Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: The Coachella Flu ...fact or fiction?

Default Re: The Coachella Flu ...fact or fiction?

both me andmy girlfriend got the same flu symptoms. now we just have bad conjested lungs. anyone been to a dr?

Quote Originally Posted by SubBass49 View Post
    Were you at the Motel 6 in Palm Desert? (Varner & Washington off the 10)
    Yes I was in fact. And let me tell you it was wayyyy better than the Indio Motel suck. Last year the A/C went out in the entire hotel the whole weekend and I nearly passed the fuck out. That reminds me, I need to book my room for next year. It's actually in a pretty good location but I sure as hell will avoid the Del Taco come 08.

im pretty sick. it's probably from lack of sleep and there were massive amounts of different types of smoke.

Oh wow, I thought it was just me! I was extremely itchy for like... the first 3 days after coming home and I was pretty congested.

Quote Originally Posted by clarky123 View Post
    Fuck your formal education up for music and stop being a coward.
    Quote Originally Posted by braundiggity View Post
    I dunno. Lots of the arguments seem hypocritical to me. Can't we leave it simply as: I loved the shit out of it, some hated the shit out of it, and that's just how some shows go?
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/musicislife/

Karma Police are coming for you

Lurker

I totally noticed that everyone had a cough during Coachella, especially those who stayed at the campsite.

I had got it, but it disappeared soon after.

Quote Originally Posted by devachan View Post
    Yes I was in fact. And let me tell you it was wayyyy better than the Indio Motel suck. Last year the A/C went out in the entire hotel the whole weekend and I nearly passed the fuck out. That reminds me, I need to book my room for next year. It's actually in a pretty good location but I sure as hell will avoid the Del Taco come 08.
    Yo...my brother and I have stayed there for like the last 4 Coachellas...it's the best spot IMHO.
    Coachella Vet: '99, '01, '02, '03, '04, '05, '06, '07, '08, '09...

Quote Originally Posted by HandBanana View Post
    SUBBASS49 WAS AN INSIDE JOB!!!!!!!

Exclamation FYI a few rage battle of coachella shirts avail on ebay

thankfully someone bought up a few extra rage battle of coachella shirts over the Coachella wkend! if you needed the black rage against the machine shirt and they were sold out check out ebay. i just scored a battle of coachella shirt from there myself!

clockwork123 the spammer...lol...if ya'll cant figure it out, he's the one with the Rage shirts for sale on E-bay...lol...

clockwork123 the spammer...lol...if ya'll cant figure it out, he's the one with the Rage shirts for sale on E-bay...lol...
    Yeah, I noticed! He has posted the same exact thing on every thread!

Anyway, my laryngitis is nearly gone...finally! My boyfriend and I are still coughing though. As for the rashes, I noticed I had a small one on my hands, where flies were biting me during the C of C performance. Did anyone else notice the insane amount of flies this year? That could have something to do with it.

No flies on me. I use proper hygiene.
    Quote Originally Posted by SepaGroove View Post
    You shouldn't feel uncool for not going to EDC, you should feel uncool because you are uncool.

I'm pretty sure there was a bug floating around. I know several people who were sick both in Washington and Cali. I, myself, got sick on Tuesday but was pretty much over it by the first day of Coachella. I think that is what all the coughing was about. There were a lot of people either still sick or just getting over it.

Coachella Junkie boarderwoozel3's Avatar

my friend got that rash people are talking about on her arms. I just got some conjestion, but that was probably from the tons of pot and cigs I smoked so that one is on me.

I've never felt this bad in my life. Went to the doctor today (no insurance, so that bill is going to be a fortune when it arrives), and I have sinusitis, bronchitis, and the infection has now spread to my right ear, where there's a horrible amount of pressure combined with a sharp, stabbing sensation that is constant and does not go away. I can't sleep, watch tv, read, play on the computer for more than a couple minutes, nada. Just lie awake in agony.

That sucks! I hope you feel better Boourns. Not feeling better after the doctor's visit or after taking the medications he prescribed?

Thanks. Well, it takes a few days for meds to kick in...

I had a bad cold a week before Coachella and by the time April 27th came around all I had was a cough with no phlegm and lots of boogies but I felt fine and only got better. Never had anything like what everyone is describing.
    I did not camp.

There was definitely something in the campsite, 99% of everyone I have talked to that camped is still sick or getting over a long week of illness sparked that weekend. I remember hearing everyone coughing, but I assumed it was from smoking random things. When I saw this thread I was amazed.

If the reason that Coachella can only be on the hottest weekend of the year is because of the grass, then why was the campsite a barren field of dead grass and dust as early as Thursday night? That brown air was disgusting and I had to cover my face when stuck like cattle trying to escape. All the good it did...

Anybody else notice the color of the stuff that came out of their nose? I was camping so I was out in the dust the whole time, but I showered every day, and nonetheless when I got home and gave it a proper cleaning... shit was BLACK. Like pitch black. My nostrils were darker than the Murphy brothers.
    Quote Originally Posted by schoolofruckus View Post
    Look, your parenting is yours and Randy's business alone.
    Fans of TheLastGreatMan Accessory Shop

I camped from thursday to monday and have no problems at all. I remember on friday I was sneezing and had some conjestion.. I took one anti-allergy pill and I felt really good all the weekend. No cough, no sore throat.

just got back from from stagecoach...i have the stuffed nose from hell and a little sore throat. same thing i had after 3 days of coachella. all my symptoms went away in a couple days last week and will hopefully do the same this week. i attribute it to way too much drinking of alcohol, not enough water...living at the beach, but spending 2 weekends in a row in a dry, hot, windy desert is no good for my body. i need my ocean breeze and moist air. just hoping my lungs(i have a lung disease) hold up and i don't end up in the hospital like i have every year after coachella since '04...have mothers day this upcoming weekend and then fly back to maryland for a friends wedding the weekend after that. i can rest in june, i guess!

this sucks, my fourth coachella and I never got sick before, now it's been a week of a sore throat, vomiting and fever, and apparently it was evolving into bronchitis, so I got a couple of antibiotic shots...

I just want to get some rest

this is my fourth time for coachella and the first time to come home with some sort of ailment.
    my friend and i just blame the dirty RATM fans.
    "That's the most gangster punk rock shit out there."- Z-Trip showing his love for Paul Tollett

Quote Originally Posted by thelastgreatman View Post
    Anybody else notice the color of the stuff that came out of their nose? I was camping so I was out in the dust the whole time, but I showered every day, and nonetheless when I got home and gave it a proper cleaning... shit was BLACK. Like pitch black. My nostrils were darker than the Murphy brothers.
    Ugh, don't remind me.

At least you didn't have a visit from the EMT for bleeding all over the place on Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by ghettojournalist View Post
    this is my fourth time for coachella and the first time to come home with some sort of ailment.
    my friend and i just blame the dirty RATM fans.

i didn't camp on site, i camped at lake cahuilla and i still got sick, 2 days in bed, antibiotics.

i also got a wierd rash on my shins mostly, doesn't itch, never did.

Maybe I didn't get a rash because the skin on my legs never touched the grass. I wore jeans friday, then on saturday and sunday I wore a sarong with knee high socks.
    Quote Originally Posted by concertgoer View Post
    You better stop because he can shut down this message board with one call.

Hmmm...damn...I might hafta try this. How did you figure this out?
    http://www.amazon.com/Prescription-N...137465-0035319

cool...mighta hatfa get that..sounds like a good reference

My voice was all fucked up and is just now getting better. Coming from the east coast, our pollen expoded the few days before I left and I was already having trouble. Going to a dry climate with a lot of dust and particulates in the air didn't help at all. I do think the third day beat us all up a lot though.