Thread: The GOP Debate

Default The GOP Debate

Hi grownups. How you been? I am here to recap the debate for you, just in case you missed it. Don't mention it, it's fine. Happy to help.

so yeah. to begin with, mitt romney is a fucking fanTAStic public speaker. i didn't believe a word he said, but he's charming as all get out. the man should be selling buicks or something and making cash hand over fist. slick as shit this one, transcending his natural mormon recalcitrance more and more with each passing day. mc cain should really be taking lessons from this guy, he really owned the stage tonight. mc cain can sometimes come across as blustery and of narrow vision and somehow slightly napoleonic even, like he's trying to compensate for something he lacks. tonight he mostly looked angry. and like he was attempting to remember soundbites. angry little soundbites that didn't quite fit into his alloted speaking time. giuliani said the words "new york" three, count em, THREE seconds into his introduction, as we all knew he would. yeah, rudy, you kept manhattan together after 9/11, we know, we know. the best goddamned den mother in the world does not necessarily a president make. but points for your pro-choice statement and your deft handling of the definitions of "sunni" and "shiite". way to go buddy. i guess in the end, he kind of came across as the most liberal candidate up there and i'm not entirely sure if that wasn't his strategy. except of course, for poor ron paul, who's got this weird western libertarianism thing going on, but he looks more like ross perot than barry goldwater. he appeared to have SOME halfway decent ideas, but what he DOESN'T have is a snowball's chance in hell of winning this thing. he's actually probably the horse in dead last right now and will quite probably stay there. just not presidential at all.

let's see, who's left? a bunch of also rans. duncan hunter is a goddamned chicken hawk and shouldn't be let anywhere near the white house. hey duncan, it's okay to just say "china". the "communist" qualifier is totally unnecessary. yeah, we get it, axis of evil, next soviet union, blah blah blah. whatever. there's money to be made over there, kid, and you're sure not making any friends in the business world with THAT kind of talk, big boy. sam brownback looks and sounds like he's al gore's retarded younger brother. i wouldn't trust him to carry my groceries. huckabee came across as too evangelical, tommy thompson is a walrus from wisconsin and a blowhard to boot, and tancredo from laredo looks too smug and anatagonistic. one passive aggressive motherfucker right there. again, don't let him anywhere NEAR the white house OR that little red button. he looks like the type that might declare war on his own fucking sandwich. srsly.

so yeah. three way race between mc cain, giuliani, and romney. i predict romney picking up the faith vote and crushing giuliani in the minds of party loyalists. or at least making it more difficult (and close) than anyone thinks, at least based on tonight. mc cain needs to learn to talk like a fucking human being and quit trying to please the hardliners. reach out to moderates, john, and you'll fare much better.

anyway, it's a moot point already, yes? obama in 08. let's make it happen, people. clean the place UP already. i mean, right?

okay that's all.
    Last edited by mob roulette; 05-03-2007 at 07:53 PM.

lowfront

Default Re: The GOP Debate

Ron Paul is the only candidate that will actually change America

OK, mob. But what's all that got to do with Radiohead and Daft Punk?

as far as GOP goes, Ron Paul seems like an OK guy... man... I fucking HATE McCain and Giuliani, I hope it's not either of them.

As far as the democratic candidates go... I don't see many better. They are all hesitant about pulling the troops out of Iraq (except Kucinich and Gravel) and haven't been outspoken enough about demilitarizing our foreign policy.

ugh... fucking politicians.

In the past, I have found McCain to be the least objectionable of the GOP candidates because I think he's right on the mark when it comes to fiscal conservativeness and campaign finance reform. I also think his stances on both the war and stem cell research are decent. But coming out of yesterday, Giuliani won some major points for being willing to go against the party line on abortion rights. Unfortunately, he's way too pro-military on 9/11, and as mob notes he definitely doesn't have the political experience necessary to be a heavyweight candidate. Romney's description of the Bush presidency ("passion... love for country" blah blah blah) turned me off entirely, not to mention his flop-flopping on abortion. Ugh. And Ron Paul doesn't have a snowball's chance in hell... his stance on the abolition of income tax is pretty out there, although I do respect the non-interventionist foreign policy line.

Whatever. It matters very little, given that I'll be voting in the democratic primary.

God's official party

Banned

Guliani said that Bush is one of the greatest Presidents ever.

That alone should be enough to get that stupid son of a bitch committed.

E

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by menikmati View Post
    God's official party
    Even god votes Democrat these days.

E

Quote Originally Posted by DeltaSigChi4 View Post
    Guliani said that Bush is one of the greatest Presidents ever.
    I wonder why he did that? Given Bush's current polling numbers, Giuliani's campaign people have got to realize that aligning themselves with the Bush presidency is like shooting themselves in the foot. Not to mention, if Giuliani is trying to distance himself from the party as the "moderate" candidate, this definitely isn't the way to do it. He should be talking more about Reagan's legacy, and less about the Bush/Cheney/Rove axis of evil.

he should just not talk at all

Banned

Which legacy would that be? Funneling BILLIONS to his rich white conservative friends while the entire nation starved? Iran-contra? Fuck Reagan. I'd piss on his grave if I ever stumbled across it.

E

Regardless of whatever I personally think of the Reagan administration, you can't deny that his name has become like a battle cry for a new generation of Republicans. For their party, his time in office was the "golden years" to which they hope to return. If anyone can get young, disaffected conservatives to return to the GOP ticket, it's going to be Reagan.

(This article does a good job of giving a synopsis of this new breed of Reagan-worship.)
    Last edited by Courtney; 05-04-2007 at 10:50 AM. Reason: added link to article

Banned

Obsolete party. Obsolete ideology. Obsolete platform[s].

E

I hate Reagan.
    Quote Originally Posted by concertgoer View Post
    You better stop because he can shut down this message board with one call.

I have a coworker who'd jerk off to reagan and those ideologies

Kucinich 08

Coachella Junkie

Fuck a Kucinich. Richardson is the only reasonable candidate and he's got no shot because he's a chubby little Mexican.

yayyyyyyyyy

booooooooo

Coachella Junkie

Kucinich looks like he's getting ready to extract horse spunk for further deleprechaunizing experiments.

hahahahahaha. he's got you there.