Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678

Thread: The Coachella Flu ...fact or fiction?

Default Re: The Coachella Flu ...fact or fiction?

its the amount of different people our immune systems can't handle all the new people and since everyones immune system fights of different pathogens and carries different ones our own bodies don't know what to do with themselves so we get sick after and during cause its out bodies responding to all the new agents that they are exposed to.

Look, I don't mean to cause a disagreement, but...

Germs don't exist. There, I said it. It's all propaganda by the medicinal establishment.

The real reason you get sick is God hates fags, of course.
    Quote Originally Posted by schoolofruckus View Post
    Look, your parenting is yours and Randy's business alone.
    Fans of TheLastGreatMan Accessory Shop

I'm sick with the flu right now. It has nothing to do with Coachella.
    Whiskey Sour

2 oz blended whiskey
    Juice of 1/2 lemon
    1/2 tsp powdered sugar
    1 cherry
    1/2 slice lemon

Shake blended whiskey, juice of lemon, and powdered sugar with ice and strain into a whiskey sour glass. Decorate with the half-slice of lemon, top with the cherry, and serve.

I have gotten sick every time I have gotten home from coachella. I attribute it to lack of sleep/drinking/14 hours in the sun each day.
    RAPE STOVE

white power?!

I'm attending Coachella in a plastic bubble this year.
    7/2 Batwings Catwings @ Los Globos, 7/11 Nick Cave, Warpaint @ the Shrine, 7/18-20 Pemberton, 7/27 Babymetal @ Fonda, 8/1 Arcade Fire, the Unicorns, Dan Deacon at the Forum, 8/2 Burger a-Go-Go, 8/9 Warpaint @ Observatory, 8/10 Warpaint @ The Ace, 8/23-24 FYF Fest, 9/19 Chvrches @ Palladium, 9/30 Cibo Matto @ the Roxy, 10/16 Massive Attack @ Greek Theater

Quote Originally Posted by Boourns View Post
    I'm attending Coachella in a plastic bubble this year.
    I always knew you were Wayne Coynes alias.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    And it's been long established that Chris hates fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatinisbad View Post
    I took my niece this year and it was her first Coachella. It was so fun to see it through her eyes. She thought it felt like a magical scene from Shreck. The one where all the fairy tale creatures meet for the first time in Shreck's swamp.

Quote Originally Posted by dontfeedthebird View Post
    I say it's the dust.
    ITs definitely the dust. After Friday night I came to my tent and cleaned out my nose and there was dirt allll in it. It was ridiculous
    Quote Originally Posted by menikmati View Post
    Make up rumors of who's playing > keep track of who's confirmed > whine about where the lineup is > lineup announced! > bitch about how the lineup sucks > whine about what bands will be added > bands finally added! > whine about where set times are > set times finally announced! > bitch about how set times suck > goto show > come back and say Coachella was best ever! > start rumors for next year

I've never gotten it.
    But then again I live in the desert so I could be used to whatever it is that makes people sick when they come to Coachella.

if history is any indication, I will probably OD on Ricola after this years festival.

I was fine in 2006 but after last year I was in horrible shape. It didn't occur until after Sunday though. I don't think it was the dust but rather the security guards spraying water in my face while in the front during Manu Chao and Rage Against the Machine.
    Morrissey needs to be shot. He is bad for your soul.

I'm putting it down to:

>>4 Nights of little to no sleep
    >> 4 Days of dancing around in the sun with....
    >>Copius amounts of alcohol and/or recreational narcotics
    >> The 1000's of other sweaty people breathing your precious air when you're all crowded together
    >> SHARING OF WATER BOTTLES EWWWWWWWW u DIRTY RAVERS :P

Mix them all up together and you got a recipe for a good time (which usually makes you sick afterwards)

Mythbuster verdict - Plausible
    Last edited by Gyrus; 01-11-2008 at 06:26 PM. Reason: Editing
    Recent studies at Yale have shown that being an asshole is detrimental to one's health. Professor Sweetlove, a Psychology professor, came on record as saying:
    "Assholes and local desert rats tend to live shorter lives and have less consensual sexual relations than non assholes. It could be due to lower testoserone levels or a chemical imbalance in the brain but some people are just wired to be.... well.... assholes"
    Full story can be found here. AP

mine was definitely dust/allergy related, and not a virus. on the second day, i started sneezing pretty fucking bad. my nose was running and eyes were itching . by the end of that day i was miserable. the third day i started having breathing troubles. like, full on asthma type shit. i had to buy a primatine mist inhaler on the way to the airport the next morning. i wound up having to use it for 3 days after getting back home, and i wasn't "100%" for about a week.

it's actually my #1 concern with going back. i mean, i had a good time, but i was also MISERABLE. it's a lot harder to enjoy yourself when you can't fucking breathe.

i guess that's why all those people were wearing bandanas or surgical masks. i don't want to have to do that if i go again, but goddamn.

Maybe I am a new breed of super human, but I always feel better after coachella - good food, good exercise, lotsa sun for my hermit-white skin. But my fiance is allergic to hay and winds up wheezing by the second night. Polo field = horses = hay, maybe you are all just getting hay fever, (which is actually just a cover term for allergies to lots of different seasonal pollens, which are most prevalent during dry, windy, and hot conditions; ie Coachella). Try taking an allergy pill like loratadine, (which is really cheap at Costco btw) a few days before you go and untill you get home, it will help.
    Quote Originally Posted by thelastgreatman View Post
    tomato soup looks and tastes like vegetable menstruation.

ashtraygrl, definitely start taking allergy meds a few days in advance (loratadine is a good suggestion - basically generic Claritin). If you have insurance, I'd also strongly suggest going to a doc and seeing if they will write you a prescription for an albuterol inhaler. It works a lot better than Primatene (which is epinephrine). Also, with all the dust and pollen in the air, it would help to flush out your nostrils a couple of times a day, or at least before you sleep. Drugstores sell little bottles of saline for this.

I feel your pain, the same thing happens to me if I have to be around cats, I am miserable for a few days after. If I know I'm going to be around a cat, I use an inhaler, and it helps a lot. My doc had no problem prescribing one for occasional use.

if you need allergy pills/spray, be sure to bring it in a prescription bottle. They jacked my inhaler and pills two years ago... it was rough!

Last year I had to sneak shit in like a drug mule.

Coachella Junkie boarderwoozel3's Avatar

did you have to use the port-o-shitters as an extraction site?

Quote Originally Posted by ttboy80 View Post
    if you need allergy pills/spray, be sure to bring it in a prescription bottle. They jacked my inhaler and pills two years ago... it was rough!

Last year I had to sneak shit in like a drug mule.

That's fucked.
    It's like, I'm well old enough to drink yet I had to sneak in the alcohol like back in the prohibition days, felt well dodgy. Note to self, best way to smuggle shit in.... wrap it in your tent or just get someone to walk near the border of the fence (beer garden works best) and just chuck the bag (full of booze - be careful) over fence to someone that's waiting
    We can do an allergy drug run this year, we'll organise a whole underground network, we can even flog off sudafeds for $3 a pop, lets do it....
    Recent studies at Yale have shown that being an asshole is detrimental to one's health. Professor Sweetlove, a Psychology professor, came on record as saying:
    "Assholes and local desert rats tend to live shorter lives and have less consensual sexual relations than non assholes. It could be due to lower testoserone levels or a chemical imbalance in the brain but some people are just wired to be.... well.... assholes"
    Full story can be found here. AP

Lurker

Arrow Re: The Coachella Flu ...fact or fiction?

The Coachella Flu==FACT

Interesting but not surprising that others have gotten sick. I was sick for about two weeks after Coachella in 2006.

I will break it down for you:
    The inside of your lungs are moist and they like it that way. The dust/dirt, dry climate, and extreme heat dehydrate and inflame the lining of your lungs. Flu-like upper respiratory infections will follow. If you already suffer from allergies and if you exhaust yourself each day the symptoms are exacerbated.

Stay hydrated, wear a cloth over your mouth like those tools you've seen. Take allergy meds-Zyrtec is the best. Sit a lot when you are not dancing. Take a multi-vitamin. Try not to drink a lot of alcohol. It suppresses your immune system. Good luck! Being sick sucks.

Thumbs up Re: The Coachella Flu ...fact or fiction?

Quote Originally Posted by dirty hippie View Post
    The Coachella Flu==FACT

Interesting but not surprising that others have gotten sick. I was sick for about two weeks after Coachella in 2006.

I will break it down for you:
    The inside of your lungs are moist and they like it that way. The dust/dirt, dry climate, and extreme heat dehydrate and inflame the lining of your lungs. Flu-like upper respiratory infections will follow. If you already suffer from allergies and if you exhaust yourself each day the symptoms are exacerbated.

Stay hydrated, wear a cloth over your mouth like those tools you've seen. Take allergy meds-Zyrtec is the best. Sit a lot when you are not dancing. Take a multi-vitamin. Try not to drink a lot of alcohol. It suppresses your immune system. Good luck! Being sick sucks.
    wow... what a good explanation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewski27 View Post
    i think i would rather suck AIDZ out of gary colemans nutt.

I couldnt use my voice for two weeks but I think it was from the impromptu dance party in the parking lot while waiting for traffic after Rage- 1hr half of inhaling dust. it was worth it.

Memorial_07

walking to the actual festival grounds makes it very dusty
    that may be why

Hey
    I am not understand what is the discussing point?
    some body talking about Coachella Flu mean virus infection and some talked about Coachella valley music, Art Festival,

I normally get really sick after the festival...i cant figure out why
    Quote Originally Posted by paganman7 View Post
    I had a dream that my wife cheated on me with Calmer. True story.
    Quote Originally Posted by TeamCoachellaHellYeah View Post
    Did you find pee in her butt?

It's not really surprising at all, considering all the dust you'll get to sniff there. =)

Well, I remember this year when we heard the people who were spraying water around to keep the dust down to not walk through it barefoot. So that water probably has something in it... I'm thinking sewage runoff?
    Quote Originally Posted by psychic friend View Post
    the best songs are the ones that dont remind you of anyone in particular yet still give you that utter euphoric contentedness of perfection in your mind, body and soul. keep them close.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boourns View Post
    A bag of doritos > RHCP > getting kicked in the balls > Mumford & Sons > skinned alive > Macklemore
    Quote Originally Posted by elliottb View Post
    Ohh god, you guys are so fucking sensitive. Yes there is potential to get laid at Coachella if you camp or are willing to have sex against the fences by the Sahara.

^ yes.... and people drink that water, SOOO GROSSS