Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: The Coachella Flu ...fact or fiction?

Default Re: The Coachella Flu ...fact or fiction?

Quote Originally Posted by lisa pea View Post
    Just to check, is anyone feeling better? I saw someone got antibiotics, did that help? I've been feeling sick (similar to allergies) for about a week now and I'm really not feeling any better. Someone please tell me this feeling goes away!!!
    I am a bit better, no body ache/pounding head ache/fever. however, I am CONSTANTLY blowing my nose and my throat is a tad sore. I managed to work a full 10 hours today; I hope to recover by Monday though - have a 1400 mile road trip ahead and I'll be driving half of it.

I cannot stop coughing...the back of my head hurts...and my eyes are kind of watery.

I camped, but I didn't spend a ton of time at the campsite. I was in as soon as I could be each day.

I definitely caught something. Nothing terrible, but the back of my throat hurts a lot and feels sort of thick, if that makes sense.

Feel like shit, more or less a mix of the heat, the camping, and the craziness at the actual festival...needless to say I will be at a hotel next year. The people I met were great but that was about it, my body just could not stand the heat, the allergies, and the lack of sleep.
    Quote Originally Posted by superfan View Post
    And I have a dick for you to eat if youre hungry still.

Wow, I'm sick as a dog. Started yesterday morning. I camped onsite.
    I thought it was the water they sprayed on us in the audience, I was drenched, and then it got chilly in my tent.

Then I had to wash my car the other day and I did the cheaper hose-it-down-yourself coin-op, and got wet again. But I think I would have to blame the dust there.

I'm going the homeopathic route:
    Allium cepa 6C (for runny nose & frequent sneezing)
    Belladonna 6C (for fever)
    Kali bichromicum 6C (for thick nasal discharge)

(got it at Whole Foods market)
    Seems to be doing its job quickly!

One thing: I once did research on bottled water. The one served at Coachella is Crystal Geyser. I remember reading a published comparative analysis on bottled waters and it rated low with a higher cyanide content. But I just did some followup research and surprisingly, there is a different source for Crystal Geyser on the East Coast than the West Coast. Apparently, the West Coast version is actually from a spring in Switzerland somewhere. Interesting. Anyway, I drank a helluva lot of Crystal Geyser over the weekend. Maybe they should mix it up with other brands? (I would pay a little more for Fiji water.) CG is probably the best deal cuz I see it served a lot in big events like this.

I'm just sad that it's 51 more weeks until next time. It might be clinical.

Does anyone think that maybe the government has had a hand in this?

Well, if anyone gets more seriously ill, then please ask someone to post it for you so we can keep a tally...

[jk]

I still have some flu effects. But after sunday I had nasal congestion, runny nose and heavy sore throat. SO IS A FACT!!!!

I got sick too! Well my allergies would always kick in later in the evening at the polo field. And finally I got a cold on the drive back to Los Angeles. That didn't stop me from from seeing The Ed Banger crew on mon & tues in Los Angeles and then I got bronchitis. I missed 2 days of works so far...

Quote Originally Posted by thelastgreatman View Post
    Anyone else notice that the insides of their nostrils had become lined with a substance of pitch blackness over the course of the weekend? Maybe just a campsite thing?

And no, it had nothing to do with heroin. Naturally, that fell through--fucking junkies.
    It's called dust...my brother & I call the boogers ya get at the end of each night, "Coachella Browns." been like that going all the way back to 99...just a fact of Coachella...
    Coachella Vet: '99, '01, '02, '03, '04, '05, '06, '07, '08, '09...

Quote Originally Posted by HandBanana View Post
    SUBBASS49 WAS AN INSIDE JOB!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BoneDaddy View Post
    I got thrush. This is the second time I've had thrush after a Coachella weekend. Too much social interaction I guess.
    Weakened immune system or antibiotics?

its the drugs, the drinking, the dirty touching , the people in camping not cleaning . haha

[QUOTE (I would pay a little more for Fiji water.) CG is probably the best deal cuz I see it served a lot in big events like this.[/QUOTE]

a LITTLE more? if Crystal Geyser is going for 2 bucks a pop, Fiji would have to be 10-15. good water though
    Then I will hold you down and spit her percolations all over you until you're as greasy as the day she regrets pushing your big fat ass out her big fat cunt.

I had a mad cough starting Monday while driving back to Nevada...

All this week I've been absolutely depleted of energy and w/really bad headaches every morning... I though It was just allergies.. But Fuck, Coachella flu it is!!

Finally getting better for the weekend though...

Disclosure - October 12 - Reno, NV.
    Treasure Island Music Festival - October 19 - San Francisco, CA.
    Portugal, The Man - October 22 - Reno, NV.
    Cut Copy - October 31 - Reno, NV.
    Phoenix w/ Alt-J - December 5 - Reno, NV.

COACHELLA '07, '08, '09, '11, '13

The one symptom I can say I've experienced is the total exhaustion...falling asleep at like 8pm or earlier every night...barely able to get up & turn off the alarm in the morning...no sickness symptoms though...unless you count the cold sore that decided to pop up and say hello on Sunday..

Quote Originally Posted by SubBass49 View Post
    The one symptom I can say I've experienced is the total exhaustion...falling asleep at like 8pm or earlier every night...barely able to get up & turn off the alarm in the morning...no sickness symptoms though...unless you count the cold sore that decided to pop up and say hello on Sunday..
    Cold sore, read..."Herpes"

What were you doing?

That shit's for life, I hope you know. Now was it worth it? (Probably so.)

Oh I know...that's old shit though...I think I was like 8 when I got mono...fuck it. I just take lysine every day, and it's usually years between them showin' up...this time though I think it was the extreme jump in sun exposure (known to trigger 'em). It's usually either too much sun or too much stress...

Lysine works best taken with B6 (50mg) and Vit. C (at least 500mg) and an aspirin! Try it!

Quote Originally Posted by tibu1 View Post
    or there was some weird pesticide sprayed.
    There was nothing sprayed on the grass other than water.
    With horses worth more than most of us make in a year, I doubt that any kind of chemical would be used. Same goes for anything used to make the grass greener.
    Is horse pee considered a chemical?

Wow. This is insane. I was just talking to my boyfriend (who went with me) about how strange it was that my entire group was sick all weekend (and never was sick at Coachella before).

This year I felt horrible! I had full scale LARYNGITIS all weekend, woke up Sat morning with a swollen throat and couldn't speak a word. I also had this horrible cough and my voice still isn't back to normal. That is so weird!

Quote Originally Posted by everlay View Post
    Lysine works best taken with B6 (50mg) and Vit. C (at least 500mg) and an aspirin! Try it!
    Hmmm...damn...I might hafta try this. How did you figure this out?

Gummi bear sultan miscorrections's Avatar

you only need 1-1.5 g lysine daily, and chances are you get that in your food.

although sources suggest lysine may help with herpes. so if lysine is making you feel better, i'm judging you. also you may want to get tested, you dirty fucks.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    Has anyone gone on a date with a sandwich recently? What base did you get to? Ham?

Count me among the sick. Got a sore throat, runny nose and persistent cough. now it hurts to cough. I think it was all the dust out there and then the change in climate coming back home to a much cooler area. or peaches. that bitch.
    Upcoming: 04/11/14-04/13/14 - Coachella Weekend One; 04/18/14-04/20/14 - Coachella Weekend Two; 08/19/14 - NIN/Soundgarden (Isleta Amphitheater - Albuquerque, NM)

God, I'm feeling worse today. Still coughing, still got that green, disgusting drainage, but I cannot swallow. The back of my throat is in excruciating pain, and whenever I swallow it takes a lot of effort and I make the most agonized face. Kill me now.

Never again. Nothing is worth this kind of suffering.

Quote Originally Posted by miscorrections View Post
    you only need 1-1.5 g lysine daily, and chances are you get that in your food.

although sources suggest lysine may help with herpes. so if lysine is making you feel better, i'm judging you. also you may want to get tested, you dirty fucks.
    Lysine doesnt make you feel better...it keeps cold sores from showing up. And I got mono when I was like 8 years old...I'm far from dirty...lol...

So is anybody actually over it yet?? Every day I wake up hoping it will be gone, but nooooo ... Sore throat was gone by Wed., but since then has just been tons of congestion and nose blowing, despite taking all kinds of airborne, saline, zinc, decongestants, etc. THIS SUCKS. (And I have to fly back to CA tomorrow - I'm sure being in a plane for 6 hours will help a lot ...) Very mysterious that so many people are sick though ...

Damn I feel for you all. Sucks big time. I got sick after 05 really bad and I only went one day. I had the stomach flu a couple days earlier in the week but I attribute that to eating at Del Taco. I was forced to really because it was the only place open by my hotel 24 hours. That crap tastes 100 times better at 3am after a day at Coachella.

Quote Originally Posted by devachan View Post
    Damn I feel for you all. Sucks big time. I got sick after 05 really bad and I only went one day. I had the stomach flu a couple days earlier in the week but I attribute that to eating at Del Taco. I was forced to really because it was the only place open by my hotel 24 hours. That crap tastes 100 times better at 3am after a day at Coachella.
    Were you at the Motel 6 in Palm Desert? (Varner & Washington off the 10)

Quote Originally Posted by JZ117 View Post
    So is anybody actually over it yet?? Every day I wake up hoping it will be gone, but nooooo ... THIS SUCKS. (And I have to fly back to CA tomorrow - I'm sure being in a plane for 6 hours will help a lot ...) Very mysterious that so many people are sick though ...
    The rash that pretty much covered my body is gone (except around my elbows...leading me to believe it was the grass). One thing is still around, and that is that I continue to be completely and utterly exhausted!! I wake up dead tired, and drag my ass through the day feeling like I'm in the 10th round of a prize-fight!

The rash! wtf... I noticed it on my stomach/back/upper arms about a day after getting home. My forearms/legs which were actually on the grass have no sign of it, and mine was never itchy unlike what others have said.

I initially attributed this to stress since I was staying awake all night when I returned and scrambling to complete the projects I blew off for Coachella.

Other than that I had no flu/cold or other symptoms.