Thread: Thank God Air came on late...

Default Thank God Air came on late...

because I got to see the full set and fell in love with them!!!

Default Re: Thank God Air came on late...

I swore I wasn't gonna sit around and wait for anyone but I did wait for air cause there wasn't anyone worth the walk or the interest...and when I heard..."air cancelled" I thought fuck you for talking shit...and then when they came to stage and we were closer than when we originally started...I was in sheer awwww!!!

But I felt like that the first I saw them at coachella...

Talking Re: Thank God Air came on late...

Quote Originally Posted by djoz187 View Post
    because I got to see the full set and fell in love with them!!!
    dude you're crazy. they played one of the shortest sets I've ever seen done by a major act at a music festival before, and started about half an hour late to boot. total bullshit, but yeah- glad you enjoyed it anyway.

LET'S MAKE SOME NOISE ON HERE AND GET AIR TO COME BACK NEXT YEAR

as dissapointing as their set seemed to be, they still had an impact on at least one person. I remember when I heard Air for the first time... bliss.
    Alright... I regret the screen name.

Quote Originally Posted by Blintz View Post

LET'S MAKE SOME NOISE ON HERE AND GET AIR TO COME BACK NEXT YEAR
    Yeah!!!! We deserve Air next year and they will have play more than an hour to make up for this bullthing, hope GV listens!

First time seeing Air. Late as all heck - but fucking BEAUTIFUL. Please play Coachella again - or come to Florida!! We love you here.

I thought everyone that started booing Air when they came on for being late were horribly rude and I was embarrassed to be associated as an audience member with them. It's too bad they didn't perform in the Sahara tent because I saw them in Santa Barbara a few years ago and their lightshow was AMAZING

Quote Originally Posted by tripcalifornia View Post
    I thought everyone that started booing Air when they came on for being late were horribly rude and I was embarrassed to be associated as an audience member with them. It's too bad they didn't perform in the Sahara tent because I saw them in Santa Barbara a few years ago and their lightshow was AMAZING
    I was at the show at the S.B. bowl too! So much better when they have a proper slot, sound, and beautiful venue. Sadly I had to miss them this year, cause Manu Chao hit the stage.
    You a S.B. local, by chance?
    attended '01,'02,'04,'05,'06,'07,'08,'09,10

Seriously, they need to bring Air back next year after this years disaster. Just like the year when the Libertines had a similar situation and they made room for them the next day to play again.

I just hope they tour the US a bit more this year.

Unhappy Re: Thank God Air came on late...

Quote Originally Posted by tripcalifornia View Post

Being up front, I asked the people around me why they were booing - apparently it was because Paris Hilton was on the side of the stage. I was hoping Air didn't think it was towards them...

And then the dude screaming, "FUCK YOU, PARIS!" embarrassed me even more 'cause I thought Air, being from France, would've taken that the wrong way too.. I don't know -- paranoid-highs are the worst.

Yeah, I was confused at why people were booing as well. They were booing Paris Hilton and NOT Air. People just gave an "Aww!" to Air when they finished, but there really was not much disrespect to Air. We just let them know we were sad.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    I try to be politically pc more than most here: As a dude, anyone who could put a shark up a gals pc body, is pretty creepy, different and interesting. Just saying big time ..... cr****

Bring them next year!

Quote Originally Posted by joebizz View Post
    I was at the show at the S.B. bowl too! So much better when they have a proper slot, sound, and beautiful venue. Sadly I had to miss them this year, cause Manu Chao hit the stage.
    You a S.B. local, by chance?
    Joey!!! My long lost friend from back in my braces days!!! Now I love Coachella even more for reuniting me with one of the most treasured friendships I have had so far! We need to see what we can do about combining our Coachella crews for next year. You should hit up Lightning in a Bottle this year, it falls on Mother's Day so I unfortunately can't make it. Maybe a word of mouth party or two this summer??

Quote Originally Posted by Alchemy View Post
    Yeah, I was confused at why people were booing as well. They were booing Paris Hilton and NOT Air. People just gave an "Aww!" to Air when they finished, but there really was not much disrespect to Air. We just let them know we were sad.
    The boos were for Paris?? Wow, I had no idea. I guess it doesn't really matter though unless the members of Air knew the boos were not directed at them. I'm not a Paris fan, but that's just mean. Man, it's got to be rough to be a celebrity trying to go to something like Coachella - they just don't have the chance to enjoy it on a level that a lot of us get to because someone is always watching, judging, and taking pictures. No thank you.

Amazing songs, far too short! I really really hope they play again next year, or at least another US tour. I need to see a full length set. That show was the biggest tease. I was in another world for about 15 minutes. It was like I ate mushrooms, had an amazing trip, but it only lasted 15 minutes. Dissappointing. That was my number one do not miss act. I still love Air. I just want more.