Page 1 of 10 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Austin City Limits Lineup......

Default Austin City Limits Lineup......

Kindda sucks. Out of all those bands I wanna see maybe 4 of them. Whos going to headline Nada Surf, Brazillian Girls ?
    Ive got the demons in me, Ive got to brush them all away.......

Default Re: Austin City Limits Lineup......

I mean you could post it all. And as of right now there are maybe 30 acts officially anounced. So stop complaining, you arent even going.

I was just on the website and there are far more then 30 bands on it and if there was a decent enough line up I would go.....

Banned

Why did you even make this thread?

What is its purpose?

E

Quote Originally Posted by I'm Rosetta Stoned View Post
    I was just on the website and there are far more then 30 bands on it and if there was a decent enough line up I would go.....
    Hmmm..each his own. I am going for the UNdecent Gotan Project, Decemberists, Bjork, White Stripes.. and hopefully Explosions in the Sky.. Who knows, Arcade Fire would be a great surprise also.

I bought my tickets already, it wont be dsapointing, and it's only $145 for a ticket.
    I go to shows and festivals.
    Photos.
    http://www.facebook.com/photos.php?id=174734597279
    Over 1000 youtube videos from concerts
    http://http://www.youtube.com/thefestivalninja

I paid 50 a ticket for mine.

You're looking at the 2006 lineup, Rosetta.

Banned

Don't try to explain anything to that fucking idiot.

Waste of time.

E

Quote Originally Posted by Genedefekt View Post
    You're looking at the 2006 lineup, Rosetta.
    Word I just realized that therfore this thread can die along with all of DeltaSigChi's family. My mistake sorry.....

Quote Originally Posted by DeltaSigChi4 View Post
    Don't try to explain anything to that fucking idiot.

Waste of time.

E
    Period?

Anyways, Bjork and the White Stripes were enough for me to buy my tickets already.

i need a huge favor...3 day passes sold out for this and im in need of two. if anyone knows anyone with selling them please let me know. thanks.

WOW. That may be the best festival lineup I have ever seen!

*plots a way to figure out how to go*

Coachella 2006 was the best lineup ever. Just sayin.
    At some point in time a man switches from "I'll have what he's having" to "I'll have what I'm having."

Quote Originally Posted by circles View Post
    i need a huge favor...3 day passes sold out for this and im in need of two. if anyone knows anyone with selling them please let me know. thanks.
    They will be releasing single tickets next tuesday, I don't know the price yet, but this 3 day pass sold out thing seems like a trick to sell more single tickets to a expensive price. My friend needs one 3 day pass also, but if single ones are not that expensive, I think she will be buying those.

I think the intent was to get more people to go all 3 days. the single day tix are going to be limited, I believe the goal was to sell nothing but 3-days.
    Last edited by disgustipated; 06-14-2007 at 12:05 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Young blood View Post
    Stop being a pussy should be the answer to all of life's problems. It has worked for me so far.

Quote Originally Posted by orbit View Post
    They will be releasing single tickets next tuesday, I don't know the price yet, but this 3 day pass sold out thing seems like a trick to sell more single tickets to a expensive price. My friend needs one 3 day pass also, but if single ones are not that expensive, I think she will be buying those.
    yeah....im afraid one day passes are gonna be pretty expensive.

Conflicts: please opine.

Friday:

Blonde Redhead vs. Peter Bjorn & John. I'm leaning to BR, really don't know a lot about either

LCD Soundsystem vs MIA .. probably LCD for me

QOTSA vs Spoon. ha ha ha no difficulty with this one, Spoon for sure

Saturday

Paolo Nutni vs Stephen Marley vs sleeping later. zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Andrew Bird vs Steve Earle. Bird's at the top of his game, I've seen Earle a bunch before

Kelly Willis vs Arctic Monkeys vs Muse. I like KW a lot and may see her if I'm in that frame of mind. AM disappointed at Coachella. Never been able to figure out the appeal of Muse, this might be the time to check them out live and see if a light bulb comes on or something.

Arcade Fire vs White Stripes I still have no idea what I'm going to do. WS are playing an afterparty at Stubbs on Sunday but it's sold out and conflicts with Dylan anyways.

Sunday

Lucinda Williams vs Bloc Party I've not been too interested in either's latest.

Wilco vs My Morning Jacket this conflict sucks but I don't know if I could ever pass on Wilco
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

Tom, here's my take for what it's worth:
    Friday:
    -PB&J simply because I didn't hear "Up Against the Wall" at coachella because I left too early...
    -Neither LCD or M.I.A.
    -I'm with you on Spoon, easy choice for me

Saturday:
    -zzzzzzzzzzzzz
    -Bird
    -Muse
    -Arcade fire... No, White Stripes... No Arcade Fire... This is going to be a gametime decision for me...

Sunday
    -Neither Lucinda nor Bloc Party for me. Maybe check out my fantasy football team's scores in the AT&T tent...
    -Wilco over MMJ, simply due to the, "I've seen MMJ lately, not Wilco" rule of thumb...

I agree, though... There are a couple of FUCKED conflicts at ACL. FUCKED> FUCKED> FUCKED>
    -----------------------

Wilco plays ACL every year...but I understand the conflict.

Mine...

Friday:

No major conflicts for me on day one except for JJ grey and mofro vs M.I.A. not a terrible conflict as I can catch the last half of M.I.A.s set.

QOTSA vs. Spoon
    I have seen both countless times. this will be a last minute choice for me

Saturday:

Dax Riggs vs. Back Door Slam

Railroad earth vs. Andrew Bird vs. Steve Earl
    tough one, I'm leaning towards AB as well Tom, then off to Ocote Soul Sounds

Sunday:

Devotchka vs. Rodrigo y Gabriella
    leaning towards Devotchka as I have wanted to see them for a while. Plus I caught Rod y Gab at Coachella and have tickets to the aftershow at Antone's.
    Quote Originally Posted by Young blood View Post
    Stop being a pussy should be the answer to all of life's problems. It has worked for me so far.

Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Conflicts: please opine.

Friday:

Blonde Redhead vs. Peter Bjorn & John. I'm leaning to BR, really don't know a lot about either

LCD Soundsystem vs MIA .. probably LCD for me

QOTSA vs Spoon. ha ha ha no difficulty with this one, Spoon for sure

Saturday

Paolo Nutni vs Stephen Marley vs sleeping later. zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Andrew Bird vs Steve Earle. Bird's at the top of his game, I've seen Earle a bunch before

Kelly Willis vs Arctic Monkeys vs Muse. I like KW a lot and may see her if I'm in that frame of mind. AM disappointed at Coachella. Never been able to figure out the appeal of Muse, this might be the time to check them out live and see if a light bulb comes on or something.

Arcade Fire vs White Stripes I still have no idea what I'm going to do. WS are playing an afterparty at Stubbs on Sunday but it's sold out and conflicts with Dylan anyways.

Sunday

Lucinda Williams vs Bloc Party I've not been too interested in either's latest.

Wilco vs My Morning Jacket this conflict sucks but I don't know if I could ever pass on Wilco
    It occurs to me that you might already know the decision you should make on all of these, except for maybe two. Ummm, I'd probably go Stripes if you don't think you'll have a chance to see them elsewhere this year. Wilco vs MMJ is tough though. I bet the latter would put on a fantastic set, but yeah, missing Wilco. Whew. Flip a coin maybe. Leave it up to the universe.

Quote Originally Posted by mob roulette View Post
    It occurs to me that you might already know the decision you should make on all of these, except for maybe two.
    no I am actually seeking input of the Sages of the Coachella Board.
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

Okay. Blonde Redhead, LCD, Spoon, sleep in, Andrew Bird, Kelly Willis (come on Tom. Muse?), Stripes (probably), Lucinda, then flip a coin and hope for the best on that one. You likely can't go wrong either way. I might try to catch MMJ personally.

And I just meant I thought you'd would probably lean this way eventually anyway. We all know you're a reasonable man.

there are enough monkeys in here drooling over muse to make me think maybe i'd missed something.

surprised to see you suggest Kelly Willis though, I didn't think she was your type.

I'm not going, but....

Friday:
    Blonde Redhead 3:30-4:30 (conflicting with PB&J is really ignorant, but Blonde Redhead easily wins this)
    Crowded House 4:30-5:30
    LCD vs. MIA...I don't know what I'd do between this complete overlap...I haven't ever seen MIA, but LCD's music is better, so I guess LCD 5:30-6:30
    Spoon 6:30-7:30 (QOTSA were boring at Detour, last two CD's weren't very good, so Spoon it is)
    Bjork 8:30-10:00 (why didn't they book a good act like Daft Punk instead of The Killers? well, maybe it's for the best, since the ignorant assholes in charge of this would make them conflict)

Satuday:
    Stephen Marley 2:30-3:30
    Andrew Bird 3:30-4:30
    Damien Rice 4:30-5:30
    Muse 6:30-7:30 (fuck the Arctic Monkeys....no contest)
    White Stripes 8:30-10 (hardest conflict EVER, but I've seen Arcade Fire six times and the Stripes only once)

Sunday:
    I wouldn't even go. I wouldn't mind seeing Rodrigo y Gabriela and always want to see The Decemberists, but I saw Bob Dylan live and it was depressing, and none of the other acts are interesting enough to justify the ticket price.

why isn't one of these bands playing earlier in the day? it's like Coachella this year when hardly any bands are playing the first few hours of the day, if any, but then they all start playing at exactly the same time. only not nearly as many good bands, so it's like two bands conflicting instead of five.

see I think Sunday is the best day. I will see Yo La Tengo, the National, Robert Earl Keen, DeVotchKa, Lucinda, Regina, Wilco, Decemberists and Dylan.

Tom I haven't seen MIA but I was pleasantly surprised at how much of a "band" LCD Soundsystem was.For some reason I thought they were DJs.They have been doing a killer cover of the Joy Division song "No Love Lost" that just flat-out rocks.I think you might like 'em.
    Quote Originally Posted by God
    Do you want to continue talking about Lizards?

Gummi bear sultan miscorrections's Avatar

see I think Sunday is the best day. I will see Yo La Tengo, the National, Robert Earl Keen, DeVotchKa, Lucinda, Regina, Wilco, Decemberists and Dylan.
    would you take video of the national, pretty please? i've no idea when i'll ever get to see them live.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    Has anyone gone on a date with a sandwich recently? What base did you get to? Ham?

surprised to see you suggest Kelly Willis though, I didn't think she was your type.
    I've only heard a couple of tracks, but I like where she's going with this.

Quote Originally Posted by TomAZ View Post
    there are enough monkeys in here drooling over muse to make me think maybe i'd missed something.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boourns View Post
    Sunday:
    I wouldn't even go. I wouldn't mind seeing Rodrigo y Gabriela and always want to see The Decemberists, but I saw Bob Dylan live and it was depressing, and none of the other acts are interesting enough to justify the ticket price.
    This is why.

This is exactly why. Everybody's entitled to their own opinion, but for God's sake man, realize when you're talking to someone who will never say anything remotely useful to you about music.

I really want a Sunday ticket, btw.

Opining commencing...

Friday:

Blonde Redhead vs. Peter Bjorn & John. - I have no real opinion. I've only liked about half of the Blonde Redhead that I've heard but I've also gotten that Peter Bjorn & John are inconsistent live. Maybe they'll be up for it for a festival; but maybe not at 3:30 on the first day.

LCD Soundsystem vs MIA - MIA was very fun at the Coachella last year. Though honestly I can't see you loving either of these artists.

QOTSA vs Spoon. Guy Forsyth is playing over at the BMI stage. Sayin'.

Saturday

Paolo Nutni vs Stephen Marley vs sleeping later. Well you're already going to be there to see Willy Mason at 11:45 AM, right? And Sound Team at 12:30? As for this particular decision I'd likely be somewhere else.

Andrew Bird vs Steve Earle. I wouldn't want to miss Andrew Bird.

Kelly Willis vs Arctic Monkeys vs Muse. I'd be at a loss here. I liked Arctic Monkeys more at Coachella than I expected but that was a low target. Personally I'm sick of Muse. I'm not sure how I misread the British indie fan's contempt for them of 4 or 5 years ago; they're way overblown and over the top and there are great songs but mostly a lot of flashy sturm und drang.

Arcade Fire vs White Stripes I'd pick Arcade Fire twice. But I've seen the Stripes 5 or 6 times and while I bet I'd like this show better than their last one (at the Dodge, supporting ...Satan) I wouldn't want to miss Arcade Fire at this point in their career.

Sunday

Lucinda Williams vs Bloc Party This would have me thrown. I guess the good thing is they're very different music. So for me it'd be a game-time decision based on what I was in the mood for.

Wilco vs My Morning Jacket Have you seen MMJ live? They are epic and amazing and not to be missed. They stole Coachella 2006 for me and their show at the Marquee in January is on the short list for favorite of the year. I love Wilco but I've never loved them live. I need to see them headline their own show sometime.
    Last edited by mountmccabe; 08-13-2007 at 03:59 PM. Reason: remove stray formatting
    Quote Originally Posted by SoulDischarge View Post
    See how wrong you are, Tommy? Randy is agreeing with you.