• Zoo Festival

71 78.02%
  • She Bang Festival

20 21.98%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: CREATE A FESTIVAL - ROUND 1 - ZOO FESTIVAL VS. SHE BANG FESTIVAL

Default CREATE A FESTIVAL - ROUND 1 - ZOO FESTIVAL VS. SHE BANG FESTIVAL

ROUND 1: Zoo Festival vs. She Bang Festival

Okay, here's the first match-up of Round 1. The Zoo Festival vs. She Bang Festival. You get one vote (that is if you wanna vote). Remember, the only votes being counted are those from valid members with 100 or more posts, and is not an alias. If you don't meet those standards, then don't bother voting, because it will be a waste of your time. And this is a public poll, so we/I can see who is voting for who.

Anyway, vote for whatever festival you like best, meaning, between the two, if you were going to attend one, which would it be. Base your vote on the overall lineup, maybe your favorite band, maybe the best diversity...it's up to you. Winner moves on to round 2. Voting will last three days.

The Zoo Festival:

She Bang Festival:

Default Re: CREATE A FESTIVAL - ROUND 1 - ZOO FESTIVAL VS. SHE BANG FESTIVAL

The zoo gets my vote because its got the Golden Gate bridge on it. <3
    http://www.myspace.com/caitapalooza
    WHITE CHICKS AND GANG SIGNS FTW

Quote Originally Posted by Senor Cardgage View Post
    Sadly, what I didnt know is that commie chicks = lack of grooming technology + panties made of burlap = Vagina Crimes Against Humanity.

zoo for me. they got all the biggies. the other one would be quite interesting though as I don't know many of the bands
    Then I will hold you down and spit her percolations all over you until you're as greasy as the day she regrets pushing your big fat ass out her big fat cunt.

The zoo > The roo. Fuckin solid.
    Alright... I regret the screen name.

Fiona Apple is on all four of the posters so far.

Coachella Junkie boarderwoozel3's Avatar

zoo takes this one

Augie March?!?!? I totally forgot about them!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hannahrain View Post
    Fiona Apple is on all four of the posters so far.
    Yeah, that's really crazy. Fiona Apple for Coachella 08!
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    I try to be politically pc more than most here: As a dude, anyone who could put a shark up a gals pc body, is pretty creepy, different and interesting. Just saying big time ..... cr****

Zoo Fest. The only acts that really, really pull me for sheBang are Animal Collective and the Pixies.

i'm not feeling the zune design. the zoo festival poster is great and i'd go to that festival. zoo for the win.

Quote Originally Posted by Caitlin View Post
    The zoo gets my vote because its got the Golden Gate bridge on it. <3
    i agree, the golden gate caught my eye/heart. the design of the poster and everything is very clear and not very cluttered. it'll be a very formidible opponent. it actually has me worried about a second round exit. yikes!

She Bang loses me mainly because Kylie is the headliner and i don't even know if she's actively performing. Kylie is also a weak headliner in America and wouldn't get the draw like a Madonna would get only because a majority of your audience is extremely casual about Kylie's catalogue and if that's going to be your exclaimation point on your festival then you're going to have alot of early departures.

That's just my nickel and a dime.

Zoo Fest is a better poster but Dungen wins it for me

zoo...the locusts,silver mt.zion,supergrass,jarvis...sounds like a fun weekend...
    looking to purchase:big brother skateboarding magazine back issues. travis bean tb1000s electric guitars.

Zoo seems more like a festival that might actually happen. But whoever created sheBang has an incredible knack for choosing somewhat obscure acts that people feel strongly about.

Quote Originally Posted by Courtney View Post
    Zoo seems more like a festival that might actually happen. But whoever created sheBang has an incredible knack for choosing somewhat obscure acts that people feel strongly about.
    I feel sometimes too much obscurity is a detriment. i feel like a festival like zoo would attract more just to see U2 than to see any of She Bang's lineup combined. There's no real draw and while i think a select few will appreciate their challenging lineup, the masses will pass because they aren't really leaping off of their couch to see Autolux.

true....that's some deep analysis...but for me, it would be strictly, what festival has the bands I wanna see, or more like..what festival has more bands that I would watch and enjoy

i still think Zoo is stronger because as a hip hop fan, i'm not really represented besides Dizzee Rascal, so i can appreciate Zoo's relatively more diverse lineup. it also fits Zoo's location being in San Francisco. having a number of different sounds blends well with the ambiance of the city. i think a festival of Zoo's caliber is assisted with the city of San Francisco as a backdrop. maybe i'm overanalyzing all of the aspects but the big picture is alot better than sheBang's

for some reason this thread keeps showing that there's been a new post, and there hasn't been.

Shebang. It has Boris. Zoo would be awesome but it has some total crap on it, and no Boris.
    Quote Originally Posted by suprefan View Post
    The Weeknd will probably play some secret show nobody knows about cause he is even more cryptic than I am.

I would eat dog shit to make Zoo Fest a reality. Definitely gets my vote.

I listened to Kasabian's first record again driving home from LA and I had forgotten how good it was.
    Quote Originally Posted by suprefan View Post
    The Weeknd will probably play some secret show nobody knows about cause he is even more cryptic than I am.

The Mighty Boosh is a band as well?

Quote Originally Posted by Ardentbiscuit View Post
    This is the equivalent of musical water boarding.

There aren't any headliners at sheBang. And there are a lot of reunions/special performances that woudl be expensive. You have to make it worth the while of the lesser known bands who perform rarely to come out there. Also, Boards of Canada is not a headlining group in any sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by york707 View Post
    I can't tell a british accent from a gay accent.

I had to go with sheBang, as it has less Coldplay lite style acts on it (C'mon - Athlete, Snow Patrol? Why oh Why). Plus, anyone who can get Scott Walker on stage must have godlike powers.
    Quote Originally Posted by JustSteve View Post
    well, for all intensive porpoises it is, will sell out within seconds tomorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by korbinn View Post
    It's jsut dawned on me that I'm overly confident and a extremely ocd perfectionist.

Zoo. Jarvis + Dresden Dolls for the win.

This is painful, because I had to vote against Spiritualized+Daft Punk to get Scott Walker+Faust+Sunn O)))+Boris+Autolux.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Remember Hitler? I don't but here we are again .. cr****

I may have a problem camping in Indio but there would not be an issue sleeping at Golden Gate Park.
    Whiskey Sour

2 oz blended whiskey
    Juice of 1/2 lemon
    1/2 tsp powdered sugar
    1 cherry
    1/2 slice lemon

Shake blended whiskey, juice of lemon, and powdered sugar with ice and strain into a whiskey sour glass. Decorate with the half-slice of lemon, top with the cherry, and serve.

Quote Originally Posted by tessalasset View Post
    The Mighty Boosh is a band as well?
    the boosh put on live acts. boosh > sarah silverman.
    woot, Archers of Loaf! go Loaf!

Coachella Junkie schoolofruckus's Avatar

I vote Zoo, by a long shot. Although I deducted points for A) having Big Boi solo, which further encourages this whole Speakerboxxx/Love Below shenanigans that I'm so very sick of, and B) I was disappointed to see that the theme of Zoo Festival was not somehow related to that movie about the guy that died from being fucked by a horse.

Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    The childless 20-something year olds on the board who find a 50 something year old man fucking teenage prostitutes distasteful will probably change the hum of their tune once they produce babies, definitely. That's the missing link.

that movie is really fucked up...
    looking to purchase:big brother skateboarding magazine back issues. travis bean tb1000s electric guitars.