Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rage Against The Machine At Coachella 2007...

Default Rage Against The Machine At Coachella 2007...

So here is yet another Rage thread and I am making this thread to explain somthing to all the people who complained about there not being more politics in there set. I have been looking at tons of clips from the show because I am trying to compile a sort of DVD of the show so I have watched their entire set about 50 times and have come to the conclusion that their whole set was a political rant. Sure you can say they only played their hits but look at the order they played their songs and the songs period. "Bulls on Parade was written about the republicans taking the house and the senate and doing so by running on strong family values and an offensive forign policy, isnt that now kindda the post 911 republican platform,"No gay marriage but lets stockpile more nuclear wepons to nuke Iran". Freedom followed by the Township Rebellion outro, "When ignorance reigns life is lost" following a song about first amendment rights being supressed, can you say responce to the patriot act? "Down Rodeo" a song about consumerism ( I hope that is spelled correctly) In a country where it is now the norm to have all these high tech gadgets and expensive cars and when Paris Hilton goes to jail makes the national news. Sure you can say all these songs were written 10 plus years ago but now these songs actually talk about things that are going on right here in this country, right now. Sure Zack only really talked for about 45 seconds but their entire set was a political speech not only slaming this Presedent but what our country is quickly becoming. Tom Morello said that he dosent think its a coinncidence that the country has gone downhill. Some of you guys had called him egotistical whatever but I think that Rage were the only mainstream band writing songs about the country and kept people in touch with political issues. when they broke up no other band was donig that anymore so people kind of stoped paying attention untill it was to late. Well I know you guys are going to blast me for this post but I would like to know what you guys think and thanks for reading this long ass fucking post.....
    Ive got the demons in me, Ive got to brush them all away.......

Banned

Default Re: Rage Against The Machine At Coachella 2007...

Zach de la roach looks like a testicle.

Quote Originally Posted by J~$$$ View Post
    Zach de la roach looks like a testicle.
    You know I said the same thing when he took the stage....

I am really curious as to who's testicles you boys have been looking at that happen to look like Zach De La Rocha.

Banned

dont say it. dont say it. dont say it.

Rosetta...your post is very insightful. music reaches the masses and what you point out shows creative finesse on Rage's part...

Well done

You got something you want to share with the class there, J$?

This ive got to hear.

Banned

NO.......OMG its like 77 degrees here today its lovely outside.

well thought out... hows your dvd project working out, i'd like to see the final copy of it, any way we could Rosetta?

Quote Originally Posted by wisconsinboozer View Post
    well thought out... hows your dvd project working out, i'd like to see the final copy of it, any way we could Rosetta?
    Its a real pain in the ass trying to get all the the clips to blend together. Right now I'm like almost through bullet in your head and so far it pretty cool. I was thinking about either streaming it or like just charging people for the disc and shipping and mailing out to everyone who was there and sell the rest through Myspace....

Coachella Junkie

Quote Originally Posted by I'm Rosetta Stoned View Post
    So here is yet another Rage thread and I am making this thread to explain somthing to all the people who complained about there not being more politics in there set. I have been looking at tons of clips from the show because I am trying to compile a sort of DVD of the show so I have watched their entire set about 50 times and have come to the conclusion that their whole set was a political rant. Sure you can say they only played their hits but look at the order they played their songs and the songs period. "Bulls on Parade was written about the republicans taking the house and the senate and doing so by running on strong family values and an offensive forign policy, isnt that now kindda the post 911 republican platform,"No gay marriage but lets stockpile more nuclear wepons to nuke Iran". Freedom followed by the Township Rebellion outro, "When ignorance reigns life is lost" following a song about first amendment rights being supressed, can you say responce to the patriot act? "Down Rodeo" a song about consumerism ( I hope that is spelled correctly) In a country where it is now the norm to have all these high tech gadgets and expensive cars and when Paris Hilton goes to jail makes the national news. Sure you can say all these songs were written 10 plus years ago but now these songs actually talk about things that are going on right here in this country, right now. Sure Zack only really talked for about 45 seconds but their entire set was a political speech not only slaming this Presedent but what our country is quickly becoming. Tom Morello said that he dosent think its a coinncidence that the country has gone downhill. Some of you guys had called him egotistical whatever but I think that Rage were the only mainstream band writing songs about the country and kept people in touch with political issues. when they broke up no other band was donig that anymore so people kind of stoped paying attention untill it was to late. Well I know you guys are going to blast me for this post but I would like to know what you guys think and thanks for reading this long ass fucking post.....
    Really prescient and timely analysis by a guy who can't spell President. Thanks for your input highly involved political guy.

Quote Originally Posted by PotVsKtl View Post
    Really prescient and timely analysis by a guy who can't spell President. Thanks for your input highly involved political guy.
    My signature is perfect!

That was a typo sorry...

Quote Originally Posted by wisconsinboozer View Post
    Is the footage pretty decent or is it like all this shit on youtube where all the cameras are bouncing all over the place? Good crowd shots too?
    Ive got some clips forom youtube and some form other people who actually brought in cameras. The crowd shots are bouncy but I think it makes it look raw. The other shots are less bouncy oh and somone sent me some footage from the stage as they were about to come on so thats really cool. Im trying to make it look as pro as possible but show how crazy it was to be there if that makes sense....

thats cool, i was too busy trying to deal with my gf (panicking about the crowd) during the show so i couldnt enjoy it as much so i'd like to take myself back to that night

Coachella Junkie

Typos don't happen on opposite ends of the keyboard. It's OK that you can't spell President, that's the type of political knowledge I expect from someone analyzing a Rage Against the Machine tracklist like it's a Magic Eye print of the Money Pit of Oak Island.

President doesn't need a capital P unless it's being used before a name.

Wisconsin, however, should always be capitalized.

Coachella Junkie jackstraw94086's Avatar

Tom Morello said that he dosent think its a coinncidence that the country has gone downhill.
    "no coincidence" implies two events sharing a causal relationship. What's the other event?

Typos don't happen on opposite ends of the keyboard. It's OK that you can't spell President, that's the type of political knowledge I expect from someone analyzing a Rage Against the Machine tracklist like it's a Magic Eye print of the Money Pit of Oak Island.
    I have more political knowledge then 95% of the people who post on this board. If all you can do is criticize and debate on how my spelling wasent a typo then your opinion doesnt matter to me.

how my spelling wasent a typo then your opinion doesnt matter to me.

"WASENT" They're gonna get you for that.

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw94086 View Post
    no coincidence implies two events sharing a causal relationship. What's the other event?
    he said its no coincidence that since the band broke up that the country has deteriorated.

"no coincidence" implies two events sharing a causal relationship. What's the other event?
    I believe he was referring to Tom Morello's insistence that the political shitspiral of the past 7 years is directly related to the absence of RATM.

Hannahrain is quick to quote you on his signature Rosetta, what do you think about that????

I'm a she. How many male Hannahs do you know?

My bad, forgive me?

Coachella Junkie jackstraw94086's Avatar

Jesus christ, no wonder I stopped liking rage when I graduated junior year of high school.

Someone said it on this board some time ago but it's true. If "fuck you I won't do what you tell me" still resonates with you after your teens then you've got serious problems.

This is fucking ridiculous that people cant even have a debate on this board because a mojority of the people are fucking assholes. I tried to make a point and instead of people just reading it and having an intelligible conversation about it my grammaticle errors, which were done by accident, are discrediting me.

Jesus christ, no wonder I stopped liking rage when I graduated junior year of high school.

Someone said it on this board some time ago but it's true. If "fuck you I won't do what you tell me" still resonates with you after your teens then you've got serious problems.
    That sure came out of nowhere although i do partially agree.