherent thought. On an internet forum of all places.

yeah wtf. i see blur and fugazi. who is the third?
    the police. that's still a "reunion" band. i don't think they should be reprimanded because it's not that serious. you can say that fugazi isn't really broken up because they're on a hiatus, and since the police announced their reunion they're already reunited which would leave blur as the sole "reunion".

it's a glass half empty/half full situation. i made my lineup without one single reunion.

muertos, they have gorillaz
    Quote Originally Posted by lisa pea View Post
    I'm missing school Friday and Monday for Coachella...and I'm the teacher!

Right... okay, new marketing scheme:

My festival's so awesome that it could beat one with the Stones AND the Police on one day! =D

Yeah, I'm going to pray that works...
    or you can say "if i wanted to see dinosaurs, i'd watch a dvd of jurrassic park."

Yeah! If I wanted to see Radiohead for the millionth and one time I'd... Buy a concert DVD!...

...I need to work at this.
    Upcoming Shows:

some people may look beyond headliners before casting their vote...dont give up hope

Yeah! If I wanted to see Radiohead for the millionth and one time I'd... Buy a concert DVD!...

...I need to work at this.
    rent five sweaty college kids to jump up and down and turn the furnace up and watch a live dvd and scream really loud and you have radiohead...now go to my festival.

I'm disappointed that the Mexican festival doesn't feature more groups from Mexico. Seems like an obvious choice to me.

I voted against my favorite band playing at Waikiki Festival just because it looks like Muertos Festival actually had more legitimate thought/creativity put in it. Waikiki Fest is just something that wants to win at all costs, and that includes having a line-up with 5 headliners a day.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    I try to be politically pc more than most here: As a dude, anyone who could put a shark up a gals pc body, is pretty creepy, different and interesting. Just saying big time ..... cr****