Voters
90. You may not vote on this poll
  • Music at the Gates

60 66.67%
  • Goldcoast Festival

30 33.33%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: CREATE A FESTIVAL - ROUND 1 - MUSIC AT THE GATES VS. GOLDCOAST FESTIVAL

Default CREATE A FESTIVAL - ROUND 1 - MUSIC AT THE GATES VS. GOLDCOAST FESTIVAL

ROUND 1: Music at the Gates vs. Goldcoast Festival

Okay, here's the first match-up of Round 1. Music at the Gates vs. Goldcoast Festival. You get one vote (that is if you wanna vote). Remember, the only votes being counted are those from valid members with 100 or more posts, and is not an alias. If you don't meet those standards, then don't bother voting, because it will be a waste of your time. And this is a public poll, so we/I can see who is voting for who.

Anyway, vote for whatever festival you like best, meaning, between the two, if you were going to attend one, which would it be. Base your vote on the overall lineup, maybe your favorite band, maybe the best diversity...it's up to you. Winner moves on to round 2. Voting will last three days.

Music at the Gates:

Goldcoast Festival:

Default Re: CREATE A FESTIVAL - ROUND 1 - MUSIC AT THE GATES VS. GOLDCOAST FESTIVAL

ummmm....2 bands reunited on the same day? At The Drive-In AND Godspeed?

Gummi bear sultan miscorrections's Avatar

Default Re: CREATE A FESTIVAL - ROUND 1 - MUSIC AT THE GATES VS. GOLDCOAST FESTIVAL

ok this one is fucking hard. goldcoast wins by a nose because THE NATIONAL.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    Has anyone gone on a date with a sandwich recently? What base did you get to? Ham?

This one is tough.

Goldcoast has the wrong month, btw. And Uffie.
    Quote Originally Posted by SoulDischarge View Post
    See how wrong you are, Tommy? Randy is agreeing with you.

Yeah... that's the middle of winter.
    Hunting has been part of our society since the first Europeans came over and shot buffalo and Native Americans and whatnot.
    ---
    The Dive Poets

Aieeeee . . . . that's tough. But I'd have to go with Music at the Gates, because they have Bowie. And Radiohead. Both of whom I want to see live before I die.

again let me say this: IF YOU DON'T HAVE 100 POSTS, DON'T BOTHER VOTING. IT'S NOT GONNA COUNT. IF YOU CONTINUE TO DO SO, TO BE ANNOYING OR WHATEVER, I KNOW WHERE THE BAN BUTTON IS.

Quote Originally Posted by Tylerdurden31 View Post
    ummmm....2 bands reunited on the same day? At The Drive-In AND Godspeed?
    I don't think Godspeed is technically broken up. However, neither is Blur and I would suspect they were on the reunion fight as well. I picked this festival just because Godspeed and Yo La Tengo were not it, but I would hate to miss the other festival as well.

Good thing these two are on different days.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    I try to be politically pc more than most here: As a dude, anyone who could put a shark up a gals pc body, is pretty creepy, different and interesting. Just saying big time ..... cr****

Quote Originally Posted by mountmccabe View Post
    This one is tough.

yeah. uffie sealed the deal for the gates. glad i learned about her yesterday.

Gates has like 5 headliners. Bowie, Radiohead, Arcade Fire, PJ Harvey, and Outkast. I'm pretty sure PJ and Arcade were on the headliner list. I was surprised, but just saying and yeah the other one has two reunions.

This is tough...I like Goldcoast's poster more...but Music at the Gates has way better headliners...damn.

No, just (saying) Bowie, Radiohead, Arcade Fire and Outkast per rules. (1 too many vs. Band Rules/Headlining Rules) - Oopps (but ok with me). Yeah, just noticed it - but I already voted since ...

whoops...err, well it's hard to catch everything. I slipped....oh well, consider yourself lucky then.

fuck-ups on both sides of this fence

Which fuck ups do I value less?... Hmmm... x.x
    Upcoming Shows:
    * Dillon Francis + Anamanaguchi -- December 28th

Going to Weekend 1 of Coachella 2014

Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Cara. Don't judge a man for not being able to formulate a coherent thought. On an internet forum of all places.

Quote Originally Posted by mountmccabe View Post
    This one is tough.

and wrong days

menik, i have less than 100 posts but i'm participating, can i still vote?

and if i'm cleared to vote, i'm going with gates, it has a more diverse lineup in my opinion. plus i'd like to see their set times.

Speaking of which, what's the deal with the set times? Is it only for later rounds, or what?
    Upcoming Shows:
    * Dillon Francis + Anamanaguchi -- December 28th

Going to Weekend 1 of Coachella 2014

Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Cara. Don't judge a man for not being able to formulate a coherent thought. On an internet forum of all places.

set times are for after the second round. first and second rounds are being treated as the prelims.

Goldcoast, even with Dillinger on Music At The Gates I still went with the other. And Ed Banger crew and ATDI in one day, thats alot of craziness there. You just hope they dont conflict. And whats up with Fiona on all of these line ups? WEird....

yes, cant feel my face, participants (regardless of post count) can vote

Bowie, or Boards of Canada, thats tough but I have to go with Boards of Canada so Goldcoast

Mickey Avalon, ew. Why are you all complaining about Uffie when you could complain about Mickey Avalon? Although, the presence of Yo La Tengo almost balances out the Mickey Avalon factor. Almost.

i'd complain about mickey avalon if i knew who he was. you only learned me about uffie. i blame you.

Sorry ewiggy, my new goal should be to educate the board on all incredibly bad musicians whose boyfriends/friends are scenesters who decide to decide to make an overnight sensation over people who otherwise lack musical talent.

I know who Frankie Avalon is. Does that count for anything?

allright... so I was curious about uffie after all of the uffie bashing goin on, so I checked out their myspace. it's bad. Really bad. It's almost like they're not even trying.
    Alright... I regret the screen name.

Quote Originally Posted by suprefan View Post
    Goldcoast, even with Dillinger on Music At The Gates I still went with the other. And Ed Banger crew and ATDI in one day, thats alot of craziness there. You just hope they dont conflict. And whats up with Fiona on all of these line ups? WEird....
    Yeah, i don't really like the general "Ed Banger Crew" insertion. Justice could take up a 45 minute slot by himself, Having the whole crew on stage would be a clusterfuck in such a time slot. if you gave them maybe two time slots and just closed the day out on that note, that would be strong, but i would honestly only do that with an invisibl skratch piklz type supercrew. sorry geekism.

I'm not jazzed on the ATDI reunion or Dillinger Escape Plan only because the atdi reunion would only be a fraction of the original band's thunder. and DEP would underwhem me because they'd be one of those bands that would get lost among a festival crowd that's not 100% behind them.

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderInTheSky View Post
    Bowie, or Boards of Canada, thats tough but I have to go with Boards of Canada so Goldcoast
    you're insane. Bowie would be a better treat in my opinion.